NATION

PASSWORD

Unarmed Black Individual Shot by Tulsa PD

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Imperial Union of America wrote:
Skyviolia wrote:
Maybe African Americans are that way because we have treated them like shit for the majority of American history? Maybe because the majority of blacks WERE SLAVES and servants and not Government leaders because they were FORCED to live that way?

I agree we treated minority groups in the United States very poorly in the past -- we should have never kidnapped them and forced them into servitude. But we treated Asians like shit, too. Ever heard of forced chinese labour? Japanese interment camps? and yet they are doing better than whites in this country. Don't use our past as an excuse for the failures of modern african-american culture, i think that's a mistake.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Preposterous. The United States were founded for all men, with concessions made to history because people can be horrible. Strength comes from diversity, though integrated diversity is necessary.

Racism is natural in a society and a community. You will never have minority groups reach equality with the majority group. It only causes division and conflict. That is why, despite hundreds of years and 50 years of social engineering, our groups are still separate. Look at an ethnic map of the United States, hispanics and blacks don't want to live with whites and vis versa. We naturally separate.

Weirdly, I live next to an Italian man. You know, the Brits used to think Southern Europeans were their own race.

...I suppose I should naturally separate from him?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Imperial Union of America
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:49 pm

I agree we treated minority groups in the United States very poorly in the past -- we should have never kidnapped them and forced them into servitude. But we treated Asians like shit, too. Ever heard of forced chinese labour? Japanese interment camps? and yet they are doing better than whites in this country. Don't use our past as an excuse for the failures of modern african-american culture, i think that's a mistake.

Racism is natural in a society and a community. You will never have minority groups reach equality with the majority group. It only causes division and conflict. That is why, despite hundreds of years and 50 years of social engineering, our groups are still separate. Look at an ethnic map of the United States, hispanics and blacks don't want to live with whites and vis versa. We naturally separate.

Weirdly, I live next to an Italian man. You know, the Brits used to think Southern Europeans were their own race.

Though britons and southern europeans are different, the difference between different european groups is very, very slight compared to the difference between, say, an african and a european. Europeans share a very similar culture. You can't compare different european sub-groups to the entirely difference races (E.G., Japanese vs Korean/Italian vs French compared to French vs Algerian)
I'm a Fascist and i believe the constitution should be suspended. All enemies of the state should be rounded up and permanently deported.

"But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such kind of partiality is natural to Mankind." - Benjamin Franklin

Skyviolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyviolia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Though britons and southern europeans are different, the difference between different european groups is very, very slight compared to the difference between, say, an african and a european. Europeans share a very similar culture. You can't compare different european sub-groups to the entirely difference races (E.G., Japanese vs Korean/Italian vs French compared to French vs Algerian)

The point is what you do or do not consider different races is entirely subjective, and is opening a Pandora's box.
Qui est-ce ?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:52 pm

So you're saying there's a, say, inverse square law of racial housing? For every 0.001% of the human genome I don't share with someone I have to live a mile further away from them?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:54 pm

I'm not going to bother going back to count, but I believe that this is the third time that I have warned this thread to get back on track.

Imperial American Union, it is especially poor form to hijack your own thread.

If this continues, the thread will be locked for an indefinite period of time while I consult with the Mod Team as to what to do with it, and warnings will be handed out.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Skyviolia wrote:

The point is what you do or do not consider different races is entirely subjective, and is opening a Pandora's box.

It's funny how so called 'racial realism' has ignorance of biology at its very core.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Police officer Betty Shelby has been charged with 1st degree manslaughter
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us/tulsa- ... index.html
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Police officer Betty Shelby has been charged with 1st degree manslaughter

The evidence must not support the narrative being peddled in this thread.

At least we can say there's enough evidence for an indictment (which, I will remind everyone, is the "more likely than not" standard).
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Police officer Betty Shelby has been charged with 1st degree manslaughter

WHHAAATT!?
I was NOT expecting that to happen.
Lets see if there's a serious investigation now.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Galloism wrote:

The evidence must not support the narrative being peddled in this thread.

At least we can say there's enough evidence for an indictment (which, I will remind everyone, is the "more likely than not" standard).

I'm confused, what narrative would that be?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Galloism wrote:The evidence must not support the narrative being peddled in this thread.

I'm confused, what narrative would that be?

Oh you know, that black people are basically mindless thugs that need to be put down like rabid dogs.

That narrative.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Galloism wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I'm confused, what narrative would that be?

Oh you know, that black people are basically mindless thugs that need to be put down like rabid dogs.

That narrative.

Gotcha.

Balkenreich
Senator

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkenreich » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Galloism wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I'm confused, what narrative would that be?

That narrative.

I mean, its not the "Cops are racist genocidal maniacs" but hey, shitters cant be choosers.
Mattis/Puller 2020
I don't gotta prove shit
American, full of vinegar and out of fucks to give.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Balkenreich wrote:
Galloism wrote:Oh you know, that black people are basically mindless thugs that need to be put down like rabid dogs.

That narrative.

I mean, its not the "Cops are racist genocidal maniacs" but hey, shitters cant be choosers.

Yeah that's not really being put forward by anyone.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Galloism wrote:Oh you know, that black people are basically mindless thugs that need to be put down like rabid dogs.

That narrative.

Gotcha.

That being said, even an indictment is not definitive although it is a cause for taking this even more seriously than we already did.

In order to secure an indictment, generally, you must prove the person's guilt by the preponderance of evidence standard. You must prove that there is a greater than even chance that the crime in question occurred. Now, there's a long running joke that you can indict a ham sandwich, but given how quickly this has moved, the evidence is *probably* strong.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Genivaria wrote:

WHHAAATT!?

I don't think anyone was expecting it to happen
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Genivaria wrote:

WHHAAATT!?

I tend to get tons of jury callups, maybe i'll get lucky since i live there haha.
I'm a Fascist and i believe the constitution should be suspended. All enemies of the state should be rounded up and permanently deported.

"But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such kind of partiality is natural to Mankind." - Benjamin Franklin

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Genivaria wrote:WHHAAATT!?

I tend to get tons of jury callups, maybe i'll get lucky since i live there haha.

Well I'd disqualify you.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

You'll get thown off of the jury
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 pm

"Do you have any beliefs that may prevent you from making a decision based solely on the law?"

Keeping in mind lying to get around this question is perjury.
Last edited by Vassenor on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Galloism wrote:

Well I'd disqualify you.

Thermodolia wrote:

You don't think i'd really be dumb enough to make my view plain in such a situation, do you?

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm

I believe I remember reading an infographic that stated 142 unarmed Black American men had been killed by police since the death of Michael Brown in 2014. Honestly, it's a shame that this man will go down as part of another statistic. I do think that policee departments across the nation need to undergo serious revisions and look at how they can prevent themselves from furthering this atrocious behavior.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Galloism wrote:Well I'd disqualify you.

Thermodolia wrote:You'll get thown off of the jury

You don't think i'd really be dumb enough to make my view plain in such a situation, do you?

Well, if there's an 11-1 mistrial, I'm going to call the prosecutor's office and tell them that there was someone who might be a juror that was posting online that they planned to deliberately undermine the legal process in violation of their oath as a juror.

Evidence of such could land you with criminal charges, and I don't feel bad about it.
Last edited by Galloism on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balkenreich
Senator

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkenreich » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

"That man was a Nigger so therefor he deserved to die, your honor."
"...what the fuck is wrong with you? Youre in the bathroom for chrissakes and youve been dismissed this morning. Its 6PM."
Mattis/Puller 2020
I don't gotta prove shit
American, full of vinegar and out of fucks to give.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:20 pm

Balkenreich wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:You'll get thown off of the jury

"That man was a Nigger so therefor he deserved to die, your honor."
"...what the fuck is wrong with you? Youre in the bathroom for chrissakes and youve been dismissed this morning. Its 6PM."

Pfft HA!
Okay that was good.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General