NATION

PASSWORD

Hurricane Bjorn rips through the Aalbach Islands!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:25 pm

To: The Triumhominate Council of Migdou

We are glad to hear that you will be aiding this country is recover efforts. In belief that are unification could better the whole nation of the Aalbach Islands, we are interested in a potential cooperation between our two organizations. We await your reply.

Rachel Palmer
Head of the Bergnovinaian Red Cross
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:38 pm

[bump]
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:41 pm

The airports of Bergern filled up with Refugees that were going to take Red Cross flights to Bergnovinaia. All planes were full, levaing standing room only. Lines took hours to process and Security was backed up due to an increased national threat level in Bergnovinaia.

"How are we going to handle this many people?" asked Jose Bonito, the director of all flights ot Bergnovinaia. "It's just not possible!"
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:The airports of Bergern filled up with Refugees that were going to take Red Cross flights to Bergnovinaia. All planes were full, levaing standing room only. Lines took hours to process and Security was backed up due to an increased national threat level in Bergnovinaia.

"How are we going to handle this many people?" asked Jose Bonito, the director of all flights ot Bergnovinaia. "It's just not possible!"

OOC: Most airports have either been destroyed or cannot handle flights at this time.
Alert Levels

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Migdou
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Migdou » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:44 pm

To: Governing Officials Present in Bergen

A Medicorps detachment is currently en-route, and will begin work as soon as possible.

With hope for a better future,

The Triumhominate Council of Migdou

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Rachel Palmer, Bergnovinaian Red Cross
From: Migdian Committee for Local and International Disaster Relief

We are encouraged to note that another aid organization is already established in the area, and would very much like to establish a cooperative relationship between our groups. By combining our supplies, we could indeed save many more lives than by standing divided and awaiting replenishment while the injured suffer. The Medicorps will set up a camp adjacent to yours, and will share information, food, and medicine as it becomes available, with the expectation that your organization do the same.

The Migdian Committee for Local and International Disaster Relief

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Medicorps' reputation for efficiency was not undeserved; before long, a small fleet of helicopters was en route to the Aalbach Islands, vital supplies and well-trained personnel carried within them. They flew on through the night, swapping pilots to maintain full efficiency and refueling in midair and at full speed via help from various allied aid groups across the world.

Dawn's first rays shone over the horizon when the devastated city of Bergen came into view at last, its streets filled with water, trash, and the smell of death. Noting the location of the Bergnovinaian Red Cross camp, the helicopter pilots set down their vehicles upon a hill untouched by the waters and got to work.

The houses that had once occupied the terrain had been blown down by the winds, scattering their roofs across the waters below and leaving behind gutted brick foundations. Moving quickly, the Medicorps personnel donned their distinctive white and purple armored vests and stretched canvas tarps over the ruins, creating shelters. Food crates were unloaded into one area, designated for storage, then opened and moved into a kitchen. Medical supplies were unpacked, and several buildings rapidly became field clinics.

Finally, the helicopters lifted off to gather more supplies from home, and the men and women of the Medicorps divided themselves into squads to begin combing the city. No injured person they could find would be left to die, no hungry person left to starve, no dead person left unburied, however long it took; they were trained to know that their duty was nothing less.
Last edited by Migdou on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Orlkjestad wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:The airports of Bergern filled up with Refugees that were going to take Red Cross flights to Bergnovinaia. All planes were full, levaing standing room only. Lines took hours to process and Security was backed up due to an increased national threat level in Bergnovinaia.

OOC: Most airports have either been destroyed or cannot handle flights at this time.

Scratch what I just said then.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:47 pm

We are sad to say that Bergen is now out of the eye of the hurricane and in the eyewall of Hurricane Bjorn.
Rescuers are bound to be delayed, and we are assured that death tolls will only get higher as Bergen is battered with 189kph wind and 20 meter floodwaters. Here is a picture of Bergen in the eyewall of the hurricane:

Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alert Levels

Niihama
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niihama » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:50 pm

How about Sake?
"...And those who are prideful.. and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.."

Niihama's Factbook

Current Alert Status:
Condition One - [ Condition Two ] - Condition Three - Condition Four

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Bump.
Alert Levels

Migdou
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Migdou » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 pm

"Get those people into the shelters!"

Lieutenant Abdullah Daher motioned frantically at the last group of Medicorps personnel headed up the hill, bearing several stretchers between them. Behind him, others were working to construct dugouts and earthenworks within and around the ruined buildings in the hopes of protecting the survivors and supplies. They'd only barely had time to begin their efforts when the eye had passed, and unless they moved quickly, they'd have even more to identify, possibly some of their own.

He cast a glance around at the camp, where the supplies were being moved belowground and tarps were being tied over the entrances of the filled dugouts. They could only hope it was enough, as they hadn't thought to bring heavy entrenching tools and had been forced into a rush job with their standard-issue shovels. The knowledge that the blisters on their hands were a lot better than being dead drove them onward, however, and many of the less-injured survivors had offered their help.

Sprinting the short distance down the hill to the group with the stretchers, he took ahold of one and helped them carry the young woman on it back toward safety. Already the sky was dark, and the winds heavy; rain began to lash at his face. Just as the true howling fury began, they reached the last dugout, and in the terrifying weather they did their best to lower the stretchers inside without jostling their occupants overmuch.

His glasses few from his face, and he dared not pursue them. Instead, he helped the others down into the dugout, took one last look at the approaching storm, and dropped inside, slamming and bolting the makeshift doors behind him and plunging the little room into absolute darkness.
Last edited by Migdou on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:01 pm

The following message was sent to all Red Cross coordinators via radio.

"Attention, attention! You are about to be hit with the eye of the hurricane. Expect increased amounts of people coming to your shelters. Feed them, and find tem adiquate space. Do not turn them away. Repeat. DO NOT TURN THEM AWAY! They will die if they do not find shelter and the lasrt crackle, crackle, crackle on our shoulders. It is urgent that everyone crackle, crackle, crackle"

The message ended as the eye of the hurricane grew leaving all the coordinators confused and scared about their complete instructions.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Radios all over the ruins of Bergen squaked as Hurricane Bjorn raged:

WARNING...THIS IS A TORNADO WARNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AND POLICE AGENCIES HAVE ISSUED A TORNADO WARNING FOR THE BERGEN AREA...WARNING...THIS IS A TORNADO WARNING...

This was horrible. The high wind force and clashing tempatures have caused a funnel cloud to appear! People on the mainland were horrified as they saw hysterical, crying television reporters praying in the darkness of dugouts...
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alert Levels

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Bump... May God have mercy on our souls...
Last edited by Orlkjestad on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alert Levels

Migdou
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Migdou » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Inside the shelter, Lt. Daher bowed his head as he listened to the crackling radio in the darkness. There was nothing anyone could do for the reporters; going out there to face a hurricane and a tornado was asking for death, and deaths among the Medicorps personnel would not save anyone. The reporters might yet be blessed enough to escape, and he could only pray for that. Turning on his flashlight, he turned to the first stretcher beside him and examined the patient upon it.

The young woman he had helped to carry was in poor shape; a splinter of wood had penetrated almost all the way through her right arm, and her head was badly gashed, probably by a falling brick or something similar. This woman, and the others in the shelter, he could save; he tried not to think about those still trapped in the city. Removing a syringe from one of his vest pockets, he pressed it into her arm and pushed it down, then removed it and stepped back; it was fortunate that all Medicorps personnel were given a syringe of morphine in case they, or one of their charges, was badly wounded in the field.

He opened one of the nearby surgical kits and, after a few moments, found exactly what he was looking for: a capsule of localized muscle relaxant. He dipped the syringe in the acid cleaner to sterilize it, then in the water, then pushed it back into the young woman right next to the sliver of wood. Immediately he maneuvered his gloved hands into position, and with a quick pull slid the splinter out without additional damage. He took out his suture kit and bandages, then looked up; everyone was at work by the little light they could muster, but there were so many injured, and their supplies were limited during the storm.

He could only hope they could all be saved.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Meanwhile, on the mainland...

People on the streets were frantic. Protests were in the streets with signs that say "Fuck FDRM (Federal Disaster Relief Ministry)", Groups of people were crowding on the streets near TV shop windows just to watch the news broadcasts about Bjorn, and nearly every newspaper stand on the mainland was empty. There were headlines such as "HOLY SHIT! Bergen destroyed", "Bergen wiped from map!", and "Bjorn is Evil!". People were just glad they weren't at Bergen.
Alert Levels

Magna Omega
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:27 pm

The Federation of Magna Omega is terribly sorry for you and this devastating loss.But our sympathy will do you no good.We are sending aid at once.We are sending volunteer army medics and nurses as well as construction teams with 47 tons of medical and repair supplies.These and more will be loaded up onto the radar piquet frigate O.S.S.Victory(FR-120).We cannot send a medical frigate because our only one is in another foreign country helping them recover from a terrible earth quake also killing thousands.Do not worry.Our vessel is not heavily armed.We are here for humanitarian efforts only.We are a small far away nation willing to help you at any cost.We are ,again, deeply sorry for your losses.If your nation requires anything further please feel free to ask us.

- Omegan Minister of Human Aid- Tania Voliric
Last edited by Magna Omega on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nuts." ~General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Station 12 wrote:I'm never going to die.

You can all remember me for my lack of dyingness.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:29 pm

Magna Omega wrote:Image
The Federation of Magna Omega is terribly sorry for you and this devastating loss.But our sympathy will do you no good.We are sending aid at once.We are sending volunteer army medics and nurses as well as construction teams with 47 tons of medical and repair supplies.These and more will be loaded up onto the radar piquet frigate O.S.S.Victory(FR-120).We cannot send a medical frigate because our only one is in another foreign country helping them recover from a terrible earth quake also killing thousands.Do not worry.Our vessel is not heavily armed.We are here for humanitarian efforts only.We are ,again, deeply sorry for your losses.If your nation requires anything further please feel free to ask us.

- Omegan Minister of Human Aid- Tani Voliric

We are grateful, but it would not be a good idea sending them now. Bergen is currently in the eyewall of Hurricane Bjorn, and there is a tornado in the city.
Alert Levels

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:33 pm

To hell with the tornados.You have civilians trapped and we know were some are so we are sending in a team via helicopter.There is a group of about 25 people trapped in a southeastern district.

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Magna Omega wrote:To hell with the tornados.You have civilians trapped and we know were some are so we are sending in a team via helicopter.There is a group of about 25 people trapped in a southeastern district.

We really would not advise that unless you want to join the dead...
Alert Levels

Migdou
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Migdou » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:39 pm

To: Omegan Minister of Human Aid- Tani Voliric
From: Migdian Committee for Local and International Disaster Relief

With heavy hearts, the Migdian Medicorps must strongly discourage your nation from continuing its present course of action. Flying a helicopter in a hurricane is almost impossible, and the added threat of the tornado makes it even less likely that the helicopter would survive. Though it is a tragedy to lose twenty-five people, it is worse to lose twenty six and a helicopter.

The Migdian Committee for Local and International Disaster Relief

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Alright.We have them.Loaded up onto 2 helicopters at 2013 hours sharp.Minor injuries reported but nothing untreatable.They were the lucky ones.Both choppers are almost out of the hot zone and are heading back to the frigate now.

Old Erisia wrote:

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Magna Omega wrote:Alright.We have them.Loaded up onto 2 helicopters at 2013 hours sharp.Minor injuries reported but nothing untreatable.They were the lucky ones.Both choppers are almost out of the hot zone and are heading back to the frigate now.

:clap: :clap: I applaud you for getting them without going down. :clap: :clap:
Alert Levels

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:55 pm

One helicopter took heavy damage on the way out and the co pilot was hit by glass shards.She died in the sick bay of our ship.Another civilian has died and 5 more wounded.It was ,unfortunately, better to sacrifice the lives of two to save another 24.
Last edited by Magna Omega on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Erisia wrote:

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Capt. Nira Lesly was the first Omegan rescue operator to die in the line of duty.Her funeral will be held at Remings cemetery in her home town of Latik in Magna Omega.She will not be forgotten.

Old Erisia wrote:

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:17 am

Bump.
Alert Levels

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents