NATION

PASSWORD

IBS IX Discussion Thread (OOC, Signups Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

IBS IX Discussion Thread (OOC, Signups Closed)

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:35 am

UPDATE: Signups for the tournament are now closed and this is now the discussion thread. All OOC posts should be made here, not in the Everything thread. Purely OOC posts in the Everything thread may result in RP Bonus penalty and/or reports to moderation, at Nova Anglicana's discretion. IC posts in this thread will not necessarily be reported, though they may result in penalty to RP Bonus at Nova Anglicana's discretion. Additionally, certain posts that blur the line between OOC and IC, such as "Death to Nation X" will be interpreted as OOC if posted in this thread and may lead to moderator action if they would violate the site's rules (which wishing OOC death certainly would.) So use the IC thread for IC stuff and this for OOC stuff.

The following information is included for record-keeping purposes.

Welcome to signups for International Baseball Slam IX: Nine for Nine. As the World Baseball Classic has ended, I am opening signups now to get as much done as possible before World Cup Qualifying starts.

Last tournament, Gregoryisgodistan defeated Noa Anglicana 3 games to 0 in the final and has really widened the ranking gap. Will they four-peat, or will someone finally break their dynasty.

To sign up, simply state your desire to be in and include a nickname and trigramme (three-letter abbreviation code.) As an example, my signup is as follows:

Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves (GGS)

If you do not include a trigramme, one will be selected for you based on your name. If you do not include a nickname, the host reserves the right to pick one for you and make it as insulting as they want.

Only one puppet is allowed per nation, at the discretion of the host. Puppets must be declared. Undeclared puppets that are discovered will be ineligible for signups and the master nation will be disqualified as well. Per NS Sports Puppet rules, I reserve the right to run a puppet check as organizer prior to the host being chosen, and then the host(s) may do the same following their election. However, I will only do this if I have reason to suspect puppet rules are being violated, and most prospective hosts would have the same policy.

IBS I: hosted by Shadowbourne/Super-Llamaland, championship: Costa Luna beats Shadowbourne 3-0.
IBS II: hosted by Sangti, championship: Gregoryisgodistan beats Sova Empire 3-1.
IBS III: hosted by Super-Llamaland/New Wolfopolis, championship: Gregoryisgodistan beats Nova Anglicana 3-1.
IBS IV: hosted by Gregoryisgodistan, championship: Gregoryisgodistan beats Arana 3-1.
IBS V: hosted by New Wolfopolis/Oakbrook and Calvarie, championship: Super-Llamaland beats Orennana, 3-1.
IBS VI: hosted by Noboru Taiyou, championship: Gregoryisgodistan defeats Abanhfleft in double-elimination final
IBS VII: hosted by Patistan, championship: Gregoryisgodistan beats Super-Llamaland 3-2
IBS VIII: hosted by Gregoryisgodistan, championship: Gregoryisgodistan beats Nova Anglicana 3-0
IBS IX: Could be you!

And that brings us to the other part of the IBS signup process: HOST BIDS.

Want to bid to host the International Baseball Slam? If so, you need to cover all of the topics listed here, the last successful bid for the IBS. This is a good tournament for those with no prior host experience to bid for, but we recommend you have at least some experience participating in tournaments on the forum in order to gain trust. Host bid deadline is set for June 11, 2015, at 12:00 PM EDT (UTC-4), though this may be extended by a few hours depending on my schedule.

So, just signup below! Welcome to the Slam!

Signups:

1. Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves (GGS)
2. San Llera San Llerans (SAN)
3. Lunar Republic Galaxy (LRI) [Lunar Republic Isands]
4. Kaboomlandia Kings (KBM)
5. United States of Devonta Thundersticks (USD)
6. Frenline Delpha Anacondas (FND)
7. Nova Anglicana Lions (NOV)
8. The Sword Bloke Thunder (TSB)
9. Abanhfleft Revolution (AFT)
10. Coconutstan Trojans (CCS)
11. Free Republics Sinners (FFR)
12. Aloquirbe Arachnids (ALQ)
13. Nassau Eagles (NAS) [Nassau-Hessen]
14. Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers (SZB)
15. Volcanoc Lava Battlers (VLC) (Puppet of The Sword Bloke)
16. Losthaven Rainbirds (LHV)
17. Coconut Isle Dwarfs (CIS)
18. Patistan Green Macaws (PAT)
19. Southern Democratic States Southern Bears (SDS)
20. Ridora Fruit Bat Mafia (RFM) [The Central Shadow Nation]

Host bids:

1. Nova Anglicana
2. The Sword Bloke
3. Frenline Delpha

Rankings
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:46 am, edited 25 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:55 am

San Llera San Llerans (SAN)
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Lunar Republic Isands
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunar Republic Isands » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:14 am

Lunar Republic Islands (LRI)
Soccer History
Championships:
Runner Ups: Lymantatian Cup I
3rd Place: Slembanan Cup I
Appearances: WC63, BOF50

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:23 am

The Kings will sign up for the IBS IX!
(KBM)
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:23 am

In!

Nickname: Thundersticks
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:46 am

Frenline Delpha Anacondas (FND) are back in the swing.
Puns
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 am

United States Of Devonta wrote:In!

Please state a nickname and trigramme. Otherwise you will use trigramme USD and your nickname is at the host's discretion.

Lunar Republic Isands wrote:Lunar Republic Islands (LRI)

And you need a nickname.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:46 am

Nova Anglicana Lions (NOV) sign up.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 pm

The Sword Bloke Thunder (TSB) are signing up. May send along a host bid, depending on dates.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Lunar Republic Isands
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunar Republic Isands » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Edit from the signup

Nickname: Galaxy
Soccer History
Championships:
Runner Ups: Lymantatian Cup I
3rd Place: Slembanan Cup I
Appearances: WC63, BOF50

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:35 am

Abanhfleft Revolution (AFT) returns.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Coconutstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconutstan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:16 am

Coconutstan Trojans (CCS, +5) make a return to IBC.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:32 am

The Legion of Lucifer enters the Free Republics Sinners (FFR)
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Nova Anglicana hostbid for IBS IX

Who are you?
Nova Anglicana has been an active member of NS Sports for nearly two years now, playing in every World Baseball Classic since WBC 27 and every Slam since edition III. Nova Anglicana is a consistent WBC and IBS playoff participant, currently ranked 8th in the WBC and 2nd in the IBS. Nova Anglicana has hosted the Londinium Rugby 7s tournament and the 31st WBC and has scorinated various domestic leagues for multiple seasons. Nova Anglicana is also the current President of the WBC and a baseball enthusiast.

What kinds of nations are you?
The Sovereign State of Nova Anglicana is a nation located in North America, with an administrative zone in Esportiva. It is democratic, hospitable, Christian, and pretty darn invested in its sports teams.

How will the Group Draw play out?
I'd like to try out doing an IC group draw on IRC. It would be conducted a few days in advance of the first matchday. The groups would then be edited into the OP.

What will the format look like?
The group stage will be run similarly to most previous International Baseball Slams, with a double round-robin group stage format. Here are some of the formats that might appear:

• 20 teams: 4 groups of 5, top two from each group advancing, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and 3PPO all best-of-three, finals best-of-five

• 24 teams: 4 groups of 6, top two from each group advancing, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and 3PPO all best-of-three, finals best-of-five

• 28 teams: 7 groups of 4, top two from each group advancing + 2 best third-placed teams, Ro16, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and 3PPO all best-of-three, finals best-of-five

• 32 teams: 8 groups of 4, top two advancing, Ro16, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and 3PPO all best-of-three, finals best-of-five

What scorination method will you use? How will RPs be scored?
I will be using the most recent version of xkoranate, v0.3.3, with the NSFS formula. This does display linescores, but in keeping with NS Sports unwritten rules, the linescore will not have to be followed. It's worth noting that my personal preference is to follow the linescore, but this will not affect anyone's RP bonus whether they follow it or not. In any case, you don't have to follow it if the linescore does something impossible, such as the home team winning a tied ballgame in the 9th by scoring five or more runs in that inning. Additionally, as always, if you contradict your opponent’s previously-posted RP, whether you scrupulously follow the linescore or not, you will lose RP bonus.

I will be offering a roster bonus to incentivize participation and help out opponents with their own RPs, but it will amount to 2 (two) points at maximum. RPs will be graded for quality over quantity, and graded on a scale of 0-5. RP bonus will be cumulative, and will be added directly to the coefficients. RP bonuses will be halved at the end of the group stage (after potential tiebreaker games). In the case of bye days, RPs will be graded and added to the next day's coefficient. Violation of RP permissions will result in a grade of 0 for that day, and RPs for potential tiebreaker games will be counted for those game(s) only.

If I should advance to the playoff rounds, I will be requesting experienced 3rd party scorination. Cutoff will likely be between 20-23:00 EST (UTC-4) each day.

How will ties be broken?
Tiebreakers are in order, as follows:
1. H2H Record
2. Tiebreaker Game(s) <- Should three or more-way ties occur, a single round-robin will be used (Should three teams end up with a record of 1-1 each in the tiebreak matches, then run differential will be used as the next tiebreaker. If two teams remain tied after run differential, then H2H record will be used. If three teams are tied after run differential, runs for will be used. This is to avoid putting extra wear and tear on teams instead of having them play additional tiebreak matches.)

I have a question, comment, or concern regarding your host bid!
Feel free to post it below.

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:26 pm

I have a question for Nova Anglicana: Will you be using my modified version of the NSFS formula or the unmodified version and why?
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:19 pm

THE SWORD BLOKE BID FOR IBS IX

OOC Info: Yo, I'm Sword, and I'm bidding to host the 9th International Baseball Slam. I haven't got any previous hosting experience, but I am experienced in Xkoranate, and I have scorinated 3 seasons of my domestic soccer league, one with results and all, and the first 2 with only the final positions shown. I have been participating actively on NS Sports since December 2014, and now it is time to bid.

IC Info: The Sword Bloke is an awesome nation located in the awesome region of Esportiva. We have 38,000,005 people living in our nation, and Shop Owner rules all of them. Who is he? An immortal dictator who commentates every Swordean event and likes killing people. Did I mention he owns the Busko Fried Chicken? I know, crazy. Cars are banned, books are banned, in fact, just think of something, and likely chance is that that item is also banned! Ah, such a beautiful nation.

Format: Currently, 11 teams have signed up. I have formats for 16, 20 & 24 teams.

16 Teams: 4 Groups of 4, top 2 from each group into quarter finals, 3 game quarters, semis & 3PPO, 5 game championship series.
20 Teams: 5 groups of 4, group winners + 3 best 2nd placed teams into quarter finals, 3 game final series for Quarters, Semis & 3PPO, 5 game championship series.
24 Teams: 6 groups of 4, group winners + 2 best 2nd placed teams into quarter finals, 3 game final series for Quarters, Semis & 3PPO, 5 game championship series.
I will be scorinating with the unmodified version of the NSFS baseball Scorinator, with the latest version of Xkoranate.

Tiebreakers: The tiebreakers used will be the same as Gregoryisgodistan's in the recent IBS. They are:

1. Wins
2. Run Differential
3. Runs Scored
4. H2H Record
5. H2H Run Differential
6. H2H Runs scored
7. Coin Flip

Other Stuff: I will grab a third-party Scorinator if I make the knockout stages, to scorinate games involving me. The RP Bonus will be generous, and I should mention that you will get a little more of a bonus if you include a little extra something in your RP. Maybe it's coloured text, or positive references to Shop Owner, or even large fonts! Who knows what it will be... But an RP of "george smith got a home run tday and we won" or something along those lines won't help your bonus. Cutoff time would be 6:00am Melbourne Time. As well as that, you will have a week to post your rosters and first RPs, with the first day of scorination on the 25th if I win the bid. During that week, I will do the group draw and other necessary items.

So yea, that's my bid. If you have any questions for me, my Telegram box is open and hungry, and you can also post in the thread if that suits you. Thanks!
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Aloquirbe
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aloquirbe » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Aloquirbe Arachnids signs up.
Follow Britonish Television on twitter for the latest updates: Right Here!

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Free Republics wrote:I have a question for Nova Anglicana: Will you be using my modified version of the NSFS formula or the unmodified version and why?

In response, now that I have downloaded and tested the modified version, I will be using the modified version, as I believe it deserves a chance to see how it performs in a tournament setting.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Nassau-Hessen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nassau-Hessen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:18 pm

I think I'll toss my cap into the ring again...

Nassau Eagles (NAS)

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 am

I'm in!
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:30 am

Schiltzberg wrote:I'm in!

I'll just save Greg the trouble. Please include a nickname and trigrame within your signup.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:31 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Schiltzberg wrote:I'm in!

I'll just save Greg the trouble. Please include a nickname and trigrame within your signup.

Temporarily assigning you SCZ since SCH is Schiavone, who is a prominent member who might come back.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:37 am

Okay, I'll call my team the Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers if that is cool. And yeah, I would have liked to have gone by SCH, but if that is taken, I'll go by SZB.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:40 pm

IBS IX Host Bid: Frenline Delpha

IC Information

The Democratic Republic of Frenline Delpha is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Samuel Snaker with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. It is known to be incredibly immigrant-friendly. Baseball is the biggest sport in Frenline Delpha, with an average view of 57 million views/ 8 games. Frenline Delpha is composed of 1.477 billion Frenlins, most of which enjoy great civil liberties. The economy is worth a frighteningly efficient 140 trillion Theories a year. Unfortunately, the tax rate tends to be a little high, at 79%. Although, this makes for really high quality of life at a really cheap price. Visitors will enjoy many freedoms, and cheap prices on all goods and souvenirs. Frenline Delpha has also started to use video reviews for close plays. All foul balls, outs, and home runs are reviewable by the review board in Bloodbenderopolis.

OOC Information

Experience

Baptism of Fire 58
World Cup LXXII (72)
World Baseball Classic 33
International Baseball Slam VIII (8)

Scorinating

Frenline Delpha Water Polo Domestic League
Soccer Friendly Scorinations

Tiebreakers

In case of ties in the group play of the tournament, a specific set of tiebreakers are set in place in order to prevent any confusion. They are:

1) Points
2) Runs For
3) Runs Against
4) Run Difference
5) Wins
6) Head-to-Head Runs For
7) Tiebreaker Game

Format

I am expecting 28 teams, but I also have plans for 24, 16, and 32 teams. I WILL remove puppets shall it be needed to fit the tournament style. All group games will be double round robin.

28 Teams: 7 Groups of 4; Top from each group + Best Second Place Team; Group A-D Winners will play on one side of the double elimination tournament; Winners E-G plus Best Second will move onto the second double elimination; The winners of the two Double Eliminations will play in a Best-of-5 series to determine the winner.
24 Teams: 6 Groups of 4; Top 2 from each group; 4 of 6 third place; 8 Best-of-3 "Super Regionals"; Winners to two double elimination tournaments; Two winners play in Best-of-5 championship; winner is champion
32 Teams: 8 Groups 4; Top 2 advance; Winner of A will face Second of H, etc...; Best-of-3; Winner of series will advance to a giant Double Elimination tournament; Winner of tourney is champion
16 Teams: 4 groups of 4; Winner A and Second D, etc... to one double elimination; Winner B and second C, etc... to second double elimination; two winners play in Best-of-5 for championship

20 Teams: Since 20 teams seems to be what will be happening this tournament, I will go into greater details about this format. The second team listed will be "home" team on the scoreboard.
5 Groups of 4

Double Elimination 1

Game 1: Winner E vs. Winner A
Game 2: 7th Overall vs. Winner D
Game 3: Winner 2 vs. Winner 1
^Game 4: Loser 2 vs. Loser 1
^Game 5: Loser 3 vs. Winner 4
Game 6: Winner 5 vs. Winner 3
*Game 7: Loser 6 vs. Winner 6

Double Elimination 2

Game 1: 8th Overall vs. Winner B
Game 2: 6th Overall vs. Winner C
Game 3: Winner 2 vs. Winner 1
^Game 4: Loser 2 vs. Loser 1
^Game 5: Loser 3 vs. Winner 4
Game 6: Winner 5 vs. Winner 3
*Game 7: Loser 6 vs. Winner 6

Both winners will advance to a best-of-5 series for the championship.
^Elimination Game
*If necessary

RP Bonus

I will be scorinating using the un-modified, latest version of Xkoranate. I will be using the baseball formula, using the NSFS3 version. As a note, you will not be required to follow the linescore. No penalty will be assessed if you don't follow the linescore. As for RP grading, I will be using a high RP grade, as Gregoryisgodistan has a frightening command of the ranks. Keeping this in mind, I will be grading RPs on a scale of 0-10. This will be cumulative. Rosters will be graded on the 1-10 scale. As should be expected, violating another nation's RP permissions will result in a penalty in the RP grades up to that point. The penalty will most likely be -10 to -20. Your skill can't fall below zero, but it is very likely that after a couple violations, you will find it hard to get it above 0.

Group Draw

The group draw will be done on Randomlists.com. The groups will then be edited into the OP. I will probably set up a Chatzy to announce the Group Draws.

Notes:

The cutoff will probably be held sometime between 12 P.M. and 4 P.M. EST. I will open the everything thread when the required number of sign-ups is reached. Any question can be asked here, or TG'd to me. Thank you.
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:59 pm

You can't do negative rank without changing the min, which I wouldn't advise. I suppose you could do what I've said I'd do and input a negative rank as 0 but add future RP Bonus to the negative, but it isn't immediately clear from your bid that you'll do that.

Also, since signups are uncharacteristically low so far, I'm going to ask all bidders one more question - what will you do if you get less than the expected number of signups?
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,