NATION

PASSWORD

Democritus Regional Senate (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Empire of the United Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:15 pm

New Metropolitan France wrote:
DRS Proposal 10: Pax Terra Solar System Act

Noting that as the nations of Democritus begin to reach the limits of resource consumption and population housing, governments will turn their attentions to planets in Space.

Further noting that our Solar System is of significance to all nations in the region, and as such should be spared full colonization and terraforming.

Acknowledging that there are millions of other planets in the cosmos outside of our solar system that are not of such significance.

Hereby:

Establishes our Solar System (excluding Earth) as a 'Zone of Galactic Neutrality', in which PMT and FT combat are forbidden, as are all forms of terraforming, mining, and colonization. Our solar system will remain neutral in galactic affairs.

Reaffirms the right of all nations to wage wars, colonize, and mine on Earth so long as it does not breach the laws of this Senate, or the regional Constitution.

AYES: New Metropolitan France, The Grand Restored Russian Empire, Amarti Patriae, The Singaporean Federation, The Underground Movement Union, Losconia.

NAYS:

OOC: In preparation for the space race RP this needs to pass.
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
=======*=======

Fangwall
Secretary

Founded: Sep 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fangwall » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:57 pm

[This post is fully retconned. Ignore all reference to DRS Proposal 11: CONDEMN The Empire of the United Kingdom.]
Last edited by Fangwall on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:21 pm

[Post Nuked]
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Socailist Ukraine
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Socailist Ukraine » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:24 pm

[Post Nuked]
Last edited by Socailist Ukraine on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 pm

Empire of the United Kingdom wrote:
DRS Proposal 10: Pax Terra Solar System Act

Noting that as the nations of Democritus begin to reach the limits of resource consumption and population housing, governments will turn their attentions to planets in Space.

Further noting that our Solar System is of significance to all nations in the region, and as such should be spared full colonization and terraforming.

Acknowledging that there are millions of other planets in the cosmos outside of our solar system that are not of such significance.

Hereby:

Establishes our Solar System (excluding Earth) as a 'Zone of Galactic Neutrality', in which PMT and FT combat are forbidden, as are all forms of terraforming, mining, and colonization. Our solar system will remain neutral in galactic affairs.

Reaffirms the right of all nations to wage wars, colonize, and mine on Earth so long as it does not breach the laws of this Senate, or the regional Constitution.

AYES: New Metropolitan France, The Grand Restored Russian Empire, Amarti Patriae, The Singaporean Federation, The Underground Movement Union, Losconia.

NAYS:

OOC: In preparation for the space race RP this needs to pass.

Aye
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:15 pm

DRS Proposal 11: Condemn The New Byzantine II

The nation of The New Byzantine II has been noted being very aggressive to very passive civilized countries. They say that the countries themselves are still free, but under the rule of the "Emperor"

How must a country be free within the grasp of another country, if with its former government still in power. Due to this recent aggression, Akksum wishes the region of Democritus to condemn the actions taken by New Byzantine II.

Hereby

This Condemnation will bring about an embargo, and relations dismantled between nations of Democritus and New Byzantine II, UNTIL the nation released the countries it unlawfully took over spouting Imperialism.

Ayes: The Underground Movement Union, The Turkish State

Nays:
Last edited by Akksum on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Akksum wrote:

The nation of The New Byzantine II has been noted being very aggressive to very passive civilized countries. They say that the countries themselves are still free, but under the rule of the "Emperor"

How must a country be free within the grasp of another country, if with its former government still in power. Due to this recent aggression, Akksum wishes the region of Democritus to condemn the actions taken by New Byzantine II.

Hereby

This Condemnation will bring about an embargo, and relations dismantled between nations of Democritus and New Byzantine II, UNTIL the nation released the countries it unlawfully took over spouting Imperialism.

Ayes:

Nays:

Endorsed

The Turkish State
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Turkish State » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 pm

The Turkish state officially endorses!
- GO CHP -
Please note: Not an actual Turk IRL, I just like the country (well, not what Erdogan is doing with it)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:43 pm

Akksum wrote:

Hereby

Ayes:

Nays:

"New Metropolitan France abstains. We also wish to propose a bill of our own."

DRS Proposal 12: Malta Crisis Act

Noting that the nation calling itself 'Neo-Byzantine' has attempted to annex both Cyprus and Malta in recent days.

Concerned that these invading forces claim to be peaceful, despite aggressive foreign policy against nations concerned by these territorial ambitions.

Seeking to avoid an armed conflict, Hereby:

Establishes Malta as a demilitarized zone, under the protection of Democritus Capital Territory peacekeepers.

Requires all foreign personnel to withdraw from Malta immediately.

Reaffirms Malta's status as an independent sovereign state.

Invites representatives of Byzantine, Turkey, EotUK, France, Russia, the HDU, and the UCC to a summit in Iceland.

AYES: New Metropolitan France, The Underground Movement Union, The Turkish State, The Grand Restored Russian Empire.

NAYS:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Senator

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Akksum wrote:

Hereby

Ayes:

Nays:

Noting that the nation calling itself 'Neo-Byzantine' has attempted to annex both Cyprus and Malta in recent days.

Concerned that these invading forces claim to be peaceful, despite aggressive foreign policy against nations concerned by these territorial ambitions.

Establishes Malta as a demilitarized zone, under the protection of Democritus Capital Territory peacekeepers.

Invites representatives of Byzantine, Turkey, EotUK, France, Russia, the HDU, and the UCC to a summit in Iceland.

AYES: New Metropolitan France, The Underground Movement Union.

NAYS:

Endorsed.

The Turkish State
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Turkish State » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Akksum wrote:

Hereby

Ayes:

Nays:

AYES: New Metropolitan France.

NAYS:

Endorsed!
- GO CHP -
Please note: Not an actual Turk IRL, I just like the country (well, not what Erdogan is doing with it)

The Grand Restored Russian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Restored Russian Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:10 am

Endorsed
Everyone says I'm a cruel guy, but honestly, I don't see why, other then the fact that I like to invade nations that are right beside me.....and Possibly (Not all the time) Destroy everything in my path.
Newne Carriebean7 wrote:This is like the Soviet Union, just a lot better in terms of rights, and well....basically everything, and heck, he has dem girls man, dem girls bra, you would luv them.

"MUST KILL ALL VODKA HATING COMMIES, FOR THE GLORY OF THE VODKA GOD!"

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:28 am

DRS Proposal 13: Iceland Troop Equality Act

Noting that we all need an equal part in the management of the regional capital.

Concerned that the current peacekeepers may not be doing a unbiased job.

To soothe the regions tensions, Hereby:

Requires all region powers to allow the regional capital their own soldiers from each different nation.

Reaffirms equality across the region.

AYES:

NAYS:
Last edited by Empire of the United Kingdom on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

=======*=======

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Noting that we all need an equal part in the management of the regional capital.

Requires all region powers to allow the regional capital their own soldiers from each different nation.

AYES:

NAYS:

"I am concerned that this could lead to militarization of our Capital Territory. Is it possible for you to add a clarification clause?"

Senator

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Continues to uphold & obey the law against militarizing the capital territory with other nation's military.

Creates a peacekeeping force within the capital territory, and allows citizens only within the territory to join.

AYES:

NAYS:

"I am concerned that this could lead to militarization of our Capital Territory. Is it possible for you to add a clarification clause?"

Key-
Remove amendment
New amendment
Unchanged amendments

This is what I propose.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:00 pm

The Underground Movement Union wrote:
New Metropolitan France wrote:"I am concerned that this could lead to militarization of our Capital Territory. Is it possible for you to add a clarification clause?"

Key-
Remove amendment
New amendment
Unchanged amendments

This is what I propose.

"We need a definition of 'Reaffirms equality across the region' - what does that do? Also, we recommend the Senate's peacekeeping force be able to deploy abroad if authorized by the Senate."

The Singaporean Federation
Secretary

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Singaporean Federation » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:24 pm

I do agree with NMF. But I do see a potential problem. What about pacifist nations in the region that have small defense forces? They may not be able to spare many troops.
Last edited by The Singaporean Federation on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Losconia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Losconia » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:09 pm

The Underground Movement Union wrote:Key-
Remove amendment
New amendment
Unchanged amendments

This is what I propose.

"We need a definition of 'Reaffirms equality across the region' - what does that do? Also, we recommend the Senate's peacekeeping force be able to deploy abroad if authorized by the Senate."

I assume that means using the Capitals Defense forces to assert equality among the region, as in making sure nations treat people equality and fairly.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:20 pm

DRS Proposal: Capital Territory Peacekeeper Act

Noting that the regional capital is classed as a DMZ.

Concerned that at the present time, this status alone may not be enough to safeguard global leaders.

Hereby:

Establishes the Democritus Capital Territory Peacekeeping Force, sworn to defend the Capital and pledge their allegiance to the Senate.

Also amends 'DRS Proposal 5: Democritus Regional Capital Act' to read as follows:

"Enforces a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) within the Democritus Capital Territory, with the only military force allowed within the DMZ being Democritus Capital Territory Peacekeepers."

AYES: New Metropolitan France, Losconia, United Caucasian Commonwealth, Empire of the United Kingdom, The Italian Papal States, Zackaroth, The Turkish State, The Underground Movement Union, The Grand Restored Russian Empire, Virrgo.

NAYS:

DRS Proposal: Jerusalem Act

Noting that Israel has suffered a massive breakdown in stability, partially as a result of an uncoordinated foreign intervention.

Concerned that the takeover of Jerusalem by any foreign power would serve to only inflame the situation.

Hereby:

Establishes Jerusalem as a Demilitarized Zone, enforced by Democritus Capital Territory Peacekeepers.

Places Jerusalem under temporary Capital Territory governance until a permanent solution can be reached.

Requires all foreign military personnel to withdraw from Jerusalem immediately.

AYES: New Metropolitan France, Losconia, United Caucasian Commonwealth, Empire of the United Kingdom, The Italian Papal States, Zackaroth, The Turkish State, The Underground Movement Union, The Grand Restored Russian Empire, Virrgo.

NAYS:
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:53 am, edited 10 times in total.

Losconia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Losconia » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Concerned that at the present time, this status alone may not be enough to safeguard global leaders.

Hereby:

Establishes the Democritus Capital Territory Peacekeeping Force, sworn to defend the Capital and pledge their allegiance to the Senate.

Also amends 'DRS Proposal 5: Democritus Regional Capital Act' to read as follows:

"Enforces a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) within the Democritus Capital Territory, with the only military force allowed within the DMZ being Democritus Capital Territory Peacekeepers."

NAYS:

Noting that Israel has suffered a massive breakdown in stability, partially as a result of an uncoordinated foreign intervention.

Concerned that the takeover of Jerusalem by any foreign power would serve to only inflame the situation.

Hereby:

Establishes Jerusalem as a Demilitarized Zone, enforced by Democritus Capital Territory Peacekeepers.

Places Jerusalem under temporary Capital Territory governance until a permanent solution can be reached.

NAYS:

Endorsed and endorsed!

United Caucasian Commonwealth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Caucasian Commonwealth » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Aye, and aye.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Both endorsed!

=======*=======

The Italian Papal States
Secretary

Founded: Dec 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Italian Papal States » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:45 pm

His Holiness, Pope Francis II accepts both Proposals with grace
~ The Theocracy of the Italian Papal States ~

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Both endorsed.

The Turkish State
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Turkish State » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Hereby:

AYES: New Metropolitan France, Losconia, United Caucasian Commonwealth, Empire of the United Kingdom, The Italian Papal States.

NAYS:

Hereby:

AYES: New Metropolitan France, Losconia, United Caucasian Commonwealth, Empire of the United Kingdom, The Italian Papal States.

NAYS:

Ay
- GO CHP -

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates