NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice Rebooted (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Name for floating Island

Genesis
30%
Columbia
9%
Genosha
12%
Haven
16%
Sanctuary
14%
Paradise
5%
Avalon
14%

Total votes : 43

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:56 pm

I accidentally posted the last video I had open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puWC7R5Ul8I

This is what I meant to post.
Making Dragon Ball Z Overpowered Since the Founding of Infinite Justice

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:I accidentally posted the last video I had open.

...Yeah, no thanks.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:I accidentally posted the last video I had open.

...Yeah, no thanks.

Yeah, awesome metal isn't everyone's cup of vodka, I know.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:...Yeah, no thanks.

You're just as annoying as someone who constantly says Rap is the best form of music. Literally. Everyone has their tastes, don't force us to like what you like.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Neros wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:Yeah, awesome metal isn't everyone's cup of vodka, I know.

You're just as annoying as someone who constantly says Rap is the best form of music. Literally. Everyone has their tastes, don't force us to like what you like.

I'm not. I'm saying that not everyone likes it.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:...Yeah, no thanks.

I don't like vodka.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:Yeah, awesome metal isn't everyone's cup of vodka, I know.

I don't like vodka.

WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE VODKA?!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I don't like vodka.

WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE VODKA?!

By my taste buds not sending signals to my brain that my brain interprets as it tasting "good."

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:08 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE VODKA?!

By my taste buds not sending signals to my brain that my brain interprets as it tasting "good."

IMPOSSIBLE! VODKA IS LIKE WATER THAT HAS BEEN BLESSED BY LEMMY HIMSELF!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:08 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:By my taste buds not sending signals to my brain that my brain interprets as it tasting "good."

IMPOSSIBLE! VODKA IS LIKE WATER THAT HAS BEEN BLESSED BY LEMMY HIMSELF!

Well I'm an atheist, so that's probably the problem. *nods*

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:IMPOSSIBLE! VODKA IS LIKE WATER THAT HAS BEEN BLESSED BY LEMMY HIMSELF!

Well I'm an atheist, so that's probably the problem. *nods*

I'm an atheist as well. That doesn't stop me.

Baxten
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baxten » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm

I just realized this Universes Polarice would have to be different. I guess that's what Rob was saying. OK, here is his new backstory:

He still has the same origin story of his powers, but it changes from there

Jacob Avery was a normal Canadian man who lived in Vancouver. He moved to Alaska due to a job opportunity in ice mining. He started mining on Kenai Peninsula when he came upon a strange, glowing rock. He went to go mine it, when it froze him. No one noticed what had happened After the ice melted, he felt weak and feeble. He went home, and discovered his powers when he fell off of a cliff at work the next day and, if by instinct, floated himself down to the bottom by shooting ice at the ground. Unfortunately for him, he really didn't know what to do with his powers. He went off into the crime-ridden streets of Gotham City, killing many criminals by accident. Eventually, he got around 20 years of training by his mentor, the Ice God Khione. Unfortunately, she was killed by cosmic entities. Polarice was deeply angered by this, but he really couldn't do anything. He also had to take the role of the God of Ice. And he then became Deus Glacies. He decided to join the side of good. He is definitely untrusting of almost everyone and has a few psychological problems. But besides those little pesky problems, there is nothing that can stop his lust for justice. But mostly revenge.
Last edited by Baxten on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The symbolism of theUnited States of Columbia's flag can be found by clicking here

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right:
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.36

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Achidyemay » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party, I was watching Young Justice doing research and looking for inspiration.

Name/Alias: Steven Brown / (still coming up with one, tbh)

Appearance:

Eyes: blue, Hair: black, Height: 6' 0", Weight: 150lb

Species: Meta-Human

Backstory: Steven Brown was born to a large, close, and religious Alaskan family. His Father is a Pilot, his Mother is a teacher, his Uncle is a Priest for the Catholic Church, his Grandfather is the closest thing this town has for a mayor. To be honest, despite frequent visits from outsiders and people constantly coming and going, the family is heavily reliant on each other as just about everyone works to make this community survive. Everyone helps each other out, it's just sort of expected of individuals. Steven had a, to put it nicely, adventurous childhood. From a young age he was an active member of society, "you're almost five, time you started pulling your weight around here." as the saying goes. He mostly did small stuff, just helping out with his Father on most occasions. And his Mother or Uncle when he wasn't with his Father. As a result, he got a majority of his licenses at a really young age, he could officially drive a four-wheeler, snowmobile, and plane before he was eleven. He couldn't drive car, however, not that he would really want to, given that there was only one paved road in the entire town. He discovered his powers when he turned thirteen and fell off a tree. Instead of ending up with a broken leg, his armor manifested itself around him and broke his fall, then the armor flickered away and he fell another six feet and he sprained his ankle. Despite desperately wanting to tell everyone, he didn't, caught up in the idea of superpowers, and superheroes and their secret identities. Fast forward another six years of him honing his powers and just generally living a teenage life, he decided it was time for him to do something. He had grown tired of the small town and wanted to see the world and other things. So he carefully evaluated his options, he could become a pilot, or a traveling priest, or a superhero. All would take him on a new and exciting adventure. But naturally, he picked pilot, and lived a happy and healthy life, dying at 89 Superhero. He said his goodbyes and moved to New York, looking to strike out as a new hero.

Powers and Abilities:
Energy Exoskeleton
Its a psychically-generated, suit of armor that surrounds Steven at will. It's translucent, tinged grey, and has a texture that closely resembles smooth glass. However, it is much stronger then glass and the suit itself has, technically, unlimited strength. The suit itself, isn't actually infinitely durable, so while it has unlimited strength, if the object is too large or heavy, then it will crack and break. The durability of the suit and the size of the suit are also inversely related and there are no bounds. The suit, technically again, could be so large as to hold the earth in its hand, but at that point, it would become so brittle and powerless that a stiff breeze would break it. He generally keeps the suit about twenty feet tall and at that point his armor is pretty tough. The armor is resistant to energy or electricity based attacks and is waterproof. The armor looks like this, but recall that it is a solid, grey color and translucent. Steven rests in the chest area and when inside his body enters a stasis, dreamlike mode, but the body still moves in correspondence with the armor. The armor is incapable of creating weapons or shields. At this time, Steven cannot have only part of the armor active at any given moment. When it comes to durability, strength, and stamina, there is always an upper limit that is easily reached, Steven's armor cannot grow stronger if he just "focuses more" and is just as strong when he is tired as when he is well rested, although he may not be able to keep it up so long when he is tired. Steven's armor may want to lift a mountain, but is can't because the weight would break the armor. And it can't run at super speeds because it is trapped by the confines of its own physicality, but it can run at a full sprint and it would use the same amount of energy that it would take to stand perfectly still, which is the same as the energy it takes to project. In short, the action doesn't matter, the energy drawn is always the same, whether you want more power or not.

Weaknesses:
The armor is weak to sonic or particle wave-based weapons or attacks. Once cracked, the armor can slowly repair itself, but this takes more energy then simply forming the armor.
Steven is otherwise completely human and his body alone is as susceptible as everyone else.
Destructive Capacity: Small building

Speed: Depends on how long his legs are at the moment. At twenty feet tall it's about 17 and seven ninths meters per second at a sprint. As a human, it comes to about 5 and a third meters per second at a sprint.

Durability: Again it depends on his size, at the average twenty feet it is large building level. As a human it is human level.

Lifting Strength: Technically immeasurable, although the armor will break at some point.

Striking Strength: I want to say MJ Class.

Stamina: Also technically immeasurable, as the armor doesn't get exhausted. But Steven cannot hold the armor up forever before he becomes mentally exhausted.

Standard Equipment: Basically what you see in the pic, goggles, jacket, pads, a handgun (because everyone should carry a piece.

Intelligence: Average, a poor long-term memory offset by an above average short-term memory. He is pretty good at solving puzzles too.

Optional stuff.

Theme song:

Random Facts about your character: Until they got internet when he turned seven, the only music he had ever heard was two cassettes, Abba and Steve Miller. To this day those are his two favorite musical groups.

I'll find a superhero name and theme song, and do some fleshing in about an hour sometime

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Neros wrote:Part of the process is calling Rob a faggot.

And the second part is calling Neros a self absorbed, pretentious ****tard. Then, and only then, can you write the app.

Rob, you're a bundle of sticks!
Neros, you're a spongy custard dressed in a tux!
Last edited by Achidyemay on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:29 pm

It ams accepteds. But remembers, the audience ams a fickles mistress. The audience ams a fickles mistress.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Name/Alias: Kazuko Nagamine.

Age: Technically, 2. But androids are special, so she's mentally & appearance-wise 19.

Appearance: Kazuko. Battle Suit. Don't forget the Mega Buster.

Species: Android.

Backstory: Kazuko is... from the future...

Yeah. It wasn't even that funny the first time.

In this universe, Kazuko was the result of a robotics project meant to make sentient, realistic androids. At first, she was created and sent to school to test her sentience and behavior in society. After that success, the apocalypse began. And the sentient android was modified post-production for war.

(Similar to Katsuo from the first universe) Kazuko was sent back in time to prevent the apocalypse. Problem was, the roots of the disaster stretched back further than the disaster itself. So she was sent back, repeatedly, until reaching the age of this RP. On a mission to save the world.

Powers and Abilities:
  • Robotic body that can take much more damage than the average human.
  • Mega Buster: arm cannon that mainly shoots plasma, but can be modified to shoot many things. Also capable of generating a shield, interfacing with machines, bringing up a holographic display, and more as Kazuko gains upgrades. Now ambidextrous!
  • Jet boots.
  • Can Overcharge systems, obtaining greater abilities at the cost of faster energy depletion. Pretty much indestructible by most standards, and capable of amazing destructive feats.
  • Battlechips can enhance performance by adding enhanced weaponry and programs.
  • Style Changes and Elemental Forms enhance performance further than Battlechips. They'll be explained when used.
Weaknesses: extreme amounts of electricity, water in the mechanisms, & magnets.

Destructive Capacity: City Block.

Speed: Peak Human.

Durability: Multi City Block.

Lifting Strength: Class 50.

Striking Strength: Kilojoule.

Stamina: Androids don't worry about stamina. But her hybrid fission/solar battery can last at least a month without needing more fuel/sunlight.

Standard Equipment: She is the equipment. Also the sword from the image, which is made of the same nanadium alloy as Kazuko's body.

Intelligence: Very. Future knowledge combined with massive memory banks and a desire to know more.

Is there any way you could make the backstory... simpler? I'm struggling to keep the whole Frost splitting the universes thing and stuff as plothole free as possible, and this is going to make it slightly harder. Time travel is always a confusing subject.

How is it complicated? Just going back in time to avert an unnamed disaster. I could just change "disaster" to "studying the past."
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:48 pm

It's fine as is I suppose. And he who shall not be named that made you leave last time won't be a problem, right?

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:It's fine as is I suppose. And he who shall not be named that made you leave last time won't be a problem, right?

We talked about it. He was a factor, and I'll do my best to ignore.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:03 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:It's fine as is I suppose. And he who shall not be named that made you leave last time won't be a problem, right?

We talked about it. He was a factor, and I'll do my best to ignore.

Righto, he ain't even here anymore. Unless...

OH NO, TEMP WAS IT ME!? D:

He was accepted anyways, you don't gotta be fine with it.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Neros wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:We talked about it. He was a factor, and I'll do my best to ignore.

Righto, he ain't even here anymore. Unless...

Yeah, except he asked me about it. Learn to read, shit for brain.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Neros wrote:Righto, he ain't even here anymore. Unless...

Oh, I see, yeah, no he didn't, don't make up random shit when I see it right here. You're the spaz who couldn't understand that she's an android from the future. Ain't you ever seen Terminator, motherfucka? Stop forcing the whole "Frost made this universe" on us, too. We have our own backstories and lore and you have yours.

Also, Kazuko?! Is his brother going to be making an appearance as well?! /s

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:11 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:Is there any way you could make the backstory... simpler? I'm struggling to keep the whole Frost splitting the universes thing and stuff as plothole free as possible, and this is going to make it slightly harder. Time travel is always a confusing subject.

How is it complicated? Just going back in time to avert an unnamed disaster. I could just change "disaster" to "studying the past."

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Neros wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:

Oh, I see, yeah, no he didn't, don't make up random shit when I see it right here. You're the spaz who couldn't understand that she's an android from the future. Ain't you ever seen Terminator, motherfucka? Stop forcing the whole "Frost made this universe" on us, too. We have our own backstories and lore and you have yours.

top kek

Atria and I agreed on the premise that Frost split the 12 universes into 24. You can't do shit.
Last edited by Rob Halfordia on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Neros wrote:

top kek

Atria and I agreed on the premise that Frost split the 12 universes into 24. You can't do shit.

It's like agreeing that Noah's Arc was real - it doesn't matter if it's fake anyways. Frost was a shit villain and Daud or Gaul could have soloed.

Rob Halfordia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:How is it complicated? Just going back in time to avert an unnamed disaster. I could just change "disaster" to "studying the past."

kek that's not going "halp rob, i need your huge horse weiner to help wit muh aplacashun plsss". Temp is literally telling you that the bio does not matter at all, and that it's not complicated. You really grasped for that straw there, bucko.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Neros wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:top kek

It's like agreeing that Noah's Arc was real - it doesn't matter if it's fake anyways. Frost was a shit villain and Daud or Gaul could have soloed.

Rob Halfordia wrote:

kek that's not going "halp rob, i need your huge horse weiner to help wit muh aplacashun plsss". Temp is literally telling you that the bio does not matter at all, and that it's not complicated. You really grasped for that straw there, bucko.

Yeah?! Well fuckings yous!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse