NATION

PASSWORD

G-20 NS. -Global 20 Economies.

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:Conventional Long Official Name : The Kingdom of Grays Harbor

Conventional Short Official Name: Grays Harbor or The Kingdom. Generally the former is used by foreign nationals, the latter by harberians.

National Background - Short Overview of Nation: (economic, foreign relation, and short history)
A very strong economy ("frightening", to some), we believe in international trade as the lifeblood and backbone of any economically successful nation. International trade has been and will continue to be one of our top priorities. In the matter of foreign relations, nations friendly to us see considerable benefit to that state of affairs in the form of trade, economic aid and military aid. Those unfriendly to us find themselves frozen out of otherwise lucrative markets.

Geography : (short geographical description)
A large and varied ecology best describes our nation, ranging from mountains, plains and coastlines of differing climates.

Official Government Type : Monarchy

International Organisation Participation : (any organisation and alliance affiliated with the nation)
We tend to shy away from formal military alliances as it has been and continues to be our governments policy to keep our options open. This does not mean we do not or will not come to the immediate aid of those nations friendly to us, or in defense of our legitimate international trade. We do have a significant number of bilateral trade agreements, however, as international trade and mercantilism is the driving force of our nation.

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) : (the role-play overview of your national GDP, with reference and proof to every details and explanation to every claim)
varies according to source:
Crowns 411,567,063,397,560.06
Crowns 418,983,034,944,813.25

GDP per Capita (Average Income of Citizen) : (the role-play overview of your national GDP per capita, with reference and proof to every details and explanation to every claim)
Varies according to source: Crowns 28,448.68 to 28,961.29

Well-known and Prestigious Corporation(s) in NationStates : (your storefront's short overview and description, with reference and proof to every details and claims made)
Schaeffer Aeronautics provides both civil and military aircraft for all needs.

Name of Finance Minister (or affiliated Head of Finance Department) : Finance Minister - Count Gerhard Folkstein
Name of Representative : Lord Thomas Green-Simmons

To : All Members of the G-20 Global Major Economies of NationStates GE&T

Voting Session - Internal Council Application Voting Result Update - The Kingdom of Grays Harbor - Application for Internal Council Membership.

So far Four "Aye's" - Yohannes, Holy Roman Confederate, East Klent, Machina Haruspex

Zero "Nay's"

A Minimum of five "Aye" = acceptance
A Maximum of five "Nay" = rejection
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Machina Haruspex » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Imperial Seal of the Emperor
The Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex

Ministry of Diplomatic Affairs

Addressed To: G-20
Subject: Internal Council

We have deliberated with the Council of Nine, as well as foreign advisors and have come to the decision to vote for the admission of The Kingdom of Greys Harbor to the internal council.
Ranked 100th in the world for Economic Output
Ranked 115th in the world for Safety
Marshite Military Assessment: VI

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Minoa expresses her interest in joining the economic forum. Please inform Marian Chantress when the application is open. Thank you.

Ooc : Addressed via TG ;)
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Office of Lisa Donovan
Bergnovinaian Representative to the G-20 Summit

To: G-20 Application Pannel
RE: Applciation of The Kingdom of Grays Harbor and future application of Charlotte Ryberg
Subject: Our stance on applications

Dear sir(s) and madam(s),

Despite the Kingdom of Grays Harbor already achieving the necessary number of votes in favour of their application, we would like it to be known that with little hestitation does Bergnovinaia also cast an aye vote for said applicant. We are glad to see another big WA player being admitted to this council.

Concerning Charlotte Ryberg, let it be known that the Bergnovinaian delegation also wises to cast an aye vote. This vote primarily comes from the influence of Bergnovinaia's WA ambassadors and resolution drafters and their admiration of Charlotte Ryberg's Mrs. Sara Harper.

Yours truly,
Lisa Donovan
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:32 pm

OOC: What would it require for me to become an internal council member?
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:OOC: What would it require for me to become an internal council member?

Well, all you need to do is apply. Just to note however, the internal council is a position with responsibilities, and really, it all depended on the votes of the current members. :)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 am

To : All members of the G-20 Global Major Economies of NationStates GE&T regarding Grays Harbor

Voting session ends

Result : Yohannes, Holy Roman Confederate, East Klent, Machina Haruspex, and Bergnovinaia voted "Aye"

A total of five "aye" needed to join the G-20 NS GE&T

Grays Harbor, welcome to the G-20 NS. Global Major Economies of NationStates GE&T

You are now an official part of this organisation, and hereof acquire the right to post in this organisation as deemed whenever you wished for.

Congratulation.

We will update your status under the member list soon.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 am

The People and Senate of the Quendi votes Aye on Charlotte Ryberg in recognition of this nation's great say in world economy through the Ryberg Institute as well as in general venerance of the countries of Minoa and Charlotte Islands.

OOC: Are you danish Charlotte Ryberg?

OOC2: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am busy fighting a war against a really large nation.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:58 am

Of the Quendi wrote:The People and Senate of the Quendi votes Aye on Charlotte Ryberg in recognition of this nation's great say in world economy through the Ryberg Institute as well as in general venerance of the countries of Minoa and Charlotte Islands.

OOC: Are you danish Charlotte Ryberg?

OOC2: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am busy fighting a war against a really large nation.

OOC2 : Its okay, just relax Quendi. This is not one of those "hard-out-you-must-post-or-you-are-useless" type of thing. We respect everyone within this group, and we are all equal, with each of us being a major player in their own respective branches one way or another. ;)

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2005

Postby Machina Haruspex » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:31 am

Imperial Seal of the Emperor
The Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex

Ministry of Diplomatic Affairs

In terms of who might be best for the internal council, we are interested to see what the recent approved member of said council has to say in this regards. Who might The Kingdom of Greys Harbor reflect upon whom would be ideal to serve upon afore mentioned council, and in turn serve the whole of the G-20.
Ranked 100th in the world for Economic Output
Ranked 115th in the world for Safety
Marshite Military Assessment: VI

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 am

Yes, to both Grey's Harbour and Charlotte Ryberg.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 am

While we may frequently disagree with the Minoans politically in the General Assembly, we believe they are indeed level-headed enough to provide benefit to this economic council, and would vote in favour of their membership.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:15 am

Machina Haruspex wrote: Addressed To: G-20

In terms of who might be best for the internal council, we are interested to see what the recent approved member of said council has to say in this regards. Who might The Kingdom of Greys Harbor reflect upon whom would be ideal to serve upon afore mentioned council, and in turn serve the whole of the G-20.

Addressed To: Machina Haruspex

Our thoughts on this matter are currently under consideration. We are working on some initial criteria as to membership in the Internal Council.

1.) Size Matters Little
A nations size has less to do with their economic power and political accumen than does their actual ability. A small nation with wise leadership and a strong economy, therefore, would be of more value to us here than a large nation with self-centered morons leading them, or a huge nation with a barely viable economy. We believe that should go without saying.
2.) Willing To Trade
A nation can have the best economy going, but if they are unwilling to trade, to export their goods and services, and to permit the importation of other goods and services, then they are of little use to us.
3.) Stable Currency
A common misconception is that "stable" equates with "high value". That is often not the case. A currency that trades at 150 (whatever) to 1 Crown, and remains like that is much more desireable than a currency that flucuates wildly between 1 and 5 to 1 Crown on a daily basis. Unstable currencies make trade more difficult, and as such we would either prefer to avoid them or offer to help stabilize their currency. Which they choose is up to them.
4.) Willingness to Work
A nation can have the biggest baddest strongest economy going, but id they are unwilling to step up and work with other nations, then they are of little use to us.
5.) Willingness to Accept
A nation of a particular political ideology, any ideology, that has a strong economy and trade, but is unwilling to trade or work with any other ideology is useless to us. At firsdt glance, our membership here so far is rather diverse as to political ideologies, but we appear to share a common cause of promoting economic stability and prosperity. That is what is required, not political hacks who would rather spout their political diatribes or declare war at the drop of a hat.

It is not our goal to make this economic council some exclusive "gentlemans club", but an active and viable economic power which can influence and guide all nations to economic prosperity. The Internal Council and G20 as a whole should be the beacons, the guiding stars, for any nation wishing to become more involved in international trade to the benefit of all.

In other words, governments with a bit of economic common sense is who we seek.

Lord Thomas Green-Simmons
Ambassador to the G20

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:47 am

Subject: Shameless Plug for the Harberian IPU Stamp Issue

As a personal favour, His Majesty, on behalf of the Royal Posts, has requested I make the following request to fellow members of the G20 that they, if they have not already done so, please add their permission to have their nation and flag included on an upcoming Postal issue by the Grays Harbor Royal Posts celebrating the first anniversary of passage of the International Postal Union resolution in the World Assembly. Membership in the WA is not a requirement for inclusion as it is our belief that efficient and timely delivery of mail between nations is of concern to everybody, not only to WA members.

LINK

Thank you
Ambassador to the G20

Not Ta'veren

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:23 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Machina Haruspex wrote: Addressed To: G-20

Addressed To: Machina Haruspex

Our thoughts on this matter are currently under consideration. We are working on some initial criteria as to membership in the Internal Council.

1.) Size Matters Little
A nations size has less to do with their economic power and political accumen than does their actual ability. A small nation with wise leadership and a strong economy, therefore, would be of more value to us here than a large nation with self-centered morons leading them, or a huge nation with a barely viable economy. We believe that should go without saying.
2.) Willing To Trade
A nation can have the best economy going, but if they are unwilling to trade, to export their goods and services, and to permit the importation of other goods and services, then they are of little use to us.
3.) Stable Currency
A common misconception is that "stable" equates with "high value". That is often not the case. A currency that trades at 150 (whatever) to 1 Crown, and remains like that is much more desireable than a currency that flucuates wildly between 1 and 5 to 1 Crown on a daily basis. Unstable currencies make trade more difficult, and as such we would either prefer to avoid them or offer to help stabilize their currency. Which they choose is up to them.
4.) Willingness to Work
A nation can have the biggest baddest strongest economy going, but id they are unwilling to step up and work with other nations, then they are of little use to us.
5.) Willingness to Accept
A nation of a particular political ideology, any ideology, that has a strong economy and trade, but is unwilling to trade or work with any other ideology is useless to us. At firsdt glance, our membership here so far is rather diverse as to political ideologies, but we appear to share a common cause of promoting economic stability and prosperity. That is what is required, not political hacks who would rather spout their political diatribes or declare war at the drop of a hat.

It is not our goal to make this economic council some exclusive "gentlemans club", but an active and viable economic power which can influence and guide all nations to economic prosperity. The Internal Council and G20 as a whole should be the beacons, the guiding stars, for any nation wishing to become more involved in international trade to the benefit of all.

In other words, governments with a bit of economic common sense is who we seek.

Ambassador to the G20

Damn it. I fit four out of five.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:33 am

Chancellor John Smith expected to shortlist the following people:
- Traudl Humps-Medea, with no relation or link whatsoever to Adolf Hitler's youngest personal private secretary of similar name: she is the personal finance secretary to the Minoan Seigneur Antje, at the age of 26. She has a Honours Degree in Accounting and Economics from the Corinth University.
- Mia Mavros-Anthes, Senior adviser to Conservative Chancellor John Smith, age 36. She has a Honours Degree in Accounting and Law from the University of Izmir, now the Harbour University of Yauna.

Minoa does not mind trading with nations of any ideology subject to the limitations of Section 86 of the Charter of Minoa and standing EEA and UN sanctions. The Official Government Type is a constitutional monarchy although it holds no official ideology.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 am

To: G-20 Application Panel

Greetings,

As representative to the G-20 for East Klent and on behalf of East Klent, I would like to congratulate the Kingdom of Grays Harbor Upon their acceptation into the G-20 and hope their membership is beneficial to them and the organization. Also, I vote in favor of the application of Minoa and I am glad to see that our fellow RIMT member nation applied for the position.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Benjamin Thomas Mason,
East Klent's Representative to the G-20.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:OOC: What would it require for me to become an internal council member?

Well, all you need to do is apply. Just to note however, the internal council is a position with responsibilities, and really, it all depended on the votes of the current members. :)

What responabilites exactly...?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

What responabilites exactly...?

Well, there is always making sure the coffeepot has fresh coffee....

Not Ta'veren

Holy Roman Confederate
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Roman Confederate » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:42 pm

In the matter of the application of Minoa it is our pleasure to cast our vote of "Aye". Furthermore, the HRC wishes to welcome the esteemed nation of Gray's Harbor to the G-20.

Dr. Fletcher Chase
G-20 Delegate
Holy Roman Confederate
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=78531
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79073&p=3753933#p3753933

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Ooc : Okay, so Charlotte Ryberg is now in. We need to nominate at least one person to be one of the internal council, any of you guys that feels like more than qualified to be a part of the internal council please post your nomination.

Cheers

Reformed Britannia
Senator

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Reformed Britannia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Due to recent developments, the Imperial Federation must resign from the G-20. We hope this does not impact our relations with any of the nations involved.

THE PEOPLE'S CONFEDERATION OF LEUTLAND
FORWARD, FOR THE GLORIOUS CAUSE!

IIWiki Factbook

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Reformed Britannia wrote:Due to recent developments, the Imperial Federation must resign from the G-20. We hope this does not impact our relations with any of the nations involved.

No, it shall not. The resignation has been noticed, and the name of Reformed Britannia shall be removed from the list.

-Representative of Yohannes-

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 pm

To : All members of the G-20 Global Major Economies of NationStates GE&T regarding Charlotte Ryberg

Voting session ends

Result : Holy Roman Confederate, Grays harbor, East Klent, Machina Haruspex, and Tagmatium voted "Aye"

A total of five "aye" needed to join the G-20 NS GE&T

Charlotte Ryberg, welcome to the G-20 NS. Global Major Economies of NationStates GE&T

You are now an official part of this organisation, and hereof acquire the right to post in this organisation as deemed whenever you wished for.

Congratulation.

We will update your status under the member list soon.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noordeinde
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordeinde » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

(ooc: On special request of Yohannes =) Noordeinde is currently involved in a biletaral meeting with South Kirkcaldy's Prime Minister. This is the link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82216 )
I'm gay, for gay rights, and I don't care what you think, its my life. If you support gay rights put this in your signature.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade