NATION

PASSWORD

How long until a thread is considered dead?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Planet of Oceanis
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

How long until a thread is considered dead?

Postby The Planet of Oceanis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 am

As the title suggests, I'd like to know what amount of time must pass before a thread is generally considered 'dead'.

This might not be the right forum section, and if it isn't, just ask a mod to move it or something, you don't have to complain to me.
Could you please take a look?
If I get involved in other NS RPs, my planet effectively becomes a region, and I can RP as any/all of the nations in it.

I am not a nation. This account is for roleplaying as any/all of the nations on my 'planet'.
Info on the planet

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:36 am

It varies from from forum to forum.

The Planet of Oceanis
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Planet of Oceanis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:39 am

Lockdownn wrote:It varies from from forum to forum.

P2TM
Could you please take a look?
If I get involved in other NS RPs, my planet effectively becomes a region, and I can RP as any/all of the nations in it.

I am not a nation. This account is for roleplaying as any/all of the nations on my 'planet'.
Info on the planet

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Roleplay threads don't have a set expiration. The originator can reopen a thread weeks, months, or years later without any problem. Some RPs are really slow and take take months between "turns". On the other hand, random nations posting for the first time in a thread that's been idle for just a few weeks can be considered gravedigging.

Once the OP asks for the thread to be locked, you can consider it "dead". Of course, they can ask for it to be unlocked later if they wish. The mods would rather they just leave them alone until/unless they feel like picking back up.

Return to Technical