NATION

PASSWORD

Ixnay Central News (ICN) [Greater Ixnay Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Ghantish Leaders, Royals Weigh in on Native Vieux Controversy
Prime Minister Almazara: "When all options for peaceful settlement have been foreclosed, what other options do the disenfranchised have?"
May 1, 2025, Ghish, Ghant

GHISH – Prime Minister Alicia Almazara gave a press conference regarding the controversy involving Vieux and Somani Crow Natives. The press conference was held as a result of mass protests in Ghish over the treatment of the Natives by the Vieuxen government, with protestors taking up around the Vieuxen embassy, and vandalizing nearby property.

The Liberal Prime Minister from Abaza, in office since 2022, said in her press conference that, "Based upon the situation unfolding in Vieux, I highly doubt that Prime Minister Trémaux is an optimist in any sense of the word. He talks of big game, yet is unwilling to listen to native leadership and their needs. I would say that he is directly responsible for the tensions occurring in Vieux now, because when all options for peaceful settlement have been foreclosed, what other options do the disenfranchised have? Violence, that’s what. Apparently, there is enough demand for independence or increased autonomous devolution that the only sensible solution to the crisis is a Referendum to decide the fate of the areas in question. After all, government only governs with the consent of the governed, and anything else is merely an oppressive yoke meant to be cast off. So, let the people of those areas decide what form of government they should have, otherwise myself, and the rest of the international community will have to label Prime Minister Trémaux a tyrant, and the nation of Vieux will have to be treated as such."

The passionate, outspoken Prime Minister Almazara, known for her center-left politics both at home and abroad, echoes popular Ghantish sentiment on the Somani Crow situation. Given the historical enmity between ethnic natives and the Vieuxen population, more than 75% of Ghantish citizens believe that at the very least, an independence referendum should be held by the Somani Crow natives, while another 60% believe that Prime Minister Trémaux is in the wrong on the issue, and outright support Somani Crow violence.

Closer to Vieux, Empress Dowager Teresa of Ghant weighed in on the issue as well, being particularly harsh in what she had to say. “I would like to applaud Member of Parliament Marlène Astier for being the voice of reason in Vannois regarding the tomfoolery unfolding in Vieux of late. She, like her father Maximilien, is quite sensible. Prime Minister Trémaux is obviously being a two faced wanker on the native issue, preaching optimism and openness yet is driving the natives to violence. Clearly they have a different direction in mind for how they should be organized on a governmental level, and this oppressive dog and pony show has gone on long enough. Let the people decide via a referendum, now, or be labeled as an oppressor who clasps unwilling citizens in chains.”

Teresa went on to respond directly to Vannoisian Prime Minister Vasseur rather harshly. “As for our own Prime Minister, I stood with him and applauded him for finally delivering a secular government for Vannois, but on this issue I cannot in good conscious stand with him. He would ask this nation, and all within it, including myself, to stand with Vieux on this issue, but I cannot and will not. Trémaux is wrong, and Vasseur is wrong for supporting his tyranny. I would ask the people of Vannois this. If a man tried to force himself upon a woman, and that woman cried out for help, who would you support? Vasseur would have you support the man. I would have you support the woman.”

The situation in Ghish remains tense, with Inperiala Palace being quiet on the subject, aside from a comment from the Empress that, “Referendums never hurt anyone.” All parties have urged the violence to stop, including pressing native leadership to put an end to violence, and for Vieuxen citizens and police to be more sensitive to native concerns.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Constantinalia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Constantinalia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Tuesday, March 11, 2025
Johan Gressel

Christian Democratic Party Faces Scandal Report

Pictured: Mitglied Franko Gruechel reporting on the Committee on Political Affairs' findings and conclusions.

Drovan -- Shock, disbelief, and a hit to the reputation of arguably one of the most influential party in Kronata's history. Mitglied Franko Greuchel of the Bundeskongress Committee on Political Affairs announced yesterday that the Committee has, "come to the unanimous agreement that illegal and unfair acts has been committed by the Kronatan Christian Democratic Party, and its leadership, in order to gain an advantage over colleagues both during and outside of election processes." He also reported that, "the Christian Democratic Party was under critical review by independent agencies within and outside the government for actions believed to have been undertaken by its leadership to circumvent fair election practice. This Committee, and those reports, have strong evidence toward foul malpractice by the Party."

With Presidential elections only two months away, the Christian Democratic presidential candidate and party leader, Albert Hudeger, is almost definitely watching his long campaign, and possibly even his party, shatter over night. Some are calling this the end of conservative competition in politics, others say that this will only provide a boost to conservative sympathies. What everyone is sure of, however, is exactly what Bundeskongress Committee on Federal Oversight leader Mitglied Charles Lodenberg told in a quick press conference today:

"If, in any amount or position, any political entity is tried and found guilty of manipulation against the Kronatan people, then those people will be assured that quick and swift action will be taken against such an entity. It is not about partisian politics, but about the security and trust that the people can invest in their government. The people elected a government to serve them, not one constructed from false information and backroom deals. Any party engaging in such acts shall, in the eyes of the people, lose any validity to office. Any act of disregard for the process shall be met with a fierce resistence from the Kronatan people. The evidence provided is clear, and now "

With a press conference scheduled for noon today, the people of Kronata await to see what response the Christian Democratic leadership has. For now, however, all the people can do, is speculate how the politics of Kronata will shift. Giants fall with a force to shatter landscapes, and it is almost certain that the political landscape as we know it has changed drastically. For better or worse, trust in the right spectrum will require more than a miracle to be repaired.

Other Stories

• President Volker Reaffirms "There Will Be No Second Term."
  • Oldest Woman in Kronata Celebrates 118 Years
  • "Embassy Row is Swiftly Filling," Says FA Minister Feldeir
  • FARA Reports, "50 Successful Rocket Launches."
Last edited by Constantinalia on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lacus Magni » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:14 am

Ravenna: The Emperor spoke just moments ago from the front garden outside of the Villa Ravennae regarding the Conservative Party's internal leak that occurred earlier today. He led off by addressing the media about the current controversy surrounding the extradition of Mr. Fergus and the unfair suspension of two ethnic Gaelic Senators.

“It is absolutely abhorrent the way that these two Senators, Ailpein Lùtair and Griogair Dunaid, have been treated. Late last night, I issued an executive order to lift their suspension from the Senate immediately. This order will also see Tribune Fructosis and the other three PSP senators indefinitely suspended from the legislative body with a hearing set for him within the next ten days." The Emperor based his decision off of the numerous eyewitness reports, all of which placed the blame on the PSP senators for initiating the altercation.

Then the Emperor touched on the recent actions surrounding the extradition of Columbanus Fergus Eriugena, who was recently apprehended by Kiravian federal marshals. “…I am appalled of the way that the state government of Irovasdra is handling the situation surrounding Mr. Fergus…I am, however, grateful for the valiant actions of Prime Executive Candrin on taking the appropriate measures for apprehending Fergus.” He went onto say that Scholae Palatinae officials are currently on their way to finalize Fergus’s transfer, back to Latium, where he will be arraigned at the 9th Hiburnian Inferior Court in Mamucium, a suburb of Drumanagh within the month.

Lastly, the Emperor addressed the recent Conservative Party leaks and the attacks against his wife. “First of all, it deeply saddens me that Leon would speak this way of any individual, let alone my own wife; a woman who has dedicated her life to helping hard-working and downtrodden people across the world. The behavior and judgment of [Dalassenos] and the Conservative Party’s leadership is completely unbecoming of not just leaders of the Senate and their party, but as human beings…Say what you will about me, but to attack someone’s spouse is and cowardly and spineless act…It is behavior that myself nor the Latin people will stand for…and is flatly out of line.”

Consul Dalassenos resigned from his Consulship and the Senate in a brief press release that was sent out during the Emperor’s press conference, which the Emperor was made aware of while speaking. “The role of a Consul is to lead the elected body of representatives for the Latin people, something which Leon has failed to do since his Consulship began just thirty-six days ago. And if I were not just handed his resignation, I would damn well demand it,” Jason Augustus informed the press, proceeding to sign the paperwork during his speech. “As this is new information, we will need to consider all the possibilities for the Senate to gain their next Consul,” the Emperor continued, noting that he is hesitant to call for snap elections so quickly after the general election. Before finishing his press conference, Jason Augustus stated that the Senate would be meeting in Ravenna for the "foreseeable future."

Leon Dalassenos is now the shortest serving Consul, having held the office for thirty-six days. Curiate Tribune Pacuraru and Conservative Party Chairman Istrati also resign from their posts.

Other Headlines:
- Thomas Pompilius is joined by Chancellor of the Exchequer, Antonia Tranio, in an independent bloc. Both spoke today from Castellum on "National Civicism" and the growing divide between the left and right.
- New Liberal Party leader, G. Atilius Lixandroiu, on PM Trémaux of Vieux, "...his use of their National Security Defense Act is a clear usurpation of of power from the other elected representatives of the people...He's out of his league on this one."
- Stock prices dip at the Castellum Exchange due to recent political turmoil.
Admin and Member of Ajax (Discord)
Active Projects
Latium (Map) | Sydalon (Map) | Gelonia (Map) | Vardana (Map)

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Ravenna: This morning, the Duchess of Vindóbona announced that she has managed to form a government coalition, a coalition that fits the definition of the word in every way. Following her approval to form the new government from the Emperor, the Duchess and the Catholic Democrats will be joined by four other parties: the remaining 389 members of the Conservative Party, People’s Party of Gaels, the Hellenic National Party, and the Levantian Union Party. The current coalition sits at 467 seats.

In a press conference inside the old Senate building of Ravenna, the Duchess was joined by the leaders of her new coalition to make the official announcement. "This is a time for healing…and the members of this new government and our coalition are the complete embodiment of unity. Unity that we Latins need in a time such as this,” the Duchess began the press conference. She went onto introduce the new leadership. Ailpein Lùtair of the People’s Party of Gaels will serve as Deputy Consul; Alexander Florentina of the Conservatives as Tribune of the People; Levantian Unionist, Petrus Salus as Curiate Tribune; and Aeneas Chryselios of the Hellenic National Party as Century Tribune. With the Duchess assuming the role as Consul.

The Duchess sounded off on various topics, ranging from potential government policy, Somani Crow Referendum, and the hearings for the PSP members. She stated that there has been talk of seeing what could be done to restore the former status quo in regards to the Catholic Church in Latium, though acknowledged that it would be an uphill battle; then segueing into possible repeals of what she called “unpopular reforms” initiated during Consul Lepera’s term, such as the Right to Choose Act and stripping certain provisions of the Healthcare Reform and Revitalization Act that provide government funding for those in high-health risk that fall below the poverty level to obtain an abortion.

Touching on the Somani Crow Referendum, the Duchess said that she and the cabinet would be discussing it with the Emperor at their first meeting. She acknowledged that, “while the final decision rests with the Emperor, I am of the opinion that we cannot recognize this separatist state…the recognition of such a state upsets the established global order of sovereign States and could thus pose a grave threat to international peace and security.” Most expect that the Emperor would not recognize any Somani state.

The Senate is set to readjourn tomorrow in Ravenna; the Emperor already confirming his attendance.

In related political news, newly independent Senators, Thomas Pompilius and Antonia Tranio, continue to rally large groups of people. The pair, who retain their seats on the prominent People’s Assembly, continue to speak against both the left and right; calling others to join them in their goal for a true government of the people. “The left, the right, they’re only goal is to promote their own old and tired ideology…the only true path, is one of Latin values. A path of National Civicism,” Pompilius said in an address to a gathering outside of the Senate building this morning.

Other Headlines:
- “[Trémaux] did the right thing,” former Consul Lepera told the media this morning, regarding holding the Somani referendum and his resignation.
- LHL announces new streaming 12 year £7.1 billion deal, which will see all LHL games being available on IxFlix streaming service worldwide starting in the 2025-26 season.
- Gaelic national, Fergus, returns to Latium. Arraignment set for 15 July.
Active Projects

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:46 am

HULANG THE HEIRLESS?
Pictured, his perfection at a recent event in Xungong

XUANJING: It has been a decade since the rise of his perfection, Ditor Hulang I Lazin and the nature of his reign has been a tragic yet hopeful one. Soon after his completion of the Quanli he was faced with the internal chaos that was the Silent War. After the turmoil ended thanks to his superior and diplomatic handling of the situation. Yet he has remained a distant monarch, one who despite his policies of increased spending on the poor and the average Renlei as well as stabilizing Akai through the systematic destruction of scum like the Corsairs and the Slavers. This distance has saved him from losing his position as a just actor. His reformation of the Riyeskonsu into a proper military and law enforcement force and creation of the Fadaizhe to serve as enforcers of his will. Yet he remains the organiser, the statesman of Akai whose logic decisions have left this nation stable once more.

Yet many have noticed that he seems not to care for the name he wears proudly - Clan Lazin only has three children from its main branch and only one possible heir in the form of the nine year old Prince Aboluo, hardly a fitting heir to this nation when considering his uncles are all aged and likely not ready for the throne. He has taken little interest in others, to marry or even to enjoy natural relations with the concubines of the palace, instead allowing them to spend their time elsewhere.

Even the Dowager Dihei has noticed this stating recently in an exclusive interview: “He seems detached from the world. He is warmer now than he was during the silent war but he is a man without these passions it seems.” She later went on to say: “We have raised the issue to him in private, trying to convince him the merits of it. He has remained cold saying ‘a child from a heartless marriage, what good is that? I do not want another to mold.’”

This has caused great discontent among the many ranks of Akai society and has unified a surprisingly large selection of people who agree upon the issue that he must sire an heir. Gong-Marshal Long Zhanshi stated in 2024 in a now declassified interview: “It is a matter of national security and urgency that the Ditor sire and heir to Akai. Without an heir we face the chaos which divided Akai centuries ago but in modern times. Without an heir, we cannot guarantee the future stability of Akai through us alone.”

Dabawang Hua IX Jialazin in a matter held in the Enlightened Conclave delcared furthermore: “Our Clans are ready to sire this heir. We have our daughters and our sisters if need be to devote to the cause of our nation. We beg of you that you can see this opportunity to not only stabilise the realm but to also increase your father's line. If you refuse to do so, other Clans will take an interest and claim the throne, this we can all agree while useful for us in the short term will only condemn us to repeat years of pointless violence which we have so carefully avoided." The rather public message was made before the general assembly of Dabawangs and Wusheng further adding: "I offer you my own daughter Lady Xisi Jialazin, as a sign of this effort. Other clans may wish to do so too." This self interest was expressed by several other clans including Dabawang Xhou Cangbai and Dabawang Zaijian Aoxiajia as well.

Furthermore the SIA in a rare collective statement on the matter in a small understated conference: "we are of the belief that Hulang should acquire an heir to the throne of Akai or at least have some effort with regards to marrying into one of the nobles Clans here or marrying outside of Akai. I do suspect some other players would be interested in such a marriage to his perfection and that it would help benefit the rule of both parties involved." They further went on to add with a grim tone: "I doubt keeping the nation heirless would be in the interest of those parties involved."

There was once rumours of a relationship between the Ditor in his youth and the Honorary Princess of Ghant, Amelia Kindaro although there are reports that the relationship broke down and failed some time ago although the details remain unknown. It is theorised that a lot of his actions and reclusion from the world was due to this hypothetical failure although no Lazin was able to comment on the issue, anonymous sources from Xungong claimed that they were often seen in each other's presence when left alone.

There is also Shouxikai Liqin Mei has been proposed to be a possible candidate for becoming the Dihei of Hulang due to their apparent closeness in recent times, being apparently a close confidant of the sovereign as well as also being the Chief Courtesan of the Court Concubines, giving her some power over the women of the court. Although apparently Machiko still controls it with her tight, constricting grip.

Dowager Dihei Machiko Lazin did say that an event might be held for parties interested in possibly securing a marriage to Hulang at the newly built Hulanggong palace in Xungong although details are few in number. It could be gathered that several great clans would be present at the event.

Overall the pressure on Hulang has increased recently, although it seems he might be responding to it - his pace seems to slow for Akai.

Also in the news:
  • Disappointed Hulang meme arises in Lazinato youth circles
  • Aboluo and Adimisi: Akai's next generations?
  • NPF to give statement on the wrongly held islands

Meanwhile…
http://i.imgur.com/W3GcOfM.jpg
Jiojiabubu 1 day/3 hours ago 5,450

@Jiojiabubu you seem to forget that Hulang is our leader, he will not bend to weak foreigners over such a small issue?ThePatriots 0 days/17 hours ago 75

This comment was removed for violating Section 117b of the information regulation act - false accusations of homosexuality against a member of the Ditorial family - TheSocialActivist 0 days/3 hours ago1230

OOC: That image has unlimited potential.
Last edited by The IASM on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Drumanagh: Chaos strikes Hiburnia yet again, as the Gaeil Saoradh Buidheann (Gelonian Freedom Movement) began battling with local military personnel throughout the entire province late last night. Early reports claim that Drumanagh city police officers began to open fire on the military while on a joint patrols around the city. And following that attack, the GSB immediately claimed responsibility for the attack on Latin Armed Forces.

This was quickly followed by a declaration of independence coming from the GSB. An act which was corroborated by the provincial government as they are reported to have entered the local legislature building for the first time since the suspension of civilian government nearly two weeks ago. Former chancellor of the provincial government, Patric Burland, was proclaimed to be Taoiseach or Prime Minister of the Gelonian Republic. Ailpein Lùtair, who served as Deputy Consul until his recent resignation, was proclaimed President in absentia, but who’s current whereabouts are unknown.

In their joint declaration, both the GSB and the Gelonian Republic state the mistreatment and racial targeting of ethnic Gelonians, including the detainment of persecution of Columbanus Fergus Eriugena, whom the GSB claims is still in hiding “until he can be safely brought back home.” Taoiseach Burland also sent out a desperate plea to all

In what is being dubbed the Battle of Drumanagh, the minor detachments of Armed Forces that were present in the province have suffered heavy losses, possibly in the neighborhood of thousands. Consul Vindóbona denounced the attack on Latin military personnel, calling it "the barbaric murder and assassination of the brave men and women" that were present to protect them. "Response will be swift and just," Vindóbona added before the Emperor briefly addressed the press.

Moments before press time, the Emperor declared the province in a state of rebellion, which Magister Militum Flavius Potitiu followed up in announcing preliminary orders to quell the rebellion. Local naval vessels have been ordered to remain in port if possible and to begin a blockade of the island. The 29th, 36th, and 71st Legions have been ordered to fortify their positions in Hiburnia, while it was soon announced the Armorican Praetorian regiment has captured the border town of Tarbhais in the province.

Other Headlines:
  • Vindóbona's approval rating continues to slide as many place the blame for the Gelonian Crisis on the Consul for alienating the Gaels and doing little to undo Dalassenos's mistakes.
  • Scholae Palatinae reports that evidence of a "troubling amount of money has made its way to the GSB" in the past three months.
  • Latin Ambassador to former Baclów is recalled, embassy vacated; Latium to not recognize the FSR or new Somani states.
Active Projects

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 am

Ravenna: As the Latin military makes their advance towards the Hiburnian capital, Imperial Offices are now confirming that that provincial capital of Dramanagh is being burned down by GSB elements in the area. After struggling to capture the coastal town of Monaoda, which surrendered only days ago, the military has continued to focus on the capture of the capital. Current estimates place current ground forces nearly 20 miles from Dramanagh, which is when the burning of the city could first be seen.

Fly-bys and on-looking naval forces quickly confirmed the burning of the city, with Magister Militum Poienaru stating that “the Emperor ordered all naval and aerial bombardment of the city to cease last night…This is clearly the work of the GSB.” After the Magister Militum’s statement, the GSB released confirmation on Ixtter claiming responsibility for burning the city. “Better a pile of ashes than in Latin chains. The fight continues. #Freedom” the tweet said. The Gelonian government is said to have relocated further north in the province, to the city of Cicutio.

It is unclear how many casualties there are as a result of the destruction of Dramanagh, as many began to flee the city when the navy began their blockade. “It is an absolutely heinous crime that these terrorists have committed against one of the great northern cities of Latium and its proud inhabitants…We will be holding a vote in the Senate that will provide aid for Dramanagh once the city is liberated,” Consul Vindóbona told the press. When asked on if the Emperor and Senate leadership have had discussions on whether or not a referendum would be held, the Consul said that there “currently aren’t any plans.” When asked of her opinion of the recent legislation in the Kiravian state of Irovasdra, she said that “Governor Tòisich should mind his own business.”

Other Headlines:
  • Pompilius continues to attract followers to his new National Civic Party, including a Senate caucus of 84 members.
  • Citizens in Armorica hold protest against the war, and their desire for the Hiburnian Autonomy Act to be renewed in the Senate.
  • Consul's number level out at around 29% following her release of legislative agenda and as the Gelonian War continues.
  • At least 29 dead in northern Hiburnia, as refugees attempt to flee the province for Irovasdra.
Active Projects

Viridisolum
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:34 am

IMMBC
BROADCASTING.COM

Kingdoms And Empires Are Lands Lost In Modern Times

When It Was Alphonse IV, We Would Still Say "God Save Our Sovereign." Now There
Is Edric Skaran III, We Say "Go Fuck Off You Pompous Bastards." (Image Above:
Emperor Alphonse IV In 1985)
SOURCE: DeviantArt Digital Artist and Photo Manipulator KraljAleksandar

Now onto our next topic, the Monarchy . . . Certainly not the boy band who utilizes electronic music to get laid . . . No of course not . . . And no, we will not talk about that DC Comics character that wasn't known to man much except to those who have muscle fetish. No, no, no - no sir. We will talk about that revered and cherished Viridisian institution - or so we all agreed in consensus. This institution has been quite a nuisance really. It's been in the headlines of several of the prominent regional papers. The Ghish Post; 'Ghantish Leaders, Royals Weigh in on Native Vieux Controversy,' 'Empress Dowager Teresa of Vannois on Secularization Bill: “It’s about time” “Should have happened years ago”,' Le Citoyen: 'Vasseur slams Vacek for comments on Dowager', and 'The Viridisian Republic: Foreign Minister Chased Into Ministry By Vannosian Consort Dowager." Lastly my favourite, 'Hot Bitch Runs Away From Royal MILF Supporters . . . ' That last headline was from the Purple Banana. Cheeky tabloids nowadays, isn't this all tiring? Except the two last pieces, now that's faux journalism at its best.

Before we go further, we must endeavour to stop to begin what we were supposed to tackle on in the first place. Now, on the Monarchy with the basics that is technically a dictatorship in which the supreme ruler is ceremonially vested with absolute power and dies in such a manner, formally we see it otherwise. It centres on divine right, inherent right. The idea that God has given power to one and so he or she has the right to rule, and the people in turn must obey blindly. Sort of like those fanatical Christians in the Southernmost parts of the South Audonian Islands to their children. Okay, so those who are knowledgeable or at least aware of monarchy would say this is absolute monarchy, different from what we know today in countries like ours, Valaran, and Ghant. Not so different actually in Ghant if you would see it in another perspective. We are a constitutional monarchy, see. We have the endowed right to vote our leaders, a right granted by a constitution proclaimed by the Emperor, our emperor, the Valaran Emperor. I bet this is beginning to confuse those who are planning to become Viridisians.

This constitutional monarchy is ceremonial, unlike in Ghant where the monarch has several prerogatives to determine government. So they are quasi-executive, in my opinion.

Now, now: We had enough of IMMBC specials on the Imperial Family and anything else with "Imperial" or "Royal" stuck in its name. Be honest. We've got tired of hand-kissing and so we go rid of it, we got tired of watching politicians singing the Imperial Anthem on Channel Four, and we are still considering the thought of letting go of the Valaran monarchy. Sad, sad, I know.

At first I was studying Vannosian politics so that we could share it with the rest of the country who is still on at at eleven o'clock in Sunday nights. I was bothered. I'm quite intimidated with the Purple Banana's headlines on Vacek and her ordeal with the Vannosian people. 'Dickhead raped by gay BDSM enthusiasts after insulting Vannosian royal granny.' That's kind of long for a headline, let alone for a tabloid, but it's the Purple Banana. The sky's the limit for them, heaven or hell I would say. But if you want to speak you're mind you have to fucking say. Do not restrain yourselves, ladies and gentlemen. Fear not. After all, we live in one of the greatest democracies on Ixnay. One of the greatest republics, soon to be that is. We are a proud nation of 65 million. Happy Viridisian's Day, we've enjoyed 24 years of independence. And we have had the pleasure of looking out to see other countries. It has become the habit of most of us, including me, to criticize other people except ourselves. What about Edric Skaran III, Prince William and Sven? Tonight, we will now begin a century of Valaran dominion in comparison to other entities at the time that were also ruled and reigned by monarchy."

- Alexem Karn's Sunday Tonight, last night at The Viridisian Channel 6.

ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

Mandest Luean Yinosop (
@Timitimoty)
July 4, 2025, 6:19:42 PM | The Imperial State of Viridisolum

The Imperial State of Viridisolum, we are a humble group of islands linking the Omnium Sea, Audonian Sea, and the Sea of Crowns. These islands have been sovereign and free for 24 years and next year we will celebrate 25 years of peace and harmony as a nation. At first we were a band of settlers, pilgrims from what was once one of the vast empires on this Earth. Thanks to Andulur Helar, we have discovered the islands of Ahnsem, prominently Halygenreland or as it is commonly known Saintsland, the land that composes most of the National Subdivision of Central Viridisolum. He first graced these lands with the Imperial Banner of Valaran in 1584. Helar left for Valaran and came back in two years to plant the Christian cross beside the streaming Cajeri River, proclaiming "May God Bring His Glory to Valaran." From then on, Halygenreland was taken as Emperor Vilfred II's territory. Helar established four trading settlement later on. Upon hearing the discovery of the South Audonian Islands, which Valaran staked for claim, Lord Dankeiran wanted to be of service to his king and country. And to do so he sent 135 men, women, and children to the Halygenreland settlements. These four settlements stand on present-day Furiste, Central Viridisolum. Dankeiran was very determined to gain the favour of Vilfred's imperial person. He then established the colonies of Port Imperial, Erest, Wereka, Ishter, and Ajkanit. The settlements on Central Viridisolum officially became known as "Viridisia" in accordance with the 131st Decree of Emperor Magnus IX in 1668, a name proposed by renowned Valaran statesman Abemel Grosk, the first High Governor of Viridisia. Within the 17th Century and onward, Valaran Viridisolum expanded until the rest of the South Audonian Islands were under the colours of Cerulean blue and black. Other colonial presence were pushed out or dealt with peacefully.

We all deeply believed to be Valaran until 1933 when our curiosity for the possibility of statehood erupted from our minds. The Imperial Proclamation of 1933 granted self-governance to His Imperial Majesty's Province of Viridisia. The foundations of a nation were laid down unconsciously by the Valaran Imperial Parliament. Then came the eternal moment of Viridisian history, the last and 47th High Governor of Viridisia, Lord Christian de sol Biarn, read a copy of the Imperial Proclamation of 1953 to the citizens of Imperial Henstrakon and those who were visiting the national capital from a balcony on the East Wing of the Palace of Viridisians. The Valaran Imperial Banner survives this revolutionary development. It is then when Viridisia became Viridisolum, a free imperial state, a dominion within the Valaran Empire's influence and imperial power. Emperor Vilfred-Magnus V, who represented an era of gold now represented an era of the beginning of a fall. The Valaran Empire has lost control over Valaran South Plata, the Democratic State of Da'klaweldi, and the Kingdom of Globus, notable two of many other entities of the empire in the world.

Viridisian institutions representing and possessing likeness of anything Valaran is nothing more but imperial decorations belonging to the Valaran Empire to bear their shame for losses in the colonial game.

Instead of tackling other monarchies in the region so early in this article as it was done by fellow Viridisian republicans on IMMBC, let us start with how Viridisian government works. Well, who is our head of state? According to IMMBC's online poll, 14 percent believes that the Prime Minister is the Viridisian head of state. This fact only exists on the orgasmic fantasies of Viridisian nationalist republicans. 22 percent had no idea. The rest knows that the Emperor of Valaran is the Viridisan head of state. The reigning monarch presently is Edric Skaran III, a young man who lives across regions in a faraway castle, far, far away. No wonder why he visits Viridisolum after a decade interval. To those unaware, to become a Viridisian one must swear a declaration of loyalty to the Emperor. We also must swear a declaration to affirm our loyalty to the Emperor to become a government official.

Before in my father's days, the Oath of Affirmation was recited once in a week, school events, or in academic and national celebrations. This practice was ended by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Department of Education in October 11, 1975 at the advice of Emperor Alphonse IV's Privy Council that deemed the practice "thorns on Valaran decolonization in Viridisolum." This only affects national subdivisions, not any of the member states of Viridisolum who have ignored the issue.

His Imperial Majesty's Government in Viridisolum - Ministry of World Affairs | To Be Green And Land: "Several schools, member states and state legislatures recite the Affirmation of Allegiance at the start of the day in morning assemblies followed by the singing of the National Anthems: 'The People's Anthem' and 'The Imperial Anthem.'"

The Imperial Proclamation of 1953: a. I, (first name, last name), declare and solemnly swear my oath of allegiance, that I will be faithful and loyal to His (or Her) Imperial Majesty (the name and titles - specifically those which distinguishes gender - of the Imperial Sovereign, and so: Edric Skaran III of the Valaran Empire, Viridisolum, and Of His Other Realms and Possessions Across the Seas and Continents, Emperor, King of the Valaran and North Minean People,) Leader of the Commonwealth Union of Allied and Associated States; His (or Her) Heirs and Successors in accordance with Viridisian law (the titles of, and exclusively for, state officers and servicemen: as TITLE).

b. I, (first name, last name), affirm my declaration and solemn swear of fealty, that I will be faithful and loyal to His (or Her) Imperial Majesty (the name and titles - specifically those which distinguishes gender - of the Imperial Sovereign, and so: Edric Skaran III of the Valaran Empire, Viridisolum, and Of His Other Realms and Possessions Across the Seas and Continents, Emperor, King of the Valaran and North Minean People,) Leader of the Commonwealth Union of Allied and Associated States; His Heirs and Successors in accordance with the law (the titles of, and exclusively for, state officers and servicemen: as TITLE).

Since the Emperor cannot always be in business physically in this country his person has an embodiment, in Carlesia House, charged by the constitution to represent the Monarchy on a confederate level and is tasked to perform the duties of the Emperor in his absence. This person is the Grand Secretary, a position currently held by Lord Albright Maximillian de sol Hoffenir. In our government, nothing happens without the word of His Excellency the Grand Secretary. Bills that have been passed in the legislature to become a law need the signature of His Excellency, elections are commenced by His Excellency, and war or peace cannot be achieved unless he wants to. Thankfully, we are a democracy and he cannot perform his duties without the say so of the Prime Minister, incumbent Miroslav Zakhar. A parliamentary democracy nevertheless, our prime minister was not voted into power through popular election as it is done in most democracies. He was merely voted a member of parliament. He is prime minister because he is the leader of the prominent party in the ruling coalition, the Liberal Party of Viridisolum. So he could be replaced by the party anytime regardless of our opinion. The Office of Prime Minister may seem to be ultimately powerful. Sadly for him, the Grand Secretary is not completely powerless against him in times when the prime minister is at fault. His Excellency can swiftly kick him out of office by dismissing him from prime ministry dissolving parliament following a vote of no confidence in which parliament must declare they support or opposition to the ruling party or coalition. Then general elections will come to pass. Or the Grand Secretary can simply ask another party or coalition to lead national government if they have the confidence of the Confederate Assembly, Viridisolum's lower house in its legislature.

A constitutional monarchy is a form of government in which a monarch is restrained by a legislature, legal code, or tradition. Most would immediately say that it is a form of parliamentary democracy where parliament is supreme and the monarch is as good as any other do-good popular, social celebrity environmentalist. This is not always true.

In the Grand Kingdom of Axionnes, their constitutional monarchy is quite similar to Viridisolum's. There is one that stands significant enough; a legal aspect that contradicts similarity between them and the Nation: "Lèse majesté" or "violation of majesty" in simple terms. In Axionnes, those who committed this violation face monetary and penal sentences. On the bright side, these are not overbearing unless you are poor or that you do not wish to face humiliation.

The Axiench Monarch's reserve powers to refuse bills from passing into law as it should, to appoint men of judicial authority, and to initiate referendums are not much to tackle with. Instead it is the Axiench Monarchy's contemporary past. King Charles-Amédée and monarchs before successfully suppressed calls for more freedom and democracy for the benefit of their time, not for the time that will come after theirs. The December Crisis of 1979 was a blessing for Axiench reformists as it hinted a weakness in the Monarchy's supposed power. Charles-Amédée abdicated and Vercingétorix became King. His early reign attempted to do what his predecessors have done, only to bring about long-awaited change in Axiench politics. In the aftermath of Vercingétorix's decision to dismiss the national government led by Prime Minister Eduard Carhaix, a known supporter of an Axiench republic, and appoint his place absolutist Alphonse Chautemps, Vercingétorix's father-in-law, led to a series of unfortunate events. These events were the Vivéron Metro Bombings, Londres Palace Attack, 1980 Student Protests, and an attempt to end Vercingétorix's life in the first few months of 1981. Vercingétorix, who may have been threatened with these events, initiated a referendum whether there would be reforms in Axiench democracy and constitution or not. The former was favoured by nearly everybody in the country and elections came the following year that moved Chautemps, and almost every radical traditionalist that towed behind him in parliament, out of power following the victory of Vincent Auriol and his liberals.

National Factbook of Axionnes: In the 1981 Constitution, the king lost the ability to dismiss and appoint governments. In 1987, the king lost the ability to veto constitutional changes, as well as the ability to draw new borders for constituencies; which kings rarely used anyways.

While this seemed to have ended well this was only one of many constitutional monarchies that coexists in the modern world, the very world that this institution tried to destroy from its conception for the sake of survival. Ironically, they live in jubilant extravagance thanks to the times we live in today, the adoration of their peoples for their "achievements in furthering democracy."

The Empire of Azura and Montemayor, a leading power in Ixnay, is also a constitutional monarchy. Its monarchy is one of the oldest in the region, having a dynasty that lasted since 1199 BC. 36 of its dynasty have ruled over Azura and Montemayor. But before Azura and Montemayor, there was only the Kingdom of Azura and the Kingdom of Montemayor. Artur I Doležal was the Azuran sovereign and Viktória X Havlíček was the Montemayori sovereign, they were married. Their death led to a supposed personal union led by Azura but the union ended with unification of the two kingdoms under Erik, the first not only by name but of the Azuran and Montemayori Empire as well. Progress for democracy in the country was insignificant, effectively useless, prior to the reign of Emperor Boleslav VII who was progressive to allow his subjects self-determination, propelled by the factor of him being amongst the common folk in his youth. May it be considered that his outward behaviour to his people generous, generous in all but mind. He is well aware that giving more power to the people would spell downfall to the reins of government he holds with determination. Unexpectedly, in 1834, Boleslav gave permission to allow the establishment of an advisory body known as the "Citizen's Council." The young form of the Parliament of Azura and Montemayor. The sovereigns that came after Boleslav surprisingly made no attempt to curtail the growing development of a parliamentary system in the country. Most of the Azuran and Montemayori Emperor's prerogatives and rights were endowed to the people, for parliamentary supremacy. Yet he holds performances still significant to the country's politics such as issuance of executive orders that are to be reviewed by the judiciary, to determine several departments and agencies within the executive branch, to declare a state of emergency under warrant, and to impose martial law under warrant. In any of these two circumstances the constitution is effectively suspended and the Azuran and Montemayori Monarchy rules free of bounds. Even after these circumstances, whatever the Emperor has done would not be tried in the legislative or judicial branches. He runs withholding no worries. The Emperor determines whoever would be a cabinet minister, regardless of what the legislature says. He may be obligated accept an elected prime minister as head of government but he has a say on who will be working with the prime minister. The Emperor is not obligated to give assent to legislation pending to become law.

Drahoslav III, the reigning Azuran and Montemayori Emperor Drahoslav III's father, declared war on the United Socialist States of Wukatia. Wukatia was a sovereign state above the Grand Kingdom of Axionnes. Its people were known to have an aggressive knack for Azurans and Montemayoris. So aggressive that one of them tried to murder an Azuran and Montemayori cabinet minister. A war came about after this incident. An incident I would say not worth the life of one in exchange for the sovereignty of thousands, let alone an attempt to kill for an invasion, a war that was never taken review, even after the conflict. The only solution was annexation they said after attempting to establish a government that would "go-along" with Azura and Montemayor. The Wukatians still opposed them heavily to which the Emperor suppressed with no consideration of mercy.

Monarchies still remain as a reminder of a grand and glorious history, fabricated perhaps to serve the prestige of monarchs and those who lived and living to support it. True as it is told maybe. We cannot deny however what has been known after it has become clear.

More Leading Articles
  • Former Prime Minister Han Ralmur Dead At 65 350,323 views
  • Viridisian Republic Is Coming After Edric Skaran III 323,522 views
  • Viridisian Consulate In Somani City Now An Embassy 228,686 views
  • Hiburnian Refugees Welcome In Irovasdra 106,326 views
  • Dramanagh In Flames As Latin Imperials March In 84,379 views

Image Comments [ 1748 ] | Image E-mail

1,748 comments

REPLY LIKE | DISLIKE

Comments:

Comments

By The Real Stephen Colbert1570 - 8 mins Ago

Didn't the League of Nations took any notice of Azura and Montemayor's invasion of Wukatia? An attempt on some government dude's life ain't enough for annexatiosn. I wonder then if I stole some bread form the pantry of their emperor, would they send a batallion of tanks on my country? How low have these people gone. This worst than what radical Muslims use as Caucasus beli against Christianity. Really mature of Azurans and Montemayorans.

10 Likes | 7 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By NickyPink42 - 10 mins Ago

We have many things to be worried about besides a bunch of crowns and castles nowadays. IMMBC should drop its political views and just report like they used to do. These articles are one of the things that bothers me today.

29 Likes | 20 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By AnonymousViridisolumXVI - 16 min Ago

Don't click Read more
░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
You are a rebel, i like you

41 Likes | 9 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies
Last edited by Viridisolum on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Viridisolum
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:16 am

OFFICIAL GAZZETE OF THE SOUTH AUDONIAN ISLANDS
VIRIDISOLUM

ImageGovernment Palace
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

On this, the 10th Day of July in the Year of Our Lord Twenty Thousand Twenty Five the Right Honourable Miroslav Chernikov Zakhar , Prime Minister of Viridisolum and Chairman of the Imperial Council of Ministers, has asked Chairman of the Imperial Privy Council for Viridisolum the Most Honourable Aristarko Alred Reinhart, Imperial House Head Walstan-Aethelhun Thomas Unceta-Barrenechea, and His Excellency Lord Albright Maximillian de sol Hoffenir, Grand Secretary of Viridisolum to task national and international mass media firms in immediate distribution of this document.

OFFICE OF THE AMBASSADOR TO THE SOMANI PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC FOR HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY'S GOVERNMENT IN VIRIDISOLUM

Embassy of Viridisolum
Official Correspondence
and
Public Affairs Office

His Imperial Majesty Edric Skaran III
In Right of Viridisolum
Present this imperial writ of sovereignly recognition
To

The Somani People's Republic

We, the People of Viridisolum, understand the hardships that the Somani people have done and committed for their righteous cause that led them to achieve freedom, from the bounds once held against them by the Parliamentary Republic of Vieux, in the manner peace and, above all, self-determination.

We praise the efforts of every Somani in achieving their sovereignty without bloodshed or aggressive measure, from those who lost their lives for the cause and for those who worked without end in order to see their people finally free.

We condemn the unspeakable acts committed by those, amongst the Somani and Vieuxian people, in opposition and in support of the movement for Somani independence. No matter the circumstances, to kill and degrade man for such as a cause as this the former and the latter is an act against humanity.

We congratulate the Parliamentary Republic of Vieux for providing a democratic solution to the question of the Somani nation. A remarkable act and a distinguishing mark of another great democracy in Ixnay.

We acknowledge the independence of the people of Somani that has been accomplished through means both legitimate and celebrated, an accomplishment that Viridisolum has sustained for nearly 25 years to keep in the minds of the generation today and tomorrow.

Now and forever, Viridisolum, the Valaran Empire, and the rest of the Commonwealth Union of Allied and Associated States do recognize the sovereignty of the people of Somani.
Last edited by Viridisolum on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Viridisolum
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:23 am

VIRIDISOLUM

ImageGovernment Palace

On this, the twenty-ninth day of November in the year of Our Lord Twenty Thousand Twenty-Five the Right Honourable Miroslav Chernikov Zakharovich, Prime Minister of Viridisolum and Chairman of the Imperial Council of Ministers, has asked Commissioner Sundar Om of the Viridisian Imperial Commission on Elections and His Excellency the Grand Secretary to task national and international mass media firms in immediate distribution of this document.

THE VIRIDISIAN OFFICE OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR EDRIC SKARAN III

Government Palace Official Correspondence and Public Affairs Office

PROCLAMATION
OF THE EMPEROR IN RIGHT OF
VIRIDISOLUM
ON THE COMMENCEMENT OF GENERAL ELECTIONS

Edric Skaran III of the Valaran Empire, Viridisolum, and Of His Other Realms and Possessions Across the Seas and Continents, Emperor, King of the Valaran and South Audonian Islands People, Leader of the Valaran Commonwealth Union of Allied and Associated States.

To Our Most Honourable and Most Devoted State Councilmen and women in Viridisolum and members elected to represent the will of the Peoples of Viridisolum by serving in the Confederate Assembly of Viridisolum, and to all those who are present in the Greater State Throne Room of Confederation Legislature Building who also may be in concern.

Our Imperial Majesty in Right of the Imperial State of Viridisolum at the advice of Our Most Honourable Members of Our Privy Council in Viridisolum do hereby prorogue the Confederate Legislature in preparation for the dissolution of the Confederate Legislature on the Second of December, in this Year of Our Lord. All members of the Confederate Legislature will no longer be needed to come to the Confederation Legislature Building to attend state business. The chambers of the State Council and the Confederate Assembly will be restricted from being used and accessed and shall be secured by Our Imperial Guardsmen. The Imperial Regalia will be transported back to Government Palace and the Standard of the Confederate Legislature will be replaced by the Imperial Standard to fly in the State Flag Bearer atop Henstrakon Tower.

The following statutes will be passed in the next Confederate Legislature:

1. Legislation Act 3 of 2025, Our Imperial Majesty wishes it.
  2. Legislation Act 4 of 2025, Our Imperial Majesty wishes it.
  3. Legislation Act 7 of 2025, Our Imperial Majesty wishes it.
  4. Legislation Act 8 of 2025, Our Imperial Majesty wishes it.
  5. Legislation Act 13 of 2025, Our Imperial Majesty wishes it.
  6. Legislation Act 24 of 2025, Our Imperial Majesty wishes it.

It has been a mandate and Our Imperial Majesty's Government under the administration of Miroslav Chernikov Zakharovich of the Liberal Party of Viridisolum has passed statutes and initiated resolutions that have evidently benefited the nation. Another mandate passed and the Right Honourable Leader has reached a personal achievement of being the longest serving prime minister of Viridisolum, besides repeated success as the Nation reaped in the previous mandate. The administration although does not wish to blind the people of only what they have done that led to good but is asking forgiveness for our government's inefficiency and failure in promises pledged to fulfil, striving for trust once more in their hope for victory to gain yet another mandate. This mandate under the Liberal Party however will no longer be led by the Right Honourable Leader following his announcement to retire in the service of Our Imperial Majesty. The Right Honourable Leader has been invited to Castra Novum for a final audience with Our Most Gracious Sovereign.

Legislation Act 1 of 2021 or the "New Viridisolum Act" which ended the complicated organization of government bureaucracy, undefined and inefficient government correspondence with greater and lesser governing bodies, and excessive governmental ministries, departments, commissions, and bureaus and so forth. This broke down the confusion of many Viridisians about Viridisian bureaucracy finally ending the "Great Viridisian Bureaucratic Hysteria." This massive bureaucratic gridlock has caused countless losses to every government policy centred on domestic affairs, putting forward a door wide open to the efforts in prevailing graft, corruption, and crime for 22 years in Viridisolum. A door in which Our Imperial Majesty's Will have seen and now under lock and key.

Legislation Act 2 of 2021 or the "Rural Development Amendment Act" will expand government grants to rural businesses in the countryside to reaffirm the importance of agriculture in Viridisolum besides its initial purpose to protect and preserve the constant trend of its stability and existence as one of the leading aspects that makes the Nation green and prosperous. No longer a remembrance of the two-year economic recession that combated its effects and defended those who were affected.

Our Imperial Majesty's Government has repealed last month Legislation Act 3 of 2015 or the "Small Business Investment Scheme Act" that gave tax breaks to businessmen who invest on small start-up companies in the country which had encouraged economic growth and stimulation. Along with it a program of government grants given preferentially to small businesses. This "helped to combat the Nation's ongoing recession and millions of self-employed Viridisians affected" 10 years ago. This no longer decreases unemployment nor does it improve economic situations. It was designed for a two-year economic recession which eventually came to an end. Legislation Act 3 of 2015 has only been a distortion in the Viridisian market for five years.

Our Imperial Majesty's Government intends to further increase the role in which the Viridisian Liberal Party has endeavored to attain, a responsible role in regional geopolitics. And to do so, our government has participated in the League of Nations trying hoping that nations would see other nations new and old wanting to exist in peace only to be bombarded with hatred out of either bashful patriotism or ignorance, two reasons that are on the lead in the grand wondering of why in politics. The exertion of our abilities to enlarge the progress of globalization has proven fruitful yet we have yet to come in its happy state where the world sees significance in its differences no more . Recently, one of these attempts were the Permanent Mission of Viridisolum to the League of Nations' conception of L#6 - Committee on Colonial Territories. "A motion to create a League of Nations Regulatory Committee on Non-Governing and Self-Governing Territories" that is "aware of the determination of peoples who want to be treated fairly as their fellow countrymen in their respective metropoles." And so it "recognizes the right of peoples living in the domain of colonial territories to possess the rights of their countrymen in their respective metropoles," "acknowledges the efforts of peoples living in the domain of colonial territories for independence, autonomy, and good colonial government," and that it encourages the administration of metropoles "that have yet to achieve stability and prosperity in their respective territories overseas to continue efforts to do so. "Believing that fulfillment of the striving possibility of harmony between peoples in colonial territories and their metropoles will end all of their conflicts between themselves to achieve the feeling of a commonality in order for those in colonial states and in their mother countries to be united." We are not to be afraid "conscious of the need for change that would benefit the colonial peoples in varying overseas territories in Ixnay and of their respective administering states."

Our Imperial Majesty's Government's concern on colonial possessions and its peoples does not end there. Our government has presented to the Government of the Somani People's Republic an imperial writ of "sovereignly recognition" that reaffirmed Viridisolum's stand on the question of Somani sovereignty, answering that we do indeed stand absolutely in favour of the Somani nation. We ourselves were a colonial possession and our democratic will and pleasure should not be limited for all South Audonians formerly under the Valaran Empire. For the first time in 24 years Viridisolum holds the hand of another country in solidarity for the sake of all those who seek freedom, a right that should not be denied to those who seek it so as long as it is righteous.

Motions and questions made in the Thirty-Second Confederate Legislature that has yet to be concluded will no longer progress further.

By Our Imperial Majesty's Will, the Confederate Legislature stands prorogued.

God save our Sovereign."
Last edited by Viridisolum on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 am, edited 8 times in total.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Bergstein News

A terrorist attack; stopped just in the minute's notice.

Helena Colman (@H_Colman)
Thursday, August 1, 2025 | 08:02 | Bergstein, Slakonian

Polizei personnel break into terrorists homes, footage from major Violet community.

For months now, civil uprising & disobedience plagues the province of Gaelonia with spillovers threatening distant nations such as Slakonian where the Gaelic seperatists find sympathizers among minorities with strong anti-Slakonian sentiment. The most promiment of such groups is; the adherents of Violet from mixed immigrant ancestry that the only common thing they have is: their religion.

Almost a week before, Slakonian authorities witnessed through footage to the Heku-Slakonian border the entry of a prominent figure of the GSB terrorist group(recently categorized as such by the Ministry of Internal Security & Law Enforcement): Gabriel Blaucynn entering the country. After the Polizei & the secret services being on his trail all this time after taking the warrant to do such an action.

Blaucynn met with High Priest Giovanni zi Tellerman & three other important people, planning attacks in Slakonian soil & frame the Latin secret services for trying to frame(literally) the GSB and lead to war against the two countries. Police broke into the safe-house & found the plans but not before the ringleaders destroying a significant portion of it(the documents have been considered unfortunately non-recoverable).

The Ministry of Internal Security & Law Enforcement have taken the helm on "dismantling the terrorist network" comment Police Sergeant Arthur Yarwyck and all those behind suck attacks. The Polizei says that an attack could have been hours away if the security forces hadn't broken into the hideout. Which attack could have led into a expensive & bloody war between two countries. Gabriel Blaucynn will be extradited to the Latin authorities in order to be interrogated by them while his aides will "try their luck" with handsome gentlemen of the Ministry of Internal Security.

Fierce resistance has occured against the authorities in many Violet communities where investigations are occuring either expressing anti-Slakonian sentiment or support towards the High Priest who consider him a hero for "stepping up against the Slakonian & Latin filth". Many people seemed concerned due most of the adherents of Violet consider themselves as part of the most radical forms of the faith, the only true faith. Anti-immigrant groups are fighting against human-rights groups over the topic: Should they be deported?

The Lord Chancellor; Dragan Mesic has expressed that the Latin Empire has found an ally against the terrorists of GSB: the Social Convist State of Slakonian. In the following days the world will wait(not sure if they would want or not) the Slakonian involvement on the War of Terror.

More from Bergstein News
  • Adiyyistani Civil War intensifies. [ 188,117 views ]
  • Blood on the Forest # 3: A Day near the Border [ 5,100,002 views ]
  • Saint Patrick's City festival had more attendats this year. [ 812,791 views ]
    Image Comments [ 272 ] | Image E-mail
    © Begstein News 2015

Image 235 comments

Bergstein_Tiger072 · 43 seconds ago
@Violet_the_Goddess, your "Goddess" can kiss the Polizei's boots.

9696 up · 302 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

Violet_the_Goddess · 1 minute ago
Burn those motherfuckers...... :twisted:

12 up · 59 down

OneGallonia · 4 minutes ago
Down with the Latins

35 up · 37 down
Last edited by Slakonian on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

Viridisolum
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:58 am

VIRIDISOLUM

ImageGovernment Palace

On this, the Second Day of December in the Year of Our Lord Twenty Thousand Twenty-Five the Right Honourable Miroslav Chernikov Zakharovich, Prime Minister of Viridisolum and Chairman of the Confederate Council of Ministers, has asked Commissioner Sundar Om of the Viridisian Imperial Commission on the General Elections and His Excellency the Grand Secretary to task national and international mass media firms in immediate distribution of this document.

THE VIRIDISIAN OFFICE OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR EDRIC SKARAN III

Government Palace Official Correspondence and Public Affairs Office

PROCLAMATION
OF THE EMPEROR IN RIGHT OF
VIRIDISOLUM
ON THE COMMENCEMENT OF GENERAL ELECTIONS

Edric Skaran III of Viridisolum, Valaran and Of His Other Realms and Possessions Across the Seas and Continents, Emperor, King of the Valaran and South Audonian Islands People, Leader of the Commonwealth Union of Allied and Associated States.

To Our Most Honourable and Most Devoted State Councilmen and women in Viridisolum and members elected to represent the will of the Peoples of Viridisolum by serving in the Confederate Assembly of Viridisolum, and to all those who are present in the Greater State Throne Room of Confederation Legislature Building who also may be in concern.

Our Imperial Majesty in Right of the states of South Audonian Islands at the advice of Our Most Honourable Members of Our Privy Council for Viridisolum do hereby dissolve the Confederate Legislature following the prorogation of the Legislature on the Twenty Ninth of November last Saterdager, in the Year of Our Lord Twenty Thousand Fifteen in preparation for the general elections of the new Confederate Legislature on the day after this Tirsedager day, in this Year of Our Lord. All members of the Confederate Legislature will no longer be needed to attend state business.

We now then publish this Our Imperial Proclamation in order for it to be known to Our Most Loyal Subjects Our Imperial Will and Pleasure to call a new Confederate Legislature.

We declare, at the advice of Our Privy Council in the name of other advisory councils to their respective authorities, to issue out the writs of election. We call for all heads of subdivisional and state government to issue the writs in their right.

In attestation of which, we will have this proclamation to be made evident and the Great Seal of Viridisian Confederate State to be affixed on this document.

Witnessed by the Grand Master of Our Confederate Order of Viridisolum, Grand Master and Commander of Our Order of Confederate Military Merit in Viridisolum, Grand Master and Commander of Our Order of Merit of the Confederate Police Forces in Viridisolum, Grand Secretary and Deputy Commander-in-Chief of Viridisolum; the Fifth Deputy Chairman of the Imperial Privy Council for Viridisolum, Chairman of the Confederate Council of Ministers, the Prime Minister of Viridisolum the Right Honourable Miroslav Chernikov; the Members of the Thirty-Second Confederate Legislature and visiting observers at the Greater State Throne Room.

At Our Imperial Government Palace, in the Keijizeresled Bayensbard of His Imperial Majesty Vilfred-Magnus V, the First Imperial Sovereign of His Viridisian name and the Seventy Sixth of His Valaran name, the City of Imperial Henstrakon, in the eleventh year of Our Reign.

Long Live The Emperor

Peace, Prosperity, And Happiness To Viridisolum."
Last edited by Viridisolum on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:06 pm

MASSACRE IN ZAIDAO
The Orolkishi town of Tepashashar burning down

ZAIDAOZIBEN: Old ethnic tensions reignite rather literally in Zaidao in a brutal massacre by the barbarian profligate group called the Zaidao desiya vimeacana gruppi or ZDVG. Once their foul language is translated into Akai it means the Zaidao national liberation group, and it should be noted this group is unrelated to the Zaidao Akai Liberation Front (ZAJZ) in the republic of Zaidoese, the true liberators of the oppressed Akai in the puppet nation’s territory. The ZDVG in participation with an unidentified group of Ziyou who destroyed a large sections of the town with many lorries which carried particularly large explosive devices. This wiped out a large section of the settlement and left it particularly barren and littered with bodies. Then it seems that a systematic armed attack by armed combatants overwhelmed the poorly equipped local police force and began to slowly find and gather all people in the town and began to systematically kill them all, through a variety of means. Stomach guttings with machetes, shootings, burnings.

5,235 people dead.

Now an entire population of a small village lies dead thanks to these barbarians.

His perfection, Ditor Hulang I Lazin in a rare public appearance in Xuanjing-00 today to address the nation in this time.

“Brothers, sisters. This is obviously a dark time for our family in Zaidao. Being faced with modern barbarians and their ilk is not one many of us and be comfortable with. We endured fires, the pains of a quiet war.

Now these fools do not know the power they are fighting against, to touch us is like to touch a basilisk - suicidal. We do not care about coming back out alive. We accept that reality now like you do. We will watch as your scum are wiped of the face of the earth. And you will not suffer long for those who incite our wrath tend not to survive long. Our vengeance shall be swift. Our justice shall be right. And our will be unstoppable.”

It got later announced in a press release that a combined operation of Riyeskosu, SIA Section 3 and the NPF have all announced deployments to the region, with a planned total of three divisions worth of troops being deployed in the area.

The development has been widely approved by the general public in Xuanjing and in Zaidao with many voicing their support. Only a small minority of deviants disapproved of this development, regarding them as “a knee jerk reaction,” something which is categorically incorrect.

The NPF in particular has made plans to strengthen the military presence, with Prince-Marshal Qiang Lazin commanding the operations in Zaidao with a planned increase over the next few months to facilitate the destruction of non-affiliated terror cells.

Also in the news:
  • BOG PMC records newly increased profits.
  • Unit Abyss reveals new plans for JFGW station
  • New ship design revealed

[blocktext]
KILL THEM ALL
Jiojiabubu 1 day/3 hours ago 50,690

@JiojiabubuGlory to the Ditorate!Iaja 0 days/17 hours ago 75

This comment was removed for violating Section 117b of the information regulation act - TheFredomWarrior 0 days/3 hours ago1230

HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Castellum ab Alba: As Latin forces began to circle the last remaining strongholds of the Hiburnian rebels and GSB terrorist elements, Consul of Vindóbona proclaimed an end to the “insurrection” and a “complete and total victory.” Currently, the Latin military occupies nearly all of Hiburnia, though the capital of the unrecognized Gelonian Republic in Cicutio has yet to be taken, and its leaders are yet to be captured. At the time of press, Latin forces were bombarding the mountain city of Cicutio.

Many expected the fighting between the Latin army and Gelonian forces to be a quick fight, but with the fighting continuing for nearly a year, many are calling for an end to the fighting on both sides. So far nearly 30,000 Latin servicemen and women have lost their lives in the fighting, and an estimated 22,000 Gelonian armed combatants dead. Polling in Latium shows an ever dropping support for the conflict, at a high 76% responding that the situation was severely mismanaged by the government and could have been avoided, but only a slim 9% of those placing that blame on the Emperor.

As the conflict is coming to an end, the question remains of what is to be done with Hiburnia, with the widespread destruction further complicating things, most notably in Drumanagh, the largest city in the area. Some in the Senate are calling for a return to the status quo and a new vote on the previous Hiburnian Autonomy Act. Others have pushed for a harsher stance, unwilling to acquiesce to allowing the Gelonians anything more than. And even fewer have begun to attempt to grow support for offering the Gelonian people a referendum vote for independence; but with the current state of the province and its weakened infrastructure, most note that independence may not be viable for a few years until the area is rebuilt.

The issue of a referendum also raises an important legal question of whether such a referendum may arise solely out of the Senate or if they must originate from the Emperor. The Consul noted that while "it is far to early to even bring up talk of any sort of referendum, any such action requires approval by and passage through the Senate." However, Imperial Offices claim the counterpoint that in "any such situation where a people's, province, etcetera wish to leave the Empire...assent for any such popular vote on the issue is required to come from the Emperor and Him alone.

Other Headlines:
*LHL Commissioner, and Drumanagh ownership confirm that defending champion Celtic Drumanagh HC will not play out the rest of the current season; hopes to resume play next season.
*Three senators defect from CDA to the Pompilian National Civic bloc.
Active Projects

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Ravenna: Following a number of unconfirmed reports from Port Royale and a number of military sources, the Emperor confirmed that the Crown Dependency was attacked at 8:10 this morning by the nation of Heku. "We have been betrayed," the Emperor at the opening of his address to an emergency session of the Senate. Emperor Jason Augustus went on to describe the attack. “In an unprovoked attack, members of the border patrol, customs and military were the target in what we can only suspect is the first wave to conquer Port Royale and the Urcean Territory of Ecinis.”

As silence fell over the Senate from the description of the events unfolding in Port Royale, the Emperor officially declared war against the nation of Heku including “any and all of her allies in this endeavor,” while also authorizing the Senate and Consul of Vindóbona to issue sanctions against Hekuvia, sanctions that place a hold on any ongoing business operations and contacts with Hekuvian businesses, among other actions. Sanctions will also be taken to the League of Nations Security Council. “Let it be known that we will use any arms at our disposal to defeat an aggressive invader such as the nation of Heku.” The declaration of war was unanimously approved by the Senate. The Emperor went onto say that he expects all members of the Levantia and Odoneru Treaty Association to “honor Article Two of the organizations charter…and support Latium against this hostile invading” force. “Our success has distracted us,” the Emperor neared the end of his address. “The events in Hiburnia have distracted us from true threats…but we are distracted no more.”

Following the Emperor’s address to the Senate, prominent members of the legislative body took questions from the press, most of whom are members of the current governing coalition. As expected many of the questions were directed towards Consul of Vindóbona, and the vote of nearly a year ago that rejected an early transfer of Port Royale to Hekuvia. “The Treaty of Alba Arbor clearly lays out that an early transfer is made possible…it does not state that a proposal for early transfer is required to be assented to by Latium,” Vindóbona told the press. She continued by saying that “of any reaction that could come from a legal rejection of early transfer, war is not one of them.” The aforementioned Treaty of Alba Arbor called for the transfer of Port Royale to Hekuvia by 2038, with early transfers enabled with equal compensation.

While the Emperor’s response to calling for war has been met with approval, the Consul’s numbers slide as the Senate’s rejection of early transfer was made under her direction. The Consul called those responses laughable, but was not available for comment following the unexpected end of the Senate press conferences.

In an Imperial Offices press conference, it was stated that military personnel were making their way south to Urcea, with fleets departing to the Julia Bay. Representatives of the Emperor made only brief comments on the war, and the current happenings in Hiburnia. “The Emperor has mandated that Hiburnia will remain under a military administration for the immediate future…with a number of possibilities as to what comes after that, all of which are on the table,” Imperial Chief of Staff Tatian told the press. The military administration of the island will, however, see some form of civilian oversight in the form of an appointed committee, and the appointment of Duke of An t-Àrd Ruigh as First Minister of said committee.

Other Headlines:
*Emperor issues executive action to provide funding aimed at rebuilding Hiburnia.
*Op-ed: "Don't be expected to see more than one LOTA member refuse the Article II call to arms."
*Ambassador to League of Nations to seek sanctions against Heku.
Active Projects

Viridisolum
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:59 am

International Mass Media
Broadcasting Corporation

Prime Minister Trapped By Regional Conundrum

32nd State Opening of the Legislature, Saturday August 1, 2020.
SOURCE: IMMBC Photographer Jordan Gerry Keit

The nations of Ixnay have gone mad. The Parliamentary Republic of Vieux had laid siege on a democracy that has even yet to last 12 months because the Somani government has chosen to prioritize its defenses and its armed affairs overseas, m aking themselves seem at fault and truly so to the Vieuxens. The Viridisian embassy in Somani City had opened their doors to those who wish for sanctuary out of mercy. His Imperial Majesty's Viridisian Ambassador to the Somanis placed the Viridisian foreign ministry and concerned governing entities to remain in stand by whether asylum would be offered. We've made sure that no Viridisian was harmed during the Vieuxen invasion of the Somani nation.

Then after war was declared by the Latin Emperor on the Hekuvians because of its aggression on Port Royale. Kiravians mobilized for war to defend the Latin Empire from the Hekuvian Imperium. Apollonis in turn declares war on Hekuvia. Shockingly, Kronata declares war on an entire alliance. The Azurans and Montemayoris smite a Vannoisian submarine and plunged the submersible warship into its watery grave. Finally and hopefully so, the Vieuxens have declared war on the Federal Socialist Republic of Baclów.

All this in a month and a half, a month and a half since the successor of Prime Minister Zakhar won the general elections. Thus was she appointed Prime Minister of Viridisolum. And the Right Honourable Leader has proven herself the Right 'Dishonourable' Leader. She has obviously failed to determine Viridisian foreign policy and has endangered the lives of our overseas citizens, especially those in the Somani Islands. The failure of Larenska in this regional conundrum not only exposed her weakness in geopolitics but it has shown that the Jiskadaryan has been trapped in the regional conundrum. And in these words I submit this motion of no confidence."

- Leader of His Imperial Majesty's Opposition Arata Henders' Jr. conclusion in his motion of no confidence against Prime Minister Elena Larenska.

Marco Kokei P. Samon (
@DoLittle2567)
Thursday February 19, 2026, 5:59:36 PM | The Imperial State of Viridisolum

Minister of World Affairs, Jack Ueda: Cabinet members have decided to remain impartial on the matter until the situation needs our attention. For now, since our country has no qualm with or against countries in conflict, we will strive to attain peace nonetheless without armed conflict or any sort of provocation to such conflict. We are trying to put forward a diplomatic solution that would end these conflicts. We cannot promise that this will happen, we can only promise our will and effort for this initiative to succeed.

His Imperial Majesty's Government in Viridisolum has kept the Nations' foreign policy of armed neutrality. War is still never an option, not only to Viridisian politics, but to the entire country. People say that we have no obligation to intervene in regional conflict with blood and iron, though Viridisian patriots are making attempts to throw away national policy on foreign affairs in order to "actually do something for Ixnay and for Viridisolum." Viridisian patriots were found to be "quite unusual" in this instance since they have long supported armed neutrality. The Imperial and Apostolic University of Viridisolum, Political Science Department studies has determined that Viridisian patriotism is shifting ideals on foreign affairs due to the consecutive regional turbulence that led to wars. This turbulence is expected to continue and it will certainly drag more countries into war. The turbulence might be strong enough to even pull the Nation to be involved. It may be too strong that it might cause an all-out regionwide war. This depends within the next three months if the Latin Empire achieves a cease-fire, organizes a peace plan, and negotiates a peace deal, which is highly unlikely according to the Henstrakon College of Political Study because of the war-mongering nature and vengeful tendencies of Ixnayan powers, most of who are involved. The Ixnayan geopolitical giants would not dare to turn back from a fight. They prepared for war, gathered national commitment, and are poised for victory one way or another.

This series of armed confrontation and retaliation originated from the First Chancellor of the Somani People's Republic Louis Wattan's decision to aid Kiravian militants for the Gelonian Republic. The Viridisian Republic stated in their November issue last year that the Somani First Chancellor made a "grave mistake" on his first move in foreign affairs. As a young country, a newly born democracy, he should have steered away from any intention of building up military forces to disrupt foreign dilemmas. While it may be the right of any sovereign nation, one should have not demonstrated that his country is capable of armed intervention overseas at the very least. Assisting Kiravian militants who may or may not be terrorists no less would stain the Somani People's hard won fight for freedom, and eventually its downfall if it does not change its way.

According to the Most Honourable Chancellor Ellaia Medor, Viridisian Privy Councillor and Chairwoman of the Viridisian Green Cross, former Prime Minister Miroslav Zakhar tried to advice First Chancellor Louis Wattan not to commit any weaponry or servicemen to the Gelonian Republic or to any other state and to focus instead on economic development, completely away from defence or military build-up. Prime Minister Zakhar proposed to simply employ law enforcement for the integrity of national sovereignty and the prevalence of peace and order. Prime Minister Zakhar wanted for the Government of the Somani People's Republic to direct less attention on its defence affairs for Somani Independence to seem peaceful and just as exactly as it was promised to be. If this approach would not be taken at any form, the Government of the Parliamentary Republic of Vieux would be pushed to take action. Prime Minister Zakhar's advice may have been noted but were effectively ignored.

No changes were done by First Chancellor Louis Wattan in his foreign policy on the Kiravian Federacy.

The Parliamentary Republic of Vieux was very keen on the new Somani nation, particularly Prime Minister Francois Sarkozy. They being keen are not without reason. They have all the reason to be concerned since the Somani people and its national patrimony was once Vieuxen that was determined in a plebiscite vote on the May of the year before. It would not have gone too bad for the Somanis if their government ignored temptation of playing in the geopolitics of black guns and red menace, the Vieuxens would only annoy the Somani nation with diplomatic slurs and condescending communiques. But no, the Somani Government was determined and so was the Vieuxen Government. Prime Minister Sarkozy on a morning made a national address. Prime Minister Zakhar was right. That morning the Vieuxen air forces were ordered by the Viexuan Government to conduct an air strike on Louis Wattan's official residence as First Chancellor. Somani military installations were expected to suffer the same fate. It was not clear although if this fate would fall upon as well to the rest of the country.

Leader of H.I.M. Opposition the Honourable Arata K. Henders Jr., son of former First Minister of the Orakan Islands Arata K. Henders Sr., has been referring to Vieuxen military assault on the Somani People's Republic as an "invasion" during parliamentary debates. Notably and very recently in his speech on the Official Viridisian Opposition's motion for a vote of no confidence against the ruling government yesterday, targeted on the Right Honourable Prime Minister Zaibana Larenska. Opposition Leader Henders believed that the airstrikes of the Republican Air Guard were just the beginning of a goal to occupy the Lafayette Islands. He is evidently wrong within the next month and a half.

The Vieuxen air forces conducted further air strikes across the Somani People's Republic until an entire block of residential area in Somani was levelled. A Viridisian family that composed of a single father and three children were injured but no Viridisians were lost in life. The family was taken into the Embassy of Viridisolum in Somani City, a surprising outcome for the scholars at Imperial Apostolic University Political Science and Henstrakon College Political.

Prime Minister Francois Sarkozky, November of 2025: The head of the illegitimate government currently ruling the Lafayette Islands, he has now taken it upon himself to export his type of brash idiocy and support violent uprisings elsewhere. Today, it is with the Gelonian people…Tomorrow he may be inciting violence in our neighbourhoods, in Audonian communities, and at our school. I warned Wattan and his cohorts that if he did not see reason, if he did not return to the path of sanity, then we would deal him a blow he could not recover from – One dished out at a time of our choosing, and in a manner of our preference.

This is only one of many conflicts in the region and the only one that has been resolved so far, in a manner to achieve such a result. Prime Minister Zaibana Larenska not only faces questions and dilemmas on whether to act or not, she also faces inquiries from human rights and decolonization groups regarding League of Nations Proposal Number Seven which has yet to be voted. Prime Minister Zakhar promised it would come to pass in five months’ time. It is now the second month and no news about the controversial L.O.N. proposal.

Mounting pressure from the general public on Prime Minister Larenska's policies on the regional clash within and the seemingly forgotten L.O.N. obligation has placed the Prime Minister in doubt. And so H.I.M. Opposition Leader Kenders Jr. along with the coalition and supporting parties have submitted to the People's Assembly a motion for no confidence on H.I.M. Government. The motion is under debate and political spectators are impartial on what will happen. They are just not sure if the Prime Minister could get through this or not. It all depends on her future decisions, initiatives, and acts. If she survives it would be miracle, if she does not it will be shocking, shocking alone that she would become the shortest prime minister who has ever served, currently held by Viscount Florant de sol Aviscem, 10th Prime Minister of Viridisolum, who served for five months and 14 days after losing his life to pulmonary tuberculosis.

Prime Minister Larenska is on an ongoing engagement with the 40th Aboriginal Congress of the South Audonian Islands in the Mercantile Principality of Jiskadarya. The Prime Minister said earlier today in her speech to the delegates of the 40th Aboriginal Congress that she, the ministers, and other officers of state are devoting their concern and abilities on the conflicts across the region to which she has collectively called the "Ixnayan Rapture." Her speech despite promising action as she had for the past month no longer affects public opinion as much as it should be. The populace has directed their eyes and ears on what is going in Ixnay.

In Imperial Henstrakon and Central Viridisolum, many would like to have Prime Minister Zakhar back in office as they believe it is he who will make this regional rapture clear and in the light for Viridisians to understand at last. Some would like to have another general election. Few wanted for Prime Minister Larenska booted out by the Viceroyalty at least or the Monarchy at most so H.I.M. Opposition Leader Henders Jr. will be appointed prime minister. To those who remain are apathetic to the situation so as long as their lives do not depend on it, that or they just do not care.

Viridisians could say that we have no concern over these things until several of our marine vessels were delayed from their journey in order to be inspected out of subversive suspicion.

This week, Vieuxen Republican Naval Guard had stopped eight marine vessels and steam ships. A 8,850 ton large freighter the SS Ocean Trader of South Audonian Shipping Lines, a 6,843 ton freighter the MV Matilda Noriko Barstey of Southern Trader Incorporated, another 6,843 freighter the MV Ahnton Onassis of Southern Trader Incorporated, an 8,430 ton refrigerator ship the MV Noriko of New Valaran Ocean Shipping, a 21,739 ton bulk goods freighter the MV Emperata of New Valaran Ocean Shipping, an 80,000 ton ocean liner the MV Orient of Lerand Cruise Lines, a 22,080 ton ocean liner the SS Our Lady Of The Sea of Transocean Passage Liners, and a 20,500 ton cargo ship the SS Baker of Lerand Sea Cargo Transport. Ships from Southern Trader, New Valaran Ocean Shipping, and Lerand were inbound for the Somani People's Republic. Ships from South Audionian Shipping and Transocean Passage Liners were inbound elsewhere.

Crew aboard cargo vessels and cruise ships were not afraid and calmly welcomed the Vieuxen servicemen but passengers aboard cruises were alarmed. Dozens sent complaints to the Viridisian Maritime Authority. While the ports of registry may be Viridisian, the VMA does not have any authority overseas unless circumstances unmentioned force them to have so. A moderate reception has on the matter has circulated around the Nation. Nevertheless it was not taken too seriously - especially in the Confederation Legislature Building.

Prime Minister Larenska's regional conundrum may look to be quite innocent at this moment to her or to those who support her but sooner or later she will have to take it head on.

Government Palace: The inspection performed by Vieuxen naval forces of Viridisian marine vessels and steamships this week were not unprecedented. This ministry's counterpart in the Parliamentary Republic of Vieux have notified His Imperial Majesty's Government, especially the Viridisian Maritime Authority, Viridisian National Board on Exports and Imports, the Ministry of Trade, and the Ministry of World Affairs, about their policy on international waters under the Vieuxen armed forces area of patrol. No trade was disrupted nor any life harmed or lost. We are resolute, since there is absolutely no reason, to not initiate any sort of response.

More Leading Articles
  • 48 Vieuxens Executed In Baclów; Baclów Black Listed 432,318 views
  • Vieuxen Prime Minister Declares War On Baclów 359,220 views
  • A Motion For Vote Of No Confidence At Parliamentary Hand 337,039 views
  • "Viridisian Service" On IMMBC Logo Phased Out 106,772 views
  • Upcoming Reforms On Bureaucracy By Liberal Coalition 76,664 views

Image Comments [ 1189 ] | Image E-mail

1,189 comments

REPLY LIKE | DISLIKE

Comments:

Comments

By The Real Stephen Colbert742 - 8 mins Ago

Viridisolum should send vforces overseas. We;'ve been dormant for a long while and I ain't wating for another long while. We didn't demonstrate our military might and the consequences? We're being rounded up by Vieuxian naval guard, even our cruise liners. Countries do not care about Viridisian foreign policy. We;ve been too week. Now we should show Ixnay what is really like to be a Viridisian soldier.

10 Likes | 7 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By Sakuukas4 - 10 mins Ago

Doesn't hurt me. Doesn't care. We should bother countries when they don't bother us. Besides, I hate to see my dad overseas fighting some war that we shouldn't be in the first palce.

29Likes | 15 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies

By Totallynotagovernmentclone245 - 16 min Ago

Girl: Do u even want to be with me forever?
Boy: No
Girl: Do u even like me?
Girl: Would u cry if i walked away?
She heard enough and was hurt... She walked away with tears in her eyes
The boy grabbed her arm
Boy: Your not pretty...your beautiful
Boy: I dont want to be with u forever...I need to be with u forever
Boy: I dont like u...I love u
Boy: I wouldn't cry if u walked away......I would die if u walked away.
Boy Whispers: Plz stay with me
Girl: I will...
*Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they loves u
*Something good will happen to u at 1-4pm
*Tomorrow it could be anywhere!!!
*Get ready for the shock of your life!
*If u dont post this to 5 other comments... You will have baD luck in relationships for the next 10 years

41 Likes | 9 Dislikes
Reply | Like | Dislike
Show Replies
Last edited by Viridisolum on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Le Citoyen

13 February 2026, Saint-Nazaire, the Vannoisian Empire
By Moïse Couvreur (@CouvreurMLC)

SAINT-NAZAIRE - The government of Prime Minister David Vasseur was devastated today as multiple cabinet ministers were arrested on charges of corruption in regards to the 2024 financial crisis and subsequent "suspect financial dealings" involving government corporations. The ministers and deputies that have been detained are listed as follows:

Deputy Prime Minister and First Secretary of State, Xavier Jacquinot
Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and President of the Board of Trade, Thibaut Saint-Simon
Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Antoine Peroché
Deputy Secretary of State for International Development, Jacqueline de Lors
Deputy Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, François Nelanée

The Prime Minister has announced that each and every one of the detained ministers and all of those who may be arrested in the coming days after this crackdown by the Direction générale de la sécurité intérieure, or DGSI, were to be fired with immediate effect from their jobs and new by-elections would take place for their parliamentary seats. The Chambre des Répresentants, of course, allows for the Prime Minister to remove any sitting MP from their post with a 2/3rds majority in said Chamber, and freely with the consent of the Emperor.

"Je suis dégoûté et horrifié par mes collègues actions. Je peux seulement espérer regagner la confiance du peuple de vote de l'Empire par le travail acharné, et grâce à la transparence élargi pour tous les membres de la fonction publique." [I am disgusted and horrified at my colleagues actions. I can only hope to regain the trust of the voting people of the Empire through continued hard work, and through expanded transparency for all members of the public service.]

As of printing, the approval rating of the current administration is pegged at about 60% and falling, a tumble of -14% from last month's polling.

In Other News
*Emperor reportedly directed DGSI to begin investigation into all government ministers just weeks before arrests
*Op-Ed: Why Vannois must give greater thought to whom it trusts with leadership
*2nd Home Fleet returns to port; may be dispatched east for exercisesv
Last edited by Leasath on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Malay

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Marchand to head Inquiry; "I'll get those [expletive]s!"

28 February 2026, Saint-Nazaire, the Vannoisian Empire
By Aurélien Chaney (@AChaney)

SAINT-NAZAIRE - Conservative icon and current Shadow Minister for Foreign and Ixnayan Affairs Clément Marchand has announced that he will be heading up an independent, UMP-based inquiry into recent scandals that have rocked both sides of the aisle in Parliament. The scandal, which has led to 3 ministers resignations and multiple other MPs of both UMP and PNL membership pools, apparently involved the laundering of money through insider trading with the benefit of the then-Secretary of State for Trade as well as the Secretary for the Interior.

Prime Minister David Vasseur's involvement or knowledge in the scheme is currently unknown, and Marchand is expected to present a report on the matter in concert with the other reports - namely those being compiled by the newly-led Ministry of the Interior and the Imperial Palace itself - within the month. Marchand, who is a well known conservative firebrand and the outside favorite to succeed current UMP leader Josseline Seyrès-Villepin should her efforts leading up to and including the 2029 general election fail, had many rather caustic words on the governments of Vasseur and Subercaseaux for allowing what has become an extremely widespread scandal;

"Quel que soit le [juron] idiots pensent qu'ils peuvent tromper notre nation, notre Empire - je vous le dis, vous êtes complète et totale [juron]. Je vais aller droit au bas de cette [juron] et je vous promets, citoyens de Vannois, que lorsque je fais, je vais personnellement avoir tous les sales député, ministre, et officielle démis de ses fonctions le plus tôt possible." [Whatever [expletive] idiots think they can fool our nation, our Empire - I say to you, you are complete and utter [expletive]. I will get straight to the bottom of this [expletive] and I promise you, citizens of Vannois, that when I do I will personally have every dirty MP, minister, and official removed from office ASAP.]

In Other News
*Saint-Simon, fmr. Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and President of the Board of Trade, to be charged with dozens of counts of fraud and possibly high treason due to his position as Board President
*Op-Ed: Maximilien Astier should return to politics alongside his daughter
*Vasseur: "There will be no more suspect individuals in my ministries."
Last edited by Leasath on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Malay

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Castellum: As the 2026 general election has come to a close, the results have continued to be surprising to pundits and politicians alike. As tracking took place during the election, polls were indicating that the newly formed National Civic Party would be earning massive gains at the cost of the Conservative and Catholic Democratic parties. But when the Imperial Electoral Commission announced the results, not many expected to see that Thomas Pompilius and the National Civics would earn 321 constituencies, and 41.4% of the popular vote share.

While many expected the Liberal Party to run away with the election, they only managed to hold 245 constituencies as the polls closed. Under the leadership of G. Atilius Lixandroiu, the party only earned 33.9% of the popular vote, a drop of 2% to the numbers former Consul Lepera earned in 2025, but with a much smaller share of seats in the Senate. Leader Atilius has since resigned from his post as Liberals leader, with many expecting Lepera to easily reclaim the role.

And while the National Civics earned massive gains, the Conservative and Imperial Party only managed to win 44 constituencies, compared to their 394 in 2025. Many attribute the loss to the party’s and Leader Sulpicia’s complacency when it came to following Consul Vindóbona’s failing policies. The party dropped 27% from their popular vote total of just a year ago to 7.7%.

Some other shocking results were the fiercely nationalist and right-wing Popular Social Party earning 9 seats. The PSP formed out of the former Sorrentian Popular Party, which saw its members ejected from the legislative body following a fight with members of the Gelonian National Party. The Levantian Union Party also gained 5 seats.

With the Liberty Union Party earning victories in 17 constituencies, many expected Leader Ateius and Pompilius to negotiate on the formation of a government. Together the parties hold 338 of the required 337 for a majority. While initial reports stated that Sulpicia reached out to Pompilius for coalition negotiations, Pompilius later publically claimed no desire to work with the Conservatives. “They have failed policies, we share little in ideology with them….there aren’t any set of circumstances where we would form a coalition with them.”

Hours later came the announcement that Pompilius and Ateius came to an agreement on the formation of a coalition government, after having spoken with the Emperor. The announcement stated that Ateius will hold the People's Tribunate, Antonia Tranio will become Curiate Tribune, and Aeneas Chryselios will serve as Century Tribune. Thomas Pompilius, son of former Consul Alexander Pompilius, will become the youngest person to become Consul when he is sworn in tomorrow at 29 years old.

Complete Election Results (Courtesy of the Imperial Electoral Commission)
National Civic Party - 321 (+237)
Liberal Party - 245 (-106)
Conservative and Imperial Party - 44 (-305)
Labor Party - 25 (-9)
Liberty Union Party - 17 (-1)
Popular Social Party - 9 (+9)
Levantian Union Party - 8 (+5)
Catholic Democratic Alliance - 3 (-65)
Peace and Freedom Party - 1 (-)

Other Headlines:
  • Gelonian National Party endorses Pompilius and National Civics, causing the party to sweep all Gelonian constituencies.
  • Bacon vodka flies off the shelves as famous distillery announces plans to alter 'secret ingredients.'
  • Pompilius announces plans for Gelonia, Uijikan War.
Active Projects

Wohvelgorod
Civilian

Founded: Jun 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wohvelgorod » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:28 am

National news of Wohvelgorod

The noble houses gather

Since his most honorable Archduke of Wohvelgorod, Basilius Meffini II passed away a month ago, the great dukes have been summoned to the capital to elect the new archduke among the nine Noble houses.
The election of a new archduke will mean probably changes in the future politics of Wohvelgorod.

Duke Fransiscus of House Machiaron has been the first one to claim his right for the throne of Wohvelgorod. Machiaronis have been known as the most Conservative and religious of the noble houses. Fransiscus' rise to the throne would mean a major setback in the struggle of LGBT and minor religious (protestant, atheist and muslim) communities in civil rights.

Other houses have yet to reveal their candidates for the throne.

In the other news, the weather has been promising for the coming week. Meteorologists have foreseen the week as mostly sunny with the temperatures being 30 degrees at highest point and 25 degrees at lowest.

That was all for this evening, we wish you a good start for weekend.

Pitsland
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pitsland » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Populi Concilum of Pitslamd I

Transcript of discussion of foreign policy:

Lord Protector of Pitshanger Black the Ripper: What you man saying (traditional Pitslander greating)

Lord Protector of St. Stephensshire O J Wally: I'm good man but we kind of do need to sit down and have a proper chat about how we're gonna deal with other countries

Lord Protector Big Dro of Templeswood: Well to be homest blud I think we need to approach this pragmatically. See what I'm saying is that we stay out of global affairs unless the situation is dire.

O J Wally: So you're proposing isolationsm then g?

Big Dro: Yeah.

Black the ripper: what about preventing ourselves from becoming a target?

Big Dro: Well if we just try to stay friendly with all nations and not pick sides while simultaneously joining forces with our neighbours against a greater threat or a pact of coopeeation with certain nations during wars.

Lord Protector of the Oaklands M Pex: I see wisdom to that but what of the possibility of expanding our cooperatives.

Lord Protector and Imam Amir al-Hashishi of Perivale: I agree we need to show the jakes (Pitslander vernacular for authoritarians).

Big Dro: The way our nation achieved this system was by random. The previous system totally collapsed into anarchy and the strongest faction which overcame all the other factions was us. However for most countries it will be a long and slow evolutionary process towards this model. Let us encourage that by encouraging mutual prosperity:

Black the Ripper: Ally (Pitslander vernacular for approval)

*some time later*

Lord Protector Hiltz Howes of Madeley: all in favour for enactment of a plebicite on if we should have a mutually cooperative relationship with our neighbours say aye.

*resounding aye*

Slakonian
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Mon May 01, 2017 5:45 am

Bergstein News

Successful Azi-Slako-Kommenori Joint-Military Exercise.

Friday, July 17, 2027| 06:47 | Kommenori

Kommenori.
The 35th Engineer Regiment recently deployed out to Kaimaktchala Training Area on exercise HECTOR’S RESPONSE.

Not only did the exercise test the Regiment’s readiness for possible future deployments with the engineers being put through various personal and equipment assessments it also provided an opportunity for them to foster closer ties with 203rd Tank Battalion(Kommenori unit based near Augusta), 1st Artillery Regiment, 9th Assault Helicopter Squadron and the Azikorian 8th Guard Brigade.

With 12 tanks from the 203rd joining the Engineers on the training area. where the Sappers demonstrated their impressive bridging capability by quickly deploying their tank launched bridges (also known as Assault Bridges) numbers 10, 11 and 12 which the allied tank crews crossed without hesitation under the cover of artillery fire.

For many watching the crossing this was first time they could recollect many units working together and represented a further example of the strengthening of the links between the Western League allies.

As part of his recent visit to Kommenori Major General Tomislav Urch, former commander of the Kommenori Force(The only binary division; which is in Kommenori), travelled to the training area to see 35th Engineer Regiment who has just completed their latest readiness training under the auspices of Exercise HECTOR’S RESPONSE.

After extensively overseeing the exercise and its outcomes, the Major General inspected the Regiment’s equipment stands taking time to converse with many of the younger soldiers as he did so. With the capability inspection complete the Engineers formed up to see the GOC present commendations to 3 soldiers from the Regiment (Private Boomstick, Staff Sergeant Polascki, Third Lieutenant Graham) for outstanding service to the Army and the Regiment.

The Major General concluded his visit by addressing the Regiment commending them on their readiness for any future potential deployments adding: “Everything I have seen here shows me everything and everybody is in a good place, the 35th Engineer Regiment has a really good feel of cohesiveness. Well done to you all for getting to where you are – stay focused, stay mentally and physically ready. Good job, well done.” .

More from Bergstein News
  • The Gazette; Slakonian's top TV Show numbers skyrocket, again. [ 8,562,674 views ]
  • Blood on the Forest # 13: A Day near the Border [ 4,919,472 views ]
  • 3 people injured in Bergstein Airport from escaped crazed 'super' cat. [ 812,791 views ]
    © Begstein News 2027

Image 235 comments

Josip Uttrecht · 7 minutes ago
Slakonians have an army?.

634 up · 784 down

The Jackal · 11 minutes ago
The fat-man wants to make Slakonian a rogue state, again.

3402 up · 5 down

Anonymous · 17 minutes ago
I'm just here to observe the flame wars in the comments once again.

78 up · 18 down
Last edited by Slakonian on Mon May 01, 2017 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:

Slakonian
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Mon May 01, 2017 8:19 am

Bergstein News

Slakonian's Big plans for AA Defense Network

Saturday, July 18, 2027 | 08:02 | Bashkar, Slakonian

At present, Slakonian is actively engaged in establishing so-called “joint regional air defense systems” under the JADS framework. According to the first deputy chief of Slakonian’s Air Defense forces, Lieutenant-General Pavel Kavšićnko, these joint regional systems will be created “in order to protect our allies common interests from possible air-space violations.” Speaking to journalists in April 2016, Kavšićnko announced that Slakonian has already completed the formation of the first such system in the Eastern Slakonian. Agreements on the creation of two joint regional air defense systems in Corumm and Heku were signed with Kommenori and Azikoria(separately with both). Under Western League charter promising defense of all allies, Slakonian although a relunctant ally is becoming the most active on that part; next week awaits the ratification of the treaty by all the involved nations.

For Slakonian, closer integration with the air defense networks of its partners (via the creation of joint regional systems) will grant its own forces greater warning and response times, as well as enhance Slakonian’s ability to coordinate and command joint forces. There are, however, serious doubts as to whether such regional systems can be successfully implemented in the foreseeable future, given that the air and air defense forces of most JADS participants remain in somewhat poor shape as there have been evident "gaps" can be found and exploited. Slakonian's many decades of lacking sufficient air power had helped into the development of has spend billions of Phoenixes to enhance and develop one of the most advanced system worldwide.

The new S-400GU is the most advanced and more numerous than the S-300(which was produced in very low numbers due to recession). Two Battalions would move into Hekuvia under the names of Angara(the Slakonian-Hekuvian border river) and Vega, one into Corumm(named Ja'gur) while another into Azikoria called Dubna(named after the mountain from nearby Serbia). It is speculated that at least two battalions worth of S-200 will be gifted to Azikoria and one to Corumm.

Without modern long-range SAMs such as the Triumph Plan, the ability of JADS members to address existing and emerging challenges will remain very limited. This becomes particularly evident when placed in the context of the recently approved “Western League Aerospace Defense Concept,” which, in the word of the Corummese Minister of National Defense, has been developed as the result of the need to enhance the JADS “to a level that provides joint defense not only against aerial, but also against aerospace attacks.” Indeed, unlike other systems the S-400, which is intended to be capable of addressing threats posed by theater ballistic missiles (TBMs) and emerging hypersonic weapon systems unlike the SAM systems currently in service with partner countries possess very modest missile defense capabilities.

From a purely technical perspective then, the notion of a truly joint aerospace defense system is simply quixotic. Slakonian, however, is not delusional about the limitations of its partners. Speaking to journalists in April, Lieutenant-General Kavšićnko noted at present there are no intentions to create a joint missile defense system under the JADS framework, adding that the establishment of such a system “is a more distant prospect.” As a number of Slakonian experts point out, more near-term plans will therefore likely focus on “establishing radar cover above the borders of JADS members. This will enable the Slakonian command to receive information on incidents in the air and in the space above allies and neighboring countries.” Tighter cooperation on aerospace defense matters is also intended to preserve Slakonian’s access to its ballistic missile early warning and space surveillance assets located in the territories of other JADS members.

More from Bergstein News
  • Adiyyistani Civil War intensifies. [ 188,117 views ]
  • Blood on the Forest # 3: A Day near the Border [ 5,100,002 views ]
  • Saint Patrick's City festival had more attendats this year. [ 812,791 views ]
    © Begstein News 2015

Image 235 comments

DaDan · 7 minutes ago
Finally

622 up · 2 down

The Jackal · 11 minutes ago
Once again, the Minister-President wants to provide the people morel lies about his imperialist plans.

3402 up · 5 down

Anonymous · 17 minutes ago
Oh brother, let the flame wars BEGIN.

78 up · 18 down
Last edited by Slakonian on Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Glasgia wrote:

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:

Poritemenskaya
Civilian

Founded: Jun 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Poritemenskaya » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Author: Pavol Tormenov
Date: 7/20/27

Welcome to the future!

klenovyy, Central Pokarovskaya, Poritemenskaya

The images above are not of a science fiction novel but are in fact the concept design of the next step for Poritemenskaya's capital, Klenovyy. the city of over 13 million and growing has recently faced a number of challenges including urban sprawl which has crept out to the rural areas of the state and interrupted rural life. the government, Headed by president Artyom Porvedrov, has made it among the government's mandates to expand the city in a way that will not interfere with the rural splendor of the countryside. This new area of the city, designed by the large architectural and construction firm; Laika Co., along with a large variety of smaller firms, have been granted the contract for the new project which will break ground in January of 2028 and scheduled to end by 2032 will include 13 blocks, 9 residential towers containing over 700 new apartments, 2 towers which have been called "Mallumns" which will be multi-story commercial areas for small, privately owned businesses, a manufacturing column and a park, a small canal and rail cars.

The Proposed use of convicts from the country's prison system has prompted criticism from some who have decried the measure as a return to slavery. Though the proposal was approved by the Poritemenskayan supreme court, Protests over the proposal has called for a rebuttal from the president; Artyom Porvedrov who said;

"there are some who have protested and decried this measure. critics have pointed out that the use of the prisoners without payment for their work is slavery, however, what these critics fail to realize is that these are criminals, who are wards of the state. we feed them, house them, clothe them and care for their health. we are no more enslaving them than a father is asking his son to do chores. We are not indulging in slavery, we are merely getting our investment back."

It is said that once the project is complete the dirt, extra materials and properties will be sold off to the highest bidder.
Last edited by Poritemenskaya on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates