NATION

PASSWORD

[WASRS DESTROYED] Repeal "Space Research Station Program"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Catholicism
Lobbyist

Founded: May 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Catholicism » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 pm

*The Ambassador of the Holy Empire of Imperial Catholicism kindly extends an invitation to the most honored Ambassador of Moronist Decisions to come and join him next to the warm, now roaring fire after placing the latest volume into the portable furnace.*

You see most honored Ambassador, each volume contains several compressed pages, which make it harder for oxygen to get to them. The result is a slower burning that allows for maximum warmth and utility. The empire deems it has found a worthwhile use of resources by burning these books; because, if they were not put to use as firewood, they would really serve no truly economic value at all, which is a shame really. I however, do not understand sir why your people ever demand such droll readings. The Imperial Scriptures are a good read I will tell you that! But, that is beside the point that with such a large supply of these volumes, being that there are such terrible bills passed all the time, they can serve a double purpose, comedy and kindling. I am sure you would approve of such good economic efficiency Ambassador. I must now return to listening to my audio Scriptures as some complaints about this bill are brought up for debate. Have a prosperous day!

*With that the Ambassador of the Holy Empire of Imperial Catholicism has his lay servant see the most honored Ambassador of Moronist Decision back to his seat while handing him a copy of the Scriptures and a complimentary bottle of the best Holy Wine.*

Zarquon Froods
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zarquon Froods » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Govers wrote:We are all on one planet, it's called the WORLD Assembly, not the STAR assembly or Space Assembly... how can we agree to something written so haphazardly - Vote AGAINST, at least to force a rewrite of this spoor piece of legislation.

*A loud buzzer wails from beneath Zarquon's desk, and the voice of a game show host announcer begins to raise from all corners of the room as spotlights play in on the Govers Amabassador.*

"Oh, so sorry lad, strong start but a weak finish. But, thanks for playing, "I Know More Than Everyone Else in This Room." and since you obviously don't, please be kind enough to throw yourself out the window, or have one of our lovely ladies do it for you. Remember to have your pets spayed or neutered, and your children circumcised or the WA will set the gnomes on you."
The Great Prophet Zarquon has spoken.

PROUD MEMBER OF ANTARCTIC OASIS
Champion of WA R36: Repeal "Veteran's Reform Act"

Monxcleyr
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Monxcleyr » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 pm

OOC: I couldn't be more disappointed in the WA for passing this. I also agree with Grover's point.

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 am

Thank you to everyone who supported this. Congratulations on passing!
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 am

1. Copy
2. Paste
3. Resubmit!!!
Maybe later.....

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 am

Beldonia wrote:1. Copy
2. Paste
3. Resubmit!!!
Maybe later.....

You forgot one.

4. Have proposal deleted for plagiarism.

Zarquon Froods
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zarquon Froods » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

I do so love a good repeal.
The Great Prophet Zarquon has spoken.

PROUD MEMBER OF ANTARCTIC OASIS
Champion of WA R36: Repeal "Veteran's Reform Act"

Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Beldonia wrote:1. Copy
2. Paste
3. Resubmit!!!
Maybe later.....

You forgot one.

4. Have proposal deleted for plagiarism.

I'm just kidding.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey, Bob! Who won the bidding to detonate the damn thing?

It is gone, right? I figured there would have been a party or something, but everyone here seems disgustingly sober, all things considered.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Mousebumples wrote:Hey, Bob! Who won the bidding to detonate the damn thing?

It is gone, right? I figured there would have been a party or something, but everyone here seems disgustingly sober, all things considered.

I think I saw something exploding away in the night sky, but I don't really remember because as Ambassador from CES, I must partake in monthly "acid-tests" for the betterment of our society.
Mr. Mickey Darke,
Ambassador to the World Assembly from Cool Egg Sandwich

WA Delegate from The Dirty South
Phish phan and Student of History
Member of NatSov 2.0
Author
: GAR #139, GAR #152 (Repeal)

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

I think I saw something exploding away in the night sky, but I don't really remember because as Ambassador from CES, I must partake in monthly "acid-tests" for the betterment of our society.

Minoa (Charlotte Ryberg) has observed that the space station has not been destroyed but I think there are plans to sell it off behind the scenes. That said, the government has put a bid for the detonation if it comes.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:39 pm

The government of CES has reluctantly decided to commit its entire trade surplus of approx $200 billion corn dogs [not sure the conversion in ISD] as a bid, of sorts, for sole usage of the former WASRS facilities.

Rgds.,
Mr. Mickey Darke,

Member of NatSov 2.0
Author

Monxcleyr
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Monxcleyr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 pm

To keep the RP reasonable, you must understand that a space station would have never been built by now. Not only is it a lengthy and complex building procedure. Why would you have repealed it AFTER spending all the money needed to launch numerous vehicles, and have astronauts assemble it. So the repeal would have logically happened before anything was launched, and most likely, because anything was physically made for testing. So bidding on the destruction, or bidding to purchase the unused space station are completely unrealistic.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:The government of CES has reluctantly decided to commit its entire trade surplus of approx $200 billion corn dogs [not sure the conversion in ISD] as a bid, of sorts, for sole usage of the former WASRS facilities.

Rgds.,

We tried bidding for that, and were told that that wasn't allowed by Ambassador Flibble
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 am

Monxcleyr wrote:To keep the RP reasonable, you must understand that a space station would have never been built by now. Not only is it a lengthy and complex building procedure. Why would you have repealed it AFTER spending all the money needed to launch numerous vehicles, and have astronauts assemble it. So the repeal would have logically happened before anything was launched, and most likely, because anything was physically made for testing. So bidding on the destruction, or bidding to purchase the unused space station are completely unrealistic.

OOC: especially as the previous resolution didn't actually give the agency concerned any means of getting anything up into orbit in the first place...

^_^
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:06 am

Sorry for the delay, I had to wait for my crack team of analysts.

*Bob looks over at his team which consists of his PA and his personal chef who are busy hitting on the Thessadorian ambassador*

Let me rephrase that, my cracked team of analysts to finish determining who had the highest bid. Unfortunately, at least for everyone who participated in the auction, the highest bid did not meet the reserve, therefore I get to push the button.

*Bob pulls a remote with a large glowing red button on it from his desk, flips up the button's protective cover and presses it.*

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Darenjo
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:19 pm

The residents of Darenjo are gathered in city squares, using the night as an excuse to party. At the predetermined time, they take out their telescope-glasses and watch in awe as the Death Star blows the WASRS to smithereens. Darenjon air force jets quickly destroy any pieces that reach Darenjon airspace.

An announcement plays over the newscreens that dot the cities of Darenjo:

"To commemorate the destruction of the reviled space station, each resident of Darenjo and all overseas Darenjon citizens are receiving a government gift of 10000 mukhals (5000 ISD)."
Last edited by Darenjo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Eduard looked up at the sky and saw the fireworks of what remained of the Space Research Station.

"Well, that was waste...and.. probably violated GA#63, with the proximity to a celestial body." Eduard said with a frown.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Cdr. Chiang beheld the spectacle of burning debris raining down from the sky and shook her head. "Pretty freaking tame, if you ask me," she opined, to no one in particular. "In the old days, when Cluichstan commanded the Death Star, they would have blown up not only the space station, but all nations that dared oppose its repeal. Where is the untempered malice? The mindless hate? The insane appetite for destruction? Why, when I think of all the good old-fashioned malevolence that has gone from the World Assembly, it just makes me so frustrated and horny, that..." She stopped herself suddenly and cleared her throat. "If y'all will excuse me," she petitioned nervously, "I need to torture Susa for awhile. Call me if there's a war." And she quickly rose and sprinted for the exit.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:45 pm

Unibot II wrote:Eduard looked up at the sky and saw the fireworks of what remained of the Space Research Station.

"Well, that was waste...and.. probably violated GA#63, with the proximity to a celestial body." Eduard said with a frown.

Quite what was I thinking in part, honoured ambassador, but I'm pleased this space research trouble is finally out of the way.

-Ms. S. Harper.

Monxcleyr
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Monxcleyr » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:20 pm

OOC: Again, I must stress, for people who are so into doing realistic roleplay in this game, you must realize how absurd it is to continue to say the station was destroyed. and putting [WASRS DESTROYED] in the thread title is only promoting inaccurate and childish roleplaying. My previous post explains it very clearly, in case you don't know why. I am sure we all want to have a fun and realistic roleplay experience, and something like this really distracts from the immersion and the professional tone.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Monxcleyr wrote:OOC: Again, I must stress, for people who are so into doing realistic roleplay in this game, you must realize how absurd it is to continue to say the station was destroyed. and putting [WASRS DESTROYED] in the thread title is only promoting inaccurate and childish roleplaying. My previous post explains it very clearly, in case you don't know why. I am sure we all want to have a fun and realistic roleplay experience, and something like this really distracts from the immersion and the professional tone.

Oh lighten up. *throws a pie at Monxcleyr*

Darenjo
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Monxcleyr wrote:OOC: Again, I must stress, for people who are so into doing realistic roleplay in this game, you must realize how absurd it is to continue to say the station was destroyed. and putting [WASRS DESTROYED] in the thread title is only promoting inaccurate and childish roleplaying. My previous post explains it very clearly, in case you don't know why. I am sure we all want to have a fun and realistic roleplay experience, and something like this really distracts from the immersion and the professional tone.

OOC: Oh, lighten up. I recently was in a thread where there was a woman who couldn't properly fire a gun (Mrs. Thekenbail). This is the GA. Yes, we try to keep it realistic, but forgive us for having fun.

And I thought that putting "WASRS DESTROYED" in the title was an excellent decision. :p

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Darenjo wrote:

OOC: Oh, lighten up. I recently was in a thread where there was a woman who couldn't properly fire a gun (Mrs. Thekenbail). This is the GA. Yes, we try to keep it realistic, but forgive us for having fun.

And I thought that putting "WASRS DESTROYED" in the title was an excellent decision. :p

OOC: I concur on your excellent choice of pre-title for this thread. Whoever said it wasn't fun to RP about explosions is a silly goose, imho. My Ambassador Mickey Darke loves them, especially after his favorite "cigars."
Mr. Mickey Darke,

Member of NatSov 2.0
Author

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Bridge of the USPS Frickin' Death Star

Sir we have a photon launch from the site of the WA HQ headed toward the space station that inexplicably arrived a few months ago.

"You mean the one that would commit to a course of action only to turn around and completely go in the opposite direction. "

"The same one sir... it appears that the WA is targeting their own station! Direct Hit!!"

"Get us out of here!"

And with with a blip, the Frickin' Death Star disappeared in to the vastness of space.... or did it....
Last edited by Philimbesi on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives