NATION

PASSWORD

Legends of Eroris: Arrival |IC|

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Somewhere in the countryside of the Reach

That was the last of them. Do'virr smirked and wiped his blade on the tunic of one of the guards. No one would miss these rich greedy merchants. Well, maybe someone would, but no one would go looking, unless they wished to suffer the same fate...

Ten minutes earlier
The merchant caravan came clopping down the road. It was midday, there was no one in sight. Still, the guards looked around fearfully, for this land was in the territory of one they had only hear stories of. The one man army. The footpad who supposedly had the strength of ten men, as silent as a shadow, who had wrestled with a Drakon in their dragon form.

This wasn't at all true, though the guards did not know it. Still, they kept a watchful eye on the caravan, for this man was known to attack whenever he pleased, even if it was broad daylight on an open track with witnesses. For he moved as methodically as a well homed army, or so the stories told...

There was a rustling in the bushes by the side of the road. Instantly, all the guards nocked arrows, and fired at once. A wailing shriek of pain pierced the air, and a deer shot full of arrows fell out onto the track, scaring the horses. As the guards moved to calm the horses and move the body so the caravan could proceed, a lithe figure kept out on the road. Drawing his sword, he lept upon an unsuspecting guard, who let out a cry of alarm before dying.

The other guards turned around. There he was! The legend, in his flesh! One of those filthy cats, even. Well, they'd show him! Together, they advanced upon the lean Raj. A merchant stuck his head out of the caravan to see the commotion, shrieked in surprise, and lept out, cutting a horse loose and beginning to run away. In one smooth motion, the Raj dropped his sword, nocked and arrow, and shkt the man down. The guards, seeing this as an opportunity, charged the Raj.

"This Raj thinks there will be no survivors. And if you do somehow live, go on, tell the tale. No one passes through here without paying the price..." Do'virr said.

He swung his bow in a sweeping arc, knocking the guards back. One of them, in a moment of intelligence, swung his sword down at the bow, slicing it in half.

"Come on, you made me lose a nice bow. For that you'll pay." Do'virr shouted, and picked up his dropped sword.

One of the guards, a Nord, charged him. Do'virr merely sucked out his sword and watched as the man impaled himself on the blade. Kicking the man of his blade, he turned to face the next attacker. One of those bloody elves. Well, he'd get it. Do'virr parried an overhead swing, and, in one slick motion, left the elf with a wide gash across his stomach.

The rest of the battle wasn't noteworthy. It took less than five minutes to mop up the remainder of the guards and the merchants, and take the goods that were easily transportable. Stealing a horse from the caravan, Do'virr took off for Isnhirion, where he planned to sell the items, then buy some gems. The only good way to transport money nowadays, was in dependable, light, small gemstones.
Some hours later...
Isnhirion

Do'virr hadn't gotten a half bad deal. The buyer had been somewhat decent, and the man who sold him the gems was honest, though unsavory. Now, he needed a nice long drink to end his night. He knew of just the place, the Dancing Dragon.

Do'virr walked over, and was met by a blank wall. Noticing the sign hanging, he realized that he did indeed come to the right place.
Well, where in Dread is the door? It had to be here somewhere..

Do'virr began by tapping on the wall, then slamming ona section that seemed promising, much to the surprise of onlookers.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Earwulf smirked at Almrick. He was worrying he'd overreached but the emperor seemed to like him... Or so he thought. But he had doubts about the invasion too "How large is the tenth legion?" he asked. "The Reach is populace since it's got nothing but farmers so they have a big army. This might require a larger force than just one legion."

"I'm a guard and if you give me any more shit you'll be back out to sea to face those storms. What sort of business?" the guard yelled

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Woodstovia wrote:Earwulf smirked at Almrick. He was worrying he'd overreached but the emperor seemed to like him... Or so he thought. But he had doubts about the invasion too "How large is the tenth legion?" he asked. "The Reach is populace since it's got nothing but farmers so they have a big army. This might require a larger force than just one legion."

"I'm a guard and if you give me any more shit you'll be back out to sea to face those storms. What sort of business?" the guard yelled

" I am here to find a old salt named Silas and i heard he frequents the Drunken Sailor".

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Everhall wrote:The Ember Tower - Council Chambers
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

Ruven hesitated, this was the only way to have a chance at beating the Akounate. They were the biggest challenge they were to face. But yet if he agreed to this, he would be accepting the Count's methods,

"I accept the arrangement Earwulf. We have a deal. I will send the 10th Legion to Atlas under the command of my Uncle, Phaaran. How long will it take until you are ready for the offensive?"

The Ember Tower - Central Courtyard

Igmund laughed,

"Not likely turncloak. We redbeards won't give up that easy!"

The King launched a friezes assault of the Jarl, exploiting every slip up every hesitation the Jarl would show,

"WE ARE THE BREAKERS!" he roared

The Dancing Dragon

"Yes." Phaerl nodded walking to the bar, "Get from under there or we'll blow you and the bar up!"

"No don't! Please don't! I knew something like this was going to bite me in the ass at some point. Now what in Dread do you want?"

"My uncle is missing because of someone named "O" I want answers!"

The bartender didn't flinch, "Hey, it's your funeral. I did hear something about a drop in a cave just North of the city. They said some guy was heavily rewarding them for something."

"What where exactly?" Phaerl demanded

"I don't know... Um... I heard something about the Chariot race track but that's it."

"Thank you." Phaerl walked away from the bartender and looked to the robed man,

"Who are you?"

Jarl Valdr "Raven-Eyes" Hrafn

"His Berserker rage is starting to show... time to run him dry."

Instead of parrying the blows with his axes, he rolled away and kept himself moving around staying just nearly out of reach of Worldbreaker's swing

"You'll find that ravens are more than just omens of death, Redbeard."
He spoke as he suddenly locked his axes inbetween the shaft of Worldbreaker, the blade just inches from his head. He then jerked violently, twisting his axes to the left, and twisting Worldbreaker and hopefully twisting the axe out of Igmund's hand.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:50 pm

The Ember Tower - Council Chambers
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

"Ten-thousand legionaries." the Emperor stopped, "What was I thinking sending only one legion. I'll send all but the Fifth and Fourth. Thank you for catching my error of judgement, it's been A long day. The Fourth shall be sent to Norravägg to deal with some... problems..."

Almrick rose, "If I may, I would like to accompany Fourth to the province."

Ruven looked to Almrick, "Well. This is out of nowhere cousin. Any reason?"

"I want to fight against these seperatists in my second homeland."

"Very well. Anything else Earwulf?"

Igmund head butted Valdr violently, giving him enough time to rearm himself with his weopon and strike down on the Jarl.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 pm

"May I know where your cousin's chambers are? I'd love to speak to my beloved about our arrangement." he said, for a man who knew what he was like the emperor seemed strangely okay with giving Earwulf his cousin.

"That still doesn't tell me what you want with Silas." The Guard said.
Last edited by Woodstovia on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Central Courtyard, The Ember Tower

Valdr fell to his bottom dazed, cursing himself "Of course it won't be that easy."

But he rolled away from the coming blow and regained his footing, his blood was pumping hot now, he could feel his heart pounding in his chest, his boiling blood causing every muscle to tense in his body, his own vision started turning a red shade. He roared and rushed the King, too close for him to swing his ax and hit him, but close enough that Valdr could use his axes and other body parts while he was at.

Valdr was a whilwind, hurling his axes left and right, up and down, rolling and side-stepping all around the King, whenever his ax was stopped it was moved quickly away to another place to strike, occasionally he would take a jab with his elbow into the King as they continued their brawl.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:01 pm

Kyr
Anora's Chambers

When he heard the door lock He peeked over the chair he was hiding behind. When he saw that the person the guards had thrown in was Anora, the person he was looking for, he perked up a bit. He stood up to his full height and removed his hood silently, revealing a visage that was reminiscent of a Valyar, but not, his skin wasn't quite that grey and his eyes were blue rather than red. He spoke probably startling the lady saying " Well i didnt expect to find you this soon, a shame The Emperor locked you up for pure naivety."

Amariki
Death Pass
At the Orcs question He responded " That is possible but i suggest we approach with caution." He looked around briefly before continuing "Such a way, though slightly hidden may still be guarded." He gestured towards a higher area where there appeared to be a simple slight indentation in the terrain, though if one looked they could see that even though it was near the light it had a rather dark shadow. " i suggest we look at that one it is less noticeable and might just be a passage past the Fort, if we are lucky.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 pm

The Ember Tower - Council Chamber
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

"Just head up the stairs to the third floor, there will be a guard next to her door." said Ruven, "Tell me if she gives you any trouble."

The Ember Tower - Anora's Chambers

Anora jumped at the statement, on any normal day she would have blasted the man to smithereens, but she hesitated, maybe he could help her,

"Who in Dread are you?" Anora questioned

"I see you've come into your rage Valdr!" Redbeard roared with delight, "Come Raven! Strike me down!"

The King was still putting up a good fight, but the Jarl could now tell he was starting to tire. His response times were lower to Valdr's attacks, and a few actually managed to break through.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Earwulf nodded, he turned to Almrick who had laughed at him "I'll be sure to treat your sister well." he smirked, leaving the room and ascending up the flight of stairs

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Woodstovia wrote:"May I know where your cousin's chambers are? I'd love to speak to my beloved about our arrangement." he said, for a man who knew what he was like the emperor seemed strangely okay with giving Earwulf his cousin.

"That still doesn't tell me what you want with Silas." The Guard said.

Burghealm said to the guard while gritting his teeth," I just want to talk to him, now please let me through".

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Everhall wrote:The Ember Tower - Anora's Chambers

Anora jumped at the statement, on any normal day she would have blasted the man to smithereens, but she hesitated, maybe he could help her,

"Who in Dread are you?" Anora questioned

" I am Nobody, merely a Ghost, so your use of Dread is certainly not wrong." He looked around briefly before he continued " Your discussion on the Stone Road though intriguing was rather naive. There are poisons that would have been undetecable and are only harmful after being in the Body, though one could have been used, i believe your cousin only recently came back, not enough time for any poison to take real effect, without noticeable symptoms." He heard steps coming towards the door and someone speaking to the guards. He moved to the side of the door silently, so he would be behind it when opened and just as silently pulled out Glaraldor, from under his cloak and the runes and glyphs forged into glowed briefly as he turned invisible along with it. He made a shushing gesture with his finger towards Anora before he turned fully invisible.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Hōjō clan

The Akounate lived up to their name that day, as Sōun and his retinue of guards churned what passed for a road under the hooves of their mounts. The gentle thunder of their passage drowned out the rain that rattled on their helms and slender breastplates, and lightning flashed far out to sea over the despondent waters of Shipbreaker Bay to their right.

The Lord himself devoutly wished he had worn some sort of armour as a means of protection, no matter how slight, from the torrential downpour. His leather doublet just didn’t quite cut it, though his blood red cloak seemed to be protecting him from the worst. Still, pour as it might, Sōun revelled in every drop. This was his realm, from the Elfswood to the Marches, and he was proud to watch over the entirety of his territory, storms and all.

With his light white hair sodden and plastered to his face, he could just about begin to make out the dim outline of Parchments, looking down its nose from the summit of its hill at a small town. Sōun frowned at the sight - this development was new to him. Even with the rain and mist swirling around him, the Lord could make out the curious, angular form of scaffolding sitting near the coast.

His retainers got to work quickly, he thought, approving, though he winced inwardly at what it must cost… especially the wall he was building to defend it... Such a large dockyard could churn out many ships, not an unwelcome sight.

“Tamemoto!” Sōun muttered to the knight next to him. “Ride over, see what’s going on.” As the captain of his household guard galloped off into the fog, Sōun grumbled to himself that his retainers better be grateful he was taking this journey to see him in person. It was not often that Sōun rode out to that various holdfasts and castles in his real, preferring to operate from his seat in Sagami, his nerve centre. But, he reflected, he could do with a break from almost tireless martial training and administrative nightmares.

When the laconic swordsman returned, it was with a sly smile on his face that made Sōun check his earlier approval. “Report.”

“Well,” Tamemoto began, still smirking, “apparently Lord Zeniya Gohei has raised this new settlement… ‘Ishikawa’, because he saw fit to repurpose Kanazawa itself...”

Sōun was still not amused. “Go on...”

“Seems that most of the buildings you see down here,” he said, gesturing towards Ishikawa, “were once within the castle walls. And now? Well, he seems to have replaced them with gardens.”

The silence following the knight’s report was disturbed only by the rain, and the snorting of Sōun’s black stallion, as if in derision. Half tempted to join him, Sōun thought darkly. What was Zeniya Gohei thinking? Still, the scatty lord’s finances were his own to manage, and he could do as he saw fit… provided the Master of Ships got what he wanted, after all. His lips curled into a humourless smile that mirrored Tamemoto, and Sōun and his guards rode ever closer to Kanazawa, curious on seeing Zeniya’s new developments.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Amariki
Death Pass
At the Orcs question He responded " That is possible but i suggest we approach with caution." He looked around briefly before continuing "Such a way, though slightly hidden may still be guarded." He gestured towards a higher area where there appeared to be a simple slight indentation in the terrain, though if one looked they could see that even though it was near the light it had a rather dark shadow. " i suggest we look at that one it is less noticeable and might just be a passage past the Fort, if we are lucky.

Xoruh huffed lowly in thought and then nodded. "Let us advance then." He gives a heave as he lifts himself on to the rocks and continues the climb to the shortcut. The few chains that still hanged from his cuffs made useful tools to grapple with the terrain.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Central Courtyard, The Ember Tower

Valdr pressed the attack, he was not satisfied with giving him a few wounds, this was a duel to the death. Harder and quicker his strikes grew as more began to meet their mark on the High King's body Valdr spoke

"I swear on my honor and family, that House Redbeard will not become extinct at my command and will hold lands still in my reign" He then struck the final blow, a strike at the neck came through and left a deep gash. Keeping the High King's hands clutching Worldbreaker he said this time quieter.

"You shall be buried with Worldbreaker and remembered, may Dīs Pater take you and grant you your desires in the afterlife." And closed the eyes of Igmund Redbeard.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:35 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:Wiking chuckled in reply, before speaking "Indeed, i have been alive for a long time, but it was many years since i employed someone with a tongue and mind of your caliber, for that you can call me impressed." he said as he took the list, and started to read it as he keep on speaking "And you can take my word that you gender carries little importance to me, if and when the storms reaches Reach. Rest assured i will need competent blades by my side, no matter if they be sons or daughters. Yet your assurance is indeed calming, for you are as skillful with a blade as you are in making them"

Once he was done reading the list he looked up at Haruna "Everything that you have written here will be arranged, your apprentices can either sleep in one of the Mansions dormitories, of course i will have one cleaned out for them exclusively to use, or i can have for wagons to be arranged by your house. I will leave that to your discretion. The food i will have arranged for transportation down to your forge, prepared and ready for consumption. I will also arrange for some benches to let them sit while eating."

Done speaking he looked at haruna and made a last statement "So, i think we are done here now." he said, half as a question and half as as statement

"There is nothing, milord. I shall make haste to return the weapons and armour to your expectations. As always, Shimazaki Haruna will be at your call and behest."

Haruna bowed and left, nodding to Franz on her way out as she collected her weapons belt, passing the stable boy another silver piece as she rode hard for the servants' village. She has seen the designs of the elven armour and although slightly complicated due to the art of blending good finesse designs with lightweight materials was an emphasis, Haruna has forged several sets in the past, during her training with her old master before he passed away. The same master who tempered the magical fire within her, preventing Haruna from destroying the orphanage, the village, by twisting her ability of magic the other way around. While she retains a considerable amount of magical ability, most of it was manipulated to destroy mages and their weapons, weapons which without would lower them to the ability of the common footman.

And so she rode through the forest, slowing as she came upon the wreck of a wagon. Fruits and grain were spilled across the road, as the warrior maiden dismounted and went closer for a better look. There was no sign of bloodshed, simply a wreck. No signs of fighting either. Too engrossed was Haruna in her investigation that she did not notice the net until it was too late, the weighed contraption falling over her and pinning her to the ground as she cried out in surprise.

"Well, well, well! What do we have here!" A male voice called out from the trees, a dozen figures stepping out as Haruna drew out a dagger, immediately starting to work on the net.

"Some pretty maiden on the road I see. Didn't daddy ever tell you that the roads are dangerous?"

"She'll fetch a good price, this one. I mean, check that out!" A hand reached down and slapped her butt through her skirt, giving a little squeeze as wolf whistles and cheers rang around her.

Haruna was angry. Not at their comments or their actions, but at her stupidity to fall for a trap. The hand on her rear did not help, especially when she could not work on the rope anymore, with her dagger being stomped away from her hands. However, the links she cut allowed her to move a little more, just as they began to prop her up for moving, and a katana flashed out, severing rope as Haruna chanted in incantation, her body movement accelerating as the Haste spell took effect, time slowing down as Haruna accelerated, her free hand tearing the net off herself.

It was an amateurish effort to capture her, and the warrior maiden would make them pay for it.

An bandit raised his crossbow, as Haruna drew her second blade, a quick flick deflecting the bolt as it soared towards her chest. Another look at Haruna right before she burst out of the net, was that her eyes were turning silver, a light glow as her innate abilities took over. Her vision shifted a little, catching the glowing outline of a mage as he tried to cast a spell. The somatic and vocal components were familiar to her, as she darted across to the crossbowman, a slash of her blade knocking the weapon aside before her off-hand sent the second katana across his stomach, disemboweling the man with a quick slash.

The firebolt soared towards Haruna, as she focused slightly on the mage. He was casting another spell, a more potent attack as Haruna stood, allowing the bolt of fire to strike her. However, her body resisted most of the magical effects, her training in destroying effects linked to mana coming into play. However, regarding the fireball which came next, Haruna dashed towards the caster, just as a quick slash of her weapon parried the explosive fireball towards the bandits, the spell exploding in their midst in a cacophony of cries as her weapons treated the magical spell like a projectile. Lightning Bolts... Fireballs... When Shimazaki Haruna drew out her training and discipline, few mages in the world could actually stop her, especially not a hedge wizard who learnt spells just for banditry.

The wizard lost the initiative, and then lost his head. Haruna turned to the man who grabbed her ass, his face singed by the fire as he stumbled out of the mess. Haruna slashed down hard, taking out his hand, before the other blade loped his head off, the weapon slicing cleanly through bone. The warrior maiden was in full battle stance, blades in a guard position as she practically flew across the battlefield, parrying weapons and countering fiercely. Whereas the bandits had the early initiative, they now fell before a vengeful battle maiden who spared none of these who would harm the next traveler.

"Spa-spare me... please..." The leader pleaded as he saw his party fall dead before Haruna. The wind blew softly on her, her hair and clothes flowing with the current as she approached the man. A boot to the face, before it crashed down onto his chest, as the bandit struggled to get free. Haruna raised a katana above his head, but paused for just that moment. That moment when the bandit's eyes looked downwards, up her creamy thighs onto what she wore under her skirt, which marked the fall of the katana, Haruna teasingly giving him one last feel of satisfaction before his death. She needed to speak no words.

An hour later, Haruna was back at her home, summoning her apprentices for the project they were to embark on. It would be a long, long week.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Eahfrid Egric Ealdhere
The Dancing Dragon
Ashen

He raised an eyebrow in question, "The same could be asked of you and your friends. However, I am Baron Eahfrid Ealdherr of Stoneground, of the county Atlas." He paused, fully sheathing his blade and fixing his hair. "And who might you and your friends be?" He asked, flashing a well practiced and natural smile.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Dakota was slapped by a branch. He was just happy to get away from the awful foolbirds. He only called them that because when he shot the one on the bottom the others wouldn't move, but now it seems that they just try and insult the daylights out of anything they see that moves. His feet hurried through the brush as the sound of a man staring at a water nymph filled his ears. The sound of Gurgling. A stream was ahead. The trees began to make a run for it as he got closer, giving way to a festival of grass and insects on the banks of the river. The place looked to be deep in the woods, but he knew this place. He had wrote of it in his book: The Reach Volume 2. This place was called Nosebrook falls because the water seemed to come forth from the nose of a rock shaped like a mans face.

Looking around no one seemed to be around, no one except for the creatures of the forest. The birds and the bees, the trees and their leaves, the moose and the eagles, and of course the squirrels. Dakota walked towards a stump that had a black mark on it as if it were struck by lightning after being bit down by a beaver. He sat down upon the stump, planting his body upon the lower half of the formerly living tree. From his supplies he removed a bagpipe and began playing. The tune sounded like a national anthem, but not one most would recognize. It was the anthem of Ceoreon. An earthy song familar to the family of the marches noble family, and the marches residences hopefully.

The sound of the pipe carried strong and true for many a metre away from him, attracting forest creatures from far and wide. By the end of his performance, a family of deer, squirrels, and eagles had gathered around.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:46 am

Everhall wrote:The Dancing Dragon

At that point, only her, and her group, and two other people were left standing in the bar. Most being dead or unconscious. Behind the bar the bartender shook violently.

She stared at where that man that was approaching her disappeared,

"I fucking hate invisibility..." She growled, "Where are you sneak?"

As Syn started to slowly move closer to the lady he said "Listen, I don't want tot fight you okay. Cause I saw that Spell you did and it killed alot of people. I don't really feel like getting hit with something like that so. I suggest we stop fighting" Syn Said as he showed himself to the woman. "I'm Syn and who might you be he said." After that he heard the other man annoce himself as a Baron. Which made Syn's cynical side come out a bit. "Why would a Baron be in such a bar like this?" He said looking at Eahfrid
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:52 am

The Beginning of the World Breaker

The Duel

Thunder crackled above and the deafening sound of fierce rain engulfed the dark mountain which the Orc stronghold of Gha Kurdrugh was founded upon.

The massive frames of two giant warriors were silhouetted briefly when streaks of jagged lightning flashed abruptly in the background.

Quagrash the Mountain, Chieftain of Gha Kurdrugh, stared at this new, bold Orc that dared to challenge his position in his tribe. A position which he has held firmly for many months as he had been strong enough and big enough to either intimidate challengers or rip their throats out with his bare hands.

But this seasoned warrior realized ,at the first sight of the Orc that stood silently before him, that he was to finally meet his match. He hadn't had a tough fight since his duel against the former chieftain of the village.

Having ousted his predecessor he made use of his warriors to fight the seemingly never-ending conflicts against rival chieftains for him while he enjoyed the pleasures provided to him by his harem.

Still, attempting to stare down this unknown Orc in an effort to avoid a fight he saw that this was an Orc even larger than he was! A slight shiver vibrated along his spine; a sensation that he had not felt for a very long time.

Snarling Chieftain Quagrash shook his head, mustered a bestial-like roar then charged at the Orc in front of him swinging his two-handed spiked club side to side like a madman.

Balrog Balthazar

Despite the rain penetrating the tiny openings of my armor, trickling down my hammer, splattering against my dark green hands, washing my long hair that hung out from my helmet...

My eyes were still dry. They saw clearly, as clear as if it was the day. I can not explain how though I had a feeling that it was the blessing from of all the Orcs that had perished while chained. I know they look down on me with hope. And knowing that gives me power.

I relaxed momentarily as the Orc Chieftain ran at me like an agitated wild boar. It was unfortunate for him that wild boar was my favorite dish.

Snarling once more I immediately tightened my muscles. As adrenaline began to pump into my body I gripped ''Elven's Bane'' and charged.

Stomping loudly towards my opponent we both neared each other. In almost perfect unison we lifted our weapons and swung at full strength.

BOW!

The force of club and hammer meeting pushed me back a step. My enemy, the Chieftain, staggered.

He is weaker! I realized. For a second I grinned, my canine teeth glistening inside my helmet.

Both of us swung our weapons again for a second time though unlike the first time I adopted a defensive stance. Having gauged his physical ability along mine my mind read his technique. The Chieftain swung sideways at me which I intercepted.

This continued for a long period of time. I met every attack from the Chieftain with my own. It was a battle of strength and I wanted onlookers from inside Gha Kurdrugh to see that I outmatched their Chieftain physically, an important aspect for any Orc in leadership, mating or survival.

Finally, Quagrash reached the point of going berserk, roaring in pure anger he now leaped at me, his spiked club held over his head. He wanted to bash my head in. Moving steps forward, changing grip position, I met his club's lower body near the handle using my hammer's midsection. This was followed by a powerful thrusting right leg. The sheer force pushed the Orc Chieftain downwards.

He landed hard against the stone-infested ground.

He made an attempt to lift himself back up and raised his club again but it would prove futile. Summoning a great fraction of my power I slammed Elven's Bane down on his arm. A roar or scream by Orc standards erupted from my downed opponent. Crimson, warm liquid sprayed everywhere and the earth once more were stained.

The Chieftain's arm no longer resembled an arm anymore.

''Argh...mercy O' Great Warrior. You have won the duel, you are now the Chieftain of Gha Kurdrugh. Spare me and I promise you Orc's honor I shall never set foot on these lands again, '' pleaded the defeated now former Chieftain Quagrash.

I considered the option of mercy. But as the skies cleared and the first golden rays illuminated the landscape around us I could feel it. The inhabitants of Gha Kurdrugh watching us. First impressions were crucial if I was to use them in my revolutionary crusade for all Orc-kind.

Grunting I replied, 'I like your idea but it just does not appeal to me personally.'

Instantly after saying those words which sealed the fate of Quagrash the Mighty Elven's Bane destroyed the hideous face that below me to thousands of minute pieces.

Glaring up at the ramparts of Gha Kurdrugh I proclaimed with a bellowing voice, 'My name is Barog Balthazar. I will be your Chieftain from now on. All those who question or even dare challenge my claim will face my horde!'

Moments after I said that last sentence masses of Orc barbarians emerged from the distance. Numbering around 500 strong they were the ones that joined my righteous quest since my arrival on the harsh mountains 20 years ago. Well trained, heavily armed and most of all loyal I felt pride in these soldiers. Leading them were my 3. They were the last remaining of the original 5 that followed me out of slavery into the hands of freedom.

Any thoughts of opposition, however unlikely, would have vanished from the tribe. The gates of the stronghold soon opened up wide for my army and me.

I strode inside, exuding the presence of a natural Alpha Beast to all. It would take a while for a community to become used to a new leader, especially one they have never met before. But time was something I did not have much of in my hands currently...

Orc Stronghold of Gha Kurdrugh

When the Orc horde had set up in the stronghold with the original guards being informed of their new duties and commander Balrog ordered the entire tribe to gather at the center.

It was imperative that he win the favor of his people. Fortunately orating was a skill which I excelled at.

'I am Barog Balthazar. I will be the World Breaker, all creatures will bow before me! You only need to address me as your great and mighty Warlord Balthazar of the Orc Mountains, soon to be the Orc Empire!

To further elaborate, the Orc peoples are as you know already the strongest in the world. Yet we are enslaved by the Elven peoples and forced to submit to their will. The Kingdom of Valyaria is killing Orcs by the hundreds each day! But something else enrages me more!

Those Orcs that are free, such as you that stand before me, are not doing anything to save their brethren from their unfortunate plights! Instead, they bicker and war against each other from the last, safe sanctuaries for Orcs in the mountains!

I am the Chosen of the spirits of all Orcs that perished under the whips of the Valyaar. I will be the savior of the Orcs!

The first step to achieving this is we must change our culture, our society. No longer shall the tradition of duels for the position of Chieftains and their sole right to mate with our females exist, at least not in my territory. Orc females are strong, they will now on work alongside their male counterparts and they have the right to choose their mates though mates should be strong Orcs.

These changes to our culture are necessary if we want to stop fighting amongst ourselves! We will work towards the true goal.

Work towards what, you may ask. You all will work towards the uniting of all the Orc strongholds and ultimately the destruction of Elven kind!'

A raucous, ear-splintering roar burst from the throats of the Orcs of Gha Kurdrugh, now the Orcs of Warlord Balthazar the World Breaker. Those select few that did not cheer, whether for conservative reasons for preserving Orc tradition or just plain dislike for this young, ambitious ruler were noted by the soldiers of Balthazar. It meant action would be taken on them.

Later that night...

A large, wrinkled map was laid out across the circular table. The building I am in at the moment was the Chieftain's ''castle''.

It was a large, spacious structure that included fancy decorations in the form of hunted animal heads and fur skins, silver decor, a hall and multiple rooms. Evidently Quagrash had spent the Chieftain's fortunes from tithes and plunder well...

If anything though it only further motivated me to cleanse the Orc race of such decadence and guide them back on the right path. My speech was just a bit far fetched in some aspects such as I proclaiming myself to be the ''chosen'' of divine spirits or entities. But it was necessary and very beneficial to my cause.

Back to what was happening my 3 lieutenants, champions, and only friends were on different sides of the table. They were surveying the map which detailed the mountains of which the Orc strongholds called home. The war against the other Chieftains is the only way if my claim to the leader of all Orcs was be justified.

Gha Kurdrugh's Orcs were already toiling hard. I am on the war path and as a result was transforming the stronghold into a place where weapons, armor, and war machines would be produced. The workforce was considerably higher as the females were no longer just objects to satisfy pathetic bodily desires.

The plan, for now, is to reside in Gha Kurdrugh for a while of course until I have conjured up a force strong enough to steamroll the other strongholds that were all located North of Gha Kurdrugh.

Eyes also strayed towards the lands of the Reachmen, their fertile lands that should be dotted with countless villages that rely heavily on agriculture. To the continent's south, the Akounate nation seemed a possible ally in my war against the Elven peoples of Eroris but I was preparing for a conflict for the title of the Biggest Orc in the Mountains so such thoughts would have to wait.

Gha Kurdrugh will be my home for the time being. Good thing I am a patient Orc.

An hour later my eyes slid closed for the night and as the screams of the first dissidents being pulled away to be impaled by my soldiers rang through the night I began to dream.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 am

Relikai wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:Wiking chuckled in reply, before speaking "Indeed, i have been alive for a long time, but it was many years since i employed someone with a tongue and mind of your caliber, for that you can call me impressed." he said as he took the list, and started to read it as he keep on speaking "And you can take my word that you gender carries little importance to me, if and when the storms reaches Reach. Rest assured i will need competent blades by my side, no matter if they be sons or daughters. Yet your assurance is indeed calming, for you are as skillful with a blade as you are in making them"

Once he was done reading the list he looked up at Haruna "Everything that you have written here will be arranged, your apprentices can either sleep in one of the Mansions dormitories, of course i will have one cleaned out for them exclusively to use, or i can have for wagons to be arranged by your house. I will leave that to your discretion. The food i will have arranged for transportation down to your forge, prepared and ready for consumption. I will also arrange for some benches to let them sit while eating."

Done speaking he looked at haruna and made a last statement "So, i think we are done here now." he said, half as a question and half as as statement

"There is nothing, milord. I shall make haste to return the weapons and armour to your expectations. As always, Shimazaki Haruna will be at your call and behest."

Haruna bowed and left, nodding to Franz on her way out as she collected her weapons belt, passing the stable boy another silver piece as she rode hard for the servants' village. She has seen the designs of the elven armour and although slightly complicated due to the art of blending good finesse designs with lightweight materials was an emphasis, Haruna has forged several sets in the past, during her training with her old master before he passed away. The same master who tempered the magical fire within her, preventing Haruna from destroying the orphanage, the village, by twisting her ability of magic the other way around. While she retains a considerable amount of magical ability, most of it was manipulated to destroy mages and their weapons, weapons which without would lower them to the ability of the common footman.

Once Haruna had left the building Franz entered the study room that wiking was in, "Franz, there is a list on my desk of thing that need to be arranged. Clean out a dormitory, and arrange for a wagon to transport up to a dozen men. Miss Haruna's staff will be treated as staff of this house. I want a meal every day transported down to her forge, same food as the rest of the staff, make sure they do not go hungry." wiking commanded, looking out of a window, up to the clear blue sky, dotted with black clouds.

"as you command, is there anything more i can do for his lordship?" franz replied, bowing slightly

Wiking nodded in reply, turing himself so he faced his head servant "I want each and every armory in Summerset inspected, regiments inspected. There is a storm, and i do not know if it will reach our land. But if it does, i want it to be broken upon the cliffs we will make" he said, his voice changing as he spoke, from a refined older man, to that of a military commander, projecting confidence, authority, and the expectation that all his words be obeyed.

Franz smirked as he replied "Should a storm set over the reach, or summerset, rest assured lord, there is a army with two hundred years of preparation at your command. And much like the armies, i shall be at your command, for me and my forefathers have trained for an equally long time to be able to defend you and your assets." he said, bowing again.

"For that you have my thanks, now, i do not wish to be disturbed until supper." wiking said as he sat down at the desk again, and returned to his letters, reports and papers.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:15 am

The Dancing Dragon
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

"A Baron." said Phaerl, "Last time I checked Barons didn't go to shady bars in the middle of the capital..."

She thought for a moment, "My name is Phaerl the Sword. You may have heard of me."

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:38 am

Streets of Lenora
2nd Last Light, 199 5E

The slow walk back to the School-tower was a long and arduous one. The sun had begun to set and many people were rushing their way home, or to the nearest pub, whichever came first. No one paid my bloody tunic any mind, nor my lacerated forearm. I clutched my wound tightly, blood still pulsing trough my fingers. It was rather painful and far more serious than I previously imagined. I sighed with relief as I approached the simple wooden doors of the tower, sliding inside and rushing off to the student dormitories. My first day in the city was a rather unpleasant one.

The halls of the School were quiet and most students were likely in the library or out on the town, but a few exchanged worried glances as I passed. I hadn't thought about my cleanliness, making a mental note to apologize to the caretakers for the mess of mud and blood that I tracked into the Tower. I left my sword by my bunk and lumbered off towards the washroom where several large tubs of water lay, and a few smaller ones on pedestals. I approached one of the smaller buckets, running the cool water over my hand and lower arms. It was soothing and cleansing, though the water quickly turned a murky shade of reddish-brown. Now I closed my relatively clean hand over my wound again, letting magic flow through me. I focused on mending the tear, sewing the flesh, reuniting muscles. After a few agonizingly tiring seconds, I removed my hand. The wound now looked many days old, still red and slightly scabbed, but mostly healed. The pain ebbed away quickly as well.

I finished washing and then drained the now ruddy water out of the wash-tub. Clean and mended I lay down on my bed, slipping into vivid dreams of the wild country of my home. Somewhere in the distance, a lone wolf cried in mourning.
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 am

Outside the Dancing Dragon

"Is there no one inside?" Do'virr growled in frustration. He put his ear to the wall, and heard definite sounds of talking. "Well, Why. Won't. They. Listen!" he yelled, slamming the wall with each word.

Where the hell is the bartender? By this point, he should have corrected the problem. All sorts of shady shit happens all the time here, this is probably just another spell from Dread gone wrong. That's it. I am fed up.

"Why the Dread won't you just let me in!" he yelled. Do'virr proceeded to slam his body against the wall, scaring passerby even more, who hurried along their way upon seeing the angry Raj.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:33 am

Outside The Dancing Dragon

One of the guards manning the street walked to the Raj,

"What in Dread are you doing cat?" The man demanded towering over the Raj

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse