NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites (Preparing for timeskip, everyone loves those)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite serious moment and favorite comedic moment. (Seeing what people like)

Nightshade's death
14%
Funeral massacre
14%
Eagle's dream
10%
Pryce's machinations
No votes
Supervillain uprising
No votes
Introduction to the Minnesota Infinites
7%
The French Man (His existence)
34%
Misadventures in Minneapolis
7%
Misadventures back in Orient
14%

Total votes : 29

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:44 pm

So...how exactly do I arrive into this story?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Land of the Golden Blobfish
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Danceria wrote:So...how exactly do I arrive into this story?

You could either show up at the Minnesota Infinities HQ or perhaps join either the fight against Mr frenchy or Diet Cola

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:49 pm

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:

You could either show up at the Minnesota Infinities HQ or perhaps join either the fight against Mr frenchy or Diet Cola

Oh yeah that reminds me, do we have to make an app for a villain if they're only going to have a short appearance in the RP?

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:54 pm

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:I was thinking, could I have Matt have some sort of connection with the original Infinites? Like nothing major just something I was going to add in a flashback but then realized I don't really feel like writing another flashback yet. I was thinking that when he was a kid, and potentially teenager, he went to a cheesy summer camp where you "trained to be a superhero". And perhaps the original Infinites were there as "mascots for the children" so Matt grows up with them as his rolemodels. So when he hears about their betrayal and basically killing everyone, he goes and tries to confront/ fight them himself which possibly leads to him dieing or at least thought to have been killed.

So you want this to be your backstory but not a post?

Why does he have to go himself?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Diet Cola?

Negotiator

Anarchy

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:You could either show up at the Minnesota Infinities HQ or perhaps join either the fight against Mr frenchy or Diet Cola

Oh yeah that reminds me, do we have to make an app for a villain if they're only going to have a short appearance in the RP?

Depends on what they are for.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Just jump in wherever it suits you. We're very adaptive here.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:17 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:I was thinking, could I have Matt have some sort of connection with the original Infinites? Like nothing major just something I was going to add in a flashback but then realized I don't really feel like writing another flashback yet. I was thinking that when he was a kid, and potentially teenager, he went to a cheesy summer camp where you "trained to be a superhero". And perhaps the original Infinites were there as "mascots for the children" so Matt grows up with them as his rolemodels. So when he hears about their betrayal and basically killing everyone, he goes and tries to confront/ fight them himself which possibly leads to him dieing or at least thought to have been killed.

So you want this to be your backstory but not a post?

I was thinking he would foolishly go in anger without really considering the consequences.
The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:Oh yeah that reminds me, do we have to make an app for a villain if they're only going to have a short appearance in the RP?

Depends on what they are for.

Diet Cola would just be a villain that Matt and Fruit Passion ecounter. I would just be using him as a way to tell the two about what happened, like Diet Cola would be ranting about how the Infinites have been killed and now no one is standing in his way sorta thing.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:31 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:So you want this to be your backstory but not a post?

I was thinking he would foolishly go in anger without really considering the consequences.
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Depends on what they are for.

Diet Cola would just be a villain that Matt and Fruit Passion ecounter. I would just be using him as a way to tell the two about what happened, like Diet Cola would be ranting about how the Infinites have been killed and now no one is standing in his way sorta thing.

That sounds fine.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:35 pm

I would make at least a short app for Diet Cola. Just to show we he does.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:43 pm

Talchyon wrote:

I'm going to create an unofficial program which basically Professor Xavier's School For Gifted Children... except it's the Superhero Job Placement For Gifted Children.

Where's the Infinite's HQ?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Danceria wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I'm going to create an unofficial program which basically Professor Xavier's School For Gifted Children... except it's the Superhero Job Placement For Gifted Children.

Where's the Infinite's HQ?

Which Infinite branch?

The Minnesota Infinites HQ is in the small town of Orient, Minnesota.

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:51 pm

OMG I just found the actual RP thread. That explains a lot. Like why I haven't been RP-ing.
*ultimate face-palm*
Last edited by Thecreamof on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:53 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I would make at least a short app for Diet Cola. Just to show we he does.

ok

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Thecreamof wrote:OMG I just found the actual RP thread. That explains a lot. Like why I haven't been RP-ing.
*ultimate face-palm*

What were you on?

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:10 pm

The Apps short just because I got rid of the stuff that did not apply to him.

Name: Tim Allen
Codename: Diet Cola
Sex: Male
Appearance: Costume looks like Captain Americas but is silver and red.
Bio: Working at a Cola factory all his life, Tim was exposed to the cruel life that is a middle class worksman. However one day, the minimal safety regulations the facility held almost cost Tim his life when he fell into a vat of diet cola. The carbonated beverage mixed within Tim’s bloodstream, making him half soda. Eager to take his anger out on both the company that turned him into a monster and America as a whole (for some reason) he went under the uncreative name of Diet Cola, hardset to terrorize the very people he once loved.
Powers: He’s like Sandman where he has the ability to transform his body into a substance but with him it’s cola. And like gooey slime cola at that (so he can actually grab onto stuff). His ability enable him to absorb most blows with little to no affect as he can reform himself. He can also take over other people’s bodies by twisting his nasty cola tentacles down peoples throats (This isn’t hentai I swear). If he’s in a pickle he can turn into liquid and escape

What are your weaknesses?: Even though he could reform, it’s easier to control him if his body is broken into many pieces. And if he’s confined, like in a plastic bottle, he has no way of getting out.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): Probably his less than savoury attitude towards the country's current economic policies. Oh yeah, and he also kills people.

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Thecreamof wrote:OMG I just found the actual RP thread. That explains a lot. Like why I haven't been RP-ing.
*ultimate face-palm*

What were you on?

This thread >_> <_<
I nominate myself for a stupidity award
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Danceria if no one at HQ posts soon I can move Fruit Passion there.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:45 pm

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:The Apps short just because I got rid of the stuff that did not apply to him.

Bio: Working at a Cola factory all his life, Tim was exposed to the cruel life that is a middle class worksman. However one day, the minimal safety regulations the facility held almost cost Tim his life when he fell into a vat of diet cola. The carbonated beverage mixed within Tim’s bloodstream, making him half soda. Eager to take his anger out on both the company that turned him into a monster and America as a whole (for some reason) he went under the uncreative name of Diet Cola, hardset to terrorize the very people he once loved.
Powers: He’s like Sandman where he has the ability to transform his body into a substance but with him it’s cola. And like gooey slime cola at that (so he can actually grab onto stuff). His ability enable him to absorb most blows with little to no affect as he can reform himself. He can also take over other people’s bodies by twisting his nasty cola tentacles down peoples throats (This isn’t hentai I swear). If he’s in a pickle he can turn into liquid and escape

What are your weaknesses?: Even though he could reform, it’s easier to control him if his body is broken into many pieces. And if he’s confined, like in a plastic bottle, he has no way of getting out.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): Probably his less than savoury attitude towards the country's current economic policies. Oh yeah, and he also kills people.

Accepted.

He seems powerful though. Fruit Passion just has his fists and whatever nearby objects he can find. Can your guy take him?

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Thecreamof wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:What were you on?

This thread >_> <_<

Based on your OOC posts I had Aero-Gal come to Minneapolis.

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Thecreamof wrote:
This thread >_> <_<

Based on your OOC posts I had Aero-Gal come to Minneapolis.

Yeah, when I found the actual RP thread I read back through to catch up on what's actually going on. Major thanks
Unfortunately it'll be a little while before I can post anything as I have things to do & places to go. I'll try to post something tomorrow.

Sorry again for my dumb-ness. New to RP-ing & all that fun jazz.
Last edited by Thecreamof on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of the Golden Blobfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:08 pm

The Land of the Golden Blobfish wrote:The Apps short just because I got rid of the stuff that did not apply to him.

Accepted.

He seems powerful though. Fruit Passion just has his fists and whatever nearby objects he can find. Can your guy take him?

Probably not but his anvils would be able to splatter the guy everywhere to the point having to constantly reform would annoy him enough to just call it quits and escape through the sewer

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Is this still open by chance? And if yes then is it possible to be a more villainous character or does everyone have to be a good guy?

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Is this still open by chance? And if yes then is it possible to be a more villainous character or does everyone have to be a good guy?

Don't see a reason to close it.

I suppose you could be a villain now. It's the perfect time in fact. With the deaths of many of the "cool heroes", wannabe villains are trying their hand at a life of crime.

In fact I think I'll make a seperate app for villains.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Is this still open by chance? And if yes then is it possible to be a more villainous character or does everyone have to be a good guy?

Don't see a reason to close it.

I suppose you could be a villain now. It's the perfect time in fact. With the deaths of many of the "cool heroes", wannabe villains are trying their hand at a life of crime.

In fact I think I'll make a seperate app for villains.

Awesome. I get to be an inaugural villain. My idea was less someone trying to take over the world and more so someone committed to living on the wrong side of the law at the cost of others' property, life, etc. Should I wait for a separate app or just modify the existing one?
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse