NATION

PASSWORD

One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find him

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Fr33domland wrote:lol down with Ron Paul tyranny.

You'd make great youtube satire for the Paul campaign, you know.

Tyranny.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Death Metal wrote:

Well, when you're anti-civil rights, anti-privacy, supporting executive privilege to assassinate civilians, anti-judicial review, pro-corrupt government, and supporting religious tests of office... like Ron Paul does?

Yeah, that's a tyrant.
:rofl:

Conspiracy theorists sure are getting nuttier.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Revolutopia wrote:

You know you have never posted one factual or concrete reason anyone should support Prospector Paul.

I love alliteration as much as the next guy, but Golden Dictator has a nicer ring to it.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Death Metal wrote:
Well, when you're anti-civil rights, anti-privacy, supporting executive privilege to assassinate civilians, anti-judicial review, pro-corrupt government, and supporting religious tests of office... like Ron Paul does?

Yeah, that's a tyrant.

Post a rebuttal that is more then conspiracy theory.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Revolutopia wrote:

You know you have never posted one factual or concrete reason anyone should support Prospector Paul.
I've never tried to. I'm not campaigning.

BUT, I happen to like the man, and when I see people badmouthing him and making the most ridiculous accusations it's hard to help not making a sound.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

BUT, I happen to like the man, and when I see people badmouthing him and making the most ridiculous accusations it's hard to help not making a sound.

If you are not gonna debate and only have a fit when people criticize his policy and actions, please stay out as it is just annoying.
Last edited by Revolutopia on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Who is Tom Joad?

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

Then make your sound of protest (relatively) meaningful and attempt to convince us as to why your interpretation of Paul's beliefs and opinions is correct. Merely stating your opinion is definitive is utterly useless.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Yeah, that's a tyrant.

Well, you can read Wikki's link...

But let's see... anti-civil rights, he's spoken against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and has been for DOMA and the Marraige Defense Act...

Anti-privacy, he's anti Roe v Wade, and he's spoken against homosexuality to the point where he has said gay sex should be illegal due to sodomy laws, saying that privacy is not in the Consitution (which it is)...

Assassinating civilians, he voted for the AUMF of 2001, which allows for exactly that (while hypocritically condemning the NDAA 2011, which does not allow for assassination and in fact limits the powers in the AUMF.

Anti-Judicial review, We The People Act, designed to keep the SCOTUS from ruling on state cases period, and allows for congress to overturn SCOTUS rulings on federal matters...

Pro-Corrupt government, he holds states powers to be sacrosanct even over personal liberties, and state governments are usually even more corrupt than the federal government as there is less transparency and media attention.

And supporting religious tests of office... yeah, he does.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Stovokor
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovokor » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Fr33domland wrote: Wtf is so good about dictatorship?

Why don't you tell me, you're the one supporting the dictator.

Actually on a surprising note there's a very lengthy Japanese animation I can direct you to.

It's called "Legends of Galactic Heroes" And it tackles this very issue. It doesn't seem to pick an apparent side per se but it does give you something to think about. However then again anyone's counter argument to anything brought up within that shoe is "I'd rather have a 1000 bickering corrupt representatives than 1 tyrant any day of the week."
If i'm responding to you directly, it is generally safe to disregard everything that was said and assume i'm calling you a twit.
I Roleplay as such my nation is not a representation of my political, economic, and spiritual beliefs.

Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

So am I being ignored or something?

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Stovokor wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Actually on a surprising note there's a very lengthy Japanese animation I can direct you to.

It's called "Legends of Galactic Heroes" And it tackles this very issue. It doesn't seem to pick an apparent side per se but it does give you something to think about. However then again anyone's counter argument to anything brought up within that shoe is "I'd rather have a 1000 bickering corrupt representatives than 1 tyrant any day of the week."

Well, I can see dictatorships working in very small countries (like, Luxemborg small) but you're burying the lead here; I'm pointing out that I am decrying the most authoritarian candidate by far, and questioning why he is supporting him if he thinks dictatorship is such a bad thing.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Stovokor wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Wasn't there also a Gundam series with a similar theme, and no real good guys?

Xenohumanity wrote:

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Fr33domland wrote:I've never tried to. I'm not campaigning.

If you are not gonna debate and only have a fit when people criticize his policy and actions, please stay out as it is just annoying.
Who's debating?

I hear lots of whining about how bad and evil Ron Paul is. The odd claim here or there about how "his policies are bad", ofc, without going into detail.

No real intellectual discussion to be found, even despite the fact I'm not looking for it, just some legit criticism.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:
Who's debating?

I hear lots of whining about how bad and evil Ron Paul is. The odd claim here or there about how "his policies are bad", ofc, without going into detail.

No real intellectual discussion to be found, even despite the fact I'm not looking for it, just some legit criticism.

Um, we have been going into detail here. You're just going "nuh-uh" without providing any sort of actual counter-claim. Again, see Wiki's link. Or don't as it's probably just stuff you've already "nuh-uh"ed.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:
Who's debating?

This thread is full of countless posts of people pointing out what is wrong about his political and personal views, you have only declared them all conspiracy theories in one grand unified conspiracy theory.

Who is Tom Joad?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Fr33domland wrote:Who's debating?

This thread is full of countless posts of people pointing out what is wrong about his political and personal views, you have only declared them all conspiracy theories in one grand unified conspiracy theory.

One that even Ron Paul himself is part of apparently, as here is A video of Ron Paul saying that the Confederacy was right to secede from the union to protect slaveowners.

How much more anti-civil rights can you get when you claim state "rights" (and states don't have rights in the Constitution, btw) is more important than freeing slaves? Not very.

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Fr33domland wrote:Who's debating?

Yes. Claims. Claims after claims.

Taking part in the media witch hunt about "the newsletters", seems to be the main stronghold of the anti-paul trolls.

I mean, please. Honest discussion is surely worth more than that?

You will never find Ron Paul making any such statements as found in the newsletters. Ever. There are hours upon hours of Ron Paul on youtube and you will never hear him making discriminatory comments, EVER.

There is no evidence to support the idea that he is some secret closet racist that spends so much time talking to the media about his ideas(btw, im not one of the "the media is ignoring ron paul" paulbots.) but has some secret hidden agenda that only our enlightened liberal statists happen to know about.

Hence, I logically conclude such baseless accusations as conspiracy theories and rightfully so.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Fr33domland wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:
Yes. Claims. Claims after claims.

Taking part in the media witch hunt about "the newsletters", seems to be the main stronghold of the anti-paul trolls.

You will never find Ron Paul making any such statements as found in the newsletters. Ever. There are hours upon hours of Ron Paul on youtube and you will never hear him making discriminatory comments, EVER.

There is no evidence to support the idea that he is some secret closet racist that spends so much time talking to the media about his ideas(btw, im not one of the "the media is ignoring ron paul" paulbots.) but has some secret hidden agenda that only our enlightened liberal statists happen to know about.

Hence, I logically conclude such baseless accusations as conspiracy theories and rightfully so.

If he would never make such statements, why did he let them be printed in his name, in his paper?

Xenohumanity wrote:

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Fr33domland wrote:Yes. Claims. Claims after claims.

If he would never make such statements, why did he let them be printed in his name, in his paper?

And with him quoting the statements?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:If he would never make such statements, why did he let them be printed in his name, in his paper?

And with him quoting the statements?

When did he do that? I wasn't aware he went that far.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Fr33domland wrote:You will never find Ron Paul making any such statements as found in the newsletters. Ever.

Dallas Morning News, May 22 1996.
Last edited by Death Metal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:If he would never make such statements, why did he let them be printed in his name, in his paper?
Fair question. I happen to believe him when he says he was practising medicine at the time and didn't bother with it. He seems to be a trusting person. That's my opinion. Whether you believe him or not about is up to you, and is your opinion.

Still, 40 years of speeches and video interviews is on my side, so if you want to attack my trusting of him about this single thing, you'll need a bit more evidence to convince me.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Fr33domland wrote:You will never find Ron Paul making any such statements as found in the newsletters. Ever.

Dallas Morning News, May 22 1996.

What's with the messed up punctuation and random exclamation marks?

Xenohumanity wrote:

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:

What's with the messed up punctuation and random exclamation marks?

Probably a typo on the transcriber's part. Google is not working for me at the moment so I'm having problems getting it directly from the source.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Here's the Houston Chronicle, May 23, 1996. Here he is quoted as saying earlier in the week, "I'm not racist, but these stats say I'm right". So he definitely publicly acknowledged and defended them.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General