NATION

PASSWORD

Seraphim (fantasy RP, OOC & Signups) CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 am

Culturally, elves are rather authoritarian, with every decision they make being for the state. This is more pronounced in Arumekh lands, but even citizens in other nations tend to be quite conservative, honor-bound, and dutiful. They value handmade everything, particularly any type of thick cloaks or outerwear.

Okay, but like, what's the material culture of the elves like? Are they fantasy-Japan? Fantasy-Persia? Tolkien-style? I need to know what kind of names/clothing/weapons/etc. I would be using if I went for an elf character.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Culturally, elves are rather authoritarian, with every decision they make being for the state. This is more pronounced in Arumekh lands, but even citizens in other nations tend to be quite conservative, honor-bound, and dutiful. They value handmade everything, particularly any type of thick cloaks or outerwear.

Okay, but like, what's the material culture of the elves like? Are they fantasy-Japan? Fantasy-Persia? Tolkien-style? I need to know what kind of names/clothing/weapons/etc. I would be using if I went for an elf character.

Native Ameican cultures in the late 1800's would be applicable, save the fact they actually have a signifigant amount of power
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:22 pm

To drum up discussion, who is everybody planning on being? I'm going to be a magic archer elf dude.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Illan wrote:To drum up discussion, who is everybody planning on being? I'm going to be a magic archer elf dude.

I'm kind of thinking of being a dwarf noble of some kind who was sent to fill a position in New Valeft for being an embarrassment to his family on the mainland, but I have no solid ideas yet.
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Illan wrote:To drum up discussion, who is everybody planning on being? I'm going to be a magic archer elf dude.

I'm kind of thinking of being a dwarf noble of some kind who was sent to fill a position in New Valeft for being an embarrassment to his family on the mainland, but I have no solid ideas yet.

So he got Jon Snowed lol

I've currently got a Lawful Evil Necromancer/Druid human whos best friend is a reanimated skeletal griffin in the works

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:I'm kind of thinking of being a dwarf noble of some kind who was sent to fill a position in New Valeft for being an embarrassment to his family on the mainland, but I have no solid ideas yet.

So he got Jon Snowed lol

I've currently got a Lawful Evil Necromancer/Druid human whos best friend is a reanimated skeletal griffin in the works

HUMANS SUCK

MAKE ARCIA GREAT

ELF TRUMP 2016
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:I'm kind of thinking of being a dwarf noble of some kind who was sent to fill a position in New Valeft for being an embarrassment to his family on the mainland, but I have no solid ideas yet.

So he got Jon Snowed lol

Well, not really. It's more like "Hey, there's a position open on this backwater island colony. You should take it, it sounds interesting" *shove*. The fact that they just wanted to kick him out is never outright stated to him, but it's pretty clear.

Though I might not even use that character at all. Speaking of which, what are the Cassians like culturally?
Signatures are so 2014.

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Joshulia wrote:So he got Jon Snowed lol

Well, not really. It's more like "Hey, there's a position open on this backwater island colony. You should take it, it sounds interesting" *shove*. The fact that they just wanted to kick him out is never outright stated to him, but it's pretty clear.

Though I might not even use that character at all. Speaking of which, what are the Cassians like culturally?

Mix of Standard anglo-centric king-y race with a heavy Mediterranean influence on dress, customs, and whatnot.

Btw everyone, Joshulia is my Co-OP so everyone say hi and play well
:^)

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Aona wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Well, not really. It's more like "Hey, there's a position open on this backwater island colony. You should take it, it sounds interesting" *shove*. The fact that they just wanted to kick him out is never outright stated to him, but it's pretty clear.

Mix of Standard anglo-centric king-y race with a heavy Mediterranean influence on dress, customs, and whatnot.

Btw everyone, Joshulia is my Co-OP so everyone say hi and play well

Ah, cool. I might make one of them then. I'm still deciding.
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Illan wrote:

HUMANS SUCK

MAKE ARCIA GREAT

ELF TRUMP 2016

Bernie Sand-Human-ers will prevail you son of a Chaand

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Illan wrote:

HUMANS SUCK

MAKE ARCIA GREAT

ELF TRUMP 2016

The Dwarves aren't sending their best, they're bringing necromancy, they're bringing piracy, they're drunks. And some, I assume, are good people.
Signatures are so 2014.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:37 pm

WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL AND MAKE RIOKKOS PAY FOR IT

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Illan wrote:
HUMANS SUCK

MAKE ARCIA GREAT

ELF TRUMP 2016

Bernie Sand-Human-ers will prevail you son of a Chaand

Why'd you make Bernie a human? You had a perfect opportunity to use "Bernie Chaanders" and you completely squandered it.
Signatures are so 2014.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Name: Alexander d'Autriche
Appearance:
(but with blue eyes)
Race or Nationality: Human, Riokkian
Personality: Alexander is outwardly very charming, attractive and charismatic, it was joked by his father that he could drop Alex into a room with a mortal enemy and 10 minutes later they'd come out, laughing and singing together like old friends. But this can also border on cockiness and arrogance, this isn't malicious usually but rather Alexander just seems to always have an air of over-confidence around him and will attempt almost anything, never thinking he can fail. Alex is mildly religious but it's hard to follow religions in Riokkos. Furthermore Alex is actually rather weak at heart, with few set beliefs or views of the world and easily succumbs to pressure or flip-flops depending on who he's talking to.
Class: Bard maybe?
Strengths: Charismatic, confident, good musician with a beautiful voice, attractive
Weaknesses: Arrogant, easily manipulated, weak morals, bad fighter.
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): A harp, some fine clothes and a fair amount of gold
Bio: Alexander comes from an ancient and proud bloodline who were once nobles and even former emperors of Cassian however they were ousted after a civil war and exiled, with most fleeing to Riokkos. In Riokkos the d'Autriche family have become established as successful merchants, becoming rich and influential. The family has tried to drum up support for their return to the throne but this fell on deaf ears and in recent times the latest strains of the d'Autriche family had all but given up on this hope until Alexander.

Alexander even when young has championed the d'Autriche family, claiming it's his birthright to rule and that the current problems facing the Cassians wouldn't be there if his family were still emperors. This has agitated the Cassian empire and lately they have sent assassins to try and remove this threat to their empire. Alex is now being sent away by his father, to try and gain support for his cause overseas, and for protection both from the Cassians and the problems facing Arcia in general.
RP Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=367453

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Bernie Sand-Human-ers will prevail you son of a Chaand

Why'd you make Bernie a human? You had a perfect opportunity to use "Bernie Chaanders" and you completely squandered it.

Oh god I fucked up ma

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:02 pm

A Captain of the City Watch from Shannar who had been tasked to infiltrate the Dwarvish colony.

Does it sound too cliche?
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:41 pm

A Drunkard Knight With Metal Arms and Legs.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Why'd you make Bernie a human? You had a perfect opportunity to use "Bernie Chaanders" and you completely squandered it.

Oh god I fucked up ma

ma?
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Sindrya wrote:

A Captain of the City Watch from Shannar who had been tasked to infiltrate the Dwarvish colony.

Tbh with the rising tensions over the plague that seems like a logical move for the Shannar.......I never trusted those Dwarves.....
Utceforp wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Oh god I fucked up ma

ma?

Ma.
Woodstovia wrote:Name: Alexander d'Autriche
Appearance: (but with blue eyes)
Race or Nationality: Human, Riokkian
Personality: Alexander is outwardly very charming, attractive and charismatic, it was joked by his father that he could drop Alex into a room with a mortal enemy and 10 minutes later they'd come out, laughing and singing together like old friends. But this can also border on cockiness and arrogance, this isn't malicious usually but rather Alexander just seems to always have an air of over-confidence around him and will attempt almost anything, never thinking he can fail. Alex is mildly religious but it's hard to follow religions in Riokkos. Furthermore Alex is actually rather weak at heart, with few set beliefs or views of the world and easily succumbs to pressure or flip-flops depending on who he's talking to.
Class: Bard maybe?
Strengths: Charismatic, confident, good musician with a beautiful voice, attractive
Weaknesses: Arrogant, easily manipulated, weak morals, bad fighter.
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): A harp, some fine clothes and a fair amount of gold
Bio: Alexander comes from an ancient and proud bloodline who were once nobles and even former emperors of Cassian however they were ousted after a civil war and exiled, with most fleeing to Riokkos. In Riokkos the d'Autriche family have become established as successful merchants, becoming rich and influential. The family has tried to drum up support for their return to the throne but this fell on deaf ears and in recent times the latest strains of the d'Autriche family had all but given up on this hope until Alexander.

Alexander even when young has championed the d'Autriche family, claiming it's his birthright to rule and that the current problems facing the Cassians wouldn't be there if his family were still emperors. This has agitated the Cassian empire and lately they have sent assassins to try and remove this threat to their empire. Alex is now being sent away by his father, to try and gain support for his cause overseas, and for protection both from the Cassians and the problems facing Arcia in general.
RP Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=367453

Bard Bros for life: Accepted
Last edited by Joshulia on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Tbh with the rising tensions over the plague that seems like a logical move for the Shannar.......I never trusted those Dwarves.....

Where does the plague start anyway?
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Sindrya wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Tbh with the rising tensions over the plague that seems like a logical move for the Shannar.......I never trusted those Dwarves.....

That's a good question.

A very good question indeed.

[Insert Evil Laughter]

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

That's a good question.

A very good question indeed.

[Insert Evil Laughter]

Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Dukats
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukats » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 am

Name: Ragnar Meran

Appearance: Ragnar

Race or Nationality: Human, Baltblack

Personality: Ragnar is a cold, stoic person.Shows little emotion and focuses primarly on the mission instead of helping his comrades. He hates authorithy and dosen't like when somebody orders him around. He talks little and dosen't care what others think of him.

Class: Warrior

Strengths: Archery, Swordmanship, Hardly can be manipulated, Hunting

Weaknesses: Cold, Bad at magic, Can't really make friends, Dosen't cooperate well with others on missions, Can't negotiate well, Weak morals

Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): Sword, Bow, Arrows, Throwing Knives

Bio: Ragnar was born in the Baltblacks to a family of warriors. Like most of Baltblacks he learned since a young age to fight. He also leaned how to use swords and bows.

His childhood was hard. He poached, he stole, he did everything just to survive.He didn't go to school but learned to read and write anyway. When he was 12 his parents were killed by bandits when they were traveling to another town looking for a better life. After they were killed he lived in the forest where he hunted and poached. He lived of the game he caught, anything leftover he sold to nearby towns.

One day when he was 17 a merchant ship came to a town he was visiting. One rich trader told the town that he was looking for mercenaries. Ragnar joined them since he knew that he could earn more money that way.

Now at age 19 as he was looking for a new job and he found one overseas.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=369123
Last edited by Dukats on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:57 am

Completed.

Name: Daud (pronounced: "Dah-wood")
Appearance:
Current
City Watch uniform
Race or Nationality: Human|Shannar
Personality: He has a realist, almost pessimistic outlook on almost everything. If he did not see a chance, he would completely abandon whatever he was planning. He's also fairly distrusting to other people, especially complete strangers, and always expected everyone he met to turn on him and stab his back at any chance they got, which is why he was never concerned about having a lover, since they could also potentially stab his back. Some people would wonder why someone with such a rotten personality can be a captain in Shannar's City Watch.
Class: Fencer/Swashbuckler
Strengths: Master Swordsman, Fencer, and Swashbuckler, expert in hand-to-hand combats (such as grappling, wrestling, boxing, the likes), has fast reflexes, high stamina, and innovative in terms of fighting styles. Overall, he's an adept close-quarters combatant. He's also capable of lying and faking information. Being a Captain of the City Watch of Shannar also means that he's educated on military tactics.
Weaknesses: Has a terrible aim with long-range weapons, fairly uneducated at magic (thus unable to understand the tactical advantages of magic), and not a good horse-rider. Also bad at making jokes.
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): City Watch's Sword
Bio:
Nothing remarkable about his early life prior to joining Shannar's City Watch and becoming one of the captains, mainly due to how he used to grow up in the slums. He was just known in his early teens as being nimble and "like a whirlwind" in a swordfight, managed to fight and defeat three City Watch Officers at the same time when he was 17. After joining the City Watch, using his fighting skills and tactical knowledge, he rose quickly among the ranks of the City Watch, earning himself the spot of Captain of the City Watch of Shannar.

The problem is, not everyone in the Watch was profound of the fact that he managed to make himself stand parallel to the sons of the nobles in the Watch's ranks. They thought of him as a stain in the City Watch's noble circle. Some of the noble-born Captains also didn't bother to cover up their distaste, refusing to interact with him, and on the times they were forced to talk to him, they do so in a condescending manner. However, Daud himself was expecting this, as he never really trusted those noble-born captains. He knew himself that some of them are part of the reason why the Watch was slowly becoming corrupted. The noble-born captains eventually plotted to remove him from his position, and when the news of plague and Dwarf invasions reached the country, they persuaded the higher-ups to send him to the Dwarfs' territory, to act as a spy "behind enemy's line". He sort of expected that this was coming, so he didn't really object. Besides, he was aware that the plague would soon reach Shannar, and any relatives of him had died two years ago. So he didn't have anything to lose.

RP Example:
- Stories of Aincrad
- Watchers
- Cielos Luz
- Position Vacant
Last edited by Sindrya on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:33 am

Dukats wrote:Name: Ragnar Meran

Appearance: Ragnar

Race or Nationality: Human, Baltblack

Personality: Ragnar is a cold, stoic person.Shows little emotion and focuses primarly on the mission instead of helping his comrades. He hates authorithy and dosen't like when somebody orders him around. He talks a little and dosen't care what others think of him.

Class: Warrior

Strengths: Archery, Swordmanship, Hardly can be manipulated, Hunting

Weaknesses: Cold, Bad at magic, Can't really make friends

Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): Sword, Bow, Arrows, Throwing Knives

Bio: Ragnar was born in the Baltblacks to a family of warriors. Like most of Baltblacks he learned since the young age to fight. He also leaned how to use swords and bows.

His childhood was hard. He poached, he stole he did everything just to survive.He didn't go to school but learned to read and write anyway. When he was 12 his parents were killed by bandits when they were traveling to another town looking for a better life. After they were killed he lived in the forest where he hunted and poached. He lived of the game he caught, anything leftover he sold to nearby towns.

One day when he was 17 a merchant ship came to a town he was visiting. One rich trader told the town that he was looking for mercenaries. Ragnar joined them since he knew that he could earn more money that way.

Now at age 19 as he was looking for a new job and he found one overseas.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=369123

Currently it doesn't really seem like Ragnar has any weaknesses, I mean the lack of magic is good but it's such a common thing and can't really be considered a true weakness

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse