NATION

PASSWORD

Userites and Feeder Affinity?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Userites and Feeder Affinity?

Postby Warzone Codger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm

You can choose you friends, but not your family.

Many of us play in user created regions, but we are all born in one of the feeders. It was the first region to you interacted in the game, while it took a deliberate action to move.

I started out playing in The West Pacific, before moving with The Featured Region Followers and now the Warzones/Warzone Airspace. Yet I maintain a connection with TWP, feeling it's a nice place to unwind and chat to people I've known for some time. More recently I also decided to help out a bit by help respark TWP's WA interest. It is always home and always there whatever happens with what I do in the rest of the world.

I wonder whether others hold a special connection to their feeder even when playing elsewhere?
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Nah. I don't even remember which feeder i was a part of.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Whamabama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Whamabama » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

I was born in TSP. Can't say I have had much involvement there. Though I have been a part of TNP, and TWP.

"The sovereignty of one's self over one's self is called 'liberty'."
Founder of Equilism
E-Army Officer
Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms
Equilism's Forum http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Mahaj wrote:Nah. I don't even remember which feeder i was a part of.

Me neither
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Oliver the Mediocre wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Nah. I don't even remember which feeder i was a part of.

Me neither

Same. It was so long ago, and I moved straight to a friends region.

Since then though I've moved through all sorts of regions, spent a long time in Lazarus and TRR while just posting in NSG, and recently made a feeder one of my homes.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Romanar
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanar » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:45 pm

I was originally born in TSP, but never did much there until the recent coup. I've been more active in TNP, though not much lately.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm

My nation was founded in The West Pacific, and left fairly quickly to some random region that recruited me. I only stayed in that region for an hour or so, before moving to The New Power Federation, which had TGed me (illegally, probably). That region never amounted to much, but it got me involved in offsite forums, gameplay and defending. I think TWP was the first feeder region forum that I registered on, but I was only ever there as an ambassador or to argue with them about the FRA. I'm not all that popular there, and I don't feel any affinity to the region :P

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Not so much.

When I was spawned by NationStates, back in 2002, there was only one feeder: the Pacific. I spent all of a couple minutes in the Pacific before founding my own region, along with some friends of mine, and I’ve been there ever since. Ever since…damn you Max Barry! Damn you to Hell! To Hell! :p

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:31 pm

How do you guys remember this? :P
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:46 pm

I was founded in The West Pacific. I wish I had been born in a better feeder...
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Crazy girl
Senior Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:12 pm

The Pacific, and I've been there for a few months till I got kicked out after a delegate change :P

Sheepatropolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheepatropolis » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:36 am

I'm moderately certain I was born in The South Pacific..I think I only stayed for a day or two, then moved to a UCR with a mob I used to hang around all those years ago.
Ex Elected Minister of Security for The South Pacific

Ex General-in-chief of The South Pacific Army

The Ancient Puppet of Lordieth

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:43 am

I was spawned in the Pacific under the delegacy of Moo-Cows, but don't have any particular feeder loyalty.
I suppose I could have had one but thought that Francos Spain was such a right-wing name :P
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Postby Riemstagrad » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:53 am

born in The Pacific... moved to Belgium as soon as i discovered there was a world outside The Pacific...

i don't remember if it was the pacific or another pacific, but the http://www.nationstates.net/HISTORY says that the other pacifics were added with v1.4 (29-Apr-03)

it doesn't say they were added on that date though... maybe they were added earlier. in that case, i don't know for sure in wich region this nation spawned.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am

FUck if I know. I do remember my first raider puppet since coming back was created just in time to be a statistic in Durk's Purge.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:32 am

I've basically lost track of which of my nations came into NS through which of the feeders, except for a few puppets that I deliberately left there. The only feeder in which I've really been active was TSP, with Bali Lo, before I had to cut back on how much time I spent on NS... Maybe I'll go back to their forum for a visit this summer.

In TWP I still have the Invisible Wabbits, although they haven't been active on the regional forum for a looong time...
(Their leaders prefer the Strangers' Bar at WA HQ, instead.)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 am

Bears Armed wrote:The only feeder in which I've really been active was TSP, with Bali Lo, before I had to cut back on how much time I spent on NS... Maybe I'll go back to their forum for a visit this summer.
TSP would love to have you active and with us, even if it's just for part of the summer :)
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:18 pm

I was created in TSP. My first puppet was made in TNP. Never did much in either.

I have one in either TNP or the Pacific. If I don't win the election, then I'll probably use it to get involved in the feeder.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:33 pm

I think my very first nation was born in The Pacific, but I can't say for sure. When I was a userite who wanted to get involved into the feeders, I first checked out The South Pacific.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Belschaft wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:The only feeder in which I've really been active was TSP, with Bali Lo, before I had to cut back on how much time I spent on NS... Maybe I'll go back to their forum for a visit this summer.
TSP would love to have you active and with us, even if it's just for part of the summer :)

I must second this, but also hope you'd check out TEP and bless us with your roleplay prowess

/shameless plug
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 am

Todd McCloud wrote:
Belschaft wrote:TSP would love to have you active and with us, even if it's just for part of the summer :)

I must second this, but also hope you'd check out TEP and bless us with your roleplay prowess

/shameless plug

Well, maybe I'll finally get around to reviving the 'Gilbert n Sullivan Is' as well...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Aescentia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aescentia » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:35 am

My first nation was born in the East Pacific - I've kept at least one puppet there ever since. Aescentia itself was thrust upon the world into the welcoming arms of the North Pacific - but I left quickly enough that I never made a decent connection. :3
The Archregimancy wrote:Back to dirty, perverted, shameful sex, please.
Ardchoille wrote:Get back to the tits and boobies, you lot!
NERVUN wrote:I am NERV thy MOD. Thou shalt have no other gods before us.
Reppy wrote:Because fun is fun
Stew cranberries like apples
Tastes much more like prunes

I RP under the nation the City of Vauxhall, mid-PMT. ~~ The One Time I was Ever Reported
Handy Links: GE&T Help Desk ~~ Storefront Creation Guide ~~ NSBBB ~~ NSDossier ~~ French Motto Clinic ~~ Technical FAQ ~~ Le Fil Français

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:19 am

My birthplace was The_south_pacific.

I was there about two years on and off but after the first year, joined The Meritocracy. After joining there, I realized how much one's view of the NS is shaped by the first region you become active. I had thought most of NS were isolationist from my experience in TSP, but I learned there were many who weren't through experiences elsewhere.

I enjoyed working with userites more than with feeders. My opinion, but I think feeders tend to be more crotchety than UCR's.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired
Punk Daddy - Citizen of TSP

In TWP, we go Commando. - Darkesia

Andacantra
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Andacantra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I think (but am by no means sure) that this nation, my first, was born in TNP. Not even ever been over there... *ponders*
Abbey
Chief Kitty of the Cat Burglars
Bi-gameplayers: Raiding and defending because both are fun and ok
Nationstates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

Sovereign Spirits
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Spirits » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:11 pm

No special affinity. Moved out ASAP into the one I'm in now. I do not regret my decision.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
- Thomas Jefferson, November 1787

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay