NATION

PASSWORD

[NSG Senate] Senate Chamber: Do We Have Work?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Putu Hutapea rose donning his military attire, unusual for non-campaign related events, and his usual stern appearance as he spoke loudly and clearly.
"Mr. Speaker, this country has been shown to be at significant risk of radical terror both domestic and by organizations affiliated with groups like Daesh. We've had dozens of our own citizens fall to this threat, and have had an even large number, undoubtedly, leave this country to go travel internationally for groups like Daesh. What has this country's government, and the President done to address this serious threat of low-level terrorism among common people, and the recruitment of Elizians into this un-Islamic, murderous view?"
Last edited by Kamchastkia on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Newly made Leader of the Opposition Tijah bin Dian stood and sought recognition from the Speaker.

"Mister Speaker, first, allow me to thank the President for his words, I, and I am sure that the entire country as well, do appreciate his concern for our safety and his dedication to preventing more unnecessary violence, truly I do.

Now to my first question, Mister Speaker. I would like to inquire as to when the President plans to release his government's first budget."

Tijah took his seat.
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Kamchastkia wrote:Putu Hutapea rose donning his military attire, unusual for non-campaign related events, and his usual stern appearance as he spoke loudly and clearly.
"Mr. Speaker, this country has been shown to be at significant risk of radical terror both domestic and by organizations affiliated with groups like Daesh. We've had dozens of our own citizens fall to this threat, and have had an even large number, undoubtedly, leave this country to go travel internationally for groups like Daesh. What has this country's government, and the President done to address this serious threat of low-level terrorism among common people, and the recruitment of Elizians into this un-Islamic, murderous view?"

"Mr Speaker, I thank the Hon. Hutapea for his question on national security. With the wounds of the horrid nature of terrorist attack still fresh on our minds, this government is making it abundantly clear that national security is this government's number one priority. I must stress, however, that neither the government nor the security services have received confirmation that the attack was specifically an Islamic fundamentalist one, leaving open the possibility of the perpetrators being left-wing revolutionaries, other religious fanatics or other political or ethnic insurgents. Judging by circumstance, however, we are reasonably certain the action was a terrorist attack. Whatever the case, this government cannot condone violent tactics that result in the loss of life on any scale.

Immediately after the attack of the 18th of August this government made it a priority to assess the situation and find and catch the criminals who committed the attack. We are gathering resources from at home and abroad: immediately after the attack, the Foreign Secretary Duong contacted world leaders in search of help against the threat of terrorism, and the Home Secretary Kamassi has put forward legislation and directives that will swiftly begin strong police, security, and counterterrorist operations in the capital and around the country. We have acted fast because lost time can cost lives; this government is proud to say that it is working very hard in providing security to Elizia, and that we are currently succeeding in that."
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Lykens wrote:Newly made Leader of the Opposition Tijah bin Dian stood and sought recognition from the Speaker.

"Mister Speaker, first, allow me to thank the President for his words, I, and I am sure that the entire country as well, do appreciate his concern for our safety and his dedication to preventing more unnecessary violence, truly I do.

Now to my first question, Mister Speaker. I would like to inquire as to when the President plans to release his government's first budget."

Tijah took his seat.

"Not before this next session of voting, but the next one."
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:33 pm

"Mister Speaker, I thank the President for his direct answer and I await the introduction of his government's budget.

Now, Mister Speaker, I would like to note that the President's commitment to ensuring our national security and determination to root out terrorism is an honorable one, but can the President give this august body assurances that civil liberties will not be infringed upon in this Government's mission to keep Elizia safe?"
Last edited by Lykens on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Lykens wrote:"Mister Speaker, I thank the President for his direct answer and I await the introduction of his government's budget.

Now, Mister Speaker, I would like to note that the President's commitment to ensuring our national security and determination to root out terrorism is an honorable one, but can the President give this august body assurances that civil liberties will not be infringed upon in this Government's mission to keep Elizia safe?"

"Mr Speaker, does the Hon. Gentleman not know the purpose or the contents of our Constitution? How could we infringe upon the civil liberties that the Constitution has offered us, the civil liberties that we have endowed unto ourselves after overthrowing a government that disrespected these very civil liberties? This government knows its Constitution, and our commitment to national security will not infringe it."
Rosa Luxemburg

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:54 pm

"While I thank the honorable President for his gracious reply, Mister Speaker, I am more than aware of the provisions of our constitution, but I am rife with the memories of a government not too long ago that did not care for established laws that protected the populace.

Mister Speaker, can the President describe his plans to begin drawing down the extreme inflation, unemployment, and poverty Elizia is facing at the moment?"

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Lykens wrote:"While I thank the honorable President for his gracious reply, Mister Speaker, I am more than aware of the provisions of our constitution, but I am rife with the memories of a government not too long ago that did not care for established laws that protected the populace.

Mister Speaker, can the President describe his plans to begin drawing down the extreme inflation, unemployment, and poverty Elizia is facing at the moment?"

"Mr Speaker, I thank the Hon Gentleman for his question on the government's economic policy. This government was appointed on an economic platform of Every Family A Job And A House, which illustrates this government's commitment to reaching full employment and reducing poverty. As we are committed to keeping a low and steady level of inflation, this government has already proposed the establishment of an independent central bank; with this in mind, our government wields only the tools of fiscal policy, leaving monetary policy to the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Elizia. Our economic programme will be one of macroeconomic stability through budget surpluses, a stronger framework for growth through infrastructure investment, and cooperating with the family businesses of Elizia to provide a sound business environment for them. These things together will drive investment into this country, and investment will drive our future - bringing down inflation, unemployment, and poverty."
Rosa Luxemburg

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:58 am

"Order, order. Questions to the President. are now over. We now begin debate on the National Revenue Service Establishment Act, by the Hon. President. It is a government bill, thus it takes precedence."

Order Paper

All times stated are tentatively 1830 UTC + 8 (Elizian Timezone) unless stated.

Sunday to Monday - Fishery Regulation Establishment Act (Hon Cornelius Sivousong-van der Loon)

Monday to Tuesday - The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act (Sen. Sayid Kasturi and Rt. Hon Tjilik Beluluk)

Tuesday to Wednesday - Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act (Rt. Hon Siva Jeyaretnam)

Wednesday to Thursday - Oral Questions to the President

Thursday to Friday - National Revenue Service Establishment Act (Rt. Hon Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang)

Friday to Saturday - Voting on proposed bills

Saturday to Sunday - Voting on proposed bIlls

"Attached is bill for easy reference."

National Revenue Service Establishment Act
Author: Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang (Arkolon)
Sponsors: Government

An act to provide for the administration and collection of State revenue.

BBE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Head of the State, by and with the counsel of the Government, and the authority of the Federal Parliament by virtue of the powers placed upon it by the Law, as follows:

Definitions:
tax year - the fiscal year for which entities and individuals report and file taxes.

Purposes:
  • To set a framework for the collection of tax revenues.
  • To set a framework for administration of tax collection and tax fraud investigation.
  • To establish a system of national tax numbers.
  • To set a framework for distribution of tax credits and tax refunds.

§1 - National Revenue Service
a) The National Revenue Service (NRS) shall be established as an executive department of the Ministry of Finance.
b) The NRS shall collect taxes from individuals, businesses, and other entities.
c) The NRS shall handle all administration of revenue collection.
d) The NRS shall handle all distribution of tax credits and refunds.
e) To administer revenue collection and tax credit payments, the NRS shall create a State Tax Number (STN) for every Elizian worker, taxpayer, and business.
f) The NRS shall have funds appropriated to it to hire employees to administer the NRS and to hire executives to manage the NRS.
g) The NRS shall investigate tax fraud and avoidance, in accordance with the Justice Ministry.

§2 - State Tax Number
a) All registered businesses, paid employees, contractors, and workers, and any other individuals or entities that receive income (both earned and unearned) must have a State Tax Number.
b) All legal residents and registered businesses who have the right to work or be in business, respectively, are entitled to a State Tax Number.
c) The National Revenue Service shall create an STN for all of the aforementioned groups in §2-a.
d) Groups mentioned in §2-a must get an STN from the National Revenue Service in order to be employed, open for business, and earning income.
e) Employers must have an STN for any person they pay wages or salaries to in order to employ them.
f) The formula for creating the STNs shall be developed by the National Revenue Service, and must be a random string of numbers.

§3 - Tax Collection from Individual Employees
a) People employed by a firm, not as a contractor, shall have personal income and social taxes deducted from their wages or salaries by their employer, via a "Pay As You Earn" (PAYE) system.
i.) Individuals shall be automatically enrolled in the PAYE system.
b) Individuals shall also have the right to pay their tax liability in a lump-sum at the end of the year.
c) The NRS shall devise a framework for administering this system.

§4 - Tax Collection from other Income-Earning Individuals
a) Individuals who earn income, not as employees of a firm, must pay applicable taxes by filing an annual tax return with the NRS.
b) Individuals shall have the right to pay tax on a quarterly basis or annual basis.
c) The NRS shall devise a framework for administering this system.

§5 - Tax Collection from Private Entities
a) Private entities, such as businesses, must pay applicable taxes by filing an annual tax return with the NRS.
b) The NRS shall devise a framework for administering this system.

§6 - The Tax Year
a) The 'tax year' shall run from the 1st of January to the 31st December.
b) Tax returns must be filed with the NRS by the 31st of March.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:20 am

"I applaud the well thought out bill from our President. As the NRS does not set forth any particular rates or establish a tax plan, which naturally would be more contentious, I do not see a reason for opposing this bill."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:40 am

"We now move on to voting on the Acts presented before us this week."

Order Paper

All times stated are tentatively 1830 UTC + 8 (Elizian Timezone) unless stated.

Sunday to Monday - Fishery Regulation Establishment Act (Hon Cornelius Sivousong-van der Loon)

Monday to Tuesday - The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act (Sen. Sayid Kasturi and Rt. Hon Tjilik Beluluk)

Tuesday to Wednesday - Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act (Rt. Hon Siva Jeyaretnam)

Wednesday to Thursday - Oral Questions to the President

Thursday to Friday - National Revenue Service Establishment Act (Rt. Hon Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang)

Friday to Saturday - Voting on proposed bills

Saturday to Sunday - Voting on proposed bIlls

Code: Select all
[b]Armenian Genocide Recognition Act[/b]:
[b]Fishery Regulation Establishment Act[/b]:
[b]Emergency Policing Act[/b]:
[b]The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act[/b]:
[b]Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act[/b]:
[b]National Revenue Service Establishment Act[/b]:

"Voting shall last till Sunday, the things that go after the colon are supposed to be AYE, NAY or ABSTAIN."
Last edited by Tumbra on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:57 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: ABSTAIN
Fishery Regulation Establishment Act: ABSTAIN
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: NAY
Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act: AYE
National Revenue Service Establishment Act: AYE
Emergency Policing Act: AYE
Last edited by The Sarian on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: PRESENT
Fishery Regulation Establishment Act: AYE
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: PRESENT
Last edited by Ainin on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:24 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: ABSTAIN
Fishery Regulation Establishment Act: ABSTAIN
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: AYE
Last edited by Arkolon on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosa Luxemburg

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drawkland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:54 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: AYE
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: AYE
Last edited by Drawkland on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:01 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: aye
Fishery Regulation Establishment Act: aye
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: nay
Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act: aye
National Revenue Service Establishment Act: aye
Slava Ukraini

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:11 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: Aye
Fishery Regulation Establishment Act: Abstain
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: One-line whip AYE
Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act: Three-line whip AYE
National Revenue Service Establishment Act: Three-line whip AYE
Last edited by Red Blackiland on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:29 am

Armenian Genocide Recognition Act: Abstain
Fishery Regulation Establishment Act: Aye
Emergency Policing Act: Aye
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: Aye
Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act: Aye
National Revenue Service Establishment Act: Aye
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Nariterrr
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:51 am

Emergency Policing Act: Nay
The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act: Aye
Last edited by Nariterrr on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Honestly who knows what about anything anymore.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 am

"If all Hon. Members could heed attention, please."

"The Speaker apologises for missing out a bill because the order paper was faulty. This bill was the Emergency Policing Act."

Code: Select all
[b]Armenian Genocide Recognition Act[/b]:
[b]Fishery Regulation Establishment Act[/b]:
[b]Emergency Policing Act[/b]:
[b]The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act[/b]:
[b]Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act[/b]:
[b]National Revenue Service Establishment Act[/b]:

"Voting shall last till Sunday, the things that go after the colon are supposed to be AYE, NAY or ABSTAIN."

"All Senators above may either resubmit their vote and make it such that their earlier vote is invalid (by editing the post) or by editing the post to include the new Act, or just leave it out altogether, in which case it will count as an effective abstention."

"The voting slip above will also be edited to reflect these changes. The Speaker is deeply sorry for this mistake."
Last edited by Tumbra on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Symplegades
Attaché

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Symplegades » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:12 am

Democratic Socialism, Hadash, Palestine, Meretz, Green Party USA, Old Labour/Red Labour, The American Midwest, The East Coast, Womanism, Trotskyism, the EU, Bernie Sanders, PFLP, The East Coast, Eugene V Debs, Marx

, Hamas, Israel, Progressivism, USA, LibDems, Conservatives, Democrats, Hillary, Canada, California, Social Democracy, Social Liberalism, Fatah, Blairites

UKIP, neoliberalism, anarcho-capitalism, Maoism, Netanyahu, Republicans, Drumpf, fascism, capitalism, Likud, CPUSA, Thatcherites, Ronald Reagan

Britanno 3
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 3 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 am

NSGS: Senator Helen Blackley (Independent)
Pro: UK Labour Party, US Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Clement Atlee, Social Democracy, Internationalism, European Union
Anti: UK Conservative Party, US Republicans, Jeremy Corbyn, Donald Trump, Margaret Thatcher, Nationalism

United Provinces of Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby United Provinces of Atlantica » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:43 am

Emergency Policing Act: Aye
Citizen of Lazarus
The Most Serene Confederation of Vasturia: FactbookConstitutionReligionOther
Warden in The Grey Wardens - Join Today!

Skyviolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyviolia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am

Last edited by Skyviolia on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qui est-ce ?

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:54 am

Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives