NATION

PASSWORD

A War in the Shadows (Cold War Espionage RP,OOC,Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:25 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Not to be a jackass, but the MAC-11 was designed and manufactured in the 70s...

Fuck, I knew this would happen.

Oh, mighty wikipedia, save me.

Really, all you can get weapon wise is a Sten Mk. IV I believe. Yeah, I think that was the suppressed variant.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Fuck, I knew this would happen.

Oh, mighty wikipedia, save me.

Really, all you can get weapon wise is a Sten Mk. IV I believe. Yeah, I think that was the suppressed variant.

According to Wikipedia, the Uzi was adopted in the 50s by the IDF. So, it's not anachronistic at the very least. I actually recall seeing US operatives using the Uzi in a documentary once, so there's that.

I don't want something huge, at least until I get my hands on a sniper rifle.
Last edited by New Grestin on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Really, all you can get weapon wise is a Sten Mk. IV I believe. Yeah, I think that was the suppressed variant.

According to Wikipedia, the Uzi was adopted in the 50s by the IDF.

Oh yes, how could I forget one of the most iconic weapons of all time?!?

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:28 pm

New Grestin wrote:According to Wikipedia, the Uzi was adopted in the 50s by the IDF.

Oh yes, how could I forget one of the most iconic weapons of all time?!?

Not sure if sarcasm...
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Oh yes, how could I forget one of the most iconic weapons of all time?!?

Not sure if sarcasm...

When it comes to guns, I'm never sarcastic.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Nation Name: Pandeeria
Character Name: Evan Brenzwel

Appearance: A slightly above average height man, with rather dark brown hair and a less than average muscle build.

Bio: Born in 1929 to a farming family in rural Wisconsin, Evan from the minute he worked on that farm hated it. He often got into fights with his parents and siblings, rarely did any work, and was occupied by other things. However, unlike many others, Evan often got away with his trouble making. From an an early age be it at school or home, Evan often used a form of cunning and analysis to get out of trouble. Learning basic things such as planting evidence on his siblings, twisting people's words against them, cornering them with their own words and evidence against them, often playing the victim card to use his parent's nature to his own benefit, or using blackmail or guilt tripping his siblings or any potential bullies at school, Evan was manipulative. He also didn't like his father very much. From such a young age, his father drunk constantly and smoked. His father was a poorly educated, drunk farmer, whom Evan personally hated. This propelled Evan to be the opposite of his father.

Due to Evan not really working but focusing a lot more on School, he didn't really get to much physical exercise but instead learned more and more ways to psychologically mess with people, and avoid conflict from his meddling. Physically, Evan is quite weak. In a pure fist fight, he would almost certainly lose, however using his cunning and manipulative nature, he rarely if ever got into a fight. And whenever he did, the odds were typically stacked in his favor. Due to school, and him getting exceedingly superior grades to not only his other siblings, but also to most other students. As he got older however, he began to realize how horrible he was earlier in life for manipulating people. Be it for money or to get some end result, Evan ultimately decided to try and join the police force. At first he was just a grunt that stayed completely in the office, doing menial paperwork. Eventually, he managed to work his way up, and after solving a murder, Evan quickly ascended the ranks in his force. Eventually, he went on to to college, taking a degree in human psychology, and working on a state level to interview suspects for crimes. And began moving around to different states to help.

Eventually, after solving a shooting which lead to a higher up in the Mafia being arrested, Evan was paid a visit by government officials, asking him if he wanted to help with more serious affairs. Evan ultimately joined the CIA, and eventually lead him to his current assignment.

Personality: A very closed off person, Evan prefers not to interact or work with strangers unless necessary. He prefers to stay away from any action, typically using others as pawns to reach his own goal. Due to his social awkwardness around strangers and relative anxiety, Evan does not have a wife or even a girl friend, and has a very limited amount of friends. Due to growing up on a farm, Evan absolutely adores animals. He does not drink or smoke. Evan is also very patient, and will not easily crack under stress. Unless of course the stress is causing physical pain.

Skills: Is very experienced in analytical strategies of determining potential perpetrators, very manipulative. Has some experience with firearms, as he was a hunter when he was littler. Also has experience with some forms of machinery.
ID Code: 1886 (DO NOT REMOVE)
RP Examples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=342922&p=24920263#p24920263
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:30 pm

New Grestin wrote:Not sure if sarcasm...

When it comes to guns, I'm never sarcastic.

Ditto. I was hoping a Steyr AUG would be available, but that's the 70s, and that makes me sad.

Damnit, I need to make Deckard a timelord.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Nation Name: Pandeeria

Appearance: A slightly above average height man, with rather dark brown hair and a less than average muscle build.

Bio: Born in 1929 to a farming family in rural Wisconsin, Evan from the minute he worked on that farm hated it. He often got into fights with his parents and siblings, rarely did any work, and was occupied by other things. However, unlike many others, Evan often got away with his trouble making. From an an early age be it at school or home, Evan often used a form of cunning and analysis to get out of trouble. Learning basic things such as planting evidence on his siblings, twisting people's words against them, cornering them with their own words and evidence against them, often playing the victim card to use his parent's nature to his own benefit, or using blackmail or guilt tripping his siblings or any potential bullies at school, Evan was manipulative. He also didn't like his father very much. From such a young age, his father drunk constantly and smoked. His father was a poorly educated, drunk farmer, whom Evan personally hated. This propelled Evan to be the opposite of his father.

Due to Evan not really working but focusing a lot more on School, he didn't really get to much physical exercise but instead learned more and more ways to psychologically mess with people, and avoid conflict from his meddling. Physically, Evan is quite weak. In a pure fist fight, he would almost certainly lose, however using his cunning and manipulative nature, he rarely if ever got into a fight. And whenever he did, the odds were typically stacked in his favor. Due to school, and him getting exceedingly superior grades to not only his other siblings, but also to most other students. As he got older however, he began to realize how horrible he was earlier in life for manipulating people. Be it for money or to get some end result, Evan ultimately decided to try and join the police force. At first he was just a grunt that stayed completely in the office, doing menial paperwork. Eventually, he managed to work his way up, and after solving a murder, Evan quickly ascended the ranks in his force. Eventually, he went on to to college, taking a degree in human psychology, and working on a state level to interview suspects for crimes. And began moving around to different states to help.

Eventually, after solving a shooting which lead to a higher up in the Mafia being arrested, Evan was paid a visit by government officials, asking him if he wanted to help with more serious affairs. Evan ultimately joined the CIA, and eventually lead him to his current assignment.

Personality: A very closed off person, Evan prefers not to interact or work with strangers unless necessary. He prefers to stay away from any action, typically using others as pawns to reach his own goal. Due to his social awkwardness around strangers and relative anxiety, Evan does not have a wife or even a girl friend, and has a very limited amount of friends. Due to growing up on a farm, Evan absolutely adores animals. He does not drink or smoke. Evan is also very patient, and will not easily crack under stress. Unless of course the stress is causing physical pain.

Skills: Is very experienced in analytical strategies of determining potential perpetrators, very manipulative. Has some experience with firearms, as he was a hunter when he was littler. Also has experience with some forms of machinery.
RP Examples: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=342922&p=24920263#p24920263

Dat wall of text though. Accepted. You'll be the last original member of the team, and you were present for the briefing.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Oh yes, how could I forget one of the most iconic weapons of all time?!?

Not sure if sarcasm...

Pick a specific one. Some sucked, some were great. Just cause its in the wide category of 'Sniper Rifle' doesn't make it inherently a good weapon.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:When it comes to guns, I'm never sarcastic.

Ditto. I was hoping a Steyr AUG would be available, but that's the 70s, and that makes me sad.

Damnit, I need to make Deckard a timelord.

Give me an AKM any day. Reliable and common.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Nation Name: Pandeeria

Dat wall of text though. Accepted. You'll be the last original member of the team, and you were present for the briefing.

He and Carter will be running this op by the end. Analysts4lyfe. Jk.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Alouite wrote:

Pick a specific one. Some sucked, some were great. Just cause its in the wide category of 'Sniper Rifle' doesn't make it inherently a good weapon.

What rifle was it that wasn't even accurate to 100 yards? Fuck, can't remember. And it was a 60s rifle...

Conglomerate of Iron
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Conglomerate of Iron » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:34 pm

THE BEST WEAPON OF ALL TIME:

The one easily available to you at the time of crisis.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Pro: Liberty, Anti-Statism, Anarcho-Capitalism, Minarchy, Libertarianism, Capitalism, etc.
Neutral: Anarcho-Communism, Syndicalism, Democracy.
Con: Communism, Socialism, Statism, Fascism, Crony Capitalism, Corporatism, Consumerism.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Alouite wrote:

I dunno, a Carcano? The irony would be stunning, but from my understanding, the rifles themselves were garbage.

Realistically, a basic M14 with a scope would probably be sufficient. It took until '61 before they were gradually phased out in lieu of the shitbucket M16.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:THE BEST WEAPON OF ALL TIME:

Does that mean the broken bolt-action .22 I had when a guy tried to rob my house was the best weapon of all time?

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Alouite wrote:Pick a specific one. Some sucked, some were great. Just cause its in the wide category of 'Sniper Rifle' doesn't make it inherently a good weapon.

What rifle was it that wasn't even accurate to 100 yards? Fuck, can't remember. And it was a 60s rifle...

I was hoping someone would name it but forgot the name retaining enough self pride not to wiki search it.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Alouite wrote:Pick a specific one. Some sucked, some were great. Just cause its in the wide category of 'Sniper Rifle' doesn't make it inherently a good weapon.

I dunno, a Carcano? The irony would be stunning, but from my understanding, the rifles themselves were garbage.

Realistically, a basic M14 with a scope would probably be sufficient. It took until '61 before they were gradually phased out in lieu of the shitbucket M16.

Damn fucking M16...

Quoted directly from my uncle, a Vietnam vet.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:39 pm

New Grestin wrote:I dunno, a Carcano? The irony would be stunning, but from my understanding, the rifles themselves were garbage.

Damn fucking M16...

Quoted directly from my uncle, a Vietnam vet.

Don't expect me not to make a reference to that.

That rifle was so bad, even the VC wouldn't use it.

Conglomerate of Iron
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Conglomerate of Iron » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:THE BEST WEAPON OF ALL TIME:

Does that mean the broken bolt-action .22 I had when a guy tried to rob my house was the best weapon of all time?

If no other weapon was available, yes.

But at that point, I would just axe the fucker in the head. or machete.

How did that turn out?
Pro: Liberty, Anti-Statism, Anarcho-Capitalism, Minarchy, Libertarianism, Capitalism, etc.
Con: Communism, Socialism, Statism, Fascism, Crony Capitalism, Corporatism, Consumerism.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Does that mean the broken bolt-action .22 I had when a guy tried to rob my house was the best weapon of all time?

If no other weapon was available, yes.

How did that turn out?

He kept walking down the road, never even stepped foot on my property.

Conglomerate of Iron
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Conglomerate of Iron » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:41 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:If no other weapon was available, yes.

How did that turn out?

He kept walking down the road, never even stepped foot on my property.

Good.

But that is the exact reason I have several guns.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:41 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:He kept walking down the road, never even stepped foot on my property.

Good.

23 in my house, I think. Idk exactly.

Conglomerate of Iron
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Conglomerate of Iron » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:Good.

F*ck yeah.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:Good.

...I own a walking stick with a knife duct-taped to it...

Then again, I could buy any gun I wanted. Arizona has some of the easiest going firearm laws on the planet.
Last edited by New Grestin on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antarcteca
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarcteca » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:45 pm

The intro message says: "The Cold War continues to grow hotter" :rofl: the irony!
- Large Military - Nationalist Socialist Party - Large Economy -
Map
Link of The Day
Antarctic Continent: New San Francisco, New California, Antara, Rhilea, Terre, Royale, West Sillia, East Sillia, Arkea, Trois Portes, Courte, Central Federal Territory
Birdmay-Aktosh Border Dispute - In Progress
Leader: Elector-Primo Phillip Dean IV
Currency: The Note
Allies: UMU and the United Council of Nations
Population: 645,700,040 Million
Military: 8.6 Million
Budget: 46.4% of GDP
GDP: $N 391 Million
Poorest 10%: $N 54,191
Avg. Per Person: $N 100,752
Richest 10%: $N 172,681[/b]

Having fought Antarteca twice before, we have developed a respect of the Grand Republic. There fore, we declare war on all enemy's of Antarteca

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse