NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 39 (RPs, scores, and rosters)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Old Beringia

Starters:
Goal Keeper: Jeff Faison
Defense: Adam Davidson
Defense: Rory Buxton
Defense: Jackson Marie
Defense: Cassio Greece
Defense: Lucas Watts
Midfielder: Allen Bermingham
Midfielder: Kenneth Hubbard
Midfielder: Philipp Meister
Forward: Aaron Muller
Forward: Kyle White

Subs:
Goal Keeper: Scott Warden
Defense: Jason Miller
Defense: Louie Houge
Defense: Francis Green
Midfield: Shi Yen
Midfield: Curtis Horn
Forward: James Shaw

OOC:
Select my scorers: Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes although I will determine the type of injury
Give out red cards to my players: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod scoring events: No
Godmod other events: No

Style Modifier: +2
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:58 pm

((Important note: I do not compete with Todd McCloud, as that nation has a population of one, lol. Instead, the nation that will compete is Vekaiyu, a nation populated with Vulpines. Thanks!))

Vekaiyun Holy Republic National Soccer Club (VHRNSC)

Colors: Red, Black, White, Olive

Manager: Ikalo Suvelistre
Style:-2
Formation: 4-3-3

Starting lineup
Position Age	#	Name	       Home Club
GK 23 1 Ilo Kuseri Eldura
LB 25 7 Enlil Vivisistre Calesu
CB 27 5 Vanyo Suberi Skendia
CB 26 2 Kevo Nebisastre Provinsk
RB 18 4 Viktor Irevi Eldura
CDM 32 14 Ehjy X'kalso Relusi (Listonia)
LCM 24 18 Yamano Siri Iruk
RCM 24 19 Yiisu Kuverle Lire
LF 29 27 Stapen Libesistre Provinsk
RF 22 22 Yamano Ulevistre Provinsk
ST 25 20 Vinsent Keperi Caviru

Reserves:
Position	Age	#	Name	Home Club
GK 21 9 Lso Beselari Veli'alu
CB 24 6 Erulo Sakaponi Lurasi
CB 20 3 Herul Nedishevi Fek
LB/RB 20 8 Reko Eviri Ivessi
F 28 11 Kuselo Kevarli Ye'leli (Listonia)
F 27 12 Nyl Ulesistre Kerilo
ST 24 29 Nyl Isleverisiri Veli'alu
CDM 23 23 Ehjy Luvensku Skendia
LCM/RCM 22 24 Reko Misire Ves

RP permissions
My opponent may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Roleplay injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events Y

Uniforms:
Vekaiyu's style of uniforms were chosen through a high school competition. The winning design was approved by Selvala McEva and will be used in all cup venues. They feature the Vekaiyun national colors - red, black, white, and olive. Written across the chest of the uniform is "Vekaiyu" written in Unonian.

Vekaiyu is honored to be featured in the opening match.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:20 pm

The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Haginonia
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haginonia » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Haginonia National Football Team
NSwiki Page

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: N
Godmod scoring events: N
Roleplay injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: N
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: N

Roster

Formation: 3-5-2
Style: 2

Starting Line-up

1. Arjen Classen GK

21. Carlos Alberto Torres D
14. Hans van Kohmel D
13. Sebastian Forlan D

15. Dario Gomez M
8. Frank Faletose M
5. Steve Kohler M
4. Lucio Valeri M
6. James Wilkshire M

2. Simba Emilike F
16. Emannuel Sarcharga F

SUBSTITUTES

12. Almutis Rekus K
23. Daniel Zimmerman k

11. Roldan Tamez D
7. Mohammad al Haliti D
20. Raul Boateng D
18. Chamu Masebelele D

17. William Richter M
3. George Dresden M
9. Brandan Taylor M

10. Lionel Mercado F
19. Samuel Ubakale F
22. Dario Puskas F

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:Folks, I know exactly what I'm doing.

Dang, that is a good idea. Awesome RP potential there.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Bass-Holes
Secretary

Founded: Jun 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bass-Holes » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 pm

The Bass-Hole Coral

The Piecoids of Bass-Holes will make their international sporting debut in Aguazul (Ed note: Agua and fish? what a combination!) against The Realm of Light at Estadio Cochaucho. While many think that the Piecoids (Ed Note: the offical name of our species as well as our team name!), might be like fish out of the water, we're not. We can breathe air and best of all, we got a few tricks up our scales, fins and tentacles. The team is lead by the twin Great Whites of Jayson & Kevin who will look to swallow up any counter-attacks and the outstanding goalkeeping of Kevin Octopus.

Yes we are unoriginal in our last names, but concidering that our families are large, it's easier this way, escpecially since anyone with the same last name is related to everyone else with the same last name. But Bass-Holes isn't completely a foriegn nation. We do live on land, most of us do anyway; but most people think that we live in water and will flop in this tourney.

Previewing our opponents, too be honest, we don't know much about any of them, as with us they are all making their debuts as well. From the looks of our scouts, the toughest games might be against Haginonia and Beddgelert. But in a Baptism of Fire, from the past results we have researched, almost anything can happen.

So expect the unexpected, prepare to be amazed at times and most of all, Go Piecoids!

Complete Schedule for Bass-Holes in Grupo Aeroeste:
MATCHDAY 1: The Realm of Light @ Estadio Cochaucho
MATCHDAY 2: Haginonia @ Estadio Conabora
MATCHDAY 3: Beddgelert @ Estadio Conabora
MATCHDAY 4: Streleheim @ Estadio Aramis Peralta
MATCHDAY 5: Aalnordhavn @ Estadio Cochaucho

Melki
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Melki » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:48 am

Todd McCloud wrote:
Bluth Corporation wrote:Folks, I know exactly what I'm doing.

Dang, that is a good idea. Awesome RP potential there.

Yeah, I TG'd him thinking he thought it was gridiron, then I read that post, and say "Oh, that's why!". Great RP, Bluth!

The proud creator of Bowlinator. Current version: 1.2

Host of The Nations' Cup 1, 2, and the Rugby Champions' League 1.
Played in the BoF 39.
I am a Post-MT nation. I will use nuclear weapons, if needed.
It is currently 2019 in Melki.
DEFCON 5 REDCON 2
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Personally, I think we should just learn to photosynthesise.

North Wiedna wrote:Sorry, my laptop won't let me search for anything with Bieber in it.

Add 449 Posts. Founded March 8, 2010. Formerly 'The St Timothy Isles'.

Evandonia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Evandonia » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 am

*The Screen pans to Evandonian Premier Evan Ambrose in his desk*

Evan Ambrose:Hello world, this is Evandonian Premier Evan Ambrose and I'm here to talk to you about the upcoming football tournament the 39th Baptism of Fire in which Evandonia is in. First let's talk about the host nations. We are in the Virabia side of the Tournament. We are honored to play in this beautiful nation, that let's the people free and chains the corporations. Deep joy falls upon me when i hear that Virabia does not allow the cruel and unjust murder of innocent animals to happen in it's borders and we will be more than happy not to eat meat inside of their nation. We will be glad to see the wonders of Virabia. Now unto the nations in our group.We are in Grupo Costa Misqual along with United Slavia, Arteviez, The Ottish Empire, Millsa, and Sufidan. Let's start with United Slavia shall we?
United Slavia is a nation we like. No prisions or cars, a lot of Civil rights, and legal euthanasia. We are glad to open up against them as we are Baptized into Fire. Arteviez is a nation with some things we like and dislike. We dislike the barring of certain races from entering great schools, being forced into the military and that 8% of it's budget goes to religion and spirituality. But on a positive note, Meat eating is shunned and Dog breeding is illeagal. They are just another nameless nations to us. The Ottoish Empire is a blight on humankind and on this tournament. With such evil deeds going on in their nation like a list of Names you must pick from to name your own children, lynching other nation's tourists and outlawing bicycles. When we face them they shall be brought to light by football! The nation of Millsa is not in favor with Evandonia. Boosting corporations powers, favoring a certain religion, and sending citizens to defend a square mile exclave are all in bad taste. Though restricting what lending firms can do is a great step forward. Sufidan is not in favor with Evandonia either. With low civil rights and political freedoms, and forcing fliers to unnecessary searches it's not a great nation. Though seizing property for the good of the people is agreeable. Overall we are excited for such an oppurtunity and to face some good nations and some bad nations in the fine game of football.
Economic Left/Right: -5.12 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Ziok
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ziok » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am

The Empire of Ziok National Team Roster & Information

Although only having a national team since 2010, many of the players have extensive expierence in the international relm by playing for foreign clubs. (The Ziok futbol association does not recognize playing client state teams as international matches even though technically all client states are independant nations)

Team Nickname: The Knights
Home Stadium: Imperial Field, Lokidia (seats 124,000)
Uniform: Home- All solid Red. Away- All solid black
Formation:3:4:3 or 2:4:4
Coach- Yuriah Nijjan. Age:56. Played for a Ziok club (Lokidia Imperials) for 6 years winning 2 national cups and one Concert of Client States Cup. Also played with success on an international club team for 10 years.
Ass.Coach- Kina Pittrial. Age:45. Played for a Ziok club (Finna Hawks) for 12 years, winning 1 national cup and 3 Concert of Client States Cups.

Team
Starters will be underlined

Strikers
Tijja Houran(center)- Age:26. Has played for the Lokidia Imperials for 6 years. Although he is very skilled, he is sometimes seen as a ball hog, at times opting for shooting far out rather than pass to an open teammate. Holds Ziok record for goals. Goals:86. Skills: Break Aways. Weakness: Ball hog

Yuriah Nijjan Jr. (Left)- Age:23. Son of the coach, he has without a doubt gotten his fathers skill. He has played for a foreign club since the age of 19, becoming the second highest paied player. Dispite his skill, he plays rough, getting carded at least once a game. Goals:21. Skills:Corners/Free kicks. Weakness:Plays Rough

Peatrea Hourna (right)- Age:25. Signed onto a foreign club at 18, he returned to play for the Ounna Storms at 23, becoming a national star, scoring a record 6 goals in one match against client state Poppli in the Client State Cup finals. Goals:28. Skills:Keeping possession. Weakness:Rather short at 5'8", has a hard time headding.

Marrin Cspico- Age:22. Plays for Royal Wessina club sence age 19. Best known for his goal from the midfield that won the Imperial Cup in 2008. Skills: Great long shots. Weakness: Has trouble with short passes. Goals: 18

Ida Jimma- Age:26 Played for the Imperials for 2 years before signing for a foreign club. Highest goal record for current club. Goals:31. Skills:PKs Weakness:Has a tendancy to get injured.

Midfield

Tannao Rivara (LC)- Age:26. Plays for Giarra United. Best known for scoring 2 goals within 5 min in his first Imperial Cup. Goals: 22. Skills:Fast (sprints in the 200m for the olympics). Weakness: Cant pass/shoot very far
Evanal Vollis (RC)- Age:26 Plays for Giarra United alongside Rivara. Good Solid player, not really being too great, or too bad at anything. Goals:15. Skills:N/A. Weakness: N/A
Xiia Nivva (RR)- Age:24 Capitan of the team. Can out maneuver almost anyone he comes up against, plays for the Imperials. Was out last year for 3 months with a bum knee. Goals:23. Skills:Ball handling. Weakness: Has a knee that sometimes still gives him problems.
Finna Rovvan (LL)- Age:25. Played for Giarra United from age 20 to 22 before signing for a foreign club. During his time in Ziok, he helped his team win the Imperial Cup. Goals:17. Skills:Good Passes. Weakness: heading
Igora Pitrnassa- Age:25. Plays for Eloa Saints, played in the clubs only appearence in the Imperial Cup finals. Scored two goals in the Concert Cup. Goals:13. Skills:Lucky. Weakness:Tends to get fouled alot.
Killan Higanra- Age:22. Still wet behind the ears, Killan has alot of room to improve. Plays for Eloa Saints. Goals:7. Skills:Tackles. Weakness: Lousy shot

Defence

Yinna Tostol (C)-Age:27 Plays for the Imperials, keeps a cool head through the game, seen as the key defender. Goals:2. Skills:Excellent defender. Weakness:tad slow
Kristnajan Ouladan (L)-Age:24 Played for foreign club for most 4 year career, returned to play for Giarra 6 months ago. Goals:2. Skills:Can get a ball out of the hotzone no problem. Weakness:50/50 that ball is going off target.
Zakk Levengood(R)-Age:21. Youngest member of the team, but shows alot of promise. Plays for Imperials.Goals:2. Skills:fast. Weakness:gets overwhelmed sometimes.
Valforen Jilla- Age:25. Plays for Royal Wessina. Best known for stopping a goal with his stomach while diving during the Imperial Semi finals last year. Goals:1. Skills:N/A. Weakness: N/A.
Iropa Titus- Age:23 Plays for foreign club. Never played for a Ziok team other than in college. Goals:1. Skills:N/A. Weakness: N/A

Goalie

Matteo Sholr- Age:26. Keeper for the Imperials. Stands 6'5". Best known for once running the ball and scoring a goal during a Imperial Cup semi final. Goals:1 Skills:Damn good keeper. Weakness: PKs (only saved 2 in his 6 year career)
Davis Smit- Age:24. Plays for Royal Wessina. Stands 6'2". Goals:0 Skills:PKs Weakness: comes too far out of the box to defend.

Style Mod:+1
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Ziok on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48880 (Empire of Ziok Embassy Services)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44982 (One world airline alliance)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48901 (Zachary III international airport)

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:41 am

OOC: I use Hellas for 'Nikolaos The Great' since he asks for it in his signature

IC:
Itines KaMaRi'tes:

Xiky'het rejistaniha mi'kynha su?

Helhas ji Veskija ji Njuivori ji Rixtnon ji Vekaiyu min'ki'okatu xiky'het rejistaniha jilih. Xen'la'mesuoly halen'he'ny ykal xuka ,min'mulak xiky'het'han jilih, het.

*At this point someone somewhere hits a button labelled 'ytinvisko' (translation) and then one labelled 'save xures' (reload)*

From the Itines KaMaRi:

Rejistanian group easy?

Helhas and Veskija and Njuivory and Rixtnon and Vekaiyu compete in this rejistanian group. We have interviewed a few celebrities about they expect towards this group what.

*the someone changes a few option in a configuration file and reloads, the last sentence turns to: "We have interviewed a few celebrities about their expectations for this group" the rest remains stable and unchanged*

Kivan Mahele (rejistanian coach): I think this is going to be an interesting group to say the least. Newivory is going to be a very attacking side. They will maybe even though I am not sure how likely challenge our defense very much. The match against Vekaiyu will be interesting since we never played against vulpines and they probably never played against Melanesians. I see them and Vescia as biggest competitors for the title. I personally do not fear Richtnom that much. Hellas is a team I cannot evaluate, but I do not expect them to be near the top.

Y Short (coach of the rejistanian champion Sikane Soccer):

*"This should be left untranslated!" the person enters the expression 'Sikane Sekhika' as not-to be translated proper name, and advises to leave 'Ti' untranslated when it is most likely a proper name, hits 'reload'*

Y Ti (coach of the rejistanian champion Sikane Sekhika): I personally do not consider the rejistanian team a worthy contender for advancement. The team is good, but they are sick with Karela. It will be the fault of Mahele'he when the Orange-Blues fail qualification. We all know that Karela was one of the things which caused the downfall of rejistanian soccer after world cup 19. Our coach is of the idea that conceding is something to be avoided at all costs. This means only that we will go out this group undefeated with 5 scoreless draws.

Takami I Ra (economist): We have to look at the abilities of these countries to have great teams. If we do, we can immediately see that Hellas has tendencies of being a expected to win due to having a frightening economy. Newivory's and Vekaiyu's only influential* economy however means that people are too busy with the sheer life to have good soccer. The economy of Richtnom is by far worse even though none are considered good in the first place. My guess based on the GDP per capita:

Rejistania
Vescia
Hellas
Newivory
Richtnom
Vekaiyu

*someone is not quite happy with this result but declares it sufficient for now. KALITE still had to be improved, but this test run was not too bad.*

* OOC: This RP is a test of a translation system so some expressions are not really as they should be
Last edited by Rejistania on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

The Ottish Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ottish Empire » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:49 pm

*The televisions blurs and shuts off momentarily. Suddenly, several odd symbols appear on the screen along with a lone female sitting in front of a large screen playing moments from some of the Ottish team's best games. The odd symbols finally turn into English phrases.*

Hello, I am Riovii Pendas, reporting live from Constantinople. Yesterday a team was picked from some of the most defensive players in the world. (Note: My people live on a planet of their own) Today we meet with Vykory Klevich, the team's head coach.

*The screen switches to a white coated male as he takes a seat by the female.*

It's great to be here. Honestly, even qualifying for this is such an honor. Our first game should be very intense and we expect the ball will mostly be with the opposing team, but our defensive tactics haven't failed us yet.

*The female appears again*

Tell me Mr. Klevich, when you picked this team, could you tell from the start that we had something going?

*The screen shows the now grinning male.*

When I first saw these players I knew we'd be going somewhere. When I first saw them in practice I realized that what they shared was brotherhood, that they'd be willing to risk it all to win.

*The screen behind them begins to play the most recent practice."

I see what you mean, but do you feel that any certain player will lead our nation to victory?

I understand that our strikers are some of the best in the world and that they should be able to lead us against our opponents. So in a word, no, I feel that each of our players has the potential to score.

I see, well that happens to be all our time join us tomorrow when we interview the team.

*The screen blurs once more, the odd letters appear again, and the previous television show reappears again unaffected.*
Proud member of Byzantine and the TEC
Factbook [Don't look at it! It's an ungodly mess at the moment]
Soccer Kit
Team Name
Kaşif FC

Players
Jakob Scarvov
Otto Dersley
Sevchenko Ferdinand
Freidrick Oswald
Caleb Worthington
Viktor Retrov
Pershing Greer
Gerald Wayne
Anthony Loyd
Samuel Frank
Xavier Kaliph

Stadium
Mimarlık Stadyumu
[1] [2] [3] [4] Heightened Military Awareness [5]

Kuchan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Baptism of Fire 39 (RPs, scores, and rosters)

Postby Kuchan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Ballfoot sect of Kuchan

Keeper of the holy net:
3 - Armuhan Pallang Buchump
7 - Ylar Kanarang Pecht (reserve)
99 - Namurang Pallurang Haderang (reserve)

Guardians of the inner sanctum:
55 - Urhuan Nadarang Op
69 - Hatupopp Kanarang Slopp
42 - Ular Tripp
4 - Kahn Redo Kanarang
5 - Olar Poppmanpopp Hanarang (reserve)
27 - Polar Yntermann Kang (reserve)
35 - Jannar Kanumang Lo (reserve)

Warrior monks of Kuch
52 - Torang Pallubang Harang (Abott)
43 - Telaram Gandarang Hanang
13 - Buruban Steperan Janaerang
78 - Notturpopp Hattermopp Allarong
49 - Kassarang Haderopp Katmanpopp
82 - Jolumbung Narung Kanaram
98 - Ytar Pranung (reserve)
61 - Rodrigo Estaban (reserve)
23 - Alaramm Ulan Baran (reserve)
54 - Naranad Had Kollurong (reserve)

Style modifier +2

Choose my goalscorers N
Godmod scoring events N
Godmod other events N

The Realm of Light
Secretary

Founded: Jun 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Light » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:19 pm

THE FEDERATION OF THE REALM OF LIGHT

(Translated from Kosmorunika)

Dear Rolian Football Association (RolFA),

It has come to my attention that the national association football team will make its international debut in the thirty-ninth edition of the Baptism of Fire. As mention in § 12 of the Charter of the Rolian Sporting Associations, you are legally obliged to allow myself to choose the first eleven players and twelve substitutes that will play against other international teams. Listed below is the team and such required specifications that will be used for playing during said competition:

Formation:
4-4-2 diamond (OOC: If that's not possible, make it a normal 4-4-2)
Style: +1

First XI:

1. Nozoko (GK)
2. Akinari (D)
15. Tazoka (D)
21. Chieko (D)
4. Seigo (D)

3. Amanto (M)
18. Nozoko (M)
20. Junaga (M)
6. Dorabe (M)

9. Hotarubo (F)
10. Dageko (F)

Substitutes:

7. Tensho (GK)
17. Fudtoko (D)
22. Alupto (D)
16. Nuado (D)
14. Jushu (D)

5. Itsuko (M)
8. Yatsu (M)
11. Irebu (M)
12. Junipo (M)

13. Jusaho (F)
19. Yujako (F)
23. Futamiso (F)

Permissions:

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Roleplay injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: N

Please pass this message on the the hosts of the Baptism of Fire.

Thank you for your co-operation. I wish for success at the Baptism of Fire. I have also supplied an extra funding of Image 5,000,000, to be used at your discretion.

Yours faithfully,

Ridai
His Majesty the King of the Realm of Light, its people and its forever future that shall follow.

May be found here

Elemanu
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemanu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am

RP permissions: Don't kill anyone!

Elemanu is a small nation of around a hundred thousand people. The nation is comprised of five islands and a mainland territory, however, only the largest and cetral island (Elemanu) has any major inhabitations. The capital of Elemanu is Amori, which has a population of over twenty thousand. The next major city is Damasa, which is situated close to Amori, and has over ten thousand people. Most games will be played in Amori Football Stadium, the home ground of Amori City Lions and Amori East Penguins, which currently has a capacity of ten thousand and is also used for the World Lacrosse Championships.

Elemanu "Five Stars"

Style: 0
Formation: 4-5-1 or 4-4-2

Coach: Nelson Senegal (58) [Damasa City Seals] Nelson is the coach of the two-time Elemanu National League Champions Damasa City and is a very experienced coach. He rarely lets lets his temper get the better of him, but expects discipline from his players.
Assistant: Benita Zilnicki (39) [Amori East Penguins] Benita is the coach of Damasa City rivals and two-time runnerup Amori East. She is a very passionate coach but tried to hold her tounge while around her rival and former coach.

Goalkeepers:
Erik Novy (25) [Amori East Penguins] Erik is a talented keeper and by far the best in Elemanu. In the last season he let through a mere twelve goals in twenty-two games, including just three in the first twelve.
Cody Ormand (25) [Amori North Petrels] Cody is merely an understudy for Erik and doesn't expect to get any game time in this tournament.

Defenders:
Selena Canavan (25) [Amori East Penguins] Selena is one of the top defenders in Elemanu and works well with Erik, especially since they grew up together.
Jeanie Connally (c) (33) [Amori East Penguins] Jeanie is the captain of the Penguins and one of the most experienced players in the team. She likes to control the game from near the goal with Selena and Erik.
Darren Bremmer (18) [Amori North Petrels] Darren is the first of the young players, and one of the quickest players in the game. He is good at reading players and hounding strikers.
Julio Albury (18) [Damasa City Seals] Another of the young players, Julio was instrumental in ensuring Damasa City won the past two championships.
Loraine Hulin (35) [Damasa North Sharks] Loraine is the second oldest player in the team, and is captain of the Sharks, a team which is otherwise mediocre in the National League.
Neil Kimler (18) [Kesser City Skuas] Neil is a rough player and is not adverse to putting his body, and his opponent's, on the line to stop a goal.

Midfielders:
Avis Ritch (18) [Damasa City Seals] Avis grew up with Julio and is part of the best midfield in Elemanu. He is quick with his feet and quick to pass to his teammates.
Jami Adamski (24) [Damasa City Seals] Jami is another member of the Damasa City midfield and is a master controller of the ball.
Melisa Hazan (21) [Damasa City Seals] Melisa is the third Damasa City midfielder and has a tendency to milk penalties.
Sharron McShan (34) [Kesser City Skuas] Sharron is a very experienced midfielder and captain of the Skuas. She likes to control the ball and the players around her.
Jamie Brummond (16) [Kesser City Skuas] Jamie is the youngest player on the team, but has shown himself to be a supremely talented footballer.
Tanisha Ellingwood (22) [Amori East Penguins] Tanisha is a player who only likes to be on the right wing and is deadly accurate on her crosses.
Guy Danos (36) [Amori North Petrels] Guy is the oldest player in the team and captain of the Petrels. The World Cup will be his last tournament before retiring.
Pearlie Alberico (29) [Amori West Orcas] Pearlie is captain of the Orcas, but is known for being a little dirty in her game.

Strikers
Paul Madrigal (28) (vc) [Damasa City Seals] Paul Madrigal is the best striker in Elemanu and captain of the Seals. While Jeanie controls the game from the rear, Paul controls the scoring element. He is the only striker to average more than one goal per game in the National League.
Annabelle Quisenberry (21) [Kesser City Skuas] Annabelle is a supremely talented striker and likes to get up close to the keeper before scoring.
Ryan Fredette (23) [Amori West Orcas] Ryan is the master of the long shot, but is not so good at ball control.
Elsie Gillenwater (18) [Amori East Penguins] Elsie has been named as a star of the future, but is let down by a lackluster midfield in the Penguins. As the youngest striker she will be with Elemanu for many years to come.

OOC: More information to come, dinner time...
Last edited by Elemanu on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Religion. Because Atheism Has No Proof.

Football: QF BoF XXIX
Lacrosse: 3rd WLC VIII
Rugby League: Ro16 RLWC VII
NSFBM Hurling Scorinator

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Bergnovinaia's Roster

Style Modifier+1

Formation is 3-4-3-1
Coach: Wilhelm Van Gregory

Forwards
#3- Andrew Roberts Age 25
#1- Jesus Javon Age 21
#7- Thomas Puck Age 19

Midfielders
#8- Joshua Kilon Age 20
#4- Adam Last Age 18
#12- Jeff Ormord Age 19
#21- Peter Van Hamburg Age 20

Defenders
#13- Adolf Van Benderheim Age 25
#20- Ferdenand Tonder Age 23
#17- Harrison Thorton Age 27

Goalie
#5- Justin Reeves Age 21

Reserves
#19- Issac Bronkhorst--Age 22--Forward
#28- Greg Steele--Age 27--Forward
#95- Tom Friend--Age 32--Midefielder
#8- Sergio Dorado--Age 25--Midfielder
#67- Frank Donald--Age 26--Defender
#62- Roberto Plateado--Age 18--Defender
#31- Ernest Yolt--Age 25--Goalie

Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
Roleplay injuries to my players: Y (But they must TG me first)
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (Same as above)
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y (With Acceptable reason)
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Elemanu
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemanu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:48 am

SPORTS

Penguins Seeking Revenge

Tanisha Ellingwood and Elsie Gillenwater led the Penguins to a victory over the Orcas this week in the semi-final of the Elemanu National League Championship, to set up yet another final showdown with the Seals. The clinical two goal to nil victory over their cross-town rivals mean that for the third year in a row the Championship will be contested between Damasa City and Amori East. While the Seals have won the past two Championships over the Penguins, they have the home ground advantage and they are led by Elemanu's number one goal scorer Paul Madrigal, Amori East won their last match in a comprehensive fashion, beating them two goals to none. The visitors will also have the upper hand in goal keeping, with Elemanu's greatest ever keeper Erik Novy on the Penguins' side. Whatever the result, the tickets to the game of the year have already sold out in the new Damasa City Football Stadium, with thousands set to flock into the city from Amori and surrounding areas.

Five Stars Heading for Virabia

With half of the national football side - and all of the coaching staff - involved in the Championship Final, it will be the perfect practice for Elemanu's first major international tournament. The Five Stars will be heading to Virabia for the start of the Baptism of Fire mere days after the final and hundred of Elemanu fans will be following them. In an interview this week, Damasa City and national coach Nelson Senegal had this to say about the tournament:
"It will definitely be a tough tournament, but we are excited to participate in this exciting competition, and it will be the perfect lead up towards our first World Cup qualifying campaign next year. There are some very strong teams in our group; Asteran looks to be the team to beat and they play very offensive football. Birnadia and Scalietti have some very experienced players in their side as well. But we have some amazing players in our side - Madrigal, Novy, Connally - and we will be giving it 110%."
The Five Stars play the moderately illiterate New Caribbean in their first match.

Our schedule for the group stage is below:

Date  Team
14/7 The New Caribbean
15/7 Scalietti
16/7 Asteran
17/7 Ravnalis
18/7 Birnadia
Religion. Because Atheism Has No Proof.

Football: QF BoF XXIX
Lacrosse: 3rd WLC VIII
Rugby League: Ro16 RLWC VII
NSFBM Hurling Scorinator

Amserica
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Amserica » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:08 pm

The Amserican national football team, despite getting eliminated fairly early on in the Copa Rushmori, were quite confident about their abilities to succeed in the Baptism of Fire. If there was one lesson they had learnt from the tournament which they spent in Anseriska, it was to not use public transportation. The Amsericans had a bus to use for this tournament. After getting used to the timezone change of God only knew how many hours, they were promptly put to training. The coach, having learned from the previous tournament that overworking the players could only lead to disastrous results, decided that they would rest the day before their match against Newluther which the players had trouble pronouncing.

The day of their tournament they all piled into their bus like they had expected however after a little bit of driving around they realized that their driver was definitely lost. This led to all the players yelling directions at the driver and the driver eventually decided to pull over into a parking lot. It was when the driver pulled out a map of the giant city which they were in that he realized that every player had a different idea of which stadium they were playing in. Not only were they confused about which stadium, most of them didn't know which group the Amserican team had been placed in. Evidently no one had paid attention to the group draw. After the manager managed to find the time, stadium and opposing team of each match they were well on their way.

The team arrived in their all mostly black kits hoping that they weren't too late in the game. They weren't very surprised when they got dirty looks for walking in partway through what they had learnt was probably the opposing team's national song. They were surprised however when the game proceeded without playing their own national song as they were accustomed. It didn't take long for them to figure out that they had missed their national song because they hadn't known where the stadium was. The game started.

Ascelonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascelonia » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Ascelonian Team is Hopeful

Association football has been a relatively new sport to Ascelonia (Introduced in the 1990s) and more recently, with the formation of the GrauSeeMöwe Confederation in their country, they have taken the liberty to form a national team to compete in an international league. Since it's introduction, the sport's popularity has skyrocketed. With over seventy million fans standing behind it, the team homes to 'bring home the bacon' so to speak. They national team has been a little forward with their enthusiasm for the game. One of the scandals that have developed over the game was when one of the goalkeepers disparaged one of Tynelia Effect's center forwards.

With their first time on the international stage, the Ascelonian National Football Team seemed skeptic at the beginning, but has looked hopeful as they gear up for a match against Tynelia Effect. Coach Benn Dover introduced me to his players, who seemed like fine, strapping young lads from Northern Ascelonia. The majority of which were typical stereotypes of Tannuver men. Mr. Dover led me to a hall of trophies and titles. None of them were from outside of Ascelonia. When I commented on that, Dover confidently replied, "We'll have our opponents on their hands and knees before this is all over."

Afterwards, he led me about and we talked a little strategy. I asked him what he planned to do and he told me a lot that I was 'never to repeat', but I was allowed to release a little tidbit. The Ascelonian football team planned to play defensively for the first half of the game, which one might find strange considering they're normally a very aggressive team. Some players seemed doubtful about it, but they told me that Benn Dover knows what he's doing. I was also told that sometimes he gets us a little squeamish and he flip-flops from time to time, but in the end he finishes properly and even has the common courtesy to jump in and get his hands dirty.

When asked about the seemingly questionable strategy, Center Forward, Horst Draper laughed, "We like to see the opposing team galloping around a little before we have them pinned down and proceed with our assault."

"I don't care what anybody says about our team, because my boys know how to score," Coach Dover spoke gruffly. "We may be little boys playing in a big man's game, but damn it we'll get the job done."

Article by Rick Durnham
Last edited by Ascelonia on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aguazul
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Aguazul » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Matchday one scores are in!

Grupo Bancorpo:
Melki 4-0 Ziok
Bergnovinaia 1-2 Zlamaljelito
Amserica 1-1 Newluther

Grupo Wejibo:
Iron Coast 2-1 Listanbul
Bluth Corporation 1-0 Bryan Ruiz
New Palmerston 3-0 The Samson Islands

Grupo Aeroeste:
Beddgelert 1-0 Haginonia
Streleheim 0-1 Aalnordhavn
The Realm of Light 4-1 Bass-Holes

Grupo Sanboto:
Tynelia Effect 4-3 Ascelonia
Old Beringia 4-1 Click Clack Baboon
Mostly armless 2-2 Haimsland

OOC note: although I am using NSFS 3.0.0 to generate results, I will not be able to use the automated table generator; tables, provided from matchday two onwards, will be hand-generated. Tables between now and the final might not use all tiebreakers (they will sort teams by the first tiebreaker, goal difference, as well as points), though the last one will certainly use all the tiebreakers necessary. If you see errors in these tables, please let me know.
Last edited by Aguazul on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La República del Aguazul

Astograth: Epée
Astograth: No idea where the tilde goes there
Val|WI: accent
Astograth: Tilde.
Val|WI: Tilde is this one: ~
Astograth: That's squiggly line

Virabia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Virabia » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 pm

For some of you, this is your first foray in to the world of NS Sport. To others, an opportunity to get a head start with a puppet and for some of you, it's your return to this world. Your days of glory behind you as you now look toward the future.

However, what you all have in common is that this is your cutoff and that all of you have now begun your journey towards baptism into the ranks of the World Cup elite. It will be a long journey, no doubt, but saviour this moment.

Bring some extra water, because this baptism is about to get hot!

Note: although I am using NSFS 3.0.0 to generate results, I will not be able to use the automated table generator; tables, provided from matchday two onwards, will be generated in xkoranate. Tables between now and the final might not use all tiebreakers (they will sort teams by the first tiebreaker, goal difference, as well as points), though the last one will certainly use all the tiebreakers necessary. If you see errors in these tables, please let me know.

SCORES:

Maple Leaf Group:
Nikolaos The Great 0-2 Vekaiyu
Rejistania 1-0 Richtnon
Vescia 1-1 Newivory

Beaver Group:
The New Caribbean 0-1 Elemanu
Asteran 5-2 Ravnalis
Birnadia 1-1 Scalietti

Branta Group:
Grote Vrede 0-1 Kuchan
ITocapa 0-1 The Union of Myanmar
Castigonia 1-0 Wolfenhalle

Grupo Costa Misqual:
United Slavia 1-0 Evandonia
Arteviaz 1-2 Sufidan
The Ottish Empire 1-1 Millsa
Last edited by Virabia on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.00
OCCUPY ALL STREETS, EVERYWHERE (Occupy Ithaca)

I have made the following progression in my beliefs
American Liberal -> Social Democrat -> Right Libertarian -> Democratic Socialist -> Trotskyist -> Eco-Socialist -> Eco-Communist -> Cooperativist

Bass-Holes
Secretary

Founded: Jun 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bass-Holes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 pm

The Bass-Hole Coral

Not our best fins/tenatcles, etc., forward in the opening match. Our Hosts, Aguazul, appearently decided, in an ill-conceived attmempt to level the playing field for us; had the field half flooded. Since we can survive out of water, all it did was slow us down, as The Realm of Light scored 3 first half goals, 2 coming off the feet of Dageko (13th & 26th) and the other coming from Junaga (41st). At half-time the field was drained, but the damage was done, as a 3-0 deficit is all but impossible to recover from. In the 55th minute, Sharona Hammerhead hammered, no pun intended; a corner from Vance Pirhana past a diving Nozoko to cut the lead to 3-1. But unfortunately, the referee, who has appearently never seen a squid nor an octopus play football before, whistled Mike Squid for a hand-ball in the 78th minute, leading to a penalty kick goal from Dorabe. Squid was given a yellow card, luckily, as if he were humanoid a red card is usually given in that circumstance.

Up next, Haginonia will face us in Estadio Conabora. Beddgelert defeated them 1-0 ealier in the day, so the loser of this match could be all but elimianted from the competition just 2 matches into the event.

Complete Schedule for Bass-Holes in Grupo Aeroeste:
MATCHDAY 1: The Realm of Light @ Estadio Cochaucho Lost 1-4
MATCHDAY 2: Haginonia @ Estadio Conabora
MATCHDAY 3: Beddgelert @ Estadio Conabora
MATCHDAY 4: Streleheim @ Estadio Aramis Peralta
MATCHDAY 5: Aalnordhavn @ Estadio Cochaucho

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:26 am

From the Itines KaMaRi:

Opinion: Welcome in the lowest level, Rejistanis

The soccer-spirit again controlled Rejistania, more people wtched the match than anything else on TV, in favelas, this often indeed meant 10 families in the place which has a TV. There is of course nothing wrong with that. Passion is a part of life. However, the Orange-Blues are not playing in a world cup knockout stage, they are playing in a tournament for teams which either have no idea how to play international soccer or have been out of it for so long that they completely forgot how to. And this is where my issue starts: Rejistani fans seem to be completely and utterly unaware of this. Why else would fans chant the "xamjona tekne" (world champion) song? Why else would rejistanis be fond of the "12-17-18-24-this one?" meme? For those unaware of it, these are the world cups which far better Rejistanian national teams have won. This is not even a world cup and still Rejistanis behave not as if they were competing with a group of newbies in a tournament of newbies but as if they were favorites for the cup. I do not have to express how ridiculous this is.

That said, the match was not bad. The Orange-Blues dominated Richtnom and probably could have increased the score even further if the team would not have played as if the Karelacracy never fell. The match showed excellent defending. Not exactly the thing for highlight-shows, but surely impressive to watch. Sport shows which show only the highlights would probably have to contend themselves with the counter-attack in the 8th minute, which brought the rejistanis ahead. Inkatil Inxaril player Inik Hsen, who relegated with his club in the last season, got hold of the ball, passed it forward to right winger Syku Alik from the H1SR champion Sikane, who played it forward, to Katama Si, the midfielder from the Xentiran club Aetaila. The two midfielders and striker Syly Kansu advanced into the Richtnomian half and before the Richtnom team was quite sure what was happening, the Orange-Blues took the lead. It was a good scene. Syku Alik and his teammate Syly Kansu can work together very efficiently. It was just not... something which would have reminded you of matches against Audioslavia, Bedistan, Kaze Progressa or Eauz. It was the first goal for a rejistani in an international competition in quite a while, by a player from a team which most rejistanis didn't even know about before the H1SR was re-established. But it was just that: A 1:0 against a team which we had no information about, not even their names in a newbiw tournament.

There was no reason to announce the score in trains, no reason to interrupt radio programming on european classical music with the score. There was no reason to use the xamjona tekne song or various other league-title songs which were reworded for the international stage badly. Except if you live in the Xentira since this is pretty much the only time you can sing these songs. It is more realistically that the Orange-Blues will become world champions in the lifetime of these people than that one of the xentiran teams will win the league.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Melki
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Melki » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:31 am

4-0 Victory against Ziok gets fans riled up

Fans all over the nation are riled up about the NS World Cup as the Melkian team defeated the Ziok team in a 4-0 shutout. The stadium was full with fans from nations all over the NS world. Riots in cities have started because of the game. High hopes are for tomorrow's game against Zlamaljelito.

The shutout started with a goal in the eleventh minute by John Wright. Then, Ziok nearly got a goal on a penalty kick in the thirteenth minute. It was blocked off as Logan Hollway brought it to the half line, and passed it to James Sierra who kicked it into the goal. Noting more happened until the sixty sixth minute where Wiktor Kucharski kicked a goal right by the goalkeeper. Finally, in the seventy ninth minute, Craig Cummings got a huge goal, giving them a huge 4-0 lead, and eventually, a win.

That's it for MSBN (Melki Sports Broadcasting Network). Goodbye.

Played in the BoF 39.
DEFCON 5 REDCON 2
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Personally, I think we should just learn to photosynthesise.

North Wiedna wrote:Sorry, my laptop won't let me search for anything with Bieber in it.

Castigonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Castigonia » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 am

Melki wrote:

Fans all over the nation are riled up about the NS World Cup as the Melkian team defeated the Ziok team in a 4-0 shutout. The stadium was full with fans from nations all over the NS world. Riots in cities have started because of the game. High hopes are for tomorrow's game against Zlamaljelito.

The shutout started with a goal in the eleventh minute by John Wright. Then, Ziok nearly got a goal on a penalty kick in the thirteenth minute. It was blocked off as Logan Hollway brought it to the half line, and passed it to James Sierra who kicked it into the goal. Noting more happened until the sixty sixth minute where Wiktor Kucharski kicked a goal right by the goalkeeper. Finally, in the seventy ninth minute, Craig Cummings got a huge goal, giving them a huge 4-0 lead, and eventually, a win.

So, has the BOF started?
IPPETASP, INTP,SDC, JSA observer
Embassies in: Aldarminia, Andorianus, Branchlandia, Britannia, Grantanata, Hazamaeia, Krsta, Lemonius, Lockswania, Lowell Leber, Mallchir, Mediterreania, New Zepuha, Of the Quendi, Orlkjestad, Osthia, Tarsas,Thurask, Unified Western States, Wadomia, Zeppy.

Colonies: Urelandia, Maruskan, Teotrias, Caltio, Santo Monegro, Kaltinas.

Participated in: Baptism of Fire 39,Friendly Cup 6, World Fair Play Trophy
Champions of: Nothing Yet
2nd Place in: Nothing yet
3rd Place in: Nothing yet

Alert level: 1 2 3 4 5

Melki
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Melki » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 am

Castigonia wrote:
Melki wrote:

So, has the BOF started?
Yes.
Last edited by Melki on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Played in the BoF 39.
DEFCON 5 REDCON 2

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports