NATION

PASSWORD

The Blood of My Brothers: First Bull Run (OOC/Sign Up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SaintB » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 pm

The Forsworn Knights wrote:
SaintB wrote:Company A - "Albemarle Guards" - many men from Chowan County

Company B - "Wilkes Volunteers" - many men from Wilkes County

Company C - "Lillington Rifle Guards" - many men from Harnett County

Company D - many men from Lincoln County and Orange County

Company E - many men from New Hanover County

Company F - "Hertford Greys" - many men from Hertford County

Company G - "Washington Volunteers" - many men from Washington County

Company H - many men from Martin County

Company I - " Wake Light Infantry" - many men from Wake County

Company K - many men from Halifax County

Maybe this'll help?

Not seeing any Carolinian counties on that list, may I ask what you want me to put in there?

I gave you a list of the companies of the 1st NC volunteers and and their names...
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Greater Dixie wrote:
SaintB wrote:Your character is a captain of one of those companies not the commander of the regiment. Pick any company you want and make a captain for them Historical or Fictional.

Alright I wasn't certain. I'll make the appropriate changes to the application.

Fixed.

Nation Name: Greater Dixie

Allegiance: CSA

Regimental Name/Number: 34th Virginia Infantry, "Hook's Howlers", "The Bloody Thirty Fourth"

Company Name/Number: D - Arcadia Rifles, "Fairfax's Firebrands"

Name of Officer: Captain Theron "Devil Ron" Fairfax

Biography of Officer: Theron Fairfax is the second son of Ammon Fairfax, a notable planter and socialite with political aspirations. He grew up on the family plantation, amid slavery and other traditions older than the nation itself. His mother died in childbirth when he was nine years old, causing him to lose faith in God, though he continues to attend his Baptist church out of a sense of duty. When he was fifteen, he was shot through the shoulder accidentally while hunting. His younger brother Grayson, surprised by how well Theron endured the pain, is said to have exclaimed, "Hell's bells! You must be the Devil himself, Ron!" The name stuck. A distant relation of George Washington and numerous other famous men, Theron has never entertained any delusions about his role in society. He is highly educated, a graduate of West Point in fact, and well-mannered, the epitome of the southern gentleman. Prior to the incident at Fort Sumter, Theron began a passionate courtship with Susanna Bucock, the daughter of another planter family and the great niece of a congressman. When war broke out, Theron resigned his position with the Union Army and enlisted with the Confederates.

RP Examples: I don't have an example as of yet, but you can expect solid role-playing from me.
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Accepted.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Greater Dixie
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dixie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:30 pm

SaintB wrote:I gave you a list of the companies of the 1st NC volunteers and and their names...

Is my adjusted application acceptable?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Greater Dixie wrote:
SaintB wrote:I gave you a list of the companies of the 1st NC volunteers and and their names...

Is my adjusted application acceptable?

Oh sorry. It was acceptable from the beginning. My reply to your app was as clear as mud. I was just listing the companies in the regiment for you so that you could know their names and where they mustered out if.

Greater Dixie
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dixie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:55 pm

SaintB wrote:
Greater Dixie wrote:Is my adjusted application acceptable?

Oh sorry. It was acceptable from the beginning. My reply to your app was as clear as mud. I was just listing the companies in the regiment for you so that you could know their names and where they mustered out if.

I see. Thank you. This looks really promising, partner.

Dosteovania
Attaché

Founded: Nov 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:08 pm

Tag! I'll be putting an app in tonight for a Maryland-based regiment of the CSA.

Dosteovania
Attaché

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:13 am

Nation Name: Dosteovania
Regimental Name/Number: 1st Maryland Volunteer Infantry
Company Name/Number: Company C, "Butler's Boys"
Name of Officer: Captain Malcolm Jamison Butler
Biography of Officer: When South Carolina seceded from the Union in December of 1860, Malcolm Butler prayed that Maryland would follow. He was a successful businessman and owned a trio of popular dry goods stores in the Baltimore area. He had volunteered and served in the United States infantry in the war against Mexico, leaving the ranks as a first lieutenant after being wounded in the shoulder at the battle of Churubusco. After Fort Sumter fell to the Confederate Army in April of 1861, Butler left his stores in the capable hands of his managers and in June joined the 1st Maryland Volunteer Infantry. Due to his previous service, he was promoted to Captain and given command of Company C.
RP Examples: Oberst Anna-Katrin von Bödeker in The Fatherland
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 am

Nation Name: Elysian Kentarchy
Regimental Name/Number: 1st Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment, "Old First"
Company Name/Number: Co. D "Old Dominion Guard"
Name of Officer: Captain Zechariah S. Humphrey
Biography of Officer:He was born in Charleston Virginia and would be the eldest of 8 children. Since childhood Zechariah had always dreamed of being a soldier, being raised upon stories of his grandfather about his father who served in the Revolution and that is what he set out to do and spent his time when he wasn't helping the family reading all he could about military and military tactics. Though also thanks to his grandfather he came to view the state as much more important than any government far away from them which gave him a deep and devoted love to Virginia. He was bitterly disappointed to have been too young to participate in the Mexican-American War and actually promised that next time a war comes around he wouldn't miss it. When he was 18 he entered West Point and graduated fairly high up in 1859 taking up a Captain's job is his home state. Before about a secession was declared for his beloved state he handed in his resignation with everything in order and actually apologized that he could not, in good faith, raise arms against the state his forefathers had served and thus wanted to avoid that possibility. When secession was declared some friends who had joined up with the new Virginia military recommended him an officer position based off of the fact that he was a West Point graduate. While he did not chase after a job offer he did accept one when it came and took up a captaincy in the new military. The secession of what would be called West Virginia from Virginia, which included his hometown Charleston, angered him deeply and he felt that it was a betrayal by ungrateful people. His brothers who are from age, from what he has heard, has joined the Union Army going along with West Virginia's secession from his beloved state further estranging himself from his family.
RP Examples: Here you go.
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:29 am

The Forsworn Knights wrote:Nation Name: The Forsworn Knights
Allegiance: USA [Union]
Regimental Name/Number: 1st Regiment North Carolina Volunteer Infantry
Company Name/Number: Company F Hertford county 'Hertford Grey's'
Name of Officer: Michael Smith
Biography of Officer: Michael was born the son of a railroad worker in Greensboro, North Carolina. His father mostly just maintained the tracks for the gate city, moving supplies in and out of the city.
As he grew older and the revolution brewed, he openly spoke out against rebelling, much to the annoyance of his neighbours.
Eventually, as the war went on he enlisted in the United States Military at the age of seventeen, along with many other Northern Carolinians.
Through befriending superior officers, displaying his intelligence, and proving to be a capable soldier, Michael eventually rose to the position of Captain. Dutifully following his superiors but very hesitant to attack civilians, harm North Carolinians, or use excessive brutality against the south.
RP Examples: Pretty much all the threads are gone, as it has been a while, and you dont want threads names.
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Better?
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Upiantstan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Upiantstan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Nation Name: The Dictatorship of Upiantstan
Allegiance: USA
Regimental Name/Number: First Minnesota Volunteer Infantry
Company Name/Number: F, "The Red Wing Volunteers"
Name of Officer: William J. Colvill, Jr.
Biography of Officer: William Colvill was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but was sent to live on his Uncle's farm near Red Wing at an early age. There he learned at an early age how to hunt and farm. While he enjoyed those things, he also spent considerable time sitting outdoors reading. While not having a thorough, formal education, he can still read and has an decent vocabulary. He jumped at the war as an opeueutunity for adventure.
RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=350260&start=25
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:50 pm

I'll go over apps and stuff later tonight very probably.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:58 pm

The Forsworn Knights wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Nation Name: The Forsworn Knights
Allegiance: USA [Union]
Regimental Name/Number: 1st Regiment North Carolina Volunteer Infantry
Company Name/Number: Company F Hertford county 'Hertford Grey's'
Name of Officer: Michael Smith
Biography of Officer: Michael was born the son of a railroad worker in Greensboro, North Carolina. His father mostly just maintained the tracks for the gate city, moving supplies in and out of the city.
As he grew older and the revolution brewed, he openly spoke out against rebelling, much to the annoyance of his neighbours.
Eventually, as the war went on he enlisted in the United States Military at the age of seventeen, along with many other Northern Carolinians.
Through befriending superior officers, displaying his intelligence, and proving to be a capable soldier, Michael eventually rose to the position of Captain. Dutifully following his superiors but very hesitant to attack civilians, harm North Carolinians, or use excessive brutality against the south.
RP Examples: Pretty much all the threads are gone, as it has been a while, and you dont want threads names.
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Better?

Yes.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:08 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Nation Name: Elysian Kentarchy
Biography of Officer:He was born in Charleston Virginia and would be the eldest of 8 children. Since childhood Zechariah had always dreamed of being a soldier, being raised upon stories of his grandfather about his father who served in the Revolution and that is what he set out to do and spent his time when he wasn't helping the family reading all he could about military and military tactics. Though also thanks to his grandfather he came to view the state as much more important than any government far away from them which gave him a deep and devoted love to Virginia. He was bitterly disappointed to have been too young to participate in the Mexican-American War and actually promised that next time a war comes around he wouldn't miss it. When he was 18 he entered West Point and graduated fairly high up in 1859 taking up a Captain's job is his home state. Before about a secession was declared for his beloved state he handed in his resignation with everything in order and actually apologized that he could not, in good faith, raise arms against the state his forefathers had served and thus wanted to avoid that possibility. When secession was declared some friends who had joined up with the new Virginia military recommended him an officer position based off of the fact that he was a West Point graduate. While he did not chase after a job offer he did accept one when it came and took up a captaincy in the new military. The secession of what would be called West Virginia from Virginia, which included his hometown Charleston, angered him deeply and he felt that it was a betrayal by ungrateful people. His brothers who are from age, from what he has heard, has joined the Union Army going along with West Virginia's secession from his beloved state further estranging himself from his family.
9999*DO NOT REMOVE
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Nation Name: Elysian Kentarchy
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Accepted.

Upiantstan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Upiantstan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 pm

bump

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:43 pm

So, which side could most use a new player?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Olthenia wrote:So, which side could most use a new player?

The CSA has the most players right now. Not sure by how many since somehow my update to the accepted players never posted.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Alright, we have 3 players for the Union and 4 for the Confederacy. I will be writing an IC soon and hopefully a few more applicants will come along before the battle starts,

Dosteovania
Attaché

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dosteovania » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:52 pm

I can't tell you how excited I am for this RP to start. It's been a LONG time since I've done anything Civil War related, and I can't wait! :lol:

Sheyt Clor
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheyt Clor » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Sheyt Clor wrote:Nation Name: Sheyt Clor
Allegiance:CSA
Regimental Name/Number: 26 Virginia
Company Name/Number: Company B the "firestarters"
Name of Officer: Ethan Sky
Biography of Officer: Born in Illinois, Sky seen himself a sofisticated and civilized man verses the southern slavers and plantation owners. On April 12, 1861, he was traveling along near Charleston on his way to visit family in Virginia when he noticed an American gunboat nearing fort Sumter. Not too unusual most of the time, seeing as it was a military harbor, but this time, Sky knew the Confederacy, which had broke free from the Americans vary recently, was trying to force the Americans return home. When the bombarding began, Sky knew exactly why they started. The confederates knew that if they didn't take action now, the gunboat was going to get supplies and ammo and they may attack the Confederates. He went back to the north and seen in the newspapers the CONFEDERATES started the war. He couldn't take the lies and he had seen and went to Virginia to join the Confederate army. His intelligence and charisma let him quickly rise though the ranks to become a Captain of the 26 Virginia.
RP Examples: I dont have one
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

This OK?
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
-Ronald Reagan

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
-Ronald Reagan

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
-Ronald Reagan

If you can't tell, I like Ronald Reagan

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Yes that's good. IC should be up no later than Saturday but we will med at least one more union player before the battle begins.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:45 am

The IC is up! The RP is starting on the day before where not much is going to happen but it gives you an opportunity to establish your characters and get some friendly interaction between officers in the same faction before the big shoot out.

We need at least one more player for the Union Army so if you guys know anyone who might be interested please give them a nudge in this direction.

Oh, and if you have any questions at all just ask.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:05 am

Nation Name: Landenburg
Regimental Name/Number: 2nd Virginia Infantry
Company Name/Number: Company K
Name of Officer: Captain Francis Henrik Karel van der Wijk (often times his men simply call him the Dutchman)
Biography of Officer: Captain Francis van der Wijk was born in Viriginia to a family of Dutch immigrants who had settled there in the 1740s. His ancestors fought for the independence of America, much so like Francis is doing now. At an early age, he was sent to school in Richmond, under the tutelage of wise men. He learned to read and write, he learned mathematics, and even learned to court like a true Southern gentleman. During his visit, he met and fell in love with a woman by the name of Elizabeth Devereux. The two quickly got married and Francis went to do lawyer work with his father. Yet, he did not enjoy being his fathers secretary and so when his wife influenced his thoughts, he quickly joined the army. Then, a few years later the Civil War broke out and his family called him home from the Union. Upon hearing of Fort Sumter, he quickly enlisted in the Confederate army and was given the rank of Captain. Francis is 27 years old and has a son by Elizabeth, who stays in Richmond overseeing their home.
RP Examples: viewtopic.php?p=27323820#p27323820
9999*DO NOT REMOVE
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:17 am

Landenburg wrote:Nation Name: Landenburg
Name of Officer: Captain Francis Henrik Karel van der Wijk (often times his men simply call him the Dutchman)
Biography of Officer: Captain Francis van der Wijk was born in Viriginia to a family of Dutch immigrants who had settled there in the 1740s. His ancestors fought for the independence of America, much so like Francis is doing now. At an early age, he was sent to school in Richmond, under the tutelage of wise men. He learned to read and write, he learned mathematics, and even learned to court like a true Southern gentleman. During his visit, he met and fell in love with a woman by the name of Elizabeth Devereux. The two quickly got married and Francis went to do lawyer work with his father. Yet, he did not enjoy being his fathers secretary and so when his wife influenced his thoughts, he quickly joined the army. Then, a few years later the Civil War broke out and his family called him home from the Union. Upon hearing of Fort Sumter, he quickly enlisted in the Confederate army and was given the rank of Captain. Francis is 27 years old and has a son by Elizabeth, who stays in Richmond overseeing their home.
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Your acceptance is contingent upon receiving another player for the Union. Sorry for making you wait.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:53 am

SaintB wrote:
Landenburg wrote:Nation Name: Landenburg
9999*DO NOT REMOVE

Your acceptance is contingent upon receiving another player for the Union. Sorry for making you wait.

It's alright, would be super unbalanced any other way right?
Last edited by Landenburg on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:55 am

Landenburg wrote:
SaintB wrote:Your acceptance is contingent upon receiving another player for the Union. Sorry for making you wait.

It's alright, would be super unbalanced any other way right?

Yeah, the CSA would have 2:1 in player balance. I'm not actually participating as a character I have plenty of other things to do in the RP.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse