NATION

PASSWORD

Log Horizon RP (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Can blacksmiths make firearms?

Let me put this simply -- the best non-magic, non-already in the game tech anyone has is a very, very primitive steam engine. So, this is not an industrial era RP. Nor will it ever be.

That's good to know. So it's probably closer to elders scrolls tech (if I understood the opening post reference correctly).

Do I need expierience watching Japanese anime to partake in this rp? Becouse I've never watched any anime that wasn't North American anime (ex. Looney tunes).

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Shyluz wrote:
Let me put this simply -- the best non-magic, non-already in the game tech anyone has is a very, very primitive steam engine. So, this is not an industrial era RP. Nor will it ever be.

That's good to know. So it's probably closer to elders scrolls tech (if I understood the opening post reference correctly).

Do I need expierience watching Japanese anime to partake in this rp? Becouse I've never watched any anime that wasn't North American anime (ex. Looney tunes).

Oh dear here comes the firestorm
You don't... but it'd really help.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Shyluz wrote:

This is based off of an anime, so you should really go and watch that.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

Also I continue to point out that GAme has not been here for a very long time.
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm

I've officially seen up to the first half of season 2, have read the first book, and have nearly memorized the wiki, so I'm more than willing to be a co-op if GAme's not going to be active.

And I'm starting to think that Johann is just a third wheel. It's hard to write for a sidekick, because I keep forgetting about him.
Last edited by Saskisdi on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Well, I'd be willing to Co-op. and I've got plenty of experience in both Log Horizon and Co-oping doing so.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:42 am

Uh, you guys.

What happened to giving me a possible rundown on what was happening?

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:06 am

Serah wrote:Uh, you guys.

Other, easier questions were asked.

So... there's this guild. The guild is the Co-op team. And we put out flyers for more members so we can have people. Then the people came, and we live in an abandoned cafe with 4 floors and a roof. People talked a lot. Some people are now hunting monsters. Others are still talking. Some are doing both.

Did I miss anything?
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:09 am

Do people get a title with the aristocrat subclass?

Would pathfinder or scribe be best for an explorer?
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:18 am

Cainesland wrote:Do people get a title with the aristocrat subclass?

Would pathfinder or scribe be best for an explorer?

It will mean nothing.

Pathfinder.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:22 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Serah wrote:Uh, you guys.

Other, easier questions were asked.

So... there's this guild. The guild is the Co-op team. And we put out flyers for more members so we can have people. Then the people came, and we live in an abandoned cafe with 4 floors and a roof. People talked a lot. Some people are now hunting monsters. Others are still talking. Some are doing both.

Did I miss anything?

Ah alright.

Well Yato's been in there ever since it started.
I haven't really missed anything then did I?

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 am

Serah wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Other, easier questions were asked.

Did I miss anything?

Ah alright.

Well Yato's been in there ever since it started.
I haven't really missed anything then did I?

Nop.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Username: (kindly make this a sort of name, not xX_n00bkilla1337_Xx)
[img]IMAGE%20URL%20GOES%20HERE[/img]

Race: Elf
Real Gender: Female

Class: Swashbuckler (Blend of Dual Blade and Juggler)
Class Level: 80
Subclass: Tracker
Subclass Level: 50
Guild: N/A
Equipment:
Ice Bringer (Artifact Class)- A small, single bladed axe used for both throwing and close quarters combat. Has a return enchantment on it so that it returns to its owner's hand at will along with the elemental property of freezing sections of an enemy's body hit by it for a slowing or crippling effect.

Unholy Death (Artifact Class)- One-handed short sword with high attack speed and an on hit effect of poison that stacks. The poison's effect is mainly to slow the target more and more as stacks are added. The effect is very weak at first, but as more hits are landed it strengthens until eventually reaching paralysis. Once the target is paralyzed they stay that way for 3 seconds, then the stacks deplete over time for DOT damage, reversing the slow as they do so. (WIP, may take out the second part)

Angels Feet (Artifact Class)- Boots that grant an increase in both movement speed and dodge speed.

Leather Armor (Production Class)- Standard leather armor.

Skills: (wiki)
Overskill: N/A

Personality: Down to business and serious in combat, but more lighthearted and open in social settings. Enjoys making others happy and keeping a smile on people's faces.
Biography:
RP Example: Thanks, but no thanks.

Got an app for a second character in progress. Thoughts on the build?
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm

([url=IMAGE%20URL%20GOES%20HERE]Image[/url])

Equipment:
Ice Bringer (Artifact Class)- A small, single bladed axe used for both throwing and close quarters combat. Has a return enchantment on it so that it returns to its owner's hand at will along with the elemental property of freezing sections of an enemy's body hit by it for a slowing or crippling effect.

Unholy Death (Artifact Class)- One-handed short sword with high attack speed and an on hit effect of poison that stacks. The poison's effect is mainly to slow the target more and more as stacks are added. The effect is very weak at first, but as more hits are landed it strengthens until eventually reaching paralysis. Once the target is paralyzed they stay that way for 3 seconds, then the stacks deplete over time for DOT damage, reversing the slow as they do so. (WIP, may take out the second part)

Angels Feet (Artifact Class)- Boots that grant an increase in both movement speed and dodge speed.

Personality: Down to business and serious in combat, but more lighthearted and open in social settings. Enjoys making others happy and keeping a smile on people's faces.
Biography:

I think having a pair of Unholy Deaths would be the item, and you have to hit with each other sword for the slows to stack. DoT might be too much though. We've been playing too many games with a range of effects, but most games aren't SMITE. :P

Stick to one specialization or the other. Makes it easier.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 pm

([url=IMAGE%20URL%20GOES%20HERE]Image[/url])

Equipment:

Biography:

I think having a pair of Unholy Deaths would be the item, and you have to hit with each other sword for the slows to stack. DoT might be too much though. We've been playing too many games with a range of effects, but most games aren't SMITE. :P

But the dual wield with axe and sword seems so much cooler! I'll take the DOT out for sure though. I could also nerf the axe.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

-Abraham Lincoln

-Reddit
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

Ok. I'm on episode 17 as it stands right now.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:15 pm

What does the knight subclass do? I noticed there's no official info on it.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:20 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:I think having a pair of Unholy Deaths would be the item, and you have to hit with each other sword for the slows to stack. DoT might be too much though. We've been playing too many games with a range of effects, but most games aren't SMITE. :P

But the dual wield with axe and sword seems so much cooler! I'll take the DOT out for sure though. I could also nerf the axe.

How about have the axe/sword combo be the weapon? Axe is throwable, has the slow->stun ability.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:But the dual wield with axe and sword seems so much cooler! I'll take the DOT out for sure though. I could also nerf the axe.

How about have the axe/sword combo be the weapon? Axe is throwable, has the slow->stun ability.

How is this any different form what I've been saying? She uses the axe in one hand and the sword in the other, axe is throwable.
-Anonymous

-Abraham Lincoln

-Reddit

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:36 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:How about have the axe/sword combo be the weapon? Axe is throwable, has the slow->stun ability.

How is this any different form what I've been saying? She uses the axe in one hand and the sword in the other, axe is throwable.

Axe doesn't freeze people by itself and is part of a set.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:How is this any different form what I've been saying? She uses the axe in one hand and the sword in the other, axe is throwable.

Axe doesn't freeze people by itself and is part of a set.

Eh, I guess that works. Could also make it so the freeze effect only happens on throws to keep it from being too powerful. Keeping the number of stacks needed for paralysis high should keep the sword reasonable with DOT now gone.
-Anonymous

-Abraham Lincoln

-Reddit

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Username: Suzuki

Class: Swashbuckler- Blend of Dual Blade and Juggler
Equipment:
Ice Bringer (Artifact Class)- A small, single bladed axe used for both throwing and close quarters combat. Has a return enchantment on it so that it returns to its owner's hand at will along with the elemental property of freezing sections of an enemy's body hit by throwing it for a slowing or crippling effect.

Unholy Death (Artifact Class)- One-handed short sword with high attack speed and an on hit effect of poison that stacks. The poison's effect is mainly to slow the target more and more as stacks are added. The effect is very weak at first, but as more hits are landed it strengthens until eventually reaching paralysis. Once the target is paralyzed they stay that way for 3 seconds, then the stacks go down to 1/4 of max and are stackable once more.

Skills:
Viper's Thrash- Intermediate
Early Thrust- Intermediate
Break Trigger- Hidden
Whirlwind- Intermediate
Quick Assault- Intermediate
Round Windmill- Intermediate
End of Act- Hidden
Danse Macabre- Intermediate
Bloody Piercing- Intermediate
Dual Bet- Hidden
Multiple Bets- Hidden
Razor Edge- Intermediate
Unicorn Jump- Intermediate

Biography: Suzuki lived a fairly popular life in the real world. It was hard not to like her and she enjoyed a large circle of friends because of it. Despite this popularity, she continued to be a friendly face to all, often making it her goal to not see anyone left out or without a smile on their face. This fun loving and likeable nature was also very apparent when she became a part of Elder Tales. Soon she found herself surrounded by a good group of friends who she enjoyed being with, but they were all simply too split by guilds to form one of their own. This also kept her away from joining any pre-existing one, as she felt putting a label on herself would keep her from meeting and helping the most people possible. Suzuki soon made it her job to help the lower levels, and this policy continued after the Catastrophe.

Okay, that should be everything besides cleaning up the weapons issue.
Last edited by Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Anonymous

-Abraham Lincoln

-Reddit

Saskisdi
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saskisdi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Cainesland wrote:What does the knight subclass do? I noticed there's no official info on it.

It's not featured in the anime or the book, so just don't choose it. Since there's no way to know what it does, it wouldn't be fair to just make up its powers. Besides, there are many other subclasses to choose from.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Are we all in the Japanese server?

If so, Is it possible to be an Izumo knight? I wasn't sure because they sounded extinct and like people of the land.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Saskisdi wrote:
Cainesland wrote:What does the knight subclass do? I noticed there's no official info on it.

It's not featured in the anime or the book, so just don't choose it. Since there's no way to know what it does, it wouldn't be fair to just make up its powers. Besides, there are many other subclasses to choose from.

Ok, thank you. I won't select it then.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse