NATION

PASSWORD

Your Cookish Saviors...[Xanadou only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Ambassador Crove smiled pleasantly. "Just out of curiosity, where does the Quendisphere intend to port these vessels, or do you intend to establish a supply line from your territories here to Liberia? Because I have to say," he glanced at the new President-by-Succession--"I am sure that President Touchstone will find this remarkable when I report it to him. Your predecessor had a tendency to establish military and trade agreements without reference to your countrymen and without reference to previously established ties." He continued to look benevolently at the young girl before him.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 pm

To: The Quendi
Subject: [RE] Payment
Encryption: None

We are astounded at your implication of war over a petty matter as this. We only ask for compensation of the hardworking men and women whom loaded the deconstructed craft of your nation into various trucks, carting it off to various parts of the nation. In fact, if your diplomats had announced themselves as such, perhaps this would have unfolded with less drama. Remember, that your diplomats included a 12 year old girl, if a nation is as barbaric as ours in your eyes why you would send a child to said nation sickens us. Finally, but most importantly, we held express rights to destroy the airplane with all aboard as it flew into our airspace unannounced and furthermore evaded our interceptors. You all may assume the higher military power, but do not assume to have any moralistic power. May God have mercy on you and also on us for tolerating your demeaning and self important culture.
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:26 am

Liberia
    Meeting of the Boakaii Cabinet and Foreign Delegates
    The Liberian Capital City of Monrovia, Liberia

Amarië paused briefly not sure how to respond to the statement of the edomitte ambassador, what was directed at her own state and what was directed at Boakaii that the ambassador looked over at? While that was certainly a matter of debate Amarië was not under the impression that her state, with its love for adding the phrase "The People and Senate of the Quendi" at any given chance in its various pompous declarations, established agreements without reference to its countrymen, or previous agreements for that matter.

But if the statement was directed at Boakaii then something was going on that Amarië did not know of. Her age feelt increasingly as a problem to the young princess. "Well at present Battle Carrier Squadron XIV has been deployed for only slightly more then a month so the issue of supplies will not be relevant any time soon. As an agreement between his imperial highness the Count of Imlad Narog and her majesty queen Arianna has furthermore resolved the issue of finding a port for the Battle Carrier Squadron, which as I understand it has some difficulties with a rudder on the MIS Scatha, as it will be docking at Dressanna, which fortunately it can now do legally as Aman will naturally follow liberian lead in regards to recognition of this territory. As for any future bases for an increased amanitte military presence in the region I can say no more then that two locations, neither liberian, is currently being considered. Given the fact that forces in Xanadou will be dispatched on a rotating basis it may however not be neccesary to have a base at all." Amarië replied.

Then, still unsure about what she was to read into the ambassadors dubious statement, she added. "Was that a satisfactory answer mesire ambassador?"

You never mentioned anything about destroying the plane. I never assumed that possibility which was why I RP'ed the envoyage continuing to Monrovia aboard it. If it is very important to you to have destroyed the plane that can be arranged but in that case I will have to go back and retcon Alys's letter as it will be a quite different one in case the plane was taken and destroyed.

Last edited by Of the Quendi on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 pm

OOC:We pretty much just seized the plane, took it apart, and studied its supersonicyness and stealth capabilities. Now, we're going to use that technology in our planes (Unless you designed any concepts on your own in which case whether or not I do that is up to you)

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:30 pm

What a bunch of crap thought Admiral Shalmaneser. Ambassador Crove said, "Your carrier is having rudder trouble, hm? That's most unfortunate. I'm sorry as well that it slipped your mind to mention it before, but it's very difficult to remember everything when you are so new to diplomacy, of course. It doesn't explain why the sheer number of vessels have to be around though. Surely you could disperse say half of it to patrolling your own waters and still maintain enough security for so valuable a ship."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 am

Liberia

Amarië shrugged. It would appear that the edomittes was very bent on not seeing an increased military presence in the region. Given the fact that such a presence was the firm policy of the centralized government, regardless of what happened in Liberia or not, that was unfortunate, but Amarië was not authorized to give as much as an inch on the matter. Amanitte forces would patrol the western parts of Xanadou and only military force could change that fact.

"We could." Amarië said with a nod, deciding on total honesty as the best course of action. "But we wont. We are quite contend having forces in Western Xanadou and will not move them out. Especially given the fact that war between the Cookish and Aman must now be considered a very likely possibility, something I hope to discuss further with all of you. Suffice to say that at the time being our forces are going nowhere. If the shrailleeni and liberians do not wish us in their national waters naturally we will leave out of respect for the sovereignity of Liberia and Dressanna. But no forces will be moved out of the western Xanadou region before the People and Senate deems it to be safe to do so without hurting amanitte business, diplomatic and military interests." The princess made a gesture to suggest that this was not something that pleased her before adding. "On this matter I am afraid I am afraid my hands are tied. In fact I shouldn't even be discussing it, although out of respect of our liberian hosts, and the esteemed nation's whose company I find myself in, I will concede to at least assure you all that this is not a military move against any of your states. Our interests in Liberia are, now that democracy will be restored, purely economical and humanitarian, in fact I hope to discuss the prospect of closer economic ties between Liberia and Aman at a later stage of these negotiations. This mobilization in western Xanadou should as such not be construed as a threat."

With a slight smirk the princess decided to deliver a last line, one that would have pleased her mentor. "If they where we would have brought more troops."

Okay. I edited Alys's original reply to fit that situation. I think I managed to outdo even her arguement in your airport with imperial swagger and superiority. I always thought that Aleera was my number one basher but I think I will give Alys that title in the future. :p

Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 am

The two New Edomite senior officers were both very irritated by this. Admiral Shalmaneser saw this sending of an adolescent to the negotiations as a gesture of contempt on the part of the Quendi. General Romain was appalled by the arrogance. Crove however was a career negotiator and remained cool about it all. "You certainly don't need the vast forces you are arraying to support Liberian democracy though, do you? After all New Edom already has forces here by invitation. So you can say reduce your naval assets in this area by half. That would very much put President Touchstone's mind at ease on this subject. As for Cookish States--their recent actions hardly demonstrate them as a great menace."

US Liberia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby US Liberia » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:11 am

Washington laughed out loud. 'You. My dear princess are a delight, God help us all when you get older and more seasoned. For the moment we in Liberia have no problem with you in our waters, I believe the Quendi have our interests at heart. You'll have to forgive us our suspicions though highness, sometimes they are so ingrained that we find it hard to let go of them'.

'New Edom has long been a friend to Liberia, they will always be here, if not for them this country would not exist, they are naturally concerned for us. the Cookish have at least shown us all that that concern is not unfounded. For the time being we are happy to have the added security our friends bring and I am sure as they did before, when the time is right the troops will leave'.

'It would be unfortunate if during our time together, your three great nations, New Edom, Quendi and Shrailleeni did not come to some sort of compact between you. A wasted opportunity for the security of this part of Xanadou. Imagine what could be achieved through such a friendship.' You have so much to offer each other in trade and culture.'
Factbook for US Liberia
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=126633

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 am

Crove was quiet, adjusted his lapels and said nothing as the new Liberian President spoke. Later on when the admiral and general were grousing about he would say, "What did you expect him to say? Go ahead and fight in my territorial waters?" However at the time he said little beyond, "As you say, Mr. President. I would like to make a recommendation about the Quendi force in the area. It is large, and is going to require a great deal of replenishment. I believe that reducing their force is vital. Your economy is still troubled; I believe that for them to establish a base in the area will mean that they're not going to leave any time in the near future because of how much they will have invested in operations here. So I'm afraid that for this reason the Allied States insists that if they are to remain in the area they must reduce their forces by half. Otherwise..." he glanced at the Princess. "We will frankly call a KADO meeting as well as a meeting of our other allies and if not able to sway them by diplomatic pressure drive them out by force if necessary. Let them prove their good intentions by reducing their forces in the area. It's not like their colony isn't within reasonable steaming range anyway."

US Liberia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby US Liberia » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 pm

'I think we are misunderstanding what is being said by the princess. The Quendi simply mean to patrol the seas of Western Xanadou. I hardly think they wish to patrol our territorial waters with such a massive armada, its simply inconceivable, imagine the cost for such an exercise. It would be a criminal waste of resources. Like every nation in Xanadou they simply wish a naval presence. Granted it is massive, I can see your concerns with that Mr Crove. Perhaps the princess could shed some light on that, without of course letting slip any state secrets. Is the fleet the greater part of what is the entirety of the Quendi navy in Xanadou, a force that came together for our emergency but will be broken up into smaller units for the patrols?'
The president silently prayed he was right, he was a peaceful man by nature and abhorred war a lot of nations saw it as an honourable excercise full of glory, he saw it as a waste of life and man at his most brutal and cruel.
Factbook for US Liberia

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Queen Arianna did not like the direction that the talks were taking. The usual Shrailleeni diplomatic strategy did not apply here, and she feared that if things continued along these lines that she would be forced to pick a side in these talks. Or, at the very least, support New Edom more specifically than the Quendi. The main question was whether or not KADO was strong enough to physically repulse the Quendi from Xanadou. If they could, the Empire would support them. But if the Quendi were strong enough to hold their own, supporting the wrong side could bring their wrath down upon the Shrailleeni. She didn't like the idea of a large Quendi patrol in Xanadou any more than the Edomites did, but she was (irritatingly) as accustomed as any Shrailleeni to feeling outclassed. Of course, she couldn't allow the Empire to appear weak either. It was a sensitive situation, but she had to confront it.

"Yes, perhaps clarification is necessary at this time. Are we speaking of Liberian or International waters? If it is the latter, the Empire does not see it necessary for any restrictions on Quendi fleet levels, granting that they continue to act unaggressively. As for the former, regardless of Quendi intent Dressanna would be hard-pressed to honor Quendi ships for any great length of time, at present we estimate that your fleet will utterly dominate our docks. Not to mention that the waters around the northern coast of Liberia are...difficult. We will be actively leveling the seabed to remedy the situation, but for now there may be difficulties in allowing continuous Quendi docking."

She smiled warmly at the young princess, allowing her maternal instincts to give way through her Imperial facade.

"Of course we are honored to accommodate you as much as we can, but those are the facts of the situation. And, of course, certain obligations would keep us from providing Dressanna in the unlikely event of Quendi aggression in Xanadou. But all of this only regards the Liberian coast. The Empire sees no threat in Quendi ships operating well within international waters."
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:05 am

Liberia

"That would depend on your definition of menace ambassador." Amarië said with a shrug. "They arrested two imperial princes, and while I may be a bit biased by the fact that I was one of them, that is a matter the Imperial House of Alcedina takes quite seriously. Furthermore the plane they stole is one which Aman have no right to allow other states to take. While we will engage in conversations with the company from which we bought the plane to try to remedy the situation towards it, Aman will not tolerate the cookish to embarass it internationally."

Smiling to Boakaii, who she found more and more charming even if she knew she could be subject to attempts of flattery, Amarië nodded politely. "You are in luck your excellency. I will be leaving the Foreign Service after my marriage." She said making the closest thing to a joke she had ever said in the presence of non relatives. "The thought of having this meeting concluded with anything but cordial relations between our respective states is something that I too would find most disappointing. My government sees the fall of general Aburman, the retreat of the cookish and renewed international concern for Liberia to be a crucial opportunity to establish peace and order in your country, and western Xanadou."

Speaking of peace and order Amarië found herself slightly appalled by her thoughts as Crove mentioned the possibility of war. Her intial thoughts was how good it was that the edomitte ambassador mentioned the opportunity before she did. Amarië, while a peace loving nature, was already planning to frame a potential war as being one in which her state was the good and defensive actor. As she, for a brief moment, gave Crove a cold stare her mind was spinning into thoughts of alliances and ressources, troops and propaganda. Belfras and Holy Marsh where states she had reason to believe could be convinced to support Aman in a conflict in Xanadou. Previously ties had been good between them and Aman. Ganosia, the sole Xanadou state with which Aman actively engaged in diplomacy on a regular basis, could perhaps be convinced to support Aman as well if the war could be framed as a defensive one. Then there where the allies outside of Xanadou, far away but powerful if they could arrive in time.

As for KADO the princess feared not the alliance. Zanborian, Siddal and Vir Sidus all had meager sizes in common. New Edom and Riemaia was another matter, yet still she trusted in the capacity of her state to hold its own against them. But then there where Lamoni. A state that commanded more military power then the entire rest of KADO. There was a state against which every single Imperial Legion would make no difference. Lamoni was invincible. But the state had never been an enemy of Aman. In fact Aman had found itself on the side of Lamoni in wars before, and the close relations between Lyras, a state Amarië deemed friendly, with Lamoni could perhaps indicate that the state would oppose KADO action against her people. It was a chance she was willing to take. It was a chance she had to take given the adamant attitude of the People and Senate on the matter of forces in Western Xanadou.

"I am sorry your state feels this way mesire ambassador." Amarië replied politely with yet another shrug. "Concerning the impact of a quendi battle carrier squadron on the liberian economy I would however like to point out that a harboring battle carrier squadron presents a serious advantage to the economy of whatever port hosting it. The excess energy production from the nuclear reactors alone will produce enough energy to supply a middle sized third world country. The presence of 30,000 quendi troops payed approximately 140,000 USD a year each will also generate approximately a hundred million USD in daily taxable income for the liberian state, assuming that there are things for the troops to buy. Finally when not at sea the Admirality tends to deploy its troops as construction workers. Entire liberian cities can be constructed with not a single USD spent by the liberian government to that end. The potential benefits to a weak economy of having quendi forces stationed are enormous."Amarië fetched a paper from one of her aides which detailed all the benefits of a quendi military presence. it was an often used arguement by Aman towards those of its semi autonomous regions that displayed opposition to having large amounts of amanitte soldiers stationed. But while the arguement was overused it rang no less true. The amanitte city of Rómenna had been built around the massive amount of money the Admirality and close to a million naval troops grossed for it.

"As for the size of the force I must admit I don't see why a single battle carrier squadron should inspire such hostility?" Amarië added. "We are talking about a tiny force of sixteen military ships, they don't even constitute an Imperial Themate of their own right but sort under the Themate of the Laicatolli, the only quendi themate in all of Xanadou, a region more then twice the size of Aman itself. Its not like we have moved an actual war fleet into Xanadou. One single battle carrier squadron without any guided missile squadrons or the more offensive amphibious assault squadrons. In fact I imagine that navarch Calimiri is less then delighted by patrolling all of the western Xanadou region with so few ships." Amarië, who privately found a battle carrier squadron to be one of the most awe inspiring sights imaginable, said trying, with anything but subtlety, to remind the ambassador of the size of the quendi navy, a force that was rapidly nearing its one hundredth battle carrier squadron in service.

Turning to Boakaii again Amarië said a silent prayer that the ambassador would not stress his intents to involve the KADO. Truth betold she didn't know what allies her state could count on, and even if Lamoni was not hostile to Aman it was not neccesarily the same as suggesting that it was willing to talk against a decision in the KADO to go to war against Aman. "But of course not. That would be an intolerable embarasment and disrespect to pay to a free, independent and sovereign Liberia." Amarië said. "Neither the Liberian territorial waters, the liberian EEZ or the liberian aerospace will be violated by our troops. While it is the hope of the Admirality to establish some sort of base in Western Xanadou, a base that, as I mentioned, may not be liberian, it will not patrol sovereign states waters without prior permission. In truth I must admit that I am quite offended at the notion that my state would undertake such a barbaric action." The princess stated unaware of the relaxed attitude of the occassional amanitte stealth submarine towards foreign countries EEZ's. Pausing for a moment the princess contemplated the thought of dividing the Battle Carrier Squadron into smaller groups. It would certainly be a rather unconventional decision more befitting a themate then an individual force but if that somehow put the edomittes at ease perhaps she had some wriggle room there. "To be honest the thought of splitting up a battle carrier squadron seems a tad odd to me." She admitted. "The People and Senate would most likely not wish to do so as, and I understand that perhaps there is a difference of oppinion between us, the thought of four carriers with escorts sailing around would seem more agressive then a coherent force of four carriers, four cruisers and eight destroyers. Splitting up the force would require the establishment of a theater command center which is something Aman doesn't really do outside warzones where large forces are deployed for war. If this would truelly appeal more to your respective states then I am sure something can be worked out. As for the size of the amanitte naval forces in Xanadou they are currrently administered by the Themate of the Laicatolli which commands one imperial legion, a local militia, three battle carrier squadrons, two guided missile squadrons, several submarine mixed operations groups and four aviation divisions. The majority of these forces are however purely intended as the defense forces of the Laicatolli which is also why they have been equiped with few offensive capacities such as amphibious assault squadrons, ballistic missiles, or strategic bombers of any considerable number."

Turning to the queen Amarië smiled. "Well we are glad that the Shrailleeni intends to level the seabed of Dressanna. Had you not we would have suggested it ourselves. As for our ships they will be removed in due time. Until then they will naturally assist their hosts in establishing the base should you so desire it." She said suppressing an urge to make a sarcastic remark on the fact that the shrailleeni would not object to amanitte ships sailing in international waters. The fact that that even had to be said by anyone at present at the meeting was frankly insulting. "As for any amanitte agression in Liberia I assure you, it is not unlikely. It is unthinkable. Since the founding of the Popular Empire Aman has never waged a war of agression, nor will it ever. It is forbidden by dozens of popular decree's." Amarië said, and it was true. Depending of course on the definition of a war of agression that was.

Turning to Boakaii again the young girl asked. "Would it be possible to get something to drink?" Feeling rather thirsty after her long speech.

Nation RP name

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 am

Bump?
Nation RP name

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Ambassador Crove sighed inwardly. This meeting was, in a way, a disaster. The Shrailleeni were intelligent people but their only hope, as they saw it, was to maintain independence by being as neutral as possible. Good luck with that,, he thought, not without some respect and sympathy. The Liberians were dancing on a fence, and the Quendi were exasperating him. There seemed to be a dozen different stories about why they were there, but none of them were satisfactory. "There isn't even any Quendi territory on this side of the continent," he pointed out. "So I'm afraid I'm going to have to advise the President to call a meeting of KADO immediately to deal with this. Perhaps with someone...senior." he said glancing at the Princess, with a polite bow. "Mr. President...ladies and gentlemen, please excuse my abrupt departure." With that, he turned to go along with the two officers with him.

US Liberia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby US Liberia » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 am

The president was about to call for a short break, the princess had asked for a drink so it seemed appropriate. He was totally surprised by Mr Croves abrupt departure. To him Crove didn't seem to be the right choice for an ambassador, he was too military minded. The president looked to Mr Washington. Who shrugged. Perhaps this is a good time to take a break, Ambassador Crove, at least stay for refreshments. Please it does you no justice to depart like this,we are in the earliest stages of our talks, everyone now knows what they want, now we must talk of compromises and such. I beg of you your excellency stay.
Factbook for US Liberia

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am

Liberia

If Boakaii was surprised by the decision made by the edomitte ambassador to walk out from the negotiations it was nothing compared to the plethora of emotions, ranging from astonishment, to shock, to fear, to resolve, that Amarië feelt at the sudden, and most unexpected decision by the edomittes. In the meetings of the low priority Foreign Relations Council for Liberia none of the experts, politicians or military leaders had ever once raised the issue of a possible war with New Edom or the KADO. Had it been so the People and Senate, or the High Representative as the person responsible for the amanitte involvement in Liberia, would certainly have dispatched different representation. It had been the anticipation of the High Representative that what was to be decided at the meeting was a gentlemen's agreement focusing more on consensus then compromise, and more on compromise then confrontation. Facing quite the opposite situation Amarië could not but agree with Crove that a different ambassador would have been more fitting.

The young princess, adverse to confrontation as she was by personal inclination, had half a mind to concede to the edomitte demands, driven by her own inexperience, naïvity and pacifist nature. Yet the part of her that had been steadily nurtured through the years, in the Palace of Schoolastic Excellence, held her back. The KADO was not a particularly strong organization. With the lamonian membership in question only Ossurwald and New Edom itself had power to match that of Aman. The chances of the KADO truelly agreeing with the edomittes on the issue and starting an offensive war on vessels in international water and in bases where they where allowed seemed highly unlikely. Perhaps the edomittes was bluffing? Perhaps they where trying to test a young and inexperienced foreign delegate? Amarië choose to believe so. But regardless, she was not authorized to dishonor the People and Senate by caving to the demand of a bellicistical state refusing Aman its right to patrol international waters at its own discreetion.

"Mesire ambassador." Amarië said as politely and diplomatically as she could. "I must agree with president Boakaii, surely we can take the time to debate this issue thoroughly after a small recess." The princess said, her mind tumbling with the specter of a war that was not in Aman's interest and ought to be avoided at all costs.
Nation RP name

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Crove turned and looked at the Princess. He didn't seem angry or upset, but had an air of quiet intensity about him. "If your Highness would like to discuss the matter, then that is something else...perhaps I misunderstood. What I had thought you had said was that your military presence near these waters was something that could not be questioned. A short recess and further discussion would be welcome then." he smiled warmly at all concerned.

General Romain couldn't help but wonder what in the world was going on--was this action on the part of the Quendi a gesture of contempt, was it customary, or was it merely that royalty really had so much power in their culture? It was unusual, but she decided to trust that the Ambassador knew what he was doing.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 am

Liberia

Had she not been so unnerved by the prospect of war Amarië would most likely have gotten angry at the ambassador. His insistence that the Imperial Quendi Navy should withdraw from international waters which it had as much a right to patrol as anyother state was insulting to the honor and dignity of Aman. Truth betold Amarië herself feelt inclined to walk out of the meeting had it not been for the fact that she still had things she wished to discuss with the new liberian government.

About the battle carrier squadron it wasn't entirely true that Amarië could not recall it. With Alys gone shopping Amarië did command all Imperial Quendi Troops in Xanadou and could command Calimiri to leave. But with no concessions granted her, the princess could not bring herself to do so and face her Elders at home. "The right, mesire ambassador, of the Imperial Quendi Navy to patrol international waters is indeed something that can not legally be questioned." Amarië said, not sounding alltogether politely anymore. "If you are intent on leaving this meeting should I not concede that International Law, in this case perhaps best examplified by General Assembly Resolution 168, should not apply to my state then I must admit it would appear you should walk out ambassador. Aman is a sovereign state and will not waive the rights it as such is granted." The princess continued. "But if you wish for a peaceful and mutually satisfactory solution to this issue then I would advice you to stay."

Nation RP name

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 am

Ambassador Crove said, "So you see! No compromise!" he shook his head. "This is outrageous. International waters, my foot! You know perfectly well, or you should if you have the experience, that international waters is a vague claim indeed. As for the World Assembly, New Edom has nothing to do with them, nor they with us. Let me make something clear to you, Princess. This country recently had a coup d'etat and then the Cookish annexed it. I've already explained this--it is like talking to a brick wall. No one, damn it, is asking you not to patrol international bloody waters! What we are asking is will you during negotiations withdraw your forces from THIS AREA." he wasn't genuinely angry but he was giving the impression that he was overboiling, and was secretly enjoying himself rather. "Is that something beyond your experience, Princess? Stepping back to reassure others? If not, then perhaps an ambassador of greater experience should be here to understand that the art of compromise involves a mutually satisfactory solution. Now unless you are prepared to understand this, I have nothing further to say. You are convincing me that you intend to maintain a strong force right next to Liberia. If you are patrolling international waters then good! Patrol them! Get your forces out of here for the time being! I did offer a compromise--suggesting that you split them up! Where is your compromise, Princess? Does it lie in our abject acceptance of whatever the Quendisphere chooses to do? Because that will happen when it freezes in hell."

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 am

Liberia

Amarië, more then tired of the confrontational ambassador, resisted a temptation to roll her eyes at the tantrum of the man. Her own culture had always, in a failed attempt to suppress the fiery temperament of the quendi nation, stressed manners and politeness as the only proper way of communicating. Thus Amarië found it highly annoying to be yelled at. "Please mesire ambassador calm down. A man of your age must be cautious not to provoke a heart attack." She reiterated. The ambassador's referencing of her age was not something she found particularly nice either, mostly because she was inclined to agree with him.

"While of course any state that does not acknowledge international law must find the concept of international waters vague they have been quite clearly defined, and should the liberian concept of what constitutes its national water be any different from the one used by the Shrailleeni or Cookish my state is more then willing to take that into consideration. At present this is of course not relevant as the liberian government have not requested the withdrawal of amanitte forces from Western Xanadou, a region we have every intention of remaining in as long as it serves our national interests." The princess continued finding it difficult to keep her oppinion of the outrageous demands made by the ambassador out of her tone of voice.

"You speak of a mutually satisfactory agreement and a compromise ambassador? What exactly may I ask is the mutually satisfactory in my state crippling its military capacities in Western Xanadou due to irrational fears from your government? Where is the compromise in demanding that Amanitte forces pull out or reorganize in a manner not favorable to Aman while offering nothing in return? If you can highlight any manner in which that would be satisfactory to Aman or a compromise with mutual concessions then I shall consider it. But so far what I have been meet with is a confrontational attitude and threats of war. Knew I not better I would be inclined to ask what exactly new edomitte troops in Liberia is going to do that doesn't allow the quendi troops that was send to liberate Liberia from the cookish in the near viccinity. Knew I not better I would suspect ulterior motives from your state ambassador." The princess continued now, for the first time, with a hint of passion in her otherwise calm voice.

Nation RP name

Belfras
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Belfras » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am

Sorry about the roughness of a location on Quendis forces. Wanted to try to make satellite reconnaisence a tad more realistic and not entirely certain where Quendis forces are, so correct me if I've placed them in an entirely wrong area. Also ticketting my "Two Hours ago" so that a friend of mines post will make more sense.

Two hours ago..
H.M.S Cadmer
Lanchev-B class
Belfrasian Regional Patrol duties,
Captain Eduard Jacobson OIC.
Int. waters, 872 miles from Liberian Coast,

"Warmer then back home." Eduard voiced to the sailor next to him, the open expanse of the ocean in all directions. It seemed like a good thing to say, but once it got back to his ears it seemed like a veiled complaint. "Report on water under keel?" he queried, "Beyond return range, Captain." was the answer. It was the crewmans first tour of duty, so the Captain figured he'd overlook the lack of information he was getting.

"Okay, head below and warm up." The sailor gave a curt salute and vanished down the ladder into the Submarine. Being a Submariner was interesting, 'specially aboard a Lanchev. After a sigh, the Captain went into the tub so that the watchmen can resume their duties. The tower of the submarine was full of electronics. From parts of the Advanced Combat System to Surveillance recorders for the Periscope units. A clever idea for the people at the drawing board, they wouldn't have to sit with that above their heads.

"XO," Eduard began, shaking the cold off his coat before hanging it up. "I'd like another depth reading and distance from Liberia." the CIC was alot larger then anyone would think from looking at the submarine, mainly thanks to not being forced to sit directly under the tower. Lines of consoles and personnel busily tapping gave it a lively theme, small sounds radiated from each console that were almost a varied as the people themselves. Eduard couldn't resist thinking of the crew briefing prior to departing Portsdown. The Cadmer sitting proudly while the crew were standing rank-and-file on the dock next to it.

"No return on depth reading, Captain. Flat across the board, deep waters." A better answer came from the same crewman who answered him on the tower, meriting a nod. "Currently 872 miles from Liberia, Captain." another crewman answered, being the voices of the gigantic mother of them all. If the Belfrasian Armed Forces had a soul, it was almost certainly in the vehicles that allowed it to defend its motherland. The Lanchev B was one of three variants of Lanchev, this one being the clandestine one designed to listen in on enemy communications or other things that, for the most part, require a sneaky bastard of a submarine and even sneakier submariners.

"Good. The recent update we recieved has ordered us to divert from our standard patrol and stand-off Liberia at five-hundred miles for communication and movement overwatch. Greens back home have taken notice of the situation and intend to throw their sixpence in. For the most part they seem convinced that the situation in Liberia will meltdown into a regional conflict, so they want us to watch naval movements ahead of anything they're planning to do." when one of the sailors asked the most obvious question, he had to laugh and answer "No, sailor. They did not tell me what they intend to do, only what they intend us to do. Plot a new course to arrive five hundred miles off the coast of Liberia, pray to your gods, we'll need the help. Chief of the watch; Standby to dive to periscope depth and begin boot-up of Advanced Combat Module and listening devices. Everyone aboardship is to keep a lid on it unless absolutely necessary. Carry on!" his order caused the calmed mass to erupt into a noise that seemed double its original craze. Outside the watchmen abandoned their eyes-on horizon search to begin checking seals on the antennae or putting equipment belowdecks. Submarines were marvelous technology, even if its origin is somewhat a mystery.

The only real way you knew the Submarine changed course was the wake bending left, toward Liberia. And even this wake eventually vanished as the Submarine dived under the waves.

The Kingdom of Belfras
Ministry of Defence,

The glamour of Isn Deslen had definitely ended at the doors. A large meeting room with no real signs of showing where or what time it was had been filled with generals, admirals and air marshals to do one thing; Listen.

"Regional surveillance satellites picked this up." A voice spoke over the quiet officers, a projector flicking to an image of a fleet moving. "Analysts managed to make out a Quendi flag, pretty sure the others have the same thing. Definately a large force, you can see that these two are Ark Royal class carriers. That might be a Mogami, in which case these other three are probably likewise. Obviously the next satellite we brought to the area found squat, the fleet had moved on and this photo was a one-in-a-million find. But we did find the fleet again; Near Liberia. You've all probably heard about how a Quendi princess had a scuffle in Cooke, and cookes involvement in some kind've coup d'état in Liberia. Doesn't take a genius to grab those strings and start playing dixie-tunes. We've already ordered a nearby submarine that was on patrol to the area to get us more information, but we need other options. If Quendi and Cooke vessels start throwing ordnance at eachother another nation will get involved, then another. You get the idea. The King has expressed desire for the southern legions to remain stationary in case the Ani nations take opportunity. I want a sitrep on available forces here and those deployed by the Administratum and Caledonian navies. In the event that this thing gets hot, I want Warfleet Trident on standby with the third legion under Legate Pixtian. Dismissed." The man gave a brief salute before walking back into his office, marked 'Adjunta Tungsten - Defence Minister'.

The game had most definitely begun.
Last edited by Belfras on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Demonym is Belfrasian, currency is Lira

Useful Daveia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Useful Daveia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Redirections.

External Security Analysis Centre,
Central, Administratum Heartland
Chief Intelligence Analyst Alan Dumorn.

“This is what we're getting from the Belf's.” Dumorn stated as he slid the fresh prints across the table to his team. Prime-time intelligence if they'd ever seen it, the image had been blown up and sliced across several sheets of B4-sized paper to allow inspection of the grainy little details which could just be the key to figuring out what it all was. “According to their initial inspection we're looking at a pair of Ark Royals – right off the Questerboards – and a group of similar-source Mogami's hugging them. That doesn't tell us what the rest of the fleet is packing though, but we've got a little helping hand here.”

Yet more papers were handed out, this time only a clipboard-sized supplement containing a swiftly delivered summary from one of the allied states produced by the Dystopian Skirmishes, a connection furthered by the work of the legendary Mike Hunt against a certain nation hated by all, and so a quiet request for information upon the state they'd worked alongside went through like a greased cat.

Quendi Naval Group Structure in the Dystopian Skirmishes

A Battle Carrier Group

1,462 Officers
13,315 Crew
9,932 Airwing
444 Marines

2 x Ark Royal Class Aircraft Supercarriers
2 x Aman Class Aircraft Fleetcarriers
4 x Mogami Class AA Escort Cruiser
8 x Erchamion Class Multirole Destroyers
1 x Archer Class Attack Submarine

156 x QU-9 Katana Advanced Air Supremacy Fighters
156 x LY908 'Warhawk' Strike Fighter/Interceptors
20 x AEW&C
32 x ASW Helicopters
36 x Helicopters

A Guided Missile Squadron

634 Officers
6,045 Crew
120 Airwing
60 Marines

1 x Hood Class Battlecruiser
12 x Xanthi Class Guided Missile Cruisers
6 x Mogami Class Escort AA Cruisers
1 x Archer Class Submarine

2 x Gunship Helicopters
6 x Small UAV's

A Amphibious Support Squadron

1,520 Officers
13,434 Crew
2,136 Airwing

1 x Valiant Class Heavy Battleship
12 x Battleaxe Class Gun Cruisers
20 x Kazatlan Class Amphibious Assault Ships

12 x Helicopter Gunships
600 x Medium Transport Helicopters
6 x ASW Helicopters

“Assuming this report is true,” cut in Suburn Vimes, one of his more naval orientated advisors, “then we're looking at what can only be a Battle Carrier Group, however...” Her hand shifted to the edge of one of the blow-ups, pointing to a vessel smaller than the majority of those within the satellites field of view as it passed. “...Does this look like an Erchie' to you?” With that, the naval advisor drew a series of flash-cards from her case, flicking through them until she reached a particular one and placed it down upon the table next to the image. “Mono-hull, looks like only a single deck-gun upfront rather than any doubles. That and she's far too slim to be an Erchamion-class vessel. Now, lemme see if I can fudge what she really is...” And so she slipped into her own little world of pictures against pictures, pixels against nicely illustrated details on her cards.

That left Dumorn to pick things back up on the larger scale, not that the little tangent hadn't been useful overall, but there was an entire group to extrapolate after all. “Now, assuming their force-structure hasn't changed too much since the skirmishes, there's another two carriers out there. Not necessarily as large, but still something to bear in mind.” Not that force structure would likely deviate as much in a major way with regards to shipping, the Quendi had shown what they would deploy to a full on war-zone, why would a little empire-building in Northern Xanadou go in with more arms?

“In terms of air-wing, we can assume the Quend's will likely deploy the same as they did to the Dyp's, it's not worth altering air-wings every time you deploy for us, and neither will it be for them I suspect. Should this be true, we're looking at carriers with a ridiculous over-abundance of strike-craft and air-superiority fighters. They seem to either believe in attrition, or putting up as many damn airframes as they can support to alpha-strike.” The Chief fuddled once again, this time bringing out a rather more up to date e-reader and standardised formation lists from the regional navy. “Going by our deployments, it's rare for us to carry anywhere near that many strike-craft in a single formation, instead fielding rather more balanced air-wings with regards to support-craft. Engaging this 'BCG' on a one-for-one 'their-terms' basis would require at least six carriers and complementary screening vessels. That is something I believe the RegNav will want to keep in mind when looking at a possible deterrence force.”

Dumorn had barely paused for breath when the NavAd slipped in with her own assessment, not even looking up from her recognition cards. “So, they're optimised for a power-projection and naval assault force without any concessions to long term support or defensive measures? That's a sign there, if ever there was one. Given how we're only seeing a single grouping-”

Vimes' was cut off from her opinion by the whop-whop-whop of another analyst waving his whiteboard about. “You're assuming that there's only a single-grouping,” Corrected Second-class James Stephenson. “and that the Quendi are the only operative force within the theatre worth dealing with. What about KADO? Just because they missed the satellite pass doesn't mean that they've got no assets down there. I'll concur with the single-grouping opinion for the moment, given how four carriers is a significant deployment by anyones standards, but I feel we shouldn't get so wrapped up in the Quendi that we miss KADO slipping in a Longsword group.”

“HUMINT hasn't seen any Longswords move north.” Muttered Vimes, flipping one of her recognition cards into the middle of the table. “Anyway, I'll bet you lot a marsh-muffin that those escorts are Advent-class. Fits into the general Questerian make-up we're seeing for their forces – did they just rip the rulebook from 'em or something? - and while there's a chance they could be Parish-class, I can't see the Quends paying extra when the force is fuel-restricted by the Mogamis anyway.”

“Alrighty, so we'll deal with it all one at a time, shall we?” Dumorn decided it was time to wrap things up, it'd been a short session, but the Belfs were already beginning to scrap their resources together and activate Trident, preliminary assets needed to be placed on the line first. “See if we can get the political soviets to nudge abit of info free from KADO, they might be happy with any reinforcement against the Quends, then we'll see about getting RegNav to authorise a small constellation pass if we've got the Dneprs to spare-”

SQUEAK-SQUEAK-SQUIGGLE-SQUEAK-WHOP.

Dumorn turned to find a whiteboard with a pair of roughly drawn devil-ears upon it positioned just behind his head, fortunately this wasn't the departmental photo opportunity... He sighed, then turned back to the handful of analysts sitting around the table. “Right, how about we actually get to work then?”

Administratum Political Communiqué

Administratum Strategic Council
To: President William Touchstone, Allied States of New Edom
Subject: The Liberian Situation
Classification: TRIDENT – Priority Two - Secure Communiqué

Dear Sir,

While I understand that official connections between our two countries might not have taken the utmost priority, it is clear that neither of our nations is aligned against the other in any serious manner beyond that of regional sporting events. With this in mind, I'm writing this to inquire with regards to the recent activities in Liberia, and although this might seem at first glance to be a surprisingly high level from which to work from, in a moment I believe you will understand just why I'm taking this approach.

The situation in Liberia as we have perceived, was originally simply a show of force by the Cookish to allow them not only the propagandistic advantage that comes with the gains in territory, but also additional resources both human and material. Other countries moved into positions to take advantage of this, and then it appears the Quendi decided to intervene themselves. As far as we can tell from the current situation, while they appear to have brought about the retreat of the Cookish, instead they're moving to make rather Imperialistic moves into Liberia themselves.

Although the Administratum did make moves to assist the Quendi in the Dystopian skirmishes, those actions were a retaliatory measure against a foe whose hostility to all was clear, whom had stooped to the most inhumane of levels. Here? We're looking at the attempts of a mostly extra-regional force to impart rather more of it's power into the region. I believe you will agree with me when I say that this is not a situation to be encouraged.

With the sparks beginning to fly between the Cookish and the Quendi, we're seeing the beginning of a localised flashpoint within the region, one which while limited, will likely draw in even more should ordnance be released by either side. This state of affairs cannot last, and it is thus that the Triumvirate has authorised action to be taken to try and not only defuse the situation, but attempt to stem the imperialistic desire of the Quendi within Xanadou.

To begin with, a regional patrol force currently rounding Gernonai has been re-directed to hold on-station once it reaches Liberia, and the area of operations estimated for the Quendi-forces. In addition to this, later this evening we will be launching a constellation of radar reconnaissance satellites in order to discern the exact nature of what we're facing. I am writing to you to propose a trading of intelligence with regards to this flashpoint. Where we can offer the services of our soon to be deployed satellites to aid in a stabilising response, we would with in return for rather more on-site information, considering the existence of a Edomite embassy within Liberia.

Given how this flashpoint might ignite should Cookish and Quendi forces engage, surely this might go better if we operate according to the same sheet of music. I hope you will take the time to consider this offer, and respond in turn.

Administratum Strategic Council
-Sir Aden Vickers, Prime Minister and Knight of the Heartlands

ANV 'Aletheia' – Achilles-class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier (CVN-069)
Primary flightdeck, Regional Patrol Crown, Triumvirate Regional Operations.
Operating roughly seven-hundred kilometres from Liberia, approaching from around Gernonai.

“Rear Admiral Meldrum wants what?” Commodore Anton Prior spluttered between coughing up his evening coffee, just what ignorant had sent a kekking Midshipman to carry up a red-slip? It was a bloody fortune he hadn't coated the damned thing in coffee with the way he was going, even an Ensign would've at least told him to put it down first, or waited until he'd swallowed his mouthful.

FR: REGNAVCOM
TO: REGPATCRWN
TOP SECRET
1: DEPLOY TO WITHIN OPERATIONAL DISTANCE OF LIBERIAN COAST.
2: ASSESS AND REPORT UPON LOCAL THREATCON/FLEETDIS
3: AWAIT FURTHER ORDERS, LOCAL SATCON IS IMMINENT.
4: SELF-DEFENCE IS PERMITTED.
5: RASGROUP WILL BE DEPLOYED ASAP.

Beneath the official orders printed upon the crimson piece of paper, the radio-operator had squiggled in a quick note from the patrol's commanding Admiral.

“I want sea-control and ELINT over forward pickets ASAP.”

Really? Standardised procedure called for such to be deployed between the picket-line and CAP specifically to be running with the pickets rather than surface-control assets, but it appeared the local goddess of everything naval and mighty had her own words to say upon the matter, despite her taking up flag in the local battleship rather than the traditional aircraft carrier...

With a sigh, the Commodore turned to the rest of the bridge, looking at a crew that had already spent over two-months at sea, well, wasn't this what regional patrol duty was for? Getting the troubleshooters near enough the location that they could intervene should the time come, but they didn't even know what they were going to intervene in at this point, just... assessing the local situation?

Well, Regional Command seemed to have Perun-sized concerns if they were throwing red-slip scale problems their way, the question was... concerns with who? Surely the Cookish hadn't blown their occupation into a Dystopian-scale massacre over a pip-squeak sized nation set above them, had they? Either that or the Premies had taken it as a casus-belli. Not that his was to reason why, that was their objective now, wasn't it? Assess what the fuck was going on, no matter how screwed up it might be, and that meant getting to work.

“Call the CAG up 'ere, I want to see if we can sustain the E-birds and the Sirens further out, over the picket-line.” Prior called across the bridge, taking a moment to consider just where this would take them. “We're going for a little excursion to Liberia, REGCOM wants us to assess just how sandy their beaches are, so Crown will be handing us a bearing momentarily, be ready to adjust course.”

Amid the setting sun, the widely spread groups which made up REGPATCRWN could be seen by their wakes, all altering course in time so that they wouldn't simply pass the country of Liberia on a standardised patrol run, like the usual groups, but instead come within a distinctly set operational radius of the now rather politically confused nation.

Main Fleet Elements

HMS CrownMonarch-class Guided Missile Battleship, Nuclear (BBGN-07)
Complement: 3,278
Onboard Craft: 2 x Merlin HM2

ANV AletheiaAchilles-class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier (CVN-069)
Complement: 5,487
Onboard Craft: 24 x Illusion FGS1
12 x Hermes S5
24 x Illusion FGS2
4 x Selene AEW1
4 x Shadow E1
8 x Siren AS3
4 x Rhea K1
8 x Merlin HM2

ANV IliadAjax-class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier, Light (CVLN-24)
Complement: 2,844
Onboard Craft: 12 x Illusion FGS1
4 x Illusion FGS2
3 x Selene AEW1
3 x Siren AS3
4 x Merlin HM2

ANV Port ScyllaSword-class Guided Missile Cruiser, Nuclear (CGN-101)
Complement: 627

NCN EponaSword-class Guided Missile Cruiser, Nuclear (CGN-106)
Complement: 627

ANV LetheNyx-class Heavy Guided Missile Cruiser, Nuclear (CAGN-21)
Complement: 576

ANV VindictiveNymphe-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (SSN-179)
Complement: 128

HMS TrebuchetIain-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (SSGN-12)
Complement: 143

ANV DelphinaDuenna-class Fast Supply Vessel, Nuclear (AOEN-49)
Complement: 812

ANV VeroniqueDuenna-class Fast Supply Vessel, Nuclear (AOEN-38)
Complement: 812

Screening Elements

NCN SucellusAlkonost-class Strike Cruiser (CSGN-248)
Complement: 448
Onboard Craft: 2 x Lynx Wildcat HM1

NCN EsusAlkonost-class Strike Cruiser (CSGN-149)

HMS Justin CallsAlkonost-class Strike Cruiser (CSGN-45)

HMS IrbertersonAlkonost-class Strike Cruiser (CSGN-51)

ANV GraftonAlkonost-class Strike Cruiser (CSGN-388)

ANV LycanthropeAlkonost-class Strike Cruiser (CSGN-320)

HMS OrenLanchev-A-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (SSN-24)
Complement: 135

HMS HolidayLanchev-A-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (SSN-27)
Complement: 135

Administratum Political Communiqué

Administratum Political Services
To: Nations within the region of Xanadou
Subject: Launch Awareness
Classification: INCISOR – Open Communique

Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,

In the interest of ensuring that no nations are alarmed, we would wish to inform you of the satellite launches that will be taking place from locations within the Victorian Ocean and the Belfrasian Gulf. These launches are of a non-hostile nature, and are merely an addition to the long-established regional reconnaissance network shared by the Triumvirate. This communiqué has been released to ensure that no miscommunications should come to place given the intent of these launches and their payloads, as while it is a routine observational correction, we understand the possibility for misgivings to be held. The orbital paths have been calculated with currently existing satellites in mind to prevent collisions, and to remain stable for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully this will address any concerns which might arise.

Administratum Political Services
Liam Sutherson, Functionary of the Political Nature

Night had fallen across the Triumvirate, yet still the crews of the summed fleets were at work, two of them in particular who had their own objectives to meet that night. It was no secret that the Perun-class Nuclear Aviation Battleship carried several dozen FOBS capable ICBMs, but what that also meant – and wasn't nearly as well noticed – was that this gave the Perun the ability to use derivatives of those ICBMs to place rather less unpleasant payloads into Earth orbit.

In this case, the HMS Perun of the Belfrasian Navy sat just outside the Portsdown Harbour, her running lights ablaze as aboard the mighty vessel, the crew went through their vital jobs with the vigour and skill that was expected from any member of the Triumvirate's services. The Victorian Accord had remained steady for all these years, and still it lay strong within their hearts.

Running akin with the Perun was the ANV Absolut, named for a vessel recently departed from the Belfrasian Navy, she represented the kinship between the Regional Navy and the multitude of services which made up the Triumvirate, but unlike the Perun, she was sitting far out in the Victorian Ocean, surrounded only by the various escorts which a strategic asset like her required for their safety.

Aboard each vessel, five hatches opened in sequence, revealing the rounded tip of a vehicle that would usually signify the death of thousands if not millions in the resulting aftermath. Here? All they'd done is plant a few million pounds worth of equipment into the vacuum above the planet, not quite as spectacular, but just as – If not more important than their usual capability.

The moment happened.

From each of the launch platforms, a spear of flame rose into the darkness, followed by four more in sequence as the program was followed through to the end, and the silo-caps closed once more. The ten converted ICBMs carried a total of six EORSATs and four RORSATs, each with precise orbital trajectories calculated to bring them into key positions from which they could observe their own segments of Liberian coast and the waters surrounding them. It was just what the communiqué had said after all, an extension to the regional satellite network, however with the timing, it was a particularly convenient one, especially to REGPATCRWN.
Last edited by Useful Daveia on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Public Communique From The Government of The Cookish States

Addressed to:The Quendi, Liberian, and New Edomite nations

Concerning:Military Presences

We have seen enough of the militarization of Liberia. Whether they allow this paranoid buildup of troops is secondary to the fact that we cannot allow the nearly great nation of Liberia to become a military playground. Any soldiers or equipment approaching within one mile of the in progress Cookish-Liberian DMZ will be destroyed. Cookish airspace will be protected with all vigilance and unquestioning violence. The DMZ will be made of only Cookish land, but rest assured that all nations should respect it.

To:New Edom
Concerning:The Quendi
Encryption:Maximum

We petition New Edom to assist the Cookish to remove the Quendi from the region with or without Cookish assistance, through diplomatic or militaristic means. As is easy to tell, the existence of such a force is unnerving to us, and I imagine you feel equally. We should unite on this front and purge the nonbelievers from the Christian land of Liberia. You have our complete support in whichever route you choose, be it subtle or controversial.

To:The Liberian Military Command
We request all military equipment donated by our government to yours returned or a single payment of $620,000,000. The larger pieces of equipment are noted here.

-210 T-80 Main Battle Tanks
-1,100 60mm mortar systems
-890 GMC Sierra Mil.'s
-18 MiG 21 'Fishbeds'
-90 UH-60 'Blackhawks'
-81,000 STG-22 rifles

We expect payment in no less than seven days.
Last edited by The Cookish States on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:56 pm

To: The Administratum of Belfras and Daveia
Encryption:Maximum (By Cookish standards)

We are humbled by the massive military might of your nation. We wish to make no ill feelings toward your great nation. We have a proposition which you can feel free to accept, deny, or alter.

First of all, we could use assistance in our space program. Currently we have sent simple satellites up and orbited one man, Henry Leek, who was killed later due to cabin depressurization. Assistance would be much appreciated.

In exchange for the help, we would offer a landing area for any shuttles or space faring vehicles you may have, along with rights to land re-useable crafts in our waters. Furthermore we offer up two of our launch pads in northwestern Cookeland (Lower right on map) for either military or civilian use. Rest assured, your equipment will be secure, and should any nations that are closer to us than you require your attention you will be able to deliver that attention sooner, denying them valuable time to respond. We are eager to hear your reply.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Ambassador Crove's anger was suddenly, strange perhaps to those seeing him, gone. He looked at the Princess thoughtfully. "There's nothing further to discuss." He bowed. "Mr. President. Ladies and gentlemen. Mr. President, if you would care to contact me when there are no Quendi about, I would be most grateful. Mr. Touchstone is looking forward to being in touch with you." And with that, he left, regardless of further attempts at speaking with him.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents