NATION

PASSWORD

International Incidents Spotlight Program - FT | Open to All

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Independent Colonial Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

International Incidents Spotlight Program - FT | Open to All

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Have you ever had that one aspect of your nation you wanted to be able to flesh out properly, but never had the opportunity to do so? Have you ever wanted to know more about the inner workings of someone else's nation but been afraid to ask? Now is your chance to fix both of these, using the II Spotlight Program.

The Spotlight Program is a way for FT nations to come together to detail their nations collaboratively with others. The Spotlight Program revolves primarily around character RP's within a given nation. The owner of that nation decides the parameters of the roleplay based on what detail within their own nation they want to flesh out more (such as "Law Enforcement", "Trade Routes", "Local Celebrities" etc). Other players can browse the list of ideas in this thread, and decide whether or not they want to be involved with each idea. Often times guests will be playing characters not from their own nation. This lets them experience the style of nation of the host, while helping the host with growing their understanding of their own nation.

A Host Nation is a nation that is looking to detail some part of their nation they haven't been able to before. They are posting up a "help wanted" sign, inviting other nations involved with the Spotlight Program to come and join in on an RP they have planned. Usually these nations are looking for an ability to flesh out a part of their nation they've never looked at before (but not always). Host players are also the ones who set up the parameters for the RP, and do the legwork between the guest nations when it comes too communications and keeping everything on track. Basically, they're the story framers.

A Guest Nation is a nation that wants to get involved in some character RP. It's that simple. Guest nations want to experience some aspect of the host nation. Maybe they want to learn about the host, maybe they want to do some detailing of their own if the host allows them to use their own character. Guest nations are also declaring themselves willing to get solicitations from hosts. If you're a guest nation, you may receive some TG's asking if you'd be interested in joining a host's RP. You're kind of putting yourself out there as looking for business. You're not obligated to join if you don't want, that's your prerogative. But if you don't want to be asked, you should probably avoid listing yourself as a guest. The Spotlight Program is all about getting people out there and working with each other.

So let's say our host nation (Player A) decides he wants to add some detail to a part of his nation. He decides he wants to add some depth to his law enforcement. In order to do so, he comes to the Spotlight Program. Player A makes a post in the thread, detailing what exactly he plans to do, and how participants will be involved. For this example, let's say he decides that guest nations will each play a detective within a small town police department working to solve a recent influx of drug shipments. This description gets listed under the "Host Nations" list, with a link to Player A's nation page.

At the same time, Player B decides they want to know more about Player A's nation. Player B comes to the Spotlight Program, and checks the Host Nations listing. She spots Player A's thread, and decides that playing a badass cop from Player A's nation sounds like a cool way to learn about it. Player B sends a telegram to Player A, letting him know she wants to get involved. Now, the two of them together decide they need more players. They go to the Guest Nation listing in the Spotlight Program thread, and pick a random name from the list: Player C. They telegram Player C, and ask if he wants to get involved with the RP. Player C agrees, and the lot of them go off and create a thread for their RP. Once the thread is made, Player A posts in the Spotlight Program thread one last time, to remove himself from the Host list, and adding a link to the "Catalogue of Exchanges".

That's it! A, B and C all go off to their new thread. Player A gets to flesh out new details about his law enforcement, while B and C get to learn about A's nation from a unique inside perspective. Happy role playing!

Well, you don't, necessarily. Plenty of NSers do this every day within their usual groups every day, while others throw their posts up in II and hope for the best. If you feel more comfortable doing that, then by all means, go ahead. The Spotlight Project is intended to get people out of their usual circles and bring some fresh perspective into roleplays, while you detail your nation. Interacting with people you may not normally come in contact with might help you find aspects of your nation you never would have seen with your usual group. It is also intended to help people who want to get involved in character RP's within other nations, but don't know how to get started. Think of the Spotlight Program as an expansion pack. You don't need it to play, but it certainly livens up the game.

When you are deciding what sort of RP you want to do as a host, keep in mind that you're not limited in your actions! Many RP's will be of characters from within the host nation. This isn't to say that that is the ONLY option! If you feel like it's the best way to coax out your details, you're more than welcome to have the guests play characters from their own nations. You may have guests control more than one character, such as a team or squad of characters. You may have each guest play an entire department from their nation as it interacts with your own! Your limits are purely of your own design. Don't let us stop you from doing something amazing!

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 pm

• Independent Colonial Union
    Sea of Stars - Characters will be newly minted sailors aboard the new C.S.S. Ardent Strike, an Oracle class corvette stationed around Kalle as it begins its first tour of duty defending the local trade routes. Designed to flesh out shipborne life during a tour of duty, without getting terribly risky. Everyone loves a good hull scraping!

Just another day at work - Characters will be members of a special forces team operating as part of the Colonial Army as they take down an isolated terrorist cell on Prorass. Lots of infantry combat intended to flesh out squad mechanics and elite fighting forces.
  • Doppio Giudici
    Outsiders enter Doppio Giudici after it opens it borders to non-immigrants. Since most immigrants never leave the country is mostly a blank slate to the world. Example of the kind of people who would come: Agents from other governments gathering Intel, Terrorists, Workers in the mass media, Tourists
  • New Azura
    Characters will be visitors to Estasyon Alinsan, a special way-station created by the Mírada Primacy to help service various races and species travelling through the sector. The setting is designed to expose the Tauhans, a humanoid race within the Primacy to other civilizations in an attempt to expand their horizons. Events could range from simple humor to tense stand-offs, depending on your personal tastes.
  • The UEG-Space Command
    Second Contact War - This character RP idea goes about the Turian Invasion of Harvest, the UNSC Agriculture planet. In 5 days with in 3 weeks the UNSC would start to go down the road of a true Super power, you will play as Soldiers, Marines and or even ODST who were tasked with defending the planet, while it is already set in stone, certain minor issues can change or stay similar to history depending on how the character reacts to the issue.

Law and Order: SVU UNSC Edition - The future equivalent to New York's finest, a special part of the Police Force of Harmony battle the constant threat of sex slavers, child abuse and rape trauma and other special needs cases with not a bag of warrants and coats, but with ballistic armor and magnetic weapons. Strongly character driven.
  • Woodfin
    Characters will have the choice to either be a criminal or mercenary on the planet Kal Prime. Kal Prime is a prison world that was turned into an area for entertainment reasons, the planet is split between 6 major factions constantly at war. The Woodfin government uses these wars of entertainment to gain money and weed out certain criminals without looking like oppressive murders by placing bounties and sending assassins in the so called name of entertainment.
Last edited by Independent Colonial Union on Sat May 26, 2012 9:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Last edited by Independent Colonial Union on Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

• No exchanges yet...

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Tue May 22, 2012 11:26 pm

The Spotlight Program is now open!

Basically, I got this idea while hanging around in the FT IRC channel. I have lots of ideas for various parts of my nation, but I never really get the opportunity to give them any real detail or mass, because they're mostly internal matters. I decided to ask around and see if anybody would be interested in an exchange. They'd play some characters in my nation for the length of one RP, and I'd play some characters in theirs in return. All parties involved would get to flesh out ideas in their nation, while the other people would help provide questions for the OP to answer.

Enough people seemed interested that I got the idea for this. A system to highlight (shine a spotlight) on various aspects of others nations. Sort of a craigslist for people wanting to do semi-internal character RP's. If you have any suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to ask or TG me about it.
The Independent Colonial Union
“Human history can be viewed as a slowly dawning awareness that we are members of a larger group.” -Carl Sagan

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 pm

OOC Could there be a application to smooth things out?
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 pm

The whole thread is OOC so you don't need an OOC tag before your post :P

What do you mean by application? Like, to be listed as a host or a guest? To be a host you just gotta post your idea for what you want to do in the thread and I'll throw it up into the listing whenever I get time. For a guest, all you have to do is say "Hey, this sounds cool. I'd like to be a guest nation for someone" and again, I'll throw you up next time I wander in. Applications really aren't necessary, because I'm not going to tell anyone "no" as long as they're being reasonable. The point is to bring everyone together, after all.
“Human history can be viewed as a slowly dawning awareness that we are members of a larger group.” -Carl Sagan

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed May 23, 2012 12:14 am

Fine count me in.

Outsiders enter Doppio Giudici after it opens it borders to non-immigrants. Since most immigrants never leave the country is mostly a blank slate to the world.

Example of the kind of people who would come

Agents from other governments gathering Intel

Terrorists

Workers in the mass media

Tourists
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 am

Added you to the host nation list. Let me know if you also wish to be considered a guest nation :)

Ibis Galaxy Alliance
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ibis Galaxy Alliance » Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 am

Id like to do some kind of new colony rp.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Wed May 23, 2012 9:02 am

Ibis Galaxy alliance wrote:Id like to do some kind of new colony rp.

I'll need some flavor text so people know what they're getting in to! You can look at the RP's already in the host listing if you need some examples.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Wed May 23, 2012 9:26 am

I'm willing to go in for now as both a host and a guest nation if you would have me. I'm trying to break into Future Tech at the moment, and have a real strong focus in most of my writing on character-driven work anyways. As I flesh out more concepts, I'll bring them here.

A general concept that I'm working with:
Characters will be visitors to Estasyon Alinsan, a special way-station created by the Mírada Primacy to help service various races and species travelling through the sector. The setting is designed to expose the Tauhans, a humanoid race within the Primacy to other civilizations in an attempt to expand their horizons. Events could range from simple humor to tense stand-offs, depending on your personal tastes.
Last edited by New Azura on Wed May 23, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks, Azura. You're up on the list now. Your host scenario sounds like fun!

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am

Independent Colonial Union wrote:Thanks, Azura. You're up on the list now. Your host scenario sounds like fun!

Thanks, mate. It actually spawned a question though; do you think host nations could provide more than one scenario on here, to broaden the possible appear to other roleplayers?
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I was thinking that earlier, actually. No reason to limit people to one idea. Though if someone starts pushing five or ten we might have to draw a line for space :P

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Wed May 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Independent Colonial Union wrote:I was thinking that earlier, actually. No reason to limit people to one idea. Though if someone starts pushing five or ten we might have to draw a line for space :P

If I can work out a new scenario, I'll post it up.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER

— Controlled Nations —

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Wed May 23, 2012 5:50 pm

I have a few character RP's I am planning for the summer, possibly after I am done with Warrior Face Off.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Ibis Galaxy Alliance
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ibis Galaxy Alliance » Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Independent Colonial Union wrote:
Ibis Galaxy alliance wrote:Id like to do some kind of new colony rp.

I'll need some flavor text so people know what they're getting in to! You can look at the RP's already in the host listing if you need some examples.

Its based arounnd a new colony in the IGA. Its going to be a tidally locked planet, where one side gets all the light, so one sides going to be a blasted wasteland,the others going to be covrred in ice, and the area in between is going to be a jungle. So like a cross between Arakus, Hoth,and Pandora.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Thu May 24, 2012 9:05 am

Ibis Galaxy alliance wrote:
Independent Colonial Union wrote:

Its based arounnd a new colony in the IGA. Its going to be a tidally locked planet, where one side gets all the light, so one sides going to be a blasted wasteland,the others going to be covrred in ice, and the area in between is going to be a jungle. So like a cross between Arakus, Hoth,and Pandora.

Well, I mean some description of what people involved would be. Would they play colonists from your nation? Would they play foreign visitors to the new colony? Each flavor text is supposed to describe how each guest nation will factor in so they have an idea of what's expected from them.

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 am

Tag. :D

Well, I would like to be a guest country. Although I do have something cooking up as well, I might not have enough time to plan and host it yet. Basically, one of my worlds will be a planetary-wide entertainment hubs, or a planet-sized brothel, if you want. It is meant to provide service to locals and foreigners alike, to service them to their pleasure. There are many sorts of entertainment, from the most basic flesh pleasure to more intellectual one, as well as good ol' gambling, drinking, as well as taking recreational drugs.

This is my basic idea, although it is still developing. Any ideas, suggestions, questions are welcomed! :D

Yeah, it is kind of similar to Estasyon Alinsan, except more hedonistic, like everything we have here.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 am

Added you to the guest list! And that sounds like an awesome idea. It would be neat if you could delve into the more "shady dealings" that would likely go on in that planet. Though I may be biased :P Personally, I always love the opportunity to add some detail to the criminal side of a nation. It makes it feel more real when a nation isn't just a single unified face.

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Thu May 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Second Contact War

- This character RP idea goes about the Turian Invasion of Harvest, the UNSC Agriculture planet. In 5 days with in 3 weeks the UNSC would start to go down the road of a true Super power, you will play as Soldiers, Marines and or even ODST who were tasked with defending the planet, while it is already set in stone, certain minor issues can change or stay similar to history depending on how the character reacts to the issue.

Law and Order: SVU UNSC Edition

The future equivalent to New York's finest, a special part of the Police Force of Harmony battle the constant threat of sex slavers, child abuse and rape trauma and other special needs cases with not a bag of warrants and coats, but with ballistic armor and magnetic weapons. Strongly character driven.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Colonial Union » Thu May 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Added :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents