NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Iron 6- RP/Rosters/Scores Thread- Complete

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Secristan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Baptism of Iron 6- RP/Rosters/Scores Thread- Complete

Postby Secristan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:24 am

BAPTISM OF IRON 6

There are 12 nations attempting to win Baptism of Iron 6. The Secristan Department of Sports has gone ahead and already placed you into two group of 6, on a random basis. The groups are named after two of the most famous players in Secristani football history: Tom Mitchell and Stacie Johnson. Mitchell is the arrogant QB now coach of the Millionaires, and the best way to remind people of Johnson is to merely call her “The Cheerleader”.

Mitchell Group
Hellhorn
Angry College Students
The Holy Cathedral
Cosumar
Peace Republic
Churchma

Johnson Group
Celaa
Dorian and Sonia
Central World Alliance
Arteviaz
Wadomia
Mossulia

Schedule (Games scorinated between 5 & 6 AM Eastern US time)

Matchday 1- July 22nd
Mitchell Group
Churchma vs Hellhorn (Lakeland)
Peace Republic vs Angry College Students (Lockport)
Cosumar vs The Holy Cathedral (East Penthoria)

Johnson Group
Mossulia vs Celaa (Ocala)
Wadomia vs Dorian and Sonia (Key South)
Arteviaz vs Central World Alliance (Amherst)

Matchday 2- July 23rd
Mitchell Group
Hellhorn vs Peace Republic (Key South)
Churchma vs Cosumar (Lakeland)
Angry College Students vs The Holy Cathedral (Lockport)

Johnson Group
Celaa vs Wadomia (Amherst)
Mossulia vs Arteviaz (East Penthoria)
Dorian and Sonia vs Central World Alliance (Ocala)

Matchday 3- July 24th
Mitchell Group
Cosumar vs Hellhorn (Amherst)
The Holy Cathedral vs Peace Republic (East Penthoria)
Angry College Students vs Churchma (Ocala)

Johnson Group
Arteviaz vs Celaa (Key South)
Central World Alliance vs Wadomia (Lockport)
Dorian and Sonia vs Mossulia (Lakeland)

Matchday 4- July 25th
Mitchell Group
Hellhorn vs The Holy Cathedral (Lockport)
Cosumar vs Angry College Students (Amherst)
Peace Republic vs Churchma (Key South)

Johnson Group
Celaa vs Central World Alliance (Lakeland)
Arteviaz vs Dorian and Sonia (Ocala)
Wadomia vs Mossulia (East Penthoria)

Matchday 5- July 26th
Mitchell Group
Angry College Students vs Hellhorn (Ocala)
Churchma vs The Holy Cathedral (Amherst)
Peace Republic vs Cosumar (Lakeland)

Johnson Group
Dorian and Sonia vs Celaa (East Penthoria)
Mossulia vs Central World Alliance (Key South)
Wadomia vs Arteviaz (Lockport)

Playoffs? Playoffs?!?
Yes, we have playoffs. Group winners advance straight to semifinals. The 2nd and 3rd place teams also advance to the playoffs and will have to play a first round game.

First Round- July 27th
Game A: 2nd Mitchell Group vs 3rd Johnson Group (Key South)
Game B: 2nd Johnson Group vs 3rd Mitchell Group (East Penthoria)

Semifinals- July 28th
Game C: 1st Mitchell Group vs WINNER GAME B (Amherst)
Game D: 1st Johnson Group vs WINNER GAME A (Lakeland)

Final & 3rd place- July 29th
3rd Place- Semifinal Losers (Lakeland)
Championship- Semifinal Winners (Amherst)

Go ahead and post rosters and begin roleplaying. Rosters should include a style modifier between +3 and -3. NSFS 3.0 does not have 2-point conversion functionality yet, so there is no need for the always/never/logical addition you might have seen if you looked up old rosters of other competitions.

Also please provide a RP permissions box that looks like as below. The purpose of this is to let your opponent know what you will accept and not accept if they roleplay your game first.

Choose my scorers: Yes/No
Choose scoring events: Yes/No
RP injuries to my players: Yes/No
Godmod injuries: Yes/No
Godmod "other" events: Yes/No

Feel free to add something else to your individual RP Permission box if there is something else important to you.
Last edited by Secristan on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
WINNER of the 1st International Basketball Championships, 7th Di Bradini Cup, & the 4th World Lacrosse Championships!
RUNNERUP in Baptism of Fire 30 and World Baseball Classic 10.
HOST of World Bowl 6, International Basketball Championships 6, and Baptism of Iron 6. (Hosting a 6th version of something? Call us.) Also, World Baseball Classic 12 and World Lacrosse Championships 3.
Qualified for World Cups 49-52.

All arrogant, stuck-up, conceded or whatever comments I make in roleplay are always in-character and should not be interpreted as also being the out-of-character attitude of the person controlling the nation. My nation is my attempt to mock people I have to deal with often at work.

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:24 am

BAPTISM OF IRON 6

I) Intodruction to Secristan

Secristan is a nation which is very unique in the way they do things, and is universally known as being “extremely capitalist”. At one point in the 50,000-plus nation world that exists here on NS, Secristan ranked 86th for having the largest disparity between rich and poor. That was not by accident, as the only people the nation concerns itself with are the upper class. There is no social welfare in any way, and slavery is legal.

II) Auctions & Bribery

One thing you will all have to get used to very quickly is the auction process. You are probably used to tickets at your stadiums being available on a first come-first serve basis. This is not the case in Secristan. Instead, all seats are available only by an online auction which takes place 4 days before the game. Highest bid wins. This ensures that the Secristan Department of Sports can make as much profit on ticket sales as they can. Auctions do not end with tickets meanwhile and also apply to things such as preferred parking spaces around the arena, and press box location for your media staff. The best seats are available to anyone from any nation, as long as you can afford them.

Security openly accepts bribes during the game for things such as cutting in front at the concession line, or being able to cut through traffic. It is popular also for bribes to be accepted in the line at the women’s bathroom for ladies to cut in front, though the problem is not as common at the men’s bathroom due to lack of lines.

III) Other “Different” Laws

In Secristan if you attempt to get anything for free that has a price associated with it, you are guilty of freeloading. This is a serious offense and subjects you to the death penalty if your estate can not afford your jail accommodations. Just an attempt is enough to be guilty.

Additionally, a citizen is allowed to do anything he or she wants, with no exception, to anyone who fails to have a net worth with 1% of theirs AND they have a minimum net worth of 1,000,000 rusas as they long as they can provide somewhat of a justification for it. “I was bored” is normally acceptable. Proof of income is the only thing the courts will care about in such cases. For example, person A has a net worth of 1,000,000 rusas. They can do as they please to anyone with a net worth of 10,000 rusas or less. The victim must be over 18, however rich kids and teenagers can victimize people within their age group (3-5 years) if they are members of a poor upbringing.

Drugs are legal, but only when purchased from the Secristan Department of Tobacco & Narcotics. Alcohol may be consumed by anyone able to afford it.

IV) Stadiums
1) Monopoly Stadium- The largest and most modern stadium in the country, with capacity over 80,000. It is in Amherst, which is in Southwest Secristan and is the capital of the country. Other then all kinds of governmental buildings, there are also many prestigious universities. Urban Amherst is like any other city, but only millionaires and multi-millionaires can afford to live in the suburbs.

Stadium will host: Baptism of Iron 6 Championship, a semifinal. Others TBD.

2) Loophole Life Insurance Stadium- In Lakeland, which is in the northeast part of the nation. The stadium has a capacity of about 65,000, but the stadium owners do the absolute minimum work in regards to stadium maintenance. If there were not a bidding process to select our home stadiums, it would never have been chosen.

Stadium will host: 3rd place Game, a semifinal. Others TBD.

3) Megabyte Industries Stadium- Located on the shores of the Penthoria River in Western Secristan, the 63,000-seat stadium has the best backdrop of all of our stadiums. East Penthoria is known for some nice beachfront property, and only the upper class can afford to live here. You can see the skyline of Newmanistan’s Dover City in the background.

Stadium will host: Group Stage & early round playoff games.

4) Key South Field- Might sound like some kind of resort area, but it really isn’t. It’s in South Central Secristan, and is one of the more affordable places to live in the country. The Stadium is large, seating 74,000, but the sightlines aren’t necessarily the greatest.

Stadium will host: Group Stage & early round playoff games.

5)PVT Dome- The 42,000-seat dome (retractable roof) is a complete contrast to Key South Field in that it was built exclusively for baseball and lacrosse, making it not really an ideal stadium for the Baptism of Iron, but you’ll just have to deal with it. Located in the central portion of the nation, in the city of Ocala. It is sponsored by Penthoria Valley Tecnhologies.

Stadium will host: Group Stage games only.

6) The Sub King Stadium- Sponsored by the countries top maker of high quality sandwiches, the only downfall to this stadium is that it is one of the countries small cities (Lockport). It is in the southeastern portion of the nation and is a cozy 48,000-seater.

Stadium will host: Group Stage games only.
Last edited by Secristan on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
WINNER of the 1st International Basketball Championships, 7th Di Bradini Cup, & the 4th World Lacrosse Championships!
HOST of World Bowl 6, International Basketball Championships 6, and Baptism of Iron 6. (Hosting a 6th version of something? Call us.) Also, World Baseball Classic 12 and World Lacrosse Championships 3.

All arrogant, stuck-up, conceded or whatever comments I make in roleplay are always in-character and should not be interpreted as also being the out-of-character attitude of the person controlling the nation. My nation is my attempt to mock people I have to deal with often at work.

Mossulia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mossulia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:08 am

Mossulia Echo

Roster decided

Today a roster was decided for Mossulia Baptism of Iron campaign. Earlier we were bidding against Secristan (the hosts) but now we travel to the nation for the cup itself. It is apparently a very capitalist nation but we are used to that because people in Mossulia are charged for things like breathing and most athletes are already bankrupt. Because of that Children are the best bet because they don't have to pay the "breathing" and "celebration" tax.

Starters are in Bold.

Quarterback Jack Pezari AGE: 6
Quarterback Liam Jarkerz AGE: 15
Kicker Brian Tesker AGE: 12
Kicker Katie Lucas AGE: 14
Punter Varen Huiki AGE: 11
Punter Lucy Haver AGE: 15
Linemen Howard Edwards AGE 11
Line back Danny Jim AGE: 10
Linebacker Harry Perkins AGE: 13
Lineman Jenny Terva AGE: 15
Center Soyran Opav AGE: 11
Center Sally Muitarn AGE: 13
Tight end Daniel Henderson AGE: 15
Tight end Hannah Lurgass AGE: 9

Style: +2.3

The young quarter-back Jack Pezari is only 6 yet he will be starting. But he say that he has a plan,

"I'm gonna kick them."

When we interviewed the coach some 3 year old with a crayon jammed up his nose we didn't get a great response. But the richer kids are all bidding at the minute for tickets but seem to be losing to each other. At the minute we are trying to over turn some laws to help us send some adults off to the world bowl but we doubt it will happen.

For prediction we have a feeling that it will be between us and Churchma who have already competed in several American football (We call it Crunchball.) tournaments and this could be their year.

Recently we sent off our reporter Bob Davidson to find out what life was like in Secristan. Well we did but in the end he was thrown in jail for being poor and then put in slavery. Here is his report which his master quite kindly let him finish .

Life in Secristan seems nice. People seem friendly enough and making money is easy because they don't accept free stuff. So far I've sold all my useless Mossulian Pop rock records and I made a fortune. But then I got caught earning little money and they didn't accept "Being a journalist." as a job.

These people seem very keen about their sport. The stadiums are very impressive but they threw me out because I smelt kinda funny and they said that "Proved that I didn't have a job." I have found out that drugs are legal so I got a bit high and drunk. The next morning I found out that I had spent all my money on tobacco and then I had smoked it all and had no money. They then threw me into slavery but my master is okay. He says he might take me to the game if we get to the final but no more.
2nd In the Baptism of Iron 6 | Sufferer of the biggest defeat in football
DEFCON: [3] Laid back [2] Small international crisis[1] Large war
New parliament being elected
Our best and least bias Newspaper!

Peace Republic
Secretary

Founded: Aug 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Republic » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:41 am

At Long Last!

It is with due time that peace republic has joined the Baptism of Iron Though it took us a little bit longer due to the fact we got lost somewhere along the way but after 6 years of being lost we are here and ready to play! Peace Republic has found that this nation is not as rich as those from ours and thus has run into a problem. As you can see now there are 5 planes landing with the peace republic logo on it of which 1 of these is players this causes a major uproar though because of the fact that the tickets are not for a first come first serve base instead it is a auction format but not to worry.

(intro Music Plays)

Welcome into the show everyone today is the day that peace republic embarks on its long journey to win the baptism of Iron! Im your host jacob Raen and through out the next hour we will be covering this historic event as it happens now as you can see by the footage the planes of fans are now getting off we have our team out their so lets see what they are saying. Josh can you hear me whats it like down their? Well jacob it is a crazy environment as the Peace Republic Eagles have just landed i am here with a Mike Wao (A crazed fan) Mike can you put into words what this is like? Mike had this to say "E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES" followed by this "i cant wait for this thing to get started go eagles !" Wow Mike it seems like everyone is going crazy down their we will see you in a bit but for now we are going to find out the roster of your peace republic eagles. Right after this...

(Breaks)

(roster from Washington huskies)

QB

7 Taylor Bean QB So. SQ 6-1/199 Vancouver, WA (Skyview)
8 Ronnie Fouch QB So. 1V 6-1/203 Redlands, CA (Redlands East Valley)

HB

22 Demetrius Bronson RB Fr. HS 5-10/215 Kent, WA (Kentwood)
21 Willie Griffin RB So. 1V 5-8/198 Oakland, CA (McClymonds)
30 Paul Homer FB Sr. 3V 6-1/239 Omaha, NE (Millard North)
42 Kimo Makaula FB Fr. HS 6-2/248 Kailua, HI (Punahou)

WR

9 Devin Aguilar WR So. 1V 6-0/195 Denver, CO (Mullen)
5 Anthony Boyles WR Fr. RS 6-3/190 Compton, CA (Junipero Serra)
7 Cody Bruns WR So. 1V 5-11/168 Prosser, WA (Prosser)
28 Tony Chidiac WR Jr. 1V 5-10/181 Sammamish, WA (Skyline)
11 D'Andre Goodwin WR Jr. 2V 5-11/175 Lancaster, CA (Antelope Valley)
3 James Johnson WR Fr. HS 6-0/193 Valley Center, CA (Valley Center HS)
15 Jermaine Kearse WR So. 1V 6-1/180 Lakewood, WA (Lakes)

TE

18 Marlion Barnett TE Fr. HS 6-2/215 Corona, CA (Santiago)
88 Dorson Boyce TE Jr. JC 6-2/231 New York, NY ()

OL

68 Mark Armelin T So. RS 6-5/304 Canoga Park, CA (Bishop Alemany)
61 Gregory Christine C Jr. SQ 6-2/286 Camarillo, CA (St. Bonaventure)
67 Skyler Fancher OL So. 1V 6-5/294 Costa Mesa, CA (Huntington Beach)
71 Cody Habben T Jr. 2V 6-6/316 Sammamish, WA (Skyline)
56 Ben Hayes LS So. SQ 6-3/213 Renton, WA (O'Dea)
51 Mykenna Ikehara OL Fr. RS 6-3/291 Mililani, HI (Kamehameha)
60 Brendan Lopez LS So. SQ 6-0/232 Bellevue, WA (Bellevue)

DL

50 Kalani Aldrich DE So. SQ 6-7/240 Hilo, HI (Kamehameha-Hawaii)
1 Talia Crichton DL Fr. HS 6-3/245 Lakewood , CA (Lakewood)
91 Tyrone Duncan DT So. SQ 6-2/278 Westlake Village, CA (Westlake)
99 Cameron Elisara DT Sr. 2V 6-3/289 Spokane, WA (Ferris)
53 Pete Galbraith DE So. SQ 6-1/250 Derning, WA (Mount Baker)
59 Darrion Jones DE Sr. 2V 6-2/245 Lynwood, CA (Lynwood)
63 Daniel Kanczugowski DL Fr. RS 6-3/319 , WA (O'Dea)
56 Senio Kelemete DL So. 1V 6-4/260 Seattle, WA (Evergreen)
96 DeShon Matthews DL Jr. 2V 6-4/260 Sacramento, CA (Laguna Creek)
79 Craig Noble DL Fr. RS 6-3/300 Los Angeles, CA (Taft)
58 Andru Pulu DL Fr. HS 6-1/255 Federal Way , WA (Federal Way HS)
89 Conrad Remington DE So. SQ 6-1/225 Omaha, NE (Nathan Hale)
74 Alameda Ta'amu DT So. 1V 6-2/348 Kent, WA (Rainier Beach)
66 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE Sr. 3V 6-4/263 Kailua, HI (Hawaii Prep)
92 Everrette Thompson DE So. 1V 6-6/255 Renton, WA (Kennedy)
98 Semisi Tokolahi DT Fr. RS 6-2/340 Hilo, HI (Hilo)
52 Nick Wood DT So. SQ 6-3/299 Poway, CA (Poway)
49 Danny Morovick LS Sr. 3V 6-4/213 Mission Viejo, CA (Mission Viejo)
79 Ben Ossai T Sr. 3V 6-6/332 Bakersfield, CA (Stockton)

LB

48 Jonathan Amosa LB Fr. RS 5-11/206 Seattle, WA (Rainier)
9 Donald Butler LB Sr. 3V 6-1/242 Sacramento, CA (Del Campo)
31 Cort Dennison LB So. 1V 6-1/230 Salt Lake City, UT (Judge Memorial)
40 Mason Foster LB Jr. 2V 6-1/229 Seaside, CA (Seaside)
24 Joshua Gage LB Sr. 2V 6-2/226 Huntington Beach, CA (Edison)
5 Matt Houston LB Jr. 1V 6-0/232 Goleta, CA (Dos Pueblos)

DB
41 Victor Aiyewa S Jr. 1V 6-1/209 Fresno, TX (Hightower)
29 Nathan Fellner FS Fr. HS 6-1/205 Fresno, CA (Clovis West)
36 Johri Fogerson S So. 1V 6-2/190 Kent, WA (O'Dea)
20 Justin Glenn CB Fr. RS 5-11/185 Mukilteo, WA (Kamiak)
7 Anthony Gobern CB Fr. RS 6-0/176 Fair Oaks, CA (Del Campo)
34 Tripper Johnson S Sr. 1V 6-1/210 Bellevue, WA (Newport)
42 Taylor Lappano DB Fr. RS 5-9/195 , WA (Eastlake)
27 Adam Long CB Fr. RS 5-10/168 Los Angeles, CA (St. Bernard)
6 Vonzell McDowell CB Jr. 2V 5-9/178 Kent, WA (Rainier Beach)
19 Matt Mosley CB Jr. 1V 5-10/180 Chandler, AZ (Corona Del Sol)
38 Marquis Persley CB So. 1V 6-0/184 Redlands, CA (East Valley)
28 Quinton Richardson CB So. 1V 6-0/200 Renton, WA (O'Dea)
6 Desmond Trufant DB Fr. HS 6-0/175 Tacoma, WA (Wilson HS)
39 Greg Walker S Fr. RS 5-11/198 Bellflower, CA (St. Bernard)
26 Jason Wells S Sr. 2V 6-2/206 La Verne, CA (Bonita)
8 Nate Williams S Jr. 2V 6-0/207 Renton, WA (Kennedy)

K/P

17 Erik Folk K So. SQ 5-11/199 Woodland Hills, CA (Notre Dame)
3 Eric Guttorp K So. SQ 5-7/167 , WA (Nathan Hale)
46 Will Mahan P Jr. JC 5-11/200 Bakersfield, CA (Bakersfield College )
94 Kiel Rasp P So. SQ 6-3/217 Seattle, WA (Nathan Hale)
Last edited by Peace Republic on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Choose my scorers: Yes
Choose scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes (I'll determine severity)
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod "other" events: No
Style of play: +2

Churchma sends college football all-star team to BoI 6
Churchma Sports Inc.

Everyone in Churchma knows how important football is to this country- it's our national past time. The chance has finally come for Churchma to be represented in the international footabll world. The Baptism of Iron 6, being played in Secristan, is the first of two major events that Churchma will be participate in. Later on, in World Bowl 11, Churchma will send the CPFL (Churchma Professional Footabll League) all-star team.

In Churchma college football players are allowed to participate on all-star teams during the summer (in between seasons), they just aren't allowed to make in money. If they do take any prizes or money they lose a year of eligibility. This team is made up of 51 of the best college football players in the Republic. As previously stated, this is a very football-minded country, so this team is expected to do extremely well in the BoI.

Churchma will be coached by Omon State head coach Sean Morton. At Omon State he has won 198 games, five conference titles, and three national championships in twenty seasons. Coach Morton is widely regarded as the most expereinced college coach in the country. His offensive coordinator is Ryan Dayton (head coach from Phillips City University). Dayton is known for having a very explosive offense that usually lights up the scoreboards. In four of the past five seasons, Phillips City has led the league in total yards per game. Morton's defensive coordinator is Erik Danzy. Danzy coached the Churchma indoor football team in the Sarzonian Indoor Gridiron Cup. Here is a list of the 51 players that made the roster for Churchma:

Offense (25 players)
QB- Carl Trenton (6’4, 227) 22 years old
QB- Mike Newton (6’5, 219) 19 years old
QB- Juan Babic (6’2, 199) 21 years old
RB- Devonte Ramon (5’10, 225) 23 years old
RB- Dan McDougall (6’0, 212) 20 years old
RB- Travis Giles (5’9, 184) 21 years old)
WR- Don Vela (6’4, 208) 22 years old
WR- Phil Keelan (5’11, 179) 20 years old
WR- Brandon Webster (6’2, 197) 21 years old
WR- Evan Glenn (6’3, 189) 21 years old
WR- Craig Burns (5’10, 190) 19 years old
WR- Antonio Redding (5’11, 203) 20 years old
TE- Joel Roberts (6’5, 249) 23 years old
TE- Jimmy Chase (6’6, 241) 22 years old
TE- Russel Rosenbaum (6’5, 238) 23 years old
LT- Charles Stanzy (6’7, 315) 23 years old
LT- Dave Barger (6’6, 312) 19 years old
LG- Lawrence Maxi (6’2, 287) 22 years old
LG- Cole Bright (6’3, 290) 23 years old
C- Jeremy Dambrasio (6’2, 282) 19 years old
C- Rob Arena (6’3, 305) 22 years old
RG- Jared Gilson (6’3, 279) 21 years old
RG- Jeff Pena (6’1, 282) 22 years old
RT- Victor Kwan (6’5, 302) 22 years old
RT- Todd Crooks (6’5, 317) 21 years old

Defense (24 players)
LE- Terry Samuel (6’4, 242) 22 years old
LE- Marquis Moss (6’5, 255) 23 years old
DT- John Slade (6’3, 289) 19 years old
DT- Ralph Maples (6’3, 320) 22 years old

DT- Ryan Alcorn (6’4, 346) 23 years old
DT- Jake Kruger (6’2, 281) 22 years old
RE- Jerry Hanson (6’3, 241) 21 years old
RE- Ken Beggs (6’5, 262) 23 years old
OLB- Louis Hiatt (6’3, 228) 19 years old
OLB- Kevin Piper (6’1, 217) 21 years old
MLB- Rod Churchill (6’3, 237) 23 years old
MLB- Drew Cargill (6’2, 230) 19 years old
OLB- Tony Carlson (6’0, 219) 21 years old
OLB- Adam Dimaggio (6’4, 239) 22 years old
CB- Terrell Corson (5’11, 198) 20 years old
CB- Andrew Polson (5’10, 203) 20 years old

CB- Eric Baran (5’11, 192) 22 years old
CB- Rob Ulla (6’2, 180) 19 years old
FS- Sean McCool (6’4, 201) 22 years old
FS- Jimmy Riter (6’0, 214) 23 years old
SS- Mike Gonzalez (5’11, 197) 19 years old
SS- Howard Ruffner (6’1, 209) 20 years old

Speical Teams (2 players)
K- Dale Stern (5’8, 170) 23 years old
P- Willie Osario (6’5, 261) 22 years old
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Cosumaran Sports Digest
CADFA goes international with World Bowl sign up; Baptism of Iron soon

Football. That's what we call it in Cosumar. Not gridiron, not gridball, not American football; just football. This shows how big the sport is here in Cosumar. Football is one of the most popular sports here, it is estimated that over a third of Cosumarans follow the sport to some extent. And what do they follow? For nearly a century the Cosumar Azure Dragon Football Association (CADFA) has served Cosumar as the elite professional league (OOC: similar to NFL). Over the decades, the CADFA has increased in complexity, size, money, and talent to the point where now there are 23 teams and even backups are earning multi-million dollar contracts.

Despite how huge CADFA is here in Cosumar, internationally very few people know of Cosumar's football prowess. Sure legends like Tom Harrison and Bruce "buster" Washington have helped bring Cosumar football some attention but not much. Cosumar has never entered in a single international football competition.

That is of course until Fred Leuman, president of CADFA, announced it was time for Cosumar to participate in a World Bowl, the premiere international football competition.

"I just felt like this was the perfect time to make Cosumar's World Bowl debut. With household names like Dancougar out of the way, it is more of an open playing field for this edition. Also, CADFA has reached its most heightened talent level ever and me and the CADFA commitee decided we couldn't let this opportunity pass up," Leuman said.

After signing up for World Bowl, Cosumar also decided to sign up for the Nations' Cup which would help them prepare for the World Bowl and Baptism of Iron as well as World Baseball Classic. Surprisingly enough, the Dragons ended up winning the 16 team event despite being in last halfway through. This unexpected victory in the Nations' Cup has bolstered the confidence of the Cosumaran team. However the Nations' Cup is much smaller and does not have as talented of teams competing, so the Dragons are still working hard for WB.

You may be wondering when and where the World Bowl will start. Well, before the World Bowl can take place, the Baptism of Iron must be completed. The BoI is for nations making their World Bowl debut, like Cosumar. Tis year's edition will be held in Secristan. There has been an outcry by less wealthy Cosumaran fans trying to get tickets for the BoI in Secristan because you can only get tickets by auction. Outside of that, the team is excited to travel to Secristan.

"Yeah, Secristan is a nice place. They've got some damn good stadiums to play in. Can't wait to play somewhere outside of Cosumar and Melki. To all you fans out there: I better see a hell lot of blue in that stadium when we come on the field! Who cares if you have to pay a ridiculous amount in an auction, it'll be worth it to see me play!" Cosumar's backup halfback Darrell Belclop said.

The Baptism of Iron will begin on Thursday July 22 in Secristan. The venues used for the event are Sub King Stadium, PVT Dome, Key South Field, Megabyte Industries Stadium, Loophole Life Insurance Stadium, and the famous Monopoly stadium notorious for its bathroom lines. The 12 teams competing are Hellhorn, Angry College Students, The Holy Cathedral, Cosumar, Peace Republic, Churchma, Celaa, Dorian and Sonya, Central World Alliance, Arteviaz, Wadomia, and Mossulia. The first six of these are the Mitchell Group and the latter 6 are the Johnson Group.

When Coach Dave Bernt was asked about the competition, he responded witht he following statement. "Well we're in the Mitchell Group, named after the famous Tom Mitchell, so that's an honor. As for the teams; Hellhorn's team are beasts. They hit hard and play great defense. It'll be tough to score against those guys. We don't really know much about Angry College Students except for they are angry and they are in college. I'm sure our guys can beat a bunch of angry teenagers. The Holy Cathedral squad has the technical aspects of the game down well and have a lot of trick plays up their sleave. We should watch out for them especially their quarterback who can run the ball. Peace Republic is a well rounded team. Abel Booker has a very strong arm. Our defensive backs need to watch out for that. Churchma, we think, will be the toughest team in the group. I know Sean morton can get a good team ready to play. Danzy is a great defensive coordinator and his defense, especially Rod Churchill, are amazing. In summary, all of these teams have potential and I believe that we can win all of these games if we play with heart."

So now you may be wondering, what about Cosumar's team what are they like? Well, the Cosumar's squad is basically a CADFA all-star team. The best players from CADBA (voted on by coaches of CADFA, CADFA commitee, and fans) taken from teams across Cosumar. The selected players could choose whether or not to participate but not a single player declined. The roster is as follows.

Official Roster of the Cosumar Dragons

Head Coach: Dave Bernt
Assistant Coach: Phillip Jennings
Offensive Coordinator: Kalvin Stricker
Defensive Coordinator: Giovanni Hill
Special Teams Coordinator: Terry McCown
Team Captain: Jakk Klyde
Offensive Team Captain: Jerome Finnigan
Defensive Team Captain: Lewis Feldman

*Starter
(age, domestic team)

Quarterbacks
*Jerome Finnigan (25, Coroford Azure Tide)
Dennis Roper (34, Dunsk Bearcats)
Kameron Howard (20, Vesriaville Vikings)

Halfbacks
*Thomas Harrington (21, Cassandra City Wildcats)
Darrell Belclop (29, Byford Blue Dragons)
Hassan Iosay (18, Mortpont Marauders)

Fullbacks
*Barry Askew (31, Mallox Tigers)
Chad Copper (22, Cirdaw Celtics)

Tight Ends
*Jason White (27, Mallox Tigers)
Donovan Hubert (20, Sven Jaguars)
Leonard Duckett (29, Cassandra City Wildcats)

Wide Receivers
*Bruce Sanchez (24, Sindo Devils)
*Ty Newmanson (28, Coroford Azure Tide)
Allen Hernandez (30, Kaldukosk Krushers)
Marion Lowe (27, Centus Owls)
Kenny Klein (19, Vesriaville Vikings)

Left Tackle
*Brady Umpton (29, Surpronuk Slayers)
Doug Smith (33, Olask Dolphins)

Left Guard
*Ruben Olask (25, Olask Dolphins)
Kasey Williams (21, Coroford Azure Tide)

Center
*Milo Hipaputa (36, Sindo Devils)
Bill Franklin (32, Helfin Mighty Men)

Right Guard
*Bob Olask (30, Olask Dolphins)
James Vang (27, Kromp Bulldogs)

Right Tackle
*Patrick Dupree (24, Samoht Nighthawks)
Mike McAllworth (37, Semaj Spartans)

Defensive Tackle
*Tony Smashton (26, Dunsk Bearcats)
*Gregory Greene (19, Sven Jaguars)
Humphrey Biggs (33, Mortpont Marauders)

Left Defensive End
*Korey Rush (25, Ramusok Stars)
Benjamin Blukk (28, Stoneshore Predators)

Right Defensive End
*Demarcus Samuels (22, Kaldukosk Krushers)
Leehan Nguyen (31, Ramusok Stars)

Left Outside Linebacker
*Derrik Sherridan (23, Centus Owls)
Jake Lion (18, Cassandra City Wildcats)

Middle Linebacker
*Jakk Klyde (21, Klyde Cyclones)
Nathan Sanders (34, Byford Blue Dragons)

Right Outside Linebacker
*Derron Woods (27, Fort Azurous Bruins)
Douglas Hampton (35, Surpronuk Slayers)

Cornerback
*Luke Crisalus (19, Cassandra City Wildcats)
*Jacob Newberry (29, Sindo Devils)
Dalante Gonastez (19, Sindo Devils)
Tony Havard (24, Cirdaw Celtics)
Brian Redd (27, Samoht Nighthawks)

Full Safety
*Lewis Feldman (25, Ramusok Stars)
Karter Delfino (Klyde Cyclones)

Strong Safety
*Salvum Na'Krish (32, Na'Ailee Vloo)
Ted Regalius (30, Semaj Spartans)

Kicker
*Jackson Windward (30, Kaldukosk Krushers)
Martin Valvejo (22, Mortpont Marauders)

Punter
*Keevu Schavinski (40, Stoneshore Predators)
Damion Yoseph (20, Mortpont Marauders)

Kick Return
*Pablo Dixon (22, Fort Azurous Bruins)
Sammy Carrell (31, Helfin Mighty Men)

Punt Return
*Scott Byford (38, Byford Blue Dragons)
Manuel Milo (19, Kromp Bulldogs)

Thank you for reading Cosumaran Sports Digest. Be sure to watch the Dragons play in the BoI on July 22. You can watch online at sportsdigest.cos or on channel 47 CSBN. Until then, go Dragons!

By Louis Mortpont
Magazine Editor
Last edited by Cosumar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

HellHorn
Envoy

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby HellHorn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 pm

HELLHORN MONSTERDEMONS
BAPTISM OF IRON 6 AND WORLD BOWL 11 TEAM

Coach: Lucas Blackheart

QB Gary Vericious
RB Daniel Powerlegs
TE Richard Limbreaker
WR Calvin Merderer
WR Manny Deathbite
WR Sam Demonsoul
OL Patty Stomper
OL Lee Skullman
OL Heath Perish
DL Clark Hellish
DL Mikkel Bloodseeker
DL Timms Vlaanko
LB Joseph Monsterman
LB Vincent Nightmeer
LB Christopher Ripper
DB Nathaniel Axecutt
DB Eli Satanica
DB Harry Haunter
DB Jamey Deceivier
DB Jim Hardtackle
P Parker Groosome
K Mark Malevolent

About the monsterdemons team:
Unlike most nations, Hellhorn does not have domestic sports leagues. Instead, about 6 months before a competition hired scouts roam the country looking for recreational athletes with some talent. If approached by a scout a these athletes can try out for the team. The best of the tryouts are used for the team. This is how teams are done for every sport in Hellhorn. Because of this, the teams change almost every time.

Hellhorn plays a very in your face type of football. We run the ball hard, hit hard, and have iron solid defense (did you get the BoI reference there haha). We are known for our excessive touchdown celebrations and violent tackling. Almost always go for 2 point conversion.

Colors are orange and black. Uniforms below.
"Newborns are raised from birth to be killing machines, homosexuality is punishable by death. Homeless Citizens are immediately executed, thieves are flogged in public and the army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers. HellHorn's national animal is the hellhound, which froliced freely in the lush forests until they were bulldozed to build torture chambers."
Ebyrian International Cup II - 4th Place
Market Cup Quarterfinalist
War Against HellHorn - Victory

Hellhorn is in the top 5% of "Most Armed" nations and is the #1 Most Armed in our region!
Also, top 6% of "Most Corrupt Governments" in the world!

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:51 pm

THE SECRISTAN DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS RELEASES SCHEDULE

Schedule (Games scorinated between 5 & 6 AM Eastern US time)

Matchday 1- July 22nd
Mitchell Group
Churchma vs Hellhorn (Lakeland)
Peace Republic vs Angry College Students (Lockport)
Cosumar vs The Holy Cathedral (East Penthoria)

Johnson Group
Mossulia vs Celaa (Ocala)
Wadomia vs Dorian and Sonia (Key South)
Arteviaz vs Central World Alliance (Amherst)

Matchday 2- July 23rd
Mitchell Group
Hellhorn vs Peace Republic (Key South)
Churchma vs Cosumar (Lakeland)
Angry College Students vs The Holy Cathedral (Lockport)

Johnson Group
Celaa vs Wadomia (Amherst)
Mossulia vs Arteviaz (East Penthoria)
Dorian and Sonia vs Central World Alliance (Ocala)

Matchday 3- July 24th
Mitchell Group
Cosumar vs Hellhorn (Amherst)
The Holy Cathedral vs Peace Republic (East Penthoria)
Angry College Students vs Churchma (Ocala)

Johnson Group
Arteviaz vs Celaa (Key South)
Central World Alliance vs Wadomia (Lockport)
Dorian and Sonia vs Mossulia (Lakeland)

Matchday 4- July 25th
Mitchell Group
Hellhorn vs The Holy Cathedral (Lockport)
Cosumar vs Angry College Students (Amherst)
Peace Republic vs Churchma (Key South)

Johnson Group
Celaa vs Central World Alliance (Lakeland)
Arteviaz vs Dorian and Sonia (Ocala)
Wadomia vs Mossulia (East Penthoria)

Matchday 5- July 26th
Mitchell Group
Angry College Students vs Hellhorn (Ocala)
Churchma vs The Holy Cathedral (Amherst)
Peace Republic vs Cosumar (Lakeland)

Johnson Group
Dorian and Sonia vs Celaa (East Penthoria)
Mossulia vs Central World Alliance (Key South)
Wadomia vs Arteviaz (Lockport)

Playoffs? Playoffs?!?
Yes, we have playoffs. Group winners advance straight to semifinals. The 2nd and 3rd place teams also advance to the playoffs and will have to play a first round game.

First Round- July 27th
Game A: 2nd Mitchell Group vs 3rd Johnson Group (Key South)
Game B: 2nd Johnson Group vs 3rd Mitchell Group (East Penthoria)

Semifinals- July 28th
Game C: 1st Mitchell Group vs WINNER GAME B (Amherst)
Game D: 1st Johnson Group vs WINNER GAME A (Lakeland)

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:23 am

Believe it or not, I did telegram everyone on Saturday about this!

We're 24 hours away from the start now, let's see some more RP!

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 am

Cosumaran Sports Digest
Baptism of Iron Begins tomorrow; Are the Dragons Ready?

Two nights ago, the Cosumar Dragons national football team, the first one ever, arrived in Secristan and checked into their hotel near East Penthoria. The 52 man team is composed of some of the top players from Cosumar's professional league, the CADFA. Once in Secristan, the team didn't slow down the training one bit. For several months the Dragons have been practicing several hours a day and they kept right at it once in Secristan, in a vacant lot.

The athletes no longer feel like a bunch of random guys thrown together, but they feel like a team, they are all very confident in themselves, their coaches, and their ability to win football games.

"Well when you train for this long this hard for something and 50 plus other people are training just as hard as you for the same goal I don't see how it's possible we're going to do poorly. I have a feeling about this Baptism of Iron. I have a feeling Cosumar has something to show the world." WR Allen Hernandez said in an interview.

Well, they will get their chance very soon. In less than 24 hours, the Dragons will have thier first match up of the event. The Dragons will take on the Holy Cathedral Team. Offesnsive Coordinator Kalvin Stricker's opinion on the Holy Cathedral team:

"Well to start we don't know much about them. The team has not released an official roster or named their coach for that matter. So we don't have much technical knowledge about thesse guys. What we do know, is they are the best Holy Cathedral has to offer just like our guys our the best Cosumar has to offer. They will be a good team, we just need to be better. The only way to do that right now is to train and make sure all aspects of the team are prepared." he said.

We have evaluated many aspects of the Cosumar team and found some strengths and weaknesses.

Strenghts
Brilliant quarterback
Halfback who is great at punding the ball up the middle
TE is a great blocker
Big, physical offensive line
Quick defensive ends
Dynamic linebackers
lots of depth at Cornerback
Very talented Full Safety
Good a stopping the pass game

Weaknesses
Not a lot of depth at wide receiver
Defensive tackles weak at stopping the running game
Fullback is a poor receiver and one-dimesnional
Un-accurate punter
Very young team
Last edited by Cosumar on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:32 am

BoI Preview: Churchma vs. HellHorn
Churchma Sports Inc.

Churchma's first international football game will be played tomorrow against the physical, HellHorn national team. Everyone in the Republic knows that the finest college athletes are sent to represent Churchma at the Baptism of Iron, but it's a little different in HellHorn. Their nation doesn't actually have domestic sports leagues, so scouts must find top players months in advance of the tournament.

"I'm not going to underestimate HellHorn by any means, but these guys are just a bunch of average-Joe's thrown together with some pads on. it's like they went around to every YMCA in their inner-cities and pulled out the star from each flag football league. If our collegiate all-star team has a problem beating these guys then something is wrong," said Churchma head caoch Sean Morton said.

Morton's been around long enough to know a good football team, and he feels that this team can really do some damage in their first ever international football tournament.

"The boys are really focused right now, and they know their here to do one thing, and that one thing is to win. None of them are here to gain stock in hopes of being drafted to the CPFL (Churchma Professional Football League), but they are here to wear that flag on their chest and represent the Republic," said Morton.

This past week their was an intra-squad scrimmage between the Reds (first team offense/second team defense) and the Whites (second team offense/first team defense). The Reds outlasted the Whites 27-23 in a very physical game.

"We should have scored some more against the backup defensive guys, but this kind of scrimmage is what we needed to be ready to play HellHorn this week," starting quarterback Carl Trenton said.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:20 am

Thread recovered from page 2 for this cutoff!

MATCHDAY 1
Churchma 19, Hellhorn 22
Peace Republic 16, Angry College Students 24
Cosumar 13, The Holy Cathedral 7
Mossulia 23, Celaa 22
Wadomia 14, Dorian and Sonia 19
Arteviaz 13, Central World Alliance 16

Mitchell Standings

Team P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Angry College Students 1 1 0 0 24 16 +8 3
2 Cosumar 1 1 0 0 13 7 +6 3
3 Hellhorn 1 1 0 0 22 19 +3 3
4 Churchma 1 0 0 1 19 22 -3 0
5 The Holy Cathedral 1 0 0 1 7 13 -6 0
6 Peace Republic 1 0 0 1 16 24 -8 0

Johnson Standings

1 Dorian and Sonia 1 1 0 0 19 14 +5 3
2 Central World Alliance 1 1 0 0 16 13 +3 3
3 Mossulia 1 1 0 0 23 22 +1 3
4 Celaa 1 0 0 1 22 23 -1 0
5 Arteviaz 1 0 0 1 13 16 -3 0
6 Wadomia 1 0 0 1 14 19 -5 0
Last edited by Secristan on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 pm

4th quarter comeback from HellHorn stuns Churchma at BoI
Churchma Sports Inc.

Head Coach Sean Morton thought Churchma had the game completely wrapped up. Morton looked up at the clock when it said 3:57, Churchma 19, HellHorn 12. The next four minutes stunned nearly everyone in attendance at Lakeland.

HellHorn's kick returner, Daniel Powerlegs, had a phenomenal return where he broke three tackles, juked another defender, and was finally brought down by the kicker at the Churchma 48 yard line. That kind of return set the tone for the rest of the game. HellHorn quarterback Gary Vericious led a beautiful five-play drive that lasted a little over a minute. The Churchma defense was absolutely sliced through by Vericious on the drive, as he went 4-5 and racked up 46 yards passing. Powerlegs leaped over the goal line for a two yard score, and after the PAT was knocked in, the score was all tied up at 19-19.

"Once they had tied it up with about three minutes to go, we decided that it'd be best to try and win this thing. We didn't want to take a team to overtime that had momentum on their side. Some things just don't go your way. Tonight was one of the nights where that showed," Morton said.

Unforutnately, Morton's aggressivness is probably what cost Churchma a chance at winning the game. Quarterback Carl Trenton and his offense took the field with 2:51 on the clock. This kind of situation is what every quarterback dreams of. Trenton will be the first to say that.

"That kind of two-minute drive scenario is what every quarterback dreams of. Everyone invisions themselves leading their team down the field, and throwing the game winning touchdown pass as time expires. The way tonight ended was anything but that of a good dream, it was more of a nightmare," Trenton said.

After leading Churchma down the field to HellHorn's 42 yard line, Trenton was intercepted by HellHorn free safety Jim Hardtackle. Hardtackle made a great play on the ball, jumped up with one hand and caught it, just as he landed a foot from the out-of-bounds line. HellHorn had the ball, the momentum, great field position, and a chance to win with 1:01 left on the clock.

HellHorn took the ball and managed the clock just as they wanted to. After two first downs from the HellHorn offense, kicker Mark Malevolent took the field to win the game. All he had to do was drill a 39 yard field goal- anything but difficult for kickers these days.

"As soon as I saw Malevolent take the field, I knew it was game over. That kicker is as consistent as they come. It's disappointing to lose a game like this. But I'm confident that we'll bounce back next week against Cosumar," Morton said.

Next up for Churchma (0-1) is Cosumar (1-0), once again at Lakeland. The Churchma squad is explosive, determined, as has the advantage of knowing what it's like playing at this stadium. Look for them to bounce back and get the "W" against Cosumar.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:11 am

Matchday 2 is now cutoff.

MATCHDAY 2
Hellhorn 14, Peace Republic 27
Churchma 23, Cosumar 20
Angry College Students 34, The Holy Cathedral 27
Celaa 13, Wadomia 24
Mossulia 23, Arteviaz 3
Dorian and Sonia 20, Central World Alliance 41

Mitchell Standings

1 Angry College Students 2 2 0 0 58 43 +15 6
2 Peace Republic 2 1 0 1 43 38 +5 3
3 Cosumar 2 1 0 1 33 30 +3 3
4 Churchma 2 1 0 1 42 42 +0 3
5 Hellhorn 2 1 0 1 36 46 -10 3
6 The Holy Cathedral 2 0 0 2 34 47 -13 0

Johnson Standings

1 Central World Alliance 2 2 0 0 57 33 +24 6
2 Mossulia 2 2 0 0 46 25 +21 6
3 Wadomia 2 1 0 1 38 32 +6 3
4 Dorian and Sonia 2 1 0 1 39 55 -16 3
5 Celaa 2 0 0 2 35 47 -12 0
6 Arteviaz 2 0 0 2 16 39 -23 0
Last edited by Secristan on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mossulia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mossulia » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:18 am

Mossulia Echo

Mossulia yesterday played in their first match of the Baptism of Iron in Secristan. They were playing Celaa and just managed to beat them with a 23-22 victory which puts Mossulia in 3rd place in the group. The first period of play started with a bang for Mossulia when one of the children Pezari (Quarterback.) broke right through Celaa's defence and he then dived in for a touchdown. He met the screaming fans at the touchline and was almost suffocated in the pile on. Next though Celaa managed to get a field goal to bring it to 5-3. Only three minutes later Pezari was on the offence again. He got the ball from a Celese player and ran down to the half way point and rammed it down to Opav who dodged past several players and dived to the ground scoring a touchdown. Celaa though were very desperate to get the points back and they managed to get in a touchdown just before the end of the period. It was Lurgass on the ball but she was taken down and some Celese player managed to dodge and duck and weave all the way to the touchdown line. The next period started well for Mossulia with a touchdown. It was Lurgass on the ball and she lobbed the ball to Edwards who gave it to Haver. He ran down the line and slid it in to the touchdown. He put it to 15-8 for Mossulia. Celaa managed to bring the game back into their favour very quickly though. They got a quick touchdown and a safety to bring it to 15 all. The third period only brought misery for Mossulia. It started really badly with Celaa getting a touchdown. Then Opav missed an easy field goal to make things even worse. And finally Celaa managed to score a safety to brining it to an embarrassing 22-15 scoreline at the end of the third period. Finally the fourth period started and Mossulia seemed to come to life suddenly. It started with Opav making up for his miss earlier. He got it from Pezari and ran past several players. He then kicked it high into the air and it curled down to go between the post scoring a field goal. And finally another touchdown came. This time Pezari got the ball and ran the whole length of the pitch before diving into the scoring zone to get the winning touchdown. The period finally ended and there were huge celebrations in the Mossulia camp that night.

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:05 am

Churchma bounces back at BoI; beats Cosumar 23-20
Churchma Sports Inc.

Churchma head coach Sean Morton about had a heart attack for the second week in a row. The Churchma Bluejays nearly gave up another game. This game was back and forth all day long. It seemed that Churchma would score and then Cosumar would be biting at their necks again within five minutes. Churchma had the lead 23-13 with 5:09 left in the fourth quarter when Cosumar receieved the kickoff. It took them only 2:03 to score and bring the game within three points.

"It was deja vu completely. I thought I had some how gone back in time. I look up at the scoreboard and we're up three with three minutes left. The game against HellHorn was definitely on the back of my mind. But I knew our guys weren't going to go out like that this week- even though it did scare me a little bit," Morton said.

Those final three minutes ticked off the clock as quarterback Carl Trenton led the offense on a methodical eight-play drive that ate up all of the clock. Over those eight plays, the Bluejays offense amassed 45 yards rushing. 42 of those came from runningback Devonte Ramon on six carries.

"I knew that all we needed to do was control the clock. There was no way that we were going to blow this game. Especially not after how last week turned out. I'm proud of our guys for sticking it to them today. Our offense looked great; we avoided turnovers, and we managed the game just as we had planned," Trenton said.

The highlight of the day came in the third quarter when Ramon took a carry from his own 37-yard line off of Charles Stanzy's butt around the corner, demolished a linebacker in his way (Derrik Sherridan), juked a corner (Jacob Newberry) right out of his shoes, and then raced down the sideline for a 63-yard touchdown.

"I'm sure people were starting to think that I'm a speed-type of a runningback; probably saying that I'm not going to run many people over. But today I crushed Sherridan. I put him flat on his a**. That dude was seeing stars for the rest of the game. Everyone that was doubting me before should know that I'm a serious player, and I'm not afraid of contact," Ramon said.

Ramon finished the day with 126 yards on 24 carries, rushing for one touchdown.

"Devonte (Ramon) had a great day toting the rock for us. He really made the Cosumar defense tentative because they didn't know if he was going to take off with the ball, or if we were going to play-action with him. They were confused all game long, and it's thanks to the great running from D," Morton said.

Next up for the Churchma Bluejays is the undefeated Angry College Students team. So far ACS has slipped past it's competion, only winning by one touchdown in each game (on average). If Ramon continues to play as he did today, and Trenton controls the tempo of the game, look for the Bluejays to win this one and aim for the top of the Mitchell Group standings.

Churchma BoI 6 Schedule
July 22- HellHorn (Loss 19-22)
July 23- Cosumar (Win 23-20)
July 24- Angry College Students
July 25- Peace Republic
July 26- The Holy Cathedral
July 28- Semifinals
July 29- Championship
Last edited by Churchma on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Cosumaran Sports Digest
Great start followed by disappointing loss; Hellhorn next
By Kutchian Vostrock, Staff Writer

In the previous edition of Cosumaran Sports Digest we previewed the Baptism of Iron for Cosumar and unveiled their official roster. Our next edition finds us 2 games into the Baptism of Iron. If you haven't been following the Dragons up to this point we'll fill you in.

The first game was a slim victory against a poor Holy Cathedral team. Although Matchday 1 landed in the wins column, many weren't too pleased with the Dragons' performance. Despite supposedly being the superior team and dominating for much of the game the Dragons almost gave up the game when the HC team attempted a 4th quarter rally. The Dragons narrowly pulled it out 13-7.

Cosumar started right, scoring a touchdown on their opening drive. They started with the ball at the 40 yard line after the Holy Cathedral kicker clumsily kicked the ball out of bounds resulting in a penalty. From there, QB Jerome Finnigan took control. In that drive he was 5/5 for 54 yards. His passes got them down to the 6 yard line where RB Thomas Harrington pounded the ball up the middle into the endzone.

for Holy Cathedral's first drive they went three and out and punted. In fact, they did this on nearly every first half possession only mustering 1 first down. However, the HC defense did toughen up. For the rest of the first half Cosumar easily drove down the field, but when every time when they entered the red zone they just couldn't convert, getting two field goals and missing one as well. What could've been a 28-0 game at half was only 13-0 because of poor red zone execution on the Dragons' part.

During halftime, it was obvious to most people watching that the Holy Cathedral was squad had no chance. They were lucky they were only down by 13. There was no way they could somehow turn things around and win, or so people thought.

At first, when the second half resumed, it seemed Cosumar was going to continue the beatdown. Near the end of the third quarter, Finnigan through a bomb to Bruce Sanchez for 54 yards which put them in the red zone. On the next play Finnigan saw Ty Newmanson in the back of the endzone wide open and fired the pass. What he didn't see was Holy Cathedral's safety. The safety then picked it off and started running in the opposite direction. Although the following drive didn't accumulate into points for Holy cathedral, that play gave them the spark they needed to turn things around.

In the fourth quarter, both teams traded punts for the first half of it-both teams were really strugling on offense. However, each time Holy Cathedral was getting closer and closer to the endzone-heavily relying on the passing game. On their third posession of the quarter it happened. The 13-0 became 13-7. The Dragons' defense was tired and were way farther back then they should've been-anticipating another pass. Then the Holy Cathedral squad switched it up and ran the ball. Their RB broke free and ran 42 yards for a touchdown.

Cosumar's LB Derron Woods (blue) trying to bring down Holy Cathedral's runner (red)

Shocked silence filled the stadium. On the next play, Holy Cathedral pinned Cosumar down at the 2 yard line on the kick. With only 2:00 left, the Dragons couldn't afford to give the ball back to the opposition. All they needed was a first down or two and then they could milk the clock. But on the first play, disaster nearly struck. The snap was high and the ball rolled into the endzone. QB Finnigan barely managed to scoop the ball up before the defense got their. Then he, dodged two DE would've-been sacks and managed to toss the ball out of bounds in the direction of Donovan Hubert. On the next play, the defense was really blitz-happy wanting to get the safety. So, the Dragons did an outside running play which caught Holy cathedral off guard and got the first down. From their the Dragons knelt 3 times and milked the clock to a 13-7 victory.

"Yeah, we won. 1-0 is a good start and I am certainly glad that we won. However, I am displeased with how we nearly blew the game. Good teams finish ball games. They get ahead and they stay ahead. We failed to do that. Churchma is a much better team than Holy Cathedral and if we want to have a chance against them we have to do better. That's all I've got to say for now." Coach Dave Bernt said in a post-game interview.

And he was right. Churchma was a much better team than Holy Cathedral and that showed in their next game which was a very close loss to the BlueJays.

For this game, the roles were reversed. It was Churchma who dominated and Cosumar who nearly made the 4th quarter comeback.

At 23-13 with a few minutes left, Cosumar nearly completed the comeback too, scoring on a drive dominated by thomas harrington's skillful running mixed in with a few mid-range passes to Allen Hernandez. That drive put the score at 23-20. It was then up to the defense to stop Churchma and get the ball back. But LB Jakk Klyde and crew couldn't get it done. They let Devonte Ramon pile up the yards and drain the clock.

The Dragons having a team meeting after the tough loss to Churchma

One highlight of the game which has been all over the internet lately was when BlueJay runner Devonte Ramon was handed the ball and Cosumar's Derrik Sheridan attempted to stop him. When Sherridan came up on him, Ramon completely demolished him-knocked him over and drilled him into the ground. Ramon then completed the run for a touchdown. Note that Sherridan is nearly twice Ramon's size!

When interviewed about the incident after the game, Sherridan said: "Well i saw Ramon running and went over and tried to get him down. I was expecting him to be the typical small back, I'd just bump into him and he would go down. He really surprised me, I misjudged him and I paid the price."

And the whole team paid the price in this game for their sluggish play and sloppy tackling. Cosumar's record now stands at 1-1 and their next game is against Hellhorn. Even though they don't have domestic leagues, they are obviously still talented. They beat the Churchma team the Dragons just lost to. Coach Bernt will not make the mistake of underestimating them as Churchma did. They will work hard for this game. I predict Hellhorn will get a taste of hell in their next game against Cosumar.

Until then, thank you for reading and Go Dragons!
Last edited by Cosumar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:12 am

Good to see a little more RP this time. Now, MD3 is cutoff.

MATCHDAY 3
Cosumar 10, Hellhorn 6
The Holy Cathedral 21, Peace Republic 27
Angry College Students 12, Churchma 50
Arteviaz 13, Celaa 13
Central World Alliance 21, Wadomia 6
Dorian and Sonia 37, Mossulia 32

Mitchell Standings

1 Churchma 3 2 0 1 92 54 +38 6
2 Peace Republic 3 2 0 1 70 59 +11 6
3 Cosumar 3 2 0 1 43 36 +7 6
4 Angry College Students 3 2 0 1 70 93 -23 6
5 Hellhorn 3 1 0 2 42 56 -14 3
6 The Holy Cathedral 3 0 0 3 55 74 -19 0

Johnson Standings

1 Central World Alliance 3 3 0 0 78 39 +39 9
2 Mossulia 3 2 0 1 78 62 +16 6
3 Dorian and Sonia 3 2 0 1 76 87 -11 6
4 Wadomia 3 1 0 2 44 53 -9 3
5 Celaa 3 0 1 2 48 60 -12 1
6 Arteviaz 3 0 1 2 29 52 -23 1
Last edited by Secristan on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Churchma wallops ACS 50-12; Bluejays are top team in Mitchell group
Churchma Sports Inc.

Quarterback Carl Trenton couldn't have dreamed of a better day offensively for him and his Bluejays. It took all of the first three minutes of the game to establish that the 'Jays were going to win this ball game. After the quick-strike Churchma offense scored on the first play from scrimmage (82 yard rush by Devonte Ramon), they went on to score on the third play on their second drive (52 yard touchdown pass from Trenton to Don Vela).

"We jumped out early and never looked back. After those first two drives we had clearly established the tempo of the game. There really wasn't much that ACS could do to stop us. Coach told us at halftime that we had over 300 total yards in the first half. That's the kind of mentality and results that we want to have every game. It's starting to show that our offense can't be taken lightly," Trenton said.

The quarterback was dead on with that statement. Through three games, the Bluejays have scored 92 points- by far the best in the tournament. Now other team has even scored 80 points thus far.

"It's kind of crazy how this game turned out- I mean we really crushed these guys. But I'm proud of how our offense and our defense played today. They executed the game plan as well as they could have. I really couldn't have asked for anything more out of these guys," head coach Sean Morton said.

The defense also had an excellent day against ACS. The first string defense didn't give up a score all game long, only allowed them to 89 total yards, and forced four turnovers- one of which was a 29 yard interception return for a touchdown by Andrew Polson. The backup defense gave up two scores in the final seven minutes of play- otherwise the 'Jays would have secured their first shut out at the Baptism of Iron.

"I don't need to say anything about the defense today. Maybe I should complain that we gave up 89 yards?" Coach Morton said before he burst into laughter.

The defense was led by middle linebacker Rod Churchill, who finished the day with an astonishing 14 solo tackles. He also forced a fumble on ACS' first possession of the day.

"I was just in the zone today. I felt like I knew exactly where their running back was going before the ball was even snapped today. We set the tone early that we were going to play physical. ACS didn't like that style of play, so we were able to really hit them in the mouth before they even realized what was going on," Churchill said.

Next up for Churchma is Peace Republic (2-1). Coming off of a win like this, I wouldn't want to be in Peace Republic's shoes right now. It looked like the Bluejays did everything they wanted to do offensively and defensively all game long- no one in the Republic expects this game to be any different. Look for Churchma to get their third win of the tournament next week over the Peace Republic.

Churchma BoI 6 Schedule (2-1)
July 24- Angry College Students (Win 50-12)
July 25- Peace Republic
July 28- Semifinals
July 29- Championship
Last edited by Churchma on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Wadomia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Wadomia loses to Central World Alliance 21-6. Leaves Matchday Three with 1 win and 2 losses.
Story by Jack Leo

After Matchday Three of the Baptism of Iron VI, Wadomia take a dissapointing loss against Central World Alliance with a score of 21 to 6, holding Wadomia to only 2 field goals. After losing, Wadomia drop to 4th place in the Johnson group of the tournament, but the players and coaches hope to make a big comeback. "Our players are very talented, we just need to go ut there and show it." say Head Coach Barry Micheals.

Starting QB Tywan Sacher was pulled out of last game for poor performances in the past 2 games and in that game. Backup QB Rodger Jackson will take position of starter QB and will hope to make difference. DT Danny Hoard left the 2nd Quarter with a broken ankle, and will be expected to be back in 3 weeks.

Schedule:
Wadomia vs Dorian and Sonia (L 19-14)
Celaa vs Wadomia (W 24-13)
Central World Alliance vs Wadomia (L 21-9)
Wadomia vs Mossulia
Wadomia vs Arteviaz
Wadomia vs Arteviaz
Playoffs Possibly
Last edited by Wadomia on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Factbook
Embassy
Hosted: Wadomia Athletics Invitational, World Kickball Championships
Champions: Wadomia Athletics Invitational 1 & 2 (Men's Track), Market Cup 3, Gregory Cup (Lockey)
Runner Ups: Nation's Cup 2, Birthday Cup 1
3rd Place: Nation's Cup
4th Place:
Quarter-Finals Brotherhood Cup I, World Kickball Championships, World Indoor Soccer Championships 2, Mcleod Cup IV (Babbage Football)
Qualified Beyond Group Stage: World Bowl XV
Rankings: Indoor Vollyball - 23rd, Rugby Union - 68th, Lockey - 1st, Babbage Football - 25th
Wadomia American Football League
Game of the IV Olympiad -RP Thread's 1000th Viewer :)
Highlight --------> Your Mom

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:20 am

Cutoff for matchday 4!

MATCHDAY 4
Hellhorn 18, The Holy Cathedral 38
Cosumar 16, Angry College Students 7
Peace Republic 17, Churchma 32
Celaa 20, Central World Alliance 19
Arteviaz 20, Dorian and Sonia 20
Wadomia 31, Mossulia 41

Mitchell Standings

1 Churchma 4 3 0 1 124 71 +53 9
2 Cosumar 4 3 0 1 59 43 +16 9
3 Peace Republic 4 2 0 2 87 91 -4 6
4 Angry College Students 4 2 0 2 77 109 -32 6
5 The Holy Cathedral 4 1 0 3 93 92 +1 3
6 Hellhorn 4 1 0 3 60 94 -34 3

Johnson Standings

1 Central World Alliance 4 3 0 1 97 59 +38 9
2 Mossulia 4 3 0 1 119 93 +26 9
3 Dorian and Sonia 4 2 1 1 96 107 -11 7
4 Celaa 4 1 1 2 68 79 -11 4
5 Wadomia 4 1 0 3 75 94 -19 3
6 Arteviaz 4 0 2 2 49 72 -23 2
Last edited by Secristan on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Churchma
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 am

After win over PR, Churchma is one win away from top seed at BoI
Churchma Sports Inc.

Runningback Devonte Ramon literally took the ball from his quarterback and carried the Bluejays on his back all game long. Rushing for 203 yards on 32 carries wasn't enough for Ramon to call it a day. But instead he had to go ahead and rush for a touchdown in the first, second, and fourth quarters. Oh by the way, he also was on the receiving end of a 22 yard touchdown pass from Carl Trenton in the third quarter. Ramon is the first player to score a touchdown in every quarter of play in the history of international football in Churchma.

"Man they couldn't stop me out there today! The line was making some pretty good holes for me to run through and coach had faith in me, so he kept giving me the rock. It feels great to know that the players and the coaches have that kind of faith in me. Now they know what kind of game I'm capable of playing every week," Ramon said.

This kind of performance is extremely rare for a Churchma runningback, considering how much emphasis is put on the passing game in the Republic. Usually the big names on offense are the quarterbacks and the wide receivers, but Ramon is starting to break that trend.

"I know that it's usually not the (running) back that has to deal with the press after the game, but Ramon is playing extremely well right now. Between his rushing, receiving, and punt return yards, Ramon has already gained damn near 1000 yards in only four games. That kind of player is hard to prepare for, and as of right now he really is the guy that's putting us on his back and carrying us to victory," head coach Sean Morton said.

It wasn't just Ramon that had a great day though, the defensive side of the ball had two unlikely stars emerge today as well. 19-year old defensive tackle John Slade and backup free safety Jimmy Ritter both played extremely impressive in only allowing the PR offense to score 17 points.

"Every week our goal is to hold our opponents to 17 or less. We know that our offense is going to put enough points up, so if we do our part then there is no reason we shouldn't win," Ritter said.

Slade is the youngest starter on the Bluejay defense that features seven All-Churchmanians. But his play today didn't go unnoticed- whether or not he's the youngest guy out there.

"I've been dealing with CPFL (Churchma Professional Football League) scouts blowing up my phone about John (Slade) since five minutes after the game had ended. He has the kind of motor, frame, and work ethic to make playing football his career. He's doing some great things for us so far," coach Morton said. Some of those "great things" might include the eight solo tackles, two sacks, and one recovered fumble he had against PR.

Ritter has a little bit of a different story than Slade. After the normal starter at the free safety position (Sean McCool) went down with an injury midway through the first quarter, Ritter had to step in and make some big plays. He did extremely well filling in for McCool, and finished the day with five tackles, two pass break ups, and one interception.

"I'm a very aggressive player, and this is how I always play. If Sean hasn't come back from his injury by next week, then you'll see what I mean. I don't ever take any opponent lightly- I study my ass off all week to prepare. But you can guarentee one thing, I'm going to knock some heads off next week against THC if you give me the chance," Ritter said.

Next up for hte Bluejays is The Holy Cathedral (1-3) team that looks less than threatening. Churchma has been on a roll ever since the Cosumar game, continually putting up at least 23 points. The 'Jays have established that they are the best team in the tournament, and right now they are only one win away from holding the top overall seed. THC is going to try and get in their way of that, even though that looks to be very unlikely. Look for Churchma to finish pool play with another big-time win before they advance to the playoffs of the Baptism of Iron.

Churchma BoI 6 Schedule (3-1)
July 24- Angry College Students (Win 50-12)
July 25- Peace Republic (Win 32-17)
July 28- Semifinals
July 29- Championship
Last edited by Churchma on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Mossulia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mossulia » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 pm

Mossulia Radio 3 Sports

Jack Burton: Hello and welcome to Mossulia radio 3 sports. Here we bring you the latest from the world of sport.

Tim Lang: Yes we do and today we will be talking about the Baptism of Iron competition which is going on in Secristan.

Jack: Indeed. Last night Mossulia took on Wadomia and came out on top 41-31 in a thriller of a game. This game puts Mossulia in a prime position to go through to the next round.

Tim: Yes. Now I think that really we are the best team in our group at the minute aren't we Jack?

Jack: I don't know. Central World Alliance are on top and are looking like a threat to everyone and anyone. I have a feeling that they will lead the group or at least come second. But I think Mossulia still have a good chance of victory this time around.

Tim: Well we haven't played them so a win for us is the advantage here.

Jack: Well before we have a fully blown argument lets invite someone who is on the team. Ladies and Gentleman Jack Pezari!

Jack Pezari: Hi guys.

Jack: So Jack how are you?

Jack P: Fine thanks.

Tim: okay then. But seriously Jack. What do you think Mossulia's chances of winning this are?

Jack P: Well I was always told to believe in my self and I believe in the team so hell yeah we can win this!

Jack: Has having a young team affected anything?

Jack P: Well if anything it has been better than normal. We are underestimated and we can use it to our own advantage.

Tim: Who do you think Mossulia's key player is?

Jack P: Every single player is equally important. Without every single one of us working together it just wouldn't work.

Jack: And finally who do you think Mossulia's main threat is?

Jack P: Churchma. They are doing well at the minute and look dangerous.

Tim: Well that's all for now Goodnight!

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

BoI MD4 RP

Postby Cosumar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:00 am

Cosumar Sports Digest
Baptism of Iron dreams coming true for the Dragons!
"Peace Republic is all that stands in the way..."

With twelve participants for the 6th edition of the Baptism of Iron, there is a total of five matchdays. After the first four matchdays of the Baptism of Iron, the Cosumar Dragons find themselves gauranteed a playoff spot. The team is 3-1 with only Peace Republic to go. If they win, they will earn 2nd place in Mitchell Group behind Churchma. But if they lose they will fall behind Peace Republic and get 3rd. Either way, they make the playoffs. However, you always want the higher seed for the sake of a sense of accomplishment as well as an easier matchup in the first round. The game against Peace Republic will be tough because they are fighting for a playoff spot and will give it all they've got. But before we delve in to the upcoming game and possible playoff scenarios, let's recap Cosumar's Baptism of Iron so far.

In the first matchday, Cosumar opened up their international football career with a precarious win over Holy cathedral that was nearly ruined by an attempted 4th quarter comeback from 13-0. The team needed to started off with a win and that they did even if it wasn't pretty. Holy Cathedral now stands at 5th in the group tied for worst record with Hellhorn.

For the second matchday, Cosumar got a wake up call and their only loss so far. In a close and hard-fought battle with the Churchma BlueJays the Dragons ended up losing it by a narrow score of 23-20. The game brought Cosumar a lot of negative press because of Derrik Sheridan getting owned by a small back. However, it also proved that the team could hang in there and keep it respectable with a team that was clearly better than them. The players look back on this one as a positive learning experience because Churchma is now 1st in the group.

The third game was very similar to the first. A low scoring, defense oriented, struggle that took all of Cosumar's strength and endurance to drag out. QB Jerome Finnigan set a Cosumar Dragons record for longest pass in this game, it was 78 yards and earned the only touchdown of the game. The final score was 10-6. This game was somewhat of a disappointment because the Hellhorn team is now in last, the Dragons should've trampled 'em. But a win is a win.

Now that we've recapped the previous three games, we will more in depth analyze yesterday's game and get some commentary from players and coaches.

The most recent game was against Angry College Students. Apparently their team consists of a bunch of violent teenagers who wanted to get out of school to play football, or something like that. But they are surprisingly skilled, and very angry. Before this game against Cosumar they were tied for best record but now stand in 4th place out of 6 in the Mitchell Group. Cosumar won this one, once again, in a tough drag-it-out game with lots of running the ball and pounding defense. For most of the game, the score was tied or very close to it. No one in Monopoly Stadium could predict who was going to pull it out.

That is, until Cosumar's defense finally stepped up and made a play which changed the game. With about 5:30 left, the ACS team forced Cosumar's offense to go three and out after two brutal sacks from their left end. Then, Punter Keevu Schavinski drilled a 70 yard punt which landed inside the 15 yard line and took a generous Cosumar roll. When the ball reached the 4 yard line and stopped rolling Cosumar's Kenny Klein picked it up, pinning the ACS offense inside their own 5. On the ensuing play, ACS foolishly did a shotgun play and their QB dropped back into the endzone, looking downfield for the open pass. What he didn't see was LOLB Derrik Sherridan run at him and absolutely nail him. The QB was knocked off his feet and pummeled into the endzone. Most Cosumar football fans agree he redeemed himself on this play! 2 points for Cosumar! With the score now at 9-7 with 4:12 left and Cosumar being punted the ball again (because of the safety) the ACS defense had to stop the Dragons from obtaining a first down or else they could milk the clock to 0:00.

Just like Holy Cathedral and Hellhorn, they failed to do this. RB Thomas Harrington is clutch under pressure and was getting 8 yard chunks on every run. ACS knew it was coming but they couldn't stop Harrington. The ACS defense was getting very fatigued and it was showing. Then, around the 40 yard line with 1:23 left, Harrington broke one lose. It was a simple run right up the middle, but after 2 missed tackles by the tired defense he was in the secondary. With Harrington's speed those tired safeties couldn't stop him from running for the touchdoen. This run sealed the deal for the Dragons and they took home the win 16-7.

In the post-game interviews, Derrik Sherridan was asked about his blow to ACS's QB: "Well yeah, haha it felt great. I earned to points for the team and pretty much set up that game finishing drive. Wham! I smacked that guy good, he was probably out of it for like 20 minutes! I hope I redeemed myself for my sloppy play against Churchma that made me the ridicule of the day."

Thomas Harrington running for a 18 yard gain against Angry College Students.

The upcoming match against Peace Republic will be just as hard, if not harder, than any of the games so far. Why? The pressure is on. Both teams are fighting for the playoffs and want to come off a win and have some good momentum going into the playoffs. Peace Republic is probably the 2nd most skilled team that the Dragons will face and Taylor Bean is one of the best quarterbacks in the Baptism of Iron. He has a cannon arm, makes good decisions, is a team leader, and he can pull up and run the ball.

But we believe Cosumar will defeat peace Republic by at least tw touchdowns. Cosumar has had many tough low scoring games and I think the offense is due for a scoring explosion. Thomas Harrington kind of howed it towards the end of the ACS game, running for 70 yards. There have been segments and pieces of offensive greatness throughout the BoI, but look for it all to come together tomorrow against Peace Republic. While Bean is a great QB with solid targets like Devin Aguilar, it will not be enough to outscore Cosumar. I predict Klyde, Sherridan, and Woods can shut them down on defense while Finnigan, Harrington, and Sanchez can do some major damage on offense. Cosumar will 4-1 and playoff bound after this one.

And if that does happen Cosumar will be 2nd place Mitchell Group and will face off against 3rd place Johnson Group in the first round of the playoffs. The way things are shaping up, that is likely to be Dorian and Sonya but could also turn out to be Central World Alliance, Mossulia, or Celaa. But if Cosumar loses tomorrow it would mean a probably match against Central World Alliance or Mossulia if the Dragons even make it at all.

Cosumar's Assistant Coach Phillip Jennings honestly voices his opinion on Cosumar's playoff chances below. He also has a word to say to the loyal fans who are reading this magazine.

"Well I think if we play our best we can definitely beat Peace Republic. But y'all know sometimes we just play sloppy. Plain sloppy. Poor execution, missing tackles, turnovers, it goes on and on. We gotta be sure that we practice hard and show the world that we are not the kinda team that just scrapes by beating poor teams by a few points. We wanna come out tomorrow and show the world what the Dragons can do and earn our spot in the playoffs. Before I go, I need to say one thing. Thank you to all of our supporters and fans. You guys are teh greatest. Without you we could never have made it this far. I was just shocked when I saw how many Cosumarans made their way to Secristan and paid auction prices for seats just to watch us play and support us. Thank you, truly" Assistant Coach Phillip Jennings said in an interview with tears beginning to form in his eye.

The large crowd that came out the watch the Dragons play in the game against Hellhorn

After tomorrow's game you can count on detailed analysis on the playoffs and all that that entails. But until then, thanks for reading and Go Dragons!
Last edited by Cosumar on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:18 am

Let's see what Margaret has in store for the final day of group play. Cutoff time, here and now.

MATCHDAY 5
Angry College Students 6, Hellhorn 37
Churchma 20, The Holy Cathedral 3
Peace Republic 26, Cosumar 42
Dorian and Sonia 13, Celaa 23
Mossulia 6, Central World Alliance 3
Wadomia 26, Arteviaz 17

Mitchell Standings

1 Churchma 5 4 0 1 144 74 +70 12
2 Cosumar 5 4 0 1 101 69 +32 12
3 Hellhorn 5 2 0 3 97 100 -3 6
4 Peace Republic 5 2 0 3 113 133 -20 6
5 Angry College Students 5 2 0 3 83 146 -63 6
6 The Holy Cathedral 5 1 0 4 96 112 -16 3

Johnson Standings

1 Mossulia 5 4 0 1 125 96 +29 12
2 Central World Alliance 5 3 0 2 100 65 +35 9
3 Celaa 5 2 1 2 91 92 -1 7
4 Dorian and Sonia 5 2 1 2 109 130 -21 7
5 Wadomia 5 2 0 3 101 111 -10 6
6 Arteviaz 5 0 2 3 66 98 -32 2

These results therefore set up the following playoff matchups:

First Round- July 27th
Game A: Cosumar vs Celaa (Key South)
Game B: Central World Alliance vs Hellhorn (East Penthoria)

Semifinals- July 28th
Game C: Churchma vs WINNER Central World Alliance/Hellhorn (Amherst)
Game D: Mossulia vs WINNER Cosumar/Celaa (Lakeland)

Last edited by Secristan on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports