NATION

PASSWORD

World Bowl XXVI - Signups [SEMI-OPEN]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minecraft Miners
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Minecraft Miners » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:09 am

Minecraft Miners Axemen are signing up for the tournament. We will replace Frenline Delpha for ths event. I would also like to join the BoI.
OOC: I am also Frenline Delpha, but I will be using this nation instead of my main. This is not a puppet.
Last edited by Minecraft Miners on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Frenline Delpha
Your "friendly" Minecraft-themed dictatorship

Southwest Eastnorth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Southwest Eastnorth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 pm

We are in and will Sign up for the BOI

The Karabakh Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Karabakh Republic » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Ill join please - Karabakh kookaburras

New North Aqmuland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New North Aqmuland » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:32 pm

In.
Call me NNA or David, whichever you prefer. I'm an 18 year old freshman at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, planning to major in international relations and minor in Spanish and math. I love music, math, sports, video games, and trivia.
The Democratic States of New North Aqmuland
Numquam mentiri, numquam amittere.
Capital: Anchoring
Population: 1,671,948,317
National Animal: Eagle
Colors: Blue and Gold
Factbook
Soccer: 3.66pts (143rd)
Football: 13.98 pts (14th)

Coreyo Sports
Secretary

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Coreyo Sports » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:17 pm

In.
Check out: Coreyo (Main nation)
Coreyo Entertainment (Bureau of Entertainment of Coreyo)

Southern Democratic States
Envoy

Founded: Dec 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Democratic States » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:17 pm

In
also pre-confirming puppet Prusy Krolewskie
Golden Goal Sports Bar & Grill

Sports Achievements
International Baseball slam IX Champions
Baptism of Iron XVII Champions (last reigning BoI champs ever!)
Pioneer Bowl Champions as Chattahoochee State University (season 11)

Prusy Krolewskie
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusy Krolewskie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Southern Democratic States wrote:In
also pre-confirming puppet Prusy Krolewskie

Yep. Signing up for BoI too.

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:05 am

The defending (five-time) champions return! Allamunnic States in!

(Sorry, couldn't resist a little braggery... :p )
Last edited by Allamunnic States on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

Should've said this earlier, I'm joining the BoI.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

World Bowl
Envoy

Founded: Jul 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby World Bowl » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 am

Signups updated through Allamunnic States.

A reminder that host bids are due by Sunday.
The poster of this message is likely the current President of the World Bowl Assembly (Drawkland).

World Bowl Links: Discussion Thread | Constitution | Rankings

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:03 am

We're in.

((note: Same as 'the greater vakolicci haven.'))
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 am

In.

Mieraskya
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mieraskya » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:05 am

In

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat May 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Electrum in (BoI if it's being held). Host bid imminent.
Last edited by Electrum on Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Sat May 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Alright, seeing as there are no bids for either tournament, I guess it's time to sign Electrum up and put up a host bid, so here goes:

Electrum's Host Bid for the Baptism of Iron XVII and World Bowl XXVI

IC Information

Electrum, needing some way to revive tourist numbers after their failed bid for WorldVision meant that they needed some way to prop up the numbers once again. Minister for Sports, Nina Spring, has decided to do a Corby-strategy, and bid for another sporting tournament. As a result, the World Bowl was selected by the Electrum government for being the best chance to introduce a new sport to Electrumites, who are quite unfamiliar with this version of football. Fifth to Soccer, Australian-rules, Rugby Union, and Rugby League, Gridiron is mainly played at a grassroots level, with not so much competition at the elite level. The Electrum Gridiron Association is now wanting to change that, and hopefully revive some of its popularity.

Format and Technical Details

Baptism of Iron
If it will be played, we'll be looking at any even number amount of teams, and we would have a five-day Casaran style tournament, with the top eight advancing to the quarterfinals (playoffs are to be played to separate teams with equal winning records), and finals. This would be projected to last a maximum of 9 days.

World Bowl
We would have a round robin stage, and a finals stage (as tradition). Here are the following possibilities for qualification to finals:
  • 36 teams - 6 groups of 6, single round robin, top two advance, bottom four third placers to playoff
  • 40 teams - 8 groups of 5, double round robin, top two advance
  • 42 teams - 6 groups of 7, single round robin, top two advance, bottom four places to third off
  • 48 teams - 8 groups of 6, double round robin, top two advance
  • 50 teams - 10 groups of 5, double round robin, top two advance, to be joined by four third placers (through 4 playoffs), Round of 24
  • 56 teams - 8 groups of 7, single round robin, top two advance
  • 60 teams - 12 groups of 5, double round robin, top two advance to Round of 24

Teams would be organised into pots prior to the group draw and will be seeded going into the finals using the tiebreakers below - with group winners to go up against runners up.

Technical
Xkoranate will be used, with a cumulative RP Bonus, which will be somewhat generous, with SQIS, IFAF overtime, and of course, style modifiers using the modified Saintland formula. Quality will be preferred over quantity, to a reasonable extent (i.e. you can not write a very good sentence as your RP). Rosters shall be equivalent to half a day's worth of points, as they are easily copied from one edition to the next.

Tiebreakers are Percentage wins, HTH, HTH GD, Overall GD, and RP Bonus (IC: Coin toss)

OOC Experience and Other Details
Electrum has notably hosted the International Basketball Championships twice and the World Hoops Showcase with Mizuyuki, and has also hosted three editions of the Hamilton International, the Electrum Slam (tennis tournaments), as well as a Rugby (Union) World Cup. Electrum has good organisational skills, having helped fix up the draw in the last WBC, as well as manage some complex draws in the tennis tournaments. You can expect cutoffs at 7pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, and I am able to usually know when I will be unavailable from the computer - so advance notice will be given for any delays.

The Baptism of Iron may happen after all (11/16 nations), and so what I would propose is that in the week of host voting, that the sign-ups stay open. If 16 nations (or another ever number greater than 16) is reached, then the tournament will be run three days at the conclusion of the host bid, with draws to be given out two days after the conclusion of voting. The tournament will be played (with signups for the WB still open, but BoI sign-ups closed) which should see us run into the third week of May. By mid-week, the draws for the WB proper will be up, and there will be a two day gap between the final of the BoI and the start of the WB.
Last edited by Electrum on Tue May 12, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun May 03, 2015 4:34 am

Are you allowed to bid for and participate in the BoI? I remember in my BoI (the won I won, not the ones I hosted) Texacano wanted to bid and was told he could either host or enter but not both. In the end, Quebec won the host vote so it didn't matter. I see no reason why Electrum can't do both, seeing as he's a veteran member of the forum, but if that's the precedent, then we should either change it or follow it.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Sun May 03, 2015 5:36 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Are you allowed to bid for and participate in the BoI? I remember in my BoI (the won I won, not the ones I hosted) Texacano wanted to bid and was told he could either host or enter but not both. In the end, Quebec won the host vote so it didn't matter. I see no reason why Electrum can't do both, seeing as he's a veteran member of the forum, but if that's the precedent, then we should either change it or follow it.

Yeah so I looked back and it looks like Qazox objected because of the conflict-of-interest (of scorinating/hosting/participating) -- but I can ensure that someone else can scorinate my matches if it gets to that point. Also, I don't see anything in the amendments/the constitution which will bar me from bidding, so I think we're clear here :p But I really doubt we can reach 16 newcomers given the relatively low sign-ups in this edition alone.
Last edited by Electrum on Sun May 03, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun May 03, 2015 9:35 am

Electrum wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Are you allowed to bid for and participate in the BoI? I remember in my BoI (the won I won, not the ones I hosted) Texacano wanted to bid and was told he could either host or enter but not both. In the end, Quebec won the host vote so it didn't matter. I see no reason why Electrum can't do both, seeing as he's a veteran member of the forum, but if that's the precedent, then we should either change it or follow it.

Yeah so I looked back and it looks like Qazox objected because of the conflict-of-interest (of scorinating/hosting/participating) -- but I can ensure that someone else can scorinate my matches if it gets to that point. Also, I don't see anything in the amendments/the constitution which will bar me from bidding, so I think we're clear here :p But I really doubt we can reach 16 newcomers given the relatively low sign-ups in this edition alone.

My thoughts too - and there's certainly no more conflict of interest in the BoI than there would be in the World Bowl. In fact, there's probably less considering it's worth 10 percent of the ranking points that the World Bowl is and so there's less incentive to cheat - not that you would anyway.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun May 03, 2015 9:41 am

A question for Electrum: Will you be using the unmodified version of SQIS or the World Bowl XXII (& XXIV) version?
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

KingGrant
Secretary

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby KingGrant » Sun May 03, 2015 9:47 am

Im In
Im Bisexual
Im single
Likes Guys more
Plays Video Games
Wants to be in a relationship
Likes The OG OP of Calostillia

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Sun May 03, 2015 10:53 am

San Llera intends to compete

Also BOI if possible
Last edited by San Llera on Sun May 03, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

Sensimillastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sensimillastan » Sun May 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Sensimillastan will compete in the BoI
5-Normal Peacetime Readiness
4-Heightened Alert
3-Increased Readiness
2-Declaration Iminnent, High Readiness
1-Maximimum Wartime Readiness
Current Defcon Level-3

Proud Monarchist and Defender of the People

"For We Shall always be the Light in the Darkness, opening our arms wide to support the oppressed."-HRH King John I

Atanatos
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atanatos » Sun May 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Atanatos is in and will be in BoI

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Sun May 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Introduction

After little thought and even less consideration, Royal Kingdom of Québec and San José Guayabal present their bid to host the 26th World Bowl.

OOC Information

Royal Kingdom of Quebec has been an active part of NS Sports for about a year and half now, participating in every WCoH since its 19th edition. The user behind the Royal Kingdom of Quebec has hosted Baptism of Iron XIV and XV, both editions of NSCAA Ice Hockey(which he organised and co-hosted with Michael VII, Cassadaigua and Vaugania), as well as hosting World Bowl XXIV (with Vettrera, World Cup of Hockey XV (with Vaugania) and XVI (by himself) and Baptism of Iron LVII (with The Sarian). He’s currently the President of World Cup of Hockey Federation, as well as an extremely active member of World Bowl circuit.

San José Guayabal may not have as impressive a resume at the very beginning, but you can notice his progress at hosting major tournaments during the last year. This user who burst onto the scene for World Cup 66, almost two years ago, and has had a growing presence in the community ever since, having good RPing skills and enthusiasm. There has been a good amount of events hosted by SJG and his puppets since then - September Tennis Championships, Copa de La Paz, World Junior Hockey Championship V (all with SJG), seven seasons of domestic leagues in San José Guayabal (Currently working on the eighth season) and three with his puppet Alianza Albos, as well as scorinating many friendlies in football and the AO Hockey Championship final, being the most relevant ones the Baptism of Fire 56th (Co-hosted with Schiavonia) and also featuring experience in regional tournaments in one of the main sporting regions like the Copa Rushmori 18 with his puppet Alianza Albos and AOCAF 45 with Ratastan. Then achieving his biggest goal of co-hosting the World Cup in its 70th edition along with Equestrian States (Finals), Felix and Mizuyuki (Qualifying) and the Cup of Harmony 63 along with Ceni.

IC Information

The Empire of the Royal Kingdom of Quebec is a fairly large nation located in the Northwestern corner of Atlantian Oceania. It is a multicultural nation consisting of four predominant(English, French, Korean and First Nations) and many complementary ethnicities and cultures. Being located far north of AO and with distinctive four seasons, gridironis a very popular sport, being played in almost every part of the country.Gridiron Football(Canadian) is extremely popular in most of this nation of 48 million, with huge fan support expected from all over in our large, unique stadiums. While the football league from Quebec Intercollegiate Sports and Quebec Football League uses Canadian Rules, the fields can be easily adjusted to meet the American standards and Quebecois crowds will embrace their American brother very well. More IC information is available via TG upon signee's discretion.

Located in the southernmost continent of Esportiva, The Kingdom San José Guayabal is a nation known for its environmental policies and claims one of its region's happiest populations. Governed by Queen Margaret I, the country is a constitutional monarchy as its royal family plays a prominent role in Guayabalense society and is politically active. Boasting a high HDI rating, San José Guayabal is an advanced nation which not long ago emerged from a period of civil war which ultimately led to the fall of a brutal communist regime but has quickly recovered thanks in part to the efficient work ethic of its people and now enjoys the combination of market economy and a Nordic welfare model with universal health care and a comprehensive social security system including a huge oil industry. With a beautiful environment, friendly population, and adequated infrastructure, San José Guayabal has a booming tourist industry that welcomes foreign travelers with open arms. A populace who embraces as own sports such like football soccer, boxing and of course, American Football, which is popular in this nation of 52 million people, practised on universities all across the nation in regional college competitions, being a significant part of the university culture of the nation.

Scorination

Scorination will be done in the latest version of xkoranate on the Gridiron Football(American) function, using the modifiers that Saintland has created. Style Modifiers will be from -5 to +5. RPs will be scored from 0 to 3 and the criteria for judging them is based mainly on how creative and h well written they are. RP bonus will serve as a significant factor in the scorination. They will be cumulative, all the way through. Rosters will also be graded and shall be equivalent to a matchday, with same criteria being used as the RPs. There will also be bonus RP opportunities (that you can ignore if you want) next to some of the scorinated matches for both halves, which many of you have already experienced through most competitions that Quebec has hosted.

Cutoff and Timeframe

If we'll ever be chosen as the host, the everything thread will be up as soon as possible, based on the availability of hosts. Based on the timeframe that we have set for the time being, the most likely date for MD1 scorination will be sometime in the third week of May. Groups will be drawn 2 days prior to the MD1 scorination. Exact cutoff time range for scorination will be released at the much later date, though it is very likely that for Quebecois half, it'll be around 16:00 (Toronto-NYC Time), and Guayabalense half at 21:45 (Toronto-NYC Time).

If there's a need for any scorination changes by the host, the host concerned will announce it at least 24 hours before the intended scorination time.

Format

Right now, with the record number of signups, it'd make lot more sense to expand the format. So, if elected, we'll cutoff the signup at either 56, 60 and 64. These teams then, using pots, will be divided into 8 groups of 7 or 8 each or 10 groups of 6 if needed. It would be a single round robin format, all playing in either Quebec or San José Guayabal. Top 2 teams per group will advance into the playoffs after qualifying stage, where then they'll be seeded using the tiebreakers seen below (which will also be used for breaking ties inside of groups). Group Champions will be awarded spots 1-8 with runner-ups 9-16. There will be no reseeding during the playoffs.

In the even that the number 56 cannot be reached, alternate formats will of course be proposed.

Tiebreakers

The tiebreakers work according to this order:
-Overall Goal Differential
-H2H Goal Differential
-Overall Goals For
-H2H Goals For

Questions

Be sure to ask any questions you have regarding this bid and your potential hosts.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 am

Free Republics wrote:A question for Electrum: Will you be using the unmodified version of SQIS or the World Bowl XXII (& XXIV) version?

Ah yes, a detail I forgot to mention. Yes, the Saintland-modified version of scoring will be used, it's already loaded on xkoranate. Thanks for that question.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports