NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Never Heroes (A Superhero RP) OOC / HIATUS

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:Oooh.
I've never tried that before.
Hippie type guy with plant manipulation?
Or like a birdwatcher with bird manipulation?

Either works. Sky's the limit.

I'll take it for the latter then :P
Seriously though, bombarding a guy with pigeons (because come on, we're in a city. There are pigeons, right?) would be funny.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Rygondria wrote:trying to debate between super speed or super strength.

Ooh, if you are strong then you could use my character as a bat or something somewhere down the line.

The Olog-Hai wrote:I'll take it for the latter then :P
Seriously though, bombarding a guy with pigeons (because come on, we're in a city. There are pigeons, right?) would be funny.

You had me at pigeon bombardment.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Sat May 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Ooh, if you are strong then you could use my character as a bat or something somewhere down the line.

I could actually picture my character doing something like that, that or throwing her into a crowd of goons to show off for the camera.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:So these are the limitations I have come up with

He can only slow down time in only a limited area (undetermined) to multiple rates (all the way to what seems to be a halt) However this puts stress on his body and mind, while he has trained to resist the stress for years, he can only hold time still for about an hour (or maybe less) before growing exhausted and must find a way to recover and rest

Note: he can slow down individual objects and persons though for a shorter undetermined time oh yeah and of course he can move normally while time is stopped

Okay, so he can slow time. An hour may be much but otherwise I can go along with it. I feel his range should be limited. If he can simply slow down an entire building then a fight becomes meaningless, but then again I feel anyone caught in the AoE (villain and ally) would be affected.

Rygondria wrote:I could actually picture my character doing something like that, that or throwing her into a crowd of goons to show off for the camera.

The absurdity of it all is pure gold.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Then I'll go with the bird manipulation.
Can the guy have like a pet hawk or something, and also use random birds that are around?
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 8:10 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Ooh, if you are strong then you could use my character as a bat or something somewhere down the line.

Then I'll go with the bird manipulation.
Can the guy have like a pet hawk or something, and also use random birds that are around?

OF COURSE HE CAN!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:12 pm

New Neros wrote:...

I assume that his suit is something that anyone can build with the correct knowledge and funds? Other than that I think it's coming along quite nicely.

The Olog-Hai wrote:Then I'll go with the bird manipulation.

Are there any regulations with owning hawks? I don't think there is, so I can see him having a pet bird. So long as you stay on my good side I won't have to create a Borderlands 2 moment.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat May 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Kuhlfros wrote:So these are the limitations I have come up with

He can only slow down time in only a limited area (undetermined) to multiple rates (all the way to what seems to be a halt) However this puts stress on his body and mind, while he has trained to resist the stress for years, he can only hold time still for about an hour (or maybe less) before growing exhausted and must find a way to recover and rest

Note: he can slow down individual objects and persons though for a shorter undetermined time oh yeah and of course he can move normally while time is stopped

Okay, so he can slow time. An hour may be much but otherwise I can go along with it. I feel his range should be limited. If he can simply slow down an entire building then a fight becomes meaningless, but then again I feel anyone caught in the AoE (villain and ally) would be affected.

Rygondria wrote:I could actually picture my character doing something like that, that or throwing her into a crowd of goons to show off for the camera.

The absurdity of it all is pure gold.

1. Less time with time at what seems to be stopped, okay...15-30 minutes? Less?
2. Yeah I need to think up a radius of his time stopping abilities but I am not entirely sure what it should be...50 foot radius...less?
3. Yes everyone (but him) is affected if he is using the AoE
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:NAME: Leonid Chernikov
ALIAS: Mr. Shadow
NATIONALITY: Russian
ETHNICITY: Russian
APPEARANCE: Leonid Chernikov

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Neutral

ABILITIES: Typical vampire abilities. Superhuman strength, superhuman speed, ability to turn into swarm of bats, drinking blood, and the ability to turn human into ghoul, his personal servant(s).
SKILLS: Aside from that abilities above? Good close-combatant, good marksmanship, and has the strange knack of artistry, mostly about the art of beautiful but lonely and sweet girls. Fluent in Russia, English, and few Japanese.
WEAKNESS: Typical vampire weaknesses, holy water and light. Cross only temporary weaken him down for a long period of time, while garlic has no effect. Also horrible business knack.
GOALS: To enjoy his freedom, and perhaps, finds his own Mina.
FEARS: Forced to live his life without someone to love.

EQUIPMENT: Just..the old picture of him and his fiancee, Julia.

PERSONALITY: Devil-may-care attitude, sarcastic, but deep down inside, a broken heart and a compassion that is covered with cynic.
DISLIKES: No Julia.

BIO:

He forgot his own name.

What he remembered, however, was when he was born. Born as the son of a nobility family in Novgorod, he was known for his troublemaker personality, but whoever he is, he's still a good guy. That's why, he might found his perfect part of heart in Julia, an English woman who traveled to Novgorod as someone who worked as a doctor, accompanying the English visitors on their official trip to Russia. Fell in love with each other, however it was, is the only happiest moment in his life.

One day, when it was revealed that his parents won't approve of his marriage with Julia, they tried to eloped, and successfully slipped into a ship paid by his own coffers. Unfortunately, the crew had been bribed by his parents to killed Julia, and he...was the collateral damage. Julia was killed while pregnant with their first child and in the moment of anger, he killed several before thrown off from the ship and stranded on Sweden. Found by a local cleric and vampire, he was nursed back to health, and was subsequently turned into vampire.

For centuries until 18th, he lived and learned the arts of vampirism and how to live as a good one in the shadow, but then his master was killed by a vampire hunter while on a trip to Russia, and he was able to escaped the grasp of the hunter. He was given a new name by his master when he found him, Leonid, and he used it for traveling in Russia, collecting more knowledge and hoarding treasures, while trying to find his Julia...to no avail.

He went to America on the dawn of Cold War, now rich, under the guise as a German scientist. Not really smart with science, but with that cover he was able to hid himself in America after that, working his way as a businessman, but he just hasn't got the business knack. As of 21st century, he lived modestly as a start-up investor for an up-and-coming technology company working for security, and apparently as a minor celebrity within the socialites world in Seattle.

RP EXAMPLE: viewtopic.php?p=28017395#p28017395

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylkSUS9Ofs
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:1. Less time with time at what seems to be stopped, okay...15-30 minutes? Less?
2. Yeah I need to think up a radius of his time stopping abilities but I am not entirely sure what it should be...50 foot radius...less?
3. Yes everyone (but him) is affected if he is using the AoE

1: No more than 30 minutes seems good.

2: 50ft seems like good starting place. Can always get better as the story goes on. My only fear is that he could simply freeze an entire building and waltz in handcuffing everybody as he goes. Very anticlimactic.

3: Good to know. Would be laughably convenient if his friends were immune.

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sat May 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Tag o' interest.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sat May 21, 2016 8:25 pm

New Neros wrote:NAME: Thaddeus "Thad" Carter

done pls review
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:...

I'm iffy about completely supernatural elements but I can just assume that vampires are merely a form of Variant. I do ask that his ability to change into a swarm of bats be struck out. While this is obviously not a realistic RP I think some things should be more grounded. As for the ghoul servants, he shouldn't be able to have, say, and army of them at disposal. Bio has typos and I ask why for a reason behind his choosing to heed the Benefactor's call.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 8:30 pm

NAME: Steven Fashingbauer
ALIAS: The Birdwatcher
NATIONALITY: American
ETHNICITY: German-American
APPEARANCE: Tall and skinny. Dark hair and green eyes, with very pale skin. Usually goes around in a T-shirt and jeans. For his costume, he wears a cape and mask made out of bird feathers (feathers shed by the birds, only)

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good.
OCCUPATION: Nothing really, right now. Learning how to fly a plane, does some odd jobs here and there. Has a decent sized inheritance that he's currently living off of.

ABILITIES: Bird Manipulation. Effectively, through concentration, he can control birds. The more complex the mind of the bird, and the bigger, the harder it is to control. It is easier for him to just implant more if a suggestion or a feeling in a bird's mind, though, and uses it to train his pet hawk.
Wind sense: He can kind of sense how the winds are going to blow. Useful while controlling birds and while flying a plane.
SKILLS: Falconry. Knows Aikido. Learning how to fly.
WEAKNESS: Gun fights, isn't that athletic, isn't too good at driving (prefers to bike)
GOALS: Keep everyone from eating bird eggs, get guns outlawed, protect endangered birds species.
FEARS: Claustrophobia (though for some odd reason, planes don't effect him)

EQUIPMENT: Falconry glove, a pet hawk named Eagle (Because fuck logic).

PERSONALITY: Kinda Quirky. Has an odd connection to animals, birds especially. You could think Radagast from the Hobbit Movies a bit, but not that weird (I mean come on, that's Sylvester McCoy. No one is THAT bad.) He hates guns especially, and actually refuses to eat anything that comes from a bird, whether it is meat or eggs. More than a bit geeky.
LIKES: Birds, flying. Non-lethal force, or at least not use of guns.
DISLIKES: Eggs and bird meat (consumption of), Guns.

BIO:
Steven was born to a German father and a mother whose family had been in America for many generations. His grandparents on his father's side had escaped East Germany in the aftermath of World War Two to the US. Eventually, the made their way to Washington where they managed to start off a small business and support themselves. When Steven's father was born, their only child, they were ecstatic, though later in life he grew apart from them. Steven's grandparents eventually became very successful, able to save a nice amount and get a nice house.
Steven's mother, who family had been in America for many generations, were well established. Steven's father's parents wanted him to marry one girl, but he instead ran away with one woman who would become Steven's father.
In Seattle they began a nice life anew. Steven was their only child, and they cared for him greatly, and he loved them back. His grandparents who had been staying out of his father's life until now, came back to meet Steven, and became like a second set of parents for him, forming a connection with him they never made with his father.
Steven always had a connection to animals. He was always an introvert, preferring to be around animals, but one day, something interestingly odd happened. He began to almost sense the feelings of birds around him. He tried this out and dug into it. He realized that he could even input feelings back into birds, and control some of the dumber ones.
But then he thought “why?” Why did he have these powers? What caused him to be able to do this? Do what he did? Control birds? He dug into his family past, and found secrets that would have been better to have left alone.
His grandparents had not escaped the Soviets unscarred, it turned out. They had been subject to some… experiments that had manifested further down the bloodline, in him.
He honed his powers, and they expanded and became more powerful. He also grew to have a thing for flying, which he got from inhabiting the minds of birds too much. He realized what he wanted to do for a life, fly planes, whether commercial or this or that.
While he was in college, his grandparents died and in their will they left him their business, a couple of stores that were extremely successful. Under the advice of his parents, he left the stores in the hands of the extremely competent managers, and continued through college.
Once out of college, he bought his own little apartment, and began to take flight lessons. Because of the stores he owned, he didn’t really need to work, and as a hobby he took up falconry. He liberated a hawk from an oppressive owner, named it “Eagle”, and realized what he wanted to do: He would protect birds.
So, by day he is just an ordinary person who has fun with falconry. By night, however, he is The Birdwatcher, protector of birds and the innocent, of course.

RP EXAMPLE: Haha. Very funny. We've been in enough together to avoid trivialities such as this, no?

THEME: Thanks for the idea Bei
Last edited by The Olog-Hai on Mon May 23, 2016 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:31 pm

New Neros wrote:NAME: Thaddeus "Thad" Carter

ACCEPTED. I feel his reason for joining the Benefactor is the simple I can do good spiel?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:...

I'm iffy about completely supernatural elements but I can just assume that vampires are merely a form of Variant. I do ask that his ability to change into a swarm of bats be struck out. While this is obviously not a realistic RP I think some things should be more grounded. As for the ghoul servants, he shouldn't be able to have, say, and army of them at disposal. Bio has typos and I ask why for a reason behind his choosing to heed the Benefactor's call.

1. Okay, will cross the bats out.
2. Uh, no, not whole army. More like Vampire of the Bloodlines made by Troika, maybe one or two, to acting as his servant during the day.
3. Perhaps the Benefactors knows the location of the modern reincarnation of his wife/fiancee.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 21, 2016 8:45 pm

ALIAS: Mr. Shadow
NATIONALITY: Russian
ETHNICITY: Russian
APPEARANCE: Leonid Chernikov

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Neutral

ABILITIES: Typical vampire abilities. Superhuman strength, superhuman speed, drinking blood, and the ability to turn human into ghoul, his personal servant(s).
SKILLS: Aside from that abilities above? Good close-combatant, good marksmanship, and has the strange knack of artistry, mostly about the art of beautiful but lonely and sweet girls. Fluent in Russia, English, and few Japanese.
WEAKNESS: Typical vampire weaknesses, holy water and light, although light, and daylight to an extent only weaken him in terms of power and abilities, making him slightly stronger and faster instead when night, when he's far stronger and faster. Cross only temporary weaken him down for a long period of time, while garlic has no effect. Also horrible business knack. And silver weakens him.
GOALS: To enjoy his freedom, and perhaps, finds his own Mina.
FEARS: Forced to live his life without someone to love.

EQUIPMENT: Just..the old picture of him and his fiancee, Julia.

PERSONALITY: Devil-may-care attitude, sarcastic, but deep down inside, a broken heart and a compassion that is covered with cynic.
DISLIKES: No Julia.

BIO:

He forgot his own name.

What he remembered, however, was when he was born. Born as the son of a nobility family in Novgorod, he was known for his troublemaker personality, but whoever he is, he's still a good guy. That's why, he might found his perfect part of heart in Julia, an English woman who traveled to Novgorod as someone who worked as a doctor, accompanying the English visitors on their official trip to Russia. Fell in love with each other, however it was, is the only happiest moment in his life.

One day, when it was revealed that his parents won't approve of his marriage with Julia, they tried to eloped, and successfully slipped into a ship paid by his own coffers. Unfortunately, the crew had been bribed by his parents to killed Julia, and he...was the collateral damage. Julia was killed while pregnant with their first child and in the moment of anger, he killed several before thrown off from the ship and stranded on Sweden. Found by a local cleric and vampire, he was nursed back to health, and was subsequently turned into vampire.

For centuries until 18th, he lived and learned the arts of vampirism and how to lived as a good one in the shadow, but then his master was killed by a vampire hunter while on a trip to Russia, and he was able to escaped the grasp of the hunter. He was given a new name by his master when he found him, Leonid, and he used it for traveling in Russia, collecting more knowledge and hoarding treasures, while trying to find his Julia...to no avail.

He went to America on the dawn of Cold War, now rich, under the guise as a German scientist, one of his many disguises beside as a former German diplomatic officer in Japan, which was true. Not really smart with science, but with that cover he was able to hid himself in America after that, working his way as a businessman, but he just hasn't got the business knack. As of 21st century, he lived modestly as a start-up investor for an up-and-coming technology company working for security, and apparently as a minor celebrity within the socialites world in Seattle. The Benefactor's invitation intrigued him to joined him, as he pointed out that he may knows the location of the modern reincarnation of his wife/fiancee, Julia.

RP EXAMPLE: viewtopic.php?p=28017395#p28017395

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylkSUS9Ofs

Quite edited, pending for review.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:48 pm

I can work with this. ACCEPTED. One last thing, why not just call him Shadow? Mr. Shadow seems a bit campy.

As a general announcement no more immortal characters.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

I can work with this. ACCEPTED. One last thing, why not just call him Shadow? Mr. Shadow seems a bit campy.

Yeah, I kind of thinking as Shadow, but I think calling him Shadow is quite weird.

But sure, we can call him Shadow or Mr. Shadow.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 8:53 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I can work with this. ACCEPTED. One last thing, why not just call him Shadow? Mr. Shadow seems a bit campy.

Yeah, I kind of thinking as Shadow, but I think calling him Shadow is quite weird.

But sure, we can call him Shadow or Mr. Shadow.

Either works honestly.

The Warriors of the Sun
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warriors of the Sun » Sat May 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Hopefully I am not making you have to answer a question multiple times...but are aliases required? Character idea I have in mind wouldn't have any desire to use one.

EDIT: Nevermind...just checked the app... :blush:
Last edited by The Warriors of the Sun on Sat May 21, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat May 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Guess I'l just check up on the thread, see what's going-

3 Pages of OOC to read.

Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:00 pm

So am I too late to finish my app?
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:So am I too late to finish my app?

It's never too late. Oh, and fix your formatting. Not everything should be bolded.

New Grestin wrote:Guess I'l just check up on the thread, see what's going-

3 Pages of OOC to read.

Didn't miss too much. Mostly just apps and whatnot.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Greater Gambia wrote:So am I too late to finish my app?

It's never too late. Oh, and fix your formatting. Not everything should be bolded.

New Grestin wrote:Guess I'l just check up on the thread, see what's going-

3 Pages of OOC to read.

Didn't miss too much. Mostly just apps and whatnot.

Every time I see the whole apps bolded, it made me cringe, and thinking that "Oh wow, summer's here."
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse