NATION

PASSWORD

The United Defenders League

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Commander Halcones
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Commander Halcones » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Nah, you'll all be raiding for me before too long, especially you Uni. You like me very much :lol2:

Flatman
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Flatman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey, Halc, back off! I saw 'em first!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm

And we have denied you happily.

Atleast Halc has a legacy.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Flatman
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:18 pm

And how do you know I don't? :)

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Because I have never heard of you before. And I dont even know what region you represent. And because I helped liberate Sev Space from you guys. Easiest lib eva'
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Flatman
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm not going to make excuses, but I think calling it the "easiest lib eva" is an exaggeration. You did have eight people.

Tim-Opolis wrote:Because I have never heard of you before. And I dont even know what region you represent.

This is exactly why you don't know my legacy. You have military experience, so I assume you know what a puppet is, yes?

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 am

Another nice job in Serenidad by the UDL, featuring the point nation moving to the region hours before, pretending to be an invader before getting endorsed by defenders at update and becoming delegate. Great job! :)
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:51 am

^lulz, only fair, really. Although if the defender point actually pretended to be a specific raider thats a bad thing and is actually illegal underneath game rules. Raiders- organize and get confirmation of the true identities of all entering support :geek:

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 am

I don't think he impersonated a specific invader. Probably just a newb mistake on part of the pointman of not checking who their endorsers were.

@Flatman: actually I am wondering who you are :P
Capable of accurate update raiding and going after targets of a certain size/importance ...
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:00 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:^lulz, only fair, really. Although if the defender point actually pretended to be a specific raider thats a bad thing and is actually illegal underneath game rules. Raiders- organize and get confirmation of the true identities of all entering support :geek:

He was pretending to be a raider, not a specific raider.
Frattastan wrote:@Flatman: actually I am wondering who you are :P
Capable of accurate update raiding and going after targets of a certain size/importance ...

:eyebrow: I'm pretty sure I know who it is. I have two guesses, one of which is more likely than the other.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am

Arr, the drama lama be upon this here thread. Flee for yer lives, mateys!

Oh and International Talk Like a Pirate Day is on Monday, September 19. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:14 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:^lulz, only fair, really. Although if the defender point actually pretended to be a specific raider thats a bad thing and is actually illegal underneath game rules. Raiders- organize and get confirmation of the true identities of all entering support :geek:

It isn't illegal. And no, I didn't pretend to be a specific raider.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:58 am

Mahaj wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:^lulz, only fair, really. Although if the defender point actually pretended to be a specific raider thats a bad thing and is actually illegal underneath game rules.

It isn't illegal. And no, I didn't pretend to be a specific raider.

Saying 'I'm [insert name of a specific raider]' is impersonation - and it's illegal.
I know that you didn't do that :P
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Flatman wrote:I'm not going to make excuses, but I think calling it the "easiest lib eva" is an exaggeration. You did have eight people.

Tim-Opolis wrote:Because I have never heard of you before. And I dont even know what region you represent.

This is exactly why you don't know my legacy. You have military experience, so I assume you know what a puppet is, yes?

I have heard of puppets. But I see no point in using one to post on the forum. Are you too scared to show your real face?

Flatman
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Flatman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm

As a group we decided we weren't going to take credit for the Sev Space raid, choosing instead to credit the whole community. As such, I wouldn't want to reveal who's behind this nation, as that would be equivalent to taking credit for the raid. It's a pretty simple concept, really.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Interesting. I also think I know who you are.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Interesting. I also think I know who you are.

I don't, but I'm also about 63% sure that I don't care.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:24 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Interesting. I also think I know who you are.

I don't, but I'm also about 63% sure that I don't care.

Only 63%? I'm 100% sure I don't give a damn.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Belschaft wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:I don't, but I'm also about 63% sure that I don't care.

Only 63%? I'm 100% sure I don't give a damn.

Well, I don't know who he is. He could be Jesus or Bruce Willis. Then i might give a shit.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Belschaft wrote:Only 63%? I'm 100% sure I don't give a damn.

Well, I don't know who he is. He could be Jesus or Bruce Willis. Then i might give a shit.

Good point. He may be the Messiah, or that Jesus guy.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Commander Halcones
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Commander Halcones » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 am

Haha, you really think he'd be playing this game? Now why? :p

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate

Postby Unibot II » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm

September 19 2011

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

Greetings! The United Defenders League has been really pleased with these past few weeks and all the successes that have transpired. We've been elated with a series of successful liberations during the past few weeks. Several regions were liberated; Communist Russia, Sev Space, Katasia, Serenidad, Stargate, The United Kingdom of Britain and Middle Earth. Facing opposition from a multitude of leading raider organizations, I believe this reaffirms to our Merrymen and the rest of NationStates that a successful liberation can prevail even against untold resistance from those who try to usurp control of regions' administrations from their respective native communities.

Perhaps we will remember those sentiments as we look to the devastation of the Proletariat Coalition in recent days; raider forces have swarmed said region, clamouring for some form of ochlocratic 'justice'. We here in the United Defenders League greatly sympathize with the native community. I myself have always feared what will happen to my own region if I were no longer active in the game, would it be targeted? Would my friends or people who haven't even *met* me be punished for my beliefs or mistakes? The raid on the Proletariat Coalition to me resembles kicking a veteran down when he is older and frailer; I'm certainly not going to let this harassment continue and I expect the Greenwood Band to do all it can in its power to return the region's leadership back to its community. Kudos to the many spunky natives of the Proletariat Coalition who have spoken out against the invasion on the Regional Message Board with an admirable fidelity; hope and spirit is not futile, my friends and my private heroes.

On a more cheery note, our movie night was a raving success and we will be doing another movie night at the beginning of October, so watch out for that. Furthermore, in the past few weeks we've been trying to quickly expand our diplomatic relations across NationStates, befriend who we can and get to know the native communities better that we've sworn to protect. If we haven't already, you may see us approach your main region about establishing an embassy to receive letters like these -- if you're not approached, please feel free to apply for embassies on our forums (1. Apply as a Herald, 2. Apply for Embassies).

The Native Rights Watch is also trying to get off the ground although is still looking for a Vice Executive Director; Contact Goobergunchia, the Executive Director of the NRW, or myself if you're interested in that position. I believe the NRW is considering writing and publishing an essay on the situation in Greece, including advocating for a diplomatic solution.

Quotation of the Update, Tim-Opolis's depiction of the Merrymen's successful liberation of the United Kingdom of Britian:

UDL FTW!

Image Image
Image Image

Representing the 7 defenders and the two noob raiders.

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 pm

7 on 2 (Or really 1)? Very impressive odds, you aught to be quite proud.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Eluvataran Isles
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Eluvataran Isles » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Our strength is great for our cause is just?

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Well, with those newb raiders we take extra precautions. DEN on the other-hand can be taken down with a simple 7-8 (using native endos) margin.

Two merrymen helped out, but congradulations to the FRA on liberating Soviet Union.

SEE ANYTHING WEIRD?:

(Yes, I actually lib'd the region using that button)
Last edited by Unibot II on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay