NATION

PASSWORD

NS Arena Bowl I RP/Rosters/Scores Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 pm

RP cutoff for Matchday 2.

Scores and tables to follow.

Group A
Delaclava 36-51 Sarzonia
Mossulia 35-28 Freelasio
Sibirsky BYE

Group B
Qazox 36-33 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Krytenia 38-46 Mytannion
Cosumar BYE

Group C
Western Cuba 32-30 Churchma
Wadomia 37-55 Rennidan
Stannge BYE

Group A	        W	D	L	Pct.	PF	PA	PD
Mossulia 2 0 0 1.000 73 61 12
Sibirsky 1 0 0 1.000 51 43 8
Sarzonia 1 0 1 0.500 94 87 7
Freelasio 0 0 1 0.000 28 35 -7
Delaclava 0 0 2 0.000 69 89 -20

Group B W D L Pct. PF PA PD
Qazox 2 0 0 1.000 86 62 24
Mytannion 1 0 0 1.000 46 38 8
Cosumar 1 0 0 1.000 47 41 6
ASMV 0 0 2 0.000 74 80 -6
Krytenia 0 0 2 0.000 67 96 -29

Group C W D L Pct. PF PA PD
Rennidan 1 0 0 1.000 55 37 18
Wadomia 1 0 1 0.500 74 91 -17
Western Cuba 1 0 1 0.500 68 67 1
Churchma 1 0 1 0.500 64 60 4
Stannge 0 0 1 0.000 28 34 -6
Last edited by Sarzonia on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:55 pm

QOXSportNet/ArenaBowlONE.com
Clicking the above takes you to the Wikipedia Arena Bowl page.

By Tim Mariotti

It came down to the final 5 seconds, but the Avengers are 2-0 after surviving a thriller against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 36-33. On the final play, Jake DeMotta found Eric Janney in the corner just over the out-stretched arms of Tizyj Pol'inao as time expired. Combined both teams missed 3 FG's in the 4th quarter, but given that the width of the goal posts are only 9 feet; the occurance is not uncommon. ASMV took the lead for the final time with 21 seconds left on a 1 yard TD run by Reloen Asheyph'nt, but that felt Qazox just a little too much time to mount the winning drive. Up next for Qazox is a trip to Cosumar, who edged ASMV on the opening week 47-41.

BOXSCORE
ASMV  7 10  6 10  33
Qazox 7 10 10 9 36

SCORING SUMMARY:
ASMV: Jais-Irjin K’baryth 9 yd TD pass to Xifor’aru Ves'que. PAT by Jais-Irjin K’baryth good. (7-0 ASMV)
QZX: Jake DeMotta 23 yd TD pass to Ty Hobbes. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (7-7)
ASMV: Jais-Irjin K’baryth 16 yd TD pass to Sobekonii Etaik'v. PAT by Jais-Irjin K’baryth good. (14-7 ASMV)
QZX: 11 yd TD run by Randal Jackson. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (14-14)
ASMV: 32 yd FG by Jais-Irjin K’baryth. (17-14 ASMV)
QZX: 19 yd FG by Frank Jackson. (17-17)
QZX: Jake DeMotta 14 yd TD pass to Issac Watters. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (24-17 Qazox)
ASMV: 26 yd FG by Jais-Irjin K’baryth. (24-20 Qazox)
ASMV: 34 yd FG by Jais-Irjin K’baryth. (24-23 Qazox)
QZX: 24 yd FG by Frank Jackson. (27-23 Qazox)
ASMV: 29 yd FG by Jais-Irjin K’baryth. (27-26 Qazox)
QZX: 24 yd FG by Frank Jackson. (30-26 Qazox)
ASMV: 1 yard TD run by Reloen Asheyph'nt. PAT by Jais-Irjin K’baryth good. (33-30 ASMV)
QZX: Jake DeMotta 5 yd TD pass to Eric Janney. 2-pt conversion run Failed. (36-33 Qazox)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 am

'Good Start, Lets Push on from here..'

by Isoef Jukic

In what was the first fixture of our the NS ArenaBowl I, we played out a great game versus Krytenia - and even managed an unlikely win! Our men ran out 46-38 winners - in Krytenia! A good start for our guys. The match started slowly, but after a few scores by Krytenia, our men decided to get themselves into the game, with a touchdown from Tyko Hykinnen, which was then added to, with a two-point conversion, the same happened again, in the same order. Five field goals later, all kicked by Timotej Tom Baumhakl and the score was 38-31 to Krytenia. Our men rallied around quarterback, Maksimilijan Kuruc, who had already thrown for 40 yards, was then added to, when he threw a 27 yard pass, to Halil Zlatanov, and then added to that with a 23-yarder to Rijad Bizumovic, which added upto a throwing total of 90 yards for the game. We were ahead 43-38 now, and just to secure the win Timotej Tom Baumhakl kicked another field goal, for the total score of 46-38, we then held an interview with Maksimilijan Kuruc.

MG: You played a great game today, how do you feel?

Maksimilijan Kuruc: Brilliant, our whole team played well, especially in the offense, a comeback like that - against Krytenia is huge!

MG: You did amazingly well yourself, throwing a total of 90 yards..

Maksimilijan Kuruc: Yes, I feel I did well, but if it wasn't for the amazing handling from Tyko, Halil and Rijad - most of them throws today would have been fumbled, so well done to them too.

MG: We expected Krytenia to be one of the teams to beat, that seems to have changed now, with perhaps Qazox being a harder challenge, where do you think we will go from here?

Maksimilijan Kuruc: I don't know, we got a good win here, and an important one, if we can get say, 4 more wins, we could be good for a knockout round spot, if we can play like this against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega and Cosumar, who are both experienced, but beatable, we've a good chance.

MG: Yes, we believe that them two teams are beatable also, our next game, is against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega, do you believe, that we can win?

Maksimilijan Kuruc: Well as I said, if we play at the standard we played today, we should be fine, their team seems to have a few useful players, but we could win against them - especially as they have lost both of their group stage games so far..

MG: That is a very good point, Cosumar, are in a similiar position to us, having played one game, winning one game, do you believe they are now our biggest rivals in the group stage, seeing as Qazox are seemingly unbeatable?

Maksimilijan Kuruc: No teams are unbeatable at this level of competition, with the confidence we have in the camp at the moment, and the ability - that all of our players have, we could beat anyone, anything is possible - nothing is impossible, we have as good a chance as any, at remaining unbeaten, and even if we don't do that - I still believe it is possible to qualify from this group, even though every team has world class pedigree..

MG: Thank you Maksi, and good luck in the rest of the competition...

Maksimilijan Kuruc: Thank-you...

Our next game is against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega, and as aforementioned, they have lost all their matches so far, this will also be our first game at our home stadium, The General Jarko Arena, so we need all our fans to get behind the team, and hope we can keep up the (yes, one match) unbeaten streak, we have a talented squad, as proven by beating good side Krytenia - time now, to step-up to the world stage, ASMV may have lost both of their matches so far, but that doesn't mean they don't have any good player, their quarterback, Jais-Irjin K’baryth looks very useful, as does their running back: Reloen Asheyph'nt - our men will have to be careful, and wise up quickly, to how both play the game..

It is a good start, but now, lets push on from here..

17th August- BYE
18th August- versus Krytenia (Somewhere in Krytenia)WIN 46-38
19th August- versus Andossa Se Mitrin Vega (General Jarko Arena) -
20th August- versus Cosumar (Lenny Fox Dome) -
21st August- versus Qazox (General Jarko Arena) -
22nd August- NO MATCHES PLAYED.
23rd August- versus Qazox (Hemisphere Bank Center) -
24th August- versus Cosumar (General Jarko Arena) -
25th August- versus Andossa Se Mitrin Vega (Underground: Stadii Se Draggonnii Arcea) -
26th August- versus Krytenia (General Jarko Arena) -
27th August- BYE
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 am

Woodstock Daily Mail

Stars two for two in gridball vs. Delaclava

By Jonah Malcolm
Special to The Daily Mail

CATHERINA -- Meanwhile, in other news...

Sarzonia's indoor gridball team did what the outdoor team did in Catherina: Beat a Delaclav team. But while the outdoor team did so to capture its first World Bowl title, the indoor team merely won a group stage match against the Phoenixes in front of a small crowd obviously affected by the World Bowl final between the teams.

Sarzonia's indoor team prevailed 51-36 behind five touchdown passes from Chris Painter and even included a couple of defensive plays in the mix to even their record at 1-0-1. For coach Brad Abernathy, the Stars played a much better match against their Cyanea neigbours.

"It comes down to execution," Abernathy said. "We executed much better than we did against Sibirsky." Part of that was the offensive line play. After the Capitalizt sacked Painter five times in the opener, Delaclava only sacked Painter once. And that sack, according to Painter, was a coverage sack.

"I held the ball too long," he said. "I was waiting for an open receiver and I thought I could get it to him. I need to work on my pocket presence."

A crowd of 11,926 showed up to the arena, most of them wearing the rainbow colour scheme of the host nation. Only an estimated 600 Stars supporters were in the stands for this match. Most of the supporters who made the trip south went to Golden Grass Stadium to watch the World Bowl final.

"We wanted to watch, too," wide receiver/defensive back Lyle Tunney said of the World Bowl final. "The thing is, we couldn't change the start time. That would have been up to [Delaclava National Athletic Complex] officials."

A spokeswoman for The Palestra, the site of the return leg between the teams on Matchday 7, said they would have moved the match to 1 p.m. Sarzonian Standard Time (AOTC+1) if the match had been played there.

"We wouldn't want people to miss the World Bowl for a group stage match," Candace Westerhausen said. "The thing is, our request to move the time of the match came too late." NS Arena Bowl officials rejected a request to move the match to Woodstock.

"It wouldn't be fair to the other teams," said Christian Connelly, the vice president for logistics of the NS Arena Bowl.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

Churchma Raiders NSAB 1 Coverage
4th quarter let-down drops Churchma to 1-1 in NSAB
Churchma Sports Inc.

A fourth quarter comeback by the Cubans was the last thing any fans at Miles Deebok Stadium expected to see. A near capacity crowd was stunned when an improbable turn of events dropped the Raiders to 1-1 in tournament play. With 2:12 left on the clock Churchma had the ball and was up 30-18, but a fumble returned for a touchdown quickly gave Western Cuba the much needed momentum. A touchdown by the WC offense with just 0:15 left on the clock left the Raiders with almost no time to try and score. With one second left on the clock, Raiders kicker Ricky Stockard attempted a 52 yard field goal for the win, but missed wide right.

"I couldn't believe that I missed that kick. I know it's a long kick, but as soon as it left the ground I thought it was going in. I must have missed the field goal post by two feet. Next time that coach gives me a chance to win the game, I'll get the job done," Stockard said after the game.

Next up for Churchma is Rennidan (1-0) at home. Rennidan is a very physical team, and they absolutely lit up the scoreboard in their last game. They defeated Wadomia 55-37 at home.

"Rennidan is a team to be wreckoned with. They're well-coached, and they looked very dominant in their opening game of the tournament. The fact that we're at home, and that we have something to prove are things that are in our favor. Our offense needs to show up if we're going to win this one," head coach Mel Dudley said.
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 pm

There are some dogs a few houses over who are so loud they get on my nerves. How I'd love to CUT them OFF like I'm doing with RPs here!

Scores and tables to come shortly.

Group A
Freelasio 37-45 Sarzonia
Sibirsky 54-47 Delaclava
Mossula BYE

Group B
Mytannion 35-28 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Cosumar 49-29 Qazox
Krytenia BYE

Group C
Rennidan 45-43 Churchma
Stannge 38-43 Western Cuba
Wadomia BYE

Mossulia 2 0 0 1.000 73 61 12
Sibirsky 2 0 0 1.000 105 90 15
Sarzonia 2 0 1 .667 139 124 15
Freelasio 0 0 2 .000 65 80 -15
Delaclava 0 0 3 .000 116 143 -27

Group B W D L Pct. PF PA PD
Cosumar 2 0 0 1.000 96 70 26
Mytannion 2 0 0 1.000 81 66 15
Qazox 2 0 1 .667 115 111 4
Krytenia 0 0 2 .000 67 96 -29
ASMV 0 0 3 .000 102 115 -13

Group C W D L Pct. PF PA PD
Rennidan 2 0 0 1.000 100 80 20
Western Cuba 2 0 1 .667 111 105 6
Wadomia 1 0 1 .500 74 91 -17
Churchma 1 0 2 .333 107 105 2
Stannge 0 0 1 .000 66 77 -11
Last edited by Sarzonia on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rennidan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rennidan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm

I find it bizarre how similar my fear of flying feels to my fear of staying in the pocket. In both cases I feel like a sitting duck, waiting for the inevitable explosive hit to find me. When I'm on a plane I look to my left and expect see an engine on fire. When I'm in the pocket I look to my left and expect to see some goon about to light me up. Both invoke a feeling of claustrophobia. You'll find your fingers tightening around whatever they're gripped to, whether it's an armrest or a ball. Your mind seizes up and you're left with one, pounding notion racing through your brain;

Escape.

On an aeroplane travelling at five hundred miles an hour at fifty thousand feet in the air, running to the exit and escaping isn't much of a rational option. But when you're running a hooks 'n' crosses play that's crumbling before your eyes and you suddenly spot daylight between four hefty O-Line butt cheeks, you find your legs have suddenly selected fifth gear and you're blasting forwards faster than any aircraft can travel just to get a breath of fresh air, a clear mind and a game-ending touchdown.

I left the game in Wadomia with a scoreboard of 55-37 glowing like a holy halo behind me. Eight touchdowns (two of which I ran in myself), seven PATS and a 2-PT conversion we didn't even bother trying with because the clock was already at 0:00 in the fourth. I dare any man that left a game like that to not walk away feeling like some kinda' Herculean hero.

As soon as I got on that homeward-bound plane though, I went back to being a deer in headlights.

The entire eight and a half hour journey home was spent in a perpetual feeling that some cocksure linebacker was only a blink away from knocking your helmet clean off. I don't even remember getting off the tin can with wings, I just remember a sensation of relief and a sudden blinding from the accumulation of press cameras.

Home Test Looming

As the Brawlers return triumphantly from Wadomia with a decent points margin, the big question of everyone's lips is how the new, state of the art, purpose built stadium will hold up for the fresh faced Arena gridiron team.

"It's a stadium like no other. No crowds, no sporting atmosphere. It feels like you've stepped into Tron when you go into that place." Said sports commentator Greg Hylan.

The Room, a delightfully dull yet ominous name for the Brawlers home ground, is exactly what it says on the tin. A large, white cuboid room with deep red lines sprayed perfectly into place on the harsh metallic floor.

"The advantage Rennidan has with the room is that it's a two pronged attack on any visiting team, both physically and mentally. For starters, any hit on that metal floor is bound to leave you hurting more than if you were to take a hit on turf. Secondly, it's pure silence. It's like being back at your high school basketball court, only more screeching and louder thumps. You take away the fans, you take away the heart of the game. All that's left is aggression and gridiron."

The first test of this futuristic playing ground takes place tomorrow, as the Churchma Raiders set their sights on bringing our Brawlers down a notch or two.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:24 pm

By Tim Mariotti

The Avengers first road game turned out to be a butt-kicking, as Cosumar emerged victorious 49-29. DeMotta threw 3 interceptions, 2 of which were returned for TD's in the 3rd quarter. Those two pick-sixes proved to be too much for Qazox to overcome as Cosumar improved to 2-0. Other than those costly mistakes, Qazox had kept the game rather close, outgaining Cosumar 432 to 317 on the day. Up next, Qazox concludes the 1st half of group play by travelling to Mytannion, but luckily they have an off week first to improve their game.

BOXSCORE
Qazox   7  7  0 15  29
Cosumar 7 14 21 7 49

SCORING SUMMARY:
QZX: Jake DeMotta 11 yd TD pass to David Mea. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (7-0 Qazox)
COS: 3 yd TD run by Devon Hardy. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (7-7)
QZX: Jake DeMotta 29 yd TD pass to Ty Hobbes. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (14-7 Qazox)
COS: Michael Archer 14 yd TD pass to Curtis Williamson. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (14-14)
COS: Michael Archer 3 yd TD pass to Curtis Williamson. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (21-14 Cosumar)
COS: Julio Clifford 17 yd INT return for TD. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (28-14 Cosumar)
COS: Kendall Barton 42 yd INT return for TD. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (35-14 Cosumar)
COS: Michael Archer 23 yd TD pass to Oknuv Voldegrad. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (42-14 Cosumar)
QZX: Jake DeMotta 42 yd TD pass to Ty Hobbes. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (42-21 Qazox)
COS: 1 yd TD run by Devon Hardy. PAT by Malikon Cranski good. (49-21 Cosumar)
QZX: Jake DeMotta 18 yd TD pass to Mike Hammond. 2-pt conversion run by Christopher Waller. (49-29 Qazox)
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:58 am

K'baryth Done. Sky Dragons Not Far Behind

“Don’t touch it! Damn don’t touch it again!”

Jais-Irjin K’baryth lay on a medical examination table underneath General Jarko Arena. The ASMV All-Pro and one of he elite QB’s in international grid ball could do little more than writhe in pain as team medical staff examined his right knee.

“Doesn’t look good. Seen this before and it never looks good.”
“ACL?”
“At the very least. Probably torn cartilage. Perhaps the MCL a well. This is a bad one.”
“I said don’t touch it!”

The team doctor looked to Loque U’yuin’ara, the Sky Dragon coach, and slowly shook his head. Loque responded by patting the QB softly on the shoulder. “Hang in there, Lad.” He then left the room to face the rest of the coaching staff.

“He’s done. Maybe for good. Time to get Xatat ready to play. Only good news is things cant get much worse than 0-3.” but he knew they could get much worse. Two QB’s down- one before the tourney began - and an untested replacement about to assume the leadership of the hapless Sky Dragons. Yes, things could get much, much worse.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Mytannion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

'Victory soured by Injury!'

by Isoef Jukic

In Mytannion's second match in the NS ArenaBowl I, another good performance was put in by our team, resulting in a 35-28 win to our boys, this victory was soured by the injury of Andossa Se Mitrin Vega quarterback, Jais-Irjin K’baryth, which was inflicted by our Linebacker, Murat Hoheger, when trying to stop the quarterback making a run for the line. It was a sour note in the game, but our boys got the win - and that is all that matters.

It started with quarterback, Maksimilijan Kuruc, throwing a 18 yard pass, for Tyko Hykinnen, to touchdown. The quarterback then ran across the line, to add the extra two points, next game a field goal, kicked by Timotej Tom Baumhakl, we now had scored 11 points, add to this an extra two touchdowns, by Halil Zlatanov, thrown for 28 yards by Maksimilijan Kuruc, and then Rijad Bizumovic got one from a 9 yard pass. We'd managed to get 23 points on the board by now. Another field goal kicked from 12 yards by Baumhakl, and then a touchdown by Maksimilijan Kuruc, choosing not to throw, but to run for the line himself, and then a late field goal from Baumhakl again, secured the win. In total 35 points for us, 28 for them. A comfortable 7 point win. Final Score: 35-28.

It was a horrible challenge though by Murat Hoheger, and their are talks of him being suspended for a few games, Jais-Irjin K’baryth seems to have torn some cartilage in his right knee, and it could even be a career-ender for the guy, we send him our best wishes, for a swift recovery.

This leaves us in second in our group, just behind Cosumar, the nation we expected to fall at this world stage, this however, is only on points difference, where they've got 26 points difference, and we only have 15. If we scored more, conceded less - we would be top of the table.

What we are glad about today, is that our home stadium, the General Jarko Arena, was packed out against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega - with a full capacity of 78,500 - nearly full up, with 70,000 fans watching our team beat the 'Sea Dragons'. We will need this type of support if we wish to continue with our series of good results. Especially as our next game is against Cosumar, our big group rivals, a good win over them, would send us top, they are an experienced nation - but slightly a surprise package, as their roster wasn't released until the very last second, they have managed to play themselves into the box-seat of the group, being top, although they have won two games, drawn none, lost none - exactly the same record as us, and as aforementioned they are only top because of their superior point difference. Their quarterback, Michael Archer, has a good arm. And their team is well coached by Martin Ives. They play at the Lenny Fox Dome, and their support will be strong with a 23,000 capacity behind the team. Not as intimidating perhaps as Andossa Se Mitrin Vega's stadia, but could still - if our players let it get to them - affect our guys games. Our fans, in their guerrilla ways, intimidated the ASMV players and fans, with hostile chanting, standing-up all the way through the match, throwing bottles onto the pitch - and a flare was even set off in the crowd. Several young hooligans, branding themselves as 'The Yiddac Firm' - were arrested by police - after passing tickets back through the turnstiles, to get more people into the ground, and of course, throwing items at players, the person/'s who set off the flare, wasn't/weren't found...We would like to ask you to chant, and support the team as much as possible, but none of this behaviour again, it is dangerous - and illegal.

17th August- BYE
19th August- versus Andossa Se Mitrin Vega (General Jarko Arena)WIN 35-28
20th August- versus Cosumar (Lenny Fox Dome) -
25th August- versus Andossa Se Mitrin Vega (Underground: Stadii Se Draggonnii Arcea) -
27th August- BYE

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 am

Whitedeer, Sibirsky (SP) Capitalizt Better at Little Football
The Capitalizt are now 2-0 in the Arena Bowl against the two finalists of the World Bowl. This time, at home at the Whitedeer Arena, the Sibirsky Capitalizt have defeated Delaclava 54-47 in yet another one score shootout win.

Coach Critchfield indicated he was going to pursue more emphasis on defense. A defense that has given up 90 points in two games. "We can't have people scoring 40 or more points on us every time. Sometimes the offense stumbles. We a need more defensive focus."

Quarterback Huba Donka passed for six touchdowns and 351 yards. There were no rushing scores for the Capitalizt.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

Portland Press-Herald

Indoor Stars leave Freelasio out in cold

By Josh Wiedman
Press-Herald Staff Writer

FREELASIO (19 August 2010) -- One thing we know about the Sarzonian indoor gridball team: They won't finish the Arena Bowl undefeated.

However, they can still do well in the World Bowl as their 45-37 victory over Freelasio attests. The Stars got four touchdown passes from quarterback Chris Painter, who also ran for a score, and the defence returned an interception for a touchdown.

"We're starting to get our legs under us a little bit," coach Brad Abernathy said of the Stars (2-1), who won their second consecutive away match. They return to The Palestra to face first place Mossulia, who was idle last night. Painter said the team didn't feel extra pressure in front of their Woodstock fans.

"No, it's just a strange coincidence that we won both our away matches and lost our only home fixture," he said. "I'd think most teams would be better at home." So far in this Arena Bowl, home teams win only half their games, going 2-4 on Matchday 1; 3-3 on Matchday 2 and 4-2 on Matchday 3.

"Perhaps we need to look at how we handle training camp prior to the Arena Bowl," Abernathy said. "You'd like to think order's being restored somewhat, but it's still early yet."

Unlike the previous competition, when teams only played four matches during the group stage, this competition will feature eight matches across 10 matchdays, the same as the World Bowl. Abernathy said it was "more forgiving" for teams that struggle in a given match, but added that some teams still were facing long odds of qualifying for the knockout rounds.

"Look at Krytenia in Group B," he said. "Look at Andossa Se Mitrin Vega. Those teams are going to have to start winning fast to get back to where they want to be."

In other scores, Delaclava dropped to 0-3 after losing to Sibirsky 54-47. The Capitalizt are level with Mossulia for first place in Group A. In Group B, Mytannion defeated Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 35-28 and Cosumar crushed Qazox 49-29. Rennidan improved to 2-0 with a hard-fought 45-43 victory over Churchma and Western Cuba edged Stannge 43-38.

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Churchma Raiders NSAB 1 Coverage
New playing field blamed for loss to Rennidan
Churchma Sports Inc.

Playing on a metal surface was the last thing anyone on the Raiders squad had in mind when they traveled to Rennidan for their most recent game. The coaches and players were stunned when they took the field and realised what they had gotten themselves into. But despite a slow start from the Raiders offense, Churchma fell just short as they lost 45-43 to Rennidan in front of a packed house at The Room.

"I was flat out stnned when I took the field. For starters, it felt like we were playing in a jail cell. The place was absolutely quiet all game long, and then to top it off, we played on a metal surface. M-E-T-A-L. Metal. What the f*** is that? We weren't given prior notice that this was the kind of surface we had to play on. I'm sure the NSAB officials will have a good look at this one. That way the home team can't have that blatant of an advantage ever again," head coach Mel Dudley said after the game.

Despite being surprised by what the Raiders had gotten themselves into, the game went on as scheduled. Rennidan jumped out early and had a comfortable 30-14 lead at the half. That kind of separation proved to be costly, as the Raiders couldn't ever get back into the game.

"I don't want to complain about the metal playing surface, I'll let coach deal with that. So I'll just talk about the game. Our offense came out flat in the first half, and I take the blame for two of our turnovers. The second half we came out hot and with something to prove. Unfortunatley, teams can't just turn it on in the last five minutes and expect to win. We'll learn from our mistakes and move on to our next game," quarterback Ryan Kemper said.

The loss to Rennidan drops the Raiders to 1-2 after three games in the NSAB. They'll need to turn things around pretty quickly if they feel they can have a chance at winning the group. Next up for Churchma is Wadomia at home. Wadomia is coming off of a bye week, and is currently 1-1 in pool play.

"The fact that they've had an extra week to prepare for us is a clear disadvantage. But we're a team full of veterans, and we'll be just fine without the extra preparation. We're going to do whatever we can to bring home the W next week against Wadomia," coach Dudley said.
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 pm

I just watched Nick Markakis get tossed from the game when his manager Buck Showalter couldn't CUT him OFF from yapping at Jeff Nelson. However, I'm cutting these RPs off!

Scores and tables to follow.

Group A results
Sarzonia 34-45 Mossulia
Sibirsky 52-31 Freelasio
Delaclava BYE

Mossulia 3 0 0 1.000 118 95 23
Sibirsky 3 0 0 1.000 157 121 36
Sarzonia 2 0 2 .500 173 169 4
Freelasio 0 0 3 .000 96 132 -36
Delaclava 0 0 3 .000 116 143 -27

Group B results
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 48-40 Krytenia
Cosumar 36-31 Mytannion
Qazox BYE

Group B	        W	D	L	Pct.	PF	PA	PD
Cosumar 3 0 0 1.000 132 101 31
Mytannion 2 0 1 .667 112 102 10
Qazox 2 0 1 .667 115 111 4
ASMV 1 0 3 .250 150 155 -5
Krytenia 0 0 3 .000 107 144 -37

Group C results
Churchma 31-36 Wadomia
Stannge 51-31 Rennidan
Western Cuba BYE

Group C	        W	D	L	Pct.	PF	PA	PD
Western Cuba 2 0 1 .667 111 105 6
Rennidan 2 0 1 .667 131 131 0
Wadomia 2 0 1 .667 110 122 -12
Stannge 1 0 2 .333 117 108 -9
Churchma 1 0 3 .250 138 141 -3
Last edited by Sarzonia on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mytannion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 am

'The Team at loss, far away from home.'

by Isoef Jukic

Our team, finally lost a game, against the team we thought would be the easiest to pick up points against, Cosumar - in a 36-31 loss. It was a tight game, as the 5 point score difference in the result indicates. We started well, with Maksimilijan Kuruc, throwing from 13 yards to Tyko Hykinnen, and then getting the 2 point conversion, by rushing to the line himself, the same happened - in the same combination, now with 16 points on the board, and then, surprise, surprise - the same happened, giving us 24 points, in exactly the same combination - again, giving Tyko Hykinnen, a hattrick of touchdowns. We then, completed two field goals, both courtesy of Timotej Tom Baumhakl, one from 14 yards, the second from 10, however Kuruc also threw 2 interceptions, which both resulted in touchdowns for Cosumar. We played well, and scored points, but our defense just wasn't strong enough against the Cosumar offense, our teams coach, Doko Vujcic, said afterwards, "We will put more emphasis on the defense now, we need it to be stronger, and to stand up more against good offensive teams."

This is certainly the case, and as Cosumar, now have a - relatively - clear run now, being 3 and 0, we need to get wins against all the other teams, and hope we can scrape something from Cosumar, our next match - is the 'crunch' game, against Qazox, both teams are with 2 wins and 1 loss, if we win - we can push on, and perhaps qualify for the knockout rounds, Qazox, so far have played Cosumar, Krytenia and Andossa Se Mitrin Vega, with wins against Krytenia and ASMV but losing against Cosumar, they are an efficient, well organized bunch - but don't seem to have much creativity or flair in their side, their win versus Krytenia was a landslide, by 50 to 29, which they ran away with against the team that hasn't entered an official roster, their organization showed in this encounter, against ASMV, they won by 36-33, a slight margin, and a very edgy game, where one team scored, but couldn't be comfortable - as the other came back very quickly, and in actuality, the game was won in the last five seconds. Then came their game versus the unbeaten Cosumar, where they lost by a twenty point margin, 49-29...Cosumar seem to be the team to beat. However back onto our subject team, Qazox, their quarterback Jake DeMotta is unbelieable, he is possibly one of the best players in the tournament, throwing for some very long touchdowns and has thrown for 470 yards over the whole tournament. He is a dangerous player, and our boys will be watching tapes and video's of how he plays, and what tendencies he has.

We wish our lads good luck, and hope they can improve on this close loss, with a - hopefully - emphatic win.

17th August- BYE
20th August- versus Cosumar (Lenny Fox Dome)LOSS 36-31
27th August- BYE

Sporting Achievements:

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Portland Press-Herald

Turnovers do in the Stars

By Josh Wiedman

WOODSTOCK (21 August 2010) -- Perhaps there's something about The Palestra.

Sarzonia has played two home matches at The Palestra and two away fixtures. The Stars have won both their away matches, but lost their second home match of the NS Arena Bowl qualifying campaign to Mossulia 45-34 in front of a disappointed 14,126.

This time, it was turnovers that did in Sarzonia (2-2). Quarterback Chris Painter threw four interceptions and coughed up three fumbles, two of which Mossulia recovered. Painter was benched late in the fourth quarter in favour of backup quarterback Matt Trudeau.

"You can't afford to commit more turnovers than your opponent," said coach Brad Abernathy. "I don't care what level of gridball you play, you've got to take care of the ball. It's that simple." Abernathy said Painter would start the second half opener away to Sibirsky.

"I just wanted to get Chris out of there for a bit to clear his mind," Abernathy said. Painter said he was making poor decisions.

"I tried to force the ball in a couple of places. There's no excuse."

Sarzonia will get a much needed bye and two days to prepare for their match against the Capitalizt. In other Group A matches tonight, Delaclava plays away to Freelasio and Mossulia hosts Sibirsky. In Group B, Mytannion hosts Qazox and Cosumar plays away to Krytenia. Group C features Rennidan hosting Western Cuba and Wadomia playing home to Stannge.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Whitedeer, Sibirsky (SP) Defense Steps Up to the Challenge
Capitalizt quarterback Huba Donka passed for 342 yards and five touchdowns, but it was the defense that led to a comfortable three touchdown victory over Freelasio.

The defense, evidently bothered by coach Critchfield's 40 point challenge, forced six turnovers, which led to three touchdowns and two field goals.

Defensive back Kuuya Nakahara had two interceptions in the game, and linebacker Thierry Potvin forced and recovered two fumbles. Coach Critchfield rewarded both players late in the game by providing them with scoring opportunities. Potvin, playing fullback scored on a 3-yard run, while Nakahara had two touchdown receptions.

The team was never challenged by Freelasio. The Capitalizt jumped out to an early seven point lead, stretched it to 14 at halftime, 21 by the end of the third, which is how the game ended.

Up next, the Capitalizt travel to Mossulia in a battle of group A unbeatens. Mossulia is coming off a 45-34 victory at Sarzonia. Delaclava had the day off.
Last edited by Sibirsky on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:09 pm

One of my biggest pet peeves of all time on the road is people who CUT OFF others, but I'll cut these RPs off here.

Scores and tables to come. A reminder that tomorrow is an off night.

Group A results
Freelasio 50-48 Delaclava
Mossulia 50-30 Sibirsky
Sarzonia BYE

Mossulia 4 0 0 1.000 168 125 43
Sibirsky 3 0 1 .750 187 171 16
Sarzonia 2 0 2 .500 173 169 4
Freelasio 1 0 3 .250 146 180 -34
Delaclava 0 0 4 .000 164 193 -29

Group B results
Mytannion 42-34 Qazox
Krytenia 50-37 Cosumar
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega BYE

Cosumar 3 0 1 .750 169 151 18
Mytannion 3 0 1 .750 154 136 18
Qazox 2 0 2 .500 149 153 -4
ASMV 1 0 3 .250 150 155 -5
Krytenia 1 0 3 .000 157 181 -24

Group C results
Rennidan 52-28 Western Cuba
Wadomia 46-45 Stannge
Churchma BYE

Rennidan 3 0 1 .750 183 159 24
Wadomia 3 0 1 .750 156 167 -11
Western Cuba 2 0 2 .500 139 157 -18
Churchma 1 0 3 .250 138 141 -3
Stannge 1 0 3 .250 162 154 8
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:21 pm

By Tim Mariotti

Cardiac Qazox once again battled to the final seconds, but this time they were unlucky on the final play, as Mytannion returned the missed 37 yd FG attempt by Frank Jackson for a TD as time expired. Trailing 36-34, after Mytannion missed an extra point with 14 seconds left, setting Qazox up for a chance to steal a victory. But Jackson missed the FG attmept and Franc Libek returned it 54 yard after collecting the miss off the nets. Jake DeMotta did have a good day, going 21-26 for 273 yards with 4 TD, but Qazox only made 2 of 7 FG attempts in the game. Mytannion nailed all 5 of their FG attempts and that was the most likely reason for the loss. The road trip continues as Qazox travels to Krytenia to take on the Aces.

BOXSCORE
Qazox    10  7  7  10  34
Mytannion 6 10 13 13 42

SCORING SUMMARY:
MYT: 22 yd FG by Timotej Tom Baumhakl (3-0 Mytannion).
QZX: Jake DeMotta 31 yd TD pass to Ty Hobbes. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (7-3 Qazox).
MYT: 25 yd FG by Timotej Tom Baumhakl (7-6 Qazox).
QZX: 19 yd FG by Frank Jackson (10-6 Qazox).
MYT: Maksimilijan Kuruc 14 yd TD pass to Halil Zlatanov. PAT by Timotej Tom Baumhakl good. (13-10 Mytannion).
MYT: 28 yd FG by Timotej Tom Baumhakl (16-10 Mytannion).
QZX: Jake DeMotta 17 yd TD pass to Ty Hobbes. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (17-16 Qazox).
MYT: Maksimilijan Kuruc 25 yd TD pass to Vebi Krnic. PAT by Timotej Tom Baumhakl good. (23-17 Mytannion).
MYT: 34 yd FG by Timotej Tom Baumhakl (26-17 Mytannion).
QZX: Jake DeMotta 42 yd TD pass to Eric Janney. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (26-24 Mytannion).
MYT: 29 yd FG by Timotej Tom Baumhakl (29-24 Mytannion).
QZX: Jake DeMotta 42 yd TD pass to Eric Janney. PAT by Frank Jackson good. (31-29 Qazox).
MYT: 4 yd TD run by Tyko Hykinnen. PAT by Timotej Tom Baumhakl good. (36-31 Mytannion).
QZX: 25 yd FG by Frank Jackson (36-34 Mytannion).
MYT: 54 yd missed FG return for TD by Franc Libek. PAt not attempted. (42-34 Mytannion).
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Mytannion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:51 pm

'The perfect way to respond..'

by Isoef Jukic

A packed General Jarko Arena, watched a tense game versus the team from Qazox, ironically, the Qazox national team. It came down to the last play of the game, for our lads to out in a 42-34 win, where an attempted field goal , was caught off the nets by our own Franc Libek, who then ran and returned, a whole 54 yards, to gain a touchdown to win the match for the team.

The game started off very slowly however, with a 22 yard field goal by Timotej Tom Baumhakl, making the score 3-0 to Mytannion. Qazox hit back, with a 31 yard touchdown pass from Jake DeMotta to Ty Hobbes, the point-after touchdown, by Frank Johnson was good, Qazox coming back to 7-3. We then clawed their lead back down to 1 point, with a 25 yard field goal by Timotej Tom Baumhakl. This wasn't something to capitalize on however, when Frank Johnson, kicked a 19 yard field goal. We pulled the score back, with a Maksimilijan Kuruc 14 yard Touchdown pass to Halil Zlatanov, the PAT was good by Timotej Tom Baumhakl, making it 13-10 to us. We went further ahead, with a 28 yard field goal by the same kicker, T.T Baumhakl. 16-10 to Mytannion. Football is an unpredictable game however, and a 17 yard pass from Jake DeMotta to Ty Hobbes, and then a PAT by Frank Johnson, put Qazox back on top of the game, 17-16 to Qazox. But surprise, surprise! We came back yet again, to 23-17, a 25 yard pass from Maksimilijan Kuruc, set-up Vebi Krnic for the touchdown, and the PAT was good from T.T Baumhakl. We furthered this lead with a 34-yard field goal from Timotej Tom Baumhakl, the score now 26-17. But Qazox, resilient as ever, came back, with possibly the best play of the game, a 42 yard touchdown pass from Jake DeMotta to Eric Janney, and then the PAT by Frank Johnson, made the score 26-24. We then scored from another field goal, this time from 29 yards, by Timotej Tom Baumhakl. 29-24 Mytannion. But another 42 yard touchdown pass from the same quarterback, to the same receiver (Jake DeMotta to Eric Janney), put Qazox ahead, but by a small margin, 31-29. We went back ahead, when Tyko Hykinnen rushed across the line from 4 yards, and then the following PAT (by Timotej Tom Baumhakl), making the score 36-31. A 25-yard field goal by Frank Johnson, closed the gap to Mytannion 36-34 Qazox. And then in the last play of the game, Frank Johnson missed a 54 yard field goal, which was returned by Franc Libek, for a touchdown, and the six points, made the score 42-34 to our lads, the PAT wasn't attempted, nor needed.

Stats:
Maksimilijan Kuruc, threw for 56 yards, the lowest amount in any game for him so far.
Timotej Tom Baumhakl, converted 5 field goals, for a total of 138 yards, and then converted all PATs, apart from one that wasn't attempted.
Ty Hobbes (of Qazox), scored two touchdowns, the most by one player against our team.

Our fans went wild at Franc Libek's impact, and they all stayed until the last player went off the pitch, giving both teams a standing ovation, we're happy to note that the the band of 8,500 travelling fans from Qazox, were brilliant, not causing any trouble, and even mingling with many of our own fans. This made for a brilliant atmosphere around the arena, with the fans at the start, all stood up - for both - national anthems, and even - something that isn't normal for some of our die-hards - clapping the opposing team out onto the pitch.

This makes our record 3 and 1, and also, our main rivals - Cosumar, also recorded their first loss, to Krytenia, with a 13 point gap, 50-37 to Krytenia. Which makes our job easier, if we can win in the return fixture at Qazox, and Cosumar, struggle to a defeat against Krytenia (..again). Then we could put ourselves into pole-position. Our fans are travelling in number to Qazox too, although it is expected not even a fifth of the travelling fans will get into the stadium, forcing most to either stand outside, or watch the game from in a pub, or sportsbar. We beg all travelling fans to not be violent, or rise to any jibes or insults. We also beg you to not try and get inside the arena, unless you have managed to get a ticket.

Tomorrow is the break-day, with no fixtures being played, so our next game will be on the 23rd of August, and then our fixtures go in reverse of the fixtures already played, so Qazox, Cosumar, ASMV and then Krytenia - we, perhaps, have been the surprise package of our group so far, and maybe even the whole tournament, with a few extra wins, we could qualify, if we can get maybe, two more wins, making our record 5 to 3. The Mytannion Gazette thinks this would be enough to qualify as second, or third. Although, of course, we hope to win the group from the current position we have established, the game that - could - decide this, is against Cosumar...if they continue with the form they had before the loss against Krytenia today..

17th August- BYE
20th August- versus Cosumar (Lenny Fox Dome)LOSS 36-31
21st August- versus Qazox (General Jarko Arena)WIN 42-34
23rd August- BYE
24rd August- versus Krytenia (General Jarko Arena) -
26th August- versus Cosumar (General Jarko Arena) -
27th August- versus Qazox (Hemisphere Bank Center) -
Last edited by Mytannion on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sporting Achievements:

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 pm

ISPN

Thoughts on the first half of NS Arena Bowl qualifying

If this were the previous indoor gridball competition, then known as the Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup, the group stage would be over by now. However, event organisers hope to take full advantage of the popularity the previous tournament generated in terms of fan interest and increase the length of the group stage to eight matches over 10 days.

We reach the halfway point with several teams having stepped to the forefront who were not part of the scene in the SIGC, which event organisers have taken to calling NS Arena Bowl 0. For the sake of simplicity, we shall do so as well. Take Rennidan, for instance. The one-time World Bowl champions have made a living from the outdoor game, but did not compete in NS Arena Bowl 0.

However, they have taken to the indoor game like gangbusters, currently sitting in first place in Group C with a 3-0-1 record owing to their head-to-head victory over Wadomia on Matchday 2 (55-37). The Brawlers have looked nearly as impressive playing the indoor game as their brethren the Brutes have in the history of the outdoor game.

Another country that has impressed in this go-round is Mossulia, which remains the only unbeaten side in the NS Arena Bowl at 4-0-0. They defeated the host Stars by 11 points in Sarzonia's last match of the group stage before they, Andossa Se Mitrin Vega and Churchma had their byes.

The most disappointing nation so far has to be Churchma, which qualified for the quarterfinals in NS Arena Bowl 0, but even they would qualify for the knockout rounds if qualifying ended right now. The Raiders would be the 10th seed owing to point differential over the other teams with 1-0-3 records. They would be facing the Stars at Estrella Motor Cars Arena in Wilmington in the 7 v. 10 matchup. Andossa Se Mitrin Vega has also disappointed with a 1-0-3 record despite previous indoor gridball experience.

As for the Stars, perhaps not playing at The Palestra might be a good idea. Sarzonia has lost both matches there, while winning both matches away from the supposedly friendly confines. Granted, one of their wins came against Delaclava, and that's practically a home match for the Stars.

The second half promises more thrilling action, so stay tuned indoor gridball fans!
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm sure you all know that a tourniquet CUTS OFF circulation, like I'm doing with RPs for Matchday 6.

Scores and tables up shortly!

Group A results
Sibirsky 34-52 Sarzonia
Mossulia 38-44 Delaclava
Freelasio BYE

Mossulia 4 0 1 .800 206 169 37
Sarzonia 3 0 2 .600 225 203 22
Sibirsky 3 0 2 .600 221 223 -2
Freelasio 1 0 3 .250 146 180 -34
Delaclava 1 0 4 .200 208 231 -23

Sarzonia ahead of Sibirsky on point differential in head-to-head results, as both teams are 1-1.

Group B results
Cosumar 52-39 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Krytenia 51-37 Qazox
Mytannion BYE

Cosumar 4 0 1 .800 221 190 31
Mytannion 3 0 1 .750 154 136 18
Qazox 2 0 3 .400 186 204 -18
Krytenia 2 0 3 .400 208 218 -10
ASMV 1 0 4 .200 189 207 -18

Qazox ahead of Krytenia on point differential in head-to-head results, as both teams are 1-1.

Group C results
Stannge 34-36 Churchma
Wadomia 31-26 Western Cuba
Rennidan BYE

Wadomia 4 0 1 .800 187 193 -6
Rennidan 3 0 1 .750 183 159 24
Western Cuba 2 0 3 .400 165 188 -23
Churchma 2 0 3 .400 174 175 -1
Stannge 1 0 4 .200 196 190 6
Last edited by Sarzonia on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Portland Press-Herald

Capitalizt buck stops with Stars

By Josh Wiedman

WHITEDEER, Sibirsky (23 August 2010) -- Chris Painter knew the stakes coming in.

His Sarzonian national indoor gridball team lost their opening match of the NS Arena Bowl to Sibirsky in front of a disappointed crowd at The Palestra and the team stumbled to a 2-2 record in the first half of qualifying. The Capitalizt came into the night riding high with a 3-1 mark, good for second place in Group A. A victory would have made it nearly impossible for the Stars to catch the Capitalizt.

The Stars quarterback made certain that Sibirsky wouldn't get a chance to pull away, throwing six touchdown passes and converting four of six on third down opportunities to lead Sarzonia to a 52-34 victory in front of a sold out crowd of 13,860 at Whitedeer Arena.

"We knew they had the head-to-head [tiebreaker] coming in, so we had to play hard," Painter said. "Coach [Brad] Abernathy and I made it a point of emphasis for me to make better decisions with the ball and not force passes into tight coverage."

Painter completed 23-of-34 passes for 291 yards and threw one interception. That pick came on third-and-16 from the Sarzonia 6-yard-line. Richie Goede caught the pass in the end zone and was touched by wide receiver Lyle Tunney for a touchback.

"Just a glorified punt," Abernathy said of the play, which led to a three-and-out by the Capitalizt.

The victory gives Sarzonia the advantage in total point differential between the sides, which is the next tiebreaker after head-to-head results. Sibirsky defeated the Stars 51-43 on Matchday 1. Their next match will be at The Palestra against Delaclava, a team that has yet to taste victory in the NS Arena Bowl. However, Painter said the Stars would be wary of them.

"Don't they say that a wounded animal is more dangerous?" he said. "Delaclava's going to play with pride and determination. They're going to want to come and beat us at our house after we beat them at theirs."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:30 pm

New QB - Same Old Song and Dance

After a tumultuous first half of qualification which saw the Sky Dragons lose their first three games and top two quarterbacks, ASMV glimpsed a small ray of hope as they knocked off the mighty grid ball playing nation of Krytenia. Ok. So they weren’t that good. But we did get a win and that bolstered new hope for the second half.

False hope, as it turned out. The Sky Dragons took to the artificial grass with artificial wind blowing in their faces to meet their next victim, Cosumar. Hey! Don’t laugh. That is exactly how things went - right up until the ball was kicked away and Cosumar began dishing out the ass-kicking we could do nothing to stop.

Down 21 nothing in less than seven minutes to begin the game and then we never did pull closer than 10 points. But at least our new QB what’s-his’name looked decent as he went 23-35 for 419 yards but seemed to locate corners in the end zone rather than receivers. But it was a huge step in the right direction - I think. Is there really such a thing as a moral victory?

Didn’t think so. Hats off to Cosumar for a game well played - but not on the field next time. Those four penalties really hurt.

And at least we know Delaclava is lurking at the bottom of Group A. They are all that keeps us from being the worst team here. Sad - but true.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Because I lost track of time, I wasn't able to get to the barber shop in time to get the bulk of my hair CUT OFF. However, I am able to cut off RPs in a somewhat on time fashion.

Scores and tables coming shortly!

Group A results
Sarzonia 43-46 Delaclava
Freelasio 39-46 Mossulia
Sibirsky BYE

Mossulia 5 0 1 .833 252 198 54
Sibirsky 3 0 2 .600 221 223 -2
Sarzonia 3 0 3 .500 268 249 19
Delaclava 2 0 4 .333 254 274 -20
Freelasio 1 0 4 .200 185 226 -41

Group B results
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 48-45 Qazox
Mytannion 56-25 Krytenia
Cosumar BYE

Cosumar 4 0 1 .800 221 190 31
Mytannion 4 0 1 .800 210 161 49
ASMV 2 0 4 .333 237 252 -15
Qazox 2 0 4 .333 231 252 -21
Krytenia 2 0 4 .333 233 274 -41

Cosumar ahead of Mytannion on head-to-head result. ASMV ahead of Qazox on total point differential as point differential in head-to-head results is even and both teams are 1-1 against each other. In addition, ASMV is also ahead of Krytenia in head-to-head result. Qazox ahead of Krytenia on point differential in head-to-head results, as both teams are 1-1.

Group C results
Churchma 52-34 Western Cuba
Rennidan 41-30 Wadomia
Stannge BYE

Rennidan 4 0 1 .800 224 189 35
Wadomia 4 0 2 .667 217 234 -17
Churchma 3 0 3 .500 226 209 17
Western Cuba 2 0 4 .333 199 240 -41
Stannge 1 0 4 .200 196 190 6
Last edited by Sarzonia on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports