NATION

PASSWORD

The United Defenders League

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Fischistan wrote:
Tramiar wrote:A Canadian with a huge ego and terrible ideas? :unsure:

Yes, because being confident in yourself and being the one who came up with the whole SC/GA World Assembly model is terrible.

DYP said the UDL was Falc. I described Falc.

Also, huge ego and confidence are sort of different. Sorry.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Tramiar wrote:
Fischistan wrote:Yes, because being confident in yourself and being the one who came up with the whole SC/GA World Assembly model is terrible.

DYP said the UDL was Falc. I described Falc.

Oh shit, I feel like an idiot now...I thought you were talking about Unibot. He is Canadian, and he does have a bit of an ego though. :palm: :palm:
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Fischistan wrote:
Tramiar wrote:DYP said the UDL was Falc. I described Falc.

Oh shit, I feel like an idiot now...I thought you were talking about Unibot. He is Canadian, and he does have a bit of an ego though. :palm: :palm:

No worries, I had to ask her to be sure :p

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Fischistan wrote:Yes, because being confident in yourself and being the one who came up with the whole SC/GA World Assembly model is terrible.

Fischistan wrote:Oh shit, I feel like an idiot now...I thought you were talking about Unibot. He is Canadian, and he does have a bit of an ego though. :palm: :palm:

Indeed, especially if he's claiming credit for what was a collective idea.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Cormac Augustus wrote:Or it could totally be that raiders hijacked a UFO to come abduct and brainwash Mall, et al. Yes, that must be it. :palm:

:ugeek: I will neither confirm, nor deny, the existence of a Black Hawk UFO which brainwashes UDL members.

(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Sedgistan wrote:

Fischistan wrote:Oh shit, I feel like an idiot now...I thought you were talking about Unibot. He is Canadian, and he does have a bit of an ego though. :palm: :palm:

Indeed, especially if he's claiming credit for what was a collective idea.

Well, your boss called it the Unibot model. :P
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:10 am

Goobergunchia wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:
:ugeek: I will neither confirm, nor deny, the existence of a Black Hawk UFO which brainwashes UDL members.

*Is turning fenda and drinks aren't helping* :(

Must resist mind control...argh! :o

"OBEY GRUB! MUST DROP PANTS AND MAKE LONG WINDED RANT ABOUT EVIL RAIDERS ARE!"

But back to reality, I might be applying to a fenda org when I have more time on my hands. :meh:
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Cormac Augustus
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Augustus » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:28 am

New Rogernomics wrote:"OBEY GRUB! MUST DROP PANTS AND MAKE LONG WINDED RANT ABOUT EVIL RAIDERS ARE!"

I would say that any form of mind control that requires fendas to drop their pants should be treated as a top international security concern. For this reason I will shortly be proposing "Liberate My Burning Eyes" before the Security Council.

(No, not really, because I don't really feel like a rules violation just for the lulz. But lulz there would be!)
Duke Cormac Augustus Anumia

Prime Minister of Exshaw
Citizen of Europeia

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:21 am

I never rant how bad raiders are. I might complain like an old woman sometimes :P Hmmmmmm idea for a future project right there. OWL: Old Woman League.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:I never rant how bad raiders are. I might complain like an old woman sometimes :P Hmmmmmm idea for a future project right there. OWL: Old Woman League.
:lol:
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 am

Movie-Night was fun, thanks to Carta for picking the film (Rush Hour) although I had to spend too much energy pretending Chris Tucker isn't funny. :p

Very fun liberation, guys and gals. :)
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:32 am

Unibot II wrote:Movie-Night was fun, thanks to Carta for picking the film (Rush Hour) although I had to spend too much energy pretending Chris Tucker isn't funny. :p

Upon having sat through the first rush hour for movie night, I proceeded to watch the second one in its entirety, and am now watching the third one. : /
Retired

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

The 2012 Defender Awards, that we told you about last time, just announced its winners. The United Defenders League is very honoured to pick up the Defender Group of the Year Award and The Newcomer of the Year Award (which we shared with our merryman, Ravania). Also, congratulations to our Chief of Intelligence, Eluvatar for winning the Dipes Award for his contributions to the field of intelligence. We as a group would like to thank all the voters, native communities across NationStates, our mothers, alarm clocks, Max Barry, caffeine, Max Berry, the F5 key and The Founderless Regions Alliance for hosting the Awards ceremony. *music plays* Hey wait, I’m not done with the update! How rude, hmphf.

As for internally, The United Defenders League has been busy getting the Great Recruitment Council off the ground. The guys and I have been putting our heads together to find new and exciting ways to improve recruitment; I don’t think any of them are legal *sniggers* but hypothetically they’d be pretty neat. Well, to start things off, you can now find our telegram advertisements sandwiched in between a couple of raider group telegrams when you create a new nation and view its telegram box – but it’s a start! Thank you to Solm, one of our beloved merryman, for putting together the auto-recruiter script; we’ve generally strayed away from recruiting fresh newbies but we’ve decided it’s time to end that! To improve our effectiveness we’ve got some wacky ideas that might blow some minds when they’re released, but to start off with, we’ve compensated for the lack of annoyingness (because we’ve used less bold tags) by adding animated arrows that non-subtly point you to the message that will change your life!!

In addition to recruitment, The United Defenders League now includes a legal department. Our newly established Judge Advocate General's Corps, currently managed by Agamemnon, will provide legal counsel for our defenders and staff or others in cases we deem as falling under the umbrella of “cases that the UDL is interested in”. Defenders, like police officers in real life, tend to go to court a lot, so I think this service could be of mighty use. The legal department will also be consulted in interpretations of regional law when stuff happens that requires legal consultation. For example:

<Unibot> DURK IS PURGING THE NORTH PACIFIC… AGAIN!!!
<Mahaj> Oh noz.
<St. George> Is that illegal in The North Pacific?
<Unibot>… *glances at the legal code… the constitution… the bill of rights…* Um… this could take a bit to figure out; they’ve codified their region flag!?!?!
<Agamemnon> It’s illegal under c.8 of their Bill of Rights and c.11… but c.11 applies to everything.
<Unibot> Ah thank violet!

That was a simulated conversation by the way; St. George doesn’t actually care about breaking rules (kidding!).

In our military operations, we’ve had a great week or two. We defeated the Black Riders and co. in A Liberal Haven, which meant we had to endow our soldiers with some pretty badges:

Image Image Image

St. George, Carta, Zwangzug and our new-ish member, Nullarni get hugs and chocolate cake for being the only four to attend both attempts to liberate A Liberal Haven (the second attempt was successful, the first was close… but lacking in cigars). We also had some great defenses against The Black Hawks and the Black Riders, like in the United Lands of Catalystia, Kingdom of Ireland, District 10, Western Europe, Frozen wastes of Ralarii, The Youngworld, Together In Isolation and The Great Green Federation. There was also a sneaky raid in Deutschland which we caught and stopped before it could progress.

I recently re-created the German team from the infamous Monty Python skit, Philosopher’s Football Match, which can be found in the 1972 Munich Olympics. Which means you may occasionally see some philosophers kicking raider butt around NationStates from now on. Highlights thus far include Team Captain, Georg “Nobby” Hegel demonstrating his ‘Master-Slave dialectic’ against The Black Riders in the defense of “The Great Green Federation” and Franz Beckenbauer defending “Together In Isolation” from TBH and DEN:

@Goobergunch> Seconds ago: The Republic of Franz Beckenbauer became regional WA Delegate.
<+Saugeais> GOAL BECKENBAUER!
<+Saugeais> Beck!@
<IG> Very nice
<+Fisch> YAYAYAYAY!
<Wibblefeet> congrats
<@Goobergunch> defense successful

Speaking of sports, The United Defenders League is pleased to sponsor the Tournament of the Golden Arrow, a roleplayed archery event in NS-Sports which is being organized by Zwangzug and I. It’s our way of giving back to the community that’s been *so* helpful and contributive to the defender cause. You know, when I was first starting up the UDL, people were particularly critical of my choice to include roleplayers into our staff, but it always seemed like the natural thing to do: they were always online and many of them were very nice. I’m really glad I kept with it – nowadays our roleplayers are some of the most distinguished and experienced members and the UDL enjoys a multicultural element that I don’t think exists in many other organizations in NationStates. I will circulate the dates and links for the Tournament when they’re up shortly; nonetheless, the Tournament is open to all!

In other news, as was explained earlier, at the end of the month will we be handing out awards to our merrymen and merrywoman. These awards are our organization’s monthly awards in the same manner as other defender organizations do. Details on the awards can be found here. Also, if you’re interested, Nullarni has written an interesting essay on our oath and has brought up some very interesting observations.

Our Movie-Night will take place on...the one... the only… APRIL FOOLS DAY: NationStates’s consistently funniest day of the year. No word on if any shenanigans will be played on people.

Your Moment of Zen is in two parts,

First, on a particularly boring night, Goober spotted something!

<@Goobergunch> Seconds ago: The Guiding Light of Francos Spain replaced the Supreme Bunnyness of Krulltopia as regional delegate.
<@Mahaj> WUT

And then from a discussion on Francos Spain, the conversation quickly deteriorated,

<+Astro> Like replacing every seventh word with "penis"?
<+Wied> The seventh word in that sentence is penis...
<+Astro> Oh, I didn't even notice. rofl.
<@Eluvatar> lol
<@Mahaj> lol
<@Goobergunch> I prefer replacing every word over five letters with "penis"
<@Mahaj> why, so only raiders will be saying things other than 'penis' ?
<@Goobergunch> It forces people to compose statements with brevity
<+Astro> You just wrote "It penis penis to penis penis with penis."
<+Astro> We are so puerile. I mean penis.

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Hmm, seeing the deconstruction of the oath... I'm in clear violation of it. I have not renounced my past wrongs (and I'm not planning to, nor am I going to make public to anyone what this wrong is). Feel free to kick me out :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:23 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:Hmm, seeing the deconstruction of the oath... I'm in clear violation of it. I have not renounced my past wrongs (and I'm not planning to, nor am I going to make public to anyone what this wrong is). Feel free to kick me out :p

RAAARRRRH *kicks*. :P

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Unibot II wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:Hmm, seeing the deconstruction of the oath... I'm in clear violation of it. I have not renounced my past wrongs (and I'm not planning to, nor am I going to make public to anyone what this wrong is). Feel free to kick me out :p

RAAARRRRH *kicks*. :P

I'm actually serious, but okay :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Glad to see my penis posted all over the forum. ;)
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Forgot we had a thread.

So... any thing for me to do? Like, sample ice cream or something?
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Stay out of Kingdom of Ireland, raiders. It's on our team. -_-

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Stay out of Kingdom of Ireland, raiders. It's on our team. -_-

Raider Unity at its finest?
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Stay out of Kingdom of Ireland, raiders. It's on our team. -_-

Are you a raider today?
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Forgot we had a thread.

So... any thing for me to do? Like, sample ice cream or something?

Yes. We want you to pick which one best describes Unibot so we can send it in to the Ben & Jerry's contest.
Campinia wrote:

Raider Unity at its finest?

Indeed!
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

North Wiedna wrote:
Campinia wrote:Raider Unity at its finest?

Indeed!

Can't hear you over the sound of Portugal.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:Indeed!

Can't hear you over the sound of Portugal.

It's Sanc's fault.

Yep.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:00 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Can't hear you over the sound of Portugal.

It's Sanc's fault.

Yep.

How is it my fault? The UDL are still going to try to lib it. Probably.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay