NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: The Fall of Hoenn (OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:28 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Looks like people are already planning out ships... when the IC is barely a day old...

I'm not saying anything.

Honestly, I blame Lith.

Yeah. I'm Lith's favorite Ecchi fan and Temp's his son. We probably should have thought about the effect that would have on shipping before we started the IC.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:33 am

New Jordslag wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Honestly, I blame Lith.

Yeah. I'm Lith's favorite Ecchi fan and Temp's his son. We probably should have thought about the effect that would have on shipping before we started the IC.

No no no, all is good.

Ships away. It's amusing to me to watch nerdy teens and young adults trying to write coherent romance on a forum made for psychotic dictators-ish to have a place to clash their railgun-armed wangs in.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Qart chadast
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Qart chadast » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:53 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Qart chadast wrote:Damn, Almost finished my post when i realised i totally forgot mentioning the pokéjammer. For what time have these Pokéjammers been active? Just asking since Hippopotas can't be found in Hoenn, yet its the only Pokémon my character has that "lives" in a pokéball, or in this case a Rule ball.
Also how would one get this Rule ball? Did they exist already or where they made in a response to the Pokéjammer? I just really like to keep my story straight and all and gotta figure out a bit how well informed by character would be on this matter.

The Pokejammer has been active a few months, give or take.

The Rule Balls were created before the war, but the Teams kept them to themselves. After they invaded and thus made the existence of Rule Balls public knowledge, the Resistance began stealing them with the aid of Partisans. Steven now has a steadily increasing supply and he hands them out evenly.

I see, okay, i think i can work with that :)

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:06 am

>Clara asks to sit down
>Sits down without waiting for a response
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:08 am

New Jordslag wrote:>Clara asks to sit down

#THUGLYFE
...!?!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 am

Atlannia wrote:

#THUGLYFE

Yep, basically.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:12 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Atlannia wrote:

#THUGLYFE

Yep, basically.
Atlannia wrote:

#THUGLYFE

Temp, I'm afraid I'm beginning to hate the players.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:14 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Yep, basically.
Atlannia wrote:

#THUGLYFE

Temp, I'm afraid I'm beginning to hate the players.

Why?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:15 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Temp, I'm afraid I'm beginning to hate the players.

Why?

Look at what I quoted from you two.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:15 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Why?

Look at what I quoted from you two.

I did, but why you got to hate?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:16 am

BAM!

Death Beam Question Barrage!

1. Will we be able to challenge the Elite Four and the Champion sometime in the future?

2. Wouldn't the Pokejammer also lock the Pokemon of the Teams who use it? Unless they somehow swapped them into Rule Balls, which doesn't seem to be a thing in the games (or else I could just recycle the Master Ball over and over)

3. How much do the Teams spend on warehouse security if the Resistance can steal enough Rule Balls to arm up all of their team members and get away with it?

4. WHY DON'T WE HAVE AN AIR FORCE?!

5. Will catching legendaries be a thing someday? Sky Pillar is right next to Pacifidlog, if I remember correctly.

6. When is the earliest date we will be able to find Mega Stones?

7. Why don't the teams just nuke Dewford out of existence and end the conflict right there? They certainly have the power and number advantage.

8. Everyone should just train harder, Steven.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:29 am

Finland SSR wrote:BAM!

Death Beam Question Barrage!

1. Will we be able to challenge the Elite Four and the Champion sometime in the future?

2. Wouldn't the Pokejammer also lock the Pokemon of the Teams who use it? Unless they somehow swapped them into Rule Balls, which doesn't seem to be a thing in the games (or else I could just recycle the Master Ball over and over)

3. How much do the Teams spend on warehouse security if the Resistance can steal enough Rule Balls to arm up all of their team members and get away with it?

4. WHY DON'T WE HAVE AN AIR FORCE?!

5. Will catching legendaries be a thing someday? Sky Pillar is right next to Pacifidlog, if I remember correctly.

6. When is the earliest date we will be able to find Mega Stones?

7. Why don't the teams just nuke Dewford out of existence and end the conflict right there? They certainly have the power and number advantage.

8. Everyone should just train harder, Steven.

1. Yes. The Resistance has to beat four Team Bosses, who have taken over the Elite Four, and Giovanni, who is the Champion, to shut down the Pokejammer. Likewise, you can battle Steven. In the event that you do, uh, good luck.

2. No. We have deviated from the games here, but it was possible to switch a Pokemon in a regular Pokeball into a Ruleball before the Pokejammer was set up.

3. They're spending increasingly more on Security, and the Resistance has to come up with new ways to get around it.

4. We do. It's called anybody with a Pokemon that can fly.

5. You are remembering correctly, and it will be a thing, but no Legendary catching at the moment.

6. Probs after the attempted Team Aqua invasion of Dewford.

7. That's actually a plan of ours (spoilers!), but Nukes are still in development IC right now.

8. This is one of the few things you have said that I actually agree with.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:39 am

so uh, am I clear to start posting in the IC?
...!?!

Qart chadast
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Qart chadast » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:40 am

Well, post is up! Let me know what you think of it ;)

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:53 am

Atlannia wrote:so uh, am I clear to start posting in the IC?

Yes. You are.

Qart chadast wrote:Well, post is up! Let me know what you think of it ;)

Good job.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 am

New Jordslag wrote:8. This is one of the few things you have said that I actually agree with.

...But seriously, though, why am I the only one actually training and preparing to fight? I can't beat the E4 all by myself, you know.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:56 am

Finland SSR wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:8. This is one of the few things you have said that I actually agree with.

...But seriously, though, why am I the only one actually training and preparing to fight? I can't beat the E4 all by myself, you know.

Well, one of my characters is in the middle of a Conversation, and the other... You'll find out.

Steven Stone probably is training.

As for everyone else, I can't say.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:05 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:...But seriously, though, why am I the only one actually training and preparing to fight? I can't beat the E4 all by myself, you know.

Well, one of my characters is in the middle of a Conversation, and the other... You'll find out.

Steven Stone probably is training.

As for everyone else, I can't say.

Dammit, just enact full mobilization already.

Think of how effective it would be in the Pokemon world.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:20 am

Atlannia wrote:Fiiiiinally got the pic done. I'm not really happy with it but I don't really have the time to redo it. So:

([url=http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii487/atlannia/Shaysmall_zpsjliryakv.png]Image)[/url]

Team Member App

Name: Shay Tyler.

Well, you can still art better than I can. :D
Accepted.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 am

Ranger App

Name: Nona Bindo
Appearance:
(Image) Best I could do.

Sex: Female
Birthplace: Virbank City, Unova
Moral alignment: Chaotic Good

Biography: Growing up in Virbank, Nona was never one to obey the rules, often getting in trouble in her childhood when she'd wander onto the construction sites in search for more fun things to do. Despite this, she always seemed to get on well with the Pokemon that both lived and worked around the city, and would always follow the rules if it was implied that Pokemon benefited from them being followed. When she was 10 Nona outright refused to become a Pokemon Trainer, refusing to put Pokemon she liked and respected into tiny little balls. Upon finding out about the Pokemon Rangers, Nona became determined to become one, seeing it as the perfect thing for her, being able to work alongside Pokemon, but not having to follow loads of rules or keeping those Pokemon she had in Pokeballs.

Attending Ranger School, Nona was disappointed by the amount of rules that a Ranger had to follow, although she pledged that she'd try to uphold those rules even if she didn't follow all of them. Passing through the school and gaining her own Styler, Nona was set to work out of the Ranger HQ, something that didn't excite like it would many others, as it meant she'd probably be closely watched to make sure she did what she was meant to, something she'd never been brilliant at. After a couple of years Nona was straining against the, what she thought of as a, tight ruleset that the Rangers seemed to have to follow, and following a couple of 'incidents' Nona was 'reassigned' to Lacunosa Town, a move that made her start to outright dislike the Ranger Union. Following her move Nona started to truly isolate herself, hating Lacunosa Town because of its strict rules and traditions, often causing her to spend time in the other cities and towns in the nearby vicinity. It also didn't help that plenty of Pokemon Trainers used the routes she walked, although Nona would occasionally challenge them with Pokemon from nearby whom she had bonded with due to her Styler.

During one of her patrols Nona came across a lone and wounded Drifblim, despite being scared of her at first, Nona was able to calm the Drifblim down and bought it back to her house in Lacunosa Town so she could help it heal naturally. The two bonded and Nona took it on as her first Partner Pokemon.

A fews years after that, Team Plasma appeared, and despite being interested and agreeing with some of their ideals Nona did not join with them, mainly because of the hypocritical way they used their Pokemon. After the original version of Team Plasma was defeated, Nona would sometimes journey to Driftveil City to talk with those who had truly fought for N's ideals, and indeed she tried to help them again when Ghetsis reappeared.

Upon hearing of the invasion and subsequent fall of Hoenn, Nona prepared to move regions once more to help how she could. For although she held a dislike for the Ranger Union and Pokemon Trainers in general, she hated those who treated Pokemon as tools, and after hearing of the Pokejammer, those who could refuse to allow Pokemon out of their Pokeballs to potentially starve or die. Viewing her joining of the Resistance as more of an alliance of convenience than anything else, she is prepared to help where she can.

Partner Pokemon:
  • Drifblim "Drift"
  • Female
  • Unburden
  • Moveset:
    • 1 Hex
    • 2 Clear Smog
    • 3 Charge Beam
    • 4 Psychic
  • History/Personality: Nona originally found Drift wounded alone and scared on Route 13 one night as she returned from her patrol around Undella Town. Bringing Drift back to her house in Lacunosa Town, Nona proceeded to look after the Drifblim, having used her Styler to calm down the Pokemon. The two bonded over the time it took for Drift to heal, and so Nona took her on as her own Partner Pokemon. Drift is quite close to Nona, and can bring out a less cynical side in her. Drift is generally OK with other Pokemon, although perhaps due to her closeness with Nona, she does not like seeing Pokemon being recalled into Poke Balls. She also does not like other Drifblim and can act slightly scared around them.

Optional Section:

Personality: Quite cynical of others, not that friendly although willing to work with others if needed, a bit of a deadpan snarker and often uses sarcasm when speaking to others. A bit suspicious and curious of others, always tries to keep her guard up, not that she always does. A bit of liar, especially if it suits her, or if she believes it will help in the long run.
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:39 am

I think metal covers aren't really the most fitting themes right now. Maybe later, but I've found an even better one for Lucien.

"I choose MAGMAR!"

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:59 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:[...]
[...]

[...]7. That's actually a plan of ours (spoilers!), but Nukes are still in development IC right now.
[...]

May I give my personal answer to that? Because it isn't effective.
Sure, Dewford and most of the Gym Leaders, Former E4 and maybe even Steven would be wiped off the face of the earth, but while loosing the upper end of the command structure would be devestating for a regular army (and the teams, for that matter), it is in the very nature of any resistance to be more decentralized.
Sure, a bunch of crazily awesome people would be dust, but the fighting would continue.
And also... do you know how bloody near Dewford is to the mainland? It would be shooting oneself in the knee with a howitzer!
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:04 am

The Selkie wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:[...]7. That's actually a plan of ours (spoilers!), but Nukes are still in development IC right now.
[...]

Sure, Dewford and most of the Gym Leaders, Former E4 and maybe even Steven would be wiped off the face of the earth, but while loosing the upper end of the command structure would be devestating for a regular army (and the teams, for that matter), it is in the very nature of any resistance to be more decentralized.
Sure, a bunch of crazily awesome people would be dust, but the fighting would continue.
And also... do you know how bloody near Dewford is to the mainland? It would be shooting oneself in the knee with a howitzer!

Yes, but unlike in the real world wars, most leaders of the Pokemon factions are also the biggest powerhouses. Losing them means losing a significant portion of your army as well.

Sooo...

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:10 am

Finland SSR wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Yes, but unlike in the real world wars, most leaders of the Pokemon factions are also the biggest powerhouses. Losing them means losing a significant portion of your army as well.

Sooo...

Actually, that's not quite true. Remember, there is a Pokejammer. Most Resistance Trainers are more or less equal. While Steven Stone and the other commanders are more powerful than the average trainer, the Resistance could very well carry on without them.

The Blazing Aura wrote:
Ranger App

Name: Nona Bindo
Appearance: (Still working on finding a decent pic, until then: 5 foot 5, tanned skin, dark brown hair (with a couple of strands of grey), brown eyes)
Sex: Female
Birthplace: Virbank City, Unova
Moral alignment: Chaotic Good

Biography: Growing up in Virbank, Nona was never one to obey the rules, often getting in trouble in her childhood when she'd wander onto the construction sites in search for more fun things to do. Despite this, she always seemed to get on well with the Pokemon that both lived and worked around the city, and would always follow the rules if it was implied that Pokemon benefited from them being followed. When she was 10 Nona outright refused to become a Pokemon Trainer, refusing to put Pokemon she liked and respected into tiny little balls. Upon finding out about the Pokemon Rangers, Nona became determined to become one, seeing it as the perfect thing for her, being able to work alongside Pokemon, but not having to follow loads of rules or keeping those Pokemon she had in Pokeballs.

Attending Ranger School, Nona was disappointed by the amount of rules that a Ranger had to follow, although she pledged that she'd try to uphold those rules even if she didn't follow all of them. Passing through the school and gaining her own Styler, Nona was set to work out of the Ranger HQ, something that didn't excite like it would many others, as it meant she'd probably be closely watched to make sure she did what she was meant to, something she'd never been brilliant at. After a couple of years Nona was straining against the, what she thought of as a, tight ruleset that the Rangers seemed to have to follow, and following a couple of 'incidents' Nona was 'reassigned' to Lacunosa Town, a move that made her start to outright dislike the Ranger Union. Following her move Nona started to truly isolate herself, hating Lacunosa Town because of its strict rules and traditions, often causing her to spend time in the other cities and towns in the nearby vicinity. It also didn't help that plenty of Pokemon Trainers used the routes she walked, although Nona would occasionally challenge them with Pokemon from nearby whom she had bonded with due to her Styler.

During one of her patrols Nona came across a lone and wounded Drifblim, despite being scared of her at first, Nona was able to calm the Drifblim down and bought it back to her house in Lacunosa Town so she could help it heal naturally. The two bonded and Nona took it on as her first Partner Pokemon.

A fews years after that, Team Plasma appeared, and despite being interested and agreeing with some of their ideals Nona did not join with them, mainly because of the hypocritical way they used their Pokemon. After the original version of Team Plasma was defeated, Nona would sometimes journey to Driftveil City to talk with those who had truly fought for N's ideals, and indeed she tried to help them again when Ghetsis reappeared.

Upon hearing of the invasion and subsequent fall of Hoenn, Nona prepared to move regions once more to help how she could. For although she held a dislike for the Ranger Union and Pokemon Trainers in general, she hated those who treated Pokemon as tools, and after hearing of the Pokejammer, those who could refuse to allow Pokemon out of their Pokeballs to potentially starve or die. Viewing her joining of the Resistance as more of an alliance of convenience than anything else, she is prepared to help where she can.

Partner Pokemon:
  • Drifblim "Drift"
  • Female
  • Unburden
  • Moveset:
    • 1 Hex
    • 2 Clear Smog
    • 3 Charge Beam
    • 4 Psychic
  • History/Personality: Nona originally found Drift wounded alone and scared on Route 13 one night as she returned from her patrol around Undella Town. Bringing Drift back to her house in Lacunosa Town, Nona proceeded to look after the Drifblim, having used her Styler to calm down the Pokemon. The two bonded over the time it took for Drift to heal, and so Nona took her on as her own Partner Pokemon. Drift is quite close to Nona, and can bring out a less cynical side in her. Drift is generally OK with other Pokemon, although perhaps due to her closeness with Nona, she does not like seeing Pokemon being recalled into Poke Balls. She also does not like other Drifblim and can act slightly scared around them.

Optional Section:

Personality: Quite cynical of others, not that friendly although willing to work with others if needed, a bit of a deadpan snarker and often uses sarcasm when speaking to others. A bit suspicious and curious of others, always tries to keep her guard up, not that she always does. A bit of liar, especially if it suits her, or if she believes it will help in the long run.

I don't quite see how her gender could be 'Bi.' I do believe that you are confusing Gender for Sexuality.

The Selkie wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:[...]7. That's actually a plan of ours (spoilers!), but Nukes are still in development IC right now.
[...]

>Asks if he can give his own answer
>Gives an answer without waiting for permission

*sigh*
Last edited by New Jordslag on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 am

Finland SSR wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Sooo...

That's true, too, so besides loosing any resemblence of coordination and discipline along with the command structure, they would be loosing their greatest assets. So, it would be far more effective for the resistance to wipe Ever Grande off the earth, rather then vice-versa with Dewford.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse