NATION

PASSWORD

Tiandi Regional Sign-up Thread [MT RPing Region]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orihalconium
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Orihalconium » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:29 am

Sabara wrote:
Orihalconium wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: [TBD]
Real life culture influence: China
Real life culture of former colonizer: N/A
Population: 970 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $49,800NSD
GDP (nominal) per capita: $31,000NSD or 4,100 Yuan
Military manpower (active/reserve): 1,300,000 active; 5,800,000 reserves
Language(s): Mandarin Chinese (spoken) and various dialects; other local languages
Nation description: This is a China-themed nation, with a long history but little national consciousness
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: There is no canon so far.
Main nation on NS: Themiclesia
Main/puppet/NPC: Chinese People
Link to map claim (optional): [TBD]
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Arumdaum! :p

Rejected. Please look at the recommendations for applications listed under the OP. I'd recommend that you check out Tiandi on IIwiki to be more familiar with regional canon.

Consider it withdrawn then.

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:23 am

I understand there's a sudden influx of Atlasian nations right now, many of whom I am friends with, but please don't think I'm part of that. I've been looking for a suitable region for a while now, and finally decided on this one.

Edit: Nothing against them, I'd just rather not be associated with the drama there.

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kvenara (Kven: Kvenaraķ)
Real life culture influence: Tlingit
Real life culture of former colonizer: Akkitsukuni
Population: 3,421,857
GDP (PPP) per capita: $24,452
GDP (nominal) per capita: $21,004
Military manpower (active/reserve):
- 29,000 Active
- 37,000 Reserve
Language(s): Kven, several dozen minority languages, Korean
Nation description: Kvenara is a semi-liberal confederation forming a union between two nations: Kvenwutcko, a secluded archipelago, and Khalitaraķ, a nearly uninhabitable peninsula. Both are populated by the Kvenara people, and both were at near-constant war until they were colonized in the 18th century and forced to band together to regain their independence. They've since gained a very prevalent national patriotism, and are very skeptical of international organizations; to date, they've only joined [UN equivalent] and small trade alliances.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: New Kvenland
Main/puppet/NPC: Main, although I might replace it with a puppet in the future
Link to map claim (optional): Can't draw it on mobile, but I'd like the archipelago to the northeast of Akkitsukuni and the peninsula to the south-southeast of that. (Couldn't find the ethnic map, so sorry if I'm messing that up :S)
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I saw Arumdaum on NSG and decided to stalk him for five minutes, and saw he made this region.

I can provide an RP sample, if necessary.
Last edited by New Kvenland on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Apeulika
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apeulika » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:55 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Hyeonguk
Real life culture influence: Ethiopian
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean or Japanese
Population: 92 Million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $8,367
GDP (nominal) per capita: $8,367
Military manpower (active/reserve): 212,000 active, 380,000 reserves
Language(s): Amharic, Korean, (maybe)Japanese
Nation description: The United Hyeonguk Principality is an absolute elective monarchy. Hyeonguk was colonized by foreign aggressors in it's later, independent years, hardly resembling a NationState but a conglomerate of various tribes. Subjugated or forced into slavery, the natives failed to fend off the colonial powers, thus the influx of new technology and foreign conflicts created an array of much political fiction within the country. This is most prominent today, even as it has gained it's independence long ago. Foreign powers, with little knowledge or consideration for the wide range of complex miniscule geopolitics in the region, effectively drew counties, states, and more, throwing them into the hands of the instituted Hyeongukan Monarchy. The cultural and political clash within the country is strong, before the period of stability today, Hyeonguk was home to several mass killings due to state and county border wars within it's own borders. A small, but strong military attached to counter-terror strikegroups have minimized much of the conflict, but hardly through what is considered just means. United under the military, Prince, the country is stabilized. The Nam Sun Era has been marked with the coronation of Assefa Nam Sun, prophesied to be a long era of internal stability and growth...
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: sure
Main nation on NS: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=apeulika
Main/puppet/NPC: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=apeulika
Link to map claim (optional): Somehwere fitting in an African-like region, don't care specifically, just where needs to be filled.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional):
Last edited by Apeulika on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RP Nation = Hyeonguk

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:57 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Daeseong
Real life culture influence: Jeju
Real life culture of former colonizer: (if applicable)
Population: 75,000,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: 46,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 48,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 410,000
Language(s): 142,000
Nation description: Characterized as more laid-back, efficient, and hardy than their pompous and traditionalist Jeongmian cousins, the Dae people were historically Jeongmian peoples who formed various, small, independent Jeongmian kingdoms independent of the Empire. These small kingdoms resisted incorporation into the Jeongmian Empire through complex alliances, valiant military struggles, and integration of local Jurchen peoples. These kingdoms developed a reputation for being crude and violent in the eyes of the Jeongmian aristocracy, and they developed strong military traditions.

This would later manifest itself in the unification of the Dae kingdoms under [insert great general's name here] who called upon a rhetoric of pan-Jeongmian nationalism to amass a vast army from Jeongmi and the Dae kingdoms, overthrowing the respective warlord kings or liberating Jeongmians from foreign non-Jeongmian Empires in the 19th century. A united Daeseong sought to be united with Jeongmi, but political conflicts and Jeongmi's imperialism led to this initiative being stalled and eventually killed. Furthermore, it was argued that the Dae had developed their own, distinct cultural identity independent of Jeongmi, and merited its own nation.

The Empire of Daeseong was formed under Emperor [insert same great general] who took the new Dae crown with promises to modernize, strengthen, and unite the Dae people. Daeseong soon grow to be strong enough to match the power and influence of Meisaan and Jeongmi on the mainland, and while Daeseong was late to the colonial game, it soon began to embark on a series of aggressive wars against its neighbors, winning small concessions and gobbling up smaller nations.

Current Daeseong is an economically powerful nation in Sinju, with leading roles in the Sinju Union armed forces, central banking system, and diplomatic dialogue. It maintains a large military, with a proud military tradition, and especially to counter Akitsukuni. Daeseong, however, is more socially conservative and xenophobic than its other Sinju Union counterparts, and resents both forming the bulk of Sinju Union Armed forces numbers, taking refugees from Gungju, and being forced to bail out the poorer members of the Union.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: This whole change is representative of my willingness to change nations for the good of the region. Yes.
Main nation on NS: This one.
Main/puppet/NPC: This one.
Link to map claim (optional): Arum, you already have it.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I'm an active, leading member.
Last edited by Daeseong on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Toishima wrote:
Altorke wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Tungwan (Tùñwan)
Real life culture influence: Mongolian
Real life culture of former colonizer: Chinese
Population: 23 456 051
GDP (PPP) per capita: $7 893 USD
GDP (nominal) per capita: $19 936 USD
Military manpower (active/reserve): 41 096/93 465
Language(s): Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Altai, Chuvash, Tuvan, Tungwani (Same constructed lingua france used by Lupolska)
Nation description: Tungwan is a confederation of various Turco-Mongol tribes organised into ethnicity-based administrative divisions called ordatar (sg. orda). The federal government is minimal, and only functions as the nation's international representative government. The ordatar are generally ruled by theocratic military dictatorships, and since decolonisation these governments have fiercely promoted Tengriism and other native religions. Despite this, there is still a very large Confucian minority in the eastern portion of the nation. Tungwan is plagued by frequent internal conflicts between the ordatar, and has remained largely undeveloped due to this predicament.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Alosteq Diin Nastja
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet, though more active than average for a nation of such a classification
Link to map claim (optional): This would be preferable, but if that's too large I'd also be fine with something more like if that's too big I'd also be fine with something more like this. (EDIT: Claims are in purple.)
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I don't remember

Accepted. Arumdaum will review again, especially land claims. We are getting a lot of strangely large nations in that area for some reason.

While the concept is interesting, it could be problematic to integrate such an unstable nation into the international order. Please discuss on IRC.

Yeah, I agree with everything Aki's said here. I'll put it on the map with the smaller claim.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Apeulika wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Apeulika
Real life culture influence: Ethiopian
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean or Japanese
Population: 92 Million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $8,367
GDP (nominal) per capita: $8,367
Military manpower (active/reserve): 212,000 active, 380,000 reserves
Language(s): Amharic, Korean, (maybe)Japanese
Nation description: The United Apeulika Principality is an absolute elective monarchy. Apeulika was colonized by foreign aggressors in it's later, independent years, hardly resembling a NationState but a conglomerate of various tribes. Subjugated or forced into slavery, the natives failed to fend off the colonial powers, thus the influx of new technology and foreign conflicts created an array of much political fiction within the country. This is most prominent today, even as it has gained it's independence long ago. Foreign powers, with little knowledge or consideration for the wide range of complex miniscule geopolitics in the region, effectively drew counties, states, and more, throwing them into the hands of the instituted Apeulikan Monarchy. The cultural and political clash within the country is strong, before the period of stability today, Apeulika was home to several mass killings due to state and county border wars within it's own borders. A small, but strong military attached to counter-terror strikegroups have minimized much of the conflict, but hardly through what is considered just means. United under the military, Prince, the country is stabilized. The Nam Sun Era has been marked with the coronation of Assefa Nam Sun, prophesied to be a long era of internal stability and growth...
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: sure
Main nation on NS: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=apeulika
Main/puppet/NPC: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=apeulika
Link to map claim (optional): Somehwere fitting in an African-like region, don't care specifically, just where needs to be filled.

http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=Apeulika

Accepted.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:04 pm

New Kvenland wrote:I understand there's a sudden influx of Atlasian nations right now, many of whom I am friends with, but please don't think I'm part of that. I've been looking for a suitable region for a while now, and finally decided on this one.

Edit: Nothing against them, I'd just rather not be associated with the drama there.

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kvenara (Kven: Kvenaraķ)
Real life culture influence: Tlingit
Real life culture of former colonizer: Akkitsukuni
Population: 3,421,857
GDP (PPP) per capita: $24,452
GDP (nominal) per capita: $21,004
Military manpower (active/reserve):
- 29,000 Active
- 37,000 Reserve
Language(s): Kven, several dozen minority languages, Korean, Arabic
Nation description: Kvenara is a semi-liberal confederation forming a union between two nations: Kvenwutcko, a secluded archipelago, and Khalitaraķ, a nearly uninhabitable peninsula. Both are populated by the Kvenara people, and both were at near-constant war until they were colonized in the 18th century and forced to band together to regain their independence. They've since gained a very prevalent national patriotism, and are very skeptical of international organizations; to date, they've only joined [UN equivalent] and small trade alliances.
Main nation on NS: New Kvenland
Main/puppet/NPC: Main, although I might replace it with a puppet in the future
Link to map claim (optional): Can't draw it on mobile, but I'd like the archipelago to the northeast of Akkitsukuni and the peninsula to the south-southeast of that. (Couldn't find the ethnic map, so sorry if I'm messing that up :S)
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I saw Arumdaum on NSG and decided to stalk him for five minutes, and saw he made this region.

I can provide an RP sample, if necessary.

Accepted.

Abunya
Secretary

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Abunya » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Abunya
Real life culture influence: Heavily based off Bolivian culture, but with different indigenous tribes.
Real life culture of former colonizer: Doesn't matter. Probably Chinese, though?
Population: 19,821,462
GDP (PPP) per capita: 18,843
GDP (nominal) per capita: 13,681
Military manpower (active/reserve): 93,161 Active / 362,733 Reserve
Language(s): Abunyan; Possible indigenous Minority languages; former colonial language
Nation description: Mostly socially progressive; formerly colonized by an East Asian nation for a very long time, but significant assimilation and immigration never really took place because Abunya wasn't a desirable spot for settlement. The only real immigration took place on our coast. Very environmentally conscious, on the level of Costa Rica irl. Has quite a few problems with drug smuggling and the black market in its borders, especially in its rural jungle areas.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?:
Main nation on NS:
Main/puppet/NPC:
Link to map claim (optional): http://imgur.com/mAimAOm (Pink)
Last edited by Abunya on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sabara
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Abunya wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Real life culture influence: Heavily based off Bolivian culture, but with different indigenous tribes.
Real life culture of former colonizer: Doesn't matter. Probably Chinese, though?
Language(s): Abunyan; Possible indigenous Minority languages; former colonial language
Nation description: Mostly socially progressive; formerly colonized by an East Asian nation for a very long time, but significant assimilation and immigration never really took place because Abunya wasn't a desirable spot for settlement. The only real immigration took place on our coast. Very environmentally conscious, on the level of Costa Rica irl. Has quite a few problems with drug smuggling and the black market in its borders, especially in its rural jungle areas.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: If need be, but my canon is already mostly compatible with Tiandi since I was in here before with this nation.
Main nation on NS: Imperial Songha
Main/puppet/NPC:
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Previous membership. <3

Accepted, although lowering your nominal GDP per capita to around 10k would be appreciated.
Do you mind being colonized by yours truly?
A unique MT rp: Tiandi

Abunya
Secretary

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Abunya » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Sabara wrote:
Abunya wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: If need be, but my canon is already mostly compatible with Tiandi since I was in here before with this nation.
Main nation on NS: Imperial Songha
Main/puppet/NPC:
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Previous membership. <3

Accepted, although lowering your nominal GDP per capita to around 10k would be appreciated.
Do you mind being colonized by yours truly?

I thought that non-east asians was 25k? its not like 13k is excessive, especially when i have a fair amount of east asian influence and it was the gdp per capita i'd used last time i was in tiandi with abunya (i had to bump it down that time as well, so im not a fan of having to bump it yet again)
And sure, Meisaan sounds great, since it seems to be the chinese-esque nation.

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Abunya wrote:-snip-

Yeah, that's fine. I'm just saying what I would prefer, lol.

The Holy Lords
Civilian

Founded: Jun 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Lords » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:22 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kevétország
Real life culture influence: Hungarian language, Mongolian way of life (and other things yet to be determined)
Real life culture of former colonizer: Whatever District is, I guess.
Population: 2.176 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $6,351
GDP (nominal) per capita: $12,607
Military manpower (active/reserve): 6,000 and 43,000 respectively.
Language(s): Hungarian
Nation description: Mongolian-like in terms of population distribution, but otherwise Hungarian in terms of culture and language. Living style varies between IRL mongolian and hungarian influences. Most of it will be modelled after Mongolia, but the countryside will have more farms, and the cities will be more modernized on average. Not really a international stage player - will normally interact with neighbors, but nothing grand.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: I'm gonna have to, anyway :P
Main nation on NS: The Holy Lords
Main/puppet/NPC: Greater Skogkladdaberg, but I barely use it anymore :(
Link to map claim (optional): West of Luey, whatever that ends up being.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Val ^_^
Last edited by The Holy Lords on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:29 pm

The Holy Lords wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kevétország
Real life culture influence: Hungarian language, Mongolian way of life (and other things yet to be determined)
Real life culture of former colonizer: Whatever District is, I guess.
Population: 2.176 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $6,351
GDP (nominal) per capita: $12,607
Military manpower (active/reserve): 6,000 and 43,000 respectively.
Language(s): Hungarian
Nation description: Mongolian-like in terms of population distribution, but otherwise Hungarian in terms of culture and language. Living style varies between IRL mongolian and hungarian influences. Most of it will be modelled after Mongolia, but the countryside will have more farms, and the cities will be more modernized on average. Not really a international stage player - will normally interact with neighbors, but nothing grand.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: I'm gonna have to, anyway :P
Main nation on NS: The Holy Lords
Main/puppet/NPC: Greater Skogkladdaberg, but I barely use it anymore :(
Link to map claim (optional): West of Luey, whatever that ends up being.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Val ^_^

Accepted.

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:50 pm

[quote="Sabara";p="29268144"]
NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Meisaan
Real life culture influence: Cantonese/HK/Southern Chinese
Real life culture of former colonizer: None
Population: 88,091,749
GDP (PPP) per capita: $52,712
GDP (nominal) per capita: $57,120
Military manpower (active/reserve): 511,019 active/320,000 reserves
Language(s): Cantonese, some Korean and Japanese speakers in the south and north, respectively.
Nation description: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Meisaan
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: never
Main nation on NS: Sabara
Main/puppet/NPC: Main
Link to map claim (optional): lah
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): idek

upping population
Last edited by Sabara on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Westrock
Real life culture influence: Conculture
Real life culture of former colonizer: Akitsukuni
Population: 4,237,100
GDP (PPP) per capita: 8,373
GDP (nominal) per capita: 4,464
Military manpower (active/reserve): 84,700
Language(s): English, Yashimese, some Meisaani in the eastern bits
Nation description:
One of the three sovereign states in the Londrench Isles, Westrock is the most wealthy of the Londrench-speaking states due to an abundance of gold mines and some petrochemical reserves. The modern nation is a product of traditional Londrench feudalism and Sinju-led colonialism. The realm, which belonged to the House Lannister for centuries, was conquered by Akitsukuni in the 1700s during the Sinju conquest of the region, forcefully uniting the former kingdom and incorporating some traditional lands from the eastern Houses as well. After decolonisation, the Lannister lords retook governance of Westrock, implementing an absolute monarchy. Westrock is in fierce competition with the other two Londrench nations for political supremacy in the region, having already attained economic supremacy.

Akitsukuni is a major ally of Westrock and has bases in the country as their military foothold in the region.
Main nation on NS: Toishima
Main/puppet/NPC: This nation will be a puppet nation.
Link to map claim (optional): South-western Londren, as discussed with Sabara.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I haven't found out about it yet.

Accordingly, Asturias has been wiped.
Last edited by Toishima on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:54 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: The Kingdom of Firsland
Real life culture influence: Primarily Celtic
Real life culture of former colonizer: Influences from primarily Meisaan and Akitsukuni
Population: 2,597,136
GDP (PPP) per capita: 4,432
GDP (nominal) per capita: 6,315
Military manpower (active/reserve): 40,000/62,000
Language(s): Londrenian
Nation description: A soveregn state in northern Londren, the Kingdom of Firsland was one of the few lucky nations to successfully resist the colonization from Sinju powers, still keeping its royal family and tradition. It has one of the smallest population of Londren and is one of the least developed of the Londrenian states due to its climate and seasons.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Jawohl
Main nation on NS: Intermountain States
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet
Link to map claim (optional): Near Westrock (we're still splitting Londren up, right?)
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I don't know these people
Last edited by Intermountain States on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Sabara wrote:Meisaan new stats

New stats accepted.

Toishima wrote:Westrock

Accepted. Arumdaum has said that everything checks out on the IRC.

Intermountain States wrote:Firsland

Accepted. This will be the only Gungju state that is allowed to remain independent forever due to various reasons discussed on IRC. No other Gungju state is allowed to be uncolonised.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:22 pm

District XIV wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Zaihan (子罕)
Real life culture influence: Chinese
Real life culture of former colonizer: N/A
Population: 45,619,029
GDP (PPP) per capita: $35,019
GDP (nominal) per capita: $30,413
Military manpower (active/reserve): Active: 50,384 | Reserve: 109,532
Language(s): Hokkien Chinese (vast majority) - probably have Cantonese/other Chinese minorities, along with a Korean minority
Nation description: Shenguo is a unitary republic with a generally homogeneous population of Han Chinese peoples. Originally maintaining a colonial empire, with its only holding in what is now Sarangol, the imperial system collapsed following a popular republican revolution in the mid 1900s (the country still maintains a Hong Kong-sized territory in Sarangol, however). Since then, revenues through tourism and other sectors have brought relative prosperity to the country following decades of stagnation after the revolution. The country is a member of the Sinju Union and maintains friendly relations with its neighbours.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes.
Main nation on NS: District XIV
Main/puppet/NPC:
Link to map claim (optional): http://puu.sh/pW2Lb/041c78cfb3.png (in purple)
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): idk

Name and languages changed due to discussions on IRC. Now a Hokkien-speaking nation.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Intermountain States wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: The Kingdom of Firsland
Real life culture influence: Primarily Celtic
Real life culture of former colonizer: Influences from primarily Meisaan and Akitsukuni
Population: 2,597,136
GDP (PPP) per capita: 4,432
GDP (nominal) per capita: 6,315
Military manpower (active/reserve): 40,000/62,000
Language(s): Londrenian
Nation description: A soveregn state in northern Londren, the Kingdom of Firsland was one of the few lucky nations to successfully resist the colonization from Sinju powers, still keeping its royal family and tradition. It has one of the smallest population of Londren and is one of the least developed of the Londrenian states due to its climate and seasons.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Jawohl
Main nation on NS: Intermountain States
Link to map claim (optional): Near Westrock (we're still splitting Londren up, right?)
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I don't know these people

This nation is way too small and not isolated enough not to have been colonized.

- mobile Arum

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:27 pm

District XIV wrote:Zaihan

Cepted
GOKIGENYOU~

Luzhou
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzhou » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:10 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Luzhou
Real life culture influence: Hong Kong & Singapore and to a lesser extent, Macau.
Real life culture of former colonizer: A prominent Chinese cultured coloniser, I don't really know which one though.
Population: 6,432,890
GDP (PPP) per capita: $56,108
GDP (nominal) per capita: $61,240
Military manpower (active/reserve): 71,000 (active) 320,000 (reserve)
Language(s): Mandarin, Malay, English
Nation description: Luzhou is a densely populated and multicultural city state divided between an island and mainland with a population over over six million. The ethnic groups in the city are divided primarily between Mandarin, Malay and English speaking peoples. It is a centre of commerce and tourism. It is also a port city. However not all of the state is city, the northern part of the country is covered by tropical rainforest. The government is secular and democratic and is starting to become more progressive following years of a more conservative way of ruling.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes.
Main nation on NS: Kwadai
Link to map claim (optional): I haven't decided yet.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I saw Tiandi in the list of embassies of my main region and thought it looked quite good.
Last edited by Luzhou on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:46 am

Luzhou wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Real life culture influence: Hong Kong & Singapore and to a lesser extent, Macau.
Real life culture of former colonizer: A prominent Chinese cultured coloniser, I don't really know which one though.
Nation description: Luzhou is a densely populated and multicultural city state divided between an island and mainland with a population over over six million. The ethnic groups in the city are divided primarily between Mandarin, Malay and English speaking peoples. It is a centre of commerce and tourism. It is also a port city. However not all of the state is city, the northern part of the country is covered by tropical rainforest. The government is secular and democratic and is starting to become more progressive following years of a more conservative way of ruling.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I saw Tiandi in the list of embassies of my main region and thought it looked quite good.

On mobile but you should probably check FAQ English is only spoken by English people here the language is largely irrelevant

Luzhou
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzhou » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:48 am

Arumdaum wrote:
Luzhou wrote:NATION APPLICATION

On mobile but you should probably check FAQ English is only spoken by English people here the language is largely irrelevant

Ok, it would have been through immigration to Luzhou but I can change it to another language.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:59 am

Ahhh if it's cheap manual labor imports that's fine you don't need to change it

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:02 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Arjunalore
Real life culture influence: India
Real life culture of former colonizer: Akitsukunese Sphere of Influence, possibly.
Population: 195 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: 30,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 20,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 308,000 | 1.4 million
Language(s): Various Indian languages, but primarily Telugu.
Nation description: The Rajanate of Arjunalore is a constitutional monarchy situated on the Arjuni subcontinental landmass in southern Yoju. With a landmass of over 2.5 million squared kilometers, and a population of 252 million, Arjunalore is one of the largest nations in Tiandi by both metrics. Arjunalore is bordered to the north by [xxx], the west by [xxx], the east by [xxx] and the south by [xxx].

Despite being majority Telugu, Arjunalore is nonetheless comprised of several Arjuni ethnic groups, with culturally diverse and heterogeneous populace that comprises more than a dozen major ethnicities. The vast majority of Arjunis are devout Hindus, which is the official state religion. Arjunalore is considered the birthplace of the world's major religions, such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.

Arjunalore is a major world and regional power, being the only non-Sinju power in the G5. Arjunalore wields tremendous cultural and diplomatic influence. Arjunalore also has some of the fastest sustained economic growth in the world, with annual growth of 3.4% per annum over a decade. Arjunalore is also a major military power, with a robust military industrial complex and sizable military force.

Arjunalore derives its name from the first Emperor of the Royal Family, Arjun Swaminathan, who first united the disparate Arjuni kingdoms under his rule in the 17th century, just prior to the arrival of Sinju colonizers. The Rajanate's official state position on this etymology has shifted somewhat in the face of demands for pluralism and revisionist scholarship on the legacy of the monarchy, and has offered an alternative explanation including the mythic Vedic warrior, Ajun.
Main nation on NS: This
Main/puppet/NPC: None.
Link to map claim (optional):
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I live here.
Last edited by Daeseong on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information