NATION

PASSWORD

The Bidding on a weapon (OPEN FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:44 pm

The Battle:

Captain, the ship husks are still heading toward us. They have somehow gained control of the engines and they are doing a hard burn to get them here for when they overload.

Calm down Carl, our dimensional shields will hold because most of the brunt force will be reflected by the Mobius. We just have to be sure to not have the overlapping spheres of detonation coincide with the ship. An uncontained explosion will dissipate its energy in every direction of a sphere, resulting in a lot less energy delivered over a shorter range. It’s not as if they are shaped charges….

I guess you are right Kar’Sohn, I…

Shhh, I have an idea. Move the ship right up next to the closest ship and take a reading of the stability of the reactor. If we time this right then we will turn their attempt back onto them.

What are you planning?

Get me the other ship; we need to work this out together.

Minutes later the aliens would see the two frigates were not trying to get away, they were closing on the nearest reactors. According to their instruments, those two husks were about to go sky high and presumably take those cursed Ta’Nar with them. The Demonic closed with one husk and The Forlorn with another. They both hesitated, seeming to wait for something and then at the very last few seconds began moving, with their bows pointed at the enemy flagship.

5, 4…

The frigates moved forward…

3, 2…

The Mobius Aperture swallowed the husk…

1…BOOM!!

Within the Aperture, the core detonated, sending out massive energies. Due to the wreck being within the wormhole, the energy was not expended in all directions; it was wrapped around upon itself and emitted through the mouth of the Aperture. The detonation was turned into shaped charge, multiple times the strength and range of the original, and pointed at the alien flagship. It would be similar to a gamma pumped graser, except it used the entire core of the ship instead of a small nuclear explosion. It was the same thing with The Forlorn but from a different angle.

Of course this was not seen clearly because the other five cores also ruptured, forming a screen of energy blinding all the sensors making it so that neither side could see each other. The Apertures created an umbrella effect, protecting the ships from the frontal assault caused by the detonating cores. The energy washed around behind the protective barrier, licking against the stern of the ship, causing it to take damage from the backwash. Hot massive energies caused the matter to be disintegrated but the energy and radiation was absorbed into the material fueling the regeneration. By the time the radioactive cloud of explosions cleared, the ships would be whole again and appear as if they were undamaged by the explosion.

Space:

The Swarm met near the spot where the station used to be and formed a sphere of squirming ever moving mass of black metal. They seemed to pack themselves closer together and appeared to liquefy, merging together into a giant sphere containing the missing mass of the destroyed seven ships. Shapes seemed to writhe under the surface and suddenly a too familiar one seemed to break out of the mass. It appeared to be one of the destroyed ships. Of course, it did not contain the drive nor the power core, they had not been eaten or assimilated so could not be replicated by the Swarm. In their place, a Space Minus Powertap and the Dimensional Drives of the Ta’Nar stood in for the original equipment. The additional space was loaded full of the weapons Overmind pulled out of the devoured repair and maintenance schematics of all seven ships. A second and a third vessel rose from the sphere to join the already completed one with all too familiar bulges of a fourth and fifth beginning to rise from the mass. The remaining mass of the sphere took on a familiar shape, one of the Weapon everyone had come to bid on. The schematics taken from that core before the original was detonated was used to good measure, and according to the seller, the Ta’Nar were the winners since they were able to recreate it.

Lar’Sohn took the call from the Replicants since the Kythons were busy assembling a force to remove the Threat. The Advisor sent a message to the Replicants using her Cyberpsi instead of the normal radio transmissions since she had none available to her at this minute.

I am Advisor Lar’Sohn.

We never wished to fight you in the first place, you are the ones that attacked us. Now you wish to call a truce?

I will give you a chance; most of those who attack us end up like that fellow over there, their own weapons turned against them. I am in a good mood, I have accomplished my mission here and gained the Weapon and only a set of schematics survives in the enemy’s databanks. It will take them a long time to gain the ability to recreate the level of temporal technology needed to construct the device, perhaps centuries if we follow them back home and make sure.

You may wish to steer clear of the flagship for we are going to concentrate our firepower on it to remove its shielding and armor. Once its hull is penetrated, you can have it for lunch. We have fed enough here and do not want to be gluttons.

After the picnic is over we can meet to discuss future operations.

EDIT: On the good side, the Grav Torps dissappeared in the core detonations so you can ignore those I launched already.
Last edited by Balrogga on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 pm

173rd keyed a channel back in reply.

"Advisor Lar'Sohn, we apologize for the attack, our prime directive required the assimilation of the advanced technologies and materials located in this sector. Replicators do not often make cease fires due to the demands of the directives rendering null any agreements. So to appease this need, we may ask for the weapon's plans, or at least a description of its working principle."

The two ships withdrew from the battleground, clicking together to form a variation of the original ship.
FACTBOOK
Replicators are machines with 3 prime directives- replicate, defend each other, and obtain more powerful technology. They increase expotentially. There are two ways Replicators can be built: blocks and nanites. Blocks are 1-inch pieces that work as computers, and nanites are microscopic versions. Block Replicators replicate by spraying a corrosive onto the desired metal, and working it into either shape. Nanite Replicators form units at a molecular level. Both kinds can absorb high amounts of energy from the environment.

The Drone Empire wrote:But thats only because your just plain out nearly invincible. Noone could efeat you. Ever. Everever. Not even Jenrak.. Unless he god-modded..

We are going to every place you've ever been.

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Lar’Sohn replied to the Replicant

Truthfully, it employs some half-assed shoddy research in Temporal Technology to cause the target to age rapidly. This technology has been unofficially and mutually outlawed by many nations in the galaxy because it is just plain dangerous. While using it you run the risk of creating deadly time paradoxes and other disturbances in the space time continuum. IF it fell into the wrong hands it would cause the said nation to be targeted by some of those who object to its existence. What would happen to you if your circuits were aged to the extent they did not function anymore? Check out the readings in the area where the weapon was tested, there are ruptures forming that will cause problems if they are not closed properly, the task I intend to undertake after those idiots over there are dealt with.

When Overmind was in the core copying everything, he detected the presence of another AI. It seems the ones in that ship we are defending ourselves from has a copy of the schematics and are trying to get away. If they get away, I am certain there will be a visit to their homeworlds within a short time. There was at least one nation who warned the pirate Frak about selling his toy. I am certain they would like to know about the stolen schematics. Of course, if you can get to the AI and devour the data in it first, then you will gain the schematics directly from the core, the only ones left in the material world because I doubt that Frak bought the toy.

Honestly we did not plan on ever using it, just preventing irresponsible meatbags from gaining it and causing problems they cannot fix. If it means we have to use it on them then we will but if you wish to give it a try, I will let you attempt before I give them Alzheimers.
Last edited by Balrogga on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 am

OOC: I'll post as soon as Gank does because I need to know some stuff about the Rammer so I can know what to do with the other half of my ships. I'll post my next move here so as not to clutter the RP.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:59 am

"In that case, since we already have another race's, the Asgard's, Temporal Technology that works well enough for us, and do not require a 'half-assed' one, we will respect your wishes and stop our attempt to assimilate the plans. I think you do not need to know the technicalities of our function in such an undiginified position, so I will refrain from boring you with that," 173rd replied.
Last edited by Cybernetic Replicants on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FACTBOOK
Replicators are machines with 3 prime directives- replicate, defend each other, and obtain more powerful technology. They increase expotentially. There are two ways Replicators can be built: blocks and nanites. Blocks are 1-inch pieces that work as computers, and nanites are microscopic versions. Block Replicators replicate by spraying a corrosive onto the desired metal, and working it into either shape. Nanite Replicators form units at a molecular level. Both kinds can absorb high amounts of energy from the environment.

The Drone Empire wrote:But thats only because your just plain out nearly invincible. Noone could efeat you. Ever. Everever. Not even Jenrak.. Unless he god-modded..

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:42 pm

I am not sure if you misunderstood me or not. We do not care if you assimilate them or not, we just warned you off so you do not get caught in the crossfire of our attacks. It's just from our perspective, the technology is flawed and does more damage than good, the reason we feel it must be kept from those who would use it without considering the consequences and end up creating temporal paradoxes whenever they used it. It is not that it is a better weapon, it is a flawed one and soon to be in the hands of a nursery full of infants who will hurt everyone by their giggling and shooting. It would be better to eliminate the threat now than having to deal with the temporal anomalies later after they destroyed themselves.

Lar'Sohn paused for a moment to see if 173'rd understood better before continuing.

After we crack their defenses, we will stop firing and then let you clean up if you wish. There might be something interesting in their weapons locker for you to plunder. We got an assortment from the ships we devoured but I am certain there are others on their flagship to gain. We can share if you wish so we all will leave the battlefield with the same data afterwards. What do you think?

Ordering lunch

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:52 am

173rd mused over the deal offered to him. It sounded good, but 3rd Iteration humaniforms thought many deals sounded good that the normal 1st Iteration class would have refused. A 1st Iteration wouldn't have communicated at all; just call for billons of reinforcements and wipe everyone off the map. But then again, 3rd Iterations were designed to overcome the limited programming of the earlier model.

He commed the ship. "It's a fair deal. Your offer is accepted. Do you require assistance?" 173rd doubted it, but it was only diplomatic - if you can call dividing the other side's spoils up while he's still standing there diplomacy - if he asked.
FACTBOOK

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 pm

OOC: Assuming Gank is on an extended break. Also, Balrogga do you have a factbook with a section on your navy. I'm kind of stumped by these weapons and shields.

Something was wrong, Athena realized. The singularities that were protecting the Tar'Nar ships were expanding. Time is different to an A.I. If they want time doesn't even have to move. They can just think faster, and time will stop. Athena stared at the husks of the frigates and the singularities expanding edges. She looked at the states of the frigates' reactors. She realized that they wouldn't detonate until they were inside the shields, and that the openings of the shields were slowly moving into alignment with the Pillar of Anguish. She maxed out the sublight drive, bringing the ship to some 80% the speed of light, trying to get all 44,000 meter of the massive warship out of the line of fire.

Her infrared sensors went blind as the reactors detonated inside of the shields. As she switched to the visible light spectrum a column of flame burst from the singularity. Only three seconds had gone by in real life, but to Athena it had felt like a lifetime. As the Pillar of Anguish raced into the void the column clipped it's stern and sent it tumbling off. Crew members went flying across the decks as the inertial dampeners overloaded. Athena fired the thrusters to counter the momentum. Slowly the ship stopped. "What the fuck was that!" blurted Admiral Tegalthus. "They trapped the frigate husks and managed to direct the force of the blast back on us. It took two destroyers and dropped our shields to 82% with just the small grazing strike that hit us." replied Athena. Fortunately the shields recharged fast enough and were already at 84%. "At least it took out the missiles."

"Hopefully they're out of missiles." mumbled Tegalthas. "Commodore Nivenus, I need supplement forces. Send half of the sub-fleet." It would be a minute or two before they arrived. They were a good distance away. He addressed the rest of the fleet, "All ships, switch to energy weapons, and take up evasive maneuvers. Pound the Tar'Nar!"

As he surveyed the viewscreens he saw something worrisome. The replicators, sitting just beyond the battle field. He opened a channel. No harm in trying he thought.

The is Admiral Tegalthus of the Kreanolthan Imperial Navy. I apologize for being so blunt, but why did you attack us and then stop so suddenly? We have had no pervious contact with your race before. I hope that I am wrong, but I can only assume that you are allies of the Tar'Nar. If I am wrong then I hope you will be open to concession between us that would spell defeat for the Tar'Nar.

OOC: Losses:

Perseus Class Frigates: 8
Ajax Class Destroyers: 2
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 pm

173rd heard the Admiral's message and responded. "I am 173rd humaniform, 3rd Iteration, of the Replicators. We have just completed a deal with the Tar'Nar: They destroy you and the weapon plans in your possession, and thus protect the galaxy from harm; we devour your remains and assimilate your technology into our own; and then we trade information and part allies. What have you to offer to persuade us?"
FACTBOOK

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Cybernetic Replicants wrote:173rd heard the Admiral's message and responded. "I am 173rd humaniform, 3rd Iteration, of the Replicators. We have just completed a deal with the Tar'Nar: They destroy you and the weapon plans in your possession, and thus protect the galaxy from harm; we devour your remains and assimilate your technology into our own; and then we trade information and part allies. What have you to offer to persuade us?"

"Gilthonos and I have just finished going over the design of the weapon. There are absolutely no flaws in it. I'm sure this is another trick of the Tar'Nar. Athena said upon hearing the message. "This is just another play by the Tar'Nar to destroy us." "Right," said Admiral Tegalthus, "Can we combine this with our own temporal research to make an improved version?" "If we had the proper materials we could do it here, but alas." replied Athena. Tegalthus pulled up a hologram of the battlefield and stared at the dispraportunatly powerful Tar'Nar frigates, the replicator ship, the bleeding Rammer, and his own ships. In any other engagement he would have dominated, but the Tar'Nar's infuriating shields were perplexing him. He malked over to the com.s station and sent his reply.

The Tar'Nar lied to you. My artificial intelligences have scoured the designs. There are no flaws in the weapon. Help us destroy these Cretans, and in exchange we will leave you their technology, which appears to be far more advanced then our own, and one of our frigates with a copy of the plans to the weapon. Think it over.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 am

"I did not say the Tar'Nar said the weapon was flawed. Only that they thought it was dangerous. Also, they have told us they did not intend to use the weapon. You appear in no position of strength, and your fleet contains far more consumable resources than even their better vessels have. You fail to move me," 173rd told the Admiral.
FACTBOOK

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Space, Main Battlefield:

Captain, Mobius Aperture stabilized. That blast nearly took them out. The damage from the blowback caught our stern and it compromised the emitters. I have regenerated the damage and stabilized the Aperture and we are fully functional again.

Thanks you, keep us pointed directly at the flagship. In case anything else is tried, we will be in the correct position. What is the condition of the Grav Torps?

They appear to have been vaporized by the plasma storm.

I see, let the magazines refill before we start firing more.

I see, Captain, I am detecting massive energy weapon firing on our position.

Are they still using the same tactic?

Yes, they are attempting to fire from a long distance. At these ranges, they cannot help but have their weapons fire be interceded by the Aperture and then returned.

Then they will never win; only defeat themselves with their own fire

Space, Weapon:

The massive frigates hovered around the weapon. They slightly resembled the original ones, the ones devoured by the Kython Infection but there had been a few modifications. The first being they were composed of that too familiar black metal. The second is they did not possess the drives the original design used. Instead the stern was smooth and unbroken, replaced by the Ta’Nar completely internalized drives. The most obvious was the weapons blisters. The frigate possessed more than their counterparts and they were not only those weapons assigned to their class, they had all the “good stuff” that was outlined in the repair schematics taken from the archives in the devoured ships. This meant these five vessels were even deadlier versions of the ones their enemy was using and it seemed their enemy was unaware of their existence. The vessels had their own Shipmind and they were more than capable of commanding this archaic tech. They would rather use their own weaponry but their Masters demanded they first use the enemy’s own weapons on them. After that they get the “good stuff”.

The Shipminds powered up the MACs, the Plasma Lances, and the Energy Projectors. All were targeting the lead enemy vessel. A virtual hail of MAC projectiles left the frigates, leaving a cloud of haze traveling nearly the speed of light directly toward the enemy position. Plasma Lances followed; moving somewhat slower by their nature but the energy weapons quickly overtook the MAC cloud and passed them by at the speed of light. They would hit before there was an indication they were fired unless they had FTL sensors like the Ta’Nar possessed.

The Weapon did not fire, it did not even charge. The display was merely to show the enemy captain they possessed the device and was able to use it but there was no intention to do so. The Weapon instead liquefied and shifted into a new shape, black metal flowing as if in some nightmare where reality did not matter. Forming a perfect sphere, it merely waited, perhaps taunting the enemy by its inactivity as if saying “I don’t even have to use all my resources to take you out, I can fight with one hand tied behind my back” or something childish like that. In reality, the sphere was waiting to see how the attack was going before Overmind decided what to do. If using their own weapons was not successful, he would authorize bringing out some bigger guns.

Nearby stood Lar’Sohn, she was hovering nearby in hard vacuum in the location she had stood when the station was obliterated. Her photonic body appearing as the human form seen by the fleeing prey she had hunted only a few minutes ago. She wanted to go after him but her duties ad Advisor over rode her desires to tear the meatbag to shreds. There would be time for that later after they cripple those ships.

Ordering lunch

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:42 pm

"Sir weapons fire detected from the area near the station! They are our weapons! It has to be the Tar'Nar." said Athena breathlessly. They must have copied our ship designs while they were devouring the dead ships. Oh God, Earth! They must know where it is! They can not leave this system." I wasn't going to let them," said Admiral Tegalthus. "Weapons! Ready our five Super Nova missiles and lay them around near the Tar'Nar ships and the weapons." "Sir yes sir!" retorted the weapons officer as he typed the commands into the computer.

Soon stealth missiles shot out of the hull, each carrying six exaton nuclear warhead, the equivalent 6 × 1018 tons of TNT, and, guided by Athena, slipped into the center of the battle field or near the zombie frigates near the weapon. As she positioned the missiles she was careful to avoid the Tar'Nar's near invincible shielding. "Set them to blow as soon as our slipspace ruptures close." ordered Tegalthus. "All ships!" he ordered into the fleetwide coms system, "Assemble for jump!" He typed in several commands and dropped the interdictors. As the fleet congregated around the Pillar of Anguish, the space in front of her collapsed and a blindingly bright hole formed, rimed with purple. The fleet entered, and the hole closed behind them. Almost at the exact time the rupture closed the missiles detonated. A firestorm surged through the star system.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Debris and flames roiled through the system, but the replicator ship remained. After ejecting another batch of dead blocks, it began accelerating towards the fleet's jump point.

173rd was listening to the chatter of the blocks as they informed him of the fleet's position and progress. A boiling lightning storm opened a hole in space and the replicators jumped into hyperspace after the enemy. They could have engaged the fleet actually within hyperspace, if they had jumped into the same rift, or if 173rd wanted to risk something like that, but simple pursuit will do for now. They would only track the fleet based on the radiation tag they had assigned it earlier.

But then other points began coming up on the mental screens of the replicants, following the line of the Admiral's fleet. 173rd contacted those points as his ship moved through hyperspace.

"22nd Humaniform of the 1st Iteration, this is 173rd of the 3rd Iteration, we are tracking a large hostile fleet moving relatively near your station. You may want to move in."

"173rd Humaniform of the 3rd Iteration, this is 22nd of the 1st Iteration, is your so called large hostile fleet large enough for my entire station?"

"No, just bring an arm, it should be over quickly. I'm giving you the tracking, pull them out of FTL with a gravity well, 10 yottagrams should do it. They are carrying a weapons plan that they shouldn't have. Take care of them, 22nd."

"Like hell."
FACTBOOK

The Gank Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gank Federation » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:46 am

Frak looked back at the remains of the weopon and the other ship. He wouldn't get rich now. But he didn't want that. He wanted The Rammer to get away. If neccesary, he would use some gold deposits on planets he stored. But only as a last result. Soon, he would be far enough away to make a jump far away from the place.

OOC: im not sure why anyone needed me to post, cause from what i read, nothing is affecting me. Maybe there is, but i can't find it.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Confused about my races in FT Posts?
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83369

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Admiral Tegalthus looked down at his slipspace monitoring display. There was another signature following them at FTL speeds, but it wasn't in slipspace. "Athena? Examine this signature." Archaic symbols scrolled across her holographic form as she performed googles of calculations. She spoke at last, "It's the Replicator ship, sir. It must be tracking us using our drives radiation signature, but it isn't in slipspace. It's in hyperspace." Tegalthus paced across the expansive bridge, pondering his options. At length he interrogated the A.I. "Athena, can he attack from hyperspace?" "No sir," she quickly replied, "we're in two different universes it the moment."

The ship shuttered. Tegalthus braced himself against the control console, and many of the lieutenants barely kept themselves from tumbling out of their stations. "If they can't attack than what the fuck was that!" the Admiral blared angrily. Lights and klaxons went off across the bridge against the dull, titanium plating that made up the surface of the panels and consoles of the bridge. The slipspace drive's control station was lit up with warning lights as the navigation officer typed furiously while he poured over the read-out. "Sir!" Athena shouted over the clamor. "We hit a massive gravity well! It's pulled us well off course!" "Can we correct it?!" Tegalthus shouted back. "Not while in slipspace sir! We can max power to the drive and get the hell out of here though. Once we drop out we can make our position and make a few random jumps to get the replicators off of our ass. Sir! one more thing. I haven't see anything of the Tar'Nar ships."

Tegalthus walked over to the coms station. "All ships! Max power to the slipspace drives. Shut down life-support and gravity in uninhabited sections if need be." The ops officer typed several commands into his station, and almost immediately the outer layers of the ship went dark and lifeless. The same scene played out across the entire fleet. As they lowered the power demands of the ship the A.I.s directed that extra power to the slipspace drives. The drives soaked up the extra power like a sponge, surging the fleet from around 65,000 lightyears per hour, due to the magnificational effect created by the overlapping effects of the individual ships' slipspace drives operating in concert, to over 80,000 lightyears per hour. "Sir, at this speed we will be well out side of the Milky Way in about forty-five minutes." Athena said. Tegalthus responded after a moment, "Keep us here for another hour. We'll drop out and make a jump back into the galaxy out side of IIRK territory. Make two more outside of our territory and then jump back in." Tegalthas returned to pacing in front of his console, trying to find where he had gone wrong in his last engagement with the Tar'Nar.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:39 pm

22nd flashed back a message to 173rd. "They got away. They're using a different kind of FTL, not hyperspace."

173rd scowled, but nobody saw him but a few metal spiders. "Use everything then. Use the whole damn galaxy and squash them."

"Are they worth so much?"

The 3rd Iterant considered. "Not really. But it's a matter of honor!"

"Think, 173rd. Do not let emotions get in your way. What is honor? Only an insubstantial medieval concept." A twinge of hatred channeled down the electronic pathways and she considered that in surprise. She had not thought the 3rd Iterant model was advanced enough to experience such strong feelings. That would have to be corrected in the next variant. "I will see what I can do, nonetheless." She rechanneled her thoughts into a private memory bank and considered. It was not wise to upset a replicator on a rampage - the failed 2nd Iteration was proof of that.

Meanwhile, communication blocks chirped all over the galaxy, as well as in several others. What appeared to be peaceful little planets dissolved and reformed. However, they were not pursuing the enemy fleet, far from it. 22nd's cold mind had detected what she believed was a mentally unstable humaniform, and she decided to eliminate it. A well placed gravity well blast, that hadn't worked on the Admiral's fleet, worked on the replicator ship, and a blast of specialized ion energy broke up the vessel.

As the replicator ship crumbled, small squares flaking away into blank space, 173rd stared electronically at 22nd in shock. She smiled. And then he fell into a silvery powder that wafted away in the glare of an alien sun.

OOC:
I want to finish up in this thread. It's unfair to use every rep in the galaxy for this.
FACTBOOK

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Cybernetic Replicants wrote:OOC: I want to finish up in this thread. It's unfair to use every rep in the galaxy for this.

OOC: I was kind of hoping Bal would have intervened by now. He always makes things... interesting.

EDIT: Awesome way to end it. I could totally see First from SG-1 doing something like that.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Overmind was directing the ships he had made from the swarm. According to sensors, the enemy fleet was lining up into formation to leave. Since the enemy’s own Comm Systems were infected and consumed, they were part of the new hybrid vessels. Overmind was listening to the orders dispatched by the command ship and taking them into account. The Admiral had called for launch of five of their Super Nova missiles. A quick check on them in the newly gained information ingested into the Group Mind of the Kythons suggested a device that was rather messy but effective.

Getting an idea, Overmind contacted the Advisor using her personal telepathic Link. In the speed of thought a plan was discussed and agreed upon. Removing itself from the mind of its creator, Overmind reached out and took control of all the Kython Shipminds in the system. Using their own technology against them, Shipmind tracked the five missiles during their delivery while the enemy fleet was lining up for their escape. As the enemy entered their Slipspace, loosing contact with their dreaded enemy, the Ta’Nar ships Uplifted, barely moments before the Slipspace shunts closed and the detonations from the weapons flooded the system.

Since the Ta’Nar ships were the target and explosions expand significantly slower than light, they would be seen long before they became a danger to anyone but the targeted Ta’Nar vessels. To the others in the system, it would appear the Ta’Nar were caught in the explosions and most likely vaporized. Unknown to them, the Ta’Nar were simply sitting outside the Space-Time Continuum watching the fireworks.

Shipmind, analyze those computer banks. There is a reason they used that weapon. It was an act of desperation; they wanted to hide something you absorbed from their data cores.

That was the same idea I had Lar'Sohn. So far I can see weapon specs, navigation charts, ship schematics, reports of expeditions, and crew medical reports. Nothing to warrant such a reaction.

Perhaps we should go and ask them, did you get the coordinates they used for their jump?

Yes, it was broadcast throughout the fleet as part of their Orders. I doubt they were even aware their communications were compromised.

Let’s do that. First upload everything back to The Fist. Include all the data you got from the enemy ships and from the Weapon. Then take us to Real Space and request a worm hole. Unless they get to their destination within ten minutes, we should beat them there.

Right away Advisor.

The two frigates, five Hybrids, and the sphere returned to Real Space. After a minute or two they disappeared into a wormhole which seemed to appear out of nowhere...

OOC:

If you want to continue this in another Thread, let me know and start one. Make it CLOSED and we can invite only those who should be there. TG me the link.
Last edited by Balrogga on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ordering lunch

Cybernetic Replicants
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cybernetic Replicants » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 am

Kreanoltha wrote:EDIT: Awesome way to end it. I could totally see First from SG-1 doing something like that.

OOC: It seemed more to me like RepliCarter destroying Fifth, but First would probably do it too. I'm a little sorry I up and killed by 173rd though, he was a good RP replicator. I don't really want to continue, I just want to withdraw my troops and call it a game.
Last edited by Cybernetic Replicants on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FACTBOOK

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 am

OOC:

I wrote my post so the Thread can be taken elsewhere and not involve you unless you wanted,

Ordering lunch

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 am

Balrogga wrote:OOC:

I wrote my post so the Thread can be taken elsewhere and not involve you unless you wanted,

OOC: That is probably a good idea. I'm working on an OP but I'm a slow writer when it come to this kind of stuff.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:31 am

Just let me know the time and place. I will be there waiting.

Ordering lunch

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents