The time to select the new OP for the Military Ground Vehicles thread is upon us. Many of you are familiar with this system, those of you who are not, pay attention
- Code: Select all
[size=120]This is my Nomination. There are many like it, but this one is mine.[/size]
I will accept nominations until the end of page 405.
The poll has been established. It will close at the end of page 495, at which point I will disable re-voting, locking in the tally.
In an effort to not play favorites, and to encourage people to Play Nicely With Others, this will be the latest in the series of Tank Threads. We may make a habit of providing a fresh OP for continuation threads that have been locked due to length to avoid such problems in the future. Best of luck with it.
- No mechs. This means no legged vehicles, or any sort of vehicles that rely on legs for movement, even if designed to fulfill the same role as tanks. This includes hybrids like Ghost in the Shell think-tanks and Tachikomas. If you're looking for a thread about mechs, please see the link listed further down.
- Hovertanks, heavy tanks, light tanks, and other vehicles that fulfill the role of a tank, but not necessarily a modern main battle tank, are allowed.
- Please attempt to be reasonably civil to each other. Discuss, do not flame, do not bait, no matter how right you think you are, or wrong the other guy is. Stay on topic. Please simply report any unreasonable lapses that don't correct themselves.
- No one has 'ownership' of this thread, it's concept, it's execution, nor does any player have the right to deny use of, or reference to it. Everyone is welcome so long as you respect the thread rules, and intent of the topic.
- Please keep in mind: If you post a design here, or make a statement that is incorrect, you automatically accept that it may, nay will, be criticized. You do not have to agree to accept the criticism and act on it but you forfeited the right to whine about it when you posted. Such is the nature of a public forum.
The adage "Better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" is apt. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post. If you don't know, ask. Someone will tell you. Try to learn from what the more experienced players have to say, and use that knowledge to improve your design. As always, to the veterans, this is not an excuse to flame, troll or otherwise act in an insulting way towards posters.
For the previous MBT threads, click here:
(Note: All previous threads are locked, however if you have a question or response to anything brought up in the previous threads, go ahead and post it here.)
If you have a question about mechs, or vehicles involving legs, Check here.
For general questions on military realism and how it relates to NationStates, see the NS Military Realism Consultation Thread. This is mostly MT to some levels of PMT. For FT advice and discussion, see the Argument Thread OOC Future Tech Only and the Advice Thread OOC Future Tech Only links.
It's all the same, only the name has changed.