NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdom of Telšiai [OPEN (NOW WITH Q&A) FACTBOOK][WIP]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Telsiai
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Kingdom of Telšiai [OPEN (NOW WITH Q&A) FACTBOOK][WIP]

Postby Telsiai » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:17 pm

The Kingdom of Telšiai
"Unsere žemė, Unsere garbės - Our Land, Our Honour"

ImageCoat of Arms

The Kingdom of Telšiai (often simply referred to as Telšiai) is a country situated on the island of Telšiai, ruled by a Constitutional Monarch with a variant of the presidential system in place. The state borders the Confederacy of Free Telšiai, a state which the Kingdom of Telšiai regards as an aggressive rogue state. The people of Telšiai are native to the island, and make up the majority of the county's population.

Table of General Information
Capital (and largest city) Küstestadt
Official Language Telšiaian
Recognised Languages English, German
Demonym Telšiaian
Government Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Area
Population ~6,500,000
Currency Telšmarke Credit
Date Format dd/mm/yyyy CE
Drives on the left
Internet TLD .te

Table of Contents
1. History
2. Government & Politics
2.1 Administrative Divisions
3. Foreign Relations
4.1 Military
4. Geography
5. Economy
6. Infrastructure
7.1 Transportation
7.2 Energy
7. Crime & Law Enforcement
8. Media
9. Health
10. Education
Last edited by Telsiai on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am, edited 11 times in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<
Click the above link for the directory for everything Telšiai-related, including factbooks and role-play links for every Telšiai entity.
Any constructive criticism on my nation, factbooks or roleplay is greatly appreciated. I'm always looking to improve. Send me a telegram!
The Corparation wrote:That's something that pisses me of. You walk into an American Telephone and Telegraph store and try to send a telegraph to Leningrad in the USSR, and they play dumb and say things like "We only sell cellphones here." What is this world coming too.

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

History of Telšiai

Postby Telsiai » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Placehold
Last edited by Telsiai on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<
Click the above link for the directory for everything Telšiai-related, including factbooks and role-play links for every Telšiai entity.
Any constructive criticism on my nation, factbooks or roleplay is greatly appreciated. I'm always looking to improve. Send me a telegram!
The Corparation wrote:That's something that pisses me of. You walk into an American Telephone and Telegraph store and try to send a telegraph to Leningrad in the USSR, and they play dumb and say things like "We only sell cellphones here." What is this world coming too.

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Government & Politics

Politics of Telšiai

Telšiai is a semi-constitutional monarchy operating with a congress. The monarch holds executive power as both the head of state and government, but is bound by a constitution. The congress, made up of elected officials, is responsible primarily for the introduction of legislation. The executive branch is entirely separate from the legislative, however, the monarch holds the power to veto congress' decisions. The monarch's veto, however, can be overturned by a vote of 80% of the congress.

The Congress is made up of 150 members, who each serve an unlimited amount of terms that last for three years.These officials are directly elected by every citizen residing in the Kingdom.

Council of Ministers

The Council of Ministers encompasses the ministers and other advisors to the monarch. Ministers are chosen from seated members of Congress by the monarch and require approval from the Congress, to ensure the code of meritocracy is kept. Ministers require no renewal of office and hold no more power other than their powers as congressman or woman. Advisors require no approval and hold no power other than whatever influence they have. The cabinet positions are as follows:

> Minister of Foreign Affairs
> Minister of Defence
> Minister of the Interior
> Minister of Education and Technology
> Minister of Health
> Minister of Agriculture and Food
> Minister of Labour
> Minister of Social Affairs
> Minister of Transport and Infrastructure
> Minister of Justice
> Minister of Finance and Economy
Last edited by Telsiai on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Foreign Relations

Foreign Relations

The Armed Forces

Read more: Military Factbook
The Armed Forces of Telšiai (Telšių Karūnos ginkluotųjų pajėgų, Armed Forces of The Telšiai Crown) are the armed forces of the Kingdom of Telšiai. The Armed Forces of Telšiai encompass three professional forces: the army (Streitkräfte žemės, Ground Forces), the air force (Oro pajėgos) and the navy (Karinės jūrų pajėgos, Naval Force). The commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces is the reigning monarch, although the Minister for Defence and general-grade officers are responsible for most military matters.

There are ~60,000 personnel in the armed forces. The army employs 30,000 personnel, the air force 15,000 and the navy 15,000. The air force is equipped with 25 fighter aircraft, 10 L-39 Albatros trainers and numerous transports and helicopters. The navy maintains 20 vessels (excluding minesweepers and other support ships), the majority being patrol boats.
Last edited by Telsiai on Wed May 16, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Geography

Postby Telsiai » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Placehold
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Economy

Placeholder
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Infrastructure

Placeholder
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Crime & Law Enforcement

Postby Telsiai » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Crime Statistics

Law Enforcement Agencies

Each Administrative Division has it's own police service. There are a small number of federal agencies that assist in law enforcement, which include the:

> Federal Highway Patrol
    > Telšiai Security Intelligence Service
    > Telšiai Federal Police Service

The Federal Highway Patrol service is responsible for the policing of the major motorways that connect the country and has jurisdiction throughout the country. The Security Intelligence Service is the domestic intelligence agency of Telšiai, tasked with protecting the nation from espionage, sabotage, politically-motivated violence and terrorism. The Federal Police Service is the nationwide law enforcement agency of Telšiai, focused mainly on organised crime within the country. The FPS often work closely with the SIS.

General duties and traffic officers in local offices and the Highway Patrol are issued with standardised equipment. All general duties and traffic officers are issued with the Glock 17 handgun as their standard sidearm. Other equipment carried by officers include pepper spray, extendable batons, personal radios, handcuffs, a taser and a torch. Most patrol cars are issued with either an MP5 or a M4 Carbine.

All police cars are marked as the one below, except for vehicles in the Highway Patrol, which have the words "HIGHWAY PATROL" marked on them.

A police car in a small village.
Last edited by Telsiai on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Media, Health & Education

Placeholder
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Global Directory

The Telšiai Universe
"Unsere žemė, Unsere garbės - Our Land, Our Honour"

The complete portal for Telšiai

I decided to create this portal to significantly reduce the size of my signature. In this directory you will find a link to any significant piece of information related to every Telšiai entity - past technology, modern technology and future technology. If you bothered to follow the link to this directory and then put in the effort to read this note, I say thank you. If you have any suggestions or believe I've made some sort of error anywhere, I welcome you to contact me. Once again, thank you.

Factbooks
Global Factbook | Past Technology
Military Factook | Past Technology
Global Factbook | Modern Technology
Military Factbook | Modern Technology

International Incidents

Important Topics
Question & Answers
Last edited by Telsiai on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Telsiai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Questions & Answers

Postby Telsiai » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi, everyone! Since I'm too lazy to complete my Factbook anytime soon, I've decided to include a Q&A section, so if there's anything you want to know that I haven't got around to putting in the factbook yet, you can ask! Ask away!
Last edited by Telsiai on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
>> The Telšiai Portal <<

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information