NATION

PASSWORD

Share Your R/D Adventures

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
NationStates News
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Share Your R/D Adventures

Postby NationStates News » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:19 am

Hello everyone! This is NationStates News from The NationStates Journal.
We will soon be coming out with a Special R/D Issue of the Journal that is all about Raiding/Defending gameplay. As part of this, we are asking you to share with us stories of your R/D adventures. It can be anything that fits under "R/D gameplay stories (that are not made-up)."
The top three stories will be featured in The NationStates Journal. Submit on this thread or through a TG to NationStates News or NationStates News Representative.

Tomimdi
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tomimdi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:33 pm

So Professor Henn decided he wanted to raid Asia. At the time he had some position in SPSF (South Pacific Special Forces), and had arranged for somewhere in the range of 15 endorsements. He, however, had not actually personally confirmed any more than 5 endorsements, one of those being 'A' endorsement from Osiris' Sekhmet Legion (that endorsement being myself).
This is all what I heard from Festavo at via hearsay.

This is where what I experienced happened.
I get brought to the SPSF operations IRC, and to my terror, it turns out that there are only 5 people there, including myself, and only Henn and I had raided before. Some other Sekhmet showed up later thanks to my begging. Apparently sometime along the line, Henn decided that I would be leading the raid, and he also decided that it would be a good idea not to tell me until about ten minutes before the jump. So to the horror of Myself, and anyone else who had ever lead a raid before (The Sekhmet people I mentioned), six minutes before the jump, chaos erupts when Henn says that I am leading the raid.
I look at Asia, and we are lacking endorsements. A serious amount of endorsements. About 8 endorsements. I decide the only sensible thing to do at this point, is Hijack a TBR Raiding party to try make up for it, however we still lacked 4 endorsements. I decided at this point that raiding Anything was now on the table. I turned my sights to The World Alliance, telling everyone that this operation was not to be reported to any of the organizations involved. In the end, I had to report it to the Pharaoh at the Time, Tim-Opolis anyway.
Last edited by Tomimdi on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomimdi Denral
The one shrouded in darkness.
Find your way into the family of Laughing Coffin

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Tomimdi wrote:So Professor Henn decided he wanted to raid Asia. At the time he had some position in SPSF (South Pacific Special Forces), and had arranged for somewhere in the range of 15 endorsements. He, however, had not actually personally confirmed any more than 5 endorsements, one of those being 'A' endorsement from Osiris' Sekhmet Legion (that endorsement being myself).

I get brought to the SPSF operations IRC, and to my terror, it turns out that there are only 5 people there, including myself, and only Henn and I had raided before. Some other Sekhmet showed up later thanks to my begging. Apparently sometime along the line, Henn decided that I would be leading the raid, and he also decided that it would be a good idea not to tell me until about ten minutes before the jump. So to the horror of Myself, and anyone else who had ever lead a raid before (The Sekhmet people I mentioned), six minutes before the jump, chaos erupts when Henn says that I am leading the raid.
I look at Asia, and we are lacking endorsements. A serious amount of endorsements. About 8 endorsements. I decide the only sensible thing to do at this point, is Hijack a TBR Raiding party to try make up for it, however we still lacked 4 endorsements. I decided at this point that raiding Anything was now on the table. I turned my sights to The World Alliance, telling everyone that this operation was not to be reported to any of the organizations involved. In the end, I had to report it to the Pharaoh at the Time, Tim-Opolis anyway.

I remember this. I was part of the TBR raiding party that was hijacked, and created the nation Dude What Are You Even Doing to personify my entire reaction to it. :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:15 am

During the DEN occupation of St Abbaddon, I was contacted by Alpha Wolf from Werewolves of the Flame to help liberate it from DEN. We had done quite a bit of preparation, and I rooted through my region (It had a lot more members then) for WA Members willing to help, which just happened to be one of my members called The Imperium Empires (They are CTE now). I had also prepared a launch region disguised as a real region named Hazardia. Nearer to the time the actual attack was to take place, I had found out that DEN had been zapped by Moderation due to the Predator Scandal, and St Abbaddon natives was able to sort itself out after that, meaning our work was all for nothing :3
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:07 am

Tomimdi wrote:So Professor Henn decided he wanted to raid Asia. At the time he had some position in SPSF (South Pacific Special Forces), and had arranged for somewhere in the range of 15 endorsements. He, however, had not actually personally confirmed any more than 5 endorsements, one of those being 'A' endorsement from Osiris' Sekhmet Legion (that endorsement being myself).

I also remember this as I was one of the aforementioned Sekhmet members in this bizarre operation. Luckily Aurum took over and salvaged what he could from that night. Still, its a good story to tell!
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 am

I remember Pirates. But I don't remember which Pirates, there were so many versions it seems the same now.
Mekhet of The Black Hawks.

I only represent Mek.

Arualaen Reincarnated
Secretary

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arualaen Reincarnated » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 am

Anyone remember when DEN raided Anarchy?
Commander of Armed forces in Anti Raiders Universal Alliance and currently in Fash Bash!
Former: General of TPWNBB armed Forces and A Grey Warden

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 am

I'd much rather remember when TBH "occupied" Equestria.
Friendliest "invasion" of all time.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Arualaen Reincarnated
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Arualaen Reincarnated » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 am

You are right about that. What were you guys thinking?
Last edited by Arualaen Reincarnated on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commander of Armed forces in Anti Raiders Universal Alliance and currently in Fash Bash!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Arualaen Reincarnated wrote:You are right about that. What were you guys thinking? Meket, regarding your TG you sent me, I'm not trying to get DoSed. I respect the Mods, unlike my brother.

Now you're just spamming random threads about your moderation record. *** Warned for spamming. *** Cut it out now, or you'll get forum banned. Do not reply to this post.

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:52 pm

I have had so many raiding adventures! I think my favorite was tag raiding Free Thought. The delegate was set to non-executive so we though it was a miss.. But I noticed I could still mess with stuff.. that is when I discovered non-executive delegates with regional officer powers can actually raid the region! Might be why delegates lose delegate status as soon as they leave WA now..

Then I noticed the regions founder is a mod and got really nervous.. I already tagged it so I couldn't go back.. seriously thought I was gunna get in trouble that day..

Screencapped the raid as a souvenir though..
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Vando0sa wrote:I have had so many raiding adventures! I think my favorite was tag raiding Free Thought. The delegate was set to non-executive so we though it was a miss.. But I noticed I could still mess with stuff.. that is when I discovered non-executive delegates with regional officer powers can actually raid the region! Might be why delegates lose delegate status as soon as they leave WA now..

Then I noticed the regions founder is a mod and got really nervous.. I already tagged it so I couldn't go back.. seriously thought I was gunna get in trouble that day..

Screencapped the raid as a souvenir though..

I don't see why raiding a mods region could get you in trouble.. unless it was 2002.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Arualaen Reincarnated
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Arualaen Reincarnated » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Hey guys I'm going to Fash Bash!
Last edited by Arualaen Reincarnated on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Do you want the story of the reclamation of TBR? Becuase that's a good one.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

NationStates News
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates News » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:03 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Do you want the story of the reclamation of TBR? Becuase that's a good one.

Any story is welcome.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Back when Tom and I were very very new raiders in Auralia, we tried to raid a raider region (I don't remember which one) and posted the WFE in the Regional Message Board because the delegate was non executive...
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

NationStates News
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates News » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Sygian II wrote:Back when Tom and I were very very new raiders in Auralia, we tried to raid a raider region (I don't remember which one) and posted the WFE in the Regional Message Board because the delegate was non executive...

Who's Tom?

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:39 pm

NationStates News wrote:
Sygian II wrote:Back when Tom and I were very very new raiders in Auralia, we tried to raid a raider region (I don't remember which one) and posted the WFE in the Regional Message Board because the delegate was non executive...

Who's Tom?

Tom Vasentius now Director of HYDRA Command.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Do you want the story of the reclamation of TBR? Becuase that's a good one.

Souls and The Ministry of Raiders teeeelllll it :)
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:39 pm

NationStates News wrote:

Who's Tom?

Tom is Tom!

Just kidding. Tom Vasentius, the defender. Or something.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Hmm, I'd have to go with one of two stories. First would be just the native reaction to our occupation of Shadow Proclamation, cause that was pretty epic.

But I'll go with the preparation for Operation Blackout (that's the 121 hit tag run).

So I'd spent about 2 days on and off picking targets, figuring out where each team was going to hit. It was the morning before the raid about, oh, 15 hours before the update we went with started. I had gotten behind on picking targets cause of real life, when I realized I still needed 13 sets of targets, and the last one I had picked was only about 18 minutes from Violet Irises updating. (and I think we had one more GCR in there taking up time). So having spent a good 3-4 hours across 2 days already staring at sheets, going through regions, trying to get this thing up in time, the possibility that I would have to go back, scrap everything, and redo the entire target list in just 15 hours almost gave me a nervous breakdown. Fortunately, Panzer Vier was online and was able to help me sort some things out. I was able to find a couple gaps in existing targets where I could squeeze in some more, and Panzer started getting the ones at the end, getting 21 targets lined up for me (literally saved the last of my sanity). Add in extra time for some other stuff, I probably spent a good 4-5 hours trying to get everything ready for the night.

Come update, and find me very, very worried. 210 targets set, 7 teams prepped, and I was pretty sure my wifi would cut out or something. After one hit, we lost an updater to bad wifi, we had one person with a bloody nose I think, all sorts of problems and towards the end my wifi cut out right as I was giving the GO, so we missed an entire set of jumps. I remember after the last go order, sitting there for a moment, thinking about what I needed to do next, and realizing the whole thing was over. At that moment, I kinda just wanted to laugh and cry that the whole thing was finally over, and I could stop stressing about it. At the time however, we had not been tracking hits or anything, so we did not know what records we had broken.

Then came the after update. After about an hour, everyone except one team had gone back and reported their number of hits. We were I believe 14 short of the record without that last team, and we could not get ahold of them. Another good 20-30 minutes of tension and held breathe, and they came back with 25 hits. And at that moment, I became the happiest raider on the Earth.

Pretty sure this will be the story I'm telling to new raiders years from now (unless I break the record again before then), and I feel like the longer I go the more time I will say I spent prepping. I'll be the old fisherman dude going 'I swear it was THIS BIG!'. but in the mean time, enjoy this story of the raid that cost me my mind :D
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:29 pm

I think Operation Blackout has to take the cake for most impressive operation. Major props to Rai for doing all the groundwork ahead of the raid itself...

My less impressive story: I once was on an otherwise uneventful tag raid, but then a game moderator actually reversed our tag and reverted the WA delegate back during the time between major and minor upgrade. Max Barry got involved, we got a formal moderation apology, everything was peachy, lots of fun stuff.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p23301381

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:43 pm

Revall wrote:

Souls and The Ministry of Raiders teeeelllll it :)

NationStates News wrote:

Any story is welcome.

Aaaaaaaaalrighty. I may need NSA or some others to fill in the gaps.

So this one all started when TBR went founderless following the DOS'ing of Halc and Bob. Region went founderless, massive numbers of natives swarmed in, and leaders ordered an end to a movement to secure the region by it's members (IIRC). It was abandoned to the native hordes, but not forgotten. The first native delegate resigned in a fit over....something I can't recall, but that was UGR (United German Regions). About that time, I was approached by a few folks loosely led by Gerzam to join a small operation to infiltrate the native groups there, which I did by moving to UGR's home region, asking to join his recently-defunct anti-raider intel group (which I knew was defunct, and bet would end with ....) was told to move to TBR and look for work there instead, and did so, joining the native groups' vague government intel group. Meanwhile, I've added a few people to our infiltration. My first assignment was to run a full background check on the delegate who replaced UGR (can't for the life of me recall his name), which I actually did, and turned up some stuff I could phrase as concerning (we were aiming to destabilize him). This worked, and concerned the loose "government" and intel faction, and we were actually shocked when another attempted led by NSA to talk the delegate into handing over the region (kinda) worked. He publicly but poorly tried to hand the region over to raiders after ejecting the entire "government" ... who then picked me to spearhead the effort to keep the region as the only person they trusted (thanks to my report) still in the region. Despite attempts by outside groups including Cormac to also gain the delegate, after a frantic hour or two Harenhime (me) was the third delegate of TBR. At this point our intel group just had to sit back and go "holy shit" for a moment, becuase ... well, fuck, we'd just been elected delegate of the lost TBR! We could have ended it there, but ... well, first of all, our influence position wasn't great, and second, the impact wasn't great yet :) So we added more people, and stayed in cover for a while. Next step was picking a constitution. By installing one of us as the neutral party in charge of managing that vote, and with careful wrangling of puppets and a simple majority, we were able to pick a constitution we were confident would allow us to further rig elections for minister positions...which we did, installing raiders in all of them. Somewhere in there, we also rigged forum selection (someone else can doubtlessly talk more about that), enacted a policy to remove potential raider spies (started ejecting nonresponsive natives ahead of time), and decided to blow the op open as advertising for the first ever RaiderCon...which we did, asking a number of organizations to jump onto Harenhime then induce a pile that at times hit over 200 endorsements IIRC, with a good number of that on two other nations as well. Over the next few months, I cleared a number of nations, we slingshotted ... I'm pretty sure it was McMannia... up to perform some ejections as well, and finally slingshotted NSA into the seat to perform the final ejections and lock (edit: I may have actually swapped who did what there...). From there, we whittled it down to just me, NSA, and Syl, and held it as both a memorial and a warning (and no longer an embarrassment to all of raiding) until the mods saw fit to delete it as part of the Predator ruling.

I've really only scratched the surface there, but it really was a legendary operation. Oh, the governement at one point also actually helped in a liberation, of that RP Mentor's region, so we technically took down an actual defender region :P Everyone involved can probably add more angles to this story...

Factbook of regions who sent pilers that checked in: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=we_a ... /id=453189
Factbook of nations that checked in among other things: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=we_a ... /id=443621
Original post on the subject in GP: viewtopic.php?p=25062886#p25062886
TBH Forum post/96th day update: http://s4.zetaboards.com/The_Black_Hawk ... t=10355848

Infiltration Operatives
The Fantastic Field Marshal of Ever-Wandering Souls of The Black Hawks as Delegate The Awesome Friendly Delegate of Harenhime
The Deputy Director of We Are Not the NSA of DEN as Prime Minister Dendermond
Reddogkeno101 of DEN as Minister of Intelligence Reddogkeno101
The HYDRA High Command of McMannia of DEN as Minister of Justice Cartanis
The Ancient Synarchy of Gerzam of Unknown as Minister of Foreign Affairs The venatrians
The Noble Pedigree of Revall of The Black Hawks as Minister of Interior The Kingdom of Avallar
The Supreme Autocracy of Raxion of The Brotherhood of Malice as Election Mediator Bartlebee
The The The The The The Stasi of In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam of The Black Hawks as Minister of Defense Rockmeamedeus

The Incoming MIRV Assault of Klaus Devestatorie of Unknown
Aurum rider of Albion
Knot of The Black Hawks
Nordic arbor of DEN
Victor savage of DEN

I can also talk about some others. For example, the infamous raid on Islam, a locked region I got into as a "refugee" from another sleeper project that ended when the region fell apart, which involved a miss, people not pulling nations, and a tag team making it a hit the next day without a point even online, and included a fake end to the occupation and a memorable SC battle that included the raider point co-authoring a liberation proposal; or Sicarius stealing the refound of well-known Generalite region Tofuline; or perhaps the tale of The White Hope, an anti-raider group I infiltrated, became delegate for, ejected everyone including the founder from right before update, and refounded of my own (think I let that CTE, someone will probably steal it now) (that's also the origin story of me creating The Black PRiders); or even the tale of The Black Watch, a raider group whose operation Sicarius saved out of goodwill then got insulted for that failed to found their own region before making a GP thread.... I've got more war stories xD
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Okay, this story brings us back, way back. 2003 back even. I was a little newbie, with my nice nation (Delphina) and my evil nation (crazygirl). I got an invite from a region called something along the lines of evil dictators. I was interested, but did not want to join the WA with my evil nation, since the WA could change your nation and make it less evil. And Delphina was a nice nation.

SO I created Crazy Girl (yup, this nation was my third one). I moved to this region, and they invited me over for an invasion. Complete newbie I was, I had no idea what they were doing. In hindsight, they didn't have much more of a clue either. So we moved to this region, and tried to install our point as delegate. I remember ending up as delegate too, without any clue what I would do with it, but in the end we did manage to get our point man in as Delegate.

Now, this was in a point of time where founders did not exist. Regional control was limited to changing the WFE. Until in the middle of the raid....this bang, changed. The region was passworded, natives getting kicked. (yes, under the later griefing rules this would have been griefing, but at this point there were no griefing rules). I did feel bad for the natives, with who I started chatting and joking around. I left and found myself locked out of the evil dictators main region.

Onwards I went to a different raider region, and the dictator region died a slow death.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay