NATION

PASSWORD

NS Rugby Discussion Thread (v.2)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:50 am

I would also like to thank Polar Islandstates for running another successful Seasogs, with a little help from Semarland on the final scoring. The new formatting and guidelines should work out well and anything to make your job easier to continue to run the series should be our priority. Congrats to RK Graz-Noord of Austroslovakia!

That being said, it's time to open up the floor for nominations for the NSRB President (League VP) and Vice President (Union VP). If there's enough interest, possibly the Second VP (Sevens VP). Should anyone be available for a nomination, that would be helpful to know, also.
The election will be held after the host is chosen for the RUWC 24.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:06 am

Wait, when did I become an NSRB member? I've only been in the one RUWC.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 am

Because deez:

NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:

NS Rugby Board Governing Document

The NS Rugby Board (hereafter NSRB) governs the World Cups of rugby union, rugby league, and rugby sevens in NS Sports.

Membership of the NSRB and of its Union Section, League Section, or Sevens Section is granted to all nations that posted a roster in the last completed Rugby World Cup (RWC), Rugby League World Cup (RLWC), or Rugby Sevens World Cup (R7WC) respectively. (The Rugby Sevens Series International is treated as the first R7WC.) A single player controlling two or more NSRB member nations may only vote through one of them on any given question.
Last edited by NS Rugby Board Executive Council on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:36 am

NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:Because deez:

NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:

NS Rugby Board Governing Document

The NS Rugby Board (hereafter NSRB) governs the World Cups of rugby union, rugby league, and rugby sevens in NS Sports.

Membership of the NSRB and of its Union Section, League Section, or Sevens Section is granted to all nations that posted a roster in the last completed Rugby World Cup (RWC), Rugby League World Cup (RLWC), or Rugby Sevens World Cup (R7WC) respectively. (The Rugby Sevens Series International is treated as the first R7WC.) A single player controlling two or more NSRB member nations may only vote through one of them on any given question.

Dang. That's some pretty easy standards. Not that I will be complaining about it.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:44 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:
NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:Because deez:

Dang. That's some pretty easy standards. Not that I will be complaining about it.

Didn't write those rules, but there they are. Probably because if membership wasn't that easy, we would barely have a pool for voting at all. This ain't NS football, folks. It should also be noted that there is no longer a R7WC, but if someone posts a roster for Londinium 7s, AVBF 7s, or any other NSRB sanctioned 7s tournament in the circuit, they would be a member of the Sevens section of the NSRB.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:55 pm

38th. Not bad for one Round of 24 performance.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:29 am

I was wondering if I would be allowed to host a Rugby 7s tournament sanctioned by the NSRB?
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:35 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:I was wondering if I would be allowed to host a Rugby 7s tournament sanctioned by the NSRB?

If you bid for it next time it happens, and you win, then yes. Just like everyone else.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:40 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:I was wondering if I would be allowed to host a Rugby 7s tournament sanctioned by the NSRB?

If you bid for it next time it happens, and you win, then yes. Just like everyone else.

So that's how it works. Thanks for the quick response, Greg.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:00 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:

So that's how it works. Thanks for the quick response, Greg.

Actually, no. Not entirely accurate. It's not a WC. We didn't have an official cycle in place. We were taking volunteers from the NSRB veteran pool who would host some in a series. So far, the next NSRB 7's tournament after the AVBF is scheduled in Port Louis, Racao, I believe; which will probably happen after the RUWC. After that, Wray has volunteered to host one more, then we were going to cycle round again to the Londinium 7's, but there wasn't a solid cap at 4 tourneys. Also, if say for instance, Wray is unable or no longer interested in doing a NSRB 7's tourney, we certainly could use a backup.

My suggestion is this, if you have never hosted a NS sports tournament before, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put together a host bid and post it here. The whole IC/OOC package. Be prepared to answer questions as to how you will host and score to reassure folks that you understand the process and responsibility. Then we would have to decide if we want to extend the cycle to 5 tourneys a RL year or not, or perhaps someone else might drop out due to other responsibilities, etc.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Uitbregen
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uitbregen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:So that's how it works. Thanks for the quick response, Greg.

Actually, no. Not entirely accurate. It's not a WC. We didn't have an official cycle in place. We were taking volunteers from the NSRB veteran pool who would host some in a series. So far, the next NSRB 7's tournament after the AVBF is scheduled in Port Louis, Racao, I believe; which will probably happen after the RUWC. After that, Wray has volunteered to host one more, then we were going to cycle round again to the Londinium 7's, but there wasn't a solid cap at 4 tourneys. Also, if say for instance, Wray is unable or no longer interested in doing a NSRB 7's tourney, we certainly could use a backup.

My suggestion is this, if you have never hosted a NS sports tournament before, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put together a host bid and post it here. The whole IC/OOC package. Be prepared to answer questions as to how you will host and score to reassure folks that you understand the process and responsibility. Then we would have to decide if we want to extend the cycle to 5 tourneys a RL year or not, or perhaps someone else might drop out due to other responsibilities, etc.

Wray's puppetmaster here

As much as I'd like to undertake the hosting of a Sevens Competition with Wray, I don't think I'll have the time to do so in the foreseeable future (work and stuff), so you might want to find another host for the potential competition. Sorry if that's caused any potential spanners-in-works.
This is the IC re-incarnation of Cyborg Holland. Add 2971 posts and three RWC final losses.

Dislikes: You

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 am

Uitbregen wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

Wray's puppetmaster here

As much as I'd like to undertake the hosting of a Sevens Competition with Wray, I don't think I'll have the time to do so in the foreseeable future (work and stuff), so you might want to find another host for the potential competition. Sorry if that's caused any potential spanners-in-works.

I have a host bid in the works.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:02 pm

Uitbregen wrote:[
Wray's puppetmaster here

That's why I used you as an example. I kind of got the impression at the time that you felt guilted into it because no one else was stepping forward and we were trying to get four hosts.
My Factbook

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Host Bid for Frenline Delpha
Presenting the: Freedom 7's Tourney

IC Information

Frenline Delpha is a democratic nation that celebrates heavy freedoms and a small wealth gap. The economy of Frenline Delpha is heavily industrialized but incredibly efficient. The tax rate is high, but the cost of living is low. All religions are accepted and you can find at least 20 different religions in whatever city you are in. Many cultures are represented in Frenlinian cuisine. If it exists in the multiverse, you can probably find it here. We plenty of travel options throughout the city, from taxis to travel busses for teams, to busses for tourists. We also have rental cars. Take a stop at one of the several scenic relics from acient bloodbenders in the capital. There are even decorative fire hydrants, painted by local youth expressive artists. Most of our available hotels are at least 3 stars, and they come quite cheap. Plus, our currency is valued at .62 theories ({) for 1 NSD. If you are low on money, we also have high quality motels that offer free breakfast and wi-fi.

Group Draw

The group draw will be sorted using the appropriate number of pots. After nations have been divided by pots, a group draw will be played out on a Chatzy that I will create.

Format

16 teams: 4 groups of 4; single round robin; Group winners advance to a single elimination tournament for the Snaker Cup; the next 4 best teams advance to play for the Democratic Plaque

20 teams: 4 groups of 5; same format as the 16 teams

24 teams: 6 groups of 4; single round robin; group winners plus next two best teams advance to play for the Snaker Cup; next best four teams advance to play for the Democratic Plaque

Stadiums

Capacity: 21,000

This stadium was built originally as the site meant to host collegiate rugby championships. It was recently modified to fit international standards. The three poles at the back have a name of one of the three original champions enscribed on them.

Capacity: 29,000

This stadium is the largest in Frenline Delpha. It hosts several collegiate games, and it serves as the home stadium for the travel adult team, Club Bad Bruiser.

Capacity: 23,500

This field serves as both a football field and a rugby field. It takes crews an average of 6 hours to convert between the two. It plays home to the collegiate team, Arten Southern University Equestrian. It is reknowned for its fantastic blue field.

Capacity: 16,840

Another convertable field, this one has lines for rugby, soccer, and football. It plays host to the University of Nightspeak Ninjas.

Tiebreakers

Tiebreakers will be (in order): 1. Head-to-head result between the tied teams.
2. Difference in points scored and allowed during pool play.
3. Points scored during pool play.
4. Coin toss (higher RP points).

Scorinating Experience

Frenline Delpha Baseball League
Frenline Delpha Domestic Water Polo League
Various Soccer Friendlies
NSCF 12 Mineral Conference
IBS X (w/ Schiltzberg and San Llera)

Scorination

The scorinating will be done on version 0.3.3 of Xkoronate, using the Rugby Union Sevens format. There will be a Roster bonus worth 5 points, and all participants have the ability to earn two days worth of RP bonus before the first match-day, including the Roster bonus. The RP grading will be five points, with quality being taking into account well before quantity. RPs will be cumulative, and RP bonus will reset to the beginning rank plus roster bonus after the group stage. If you commit a violation of your opponent's RP, be it contradicting what they say or violating their RP permissions, then you will lose 20 RP points. Your RP bonus can't go below 0. If it does, the bonus will still be set at 0. However, it may take you a few days of RPing to get it back above zero.
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Wow. I got put with four unranked (one was the host, however). This is gonna be fun.
Co-Author of SC #204

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:05 pm

What time is cutoff? I am working on a roster rigt now.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Can I just say it's extremely weird to refer to the backs as the "defense" (sic) when wingers score a majority of tries. Also, squad numbers don't exist in rugby union. Starts wear 1-15 based on their position.
Last edited by Liventia on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Liventia wrote:Can I just say it's extremely weird to refer to the backs as the "defense" (sic) when wingers score a majority of tries. Also, squad numbers don't exist in rugby union. Starts wear 1-15 based on their position.

Noted. Will change that in a bit.

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Where can you check the Game Days? I cannot find them on the Everything thread.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:37 pm

Gim wrote:Where can you check the Game Days? I cannot find them on the Everything thread.

Last post on page 1.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Gim wrote:Where can you check the Game Days? I cannot find them on the Everything thread.

Matchday One

It's the Everything thread, so RP, scores and rosters are all mixed in. Basically, when you see posts by the host, Aels that list the groups and tables and numbers, that's going to be the match day posts you're looking for. Or do what Barunia's post below this says, if you want to to run the internal site search engine. You'll figure it out.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Factbook

Barunia
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Barunia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 am

Two simple ways to search the thread
1) Type in your nation name in the search box at the top left
2) Sort by author. At the bottom of the last post on a page, there is a box that says "display posts from previous" followed by a drop down menu, and a box that says "Sort by" and a drop down menu. Click on that second drop down menu, change the setting to author, and hit go. That will list all the posts in alphabetical order by author, making it easy to find all posts by a single author.
Head of Dipomacy for the Union of Red Nations
Join the URN! A place for all communists, socialists, and left-wing nations.
I use my factbook!

Officially jolly good sporting chaps! Winners of the 2nd Chap Olympiad! (As MCSA)

Football
Baptism of Fire 51: Quarter-finalists
Cup of Harmony 62 & 64: Runner-ups
Qualified for World Cup 67,68,73,74,75

Rugby Union World Cup 25 - Third Place

Hosts of the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup
Third Place in the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup

Hosts of the Celebration of Field Hockey

Board Member of the World Calvinball Federation

Rugby World Cup 26 Champions
Author of Issue #604

Aels
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aels » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Open question (currently undecided):
How would people feel if I ran plate and shield competitions alongside the main World Cup knockout stages? These wouldn't count towards world rankings (or could, at a much lower level) but would give teams something more to RP if they've been knocked out.

The plan would be for teams eliminated in the round of 16 to take part in the plate tournament and for third-placed pool teams to be in the shield.

Suggestions and thoughts are welcome.
Main nation: Liventia

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Aels wrote:Open question (currently undecided):
How would people feel if I ran plate and shield competitions alongside the main World Cup knockout stages? These wouldn't count towards world rankings (or could, at a much lower level) but would give teams something more to RP if they've been knocked out.

The plan would be for teams eliminated in the round of 16 to take part in the plate tournament and for third-placed pool teams to be in the shield.

Suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

I like the plate idea, but not the shield. I think giving a mini tournament for teams eliminated in the round-of-16 sounds fair. Maybe make it count for 1/8 of the current formula. By that, I mean that it uses the formula for the knockout, but mulitply it by 1/8
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports