NATION

PASSWORD

HUBRIS OF THE GODS | OOC | DEAD | Fantasy-Demigod RP |

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Looking at app. Screw your pictures!

What?

I always try not to use pictures in apps because I can never find one that's perfect.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Hubris of the Gods Application

Basics

Name: Alessandra Agnelli
Appearance: Closest thing I guess.
Olive skin, with long and curly dark brown hair, and lighter eyes. This is a basic enough description to imagine with the picture likewise provided.
Ethnicity: Judeo-Italian
Nationality: Texan 8)
Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
Weight: 125 lbs

Demigod Information

Godly Parent: Athena
Equipment:
  • Celestial bronze sword
  • switchblade
  • leather armor
  • flip phone
Powers:
  • Generalship: Due to descent from Athena, Alessandra holds the ability to think on-the-spot effectively, and uses this to apply strategic maneuvering and precision strikes.
  • Quick-witted: Having been born if the goddess of wisdom and diplomacy, Alessandra has a quick mind both inside and outside of combat, with wit and reflexes to match.
[/list]
Skills:
  • Rogue: With years of gymnastic training and the natural ability of precision gifted by divine heritage, Alessandra can dodge well and deal precise, if brief, strikes.
Miscellaneous

Personality: Relatively quiet, with a tendency to keep to herself. Gentle and soft-spoken most of the time, she will usually seek compromise in rough situations. This is not an absolute, however.
Strengths: Excellent strategist, highly agile
Weaknesses: Not as muscular or intimidating as the average warrior, will not voice aforementioned strategies most of the time, tries to do things on her own
Fears: Arachnophobia, acrophobia, and minor claustrophobia
Dislikes: Participation in most sports, forced social activity, see "Fears"
Ambitions: To maintain status quo, although improving her life personally would also be nice.
Family: Athena (Mother), Luca Agnelli (Father), half-siblings by Athena, by extension, other deities as well
Sexuality: Bisexual because why not

Biography

Born in Houston, Texas to an Italian man studying to be a doctor using the city's fine medical resources, Alessandra would be the bastard result of Luca's wanton college fun between his medical studies. Pulled back to Italy when she was but a couple of years old, Alessandra does not remember much of her time in Texas. Growing up without a mother, but with a relatively wealthy and stable father, she led a mixed life somewhere between the street gangs and the middle class, often carrying a stiletto-inspired switchblade, popular in Italy, to defend herself in an otherwise mostly normal life. This pattern of brief encounters with danger and returns to normalcy would continue until she turned 17.

On week or two after her 17th birthday, Alessandra had made a return to Texas with her father, who knew what was coming. Athena claimed the young woman, and her father led her where she needed to go, trying to explain the situation as a whole. Things were rather confusing for the child, but after enough drilling and questioning, it seemed to be the only answer she got. Upon arriving at the camp, her father gave another goodbye and gave her his hopes to see her soon. She was given an introduction to everything in Greek, due to her lack of skills in English, and pushed into training. Although she proved to be inadequate at phalanx warfare and wielding heavy bronze, she demonstrated a great amount of skill in a dodgier and lighter style of fighting, which she attributed to her skill with a knife and the camp staff attributed to her being a peltast.

She faced more than a few suspicions from others around the area, mostly concerning her Italian heritage. She had faced rumors of being a Roman in disguise, although she would repeatedly work to quell such rumors. By her 18th birthday, she was mostly fluent in English, and the questions as to her authenticity had ceased. By her 19th birthday, she could speak English very well, and could even speak without a strong accent. Her fighting style had been embraced, and she had been given the lighter equipment of a peltast: a wicker shield and leather armor, in contrast to the heavy bronze.

RP Examples: Bruh

DO NOT REMOVE: 666777888 - For Tracking Purposes Only

Athena's always been my favorite.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:30 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Snip

Sorry buddy, I'll need two RP Examples from you. I've never RPed with you before soo..

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Sorry buddy, I'll need two RP Examples from you. I've never RPed with you before soo..

Ontorisa wrote:

One, two, there were like four of these, about two of these, the original form of this, maybe a couple of these, only one set in the modern world, this one was pretty fun, and some more.

That's about 13 examples if you count the spinoffs and reboots of those that I didn't list, and that's just from the top of my head.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:41 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Hubris of the Gods Application

Basics

Name: Alessandra Agnelli
Appearance: Closest thing I guess.
Olive skin, with long and curly dark brown hair, and lighter eyes. This is a basic enough description to imagine with the picture likewise provided.
Ethnicity: Judeo-Italian
Nationality: Texan 8)
Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
Weight: 125 lbs

Demigod Information

Godly Parent: Athena
Equipment:
  • Celestial bronze sword
  • switchblade
  • leather armor
  • flip phone
Powers:
  • Generalship: Due to descent from Athena, Alessandra holds the ability to think on-the-spot effectively, and uses this to apply strategic maneuvering and precision strikes.
  • Quick-witted: Having been born if the goddess of wisdom and diplomacy, Alessandra has a quick mind both inside and outside of combat, with wit and reflexes to match.
[/list]
Skills:
  • Rogue: With years of gymnastic training and the natural ability of precision gifted by divine heritage, Alessandra can dodge well and deal precise, if brief, strikes.
Miscellaneous

Personality: Relatively quiet, with a tendency to keep to herself. Gentle and soft-spoken most of the time, she will usually seek compromise in rough situations. This is not an absolute, however.
Strengths: Excellent strategist, highly agile
Weaknesses: Not as muscular or intimidating as the average warrior, will not voice aforementioned strategies most of the time, tries to do things on her own
Fears: Arachnophobia, acrophobia, and minor claustrophobia
Dislikes: Participation in most sports, forced social activity, see "Fears"
Ambitions: To maintain status quo, although improving her life personally would also be nice.
Family: Athena (Mother), Luca Agnelli (Father), half-siblings by Athena, by extension, other deities as well
Sexuality: Bisexual because why not

Biography

Born in Houston, Texas to an Italian man studying to be a doctor using the city's fine medical resources, Alessandra would be the bastard result of Luca's wanton college fun between his medical studies. Pulled back to Italy when she was but a couple of years old, Alessandra does not remember much of her time in Texas. Growing up without a mother, but with a relatively wealthy and stable father, she led a mixed life somewhere between the street gangs and the middle class, often carrying a stiletto-inspired switchblade, popular in Italy, to defend herself in an otherwise mostly normal life. This pattern of brief encounters with danger and returns to normalcy would continue until she turned 17.

On week or two after her 17th birthday, Alessandra had made a return to Texas with her father, who knew what was coming. Athena claimed the young woman, and her father led her where she needed to go, trying to explain the situation as a whole. Things were rather confusing for the child, but after enough drilling and questioning, it seemed to be the only answer she got. Upon arriving at the camp, her father gave another goodbye and gave her his hopes to see her soon. She was given an introduction to everything in Greek, due to her lack of skills in English, and pushed into training. Although she proved to be inadequate at phalanx warfare and wielding heavy bronze, she demonstrated a great amount of skill in a dodgier and lighter style of fighting, which she attributed to her skill with a knife and the camp staff attributed to her being a peltast.

She faced more than a few suspicions from others around the area, mostly concerning her Italian heritage. She had faced rumors of being a Roman in disguise, although she would repeatedly work to quell such rumors. By her 18th birthday, she was mostly fluent in English, and the questions as to her authenticity had ceased. By her 19th birthday, she could speak English very well, and could even speak without a strong accent. Her fighting style had been embraced, and she had been given the lighter equipment of a peltast: a wicker shield and leather armor, in contrast to the heavy bronze.

RP Examples: Bruh

DO NOT REMOVE: 666777888 - For Tracking Purposes Only

Athena's always been my favorite.

Accepted.

Please post your application in the Archive Thread.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:41 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Ontorisa wrote:

One, two, there were like four of these, about two of these, the original form of this, maybe a couple of these, only one set in the modern world, this one was pretty fun, and some more.

That's about 13 examples if you count the spinoffs and reboots of those that I didn't list, and that's just from the top of my head.

This one was considered pretty notable, even if I slowly faded out due to irl issues. I was in the original form of this, which was featured on something or another. I also had the pleasure of participating in this short-lived fun time.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:42 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Ugh, just need 5 more people and then the IC will get booted up.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Seriously considering a character who is a son of Bellona to fuck with all you guys picking children of Athena.
I presume that sort of thing is still around (where Athena is pissed off about being replaced by Bellona with the Romans)?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:02 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:Seriously considering a character who is a son of Bellona to fuck with all you guys picking children of Athena.
I presume that sort of thing is still around (where Athena is pissed off about being replaced by Bellona with the Romans)?

There's literally 2 accepted apps, and a third app that is apping for the child of the Roman goddess of truth, not even Minerva. "All you guys" extends to two people.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:03 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Seriously considering a character who is a son of Bellona to fuck with all you guys picking children of Athena.

There's literally 2 accepted apps, and a third app that is apping for the child of the Roman goddess of truth, not even Minerva. "All you guys" extends to two people.

2 is 66% of the current apps.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Yep.

Minerva is the Roman Virgin Goddess and loses all of her strategy and war stuff.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:04 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

2 is 66% of the current apps.

and 1 is 33%, and the other apps to come are going to be 75% of the apps needed to launch the IC.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:05 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:2 is 66% of the current apps.

and 1 is 33%, and the other apps to come are going to be 75% of the apps needed to launch the IC.

You're pretty sassy today aren't ya bud.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

I just think "All you guys" might be a bit of an overstatement if it just barely qualifies as a plural.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

I just think "All you guys" might be a bit of an overstatement if it just barely qualifies as a plural.

It still qualifies as a plural!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:12 pm

so i am nixing my children of Pluto and hades, but am going to make a Child of Nik who gains strength and speed when he wins or succeeds at something.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:13 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

It still qualifies as a plural!

Is the cup a quarter full or a three-quarters empty?

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:15 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:It still qualifies as a plural!

I'd say currently two-thirds full.
Or a third empty. Depending on my mood.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:16 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

I'd say currently two-thirds full.

Well, the real answer lies in whether someone poured it in to be such, or drank it down to be such.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:20 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:I'd say currently two-thirds full.

Well, the real answer lies in whether someone poured it in to be such, or drank it down to be such.

That's very true.
Typically, I'd pour a cup to be three quarters full, roughly...

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:21 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

That's very true.

I tend to pour to whatever seems like a good amount, fractions be damned.

I also sometimes pour a little too much and sip it back down.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:22 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:That's very true.

I tend to pour to whatever seems like a good amount, fractions be damned.

I also sometimes pour a little too much and sip it back down.

That moment when you need to finish off the milk carton but it overfills your cup...

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Onty, have we rp'ed together before?
I don't think we have, and i ask, as I havent had to use rp samples for a while, since i have rp'ed with most people whose rp's i am/was in.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse