NATION

PASSWORD

Burial of the Seed, Growth of the Rose

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Burial of the Seed, Growth of the Rose

Postby Banchao » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Barcelona, Spanish Territories, Banchao

The tomb was set, there where flowers in place around it and 1 guard at each of the 4 corners. It was a simple casket, mahogany, with a small golden rose detail on the front. And there it lay, open, with the pale but beautiful face if Infanta Diana Goodell. Her tiara was on her head and she was wearing the silver gown her grandmother had worn on her wedding day. A pair of large earrings hung from her ears, like red orbs of life on the sad face. There where rows and rose of pews set up in front of the casket, with a podium for speeches next to it. Aides rushed around, constantly showing their security badges to the many guards that where roaming the tomb, the grounds and most of the city, trying to make sure that everything was perfect. A large white piano was set up behind the casket, ready for the memorial ballad. Prime Minister Jeffery Tolly stood at the doors to the tomb, which where closed, and pushed them open, flooding the tomb with sunlight and a cool breeze. Jeffery pulled his black coat tighter around himself and put on his bowler hat. He stepped out onto the walkway before the Tomb and crunched dried leaves beneath his feet. He looked around at the large black gate that surrounded the grounds, and with a tip of his hat they where opened. Now he stood on the walkway, watching others go in and sit, the ministers of State, Defense and Treasury where one of the first groups to enter, followed by various other politicians and royals. The Prime Minister simply smiled and shook hands, he was waiting for a very important man to arrive, the man would define the future of Banchao.

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Emperor Arathor decided to wear a black military uniform, his gilded epaulets and countless medals adorning his uniform, a white sash covering the torso. He wore this uniform on the death of his mother. Now, he would wear it to the funeral of a gifted young woman. Arathor walked into the tomb, ordering his two guards to remain outside while he attended the service. With him, he had a letter from Lady Olga Shuipova, Lady Speaker of the Imperial Commonwealth, as well as Osthia's delegate to the Commonwealth. He approached Prime Minister Tolly and shook his hand. "I am sorry for you and your people. The Dralien family has gathered and have decided to grant Infanta Diana the honorary title of Grand Duchess of Dartmouth, the provincial capital of Ostharia, while the Grand Duchess shall be given the honorary title of Grand Duchess of Rigastolk."

Inkarzikan
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inkarzikan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:57 pm

President Kinsbough walked in wearing everything in black. He was followed by his fiancée, Victoria Dean-Adams. She was wearing a black dress and was holding flowers. They went up to Emperor Arathor.
"Excuse me, where can we find the ruler of Banchao, or are you the ruler? We heard you were going to be crowned. By the way, I'm Sean Kinsbough, President of Inkarzikan-Sardonia." Victoria walked off and found the casket of the Grand Duchess.
"Mai je ne toughs chankian, Godena Sabrina avec tu'r sperizen" She said to her in Inkarzi, which means May you have the grace of god, with the lord in your spirit. She walked back to Sean, and waited for the funeral to start.
The Union of Inkartsch Monarchist Kingdoms

Inkartschland, Demonym Inkartsch

F7ly, Ink talks with an English accent, and Willy with a Scottish.
F7ly married to Naka
Daemonheart-Brother
CC-Sibling
Aure-Sister
Menassa-Brother
Eli-Brother
Rebby-Sister
Dor- Broter
Tet-Broter.
Stat-Sister
LR-Sista'

February 17, 2011: Never Forget.

[spoiler=Quotes]

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:Hahahaaha Lacky's a grandma!

I am?

Just goes to show my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Biernackia wrote:
Jordsindia wrote:I know, it's America's penis.

Does it mean Florida will be bigger when america gets an erection?

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Prime Minister Tolly shook hands with Emperor Arathor slightly longer then he would have liked. His cheeks where scarlet when he began talking

"Hello sir, it is a meeting to be pleasure you. Er, sorry, it's a pleasure to be meeting you." Prime Minister Tolly wiped his forehead with his hand. "I am sure that Madame Liliana and Miss Diana are smiling down from heaven, on you, your family and your empire."

Prime Minister Tolly called over an aide and whispered into his ear. The aide bowed deeply and ran off. Prime Minister Tolly turned back to the Emperor.

"Sir, if you'll step over here we have some, em, private, matters to discuss." Prime Minister Tolly glanced over his shoulders and led the Emperor around the side of the Tomb, so they where shielded from the public by the tomb itself, and an old Elm tree. When Prime Minister Tolly looked into the Emperor's eyes he was pale and slightly sweaty.

"About your coronation, sir. It's going to happen after the burial, almost immediately. You are going to be led up to the front by an honor guard, where a throne will be placed, and you are to it in it. Then a Priest will come out and sprinkle holy Water over your head, to make you pure of mind. After the head he'll ask you to dip your hands in it, to make them clean of sin. Once you are deemed 'pure' by the Priest, the Highest Commanders of the Army, Navy and Air Force will approach you in the throne, then they will each draw a ceremonial sword and hand it to you, to show they are loyal to you. You should take the swords and hold them in your hand for a moment, then set them down in small, umbrella like, holder next to the throne. The military men will then leave and I will come out, carrying a crown and a ring. I'll stand next to you and place the crown on your head, and first ring on your right hand, ring finger. After that an aid will hand you a crown and ring, equal to yours, and you will put them on me in the same places, to make us equals." Prime Minister Tolly took a deep breath and walked around back to the front of the tomb. He nodded to the President from Inkarzikan-Sardonia and his lady friend before taking back up his post in front of the doors.

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Arathor understood. He had been crowned once before, and he was used to the traditions surrounding coronations. Arathor then approached the casket of Infanta Diana, and laid a single medal on the casket, the Order of St. Christofer the Humane, Arathor's uncle, who had been slain during a peace conference, and he kissed the area where her hand would be were it uncovered, a sign of respect for the dead. He then turned to the man from Inkarzikan, who seemed to be it's President.

"President Kinsbough, an unexpected surprise. I am not yet the ruler, and even when I am crowned, I will leave most of the authority to the Banchaon People, as I will only be Banchao's Acting Grand Duke, until a possible Heir is found."
Last edited by Osthia on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osberg-Thitania
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Osberg-Thitania » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:09 am

Foreing Minister Pietro von Kleitz walked in, bowler hat in hand, wearing a sober black frac as this solem occasion demanded.

He neared Prime Minister Tolly and shaked his hand. "My most sinceres condolences, Prime Minister. The whole people of Osberg-Thitania shares your pain."
Last edited by Osberg-Thitania on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 am

Prime Minister Tolly smiled at the man from Osberg-Thitania. "Thank you."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Prime Minister Tolly glanced at his watch and knew it was time to begin the ceremony. He nodded to a small, round man who was standing at the door then stepped in side the tomb. The man, the Bishop of Barcelona then closed the doors and entered. He waited a few moments for all to be seated then walked slowly up the row of pews, swinging a golden ball holding burning incense in front of him as he walked. When he reached the podium he handed the ball off to a young priest and turned to face the assembled people.

"My fellow men and women of God, I speak today on behalf of Miss Diana Judith Christian Goodell, who was take from us while serving her people. She was at a meeting of men and women from Monarchies around the world when she received word of her mother's tragic death. She immediately left and was about to enter the Royal Helicopter when a man called her name and fired on her, then on the pilot of the plane and then finally himself. Diana will be remembered for her grace and how she held herself in disaster. When her father died she shed no tears, but put on a solemn face and helped her mother run the nation. When her mother was killed she simply got up and came home, to do her job. The man who did so was a messenger of Satan, sent, by the Fallen Angel, to remove the beauty that could fight him. HE was mistaken, for now she is in the grace of God, sitting with her father and mother at the foot of the throne of God. Jesus Christ, in your name we pray, amen." The Bishop bowed his head and crossed his heart, then spoke again. "And now, here is the memorial ballad for Diana Judith Christian Goodell." He nodded his head towards the large piano.

Seated at the piano was Prime Minister Tolly, who had changed from his black suit and pants to a baby blue suit with a white undershirt and white pants. He had his famous bowler hat on his head and his hands ready on the piano. He looked around, nodded to himself and began to play, a song he had written for Diana hours ago. It was a slow song, and ended abruptly to emphasis Diana quick death. Then he stood and bowed to the crowd before walking into a small room to the right of the Piano.

On Prime Minister Tolly's leave 16 Royal Guards, in light blue uniforms, marched to the front of the Tomb. Four aides carried in a large golden throne and set it next to the podium. The 16 Royal Guards made two columns on ether side of the throne, 8 on each side and drew their swords, crossing with the man across from them. Emperor Arathor I was led to them by an aide, who told Arathor to walk between the columns to the throne. As Arathor walked by the Guards raised their swords to let him pass, then once he he was seated, they put away their swords and marched off, forming a single row behind the throne. The Bishop of Barcelona walked up the throne, and stood on the right side. He reached over into a large stone basin and sprinkled the contents, Holy Water, onto Arathor's head. He then crossed Arathor's chest and took a small gold goblet from a young priest and filled it with Holy Water. The Bishop kneeled at Arathor's feet and put Arathor's hands into the goblet. The Bishop crossed Arathor's chest again and left.

On the Bishop's leave the Commanders of the Army, Navy and Air Force emerged, in their red, blue and green uniforms with swords at their side, from a small door to the left of the throne. The men made a line on the left side of the Throne. The Army commander drew his sword and handed it to Arathor, saying "I pledge my life to you.". The Navy commander did the same, followed by the Air force Commander. The Commanders bowed and stood between the throne and the Royal Guard.

Finally Prime Minister Tolly came out of the door he had exited from, this time in a dark blue suit with black pants. He strode over to the Right of the throne, carrying a crown and a ring, and stood an arms distance from Arathor. Prime Minister Tolly took the crown and put it on Arathor's head, and then he slid the ring onto Arathor's right ring finger. And aide brought out another ring, and handed it to Arathor. Prime Minister Tolly held out his hand and Arathor slid it onto Tolly's right ring finger. The Bishop of Barcelona emerged again and turned to the crowd and spoke. "By the power vested in me by the Lord, Jesus Christ our Savior, I declare Arathor Dralien I of Osthia Acting Grand Duke of Banchao. He now has the power of the Grand Duke of Banchao, a title separate of his role as Emperor of Osthia."

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 pm

After he was crowned, Arathor stood and bowed to the people in the tomb. "My...my People. As you know, Banchao was cruelly insulted, as were the Grand Duchess and Infanta, God rest their souls. Russame has shown no courtesy, and so, I now ask that you all will authorize a state of war to exist between Banchao and Russame."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Prime Minister Tolly glanced around quickly and whispered into Arathor's ear. "Sir, I think we should not bring up war here, let us go to the Royal Palace and discuss it there. People aren't to keen on the subject right now." Tolly looked at the sad, wet faces that where seated in front of him "It'd be torture to make them think of war now."

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Banchao wrote:Prime Minister Tolly glanced around quickly and whispered into Arathor's ear. "Sir, I think we should not bring up war here, let us go to the Royal Palace and discuss it there. People aren't to keen on the subject right now." Tolly looked at the sad, wet faces that where seated in front of him "It'd be torture to make them think of war now."

"Of course, Mr. Tolly." Arathor bowed once again to the mourners and to the Infanta before he followed the Prime Minister out if the place of sadness.

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Prime Minister Tolly cast a weary smile to the assembled people, tipped his famous bowler hat and led the Grand Duke out of the Tomb and towards a large Black limousine. Prime Minister Tolly opened the door and slid in after the Grand Duke. They rode in silence to the Royal Palace, which was a mere 4 blocks from the tomb. Prime Minister Tolly got out first and led the way into the Palace, pointing out special rooms and key staff along the way. They finally reached a large oak door at the end of a long hallway, the Grand Duke's Sitting room. Two guards opened the doors and Prime Minister Tolly walked in, looking around at the desk, tables, chairs, paintings and sofa in the large room. As Prime Minister Tolly sank into the sofa the doors where closed and he waited for the Grand Duke to speak first.

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:42 pm

"I must apologize for my hastiness back there. I saw the Infanta and immediately the insults came flooding back. I couldn't hold it back."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:46 pm

"It is quite alright, I was fighting the temptation also. I snapped on an aide in the back room, I was so stressed about it. But now, we must make plans."

Osberg-Thitania
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Osberg-Thitania » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Von Kleitz was shocked for the words of Grand Duke Arathor. He had read the reports about the diplomatic crisis that the ruler of Russane has provoked with his rude declarations, but he didn´t imagined that the crisis was going to develop into a war.
Quen Erika has sended him to Banchao with a clear mission: break Osberg-Thitania diplomatic isolation, stablish friendly relations with Banchao and his Osthian new ruler, and if possible, form an alliance. Now this alliance would possibly imply enter in a war at Banchao´s side.
"Such a complex situation", Von Kleitz mused to himself as Arathor and Tolly exited the church.

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Prime Minister Tolly had waited long enough. "Let me cut to the chase, Russame needs to be taught a lesson. We need to go to war. I know Osthia is already at war, now it's time to bring in Banchao to the fight. I've alerted two alliances of Banchao's and nether have gotten back to me. We must act now."

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:43 pm

"I must agree. How will the public respond? We must put as much focus on the hone front as well as the enemy lines."

Inkarzikan
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inkarzikan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Sean and Victoria were both lightly crying. It was part of Inkarzi-Sardonian Protocol, initiated after the Infanta was assassinated. He left the church, Victoria still crying, got on a helicopter and headed back to Inkarzikan.
"Time to deal with this war."
The Union of Inkartsch Monarchist Kingdoms

Inkartschland, Demonym Inkartsch

F7ly, Ink talks with an English accent, and Willy with a Scottish.
F7ly married to Naka
Daemonheart-Brother
CC-Sibling
Aure-Sister
Menassa-Brother
Eli-Brother
Rebby-Sister
Dor- Broter
Tet-Broter.
Stat-Sister
LR-Sista'

February 17, 2011: Never Forget.

[spoiler=Quotes]

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:Hahahaaha Lacky's a grandma!

I am?

Just goes to show my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Biernackia wrote:
Jordsindia wrote:I know, it's America's penis.

Does it mean Florida will be bigger when america gets an erection?

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:54 pm

"I've polled Parliament, my cabinet, the city of Madrid and Bordeaux and they all seem to agree with the idea. The people of Lisbon have already formed a sort of militia and are waiting for orders from you. The Provincial Governors are on board with war also, they pledged their armies to the cause. It is time to act."
Last edited by Banchao on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm

"I have sent one last ultimatum to somewhat calm this international storm. If Russame does not take, it will come to war."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Prime Minister Tolly clasped his bowler hat in his hand very tightly, they where waiting for a response to would decided the fate of Banchao. "If, when, this war happens it will be the first armed conflict for Banchao since the Iraqi war in the early 2000s." Tolly was very fretful now and blurted out that random fact. "I'm sorry sir, I'm very nervous. This has gone from a small attack to full out war very quickly."

Osthia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

"I have sent Petrov another message. If he says that he won't have negotiations, it will put us in the right. Until then, please give the order to prepare Banchao's army. There is nothing to fear. God is with us."

Banchao
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Banchao » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:16 pm

A broad smile broke out across Prime Minister Tolly's face. "Right away sir!" the Prime Minister got, bowed and ran out of the sitting room. He took a secret underground passage and came out a block from his office. He ran in and quickly got a phone. "Hello, this is Prime Minister Tolly. Jack, prepare for war."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents