NATION

PASSWORD

Hackles Raised Over Fur Clothes Debate

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Dragton
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Hackles Raised Over Fur Clothes Debate

Postby Dragton » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:54 am

I got the issue called "Hackles Raised Over Fur Clothes Debate". It was about using animal fur as clothing. Someone said "You can't mean that, surely?" snorts Sean Dragton, adjusting a hat made from real Dragonbird hide. he used a hat made of my national animal. My national animal is a PROTECTED bird specie. How can he use a hat made of Dragonbirds if the specie is protected?
Last edited by Dragton on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragton is love, Dragton is life.
-Erling Dragton.

If you have noticed me acting a little weird, you should know that i have autism. On the brightnside it's a mild one =)

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 am

Could it be illegally poached/purchased clothes?
Or it could have been made before the protections came into place?
Or maybe it was a Dragonbird killed in another nation?

There are lots of ways in which a person may acquire the hides of a protected species.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:31 am

I don't think there is an issue that makes your national animal a protected species. There's an issue about eating it (which you have had, but didn't ban eating @@ANIMAL@@), but not protecting it.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:05 am

Luna Amore wrote:I don't think there is an issue that makes your national animal a protected species. There's an issue about eating it (which you have had, but didn't ban eating @@ANIMAL@@), but not protecting it.

That's actually interesting. Maybe someone should make one. :D
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:54 am

Luna Amore wrote:I don't think there is an issue that makes your national animal a protected species. There's an issue about eating it (which you have had, but didn't ban eating @@ANIMAL@@), but not protecting it.

There is.

#009: @@ANIMAL@@ On The Dinner Table?
1. "The fact is, the @@ANIMAL@@ population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Jamil Johnson. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have @@ANIMAL@@ kebabs, @@ANIMAL@@ pies, @@ANIMAL@@ -on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."
Result: @@ANIMAL@@ are considered a delicacy.

2. "I agree that something needs to be done about @@ANIMAL@@ over-population," says random passer-by Colin Falopian, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."
Result: a nation-wide cull of @@ANIMAL@@s is in effect.

3. "I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Wil Winters. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The @@ANIMAL@@ were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The @@ANIMAL@@ is part of what makes @@NAME@@ a great nation!"
Result: the @@ANIMAL@@ is a protected species
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:11 am

Goddess Relief Office wrote:

There is.

#009: @@ANIMAL@@ On The Dinner Table?
1. "The fact is, the @@ANIMAL@@ population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Jamil Johnson. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have @@ANIMAL@@ kebabs, @@ANIMAL@@ pies, @@ANIMAL@@ -on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."
Result: @@ANIMAL@@ are considered a delicacy.

2. "I agree that something needs to be done about @@ANIMAL@@ over-population," says random passer-by Colin Falopian, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."
Result: a nation-wide cull of @@ANIMAL@@s is in effect.

3. "I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Wil Winters. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The @@ANIMAL@@ were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The @@ANIMAL@@ is part of what makes @@NAME@@ a great nation!"
Result: the @@ANIMAL@@ is a protected species

I never knew that. Never chose option 3 so I wouldn't have known. Thank you very much. :hug:

Return to Got Issues?