NATION

PASSWORD

Postapocalyptia | OOC [Apps Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Esternial wrote:If anything, she'd be the reason Eira gets left behind.

such evil, it'd be hilarious

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Esternial wrote:If anything, she'd be the reason Eira gets left behind.

That or Zed does something to her.

Worst case scenario he start to take part in raising her.

Highfort wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Lucy had a lot more going for her than what we have right now, including character. I second this motion; the main rig needs some sort of serious firepower, perhaps something like Galdius' suggestion, or maybe even a Gauss Cannon, or magnetic rail cannon? Something that could really put the hurt on enemy vehicles?

I thought the point of this was a non-militarized vehicle, getting away from Lil' Bit's model.

And I agree with Esternial's suggestion. The rig can evolve to meet our needs.

Upgrading it will also be a nice feature to the progress of the RP.

Bit like expanding your home, except ours is on wheels. You don't start off with the full package, but you purchase those gold & diamond rims later.
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Esternial wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:

That or Zed does something to her.

I don't know whats more questionable, her taking the kid along with her or her allowing allowing the kid to hang around very shady individuals.
Last edited by Galdius on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Galdius wrote:
Esternial wrote:That or Zed does something to her.

I don't know whats more questionable, her taking the kid along with her or her allowing allowing the kid to hang around very shady individuals.

"Here, little human, hold my scalpel while I feel around in there."

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Esternial wrote:
Galdius wrote:I don't know whats more questionable, her taking the kid along with her or her allowing allowing the kid to hang around very shady individuals.

The latter then.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Esternial wrote:
Galdius wrote:I don't know whats more questionable, her taking the kid along with her or her allowing allowing the kid to hang around very shady individuals.

"You mind holding the blowtorch for one second? I gotta move this rivet."
First as tragedy, then as farce

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Esternial wrote:I'm still hard pressed to see the rationale behind everyone allowing a 4-year-old child to come along.

If anything, she'd be the reason Eira gets left behind.

Eira is a traveler and vagabond by heart, and having Shimmer didn't stop her from doing that. She takes her along, keeping her safe, teaching her how to survive the best she can. And its not the first time she had to outrun roving bandits or hide from any hazard.

She's not gonna bring her into a gunfight. She knows where and when to hide and stays there until her mother comes back.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:02 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Esternial wrote:I'm still hard pressed to see the rationale behind everyone allowing a 4-year-old child to come along.

Eira is a traveler and vagabond by heart, and having Shimmer didn't stop her from doing that. She takes her along, keeping her safe, teaching her how to survive the best she can. And its not the first time she had to outrun roving bandits or hide from any hazard.

She's not gonna bring her into a gunfight. She knows where and when to hide and stays there until her mother comes back.

I meant whether the others would allow Eira to come with them with that 4-year old liability.

At any rate the odds aren't in young Schimmer's favour. Number one in the "Most likely to die" category.

Galdius wrote:
Esternial wrote:"Here, little human, hold my scalpel while I feel around in there."

The latter then.

Med school doesn't set age restrictions on Rigel-3.
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Esternial wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Eira is a traveler and vagabond by heart, and having Shimmer didn't stop her from doing that. She takes her along, keeping her safe, teaching her how to survive the best she can. And its not the first time she had to outrun roving bandits or hide from any hazard.

I meant whether the others would allow Eira to come with them with that 4-year old liability.

At any rate the odds aren't in young Schimmer's favour. Number one in the "Most likely to die" category.

Galdius wrote:The latter then.

wrapping her in a flak jacket would improve those chances however. from bullets atleast.
Ave Alea Necis

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:07 pm

Esternial wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Eira is a traveler and vagabond by heart, and having Shimmer didn't stop her from doing that. She takes her along, keeping her safe, teaching her how to survive the best she can. And its not the first time she had to outrun roving bandits or hide from any hazard.

Galdius wrote:The latter then.

Kids tend to be in that category yes.

Plus, Eira has many useful skills and a vehicle. So you have to put up with the kid if you want all the benefits! :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Galdius wrote:
Esternial wrote:I meant whether the others would allow Eira to come with them with that 4-year old liability.

wrapping her in a flak jacket would improve those chances however. from bullets atleast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loaCkrq0Afg
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Name: Mathias Strand
Sex: M
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 182 lbs

General appearance: Mathias

Skills: A journeyman naturopath/herbalist, Mathias is a strict pacifist with good knowledge of anatomy and the flora and fauna of Rigel III. Other than that, he's mostly harmless.

( :twisted: )

Stuff they own: A set of acupuncture needles; a journal and stylus; a paintbrush; a mortar and pestle; various bottles of preservatives, solvents and disinfectants; a glasses case; a scrapbook with samples of different plants' parts; leather satchel with preserved foodstuffs (one day's supply)

Personality: High-strung, he tends to give into his trichotillomania when under high stress. This leads to often hilarious mini-breakdowns after he realizes what he did, since he views it as an act of violence against the self. Which it is, of course; but reasonable people would take that as a reasonable exception to pacifism. In general, however, he's very quiet and tends to keep to himself, to the point where he is easily forgotten if not in someone's direct line of sight.
Traits, quirks, habits: A mirror-touch synesthete and chromesthete. This is why he usually doesn't interact with people, especially touchy-feely people. He sees them getting touched, thinks a ghost or evil spirit or something invisible is touching him, and then it's a whole mess (see Personality). Also, he whistles inappropriately cheerfully when doing acupuncture.
Likes: Collecting things he thinks is useful. Anything goes. Also, darkness.
Dislikes: Loud/obnoxious people.
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Gain experience to reach professional naturopath status.

Bio: WIP

Is accepted, given we talked about this. Once the bio is done, let me know and I'll update accordingly.

The Carlisle wrote:
Name: Eira Takahashi
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight:140 lbs

General appearance: [url=No suit]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/psychopass/images/7/70/Psycho-Pass_2_Kunizuka_and_Shimotsuki.png/revision/latest?cb=20141220214131&path-prefix=es[/url] She wears a large light brown duster, patchwork and sewn repairs in some places. She wears her hair back to keep it out of her face.

Skills:
    Cartography
    Survival
    Tracking
    Archaeology
    Proficient shooting skill
    First Aid
    Multilingual (Japanese, English, Russian, and a bit of regional languages)
    Proficient mechanics skill

Differing personalities have differing skills

The Mistress: Seduction and coercive negotiating
    The Professor: Critical thinking, planning, archaeology, and whip using
    The Veteran: Crack shot and close combat. Also a skill drinker and smoker
    The Kid: High energy and agility. Skilled thief and pickpocket
    The Beast: Dominating strength and stamina. Skilled use in the "Sheeredge"

Stuff they own:
    Patchwork repaired light brown duster
    Czech backpack
    Roll of tarp
    Cooking gear and a bunsen burner.
    Several rations
    Two jugs of water
    Writing utensils and paper
    LSAT light machine gun
    Colt 1911 pistol
    First Aid kit
    Medication, from her DID meds to birth control
    [url=Her favorite mug]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0225/1539/products/cuppa-doodle-daughter-mug-4029237_1_d0f9e4dc-0a83-4631-8aea-8e5eefa852b5_grande.jpeg?22400[/url]
    Various items used by her other personalities: Cigarettes for the Mistress, Cigars and a flask of whiskey for the Veteran, A leather whip for the Professor, and Candy for the Kid.
    "Sheeredge", the blade nicknamed for its insanely sharp edge. Cuts cleanly through even steel with a good enough swing. Made from the light blue metal Tritonium, a supermetal used to make the armor of space battleships. Used only by the Beast.
Lil'bit, an offroad vehicle gifted to Eira by Sev. Contains several supplies from food and water to tarp and poles. Contains a maxim machine gun and tripod, dismantled and set in a case in the back.

Personality: Eira herself is a humble woman. She's never been prideful of her actions, often mentioning the assistance of others in her missions. To her, her vagabonding are for the desire for adventure, to live a fulfilled life, and, deep down, to better the world; Not to boast about it. She is quite apologetic and rarely lies. She is pretty honest on what she does, even about her various personalities even if it does risk getting her kicked out. She is pretty empathetic, and does not wish harm or to harm people. She simply wishes to live and let live. That doesn't mean, when push comes to shove, that she won't fight. She is not combat minded, but can suppress herself enough to fight. She has trouble aiming to kill, which often leads her to be not as combat effective as she should be. She is a caring individual, and will not ignore someone who needs medical attention or food. This has since been exemplified with the birth of her daughter, which has made her more into a motherly figure than before. She is still quiet, and doesn't like talking to people much, but she can speak when she desires to. When she is emotional, she can be quiet serious and assertive. She suffers from PTSD, triggered by talks of her pregnancy or the mention of it. She is sometimes happy, but often has an either neutral look or a downcast one.

Eira suffers from DID, which gives her multiple personalities which really seem like different people.

1. The Mistress: Sly and seductive. She speaks in a sultry tone. She is a prostitute, selling her body in exchange for cash. She enjoys her work greatly, having a high libido. Sometimes, if its someone she likes or finds attractive, she does it for free. She is heterosexual and has a slight disdain for other women, even showing jealousy to some. She smokes cigarettes and drinks gin. She gets really mad at the mention of age, although she does act like an old fashion harlot. She dislikes Shimmer, as the girl calls her grandma which she hates. But she tolerates her enough.
    2. The Professor: Old and experienced. A man who has seen many things and traveled to many places. He acts like a leader and knows what he is doing (even when its not his field). He does not prefer other people, but does work with them when needed. He is sort of a hardass, but he has a soft spot, even if he doesn't show it. He likes kids, and acts like a grandfather of sorts. He loves Shimmer, being her designated Grandpa.
    3. The Veteran: Jolly and casual. The Veteran makes a show of himself and drinks away his memories. When in combat, the soldier switches on and he goes really serious, even when inebriated. He is heterosexual, and likes to hit on women (though, most of his attempts fail as most people think he is a lesbian and a lot of ladies aren't convinced otherwise). He drinks whiskey and smokes cigars. He likes Shimmer, being her designated dad.
    4. The kid. Wild, free, and full of life. She is a free spirit, happy most of the time. She is very sensitive and gets emotional at the tiniest slight. She isn't good at controlling her emotions. She likes to steal a lot, often lying about it. She rarely gets caught though, but when she does she lets Eira deal with it. She loves candy. She loves Shimmer, being her designated big sister.
    5. The Beast: A wolf in human skin. Savage and cannibalistic. Non cooperative and vicious. Loves the taste of blood, regardless of its origin. Eats the flesh of foes, often human ones. Dangerous to all. Despite his inherent danger, Shimmer calls him her big brother. Oddly enough, the beast never attacks Shimmer and even protects her; Whether out of brotherly care or belief she is his cub. He uses the "Sheeredge", his personal weapon.

Traits, quirks, habits: She has a lisp, making hard for her to communicate clearly. She has a personal bubble which she likes to maintain; the only person allowed to violate it is her daughter Shimmer. She bits her hair when nervous. She writes with her left hand.
Likes: Eira likes to sit by fires, read news, stargaze, and study artifacts. Coffee is her drink of choice. Her passion is traveling and is her lifestyle. She enjoys the company of her daughter, even if she is a burden and has caused her suffering beforehand. Her hobby is writing, whether a story or just notes.
Dislikes: Tea, sugar, drugs, alcohol, sweets, her other personalities and killing people.
Reason for becoming a Vagabond:
    A man in her past helped her, raised her, and trained her in the ways of the Vagabond. Since then, she has followed that as her path in life. Even if she didn't want to, she didn't have any other option. DID made her difficult to work with and outright dangerous if the Beast arises.

Bio: Eira's life is one full of tragedy and happiness, with the former making a large portion but the latter making a larger impact.

Eira was born on UNS Safeguard, a battleship turn flying hospital, a year after Landfall, to a japanese family. She lived on that ship for half of her life, living the early part happily. Of course, that didn't last. Nine years into life, she killed two of her classmates and ate parts of them. The event sent her straight into the padded room, while the doctors diagnosed her. After weeks of Psychoanalysis, she was diagnosed with DID and sent to the mental health ward of the ship, dubbed the Asylum. She lived there for the rest of her time on Safeguard, sedated most of the time.

This life ended when Safeguard finally crashed. Eira was lucky to be one of the survivors of the ship. Then the Beast took over and made them the sole survivor. Search parties would see her, surrounded by bodies of those that survive, eating them. Not even the search parties went unscathed, as the beast attacked and killed many of them. Soon after, she disappeared.

14 and wandering the wastes, covered in blood, everyone treated her with high suspicion. Lucky for her, a man named Jared picked her up and practically adopted her. Jared taught her the ways of Vagabonding, surviving the wastes, and instilling a sense of purpose and passion within Eira. She traveled with Jared for four years before he died in a firefight. While she worked with him, she came into contact with Renascimento, who Jared worked missions for. She dropped contact with the organization some time after Jared's death, but has contacted them periodically to sell artifacts and information

Eira worked with Hiram and other Vagabonds on several jobs, from taking down a bandit baddie, to rescuing the party leader. Eira eventually parted ways with the group, seeking to travel to other parts of the planet and search on her own. Before she parted, she was given the vehicle Lil'bit, a gift from Sev who turned into a dear friend of hers. She considers the group one of her fonder memories.

It wasn't long until tragedy struck her again. She doesn't know when or who, but she got pregnant. She became extremely stressed and depressed, with it becoming worse and worse as the pregnancy went on. She traveled the best she could, searching for a doctor willing to and with the no how to give her an abortion. Unfortunately for her, she couldn't find one, being in an area very tribal and conservative at the time. This made her consider taking her life on several occasions, with one attempt which failed.

Eventually she went into labour. Camped out in an ancient ruin of the previous civilization, she gave birth alone in one of the still standing buildings. With guts and tons of painkillers, she got through it, giving birth to Shimmer. After her birth, she went unconscious, having strange dreams of a strange nature. She remembers the birth and dream clearly to this day, sometimes recalling strange happenings during it.

Eira was very conflicted over whether to keep Shimmer or not, at this point not yet named. She thought of giving her to a village, but she had a huge sense of doubt when going to do it. Over time, this lessened, finally deciding to keep her despite the danger to her. Eventually she named her Shimmer, for the "glow" of her eyes, hair, and skin at night.

Eira spent the next years both traveling and raising Shimmer. She is going to the Great Khan Desert to search for the ruins, often left untouched because of their inhospitable location.

Name: Shimmer Takahashi
Sex: Female
Height: 3'4"
Weight: 45 lbs

General appearance: [url=this]http://2.p.mpcdn.net/27186/468290/1.jpg[/url] Shimmer has bright cerulean eyes, silver hair, and pale skin.

Skills:
    Children don't hold many skills, yet the wastes of Rigel-3 necessitates that they learn things fast.
    Can apply bandaids and ointment
    Can hold tools
    Only knows english
    Good picture drawer
    Great smiler
    Expert crotch puncher

Stuff they own:
    A small duster similar to her mothers but in much better condition
    A small backpack.
    Crayons and paper
    A book
    Some rations
    A small plastic water bottle
    a fleece blanket

Personality: Shimmer is like a lot of children her age. Outgoing and free, without a sense of danger. Despite Eira's best efforts, she constantly gets herself in situations that might harm her. She approaches most people with enthusiasm and curiosity, wanting to talk to them. While she is a free spirit, she does listen to her mother and takes her orders seriously.
Traits, quirks, habits: She giggles constantly, even if the situation is more serious. She tilts her head at everything, looking at them from different angles. She bites her nails a lot, an unconscious habit.
Likes: She is a similar to most kids. She loves sweets and sugar. She loves to draw and likes animals especially Gyrosprinters. She likes playing games and having fun. She likes mimicking her mother, doing similar things to her. She loves her "family". She likes to visit the ruins and look at artifacts of the old civilization. She loves the stories her mother tells her. She loves napping in the back of Lil'bit.
Dislikes:
    Seeing her mother cry.
    Being alone
    Being away from her mom
    Vegetables
    Coffee
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: Her mother is a Vagabond so she wants to be one too! (like she has much of a choice)

Bio: Shimmer was born more than four years ago in an ancient ruin. Early in her life, there was question on whether her mother would keep her. Eventually, Eira decided to keep her. She has never been far apart since.

Shimmer was unique child. Her skin was snow white and her eyes were cerulean. At night, they seemed to "glow". As she grew, it turned out her hair was silvery white, shimmering like her eyes. Hence, she was named "Shimmer". Not only her appearance, but she has a strange attraction to the ruins and artifacts of the past civilization. Besides that, she is a normal child of the wastes.

She has traveled with her mother everywhere, not being far apart. She visited ruins, cities, towns, meeting a lot of people, sometimes getting into trouble. Despite some antics, it was often because of her that she and Eira don't get kicked out.

Much better, thanks Carly. Accepted

Lunas Legion wrote:Oli app

Ambivalent, needs work.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Name: Slattern, though she prefers "Slat".
Sex: Yes please.
Age: In the 28-30 range, though she doesn't even really know.
Height: 5'3.
Weight: 93 pounds.

General appearance: Here. Her oddly-white, usually dirty hair is often braided quite tightly and neatly in a single column down her back that goes down to around the lumbar area of the back. Her skin is much darker than in the photos due to her continuous exposure to the harsh sun of Rigel-3.

Skills:
  • Experienced demolitions expert, having nearly a decade and a half of experience with explosives of all sorts, both making and using them.
  • Skilled close-quarters combatant, finding not only pleasure, but comfort in what she calls "The graceful art of CQC".
  • Experience, though not much skill, with firearms, preferring instead to stab/bludgeon/blow up anything in her way than shoot it.
  • Her experiences and life upon Rigel-3 have left her in a hardened state, performing well under pressure and in stressful situations, and she rarely ever panics.
  • Somewhat surprisingly, she is an experienced tailor, being able to stitch back together a bunch of old or ruined clothing.

Stuff they own:
  • A GP-102HP Pistol, and 36 rounds of ammo for same. (12 rounds X 3 magazines, .45 Caliber ammunition.)
  • Her trusty buzzaxe.
  • Ten individual explosive devices, a custom-made explosive that she refers to as "The Fat Men". A combination of the liquid explosive PLX, surrounded by the solid Tannerite, all wrapped up in a single, convenient bomb. [I'm pretty sure I've been put on a government's list after researching this stuff.]
  • Five miniature flame fougasses, each of which are approximately a gallon in size, and are able to create firestorms when used in groups.
  • The clothes on her back, a torso wrap as shown in the appearance pictures, as well as a pair of shorts, and stolen UNSEC combat boots. For sandstorms and other inclement weather, she has a full-body trench coat and sewn-in hood.
  • Her gas mask that often doubles as a face protector and goggles for protection against sand and sun.
  • A water canteen and a large backpack for all adventuring needs.
  • Shaving equipment.
  • An annotated version of Thomas Babington Macauley's poetry, which she reads religiously.
  • A metric fuck-ton (10^7 buttloads) of Cunihal, which she ingests prior to reading the aforementioned poetry.
  • Half a dozen 26 fl.oz bottles of homemade booze, ranging from 20% alcohol content to 70%.
  • A whole bunch of assorted cigarettes, mostly homemade.
  • A miniature sewing kit.

Personality: When one tries to describe Slattern's personality, the term "odd cookie" come to mind. Certainly, Rigel-3 contains more psychos and sociopaths per square kilometer than all of the planets in the known universe, but Slat's oddness extends beyond, and more accurately, above that. Often, she doesn't seem as if she's fully there, as if she is distracted by something that she was trying to comprehend, but couldn't quite. Her spacey nature only unnerves those around her, especially when she's working around or on explosives. Despite this, however, her odd and distant personality often comes in handy in combat situations where she seems to be unaware of the bullets and bodies whizzing around her, completely focused on finishing whatever task she is given. Albeit her social distance from the rest of those that she's surrounded by, she frequents the bottle, and when she does, her personality seems to turn inside-out. She becomes quite the socialite, everyone's friend.
Traits, quirks, habits: Aside from her substance dependencies, to cigarettes, alcohol and Cunihal, she constantly chews her nails down to the nubs in order to keep them neat and orderly. When she speaks, she has a slight drag on every "S" sound that words start with, giving her the feel of a snake-like individual occasionally. Oddly enough, she's ambidextrous, meaning that she shoots and swings and tosses with each of her hands equally proficiently.
Likes: Cleanliness, alcohol, drugs, fire, explosions, close-quarters combat.
Dislikes: The sun, hangovers, dirty people, children.
Reason for becoming a Vagabond: More or less necessity. She's too infamous for most bandit clans, too weird for normal Rigel-3 life, and needs to feed herself and her addictions every so often, along with making a bit of cash on the side as well.

Bio: Born and raised on Rigel-3, Slat, originally known as Zoe, was born into one of the many clans of the Dropouts. The Dropouts, one of the many nomadic peoples of Rigel-3, are divided into a number of different clans, including the Gouge-Tongues, one of the more fierce clans. However, Slat was raised as the daughter of one of the senior families of the clans, and was taught from an early age to appreciate and be knowledgeable about the goings-on of automobiles. However, even in her early years, she took a noted disinterest in mechanical engineering, preferring, rather, to destroy things rather than build them. This caused her parents, who had no other children, immense disappointment, as they needed a "skilled" child for their family to remain as one of the senior families of the Gouge-Tongues. Slat had no interest in this, however, and began idolizing the raiders of the Gouge-Tongues, the road warriors who fought using anything they could find and slaughtered bandit clans in order to procure enough food and supplies for the rest of the Gouge-Tongues to survive.

Much to her parent's disgust, she joined the Raiders as soon as she was old enough, despite most of them being male. It was here that she became known as "Slattern", an ironic nickname based on her general obsession with cleanliness and purity. She went on a number of raids during her early teen years, but waned from them as she found her passion for explosives, spending more time building them than using them, a practice that began to distance herself from her old raider partners. Feeling abandoned by her family through necessity and abandoned by her friends through choice, Slat became an increasingly violent loner, choosing to go one lone, nighttime ventures into bandit territory, a very "suicide-through-duty" type of deal, trying to get killed by the enemy through increasingly dangerous stunts.

Eventually, she was seriously injured during one of her ventures, and was confronted by her estranged father on the issue. When she refused to stop, he began to yell, and, in retaliation, Slat took a wrench to him, bludgeoning him to death in a fit of anger. Realizing what she had done, she fled the Gouge-Tongues, still fairly seriously injured, afraid of what the punishment for not only kinslaying, but the murder of one of the ruling clansmembers would warrant. She wandered Rigel-3 as a Nomad, looking out for nobody but herself, developing quite an alcohol habit, which then led to Cunihal. She worked as a freelance demolitions expert and explosive assembler, and developed many of her own, unique types of explosives that became locally infamous as being particularly deadly, and bearing unique signatures. Eventually, however, a number of different bandit clans targeted her, tired of their rivals employing her, and she fled, and briefly settled, in the Great Khan City, but found that settled life didn't suit her, and began to look towards becoming a Vagabond.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:18 pm

All this talk of danger, and vicious wildlife wouldn't be necessary if all your characters would just heed 'The Mandate'. Join Constanza in prayer.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:All this talk of danger, and vicious wildlife wouldn't be necessary if all your characters would just heed 'The Mandate'. Join Constanza in prayer.

Na, I'd rather do drugs and kill some stuff, I mean its nothing personal, but it seems like a lot more fun.
Ave Alea Necis

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Galdius wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:All this talk of danger, and vicious wildlife wouldn't be necessary if all your characters would just heed 'The Mandate'. Join Constanza in prayer.

Na, I'd rather do drugs and kill some stuff, I mean its nothing personal, but it seems like a lot more fun.

^

Drugs, sex, and alcohol

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Join the Cult of the Great Khan! The Kindred Spirit will protect and deliver us from the pain of this world into the Great Beyond through the metal Body of the Khan!
First as tragedy, then as farce

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 pm

The Carlisle wrote:

Russ would have a problem with her name.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Highfort wrote:Join the Cult of the Great Khan! The Kindred Spirit will protect and deliver us from the pain of this world into the Great Beyond through the metal Body of the Khan!

Does it have hookers and blackjack? If not I'm not interested.
Ave Alea Necis

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Galdius wrote:
Highfort wrote:Join the Cult of the Great Khan! The Kindred Spirit will protect and deliver us from the pain of this world into the Great Beyond through the metal Body of the Khan!

Does it have hookers and blackjack? If not I'm not interested.

I'll start my own religion, and it'll have...

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Cylarn wrote:

Russ would have a problem with her name.

He's not in a position to rename her.

Or does he? :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Galdius wrote:

A true follower of 'The Mandate' would respect your decision.

Wouldn't stop Constanza's constant preaching though. :p
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Galdius wrote:Does it have hookers and blackjack? If not I'm not interested.

I'll start my own religion, and it'll have...

Blackjack and hookers....

Infact, forget the blackjack, all we need is hookers.
Ave Alea Necis

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Galdius wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:I'll start my own religion, and it'll have...

Blackjack and hookers....

Infact, forget the blackjack, all we need is hookers.

And booze.

And Cunihal.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Damn. Eira is gonna double her efforts in making sure Shimmer doesn't pick up anything from y'all.

Y'all 'r crazy!
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse