NATION

PASSWORD

Nobility in Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Concordant America
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Concordant America » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 am

No nobility titles here. We are an anarcho capitalist society, we have had no special interest groups ever!
FT nation - Sungai Pusat
MT nation - Concordant America
RP population: 455,000,000
Concordant America In'tl Airport
Concordant America's Factbook

DragonKhorse
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby DragonKhorse » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 am

In the nation of DKH, citizens rise and fall according to their merits. Anyone may call themselves whatever they want, which has led to more than one citizen declaring themselves General Kassad. More than one citizen has also learnt that Colonel Kassad, head of DKH is also an excellent unarmed fighter who dislikes being imitated, or bossed around by citizens.

Cookesland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cookesland » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:44 am

We've no nobility and never have, the only people in the country with hereditary titles are deposed monarchs who reside in our nation.

Romaela Microptera
Secretary

Founded: Jun 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romaela Microptera » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 am

Nobility is only recognized through Queen born Warriors, but they are already notified as "Royalty" and get a massive tax cut (99%)
ALL HAIL THE QUEEN

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am

The Most Serene Republic of the Quendi has a nobility (I will expand on this latter)
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Thrinia
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thrinia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:54 am

We have 3 Noble families:
The Borgia family.
The De Luna family.
The Savonarola family.
But they are not richer than most citizens
(except for the Borgia family :twisted: )
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46322
OOC:The Thrinian Catholic Church by no means claims to be a representation of the RL catholic church, nor does it seek to in anyway debase Rome. It simply remains a NS religion making project.
IC Population: 80.000.000
My Ideology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6lzPcOdzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL6gLm7vgM0

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 am

No, we don't give out titles of nobility.

Yours,
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 am

There is nobility in Imperial Republic Kreanoltha, which is awarded on a meritocratic basis, for things such as conspicuous honor in battle, significant scientific advancement, or making unbelievably large amounts of money. It can be passed on to heirs, but it only caries ceremonial weight and has no economic privileges attached to it. Those with titles of nobility usually have estate, but they're all privately bought, owned, and operated. It is still a great honor to earn a title of nobility however. In Kreanoltha we have the Order of the Astera which is as follows: Grand Lord of the Astera > Lord >Lord Count > Grand Count > Count of the Astera > Count > Lord Duke > Grand Duke > Duke > Viseduke > Lord Baron > Baron > Lord Earl > Earl > Viseearl.

It is important to separate nobility from serfdom. Serfdom is considered a barbaric institution in Kreanoltha, and it is outlawed in the Republic.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Beneravia
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Beneravia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:04 am

The titles and estates were established during the late 1300s. But in 1843, the estates and all traces of feudalism were abolished to unite the Grand Duchy under a stronger ruler. The nobles were allowed to keep 100 acre plots and titles, but lost the serfs and direct taxes from them. Currently nobles maintain the titles and plots, but have no real power except for the Grand Duke and Royal Family, the Van Wittendorfs.
Justitia Fideque, Libertas Inventa Est!

Head of State: Grand Duke Bartholomew van Wittendorf
Heads of Government: Grand Duke Bartholomew van Wittendorf and Prime Minister Jéan Claudé
Capital City: Wittendorf
Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26
Embassy Programme
Map of the Grand Duchy

Narjat
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Narjat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:06 am

Yes we have nobles here.
In coffins.
I am All There Is. I am Fear. I am Death. Kneel and Obey.

Mikedor
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikedor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 am

Narjat wrote:Yes we have nobles here.
In coffins.

Savages!

>:(
Welcome to 1938.

I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Georgism
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 am

Yes; Me.
Georgism Factbook (including questions and answers)
¯\(°_o)/¯
Horsefish wrote:I agree with George

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 am

Titles, heridity, and, as such, nobility all exist in the Republic.

The TurtleShroom government, mainly the heads of state, can and do grant titles and small estates (usually an acre or two) to those who have truly earned such a privelage. These titles and estates are given based on merit. Anyone can recieve it, for any reason so deemed by the government. Examples include war heroes or heroines, scientific pioneers, successful businessmen, etc. etc. etc. .

Benefits of holding any title include a sash and a medal (though one or both of these must be worn at all times in public), a five percent discount at all public/government-operated gift shops, a laminated card designating the title, and the privelage of getting to ring the bell at the Stock Exchange, or the bell at the Chancellary to call the heads of state to begin their day, or other bells of priority. Congress would have had a bell, but the capitol building is an amusement park.

The title can either be kept until death or passed down by heritidy (at the noble's choice, though). If the noble does not specifically state such in his will, it goes to his firstborn male, unless, of course, the noble is a mushroom. Anyone can be designated the Heir of the title in the noble's will, or the noble can order his title to vanish at death. If not specified, the title is automatically given to the firstborn male. Mushrooms, as they reproduce asexually, lack gender, and can't trace kids, lose their title at death.

Nobility from other nations are recognized in full, to the point of calling the noble by his title.

The country can give titles to foreigners as well.

Serfdom never existed in TurtleShroom, and neither did a specific noble body. Military officials are promoted on merit, not title.

Like any creature in TurtleShroom, all nobles are taxed, as are the estates they recieve. Only the two heads of state don't have to pay taxes.
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Grand Catalonia
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Catalonia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 am

We have nobility, all empires do.
Colonial Terrritories: New Catalonia, New Castilla, New Castronia, New Cadiza, Grand Novalan
Government: Semi-absolute constitutional monarchy

-Emperor Charles II

-Legislature Imperial Parliament

-Judicary Imperial State Court

Manticore Reborn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Manticore Reborn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:16 am

The Kingdom of Manticore Reborn has nobility but this does not define a social class that is seen as superior. Possessing a peerage in the Kingdom of Manticore Reborn allows the person to sit in the House of Lords upon approve of the sitting members of the Lords. Persons can be elevated to peers by the monarch with the approval of the House of Lords and the House of Lords may strip someone of their peerage.
Respectfully,
Hamish Alexander, Eighteenth Earl of White Haven
Minister of Foreign Affairs to His Majesty King Roger VI
The Kingdom of Manticore Reborn

Our National Anthem
Factbook on NSWiki

Grand Catalonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Catalonia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 am

Manticore Reborn wrote:The Kingdom of Manticore Reborn has nobility but this does not define a social class that is seen as superior. Possessing a peerage in the Kingdom of Manticore Reborn allows the person to sit in the House of Lords upon approve of the sitting members of the Lords. Persons can be elevated to peers by the monarch with the approval of the House of Lords and the House of Lords may strip someone of their peerage.

I wish you had a factbook. I would love to read it and look about your government.
Colonial Terrritories: New Catalonia, New Castilla, New Castronia, New Cadiza, Grand Novalan

-Emperor Charles II

Manticore Reborn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Manticore Reborn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 am

Grand Catalonia wrote:
Manticore Reborn wrote:The Kingdom of Manticore Reborn has nobility but this does not define a social class that is seen as superior. Possessing a peerage in the Kingdom of Manticore Reborn allows the person to sit in the House of Lords upon approve of the sitting members of the Lords. Persons can be elevated to peers by the monarch with the approval of the House of Lords and the House of Lords may strip someone of their peerage.

I wish you had a factbook. I would love to read it and look about your government.

Did you look at me signature? I have a factbook and an Wiki--I would recommend the Wiki as I found the Factbook too difficult to maintain and the Wiki more accurate to what my nation "is".
Last edited by Manticore Reborn on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Respectfully,
Hamish Alexander, Eighteenth Earl of White Haven
Minister of Foreign Affairs to His Majesty King Roger VI
The Kingdom of Manticore Reborn

Our National Anthem
Factbook on NSWiki

Voerdeland
Senator

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voerdeland » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:24 am

We have aristocrats here, but their position isn't recognized by the federal government.
Last edited by Voerdeland on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Dungeyland
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dungeyland » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 am

Nobility is based on the UK, but is kinda elected for life: Will update later.
Classical liberal.
  • My nation is called the Dangish Empire, officially
  • The population is circa 500 million
  • It is an imperial federation
  • The term Dungeyland while only technically referring to one colony can be used for the entire Empire (think Holland)
  • The Dangish Empire is a constitutional monarchy, our monarch is Queen Ellen I

Factbook/Q&A
Embassy Program
Sky Corporation
If I do not reply to a post within three days, excuse me, for I am very busy nowadays. I try to update every weekend at the least.

Grand Catalonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Catalonia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:43 am

Dungeyland wrote:Nobility is based on the UK, but is kinda elected for life: Will update later.

Our nobility is divided into the following ranks, from the highest to lowest:

Grand Prince

Prince

Grand Duke

Arch-duke

Duke

Viscount

Count

Earl

Lord

Marquess

Burg-rave

Knight

Baron

Mister

-Emperor Charles II

Gray Army
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Gray Army » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:04 am

Our Government is run by Birthright really, but if a member of the Imperial Government cannot bring up a Son or daughter, the positions comes up for election, and/or if the Son/Daughter proves to incompetent upon coming of age, they are treated as Citizens, NOT Government officials.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:29 am

Nobility exists in the Anglo-Saxon Empire, and as in the past all nobles must either join the Anglo-Saxon military, or pay an additional 20% of their income as taxes. The Emperor has the right to strip a noble of their rank, and promote an individual to the nobility. The nobility is divided into two groups, regular nobles, who pass on ranks of nobility to their children, and are legally able to work as regional governors, and members of the Witenagemot. Regular nobles can be stripped of their rank by the Emperor, but honorary nobles, citizen, and non-citizens cannot be promoted to regular nobles unless both the Emperor, and 3/4ths of the Witenagemot approve of it. The children of regular nobles will also be members of the nobility. The second type of nobles are honorary nobles. Honorary nobles can be given the rank by either the Emperor, or with the approval of 3/4ths of the Witenagemot, they can become regional governors, but cannot become members of the Witenagemot. The children of honorary nobles will not be born as nobles, and all officers accepted into the Anglo-Saxon military are made honorary nobles
Last edited by The Anglo-Saxon Empire on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:30 am

Grand Catalonia wrote:
Dungeyland wrote:Nobility is based on the UK, but is kinda elected for life: Will update later.

Grand Prince

Prince

Grand Duke

Arch-duke

Duke

Viscount

Count

Earl

Lord

Marquess

Burg-rave

Knight

Baron

Mister

Besides the fact that mister isn't a rank of nobility, why do knights outrank barons?

Grand Catalonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Catalonia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Grand Catalonia wrote:

Grand Prince

Prince

Grand Duke

Arch-duke

Duke

Viscount

Count

Earl

Lord

Marquess

Burg-rave

Knight

Baron

Mister

Besides the fact that mister isn't a rank of nobility, why do knights outrank barons?

Mister is a servant noble, like a noble-woman serving another one. Also knights outrank barons because they are more honorable in our eyes.

-Emperor Charles II

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Nobility exists in the Anglo-Saxon Empire, and as in the past all nobles must either join the Anglo-Saxon military, or pay an additional 20% of their income as taxes. The Emperor has the right to strip a noble of their rank, and promote an individual to the nobility. The nobility is divided into two groups, regular nobles, who pass on ranks of nobility to their children, and are legally able to work as regional governors, and members of the Witenagemot. Regular nobles can be stripped of their rank by the Emperor, but honorary nobles, citizen, and non-citizens cannot be promoted to regular nobles unless both the Emperor, and 3/4ths of the Witenagemot approve of it. The children of regular nobles will also be members of the nobility. The second type of nobles are honorary nobles. Honorary nobles can be given the rank by either the Emperor, or with the approval of 3/4ths of the Witenagemot, they can become regional governors, but cannot become members of the Witenagemot. The children of honorary nobles will not be born as nobles.

Is nobility attainable by a commoner wedding a noble or only for the children?

Only the children. It is also viewed as rather disgraceful for a noble to marry anyone below the rank of citizen (people who have served in the military for at least 4 years, and have the right to be promoted to ranks of nobility and the right to speak before the Witenagemot).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information