NATION

PASSWORD

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Avengers Academy (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Sat May 14, 2016 11:59 am

Spindle wrote:
Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

*snip*

"Mister Coulson?" She asked, tugging at his sleeve, "Why am I here? Everyone else has superpowers, or knows Kung Fu or something. So why am I here?"

Director Coulson would only be on location for a couple more days and was really in a transition period to leave the area, but the approach of an initiate warranted time spent.

"Let's see..." he said looking her over

"Green comma Lucy, wait. You don't know? That's odd, I assumed you would have been discovered by sneezing to hard or flinching during a movie. Hiccups? That'd be funny." Coulson said

"Lucy, you are as super as these other heroes, now as for Kung Fu, that may take some time, but similar yet different to others you are super. Here, there's food in the Canteen after that turn in for the night, tomorrow we'll get to formalities and test out your powers which according to the docket is 'spatial manipulation,'" Coulson said beginning to leave.

He neglected to inform her fully as if to savor the moment she does discover her powers, unlike the various others within the group. Leaving he continued on to a meeting room where he had been called while everyone else was to eat.

S.H.I.E.L.D Base
Sunday, August 2nd, 2020

“Natalie Long here with Fact Channel News where reports of alien like creatures have attacked the Central Park Zoo, more information is to come. As of now authorities have placed a perimeter around the area but the…”

Coulson lowered the volume of the television, the screen depicting the reporter continuing to speak. Agents were taking business as usual but in the meeting room both he and Vision were soaking in the information.

“There,” he said sharply pausing the video footage.

“Green armor, but long appendage gloves. Guess you could say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck,” he continued

“Which reminds me why do humans say goose before running?” inserted Vision
“What?”

“Nothing,” he corrected.

“Okay, anyway, I don’t want to sound the alarms or anything but that looks an awful lot like Hydra, in the more overt way,” said Coulson.

“Yes but when have we known them to be so abrupt? One could also ask why they would attack a zoological exhibit,” said Vision

“Send Agent, he can take the kids in there and fight them off. They don’t seem to have weapons just sharp tools or something,” Coulson said as he began to leave.

“I’ll be back on Tuesday!” he said trailing off

The comm link for the students would be of use once more here, but this time from the U.S.Agent. It was only 8am, some would be up while others would be merely rifling around trying to stay asleep.

“Wel-” agent began,

Damned thing he thought

“Ahem. Welcome to school kids, grab your things, this is our first field trip. Meet me in the hangar bay, three floors below you, and hope you don’t mind a little water,” said U.S.Agent
Last edited by Esselman on Sat May 14, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat May 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

At Coulson's somewhat enigmatic explanation, Lucy blinked twice before scrunching her face up in deep thought. For several seconds she seemed almost philosophical in the depths of her contemplation before her face twitched back into its normal, ditzy grin like a flash. without further ado, Lucy skipped off into the canteen, singing to herself:

"Coulson says I'm su-per! Coulson says I'm su-per!"

Pausing back at the canteen to grab several handfuls of cookies, Lucy made her merry way back into the common room, pausing to chase a particularly scintillating fish up and down the hall as it swam alongside the window until it eventually disappeared with a flash of its tail. Skidding to a halt in front of the window, she nibbled dejectedly on one of her cookies before forgetting the entire incident and careening into the common room.

Springing into the air, she leapt onto the sofa in front of the giant TV. Landing on her back, legs hooked over the back and head lolling over the front panel. Groping blindly for the remote, she switched the TV on and gazed up at the screen as it flickered into life. Seeing Marie walking off to her quarters, Lucy waved enthusiastically to her before settling down and switching over to find something funny. She was still draped over the sofa when she finally fell asleep thirty minutes later, a half-eaten cookie hanging out of her mouth and moving softly with her breathing.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat May 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Esselman wrote:
Spindle wrote:
Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

*snip*

"Mister Coulson?" She asked, tugging at his sleeve, "Why am I here? Everyone else has superpowers, or knows Kung Fu or something. So why am I here?"

Director Coulson would only be on location for a couple more days and was really in a transition period to leave the area, but the approach of an initiate warranted time spent.

"Let's see..." he said looking her over

"Green comma Lucy, wait. You don't know? That's odd, I assumed you would have been discovered by sneezing to hard or flinching during a movie. Hiccups? That'd be funny." Coulson said

"Lucy, you are as super as these other heroes, now as for Kung Fu, that may take some time, but similar yet different to others you are super. Here, there's food in the Canteen after that turn in for the night, tomorrow we'll get to formalities and test out your powers which according to the docket is 'spatial manipulation,'" Coulson said beginning to leave.

He neglected to inform her fully as if to savor the moment she does discover her powers, unlike the various others within the group. Leaving he continued on to a meeting room where he had been called while everyone else was to eat.

S.H.I.E.L.D Base
Sunday, August 2nd, 2020

“Natalie Long here with Fact Channel News where reports of alien like creatures have attacked the Central Park Zoo, more information is to come. As of now authorities have placed a perimeter around the area but the…”

Coulson lowered the volume of the television, the screen depicting the reporter continuing to speak. Agents were taking business as usual but in the meeting room both he and Vision were soaking in the information.

“There,” he said sharply pausing the video footage.

“Green armor, but long appendage gloves. Guess you could say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck,” he continued

“Which reminds me why do humans say goose before running?” inserted Vision
“What?”

“Nothing,” he corrected.

“Okay, anyway, I don’t want to sound the alarms or anything but that looks an awful lot like Hydra, in the more overt way,” said Coulson.

“Yes but when have we known them to be so abrupt? One could also ask why they would attack a zoological exhibit,” said Vision

“Send Agent, he can take the kids in there and fight them off. They don’t seem to have weapons just sharp tools or something,” Coulson said as he began to leave.

“I’ll be back on Tuesday!” he said trailing off

The comm link for the students would be of use once more here, but this time from the U.S.Agent. It was only 8am, some would be up while others would be merely rifling around trying to stay asleep.

“Wel-” agent began,

Damned thing he thought

“Ahem. Welcome to school kids, grab your things, this is our first field trip. Meet me in the hangar bay, three floors below you, and hope you don’t mind a little water,” said U.S.Agent

John Rhodes

He snapped out of his meditation at Coulson's advice. "Field trip" was a rather silly term to use, but he wouldn't discuss it now: His mind already focused fully on the mission.

If his suit was hard to pass, his weapons only passed with SHIELD's help. There was no plausible excuse for carrying two katanas around along with a pair of pistols. He put on his suit, adjusting his pistols in their holsters and his bladed weapons in his back.

He got out of his room in full uniform, with the exception of his helmet, which he carried in his hand. He went straight for the hangar, noticing that he was the first to arrive. He turned to the U.S. Agent then.

"Any more information about the current assignment?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat May 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Lucy awoke with a start, cookie falling out of her mouth and onto the floor below. She squinted around, trying to figure out where she was and why her head was so close to the ceiling. With a confused frown, she slid off of the sofa and landed in a crumpled heap on the floor. Blinking the sleep blearily out of her eyes, she rolled onto her belly and took stock of her surroundings. The TV was off, either someone had switched it off or it had switched off itself, and the common room seemed deserted. Pulling herself unsteadily to her feet, Lucy stumbled off towards her room. Fumbling with her badge, she eventually managed to swipe it through the slot and lurch into her room.

Once inside, she made her way into the small room at the back and pulled off her clothes, throwing them into a small pile on the floor before stepping into the shower and turning the dial up as far as she could. As the ice-cold water hit her back, Lucy squealed like a pig being murdered and shot a foot into the air, somehow managing to crack her head on the ceiling before flailing for the temperature controls and turning it up until the small cubicle was pleasantly hot and steamy. Slumping back against the cool wall, Lucy let the water tickle her with warm fingers and wipe away the worst of the dirt from her body.

A voice spoke directly into her ear and before she knew it, Lucy was out of the shower and grabbing at a towel. Her spare hand flew up to her ear and hit an oddly-angled earpiece before realisation dawned on her. Someone was addressing their little group as a whole. Perhaps she should actually listen to him.

"-ngar bay, three floors below you, and hope you don’t mind a little water." The voice finished, before cutting off. Opening the shower door and fighting through the jets of water to turn off the flows of water, Lucy took stock of her situation. She didn't know how long the voice had given them to get down there and she was currently naked and in her room. And, worst of all, she hadn't had breakfast yet.

Hurriedly toweling herself vaguely dry, Lucy rummaged around in her rucksack and pulled out a set of clean clothes. Pulling them on as fast as she could and grabbing her ID card, she bolted out of her room and into the common room. Sprinting into the complex, Lucy headed for where she was sure a lift was. Running through identical corridors would confuse anyone, let alone Lucy, and she was hopelessly lost in minutes. Turning another corner into yet another identical corridor, she glanced through a door into some kind of kitchen, perhaps? Anyway, there was a man there in a pair of glowing trousers and he could provide her with directions to the Ngar Bay, couldn't he?

"Hello!" She exclaimed, pushing through the door, "Could you direct me to the Ngar Bay, please? I tried to get there myself, but it's trickier than it looks!"
Last edited by Spindle on Sat May 14, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Barikistan
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Barikistan » Sat May 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Felix getting out of his depressing state headed to the hangar to look around. Seeing Rhodes he asked" where the hell are you going and is that your new suit looks cool". Felix then slumped against the wall all depressed as this day still wasn't over. To make it worse he was homesick. He hadn't been home in years because of his vigilantism. He wanted to go back so bad.
The world is going to end and 90 percent of people wil perish. Copy and past this if your the 1 percent that will ride your car though the waste lands.

a zombie invasion 96% of people would turn, copy and paste this into your sig if your one of the 1% that would look for a twinkie.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Spindle wrote:Lucy awoke with a start, cookie falling out of her mouth and onto the floor below. She squinted around, trying to figure out where she was and why her head was so close to the ceiling. With a confused frown, she slid off of the sofa and landed in a crumpled heap on the floor. Blinking the sleep blearily out of her eyes, she rolled onto her belly and took stock of her surroundings. The TV was off, either someone had switched it off or it had switched off itself, and the common room seemed deserted. Pulling herself unsteadily to her feet, Lucy stumbled off towards her room. Fumbling with her badge, she eventually managed to swipe it through the slot and lurch into her room.

Once inside, she made her way into the small room at the back and pulled off her clothes, throwing them into a small pile on the floor before stepping into the shower and turning the dial up as far as she could. As the ice-cold water hit her back, Lucy squealed like a pig being murdered and shot a foot into the air, somehow managing to crack her head on the ceiling before flailing for the temperature controls and turning it up until the small cubicle was pleasantly hot and steamy. Slumping back against the cool wall, Lucy let the water tickle her with warm fingers and wipe away the worst of the dirt from her body.

A voice spoke directly into her ear and before she knew it, Lucy was out of the shower and grabbing at a towel. Her spare hand flew up to her ear and hit an oddly-angled earpiece before realisation dawned on her. Someone was addressing their little group as a whole. Perhaps she should actually listen to him.

"-ngar bay, three floors below you, and hope you don’t mind a little water." The voice finished, before cutting off. Opening the shower door and fighting through the jets of water to turn off the flows of water, Lucy took stock of her situation. She didn't know how long the voice had given them to get down there and she was currently naked and in her room. And, worst of all, she hadn't had breakfast yet.

Hurriedly toweling herself vaguely dry, Lucy rummaged around in her rucksack and pulled out a set of clean clothes. Pulling them on as fast as she could and grabbing her ID card, she bolted out of her room and into the common room. Sprinting into the complex, Lucy headed for where she was sure a lift was. Running through identical corridors would confuse anyone, let alone Lucy, and she was hopelessly lost in minutes. Turning another corner into yet another identical corridor, she glanced through a door into some kind of kitchen, perhaps? Anyway, there was a man there in some kind of glowing suit and he could provide her with directions to the Ngar Bay, couldn't he?

"Hello!" She exclaimed, pushing through the door, "Could you direct me to the Ngar Bay, please? I tried to get there myself, but it's trickier than it looks!"

SHIELD Complex
Technological Advancement / Research and Development Division
R&D Laboratory 013

Richard Thomson was very well concentrated at the task at hand. Carefully, carefully. He needed to be careful with what he was handling. Suddenly, Thomson heard footsteps coming down the hall. Who would be coming to visit him at this hour? It was early, wasn't it? He'd forget his own head if he weren't so intelligent. Damn time and its confusing ways. Thomson had just finished, when-

"Hello!", a feminine voice exclaimed behind him, at the door. Thomson turned to face the woman who spoke. She continued addressing him. "Could you direct me to the Ngar Bay, please? I tried to get there myself, but it's trickier than it looks!", she finished. Thomson began to process the situation. She looked like but a girl. This hadn't surprised him - SHIELD approached him when he could've been considered a boy, the way he remembered it. Thomson stared awkwardly in silence at the girl for a long moment, before realizing what he was doing.

"I suppose you mean the Hangar Bay, miss? I was busy, but... I suppose I could give you a digital map. I must be getting back to my work, soon, however.", he said simply. He began walking towards where he kept digital maps stored, when the worst thing possible happened.

Exoskeleton failure., a voice panged into the communicator in his ear. Medcheck also monitored his exoskeleton, as that was crucial to his health in terms of capability to walk. Thomson was annoyed - he thought he fixed that bug, but apparently not. All of this was thought and suddenly he found himself laying on the ground, helpless. He sat himself up. The exoskeleton only covered his legs, sort of, over his pants.

"My exoskeleton is bugging out again. Can't walk without it- there's a wheelchair in the other room, can you get it for me? I can get into it myself.", he spoke to the girl simply, before crawling himself to the desk and pulling out a digital map device that he had invented for 'newbies'. He thought this might happen some day, but he never thought it'd happen today. After he grabbed the map, he waited for the girl to bring him his wheelchair so he could wheel over to his spare exoskeletons.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat May 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Barikistan wrote:Felix getting out of his depressing state headed to the hangar to look around. Seeing Rhodes he asked" where the hell are you going and is that your new suit looks cool". Felix then slumped against the wall all depressed as this day still wasn't over. To make it worse he was homesick. He hadn't been home in years because of his vigilantism. He wanted to go back so bad.

John Rhodes
Few minutes before he reached the hangar

"Hangar Bay. At least that's what the Agent told everyone to go."

He didn't answer the statement about the suit. In his mind, "functional" was a better adjective to be used in comparison to "cool". After he answered it in his controlled tone of voice, he continued his way.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat May 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

Lucy watched, curious, as the man seemed to space out for a second before snapping back into reality and correcting her. Hangar Bay? Hm. That seemed to make some sort of sense. After all, she'd been wondering what a Ngar was when the voice had said it. The man turned and headed for one of the desks which were cluttered around the room before suddenly freezing in place and toppling over onto the ground.

Lucy must have sprinted because she was next to him in a flash, kneeling next to him and doing her best to help him get up. When she discovered he could get up himself, and that she was mainly just getting in the way, she stood and watched awkwardly as he began to crawl across the floor. At his suggestion, she vanished into the adjourning room and looked around. Finding the wheelchair, and being very sure to not get too curious about any of the cool toys scattered around, she dragged it behind her as she sprinted into the room where the man in the now not-glowing pants was propped up against the desk, something in his hand.

"Do you want a hand up?" Lucy asked, before her speech devolved into a barrage of questions: "Why did you fall over? Are you alright? What's the green stuff in the other room? Is it safe to drink? Do you know the way to the Hangar Bay?"

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Spindle wrote:
Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

Lucy watched, curious, as the man seemed to space out for a second before snapping back into reality and correcting her. Hangar Bay? Hm. That seemed to make some sort of sense. After all, she'd been wondering what a Ngar was when the voice had said it. The man turned and headed for one of the desks which were cluttered around the room before suddenly freezing in place and toppling over onto the ground.

Lucy must have sprinted because she was next to him in a flash, kneeling next to him and doing her best to help him get up. When she discovered he could get up himself, and that she was mainly just getting in the way, she stood and watched awkwardly as he began to crawl across the floor. At his suggestion, she vanished into the adjourning room and looked around. Finding the wheelchair, and being very sure to not get too curious about any of the cool toys scattered around, she dragged it behind her as she sprinted into the room where the man in the now not-glowing pants was propped up against the desk, something in his hand.

"Do you want a hand up?" Lucy asked, before her speech devolved into a barrage of questions: "Why did you fall over? Are you alright? What's the green stuff in the other room? Is it safe to drink? Do you know the way to the Hangar Bay?"

SHIELD Complex
R&D Laboratory 013

If it weren't for the fact this girl was a SHIELD member of some kind, Thomson would've thought his life was flashing before his eyes. She was going to kill him with this overload of questions and such. Then again, no one had ever been... this interested in talking with him before. Whatever. Thomson helped himself up into the wheelchair, not requiring any assistance. As he comfortably sat himself in the wheelchair, he looked at the girl.

"I'm fine, thanks. As for your other questions, in order: I was born paralyzed from the waist down. I am perfectly healthy for a human being at my age despite paralysis. The exoskeleton on my legs, over my pants, usually let me walk despite my paralysis. They're bugging right now, so I can't walk. I have a digital map device for you, follow the map's instructions and you'll get to the hangar bay. Nothing in this lab is safe to drink unless it's water and came from the filtered sink in the breakroom.", he finished. He wheeled himself slightly closer to her, handing the digital map device or DMD to her. It was easily able to fit into her hand. Thomson sighed slightly as he turned, beginning to wheel himself away.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to figure out what went wrong with the exoskeleton, and then I need to get one of my spares. I also have a multitude of projects to be working on.", he said. He seemed very tense and stressed, as if he might be overworking himself. Thomson did not seem to consciously be aware of any stress, as he continued working on the projects while a small robot he had built went to retrieve a spare exoskeleton. As he began working on several problems at once on his computer, including the one with his current exoskeleton, he continued to be tense; almost in frustration over his exoskeleton's sudden failure.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat May 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Avengers Academy, August 2nd, 2020

Marie, having finished her breakfast, and found no one up in the team area, was listening to some cassette tapes-Russian, probably a priority with the new counselor, when the alert came. Going to be a problem having this and other ear devices, especially if I am suiting up for flying. I would much prefer some kind of wrist device-but this is what we have.

She quickly rolled through mental options as to outfit-details being sparse were never nice, but if they were heading to the hangar, she would be remiss if she chose anything other than the gear for it. Lugging her suitcase out, she popped out open and began to change into her flight suit-the light one, tight underlayer, but from the outside looking more like a cargo/fatigue jacket than anything, not the fully encased, high-G resistant garb. Swiftly placing her basic items in the handful of pockets available, including her Beretta 92, she grabbed her helmet-decorated with a scythe along its exterior, reckoning that, even if it was not needed, it could be left with the ground chief and picked up upon return.

Geared up, she broke into a swift jog towards the hanger, aiming to arrive as soon as possible to find out the accommodations.
Last edited by Prolieum on Sat May 14, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat May 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Christina had been at the firing range zeroing in her DSR-1 sniper rifle. She had retired to bed early in preparation of the coming training. Awaking at 0530 hours she had quickly showered and dressed before exploring the "Academy". After finding the firing range she made her way back to her room where she retrieved her rifle.

After another wardrobe change back in her room, Christina made her way back to the hanger. She was dressed in a similar get up to last night. A black tactical vest with four magazines for her rifle replaced her jacket and her pistol sat in a holster strapped to her right thigh. Her uniform was devoid of all insignias or markings that might tell anything about who she was. After checking over her gear she made her way to the hanger.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat May 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

As the man hauled himself effortlessly into the wheelchair, Lucy filed away each answer he gave her before promptly forgetting that she had ever even asked the questions in the first place. Looking at the device in her hand she quickly activated it, attempted to get her bearings on it, failed, fumbled through the menus until she found the auto-tracker and finally got the directions up. With a giggle, she headed off for the door before she stopped, remembering something the man had said, and span around with a stream of questions already bursting from her lips.

"What else are you working on here? Are you making a glowing top, to go with the trousers? Wait, you have spares? Can I have a glowing pair of trousers too? Do you make them in my size?"

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat May 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Spindle wrote:
Lucy Green
S.H.E.I.L.D. Complex
New York

As the man hauled himself effortlessly into the wheelchair, Lucy filed away each answer he gave her before promptly forgetting that she had ever even asked the questions in the first place. Looking at the device in her hand she quickly activated it, attempted to get her bearings on it, failed, fumbled through the menus until she found the auto-tracker and finally got the directions up. With a giggle, she headed off for the door before she stopped, remembering something the man had said, and span around with a stream of questions already bursting from her lips.

"What else are you working on here? Are you making a glowing top, to go with the trousers? Wait, you have spares? Can I have a glowing pair of trousers too? Do you make them in my size?"

SHIELD Complex
R&D Laboratory 013

This was new to Thomson. Someone actually interested in his work and his progress... sort of. Finally! Someone to talk to! Wait, where did that come from? No matter. Thomson wheeled slightly to face her as one of his hands continued typing away at the computer, working on the problems as he multitasked. For a moment, he processed her questions, and then, he answered them.

"I am working on lots of... 'toys', as they call them, for SHIELD. However, you need a certain security clearance to know about them or work with them. This exoskeleton I wear on my legs is made specifically for helping me walk. I don't need one up top - at least when I'm not needed on duty or am busy working. I do plan on using my exoskeleton's designs to base my new armor off of that I am making for SHIELD field agents and the like. I believe I even impressed some people here once or twice. As for the spares - yes, I have them, and I kind of need them in case the current ones I am using break. So, I apologize, but no, you can't have any. As for your size, I don't think so. I'd have to take the proper measurements, there'd be a lot of work involved. It's a long process, usually.", he said simply. He wheeled back to focus on his work for a bit more, waiting for the girl to stay or leave or whatever.

Thomson then suddenly realized he had just somehow managed to almost offer to make her an exoskeleton that fit her by taking the proper measurements. He flushed red suddenly. He'd taken measurements before, but they were based on scans of individuals and were very impersonal, done often more than not in ways that made it so he never did such things in person. Thomson hoped she didn't think it was an offer, because he didn't want to have to do that. How did he get himself into this mess, anyhow?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat May 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Marie soon sighted John just a short way outside the hangar that she was hastening to, and slowed her pace as she approached, switching to long strides, her breathing easily slipping back to normal. She noticed the pair of katanas sheathed in his suit.

East Asian trainer hypothesis seems to be getting backed up. Only one of those would advise carrying swords into combat-and dual wielding them, and then dual-wielding swords that are meant to be used with two hands in the first place.

There was a role for bladed weapons in battle, of course, but the longer they got, the more impractical they got, and two of these was pushing on the absurd.

Still, we live in an era of vibranium, and whatever Mjolnir is made out of. I suppose that if they are made of such a material, it may not simply be some toy to look cool with.

She drew even with him, decided to comment on the blades, prod for a bit of an explanation.

"Katanas, I see. Anything against a pair of wakizashi or kodachi?" she inquired, naming Japanese one-handed blades.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat May 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Marie soon sighted John just a short way outside the hangar that she was hastening to, and slowed her pace as she approached, switching to long strides, her breathing easily slipping back to normal. She noticed the pair of katanas sheathed in his suit.

East Asian trainer hypothesis seems to be getting backed up. Only one of those would advise carrying swords into combat-and dual wielding them, and then dual-wielding swords that are meant to be used with two hands in the first place.

There was a role for bladed weapons in battle, of course, but the longer they got, the more impractical they got, and two of these was pushing on the absurd.

Still, we live in an era of vibranium, and whatever Mjolnir is made out of. I suppose that if they are made of such a material, it may not simply be some toy to look cool with.

She drew even with him, decided to comment on the blades, prod for a bit of an explanation.

"Katanas, I see. Anything against a pair of wakizashi or kodachi?" she inquired, naming Japanese one-handed blades.

John Rhodes

Knowledge on the specifics of blades. Surprising.

"No, not at all. I'm also proficient with them as well. However, these are often my primary weapons while I'm fighting. By now, you must have figured that I prefer close combat. Their long range often makes a trouble for use in confined spaces, where I use the one handed variant or my pair of pistols. Wakizashi and kodachi are shorter, and I usually employ them in other situations. But the katanas are my standard choice."

It was clear to him that she was scouting the abilities. However, even if he told her all of them, it's how they are employed that it's was his secret. His paranoid mind always tried to get steps ahead of where he was standing, a habit that bothered him sometimes.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat May 14, 2016 7:00 pm

He seems a practical man, but focuses so heavily on close combat. More of the training held over, a preference? What operations would be close-ranged enough to necessitate blades, but not so cramped as to need shorter weapons? If he has other blades on hand, it seems that they would be of standard construction

In any case, it seemed time to refocus from gathering up information to prepping for the mission-and she would quit while she was ahead.

"Any intelligence or rumors as to what this so-called 'field trip' actually is?"
Male.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat May 14, 2016 7:29 pm

August 2nd, 2020

Dear applicant,

We appreciate your eagerness in our program! After reviewing your application we have seen that you excel in criteria vital to the success of both the position and of others who will work in conjunction with you. There is a mandatory waiting time of six to eight weeks in which this program will take place before you will be formally accepted.If you are not accepted to the position you will be compensated accordingly for your time. Please come to the New Yearly office for Moving to receive further instructions and your initiation into the program on August 2nd. There will be a log of paperwork so bring your own pen, and welcome to the pack!

Fauna looked over the letter for the hundredth time, perhaps thousandth, she didn't exactly count them out, and her eye was twitching.

She'd forgotten her pen.

There she was, in the New Yearly office for Moving, and she didn't even bother bringing her own bloody writing utensils. Not to mention she was terrifyingly late. Tapping her finger rather awkwardly, the lady behind the desk finally sighed, procuring her own pen and handing it to the girl. Fauna took it gratefully as she began filling out the forms, chiding herself within for being too excited while going down to the post office. I could become an Avenger! A bloody Avenger!

It seemed she was the last to have come to the building that day, which made things rather lonely, but normal for the young woman as she checked and rechecked everything she had signed or filled in. The excitement in her heart had not died down since she had left Britain, requesting her friends back at Cambridge to send her the lectures through email while she was away. "Even a hero has to keep her grades up..." she muttered under her breath.

Fauna was lead towards the hanger, apparently due for a field trip right on day one. She feeling giddy, Tempest slung across her back, looking rather massive for her despite her height; a long, 20mm anti-material rifle akin to an autocannon or the Lahti L-39 used by the Finnish back in WW2. Even though she didn't look it, she was carrying the rifle like it were just a normal gun, which would lead a normal person to believe she had super strength as a power. This wasn't the case, as she had created the rifle using ultralight-weight alloys she had obtained using the money that would've been used for her college tuition, had she not have gotten the scholarship she had earned happily.

Looking around, it seemed that the other initiates had already arrived. Some stood out, others looked like normal people to her. All in all, it seemed like she would have to wait to see their true potential.

"'Ello, morning to you all," she greeted to no one in particular, having never met any of them before, "Sorry I'm late."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat May 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Christina walked into the hanger to see Marie, Rhodes, and another new face had already beat her. Their outfits readily identified Marie and Rhodes as the teams pilot and point man respectively while the newbies rifle identified her as another sniper. The German nodded to Marie and Rhodes.

"So what was that about SHIELD not having any missions lined up for us?"

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sat May 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Sasha looked at the arrow in front of the Post office. He was puzzled. He had been informed to come to this address and then to follow further... Oh, of course. Arrow, follow, duh. Sasha was wearing a somewhat heavy tan jacket over his wife beater. It was dirty with black oil stains and dried blood from cuts. He was quite proud of the jacket, feeling that it was a rather good personification of his life. He had slicked back golden blond hair ( which brought him no small amount of mockery amongst his peers) and a blond stubble around his jaw line to match. The look of hood trash often got him chased out of many more respectable places.

He looked over the SHIELD card in his hands, still grasping at the idea that SHIELD wanted something with him. He had always suspected that the government would eventually want to take a look at him, having been killed once and nearly paralyzed, only to come back within a few short hours stronger than before was something right out of the movies... or something a super hero would do. Sasha had never thought of being a super hero before, didn't think he would be cut out for it really. He looked back up at the arrow on the sign. He went right to the unassuming door. He looked down the street both ways before opening it up.

He stepped into a small room with another door at the other end. A chime went off as he closed the door behind him. He looked about the unassuming room before noticing the door. He walked up to the door, and looked down at the keypad. He took out his SHIELD card again and gingerly slipped it through the slide. " Hey Sasha, lets be an avenger, what could possibly go wrong? " he whispered in Belarussian to himself. He felt the room shake down, like an elevator.

" Scanning,

Welcome: Sasha Zukhiov" said a computerized voice.

" Oh boy, what am I doing? " Sasha whispered to himself as the elevator continued to lower itself further and further down into the Earth. The doors finally opened, and to Sasha's surprise, he saw before him a corridor with the SHIELD logo proudly displayed across the floor, as well as a number of personnel starring up at the boy.

" Um..." he began in English, astonished by the recent turn of events. " I vas told to be here? "
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Sat May 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Over speaker: “All academy students should report to the hangar bay immediately on the ground floor, all academy students should report to the hangar bay immediately.”

S.H.I.E.L.D Complex, Manhattan
Hangar Bay

The U.S.Agent stood before the beauty that was the Stark Shark, in the hangar bay. There were two large platforms, in the middle sitting in the rushing waters was the beast, the machine, the Stark Shark. Specially made and designed by Tony Stark himself the Shark operated in a unique manner as both a submarine and a helicopter by rotating turbines and alternating propellers. It was one to behold and its grey look came equipped with an outfit that cloaked the device in the air or while at sea should the option be engaged. It was a clear mark of the maker due to the inside bearing the gold and crimson finish and the AI who could even autopilot, H.E.L.E.N.

“Now, we don’t have an awful lot of time but here’s the rundown,” began U.S.Agent as he tapped on the shield he wielded.

“There’s been an incident that we must handle with care. An attack occurred this morning on the central park zoo and before you get all giddy about it, we have reason to believe Hydra or something else could be the reason,” he continued.

The sounds of rushing water played into his speaking while the daunting Shark teetered very slightly back and forth, its docking bay facing the students.

“We get there and you follow my lead. We take point about a block away in all directions, partner up with one or two others and move through the zoo, you choose the exhibit and all, get lost, take a map. You find something you comm the others and do not engage until you’ve got clear shots and we can assist,

Are we clear?” he finished

“Now, this thing operates like your average fighter pilot, and has a hell of a kickback should you increase speed too quickly. So pilot, saddle up, everyone else strap in because we live in an hour,” said U.S.Agent tapping the back of the Stark Shark to open the hatch

It wouldn’t take long to load everyone up, the actual mission itself seemed a relatively harmless one for now, the attackers could be nothing more than thugs or semi organized criminals. It would be more interesting to the instructors how these students, rather brash or sensible, would act under any pressure so quickly into their academy prep.

“If you don’t have a weapon, I suggest you consult the arms division just beyond those doors for basic semi-automatics, shock batons, or other odds and ends,” said U.S.Agent to the students as he waited for everyone to get on board before he would leave.
Last edited by Esselman on Sat May 14, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 14, 2016 9:30 pm

"I'm am coming! Don't leave without me!"

Mikhail came wheezing into the hangar, almost tripping over himself.

"Must...stop...being so late! Too much running for me...wait..."

His brain finally caught up with the rest of him.

"Why I'm even going? I'm not field man. I'm analyst."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Baz had the Letter in his hand while flying to New Yearly office for Moving. He found it interesting and could not wait to see what types of people Shield was looking for plus he might even get a chance to absorb a new ability. As he got closer to the Office he decided it would be better to land and walk the rest of the way. He landed in an alleyway making sure nobody saw him. He then took off his shirt and put down his bags (Which carry his Armor) so that he could hide his wings and started to walk to the Office. He had gotten there late and was confused about the area.

After getting into the Base and finding his room and such he heard “All academy students should report to the hangar bay immediately on the ground floor, all academy students should report to the hangar bay immediately.” over the Speaker he then decided to put on his uniform and rushed to the Hanger bay. After Hearing only the last part of what U.S.Agent said he took a map and Offered to the Others "Who wants to partner up with me. I can do pretty much anything" He said as he Showing his Majestic wings
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Esselman wrote:Over speaker: “All academy students should report to the hangar bay immediately on the ground floor, all academy students should report to the hangar bay immediately.”

Hangar Bay

The U.S.Agent stood before the beauty that was the Stark Shark, in the hangar bay. There were two large platforms, in the middle sitting in the rushing waters was the beast, the machine, the Stark Shark. Specially made and designed by Tony Stark himself the Shark operated in a unique manner as both a submarine and a helicopter by rotating turbines and alternating propellers. It was one to behold and its grey look came equipped with an outfit that cloaked the device in the air or while at sea should the option be engaged. It was a clear mark of the maker due to the inside bearing the gold and crimson finish and the AI who could even autopilot, H.E.L.E.N.

“Now, we don’t have an awful lot of time but here’s the rundown,” began U.S.Agent as he tapped on the shield he wielded.

“There’s been an incident that we must handle with care. An attack occurred this morning on the central park zoo and before you get all giddy about it, we have reason to believe Hydra or something else could be the reason,” he continued.

The sounds of rushing water played into his speaking while the daunting Shark teetered very slightly back and forth, its docking bay facing the students.

“We get there and you follow my lead. We take point about a block away in all directions, partner up with one or two others and move through the zoo, you choose the exhibit and all, get lost, take a map. You find something you comm the others and do not engage until you’ve got clear shots and we can assist,

Are we clear?” he finished

“Now, this thing operates like your average fighter pilot, and has a hell of a kickback should you increase speed too quickly. So pilot, saddle up, everyone else strap in because we live in an hour,” said U.S.Agent tapping the back of the Stark Shark to open the hatch

It wouldn’t take long to load everyone up, the actual mission itself seemed a relatively harmless one for now, the attackers could be nothing more than thugs or semi organized criminals. It would be more interesting to the instructors how these students, rather brash or sensible, would act under any pressure so quickly into their academy prep.

“If you don’t have a weapon, I suggest you consult the arms division just beyond those doors for basic semi-automatics, shock batons, or other odds and ends,” said U.S.Agent to the students as he waited for everyone to get on board before he would leave.

Agent Hawk/Alexander Hanson
Hangar Bay

Hanson was near the hangar when U.S Agent gave the briefing, more or less just wandered around with nothing to do, though to be fair, his field days are not in the task, currently. So...whatever he's doing right now, it's more than just this. Of course, he's here to assist the armory guy in case they need help, after all he knows weapons.

Of course, he walked right into the hangar, rifle on the back like usual. He approached U.S Agent, and said, "Agent, you mind if I join the fight? Acting like a sniper to support the initiates sounds like an easy job, and the thing that you need," as he glanced to the rest of the initiates, and then to him again, "Apparently."

"So, what do you say?" he smiled on the end, more like a boastful smirk.

Republic of the Cristo wrote:Sasha looked at the arrow in front of the Post office. He was puzzled. He had been informed to come to this address and then to follow further... Oh, of course. Arrow, follow, duh. Sasha was wearing a somewhat heavy tan jacket over his wife beater. It was dirty with black oil stains and dried blood from cuts. He was quite proud of the jacket, feeling that it was a rather good personification of his life. He had slicked back golden blond hair ( which brought him no small amount of mockery amongst his peers) and a blond stubble around his jaw line to match. The look of hood trash often got him chased out of many more respectable places.

He looked over the SHIELD card in his hands, still grasping at the idea that SHIELD wanted something with him. He had always suspected that the government would eventually want to take a look at him, having been killed once and nearly paralyzed, only to come back within a few short hours stronger than before was something right out of the movies... or something a super hero would do. Sasha had never thought of being a super hero before, didn't think he would be cut out for it really. He looked back up at the arrow on the sign. He went right to the unassuming door. He looked down the street both ways before opening it up.

He stepped into a small room with another door at the other end. A chime went off as he closed the door behind him. He looked about the unassuming room before noticing the door. He walked up to the door, and looked down at the keypad. He took out his SHIELD card again and gingerly slipped it through the slide. " Hey Sasha, lets be an avenger, what could possibly go wrong? " he whispered in Belarussian to himself. He felt the room shake down, like an elevator.

" Scanning,

Welcome: Sasha Zukhiov" said a computerized voice.

" Oh boy, what am I doing? " Sasha whispered to himself as the elevator continued to lower itself further and further down into the Earth. The doors finally opened, and to Sasha's surprise, he saw before him a corridor with the SHIELD logo proudly displayed across the floor, as well as a number of personnel starring up at the boy.

" Um..." he began in English, astonished by the recent turn of events. " I vas told to be here? "

"You're late, what a fucking idiot. Sorry, for the outburst," said one of an agent who approached him. "The rest of you are in the hangar now, let me escort you, now move your ass!" said the agent, clearly angry and not really calm. I mean, come on, an initiate and he late one day? That's not good, where's the discipline.

As the agent escorted Sasha to the hangar, Sasha would be amazed of the SHIELD's facility.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat May 14, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat May 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Esselman wrote:“Now, this thing operates like your average fighter pilot, and has a hell of a kickback should you increase speed too quickly. So pilot, saddle up, everyone else strap in because we live in an hour,” said U.S.Agent tapping the back of the Stark Shark to open the hatch

"Hell of a Kickback?" Hey, that has a nice ring to it.

Fauna grinned, as it was dawning upon her that the first day she came in would already put her in combat. Making sure her gun was loaded and that she was carrying her normal load of rounds, she got into the aircraft, which was rather futuristic compared to the things she had been trained in during basic training. Only now did she notice what exactly she was wearing; a sentry coat and long pants that made her look rather odd among the probably more modernly dressed initiates also boarding the aircraft. No matter, she wasn't one to dress normally anyways. She'd prefer anything militaristic if she could get her hands on it anyways.

"Anyone want to pair up with me?" she asked cheerfully, adjusting the sights on her rifle, "I'm not a bad shot."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sat May 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Sasha was escorted by the rather tactless agent towards the hanger. As he passed through the corridors, he began to fully comprehend the oddity of the situation. He was finally taken to the hanger where in he saw the Stark Shark and heard the speech given. Not even being here 30 minutes and already he and several others were being deployed to the Zoo to fight Hydra or what ever. Sasha simply looked around, and then at the people, and finally at the Stark Shark, before looking down at his feet and back up. " N'okay. Um, I am Sasha, and it is nice to meet jew all." he said as coolly as he could. He would go along with it all.
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Sat May 14, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse