NATION

PASSWORD

Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Roman Confederate
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Roman Confederate » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 am

The HRC wishes to place on order 7 Cheekesau SSBN's. A check of our nations defense budget will reflect it is within our budgetary means.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=78531
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79073&p=3753933#p3753933

Dewhurst-Narculis
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dewhurst-Narculis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:45 am

The NDCCPL would wish to order two of the following, if you do custom orders,

Displacement ----933 t
Length-------------57.85m
Beam--------------10.6m
Hoped passenger capacity will be 50

we are looking to buy a few(2+) for colonial sloops

plus maybe

Displacement-----360 t
Length-------------41.76m
Beam---------------6m
Draft---------------2.86m
Hoped passenger capacity is to be 25

We request that the above ships should be able to reach 21knots
Last edited by Dewhurst-Narculis on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PT/MT Nation
Death is the only Absolute
The Grand Duchy of Dewhurst-Narculis
|Monarchist Nation| DEFCON [3] [2][1]
Coveton Crisis 1828-Mutual victory
Quendisphere War 2010-Resolved

1st Great Southern War 1898
2nd Great Southern War 1925
3rd Great Southern War 1942-1944
4th Great Southern War 1983
Dewhurst-Narculian- Theaman War 2010
Okhotsk Conflict 2012-2013
2nd Cedorian-Gilnean War-2014 ^All Won

North Vasangal Uprising-2014-(Ongoing)
Dervistonian War-2014-(Ongoing)
One of the the original founders of: SEC, Axis, SACTO and the Great Southern Ocean Region| Nine Years and no Condemnation/Commendation, what is this?

Aquilinia
Senator

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 am

Assassin Empire of Aquilinia, Council of Defence
High Command of the Imperial Navy

To: Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation
From: Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson, Councillor of Defence, First Lord of the Admiralty
Subj.: Order of several Auxiliary Ships

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corp,
after reviewing your offers, the Council of Defence has decided to place an order for two John-Sheppard-Class Prepositioning Ships and one Muscovy-Class Supertanker, to be used as Auxiliary Ships supporting our Navy. Should we be satisfied by the performance of these ships, we might consider further business with your company.
Sincerely,
Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson
Etat Liber Aquilini - Freistaat Aquilinien - Free State of Aquilinia
Libertas et Unitas - Freiheit und Einheit - Freedom and Unity

Empress: Lucille II of the House of Silvanus Aquili
Consul: Dr. Zoé Metelli

Proud member of Esvanovia
Formerly of Sondria

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:35 pm

The Republic wishes to purchase the DPR for the John Sheppard Class Class Prepositioning Ship. We believe that the total will be 600 Billion USD, which we can wire immediately.

We thank you in advance.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 am

TO: Philadelphia Shipbuilding Company

The Imperila Republican Defense Forces, IRDF, wish to purchase 6 Capot's Peak Class Amphibious Landing Ships. This purchase should amount to 34.8 Billion NSD.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:39 pm

To: Holy Roman Confederate

We have received your request for 7 Cheeseekau Class Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines, and are pleased to announce that your request has been approved, at the total cost of $19.6 Billion. We will begin immediate production of the submarines, and anticipate that, provided you keep up your payments, all seven vessels will be completed within 2 years. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

To: Dewhurst-Narculis

We have received your request, and are sorry to inform you that, due to a confidentiality agreement signed by all of our contributing Shipyards, we are unable to provide any vessels other than those present in our catalog. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them.

To:Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson, Councillor of Defense, First Lord of the Admiralty

We have received your request for 2 John Sheppard Class Prepositioning Ships and a single Muscovy Class Ultra-Large Crude Carrier. We are pleased to announce that your request has been approved, and we anticipate that, barring no major production issues, all 3 ships will be completed by the end of the year. If you have any further requests or queries, feel free to lodge them and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

To: The Republic of United Gordonopia

We have received your request for a Domestic Production Line to the John Sheppard Class Pre-positioning Ship, at the stated price of $600 billion. Upon receipt of the payment, we will immediately transfer all relevant materials and documentation for you to begin production of your ships. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

To: Imperial Republican Defense Forces, Aldarminia

We have received your request for six Cabots Peak Class Amphibious Assault Landing Ships, and are pleased to announce that your request has been approved. We anticipate, that, barring no major issues during Production, all 6 vessels will be completed within 3 years. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.
Last edited by United States of PA on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Holy Roman Confederate
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Roman Confederate » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Funds wired
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=78531
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79073&p=3753933#p3753933

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 pm

The funds will be wired immediately.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 pm

All necessary funds have been wired to the Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Finnian Bastada
Diplomat

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Finnian Bastada » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:03 pm

The Finnian Navy wishes to purchase the following Vessels from Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation:
12 John Sheppard Class Prepositioning Ships-$ 7.2 billion NSD
10 Muscovy Class Supertankers-$ 3.2 billion NSD
for a total of $10.4 billion NSD
sincerely,
Col. James Patrick Ryan Ret.
President Ranger Solutions PMC
Minister of Defense
Knight of the order of Saint Patrick

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:20 am

The Navy of the Free Republic of Lamoni is interested in purchasing more of your equipment. To this end, we are interested in purchasing the following equipment:

DPRx Muscovy Class Supertanker (3,200,000,000,000 standard dollars)
DPRx John Sheppard Class Prepositioning Ship (6,000,000,000,000 standard dollars)

The total for this order comes to 9,200,000,000,000 standard dollars. We would like to pay two annual payments of 5,000,000,000,000 standard dollars for the order. Please use the excess in whatever fashion that you wish, with our compliments.

Signed,

Andrew Stinson
President
Free Republic of Lamoni
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:24 am

To: Finnian Bastada

We have received your request for 12 Sheppard Class Prepositioning Ships and 10 Muscovy Class Ultra Large Crude Carriers, and are pleased to announce that your order has been approved. We anticipate that, barring no construction issues, all 22 ships will be completed within 2 years. We hope that these ships serve you well. If you have any further queries or requests ,feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

To: The Free Republic of Lamonie

We have received your request to a domestic production right to the Muscovy Class Ultra Large Crude Carrier and the John Sheppard class Pre-positioning Vessel, and are pleased to announce that they have been both approved. However, we notice that your accountants have made a error. They seem to have erroneously added a extra zero onto the cost of each vessels Production Rights. The Total comes to $920bn total, not $9.2tn. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed friends.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Finnian Bastada
Diplomat

Postby Finnian Bastada » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 am

The Finnian Navy is happy to hear back from you so quickly and we are thrilled our order of 12 Sheppard Class Prepositioning Ships and 10 Muscovy Class Ultra Large Crude Carriers has been approved. The amount of $10.4 billion NSD has been wired to your account. May God Bless our two great nations.

sincerely,
Col. James Patrick Ryan Ret.
President Ranger Solutions PMC
Minister of Defense
Knight of the order of Saint Patrick

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:39 am

Mk84 Lightweight Advanced Anti-Submarine Torpedo (LAAST)

Role: Lightweight Anti-submarine Torpedo
Length: 3m
Diameter: 324mm
Weight: 370kg
Guidance/Target Aquisition:
PEC-9-327 Active/Passive Sonar
Propulsion:
Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS) with Pumpjet
Depth: < 550m
Speed: 15 knots slow; 60 knots fast
Range: 20km @ 15 knots, 2.5km @ 60 knots
Warhead: 50kg
Cost: $950,000

The Mk84 Lightweight Advanced Anti-Submarine Torpedo was a venture by the Pennsylvanian Navy to find a advanced torpedo replacement for the Venerable Mk50 in use. The reason for this replacement was due to a lack of range compared to what the Pennsylvanian Navy was expecting to be engaging at, as well as a lack of speed. The result ended in the Mk84LAAST, a torpedo with the same diameter as the Mk50, 324mm, but with a somewhat downsized PEC-9 Sonar also found on the Mk80 Heavyweight Torpedo, also in use. The result was a very accurate and deadly torpedo used for Surface launch from Destroyers, Frigates, and, if so equipped, Cruisers, either from Torpedo Tubes or Vertical Launch Tubes if equipped with a booster.

The torpedo's Stored Chemical Energy Propulsion System (SCEPS) uses a small tank of sulfur hexafluoride gas which is sprayed over a block of solidlithium, which generates enormous quantities of heat, in turn used to generate steam from seawater. The steam propels the torpedo in a closed Rankine cycle, supplying power to a pump-jet.

The PEC-9-327 Sonar Found on the Mk84LAAST creates a very deadly, very advanced torpedo in nearly any environment, from Littoral to Blue Waters locations. While the warhead itself is small compared to large torpedoes, it is still lethal enough to at the very least cripple most submarines. Its speed also allows it to outrun any submarine known to be in existence.
Last edited by United States of PA on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:42 am

AGM-233 Long Range Joint Standoff Missile (LRJSM)

Role: Standoff Missile
Length: 5m
Diameter: 390mm
Weight: ~550kg
Guidance/Target Aquisition:
Global Positioning System, Laser Beam, Active Radar, Passive Radar, IIR
Propulsion:
Teledyne CAE J402-CA-100 turbojet; thrust 3.0 kN (680 lbf)
Speed: Subsonic
Range: Up to 550km
Warhead: Variant Dependent
Cost: $800,000 per missile

The AGM-233 Long Range Joint Standoff Missile (LRJSM) was designed as a replacement for the AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW) by something more suited to what the Pennsylvanian Air Force, Naval and Marine Aviation anticipated that its Air Units would end up engaging. The result would eventually be named the AGM-233 Long Range Joint Standoff Missile, due to the fact that all 3 branches that operated Combat Aircraft, the Pennsylvanian Marine Corps, the Pennsylvanian Navy, and the Pennsylvanian Air Force had decided to buy the AGM-233 for use with their aircraft.

Each variant of the missile is power by a Teledyne CAE J402-CA-100 turbojet, putting out 3kN of thrust. The choice to power each variant of the missile was to allow for a much increased maximum range over a solely glide powered version. The different variants are as follows.

AGM-233A- 40kg High Explosive Warhead, the standard variant of the missile.
AGM-233B- 165 Combined Effects Bomb Sub munitions, This version of the missile is to allow for a “mini-carpet bombing” of the target area, using the Sub munitions in a area effect dispersal pattern.
AGM-233C- 60kg BROACH warhead, used for Runway cratering or hitting forward command bunkers.
AGM-233D- 36 Sensor Fuzed Anti-Tank Weapons, designed for use against Armored Formations.
AGM-233R- 24 Submunitions designed for cratering enemy runways.
AGM-233S- AGM-233A modified with Low Radar Cross Section Features, intended to allow the missile to penetrate Air Defense Systems to engage its target.

Each version of the missile can use each type of guidance system available. The Guidance package must be fitted to the nose of the missile before each missile. Each missile is produced without the Guidance package, which is connected prior to use, allowing for the missile itself to use any guidance package, all it needs to do is be connected and synced with the Aircrafts Targeting Systems or have the GPS Coordinate for the target input. This allows for the missile to act in nearly every role that it might be required to, from Hardened Bunker attacks, to runway cratering, to Anti-Shipping Attacks to attacks on Advancing Armor and Infantry Formations.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 am

James Lawrence Class Aircraft Carrier Refueling and Complex Overhaul

Propulsion/Stats:
(4) A1B Nuclear Reactors
(4) Steam Turbines
(4) Fixed-pitch propellers 640,000 Shp
Max Speed: 34.6 knots Flank
Size
241,179 Tons Standard
410m Long (Waterline)
430m Long (Flight Deck)
90m Beam (Flight Deck)
53m Beam (Waterline)
16m Draft
Armament
(64) Mk.50 VLS Cells
(12) Mk.78 Launchers, totaling 252 PDMs
(8) CIWS Mounts
Aircraft
Up to 95 aircraft and Helicopters (Max Combat Useful load)
Sensors
PEI 9940 Multipurpose Long Range Radar
SPQ-9B fire control radar
6 × SPN-46 air traffic control radars
SPN-43C air traffic control radar
SPN-41 instrument landing system radar

Crew: 2,890 Ships Company, 2,597 Air Crew, 5,487 Total
Price: 9.8 Billion USD

The James Lawrence Class Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier (CVN) was a program that started in the 1990s to replace the than aging Nuclear and Conventionally powered Aircraft Carriers than in service with the Pennsylvanian Navy.

The First James Lawrence Class Vessel rolled off of the slipway and into the water at the Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporations Philadelphia yard, and into history, in May of 1991. It was the largest ship ever to be commissioned by the Pennsylvanian Navy, the most powerful, and one of the most expensive.

Despite this, the ship, as would be expected, had a multitude of issues with its design that could only be fixed by extended time in a Dry Dock. However, due to the large scale production required to replace the Carriers than in use that were reaching obsolescence every day. As a result, the majority of the James Lawrence Class Aircraft Carriers were produced without many of the prime issues being corrected.

Despite this, the James Lawrence Class remained a highly combat capable class of Aircraft carrier, and by 2013, the first dozen ships were approaching their time for Refueling, and, as such, it was decided that the Refueling would also encompass a Complex Overhaul, resulting in a major redesign of the entire carrier.

Combat Information Control

The Combat Information Control Room, or CIC, is the heart and soul of any combat ship, taking in and processing all information received by the ships own Radars, and that of friendly aircraft and ships, compiling a map of the battle space, and organizing it, directing combat units to intercepts.

In the original design of the James Lawrence Class Aircraft Carrier, the CIC was found to be a little too small for the applications the Carrier found itself being used in. As a result, during the Lawrence’s Complex Overhaul, a bulge was added to the side of the hull in the location where the CIC was located. While it created a noticeable indicator as to the exact location of the Combat Information Center within the vessels hull, it also allowed for a distinct increase in size of the CIC, increasing the load that it could take, and the total amount of room in it.

This increase in size resulted in greater computing power for the various systems encompassed within the CIC, increasing the combat efficiency of the vessel.

Flight Deck and Related Systems

The Lawrence’s Flight deck is extremely large, easily taking up more than two and a half times the total area of a single floor at the vessels waterline. Located on this flight deck at 6 Catapults, 3 on the Bow, and 3 on the outboard side of the flight deck opposite the Island pointing to sea. Each of the half dozen aircraft catapults are each of a Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS), designed by the United States of America for use on its Gerald R Ford Class Supercarrier.

The Choice to use a EMALs over a Steam Catapult was the fact that a EMALS could control the launch of a aircraft more accurately, as well as being more able to be working into a Ramp, further reducing the energy and speed needed to get a aircraft airborne.

They also require less maintenance and manpower, takes up less space, and weighs less than a contemporary steam catapult. In addition, a EMALS Catapult is less likely to fail, do not require any steam to operate it, resulting in less energy needed to achieve more than 100Megajoules of energy. For comparison, a steam Catapult aboard the USS Nimitz requires 614kg of Steam to achieve 95Megajoules. The EMALS Catapult used by the Gerald R Ford Class for comparison, does not require the 614kg of Steam, and achieves 122Megajoules.

The three Catapults on the bow of the carrier are arranged in a fashion not to dissimilar from that of Contemporary American Supercarriers, but with more space added between the two and a third running down the middle of them. Two of the three outboard catapults are located running parallel to the landing runway, with enough clearance that a landing aircraft can land with a reasonable amount of safety and surety of not hitting one of the aircraft waiting to launch. The final outboard catapult is located at a steeper angle, while still maintaining enough space to allow a aircraft to be parked on the Catapult while not posing a high risk to landing aircraft. The reason for the steeper angle was to allow for other aircraft to be parked on the Port-Rear corner of the Carrier during landing and launch operations, waiting for the Catapults to be used.

Propulsion

The propulsion for the Lawrence Flight II remains the same as in the original build version, consisting of four A1B Nuclear Reactors and 4 Steam Turbines, one to each of the vessels four propellers. Each of the Steam Turbines are capable of producing up to 160,000 Horsepower, for a grand total of 640,000 shaft horsepower between the four turbines.

While the 4 Turbines provide the power that moves the Lawrence, the ships 4 Reactors provide the entirety of the Electricity to the ship, and can provide enough excess to allow for a small city to be powered from dockside by a Lawrence Class Carrier.

Armament

The armament of the Lawrence class aircraft carrier is designed around the ability to defend itself to a degree from enemy attacks. As a result, in the Close In Defense Systems of the Ship, such as Gatling Guns, Point Defense Missiles, and other systems, such as Decoys, are deployed in high concentration on the Lawrence.

The ship is equipped with 8 Mounts for Close In Weapons System. For any export orders, the Lawrence is standard equipped with a Kashtan mount in each position unless otherwise requested. These mounts are located 4 on each side, 2 to each corner, facing parallel to the ships course and perpendicular, allowing maximum coverage of the ships angles.

In addition to this there is 12 Mk.78 Point Defense Missile launchers, holding 21 missiles per launcher, for a grand total of 252 ready to fire missiles. These missiles are located one to each CIWS mount, and 2 amidships of each side. These launchers are capable of accepting most RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile sized units.

Finally, the Lawrence also carries four sets of 16 Vertical Launch Cells, one on each corner of the main section of the flight deck, near the twin sets of CIWS and PDM Launchers. These VLS cells are designed to carrier medium to long range Surface to Air Missile’s like the SM-6 or SM-2. All of these weapons are controlled by a computer, which classifies enemy threats based on type, and prioritizes them for intercept. For example, a F-15C would most likely not be shot at, while a missile such as a Sunburn would receive the full attention of the Ships defense systems, since the Sunburn presents a much large threat to the integrity of the ship. This also works on terms of different Anti-Shipping Missiles.

For example: If both a Exocet and a Brahmos missile were to be detected at long range heading for the Carrier and her escorts, the Carriers Air Defense control Computer, which is linked to those of her escort vessels, would prioritize the two, with the Brahmos receiving the initial brunt of attention, due to its higher speed and larger warhead over the Exocet.
Last edited by United States of PA on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:01 am

Galaxy Class Nuclear Guided Missile Battle cruiser (BCGN)

Propulsion/Stats:
(4) BC1A Nuclear Reactors
(4) Steam Turbines
(4) Fixed-pitch propellers 440,000 Shp
Max Speed: 36 Knots Sprint (Provided weight is below 96,000 tonnes)
Size
96,532 tonnes Standard
106,000 tonnes Full
380m Long
35m Beam
12m Draft
Armament
9x 406mm L/50 ETC Guns in three Triple turrets (3,150 shells total)
4x Kashtan CIWS
6x 21 Cell Point Defense Missile Launcher (RIM-116)
76x 8 Cell Vertical Launch Systems (608 cells)
Countermeasures: SLQ-32(V)3, SLQ-25 Nixie, Nulka
Aircraft
Landing Pad and full accommodations for up to 4 AW101 sized helicopters
Sensors
PEI-9940 Multipurpose Long Range Radar
PEI-1300 Fire Control Radar
PEC Ship Self Defense Suite (SSDS)
PEI-100 Sonar Suite
Crew: 2,467
Price: 6.3 Billion USD
List of Ships
FRS Andromeda (BCGN-2), FRS Bode (BCGN-3), FRS Magellanic (BCGN-4), FRS Hoag (BCGN-5), FRS Mayall (BCGN-6), FRS Omega (BCGN-7), FRS Messier (BCGN-8), FRS Centaurus (BCGN-9), FRS Cartwheel (BCGN-10), FRS Comet (BCGN-11), FRS Cigar (BCGN-12), FRS Milky Way (BCGN-13)

History

The Galaxy Class Nuclear Powered Battlecruiser was a venture by the Pennsylvanian Navy and Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation to create a Heavily Armed, High Speed, Nuclear Powered Vessel, armed with large numbers of Vertical Launch Systems for firing Surface to Air Missiles as well as three turrets, each armed with three 406mm (16 inch) guns, for use in shore bombardment, if the ship were to ever be able to close to that range.

The main requirements for the abilities of the vessel were for it to be able to reach extremely high speeds at its standard weight of 96,500 tonnes. The requirement was for it to be able to attain about 36 knots at this weight. The result was the need for several very high power Reactors and steam turbines to provide the over 440,000 shaft horsepower needed to attain this speed at that weight.

Armament

The most prominent armament, and, most likely the first to be spotted by anyone looking at the vessel, is its nine 406mm (16 inch) main guns. Each gun barrel has 350 rounds for it, enough for up to 116-175 minutes of continuous fire at the guns standard firing rate of 1 shell every 20-30 seconds, for a rate of fire of 2-3 rounds per minute per gun, and 18 to 27 rounds per minute overall.

Each weapon is fed by a Autoloader, which handles the majority of the loading operations, lowering the total amount of manpower needed to operate the ship, and thus, lowering overall maintenance costs. Despite the high degree of Automation within the ships three main gun turrets, each gun turret still requires significant numbers of sailors to operate at full capacity. The requirement during fire for effect missions, where the turret is supposed to be fully manned for full use of all three of its guns, is roughly 20-35 men, mostly working with the fire control systems such.

Each gun is designed to fire an up to 1,587(3,500lbs) kilogram Armor Piercing or High Explosive Shell at ranges out to around70km. Each shell is propelled out the gun by a 635 (1,400lbs) kilogram, liquid propellant charge, at of 862m/s and 890m/s for the Armor Piercing (AP) and High Explosive (HE) respectively. As a result of the extremely large Propellant Charge and the very large Shell size, the barrel walls of the Guns are very thick, with each gun, without the breach, weighing in at 150 tonnes, and about 180 tonnes with the breach fitted. The inside of each barrel is Chromium Lined, intended to improve the durability and barrel life of the gun. Each gun was designed to have a barrel life of up to 250 shells in ideal conditions, though, in reality, a more likely barrel life is somewhere between 150 and 230 shells. Each gun can be elevated separately of one another at angles of up to +45 degrees or -5 degrees, though the direction in which they are fired is universal for all guns in each turret.

Alongside the 406mm main guns are 84 sets of 8 Vertical Launch Systems, for a total of 672 cells in total. Each cell is 800mm wide by 13m deep, allowing it to carry large missiles such as the BGM-109 Tomahawk, RIM-66/67/156/161/174, AGM-84 Harpoon, and multiple others. This capability allows the ship to strike at ranges far beyond the horizon, while for the most part remaining safely out of range of the enemy.

For close in weapons systems, the ship maintains 4 Kashtan Close In Weapons Systems (CIWS), each with a pair of 30mm gatling guns and 8 ready to fire Point Defense Missiles. The ship has 2 of these systems on each side, 1 on top of the bridge and 1 near the aft part of the superstructure on the ship. Alongside the Kashtan systems are 6 21 cell RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile launchers, 1 for each Kashtan, and on each in the center of the superstructure on each side.

Aircraft

Each Galaxy Class Nuclear Guided Missile Battlecruiser is equipped with a landing pad capable of supporting up to 2 SH-60 sized helicopters, or a single V-22 Sized Helicopter. The ship also has a hanger on the aftermost part of the Superstructure with enough internal room for 4 SH-60 or 2 V-22 sized aircraft. The helicopters onboard the ship are intended to provide Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW/C) style work, using a rather large Radar Dome (RaDome) in a look down radar role, in order to detect anti-shipping missiles far enough out to allow the ship to engage and destroy, or in a Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) role, to assist the ships escorts in detecting, and terminating, enemy submarines.

The vessel has full accommodations for up to 4 Helicopters of SH-60 sized, or 2 V-22 sized aircraft.

Electronics

The Galaxy Classes main electronic suite is the Pennsylvania Electronics Incorporated (PEI) 9940 Long Range, Multi-function Radar suite. The PEI-9940 Combines a High Power Air Search and Sea Search Radar with fire control radars for the ships Missile Suite.

The PEI-9940 radar is a very high power, long range radar. Located at 45m above sea level at the top of the unit, the radar is capable of detecting out to around 700km at its theoretical maximum, though this has yet to be tested. The Air Search Radar puts out 8 megawatts at peak power, enabling the radar to detect a 0.0001m2 Radar Cross section target at ranges under 710km.

Radar range (Against 1m2 RCS Targets) from the Radars location 45m ASL
@10m- 40.707km
@50m- 56.827km
@100m- 68.906km
@500m- 119.883km
@1,000m- 158.081km
@5,000m- 319.285km
@10,000m- 440.078km
@15,000m- 532.765km
@20,000m- 610.904km

The Air Search Radar within the 9940 is an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), a radar which allows the ship to broadcast a radar signal on multiple frequencies, increasing the number of targets it can paint, while, at the same time, decreasing the visibility of its own signal to Radar Detectors.

The 9940 is capable of detecting and tracking up to 1,000 Aerial targets at ranges out to 610.9km. This gives the ship an unprecedented ability to track aircraft from a distance, while at the same time minimizing the delectability of the ships own radar, known as “Low Probability of Intercept” (LPI).

The Sea Search Radar of the 9940 radar is able to detect any surface vessel out to a radar range of 55 kilometers, provided that the vessel that the Battlecruiser is searching for is the same height as its own radar, or 45 meters Above Sea Level.

The Sonar Suite on the Galaxy Class Nuclear Powered Guided Missile Battlecruiser is a rather simplistic suite, consisting solely of a relatively low grade Bow Mounted Sonar. The reasoning behind this choice of a minimalist Sonar Suite was because of the massive amount of noise that the ship itself would produce while underway, meaning that, in order for any Sonar Suite on the ship to detect a submarine, the ship would’ve had to run into the submarine at 25 knots or more. However, despite this, the choice was made to still place a sonar on the ship, to allow it at least some detection ability against submarines was the vessel was moving slowly, on 2 or less reactors or propellers, or just sitting still.

The last major piece of the ships Electronic Suite would be the Pennsylvania Electronic’s Incorporated Ship Self Defense Suite (SSDS), a program integrated with the ships Air Search Radar that designates the targets on the radar in terms of threat, and prioritizes them for Interception. The system is quite similar to the AEGIS Air Defense System found in some American Ships, namely the Ticonderoga Class Cruiser and the Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer.

The System prioritizes targets based on their radar signature. For example, if the target is detected and showed to be a slow moving, low altitude, straight flying, small target heading straight towards the ship, and has a surface search radar signature, would probably be classified as a sea skimming Anti-Shipping Missile (AShM), and would receive higher priority from the ships defense systems than a aircraft such as a F-15 Eagle, due to the significantly lower threat to the ship that the F-15 represents over that of the Anti-Shipping Missile.

The program is able to classify, designate, and prioritize every target on the radar screen within 5 seconds of detection. The different classifications that the SSDS Program recognizes include CM(Cruise Missile), AShM (Anti-Shipping Missile), SAM/AAM(Surface to Air/Air to Air Missile), F(Fighter), B(Bomber), AT (Aerial Transport) and others.

Hull & Superstructure

The hull of the Galaxy Class Battlecruiser is quite similar to that of the American Iowa Class Battleship in design. The choice to use the same basic hull design as the Iowa Class was made because of the proficient design of the hull, which, with the right amount of horsepower, would allow for the required speed of the ships design.

Another interesting design feature was how the Superstructure of the ship is sort of cramped together on the ship, leaving a lot of Bow and Stern space, along with some deck space along the side of the superstructure for the placement of the ships large numbers of VLS. The space saving design of the Superstructure ,accomplished by removing nearly all of the Armor present as well as any unneeded systems, allowed a substantial reduction in Superstructure size, with a sizable amount of tasks that had previously been done in the Superstructure being relocated to the interior of the hull

Armor

The Galaxy Class is unique for a ship of its size and stature, in that the ships main belt armor is only 5 inchs thick at its thickest point, as well as barely sloped. The decision to make the main belt armor in this fashion was to save space inside of the hull, in order to allow for more interior space for the systems that were moved from the superstructure into the Hull, and for the masses of Vertical Launch Systems. The goal of the ships main belt is to protect against small anti-Shipping missile warheads, namely missiles such as the Exocet and Harpoon.

Despite the thinness of the ships main belt, the ships 3 main magazines, feeding the ships nine 16 inch guns retain a armor box around them, with 16 inchs of armor on every side. This was intended to protect the ships most volatile ammunition, its main gun shells, from enemy action, lest a massive explosion happen, and turn the ship into a modern day HMS Hood.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 am

We would like to place the following order:

DPRx AGM-233 Long Range Joint Standoff Missile - All Variants (8,000,000,000 standard dollars)
DPRx Mk84 Lightweight Advanced Anti-Submarine Torpedo (9,500,000,000 standard dollars)

the total cost of this order comes to 17,500,000,000 standard dollars, which has been deposited into your account. We look forward to your response.

Signed,

Andrew Stinson
President
Free Republic of Lamoni
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:10 am

To: President Andrew Stinson, Free Republic of Lamoni

We are pleased to inform you that your request for Domestic Production Rights to the AGM-233 LRJSM and the Mk84 LAAST have been approved at the stated price. All relevent electronic materials will be immediately transfered. We hope that these weapons serve your country well, helping you to protect your freedom. Godspeed, and good luck.

Imbrinium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Imbrinium » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:29 am

The Kingdom of Imbrinium would like to purchase all DPRs for all equipment made by Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation. This purchase has been discussed over classified means and agreement has been meet. This letter is an official letter on purchase in both our books and your books.

Thank you.
When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
"Deus vult" is Latin for "God wills it" and it was the cry of the people at the declaration of the First Crusade by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont in 1095.
#MAGA, WWG1WGA , Q

Xyliod
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Xyliod » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 am

To: Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation.

The Autocratic Federation is wondering if the Corporation sells Domestic Production Rights for their products and if they do then the Federation would like a list of the products that DPR's can be bought for and the price of the DPR.

The Autocratic Federation will make purchases based on these prices.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:41 am

To: Kingdom of Imbrinium, Ministry of Defense

We have received your request, and are pleased to inform you that your order has been approved, for the price of $42.0.675tn. We welcome any payment plan which you require in order to pay for this. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed, and good luck.

To: Autocratic Federation of Xyliod

The ships which have DPRs available will all have them listed at the bottom of the article explaining them and their capabilities.

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:01 am

From Minister of Defence Janet Cooper,
Subject Arm Purchase
Encryption Level Red - High

Greetings to our honoured friends, I speak on behalf of the defence Ministry of the Fortress State, and it has come to my attention that the Animarnian Royal Aifroce (RAF) has an urgent need for many AGM-233 Long Range Joint Standoff Missiles (LRJSM) we will require around 10,000 of Each Varient which we belive comes to $48 Billion NSD, we would also like to enqure about the posability of a Limited Domestic Production Licence to cover estimated atrition loses.

Janet Cooper
Minister for Defence.
Fortress State of Animarnia
[ National Map | Regional Map | Topology Map ]
[DEFCON:1 || STRATCON:1 || TERRORALERT: Elevated]
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 pm

((OOC: Much belated official approval))

Third Mexican Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Mexican Empire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Secretaria de Guerra
Secretariat of War

TO: Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation

After approval by His Imperial Majesty Agustin III, the Secretariat of War hereby places an order for the Domestic Production Rights for the John Shepperd-class Pre-positioning Ship, which, if prices have not fluctuated, would total to 600,000,000,000 NSD. Money will be wired upon confirmation. Thank you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade