NATION

PASSWORD

Whitemount Ecumenical Council (Sunalaya only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Sanctissimum Civitate
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Whitemount Ecumenical Council (Sunalaya only)

Postby Sanctissimum Civitate » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 am

Concilium Oecumenicum Albusmontem
Whitemount Ecumenical Council

As the sun was rising over the city of Whitemount, Capsland, Archbishop Jérôme Beau stood eagerly expecting the arrival of Pope Pius XIII to the city. Pope Pius XIII had recently called the Ecumenical Council to meet in Whitemount, a city in the Catholic dominated province of Goldwyn, and had invited representatives from numerous churches to meet with him. This was, of course, a very rare occurrence. As the Pope approached the Bishop's Palace, Archbishop Beau bowed his head, and said "good morning Holy Father! We have eagerly been awaiting your arrival."

The two began to walk to the room the Council was to meet in. As they walked, he detailed the topics he would like to discuss. "Our church splintered many years ago, your Grace. I want to see greater cooperation between the Churches of Sunalaya. I would like to propose an interfaith organisation that will work towards charity, and help run hospitals and care for the sick and poor in countries like Sunafrica. Further, I would like to discuss the possibility of furthering the cooperation between the Christians of Sunalaya with the Caliphate and Yaramaqui, repairing the divide between the Abrahamic faith. Of course, I hope other's bring forth topics they wish to discuss in today's council session."

The two had taken their seats at a long, oval table. They began to go through papers while expecting the arrival of other emissaries from around the world.

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Cardinal Thomas Marconi arrived to the Ecumenical Council meeting after his long flight from Aznazia. As a Romalei-Aznazian, he was raised in the Catholic Teachings and found himself called to Priesthood. As a young Priest he traveled across Aznazia and to the former Aznazian colonies of Shawata and Uszwa to help keep faith alive and to care for the poor. Later on he wrote many books about how Religions should work together to help the hungry, sick and the poor around the world after his experience in Sunafrica. As a result of his actions he soon ascended the hierarchy of the Catholic Church and took the Cardinal's Oath at the age of 65. After a quick trip back to his home nation, Marconi boarded a flight to Capsland as soon as Pope Pius XIII sent out the call for leaders to discuss interfaith organization. He hoped that his knowledge and work with other religious bodies might lead to a successful meeting called by the Holy Father.

"Good morning to you Holy Father." he said as he entered the room.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Wintanceastre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wintanceastre » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:28 am

Archbishop Thomas Whitacre arrived to the Ecumenical Council just moments after Cardinal Marconi of Aznazia arrived. Archbishop Whitacre was recently made the Archbishop of Denbigh, the senior most bishop and spiritual leader of the Church of Bryher and Drake's Isle, although the monarch is the official head. Raised in the Anglican Church, Whitacre was ordained a priest in 1973 at the age of 17. From the start of his time in the clergy, Whitacre worked closely with the Catholic Church. Despite being the second largest church in Wintanceastre, Catholicism was still technically illegal, and therefore there were no parishes within Wintanceastre. In 1976, he, along with many Catholic priests, were able to get Parliament to vote towards allowing Catholicism to be freely practiced in Wintanceastre. He has often stated, "working closely with the Catholic Church, and indeed all religions, can only bring greatness." He was excited to hear Pope Pius XIII's call for an interfaith Ecumenical Council, and eagerly waited for the meeting to officially begin.

He bowed his head in respect and said, "good morning, Holy Father." He then turned to Cardinal Marconi and said, "good morning, Your Eminence." He took his seat next to Cardinal Marconi, and began to ask him how things were in Aznazia while waiting for the council to begin.
My Political Compass
Also Cill Airne
Anglo-Catholic

Conservative

O come, Thou Wisdom, from on high, and order all things far and nigh

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Following the arrival of Archbishope Witacre, the arrival of His excellency, HaHakham Eldad Modi’im Ben Elyakim Dosa HaYehudah, The chief rabbi of Yaramaquese Jewry in Yaramaqui and the Yaramaquese diaspora. Growing up in Khizdara, Yaramaqui, he was born shortly after the Yaramaquese declared independence from various foreign powers in 1947. His family fled the the country to Wintanceastre, where he grew up Rosenmont in Oakdale. An Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood. He remained there with his family for 15 years, when they left the country at 1965. There he got married at the age of 19 during the year 1967 and had 6 children, settling in Malafaqüm, where he was a well known rabbi. Unfortunately when D'Fleuves invaded and installed a dictatorship for the exploitation of resources such as wine, the country began arresting foreigners or people who were suspected to hide foreigners. Modi’im was one of these people who were hiding foreigners so he was arrested along with his wife and children, where they were in labour camps separated for the next 16 years until the Blue Revolution of Yaramaqui in 1983, when he reunited with his wife loosing all of his children. Modi’im became one of the revolutionaries in support of democracy, and was one of the chief spiritual leaders during the civil war, which ended in 1987. Modi’im rested for the next two decades battling depression yet maintaining his role as a community leader with the ideology of "Gam zu la’töboh" or everything is for the best. He soon began to rise up ranks of the chief rabbinate gradually for the next two decades when he was elected chief rabbi with a majority vote of 43 - 28, in 2007, now serving his 8th year of his 15 year term. He has been known for saying, the only step for tolerance and peace in this world is to communicate with others, and an important aspect of that communication is discourse between other faiths.

Now waiting for the Ecumenical Council to begin, he entered the room and greeted the men in the room saying, "Buqr Töb Wa-Sholöm ’Alekham, akhim" taking a seat by Archbishop Whitacre awaiting for the council to commence.
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Archbishop Jérôme Beau, while sitting next to his holiness, greeted the other spiritual leaders. He was eager to bring up many topics for the council to discus. Including one close to home. Goldwyn. He was a known supporter of Goldwyning independence from Capsland and had even voiced his opinion during the referendum campaigns months ago. Finally the spiritual leaders of Sunalaya could come together and actually reach out to the world about certain topics.

After growing up in a small village outside Whitemount, he knew perfectly well what the common religious people of Goldwyn wanted. They wanted a more involving church that reached to the people. He one mission was to make this a reality, whatever the cost may be.

He turned to the Chief Rabbi of Yaramaqui.
"Sholöm ’Alekham!" He said, boasting his knowledge of Yaramaquese that he had gained when studying there.
"I would first like to just give my condolences to the victims of the Ma'alamot earthquake. Even here, in Goldwyn, we felt some of it's destructive nature. I have urged the Capslandian government to pledge more resources into the humanitarian aid effort and they have told me that they will not stop until the effects of that earthquake are gone."
Jérôme then looked through the papers in front of him with the lists of possible topics for the council.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Hakham Eldad smiled at the Archbishop. "’Alekham Sholöm, akhi." "I thank you for your country's help. May HaShem bless your name. It was a great calamity to fall upon our land. B’Ezrat Hashem, may the situation there improve to a higher level. It certainly has, but there is always room for improvement." replied the Hakham. Eldad was intrigued, knowing that a diverse amount of faces will show up to the Ecumencial Council. The Hakham always loved to study and learn about his brothers, and their ideas. Eldad, holding a briefcase, entered the combination, and pulled out a neatly organised stack of papers and the book, Emunot VeDeot to read quietly, excitedly waiting for the council to start.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Return to International Incidents