NATION

PASSWORD

Alexandria Conference

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Third American Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Third American Republic » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 am

The American Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Sebastian Banks, rises to speak.

"With respect, Pharaoh, and I am aware I am just repeating what has already been said, but you are in no position to dictate what the Government of the United Kingdom does or does not do within its internationally recognized and lawfully administered territory. An economic impact is not a legitimate reason for an armed invasion of British territory, and the fact that you consider this to be so is concerning to say the least. Should the reforms proposed by by honorable friend from the Greater Nordic Union be accepted, then the American Republic would consider the use of the Suez Canal. However, we, and our allies and partners, are under no obligations to use a specific sea route. You do not hear about my government complaining when ships travel through the northwest passage, and we are not threatening an invasion of Imperial Mexico over their plans for a second canal. These actions, and those which we are planning to undertake in Palestine, are legitimate, reasonable, viable, and justified.

The question you raise about political reforms, If I may say so, is ridiculous. The fact that something has always been done does not make it fair or right. Otherwise, I would be representing six colonies of the United Kingdom, and my delegates from the United Kingdom would be representing territories of the Vikings. As time progresses, the standards of governance and social tolerance changes, and Egypt, whichever way you see it, does not conform to even basic standards of governance or respect for human rights. A major reform to the political structure, although I cannot speak for the other nations assembled here today, to make it more representative and democratic, will be the only circumstance under which the sanctions of my government will be lifted, or under which my government will consider not pushing ahead with the canal."
Last edited by The Third American Republic on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Messeren
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Messeren » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:15 am

"Are any of you entitled to the right to instruct Egypt on how it must conduct its internal affairs regarding governmental and societal issues?" The Third Princess Alysanne says, though doesn't bother to rise. "As you said before, Egypt is not a member of the League of Nations, ergo you cannot force it to change how it is. Egypt has already agreed to re-open the canal, it was the closing of it that prompted the plans to construct a new one. Since that issue has been resolved, you have no basis whatsoever on which to support your plan for a new canal. Neither should you represent your nations with hypocrisy by saying Egypt may not tell you how to run your country, but seem content in the apparent right that his Majesty the Pharaoh should obey you." There is a general murmur of assent from the rest of the Messyrene.
{Messeren - Formerly known as Solitan}

{Nihilistic and Misanthropic}

{This nation does not use NS stats}

The Greater Nordic Union
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Union » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:47 am

While Mogen and Sebastien were speaking were speaking, the Minister for Foreign Affairs was frantically putting together a draft proposal. As the American delegation finished, Neils stood up and proceeded to explain his proposal.

"I hold in my hand, what I believe is an extremely pragmatic solution. It is clear now that neither side wants war, and so it should be. I ask Your Majesty to please examine this document" said Neils as he slid the document across the table towards the Pharaoh.

"Your Majesty, you will find that we have given generous concessions to Egypt, but we do expect significant reforms on your part. A major aspect of this would be to bring democracy to the Egyptian people. It is 1994, and I believe that we can no longer have governments that are represented in entirety by a small elite.

One of the many aspects that make the Greater Nordic Union so successful is the so called "Nordic Model" of governance, which sees immense involvement by way of the citizens. To give everyone else a brief summary of the proposal, Egypt shall be required to comply with the following:

A proposal to bring Peace, Justice and Equality to the Egyptian people.

Egypt's obligations

• Egypt shall no longer be an absolute monarchy. In the context of this, the Egyptian Aristocracy shall no longer hold a monopoly over government affairs. The powers of the Pharaoh will be limited, and expressly defined in a constitution that shall be drafted in consultation with the Egyptian people.
  • The Pharaoh will remain the fount of honour, and all executive power shall originate from him. However all executive authority shall be formally exercised on his behalf by elected representatives of his subjects. His integrity is inviolable and he shall be immune from prosecution from all civil cases. The dignity of the Pharaoh will be above politics, as a consequence he will remain neutral in all political matters. The Pharaoh will remain the ceremonial Commander-In-Chief of the Egyptian Armed Forces, however executive authority with regards to the army shall be exercised by the Egyptian Prime Minister and his cabinet, or any other competent elected representative of his subjects.
  • A parliament shall be formed that shall represent all parts of Egypt equally.
  • The Egyptian Aristocracy shall be represented in a numerically inferior Upper House of Parliament, with the common citizenry represented in the Lower House of Parliament. The legislative superiority of the lower house shall be enshrined in the constitution, and the upper house cannot veto bills proposed in the lower house except for in specific cases. Bills however can originate in either houses of Parliament. The Pharaoh and certain members of the Royal Family will be allowed to sit in the upper house should they desire to do so, they however will not have the power to propose changes to the law.
  • The Egyptian Prime Minister shall be formally appointed by the Pharaoh, who is obliged to appoint the leader of the largest party attaining a minimum of 51% of the seats, or the leader of the largest coalition having at least 51% of the seats in the Lower House of Parliament, which will be elected by the people. The method of election shall be defined by the constitution of Egypt.
  • The Government shall be free to adopt any state religion, however the sanctity of the freedom of religion shall be maintained in perpetuity.
  • The military shall be explicitly forbidden from representation in parliament and shall be under the direct command of the Prime Minister, who at his discretion can appoint a member of his cabinet to lead the army on behalf of the Pharaoh.
  • The new Egyptian Parliament shall legislate to liberalise the Egyptian Economy and allow for foreign investment in several sectors of Egypt. The Parliament shall be empowered to decide which sectors of the economy can be excluded from foreign investment.
  • Egypt shall adopt a Human Rights Act that will ensure equality to all, regardless of their birth.
  • Slavery shall be expressly outlawed, and strict punishments will be handed out to violators.

• A comprehensive legal system shall be instituted, at the apex of which will lie the Supreme Court of Egypt. The Pharaoh shall remain the formal head of the Supreme Court, however he is obliged to act on the advice of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The justices of the supreme court shall be appointed by the Pharaoh, on the advice of the Prime Minister, or any other competent authority as described by the constitution of Egypt.

• Control of the Suez Canal, and its maintenance shall be solely exercised by the Suez Canal Authority, the chairman of which will be the Prime Minister. The Powers of this organisation shall be expressly defined in the constitution of Egypt.

Signatory's obligations

• The sovereignty of Egypt shall be respected by the international community.
  • Sanctions against Egypt shall be phased out.
  • Egyptian Assets that were frozen, shall be unfrozen.
  • The international community shall provide legal, technical, financial and logistical support to the Egyptian Realm to undergo the monumental reforms.
  • The plans for the Eilat Canal will be suspended.
  • The International community shall invest in Egypt to assist in its speedy modernisation.
  • Medical aid shall be provided to Egypt's former slaves to ensure that they are healthy.

"Obviously, there must will be further obligations on our part, that will go beyond the scope of the treaty. The Greater Nordic Union will pledge an initial sum of 1 billion dollars, an additional amount shall be declared later. It is imperative that everyone realise that as much as this is an Egyptian attempt at reform, it is the duty of the international community to do so in the best way possible. I will now give everyone time to analyse the document. "
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Union on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 pm

The pharaoh took out some files, each lebeled for separate situations. He ended with opening a file labeled 'New Government Option'.

He said, "I have a separate draft for this treaty."

Egyptian Obligations
  • Egypt shall adopt a republican Senate.
  • Egypt shall ban the ownership of one human being to another.
  • Egypt shall open its economy to foreign investors and business.
Signatory Obligations
  • All sanctions against Egypt shall immediately cease.
  • All attacks against Egyptian ships shall cease.
  • The plans of a canal to bypass the Suez Canal shall be eternally ceased.
  • Technological and economic support shall be sent to Egypt to help stabilize its new economy and government.

England and Ulster
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby England and Ulster » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:44 pm

The Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs begins to speak,

"Her Majesty's Government has commitments to its dependencies overseas and shall not arbitrarily give out money just like that. We cannot accept points four, five and six of the signatories obligations."

The Greater Nordic Union
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Union » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:12 am

The Egyptian Realm wrote:The pharaoh took out some files, each lebeled for separate situations. He ended with opening a file labeled 'New Government Option'.

He said, "I have a separate draft for this treaty."

Egyptian Obligations
  • Egypt shall adopt a republican Senate.
  • Egypt shall ban the ownership of one human being to another.
  • Egypt shall open its economy to foreign investors and business.
Signatory Obligations
  • All sanctions against Egypt shall immediately cease.
  • All attacks against Egyptian ships shall cease.
  • The plans of a canal to bypass the Suez Canal shall be eternally ceased.
  • Technological and economic support shall be sent to Egypt to help stabilize its new economy and government.

Shocked at the lack of detail, Mogen and Neils look at each other with an exasperation. After consulting with the Prince WIlhelm, who had been observing the events taking place quietly, Mogen stood up and said: "It is clear that Your Majesty doesn't want to achieve any meaningful results here. We have tried to negotiate but our best deal was rejected, with the alternative proposed being shockingly inadequate, achieving nothing but retaining the status quo. I believe that we have reached an impasse that will not be resolved as things stand. The Delegation of the Greater Nordic Union has decided that we shall withdraw from the discussions here until you and your government is willing to negotiate seriously." with that swift statement, the Nordic delegation attempts to exit the conference.
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Union on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

England and Ulster
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby England and Ulster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:30 am

DISREGARD
Last edited by England and Ulster on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Third American Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Third American Republic » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:13 am

The American delegation looks around in mild surprise, before beginning to speak.

"It is clear to us that the lack of specificity in your plans highlights your intentions, or should I say lack of intentions, to actually adopt real changes to the Egyptian political structure and improve the lives of your citizens. You have shown no interest in perusing a deal that will benefit all sides represented here, and for that, we can see that there is no present solution to this issue. My delegation and the American Republic withdraws from these discussions.

The American Delegation leaves the room, headed for the airport.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:50 am

OOC: You are aware that it is called negotiations for a reason. I agreed to reform the government, I just want the people to decide.
Last edited by The Egyptian Realm on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:53 pm

The Egyptian Pharaoh said, "If you really want it that way." He then snapped his fingers and the doors closed and locked before anyone could leave.

"Now, we shall continue negotiations and come out with a final deal. I find it insulting and disrespectful for you all to get up and try to leave a peace conference minutes within its start, just because of differing first drafts of a peace treaty. Oh, and don't try calling or radioing for assistance, as you won't get any service in this building due to the thick stone walls."
Last edited by The Egyptian Realm on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Greater Nordic Union
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Union » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:06 pm

The Egyptian Realm wrote:The Egyptian Pharaoh said, "If you really want it that way." He then snapped his fingers and the doors closed and locked before anyone could leave.

"Now, we shall continue negotiations and come out with a final deal. I find it insulting and disrespectful for you all to get up and try to leave a peace conference minutes within its start, just because of differing first drafts of a peace treaty. Oh, and don't try calling or radioing for help. You won't get any service in this building due to the thick stone walls."

The Office of the Livgardet, The Royal Palace, Stockholm

A member of the King's guard sits fidgeting about as he looks at a dozen green screens. He was on Royal duty, he tried to convince himself that it was an honour, but he was tired of the monotony of his job, ever since the attempted assassination of the Queen and the Crown Princess, security for the Royal Family was drastically increased with the movements continuously monitored. The problem was that Anderson was forced to look at a screen for the past year, and nothing had ever happened. As his thoughts drifted, he noticed something weird. The screen that showed a blip that represented one of the Royals suddenly stopped transmitting or responding.

That's weird he thought. Surely its just a technical error he reasoned, But what if it isn't? I should just inform someone, if only to save my own skin he thought as he got up to meet his commanding officer.

The Alexandria Conference, Alexandria

"This is just outrageous. I am Wilhelm, Prince of the Greater Nordic Union, Duke in Schleswig-Holstein! Do you even understand who I am or the significance of this? I demand to be let go at once, or I promise you, Egypt will not see the last of me" said an angry Prince Wilhelm.
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Union on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:15 pm

The Greater Nordic Union wrote:
The Egyptian Realm wrote:The Egyptian Pharaoh said, "If you really want it that way." He then snapped his fingers and the doors closed and locked before anyone could leave.

"Now, we shall continue negotiations and come out with a final deal. I find it insulting and disrespectful for you all to get up and try to leave a peace conference minutes within its start, just because of differing first drafts of a peace treaty. Oh, and don't try calling or radioing for help. You won't get any service in this building due to the thick stone walls."

A member of the King's guard sits fidgeting about as he looks at a dozen green screens. He was on Royal duty, he tried to convince himself that it was an honour, but he was tired of the monotony of his job, ever since the attempted assassination of the Queen and the Crown Princess, security for the Royal Family was drastically increased with the movements continuously monitored. The problem was that Anderson was forced to look at a screen for the past year, and nothing had ever happened. As his thoughts drifted, he noticed something weird. The screen that showed a blip that represented one of the Royals suddenly stopped transmitting or responding.

That's weird he thought. Surely its just a technical error he reasoned, But what if it isn't? I should just inform someone, if only to save my own skin he thought as he got up to meet his commanding officer.

"This is just outrageous. I am Wilhelm, Prince of the Greater Nordic Union, Duke in Schleswig-Holstein! Do you even understand who I am or the significance of this? I demand to be let go at once, or I promise you, Egypt will not see the last of me" said an angry Prince Wilhelm.

"You shall be allowed to leave once the negotiations are over. Now, how can we synchronize the two drafts? Firstly, are there any attendees wishing to drop the financial support clause?"

The Greater Nordic Union
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Union » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:21 pm

The Egyptian Realm wrote:

"You shall be allowed to leave once the negotiations are over. Now, how can we synchronize the two drafts? Firstly, are there any attendees wishing to drop the financial support clause?"

"The Greater Nordic Union does not negotiate with terrorists. You should really.." said Wilhelm before he was cut off by the Foreign Minister "Your Royal Highness, maybe you should sit down and ..." before being cut off himself by the Prince, "No, I will not calm down. As a member of the Royal House of Schleswig-Holstein-Gothenburg, I am a symbol of the Greater Nordic Union. Not to forget, I am a representative of the Emperor himself. This will be construed as an act of war unless you let us go immediately." said a now furious prince.
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Union on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:34 pm

The Egyptian Realm wrote:"You shall be allowed to leave once the negotiations are over. Now, how can we synchronize the two drafts? Firstly, are there any attendees wishing to drop the financial support clause?"

"The Greater Nordic Union does not negotiate with terrorists. You should really.." said Wilhelm before he was cut off by the Foreign Minister "Your Royal Highness, maybe you should sit down and ..." before being cut off himself by the Prince, "No, I will not calm down. As a member of the Royal House of Schleswig-Holstein-Gothenburg, I am a symbol of the Greater Nordic Union. Not to forget, I am a representative of the Emperor himself. This will be construed as an act of war unless you let us go immediately." said a now furious prince.

"Really? I am not the one who tried leaving a few minutes after the meeting started just because the first draft was not immediately approved."

He started writing a new draft.

"Here is a new draft."

Egyptian Obligations
  • Egypt shall have an open vote for anyone eighteen years or older for what form of government the people want and what shall be included in the new government.
  • Egypt shall pay ₲1 million to each attendee due to the unfavorable situation.
  • Egypt shall cease military action against Palestine.
  • Egypt shall recognized Palestinian soveriegnty
Signatory Obligations
  • The planning and construction of any canal to bypass the Suez Canal are eternally ceased.
  • All sanctions against the Egyptian economy shall cease.

England and Ulster
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby England and Ulster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:46 pm

The Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary stands,

"You let the English delegation out of this room immediately or this will be seen as an aggressive act which would mean war between our two nations!"

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:49 pm

England and Ulster wrote:The Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary stands,

"You let the English delegation out of this room immediately or this will be seen as an aggressive act which would mean war between our two nations!"

"How does the new draft look?"

The Greater Nordic Union
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Union » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:51 pm

"Really? You attempt to bribe me with your paltry third world currency? I must say, a lot of credit must be given to the Egyptian people. Any progress this country has made is truly remarkable, given its penchant to be ruled by fanatics." pointing towards the English foreign secretary "My friend, you are much too polite."

England and Ulster
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby England and Ulster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:52 pm

The Egyptian Realm wrote:"Allowing a canal to be built for smaller ships is the most I would allow on the issue. I have already agreed to reform Suez Canal fees and I have outlawed slavery. Large and medium sized ship passage is a very big factor in our economy, so I can not allow your canal to service them."

"Also, why do you want a government to change when it has prospered for thoussnds of years? Umlike what you think, we do not persecute anyone except law breakers."

"You do not have the authority", began the Foreign Secretary, "to order us around and tell us how to operate on our own soil just as much as we do not have the right to tell you. Palestine is sovereign English territory and, as such, you should respect our right to build a canal through it if we wish."

"You have operated today like a tyrant; we do not wish to use your canal and this new canal is more of a personal mission for the UK rather than an international effort to discredit Egypt."

The Dutch Hegemony
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dutch Hegemony » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:53 pm

"Ah, good evenings! The government of the Netherlands apologizes its late arrival!" Says Dutch dignatary, Prince Fiso of Orange. He suddenly notices that the guards lock the doors behind him. He is taken aback by this.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:02 pm

The Greater Nordic Union wrote:"Really? You attempt to bribe me with your paltry third world currency? I must say, a lot of credit must be given to the Egyptian people. Any progress this country has made is truly remarkable, given its penchant to be ruled by fanatics." pointing towards the English foreign secretary "My friend, you are much too polite."

"I am willing to let the Egyptian people create a new government. It is actually the first point on the treaty. Also, you are aware that each Gold Horus (the name of the Egyptian currency) has gold in it. All we need to do is have an agreement. My second draft is a moderate one that is equally benefiting for both sides."
England and Ulster wrote:"You do not have the authority", began the Foreign Secretary, "to order us around and tell us how to operate on our own soil just as much as we do not have the right to tell you. Palestine is sovereign English territory and, as such, you should respect our right to build a canal through it if we wish."

"You have operated today like a tyrant; we do not wish to use your canal and this new canal is more of a personal mission for the UK rather than an international effort to discredit Egypt."
"So, you want a canal and I do not want to lose money or business, so how about a compromise......You build a canal for small ships and personal craft, and my canal will focus on the medium to large ships. This way we both are happy."
The Dutch Hegemony wrote:"Ah, good evenings! The government of the Netherlands apologizes its late arrival!" Says Dutch dignatary, Prince Fiso of Orange. He suddenly notices that the guards lock the doors behind him. He is taken aback by this.

"Sorry, I had not noticed that you would be late. The doors have been sealed for the negotiations. I hope you do not mind." He hands a copy of the second draft of the treaty.

The Dutch Hegemony
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dutch Hegemony » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:03 pm

"Sealed... For how long?" Fiso asks.

England and Ulster
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby England and Ulster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:08 pm

The Egyptian Realm wrote:"So, you want a canal and I do not want to lose money or business, so how about a compromise......You build a canal for small ships and personal craft, and my canal will focus on the medium to large ships. This way we both are happy."

"We do not wish to rely on you for our trade to our territories in the far east; this is more of a domestic mission for us more than an international obligation. We will not let you order us around and we will not let you tell us how to govern our own territories!", the Minister of State shouted.

The Greater Nordic Union
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Union » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:11 pm

The Office of the Prime Minister

"It has come to our notice, that communication with His Royal Highness, the Prince Wilhelm, as well as the members of my Cabinet has ceased all of a sudden. I do not wish to cause alarm but my government is doing all it can to ascertain what is happening. An hour ago, we stopped receiving location data from the Prince. While this could have happened on accident, my government is to assume that the life of the Nordic Delegation is in danger.

Until further notice, please do not engage in the spreading of rumours. My God be with our fellow Nordboers in Egypt, if their lives are under threat"

Stockholm Palace

"... and that Your Majesty is the current situation. We have been able to gather that the Prince is being held hostage via the communication chip set installed in the badge of the Royal Order of the Serphim. We initially thought that it was a malfunction, but further attempts to contact them have failed. We've not heard from the foreign minister either in a long time, hence we have reason to believe that Egypt is holding all delegates hostage. Meanwhile, the Prime Minister has been informed and he has issued a statement to reduce panic amongst the public but he has requested an audience with you."

"Very well. I was opposed to tampering with the badge, but I suppose it has proven itself. I know why he wishes to come, perhaps I will go down in history as the monarch who sees war for the first time since 1818! Ask my Chief of Staff to coordinate the movement of the Imperial Regalia to the throne room, and send for members of the Privy Council. Oh and please don't tell Mamma about Wilhelm, at her age she really need not be told such a grave matter until we are certain."
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Union on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Egyptian Realm
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Egyptian Realm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:16 pm

England and Ulster wrote:
The Egyptian Realm wrote:"So, you want a canal and I do not want to lose money or business, so how about a compromise......You build a canal for small ships and personal craft, and my canal will focus on the medium to large ships. This way we both are happy."

"We do not wish to rely on you for our trade to our territories in the far east; this is more of a domestic mission for us more than an international obligation. We will not let you order us around and we will not let you tell us how to govern our own territories!", the Minister of State shouted.
"Have you heard of barges? They are smaller than cargo ships, but can still transport cargo using a canal."

The Greater Nordic Union wrote:The Office of the Prime Minister

"It has come to our notice, that communication with His Royal Highness, the Prince Wilhelm, as well as the members of my Cabinet has ceased all of a sudden. I do not wish to cause alarm but my government is doing all it can to ascertain what is happening. An hour ago, we stopped receiving location data from the Prince. While this could have happened on accident, my government is to assume that the life of the Nordic Delegation is in danger.

Until further notice, please do not engage in the spreading of rumours. My God be with our fellow Nordboers in Egypt, if their lives are under threat"

Stockholm Palace

"... and that Your Majesty is the current situation. We have been able to gather that the Prince is being held hostage via the communication chip set installed in the badge of the Royal Order of the Seraphim. Communication had ceased due to a malfunction, but it somehow sort itself out and we are monitoring the situation. Meanwhile, the Prime Minister has been informed and he has issued a statement to reduce panic amongst the public but he has requested an audience with you."

"Very well. I was opposed to tampering with the badge, but I suppose it has proven itself. I know why he wishes to come, perhaps I will go down in history as the monarch who sees war for the first time since 1818! Ask my Chief of Staff to coordinate the movement of the Imperial Regalia to the throne room, and send for members of the Privy Council. Oh and please don't tell Mamma about Wilhelm, at her age she really need not be told such a grave matter until we are certain."
OOC: It has already been established that communication through the stone structure is impossible.
Last edited by The Egyptian Realm on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

England and Ulster
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby England and Ulster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:18 pm

The Egyptian Realm wrote:"Have you heard of barges? They are smaller than cargo ships, but can still transport cargo using a canal."

"And how about our military ships"?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents