NATION

PASSWORD

Issue 221 hardly lowering tax rate

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Issue 221 hardly lowering tax rate

Postby Jute » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:57 am

So as a (almost desperate) last resort effort to reduce what it says on my nation overview page to be my tax rate (which was about "98.9 %") I answered option 1 of issue #221.

I even got the right result: "55 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Jute, the government is in utter turmoil following the the recent abolishment of the tax code."

However, it doesn't seem to have much of an effect, because it now says: "The average income tax rate is 97.9%. "

My economy (heavily relying on subsidies, as far as I know) is still rated as "strong", education and welfare programs don't seem to have taken too much damage either, and murder rates are only at 0.6 %. Why didn't my economy crash, is it because I didn't choose option 3?
Last edited by Jute on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Could anyone tell me if this is the result I should have been expecting?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm

After about 5 years of complaints, we revised the stats on that issue so they weren't as severe. There's a player-created discussion thread on the subject in Got Issues? if you'd like further information.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Sanctaria wrote:After about 5 years of complaints, we revised the stats on that issue so they weren't as severe. There's a player-created discussion thread on the subject in Got Issues? if you'd like further information.

Aww man, I was looking forward to getting a fresh start with this nation. I guess you can't please everyone, but it seems like the text result doesn't match the stats anymore, since still having "97 % tax rate" displayed doesn't sound like abolishing tax to me...

Return to Technical