NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:30 am

The Khedive wrote:But the description...

Ok, uh, what was Rome's furthest extent? Did it stay in Anatolia or did it get to Romania and the Balkans?

It certainly conquered Greece and got close to conquering Epirus (or did conquer it), I think those are the only set things
Last edited by Elepis on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:23 am

responded to Krug, will write a reply to Persia later today or tomorrow
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prince-Bishopric Of Liege » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:46 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:That being said, I do believe Hannover still is ruled under Britain by personal union and will continue to be so until the death of its current king and ascension of Victoria.

It is very much indeed.

Oh dear. I am so sorry, I didn't realize you claimed it as your own and I assumed that because this is slightly alternaty history, we could take some...liberty in rewriting it. Please read my application and see if that works for you? If not I'll be forced to apply as another nation.

Application

Name: Kingdom of Hannover, Köningreich Hannover
Symbols: Coat of Arms
Claims: nr 10
Power: Regional power. Hannover's voice carries some weight due to it's cultural and economic prestige.

Government Structure: Semi-constitutional monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Imperialism, dedicated to upholding the European balance of powers
Leaders:
King Ernest August I of Hannover; King
Graf Ludwig Karl vor Kröpcke, Ministerpräsident of Hannover and Leader of the Geheimrat (Priviy Council); an arch-Conservative Politician

Capital City: Hannover

Population: about 2 million
Primary Ethnic Group: German Protestants
Minority Ethnic Groups: German Catholics, Jews
Description of Ethnicity: You know...German :p Cool, humourless and morally uptight people
Language: German
Religion: Protestant (mainly Lutheranism, but also Calvinism)

Foreign Relations: Friendly relations with Britain, cordial ties with most small German States. Views the other powerful German states like Prussia and Austria with distrust.
Military Information:
Army Size: 20,000. Most of them conscripts when citizens are called upon to do their duty to the fatherland, supported by a cadre of professional officers and veterans. When mobilized the army is divided in four corps of five divisions each. The elite troops of the Kingdom are placed in the Royal Guards, who are lodged in the capital (about 1,000 strong) and at the moment another 2,000 Hannoverians are serving as the King's German Legion in the British Army.
Navy Size: Save for a few paltry frigates to discourage smuggling, Hannover has now fleet to speak of.

Economic Policy: Hannover has a history of mercantilism, but is recently liberalizing its trade.
Economic Situation: Good. Hannover has a decent trade surplus and strong gold reserves. The Industrial Revolution has transformed the state from regional backwater into a modern state.
Infrastructure: Excellent. The French oppressors were the first to build and maintain modern roads. This tradition has been upheld and now even more roads and canals are under construction. With the gracious support of the King, railways are also being added at an ever-increasing pace.
Imports & Exports: Hannover exports steel and coal, since it is sitting on top of several large mines. The country hasn't forgotten its agricultural roots and grain is also an export commodity.
Currency: The Hannoverian Thaler, subdivided into 36 Mariengroschen, each of 8 Pfennig.

History:

Hannover has been around for quite some time. It's territories were part of the Holy Roman Empire for hundreds of years. From the ascension of King George I, the realms of the United Kingdom and Hannover have been ruled in personal union. However, the ancient Salic Law barring women from inheritance is still in force in Hannover. This presents a problem for King William IV who -lacking a male heir- plans to leave his crown to his niece, Victoria.

Pressured by other European countries at the Congress of Vienna and preferring gradual change, William decided to abdicate from the throne of Hannover in favour of his younger brother Ernest August. Ernest, the eight child of George III was deemed as a malleable figure, smart enough to be a king and not too smart to follow an independent course. After all, until now Ernest was only known for quarreling over his allowance and the suspicious death of his valet.

Ascending the Throne of Hannover, Ernst redeemed himself. As soon as he he planted his bottom on the Throne, the young King voiced his intention to remain firmly seated. He tore up the old constitution and replaced it with one better suited to his tastes. At the same time, with ardor selden seen, he unleashed ambitious reform plans of the army, economy and civil service. Economic progress, coupled with the support of conservative elements in Hannover's society, provided the King with a popular mandate to continue his rule.

His brother in Great-Britain,however, was less please with this streak of independence. With gentle (and not-so-gentle) prodding Hannover was reminded what it owed to great Albion. A number of treaties soon followed, binding Hannover with Great-Britain in a mutually advantageous commercial frame-work. A binding alliance between both was also established. To culminate the diplomatic rapprochement between both sides, grateful Hannover offered Britain the continued use of two divisions of german troops, the so called King's German Legion, who would fight for Britain (but paid by Hannover) as long as King Willliam reigned.Some voices say that Hannover has already given plenty to the British and others complain that its elite has been completely Anglicized. But others are lauding their British-born King and his English manners, who represents everything that modern society should strive to achieve.

Miscellaneous: I slightly reworked history, let me know if this doesn't work out for you....
RP Example: One of the best Rp's I've ever had the honour to participate in.
Last edited by Prince-Bishopric Of Liege on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:50 am

@Prince.
Its fine really, and I don't really intend on having Britain force you to do anything.
The situation is very much like IRL, with William IV being King in name but his brother (I believe its his brother?) Prince Adolphus acts as Viceroy. The moment Willy IV kicks the bucket, the Union ends.
I wont be having you on strings at all, really. (Save the fact a KGL still exists in this timeline)

Is that cool?
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prince-Bishopric Of Liege » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:00 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:@Prince.
Its fine really, and I don't really intend on having Britain force you to do anything.
The situation is very much like IRL, with William IV being King in name but his brother (I believe its his brother?) Prince Adolphus acts as Viceroy. The moment Willy IV kicks the bucket, the Union ends.
I wont be having you on strings at all, really. (Save the fact a KGL still exists in this timeline)

Is that cool?

Sound excellent to me! Only, could you replace the viceroyship of Prince Adolphus with that of Ernest August? He will be the one who inherits the throne in the end, and he's a far more interesting character to RP (as in more unstable, like his father George 'Mad King' III :p ). If you can live with that, I'll post as soon as I'm accepted?

Thanks!

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:05 am

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:@Prince.

Is that cool?

Sound excellent to me! Only, could you replace the viceroyship of Prince Adolphus with that of Ernest August? He will be the one who inherits the throne in the end, and he's a far more interesting character to RP (as in more unstable, like his father George 'Mad King' III :p ). If you can live with that, I'll post as soon as I'm accepted?

Thanks!

Sure, I suppose that's fine.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:01 am

Just for the record: Hannover did not have a constitution until 1837 with the ascension of Ernst August, so err... congratulations on being absolute.
Ernst August removed the constituion of 1833, which was the liberal one.
Last edited by The Jonathanian States on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 am

The Jonathanian States wrote:Just for the record: Hannover did not have a constitution until 1837 with the ascension of Ernst August, so err... congratulations on being absolute.

>mfw Jon's an MLG.
Major League Goose.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Just for the record: Hannover did not have a constitution until 1837 with the ascension of Ernst August, so err... congratulations on being absolute.

>mfw Jon's an MLG.
Major League Goose.

Alternatively, after failing to find anything on the English wiki I switched to the German and quick-searched for constitution, taking the first year I found in the sentence.
Also, Goose?
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:29 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:>mfw Jon's an MLG.
Major League Goose.

Alternatively, after failing to find anything on the English wiki I switched to the German and quick-searched for constitution, taking the first year I found in the sentence.
Also, Goose?

Yes, goose.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda wrote:
Application

Name: Republic of Nova Gallia/République de Nouvelle Gallia/Nova Gallia
Symbols: Flag (for cunning use)|Coat of Arms
Claims: 76
Power: Minor Power.

Government Structure: Federal Constitutional Presidential Republic
Ideology/Policy: Liberalism, Economic Interventionism, Nationalism
Leaders: President Pierre-Louis Castex
Vice President Joseph Papineau
Capital City: Québec City

Population: 1,750,000
Primary Ethnic Group: French-Canadian
Minority Ethnic Groups: Anglo-Canadian, Scandinavian, Native American
Description of Ethnicity: Nova Gallians are a mixture of Francophone and Anglophone Europeans. Natives exist, but are oppressed.
Language: French
Religion: A large majority of Nova Gallians are Roman Catholic. The biggest minority religion is the varying sects of Protestantism.

Foreign Relations: Pro-UK, Anti-France. Tense relations with Columbia over border disputes
Military Information: Largely equipped with smoothbores and older artillery, the outdated Nova Gallian military leaves much to be desired, but is competent for the tasks it does, largely policing the frontier. Divided into 4 Army Corps of about 4,400 each.
Army Size: 17,500 standing.
Navy Size: 1 Ship of the line
4 Brigs
7 Sloops

Economic Policy: Interventionism
Economic Situation: Decent. Not very industrialized, but retains several important natural resources, and is thus largely dependent on purchases of finished goods in exchange for Nova Gallia's vast natural resources.
Infrastructure: Decent in New France, Ontario, and Acadia. Both Rupertsland and Haute-Louisiane has abysmal infrastructure and are very rural.
Imports & Exports: Exports: Lumber, Maple Syrup, Coal, Moose products, Fish, Grain, Fur
Imports: Industrial Goods
Currency: Nova Gallian Livre

History: 1763: First Treaty of Paris signed. French and Indian War ends. Parts of New France ceded to the United Kingdom.
1776: Columbian Revolutionary War. New France used as springboard for French troops and supplies to Columbia.
1783: Second Treaty of Paris signed. Columbia free.
1786: Inspired by Columbia's freedom, talk of independence begins to circulate.
1789: French Revolution begins.
1791: Revolutionary committees form, seeking independence.
1792: French monarchy abolished. Colonial government struggles to maintain order.
1799: Napeolon Bonaparte seizes power in France. Colonial government declares its disagreement. Revolutionary ranks swell.
1800: French troops sent to maintain control of the colony. Governor hung for high treason, infuriating the populace.
1802: Battle of Sept-Îles first notable confrontation between French troops and colonial militias.
1803: Nova Gallia (so named by the declaration) officially declares independence. War breaks out. Revolutionaries receive funding from Coalition powers.
1812: After 9 grueling years of guerrilla warfare, French troops withdraw to prepare for Napoleon's invasion of Russia.
1813: Napoleon surrenders to Coalition via the Treaty of Chaumont. France, among other things, is forced to recognize Nova Gallia.
1815: Massive government restructuring. The Republic of Nova Gallia as we know it today emerges.
1819: Hudson Bay Purchase: Ontatio and Rupertsland bought from Great Britian. With it comes the land soon to be christened Haute-Louisiane.
1824: York Factory Agreement. Western provinces of Nova Gallia organized. York Factory renamed to Fort Bourbon.
Miscellaneous: divided into Provinces.
RP Example: Sure.

I have completed my app.

EDIT: Put the army numbers down to 1% of population.
Last edited by Fascist Republic Of Bermuda on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N U T S !

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Application

Name: Republic of Nova Gallia/République de Nouvelle Gallia/Nova Gallia
Symbols: Flag (for cunning use)|Coat of Arms
Claims: 76
Power: Minor Power.

Government Structure: Federal Constitutional Presidential Republic
Ideology/Policy: Liberalism, Economic Interventionism, Nationalism
Leaders: President Pierre-Louis Castex
Vice President Joseph Papineau
Capital City: Québec City

Population: 1,750,000
Primary Ethnic Group: French-Canadian
Minority Ethnic Groups: Anglo-Canadian, Scandinavian, Native American
Description of Ethnicity: Nova Gallians are a mixture of Francophone and Anglophone Europeans. Natives exist, but are oppressed.
Language: French
Religion: A large majority of Nova Gallians are Roman Catholic. The biggest minority religion is the varying sects of Protestantism.

Foreign Relations: Pro-UK, Anti-France. Tense relations with Columbia over border disputes
Military Information: Largely equipped with smoothbores and older artillery, the outdated Nova Gallian military leaves much to be desired, but is competent for the tasks it does, largely policing the frontier. Divided into 4 Army Corps of about 10,000 each.
Army Size: 40,000 standing.
Navy Size: 1 Ship of the line
4 Brigs
7 Sloops

Economic Policy: Interventionism
Economic Situation: Decent. Not very industrialized, but retains several important natural resources, and is thus largely dependent on purchases of finished goods in exchange for Nova Gallia's vast natural resources.
Infrastructure: Decent in New France, Ontario, and Acadia. Both Rupertsland and Haute-Louisiane has abysmal infrastructure and are very rural.
Imports & Exports: Exports: Lumber, Maple Syrup, Coal, Moose products, Fish, Grain, Fur
Imports: Industrial Goods
Currency: Nova Gallian Livre

History: 1763: First Treaty of Paris signed. French and Indian War ends. Parts of New France ceded to the United Kingdom.
1776: Columbian Revolutionary War. New France used as springboard for French troops and supplies to Columbia.
1783: Second Treaty of Paris signed. Columbia free.
1786: Inspired by Columbia's freedom, talk of independence begins to circulate.
1789: French Revolution begins.
1791: Revolutionary committees form, seeking independence.
1792: French monarchy abolished. Colonial government struggles to maintain order.
1799: Napeolon Bonaparte seizes power in France. Colonial government declares its disagreement. Revolutionary ranks swell.
1800: French troops sent to maintain control of the colony. Governor hung for high treason, infuriating the populace.
1802: Battle of Sept-Îles first notable confrontation between French troops and colonial militias.
1803: Nova Gallia (so named by the declaration) officially declares independence. War breaks out. Revolutionaries receive funding from Coalition powers.
1812: After 9 grueling years of guerrilla warfare, French troops withdraw to prepare for Napoleon's invasion of Russia.
1813: Napoleon surrenders to Coalition via the Treaty of Chaumont. France, among other things, is forced to recognize Nova Gallia.
1815: Massive government restructuring. The Republic of Nova Gallia as we know it today emerges.
1819: Hudson Bay Purchase: Ontatio and Rupertsland bought from Great Britian. With it comes the land soon to be christened Haute-Louisiane.
1824: York Factory Agreement. Western provinces of Nova Gallia organized. York Factory renamed to Fort Bourbon.
Miscellaneous: divided into Provinces.
RP Example: Sure.

I have completed my app.

Accepted
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:18 pm

My only concern is his standing army is around like 2.5%-3% of the population and not the typical 1% that pretty much everyone else goes by.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Various populstatted figures:
Columbia: About 10 million
Genoa-Savoy: About 4 million
Prussia: Just about 13 million
Switzerland: 5.5-6 million
HRE: Just about 12 million
Hungary: Very roughly nearly 20 million
German minors (all the Germans except Prussia, HRE and Switzerland): About 11 million
If anyone else wants checking, just ask

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Interesting. When I did populstat for the states I have I got like ~8.5 million. Did you include the Louisiane Colony states I just picked up or no?

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Alternatively, after failing to find anything on the English wiki I switched to the German and quick-searched for constitution, taking the first year I found in the sentence.
Also, Goose?

Yes, goose.

Goose? :eyebrow:
Alleniana wrote:Various populstatted figures:
German minors (all the Germans except Prussia, HRE and Switzerland): About 11 million

Can confirm the reliability of most of those, having been involved in their calculation.
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Interesting. When I did populstat for the states I have I got like ~8.5 million. Did you include the Louisiane Colony states I just picked up or no?

I can check that.
It's not on the spreadsheet Al and me (more and less so, respectively) have worked on, so I actually have no idea of his calculations.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:00 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:Yes, goose.

Can confirm the reliability of most of those, having been involved in their calculation.
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Interesting. When I did populstat for the states I have I got like ~8.5 million. Did you include the Louisiane Colony states I just picked up or no?

I can check that.
It's not on the spreadsheet Al and me (more and less so, respectively) have worked on, so I actually have no idea of his calculations.

It is, it's on a different sheet; it's under "American states stuff" or something at the bottom. Though, I actually took the halfway point between 1830 and 1840 populations mostly, so the actual population would probably be a bit lower, since population follows a curve rather than being linear. I didn't count the new colonies, no.
Liecthenbourg wrote:Yes, goose.

Jon goose confirmed
Last edited by Alleniana on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:11 am

Alleniana wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Goose? :eyebrow:

I can check that.

It is, it's on a different sheet; it's under "American states stuff" or something at the bottom. Though, I actually took the halfway point between 1830 and 1840 populations mostly, so the actual population would probably be a bit lower, since population follows a curve rather than being linear. I didn't count the new colonies, no.

Ah, I didn't consider it being on a different sheet.
The Jonathanian States wrote:Goose? :eyebrow:

Jon goose confirmed

Goose?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:40 am

Ohh I see Allen.

When I RP the US or countries in its place I personally like I to go by the last census just bc it's easiest - tho I should probably start clarifying I do that.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 am

Meanwhile, I'm here with 700,000 people total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:20 am

Why has no one looked at my revised app?
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:21 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:
Application

Name: Most Serene Republic of Genoa and Savoy
Symbols:
Claims: 5, 33 is claimed.
Power: Little to none.

Government Structure: Unitary Oligarchic Republic officially. (in reality, a hereditary dictatorship)
Ideology/Policy: Republican
Leaders: Florestan I, Doge of Genoa, Corsica, Savoy, and Piedmont.
Capital City: Genoa

Population: ~4,000,000
Primary Ethnic Group: North Italian
Minority Ethnic Groups: French, Swiss
Description of Ethnicity: Italian. Pretty simple.
Language: Also Italian
Religion: Roman Catholic

Foreign Relations: Good with France, Switzerland, Papal States, Tuscany, and most Italian states, bad with Milan.
Military Information: Pretty much the same as every other country
Army Size: 80,000
Navy Size: 600 sailors, 100 officers(captains, first officers, etc), 300 marine forces
Frigate Beroldo, 44 guns.
Frigate Des Geneys, 44 guns.
Corvette Euridice, 32 guns.
Frigate S. Michele, 62 guns.
Brigantine Aurora, 20 guns.
Corvette Aquila, 18 guns.
Corvette S. Giovanni, 32 guns.
Brigantine Daino, 14 guns.
Brigantine Colombo, 18 guns.
Brigantine Eridanus, 18 guns.

Economic Policy: Capitalist, Trade-based.
Economic Situation: Decent economy, Italian states were known to be rather rich due to their central position between major Mediterranean trade routes. Most money comes from trade, and the cities of Ajaccio(on Corsica) and Genoa(on the mainland) are major trade centers and ports, with Genoa being the capital and Ajaccio housing the naval headquarters.
Infrastructure: First world European infrastructure system, education could use some improvement but overall relatively good infrastructure.
Imports & Exports: Exports: Wine, Cheese(not kidding, link here), other food products, resources, ores from the Alps
Imports: Fairly self-reliant, but imports exotic foods, materials, and other luxuries from other nations.
Currency: Genovino

History:
1672: Second Genoese-Savoyard War begins. Genoa, despite being surprised by the initial attack, pushes back against Savoy and begins to occupy Savoyard land.
1673: Genoese troops siege and occupy Turin, Genoese Navy occupies Monaco, Savoy moves capital to Chambéry.
(POD)French efforts to end the war fail, and France withdraws from negotiations to focus on it's own problems at home.
1674: Genoa annexes Monaco, Genoese troops crush Savoyard troops at the Battle of Chambéry. Savoy surrenders and is annexed by Genoa.
1675-1797: Genoa and Savoy is formed as a unitary republic of both Genoa and Savoy, not much else happens.
1797-1799: Genoa-Milan War. Genoa and Milan wage war over Piedmont(Piedmont not already occupied by Savoy). Geno-Savoyard Troops crush Milan, taking Piedmont. Relations between Milan and Genoa-Savoy remain hostile, and Genoa-Savoy claims the entirety of Milan.
1800-1835: The idea of Greater Genoa-Savoy is formed(it would later be called Genoese Irridentism). Greater Genoa-Savoy includes the island of Sardinia, the Kingdom of Milan, the Crimea, Catalonian Algeria and part of Catalonian Tunisia.
Miscellaneous: Not really anything else.
RP Example:
Shogunate of Shikoku-Kanto:

The Shogun Tokugawa Tsunayoshi sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne, the throne of the Japanese people, the great throne of the united Shogunates of Shikoku and Kanto, arisen from small city-states to a grand empire. With the clang of steel on steel, the mighty Samurai of the Shogun trained outside, with boys becoming men, and, for the first time, girls becoming mighty warrior women. In a break of tradition, the Shogun had, much to the chagrin of his Advisor and constant nagging from his wife, decided to allow a small group of 10 teenage girls into the Palace to train as Samurai. They would train for a decade, until the final ritual were they would become not women, but Samurai Warriors, great soldiers of the Shogun. The Great Shogun watched as a messenger ran up to the Palace, and one of the female Samurai was asked by her trainer to deliver the message to the Shogun, as fast as possible. She ran inside, bowing before the Shogun. "Oh mighty Shogun of Shikoku, Kanto, and the Japanese people, chosen by the gods and just ruler of the United Shogunates, a message is sent for you from the Dutch, men of Europe, of the Far West". The Shogun simply raised an eyebrow before speaking. "You may rise, chosen of the Josei Samurai. You as well are chosen by the gods for a great task, of being the first of the Josei Samurai. I can only hope you prove yourself worthy. What is this message from the men of the Dutch lands? Is it for trade, or war?". The Josei Samurai, named Aino, rose, before answering. "I will prove my country and family proud, and bring honor to my family name and the Great Shogun, fifth of the mighty Tokugawa. The Dutch men speak of trade. They wish for our ports to be opened to Dutch trade. If I may input my personal opinion...". She waited for the Shoguns approval, and when he nodded, she continued. "The Dutch have a mighty navy, and we do not. We could work out an agreement with them in exchange for some things: the Japanese would open their ports to Dutch trade and agree to support the Dutch colonial effort, and in exchange the Dutch would help the Japanese build a navy in the style of Europe, and allow us to claim the islands of New Japan(Philippines) for the Shogunate. This would allow Japan to expand to a favorable extent, and give us a base for future colonization". The Shogun nodded, and added something he deemed important. "I want another letter sent to the Ainu State as well. An alliance proposition. A mutual defence pact, against threats our two nations may face". The Josei Samurai nodded, running out to tell the messenger what to write. With the clang of steel on steel, the Josei Samurai once again began to train.

To the Dutch Republic:
To the Most Honorable Willem van Outhoorn, Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies,
His Majesty, the Great Shogun of Shikoku and Kanto, Tokugawa Tsunayoshi accepts your proposal for a trade agreement, with a couple of added clauses. Shikoku-Kanto has no navy, and we desperately need one to protect our island nation from attack. Shikoku-Kanto wishes for, in exchange for the opening of Japanese ports to trade, that the Dutch help us build a navy styled after Europe. We also wish for Dutch permission to set up a colony on the islands of New Japan, what the Spaniards call "The Philippines". I expect your response soon, great nation.

To the Ainu State:
To the leader of the Ainu Peoples,
The Mighty Shogun of Shikoko-Kanto would like to propose an alliance between our two nations for the mutual defense of the Japanese Island Archipelago. This alliance would benifit out two nations because of the dual threats of China and Europeam Colonialism. I expect your response soon, great leader.
Note: The messages to the two nations originally were in boxes, but due to conflicts with the application coding, the boxes around the messages were deleted.

Revised and Edited.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:57 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:Why has no one looked at my revised app?

I don't beleive you told anyone save today that you had edited the figures according to previous requests. :/ I will look it over, thankfully I am not currently on ze mind altering painkillers ;U;

*Also, events newspaper up in the IC
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:06 am

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:Why has no one looked at my revised app?

I don't beleive you told anyone save today that you had edited the figures according to previous requests. :/ I will look it over, thankfully I am not currently on ze mind altering painkillers ;U;

My bad. I thought I had already posted my revised app, realized I hadn't, and then posted it right after.

Conwy-shire wrote:

Liecthenbourg wrote:

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:24 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:
The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:

My bad. I thought I had already posted my revised app, realized I hadn't, and then posted it right after.

I am going to accept you, provided that you give a more detailed description of your military and reduce your standing forces to the 1 % mark ;)
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse