NATION

PASSWORD

Is NationStates too promiscuous?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Is NationStates too promiscuous?

Postby Wolfmanne » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Le Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=promi ... tes+is+too

So I was having a little bit of fun with the old Google, as any young codger with nothing better to do at 20:30. I type in a number of statements like 'Google is' and see what autocomplete comes up with. According to the Almighty Lady Google, Peace Be Upon Her, Google is not only my friend, but is also Skynet and God! Bing meanwhile is not Google and is so bad, 4chan is kill and dead, Uncyclopedia is unfunny and offensive, Encyclopedia Dramatica is unfunny and people wonder whether it is down, Youtube is on fire, Reddit is fun, 9gag is cancer, 8chan is not all about you and down too, Tumblr is not only bad and full of idiots but also thinks that mayonnaise is a gender and my penultimate search revealed that Something Awful is dead (you will not be missed). Eventually, I came to NationStates and thought, fuck it, may as well. The result was interesting.

NationStates is too promiscuous. Oh god, Lady Google thinks we're too promiscuous and thinking to it, I think it may be true. Could had sworn I saw Violet and Max Barry having a cheeky snog down the back end of the servers, a few of the mods have started a swingers club and the raiders are starting to film adult movies which have been responsible for NationStates' rise in our HIV rate. So NationStates, should something be done about the promiscuity? As the leading site in left-wing bias, I say no. We should encourage further if anything and we should spread our promiscuity to every end of the intertubes. Let's face it, promiscuity is so much better than being unfunny or cancer or thinking that mayonnaise is a gender, wouldn't you agree?
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:08 pm

It's less promiscuous than a Homo reptilia wearing a veil while saying Allons-y.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Wolfmanne, I think you've outdone yourself. This is better than "The Earth is Flat".
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Bas Tonal
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bas Tonal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Geilinor wrote:Wolfmanne, I think you've outdone yourself. This is better than "The Earth is Flat".

Or, the earth is fiat....

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:14 pm

And the third one was "Nationstates is biased."
Does that mean it's time for another "Why is NS so left wing?" thread?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Diopolis wrote:And the third one was "Nationstates is biased."

It is the duty of the Generalite hive mind to inform the wider world that NationStates does indeed have a left-wing bias. So yes, we require another thread.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

United Russian Soviet States
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian Soviet States » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:20 pm

I assume a lot of the people here support promiscuity.
This nation does not represent my views.
I stand with Rand.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
:Member of the United National Group:

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Because if we were a little righter, we would be a mild copy of Stormfront.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Kalifati Arab shqiptar wrote:

Because if we were a little righter, we would be a mild copy of Stormfront.

Whyever for?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Discords Equstria
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Discords Equstria » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Oh this thread is going to be a barrel of laughs.

No, but that's just my opinion.
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:
Discords Equstria wrote:I'll post....Eventually

*procrastination level: Increased*
*Level up: 80*
Aeternabilis wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:you're sol when it comes to warnick, the others, they may post soon.

Yeah, thanks to the Procrastination Nation over there. *passive-aggressive sigh*

R.I.P Sir Christopher Lee

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:32 pm

What are we being compared to? A nun or a Thai hooker?

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Kalifati Arab shqiptar wrote:Because if we were a little righter, we would be a mild copy of Stormfront.

Whyever for?

1.The site stops people from expressing Nazi values outside of RPing, the discussion threads are almost always promoting leftist ideas (which I am totally cool with it), how to be more liberal and stuff(which is even more cooler).

2.Right wing ideals don't get along with anti-racial discrimination too, so that's goes against the site rules too. Since racism is bad and stupid.

3.Plus you can see only Communistic Megathreads, like Communism was better than Nazism. *Just because they won a war, it doesn't mean they were good. Shit, I lost 20 people from my family during the 45 years rule of Communist state in Albania*

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Napkiraly wrote:What are we being compared to? A nun or a Thai hooker?

A Thai hooker who dresses like a nun.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:35 pm

United Russian Soviet States wrote:I assume a lot of the people here support promiscuity.

Well there is nothing wrong with shagging so long as it's all safe and consensual.

King Stannis Baratheon
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby King Stannis Baratheon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Diopolis wrote:Whyever for?

1.The site stops people from expressing Nazi values outside of RPing, the discussion threads are almost always promoting leftist ideas (which I am totally cool with it), how to be more liberal and stuff(which is even more cooler).

2.Right wing ideals don't get along with anti-racial discrimination too, so that's goes against the site rules too. Since racism is bad and stupid.

3.Plus you can see only Communistic Megathreads, like Communism was better than Nazism. *Just because they won a war, it doesn't mean they were good. Shit, I lost 20 people from my family during the 45 years rule of Communist state in Albania*

Agreed. I believe that a thread dedicated to the Lord of Light would be out of the question due to the current bias of NationStates.
Died in battle, this is my afterlife.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:NationStates is too promiscuous. Oh god, Lady Google thinks we're too promiscuous and thinking to it, I think it may be true. Could had sworn I saw Violet and Max Barry having a cheeky snog down the back end of the servers, a few of the mods have started a swingers club and the raiders are starting to film adult movies which have been responsible for NationStates' rise in our HIV rate.

I am pretty sure the HIV-themed nations have ceased to exist since the media panic over Ebola and the fad for disease nations died down. That means our HIV rate is going down.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 pm

1. Yes, but not leftist /= racist.
2. They get along fairly well actually.
3. What does that have to do with anything?
And I thought you would have something other than "Right wingers disagree with me, so they must be racist".

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 pm

Napkiraly wrote:What are we being compared to? A nun or a Thai hooker?

A Thai hooker who dresses like a nun.

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 pm

IGNORE
Last edited by Gradea on Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:39 pm

All of those are examples of being nothing like Stormfront.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:39 pm

King Stannis Baratheon wrote:
Kalifati Arab shqiptar wrote:1.The site stops people from expressing Nazi values outside of RPing, the discussion threads are almost always promoting leftist ideas (which I am totally cool with it), how to be more liberal and stuff(which is even more cooler).

Agreed. I believe that a thread dedicated to the Lord of Light would be out of the question due to the current bias of NationStates.

You probably could do one, if it was in arts and fiction.

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Kalifati Arab shqiptar wrote:1.The site stops people from expressing Nazi values outside of RPing, the discussion threads are almost always promoting leftist ideas (which I am totally cool with it), how to be more liberal and stuff(which is even more cooler).

All of those are examples of being nothing like Stormfront.

That's what I said you person, if these rules weren't there, NS would be a mild racist/nationalistic site.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Geilinor wrote:All of those are examples of being nothing like Stormfront.

That's what I said you person, if these rules weren't there, NS would be a mild racist/nationalistic site.

I highly doubt that, we have many, many tolerant, non-racist posters.

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Geilinor wrote:

I highly doubt that, we have many, many tolerant, non-racist posters.

True, but some of them don't show their racist part, so they won't get warned or banned.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 pm

Promiscuous forum
Wherever you are
I’m all alone
And it's you that I want

Promiscuous poster
You already know
That I’m all yours
What you waiting for?

Promiscuous forum
You're teasing me
You know what I want
And I got what you need

Promiscuous poster
Let's get to the point
Cause we're on a roll
Are you ready?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General