NATION

PASSWORD

Dragonslayer (OOC/Interest/Discussion)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
Saint Morning wrote:App
Nation name: Kingdom of Aires (A city state North of Tanenburg, along the coast)
Character name: Princess Anne Undine Hamburg
Race: 25% Dragon, 75% human
Appearance:
Bio: Anne is the second child of half blood King Augustine and Human Queen Lana. Thus is second in line for the throne of the city of Aires, behind her brother Prince Darius, she is described by many ,who have gotten the privilege of seeing her, as a dazzling dame of immense beauty or a Princess without flaws. She has never seen the outside world, always stuck in her keep, mostly due to her heritage. From a young age she developed inhuman abilities and showed incredible strength, though these abilities were and still are something she cannot control. In fear of attracting dragon slayers to the land, the king and reluctantly his Queen kept the young princess locked within the palace walls where she would be trained by her uncle.
Anne would often get jealous of her brother and cousins who would roam the outside freely while she was stuck in her bedroom with Uncle Fredrick who struggled to teach her how to control her abilities. Often wishing that she was like her brother, who could easily keep his abilities concealed and under control, or like one of her cousins who didn't have any abilities at all. Everyday she wishes that she could be free of her imprisonment and roam the lands and do as she please.
Abilities: Due to her dragon blood being very diluted, she doesn't have the abilities most full dragon/half dragons have, and even the abilities that she does possess are simply watered down versions of the original. She has the ability to control fire, and maybe with some intense training breathe it but it's highly unlikely, she faster than the average human and much stronger than the average human male despite her dragon lineage being diluted. She's able to natural understand the native language of the dragons and can even contribute to the conversation. However that's all the abilities she has, she cannot fly or transform into a dragon.
Weaknesses: She is innocent to the world due to never leaving the castle walls and is quick to trust strangers. She is also driven to a fault and often put others at risk, unintentionally, when she tries to achieve a set goal. She has little control over her dragon abilities and could be taken down quite easily if not for her inhuman strength and agility.
RP Sample: (if none, then don't worry. It's simply to give a good idea of your style.)
W.P.L

So need a traveling partner? Absolon could definitely have a mutual use for her.

Also Tors can you explain you idea of the church? Or can I myself sort of run with it and add little bits of information?

Sure why not? what's the worse that could happen :D

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I don't mind if you add to the church. I hadn't fleshed it out very much anyway, except for their assassins having considerable freedom to travel and do as they wished, as long as they're job is done.

I really only call dibs on describing Tanenburg, the Chimer Kingdom, and the other city states to the southeast of Tanenburg. I'll out that info up in a minute,

If its not too much of a burden can you add Aires (my city state) too? maybe even put it on the map... if it isn't too much trouble

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Saint Morning wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:
So need a traveling partner? Absolon could definitely have a mutual use for her.

Also Tors can you explain you idea of the church? Or can I myself sort of run with it and add little bits of information?

Sure why not? what's the worse that could happen :D

Not much :p

I mean I he's a walking priest/mercenary and a former Church militant who may or may not be looking to overthrow the church leadership and all that jazz :D
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
Saint Morning wrote:Sure why not? what's the worse that could happen :D

Not much :p

I mean I he's a walking priest/mercenary and a former Church militant who may or may not be looking to overthrow the church leadership and all that jazz :D

Oh really? :lol2:
what could he possibly want with the fair Princess?

The Greater States of Valyria
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater States of Valyria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:39 pm

What exactly is the doctrine of the Church in this? Do they believe in angels?

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:41 pm

App
Nation name: Masimino
Character name: Rothgar Du-Lock
Race: Chimer

Appearance:

Bio: Born in the kingdom of Chimer, Rothgar was the son of 2 soldiers, who were both renowned warriors in their own right. He was born in a cold summer night, one of the coldest ever experienced, and was considered to be a great warrior when taught in a young age. His father would usually teach him how to use different weapons, from the sword to the hammer, from the axe to the mace, his father taught him the various weapons, including the musket. His mother, meanwhile, would teach him about medicine, history, literature and honor. He realized in a young age, that, to be one of the best, he needed to train hard and study hard, but never forget his duties to his family and loved ones. He needed to be humble and wise, never boastful nor impulsive.

Eventually, he became an adolescent, but his father continued to train him while Rothgar would help his mother in the daily chores. After a year, he wanted to explore, but his parents didn't allow it, stating it's dangerous outside, especially with the dragons and the humans about. He didn't care, so in one swift night, he grabbed his things, a war hammer, some coins and supplies, and ran away from his home. he eventually ended up being captured by human bandits, and will probably be killed or ransomed if he doesn't do anything
Abilities: Excellent armed or unarmed combatant, proficient in all types of weapons, including the musket, incredible strength, strong armor, almost unstoppable momentum
Weaknesses: Rather slow, meaning his attacks are slow and would be in a disadvantage when facing swift enemies, slightly hot headed and impulsive, his momentum could be used against him when given the right circumstances
RP Sample:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=319107
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=320573

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:46 pm

App
Nation name:
Torsiedelle
Character name: Maggie (or "Maggs")
Race: Human, Half-Chimer

Appearance: Maggs is average height, with fair skin. She has brown eyes. Her hair is brown, and short [Like so]; it comes down to a few inches above her shoulders at the sides, and almost to the back of her neck in the back, and is done in a puffy, messy way. She wears a thick, knee-length tan skirt with fur along the edges and a red-cyan-white tribal pattern, and a tan shirt with a poncho bearing the same pattern as on her skirt. She wears tight dark brown leggings, and no boots; she wears sandals instead, with the bottom of her legs and her feet wound tightly with white wrappings. She has similar, looser white wrappings on her arms.

Her spear is old, with the metal looking mildly tarnished and stained. The spear tip is corroded and jagged, and especially sharp at the corners.

She appears to be a young woman, no older than 21, and entirely human. Her legs appear more frail towards the ankles, and she has small feet. She bathes regularly, and maintains a healthy appearance.

Bio: Maggie's father was Human, and had an affair with a Chimer girl, which drew extreme disapproval from the rest of the family. Her mother died in childbirth, and her father was often gone on long travels as a merchant. That left her in the care of her aunt and uncle in the northern territories of Sutherland, who despised her for her mixed race. She was treated terribly to the point of running away, and no effort was made to look for her. While her memory faded from the family, Maggie had made a new life for herself in the dense woods of the southern Tanen Mountains. She was often cold and hungry, until one day, when she met her lifelong friend, Kodlak. Kodlak was a wolf that she had come across by chance. While initially hostile to her, the animal slowly showed more attraction to the girl, and Maggie was insistent on befriending it. It took a while, but Maggie was soon joining the animal on hunts and learning how to hunt, sneak, and catch prey. She slept with the animal for warmth, and shared her catches with it; locals of the area noticed and began to call her the "Wolf Girl", and she was known to enter her nearby village every month or so to trade furs for clothing and tools.

She somehow fell into favor with a Dragonslayer who was passing through on a mission to hunt down a Drake and destroy its nest. He recognized her agility and talent at catching a rabbit, and made her his apprentice for two years, during which she stayed at a dojo in Tanenburg. After those two years, she returned to her home, and remained in the woods, continuing her life as a hunter. Since her return, she developed her own style of fighting.

While quick to seclude herself from society, she is a very social and friendly person. When she does visit towns, she always visits her favorite tavern and drinks the night away. She's an eccentric personality, and prone to spontaneous singing and dancing. She's close to the earth, and a worshiper of nature spirits and the local gods. She hates the church and its teachings, and she's also not a fan of Tanenburg's Pagan religion for being organized and supported by the state. She talks at length with Kodlak, and has a habit of engaging in public nudity, since she cares little for modesty. She behaves like a wolf, by growling and howling during her hunts.

Abilities: Maggie is very agile and fast, and uses that to her advantage in fights. She twirls her spear like a maniac and gets around her enemies with flips and rolls, and swings her spear as if to slice with the side of the tip, rather than stab with it. She also relies on her wolf to help her in a fight.

Weaknesses: She is very reliant on Kodlak, and has attacks of insecurity and anxiety without the wolf around.She has strong emotions regarding many things, but often shows no sign of it, instead holding it all in. She's a heavy drinker, and gets drunk often. She's afraid of injuring any major part of her body, and panics when she is rushed or overpowered.
RP Sample:

Saint Morning wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:I don't mind if you add to the church. I hadn't fleshed it out very much anyway, except for their assassins having considerable freedom to travel and do as they wished, as long as they're job is done.

I really only call dibs on describing Tanenburg, the Chimer Kingdom, and the other city states to the southeast of Tanenburg. I'll out that info up in a minute,

If its not too much of a burden can you add Aires (my city state) too? maybe even put it on the map... if it isn't too much trouble

Sure, I can do it. I have an idea to make an updated map soon, with rough borders and mountains.

The Greater States of Valyria wrote:What exactly is the doctrine of the Church in this? Do they believe in angels?

Kind of like Christianity, in practice, and in that they believe in one god. They do believe in angels.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Masimino wrote:App

Appearance:
Bio: Born in the kingdom of Chimer, Rothgar was the son of 2 soldiers, who were both renowned warriors in their own right. He was born in a cold summer night, one of the coldest ever experienced, and was considered to be a great warrior when taught in a young age. His father would usually teach him how to use different weapons, from the sword to the hammer, from the axe to the mace, his father taught him the various weapons, including the musket. His mother, meanwhile, would teach him about medicine, history, literature and honor. He realized in a young age, that, to be one of the best, he needed to train hard and study hard, but never forget his duties to his family and loved ones. He needed to be humble and wise, never boastful nor impulsive.

Eventually, he became an adolescent, but his father continued to train him while Rothgar would help his mother in the daily chores. After a year, he wanted to explore, but his parents didn't allow it, stating it's dangerous outside, especially with the dragons and the humans about. He didn't care, so in one swift night, he grabbed his things, a war hammer, some coins and supplies, and ran away from his home. he eventually ended up being captured by human bandits, and will probably be killed or ransomed if he doesn't do anything
Abilities: Excellent armed or unarmed combatant, proficient in all types of weapons, including the musket, incredible strength, strong armor, almost unstoppable momentum
Weaknesses: Rather slow, meaning his attacks are slow and would be in a disadvantage when facing swift enemies, slightly hot headed and impulsive, his momentum could be used against him when given the right circumstances
RP Sample:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 1&t=319107
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 1&t=320573

Lol maybe my Princess could save him, with the help of her mercenary friend ofc, depending on where he is and where they are going. :roll:

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Insaeldor, Saint Morning, and Masimino: Accepted. I like Masinimo. I don't see Rhino people often.

I'll add you to a Players list, then get to describing the three major states, and possibly revising the map a bit.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater States of Valyria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:52 pm

So could my character be an angel or fallen angel?

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:13 pm

App
Nation name: The Confederation of The Carlisle
Character name: Mayumi Kiyomi
Race: Dragonborn (Half-Dragon, Half-Human)

Appearance: She stand at a height of 7' 2". Her body is very slim. Her face is flat and sharp. Her neck is longer than a humans, almost serpentine. Her hair is a silvery-white. She has a wrap around her eyes, which cover her dead, gray eyes. Her arms and legs are very long. While she is slim, she is naturally muscular and fit. All over her body except her hands, feet, and head are silvery-white scales. Her toes and fingers have slightly hooked claws. On her back are scaly wings which fold behind her back. When extended, they giver her a wingspan of 8'. Like her hair and scales, they are silvery-white. Her chest is flat, both naturally and from a tight leather chest armor.

Bio: Kiyomi knows little of her birth parents. Her father was a human who she knows nothing of. Her mother was a dragon, which she does knows was always on the run from other dragons. She knew her by the name of "Thornfoot", as that was her pen name when she sent letters to her. She did know two things about her birth. She was different from the other children and that she was blind.

Her mother orphaned her at a the Mayumi Dojo on the edge of the Tempest kingdom. There, she was adopted by the head of the dojo, Mayumi Haruo. She has a letter on why she was orphaned, and that was it was for her own safety.

Kiyomi lived with Haruo for most of her life. Though she was different and disabled, Haruo protected her from other children and people who disliked her. When she was old enough, Haruo put her in his classes to teach her Archery. Haruo was a master archer, one of the best if not the best on the entire continent, and he taught Kiyomi how to use the bow and arrow despite her blindness. Haruo taught her how to use her other senses, enhanced by her dragon blood, to 'see' her target.

Kiyomi eventually became his best student. By the age of eight, she had mastered the longbows and by age ten mastered horse archery.

When Kiyomi turned into a teenager, he started training her in a secret form of archery, one which the fabled Angels used, 'Sky Archery'. Through years of hard training, she learned and even made her own modification of it, one which allowed her to truly exploit it.

Halfway through her training, she received terrible news. The last letter from her mother. It told of her that she was injured and that the dragons chasing her were going to get her and kill her. The letter of her coming death nearly broke Kiyomi. Haruo calmed and comforted her, but it did little to get rid of her desire for revenge.

At age of eighteen, Kiyomi was an expert archer. It was at that point she left the dojo. Haruo has nothing left to teach her and she was finally an adult. She left during the night, leaving a note to Haruo thanking him for everything.

Kiyomi had been out for a year now. She is well known around the lands for her kills, many of which large beasts and monsters. It is even rumored she killed a small drake with one shot.

Abilities: Enhanced senses. Combined with her dragon blood, blindness and training, her other senses are enhanced fifteen fold beyond normal humans. It is said she could hear the individual flaps of a humming birds wings and feel the slight breeze created by a flying beast from several feet away. This basically supplants her sight but also allows her to do other things in terms of listening.

Expert archer: She is a highly skilled archer, able to fell beasts and men from a distance. She carries two bow which she uses with utmost skill.
1. A reflex bow similar to a Turkish bow. She uses this bow the most, as it is small but also very powerful. She can send an arrow with this bow the same or even further than with a standard longbow. She uses this bow everywhere, on foot, in caves, inside, or on horse.
2. "Doragon". A giant recurve bow towering 13'. This bow is used solely for her 'Sky Archery'. It is incredibly powerful, able to fell giant beasts in one shot. It fires 8' long arrows similar to javelins but thinner and lighter. The wood of the bow is dragonyew, the best wood for bows as it is flexible, nigh unbreakable, and surprisingly light.

Sky Archery; Kiyomi's Techniquer: A modification of the 'Sky Archery' technique. In normal sky archery, the archer plants their foot on the belly of the bow and uses both legs and arms to draw the bow far back usually to their face. In Kiyomi's Technique, she draws the string beyond her head, going to a bit over her body length. This increases the power of the arrow even more so and allows for the shooting of heavier arrows. This is all due to the fact that she doesn't need her eyes to aim, her slim form, and her flexible neck, allowing her to draw beyond her head and not have the string hit her.

(if you have trouble visualizing, think of it like a crossbow. The bow is the bow, her body is the stock. The string is drawn just beyond her head, which is where the string his held.)

Dragonfire; Like all dragonkin, she had the ability to breathe fire. Though her fire is not nearly as powerful as her cousins. She can breathe as feet as six feet but cannot launch a ball of it.

Strong: Years of training and her blood has given her high strength. She can draw her large bow, carry all her arrows, maybe throw a strong punch or two. She can't carry everything though, and don't expect her to take your load. She already has enough shit to carry.

Flight: Her wings allow her to fly, enabling her to travel over obstacles, fire from above, and allow her to use her key technique. She doesn't fly often though, as it draws attention to her.

Weaknesses: She is completely blind. This does several things. She cannot explain things visually, relying on hearing, smell, and feeling. She can describe a rock on how it feels and how it smells, but does not know what it looks like. While not a daily impairment, someone who knows of this and is skilled enough can exploit this weakness.

Illiterate. She cannot write nor read. This is all due to her blindness. Haruo tried to teach her, but it was extremely difficult and time consuming trying to teach her to write words, sentences, all while being readable. He eventually gave up. Because of this, she relies entirely on word of mouth, which makes it easy for her to be lied to. Say, a bounty said that the reward was a thousand gold to get rid of an ogre. She could be lied to on what the bounty is, like the amount of gold or the monster being hunted.

Discrimination: While she has fame, she is also feared. It is not uncommon for people to deny service to her, act aggressive, or even attack her for her blood. Anybody associated with her are automatically marked sympathizes, supporters of abominations, and an ally to dragons. She has long to go before she proves herself to people.

RP Sample: You know me!
Last edited by The Carlisle on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Saint Morning wrote:
Masimino wrote:App

Appearance:

RP Sample:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=319107
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=320573

Lol maybe my Princess could save him, with the help of her mercenary friend ofc, depending on where he is and where they are going. :roll:

A warrior priest, a quarter dragon princess, and a Rino man... Sounds like a dream team TBH :lol:

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:25 pm

The Greater States of Valyria wrote:So could my character be an angel or fallen angel?

Don't see why not. It'd certainly be different from a normal human.

Carly: Accepted.

How should we kick off the IC? I'm thinking just have a big bounty for a Dragon around Sutherland on the map, that draws in those interested, and it'd be near my character's home. There's also a chance meeting at a backwoods tavern or them being kidnapped by demon-worshiping cultists.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
The Greater States of Valyria wrote:So could my character be an angel or fallen angel?

How should we kick off the IC? I'm thinking just have a big bounty for a Dragon around Sutherland on the map, that draws in those interested, and it'd be near my character's home. There's also a chance meeting at a backwoods tavern or them being kidnapped by demon-worshiping cultists.

Can I be the big bad dragon!?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Sounds good also how does this sound for the theology of the church?

So the church revolves around the idea of the Great Architect the singular omnipotent omnipresent deity that created the world and all those who inhabit it with exception of the Chimer who's theological origins are highly debated (some think they are creations of demons, some say created alongside humans, and others say they are the Architects first whom fell out of his favor). After you die if you have lived a good life you brought to the realm of the Architect where you live in peace with no feeling but emotional ecstasy but if you have not lived in accordance with the teachings of the Architect you go to Harbul where your physical body is burned away by fire and your soul purified of sins through fire a process typically called The Baptism of Fire and your soul is recycled to a new body usually an infant but in some cases you can swap bodies with other souls to relive your life and to hopefully love it correctly.

Literally just the bare bones of the theology I can work upon it throughout the RP and such adding depth to the theology and what not. What do you think?

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Illan wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

No I will!

For some reason everybody is levitating towards part dragon part something else. PUREBLOOD DRAGONS FOR THE WIN!
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:27 pm

App
Nation name: Seno Zhou Varada
Character name: Hershikal
Race: Pureblooded Lesser Dragon

Appearance: http://akanetonbo.deviantart.com/art/sm ... -322703589
This but 4 feet long and 3 to 4 feet tall
Bio: Born a top the icy mountain peaks, where snow constantly fell. He was born in from a nest but with one single egg left and a dead dragon, his assumed mother probably. Killed by humans in her own lair and all the eggs but his dealt with or taken. He was left to die in the freezing mountains but those humans didn't realize the Lesser dragons were usually clever. After a few hours of poking around and the like as his baby stage went by fast he stormed out of the cave into the freezing cold to find food as he knew he wouldn't last without his mother. After a couple hours he managed to catch a few birds and small animals. After a few months of living up there however something happened, Dragonslayers. They attacked his small den in the middle of night with their magic and dragon slaying weapons. Hershikal tried to fight but he was overwhelmed and captured for some strange reason. His hatred for humans grew after that point extremely. No one ever messed with a dragon in their lair or den! Then as a dragon his powerful magic began and the cage he was in melted and burned as his hatred exploded and moments later he was free from them fleeing west towards Sutherland.

Abilities: Small: He's small and can fit into many places and is less noticable than some of the bigger ones. Clever: To make up for his lacking strength he is smart and thinks through problems instead of attacking them.
Burning Hatred: His anger burns brighter than a thousand suns and can unleash death itself if he's angry enough.
Stealthy: He moves quiet whether flying or walking.

Weaknesses: Small: With that he is also less intimidating and has less strength than many larger ones. Not strong: Yeah no help from him physically at all he has less muscles than average. Young: He has yet to grow into full size and is still quite small and naive. Purest: He can not change into any mammal only reptilian creatures.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317537

WIP
Last edited by Seno Zhou Varada on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:
Illan wrote:

No I will!

For some reason everybody is levitating towards part dragon part something else. PUREBLOOD DRAGONS FOR THE WIN!

Yes, brother, we can unify against the Lessers!
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Illan wrote:
Seno Zhou Varada wrote:No I will!

Yes, brother, we can unify against the Lessers!

Purebloods for the win!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater States of Valyria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Insaeldor wrote:Sounds good also how does this sound for the theology of the church?

So the church revolves around the idea of the Great Architect the singular omnipotent omnipresent deity that created the world and all those who inhabit it with exception of the Chimer who's theological origins are highly debated (some think they are creations of demons, some say created alongside humans, and others say they are the Architects first whom fell out of his favor). After you die if you have lived a good life you brought to the realm of the Architect where you live in peace with no feeling but emotional ecstasy but if you have not lived in accordance with the teachings of the Architect you go to Harbul where your physical body is burned away by fire and your soul purified of sins through fire a process typically called The Baptism of Fire and your soul is recycled to a new body usually an infant but in some cases you can swap bodies with other souls to relive your life and to hopefully love it correctly.

Literally just the bare bones of the theology I can work upon it throughout the RP and such adding depth to the theology and what not. What do you think?

That sounds good. Pretty basic right now. If my character is going to be an angel we should collaborate together to make sure our lore matches.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:43 pm

App
Nation name: Illan

Character name: Vol Zethran
Race: 100% Pureblooded Greater Dragon (and 100% badass)

Appearance:

In his humanoid form, he shares the same skin tone and markings upon his body, along with his rough and scaly properties. His face appears to have the maw of a dragon, along with the sharp teeth and snout of one, and his head is adorned with two rather long horns and protruding scales, which are typically concealed by a hood he wears in this form. His eyes glow faintly with radiating magical energy, and are a flowing deep blue coloration. This trait is shared in his dragon form. He also has a rather long tail, graced with the markings of his dragon form as well.

Basically, he looks like an anthromorphic dragon with the features above. His clothing as a humanoid is that one would expect from a dragon-mage living in the wilds: rough clothing that is seemingly made of worn cloth, along with trinkets of magical properties.

His clothing can be seen here: Dragon Mage Robes
Disregard anything that isn't the clothing in the picture.

Bio:

Vol Zethran was conceived, born, and raised in an incredibly large cavern dug into a mountain, located on a particularly isolated island off the coast of Tempest. His parents were.....a bit too obsessed with creating a legacy of the Zethran bloodline in the form of two capable children. His father, of whom was a Greater Dragon nearly a third taller than his mother, and the heir to the title of Zethran before Vol; and his mother, a Greater Dragon whom was found and mated with his father, in order to make a brood of even better offspring. Selective breeding, an act of scaly, fire-breathing love. Vol still shudders at the thought.

The results of this "selective breeding" was two Dragonlings, Tyra Zethran and Vol Zethran, both pureblooded heirs to their family name. Tyra, a fiery dragoness(both literally and metaphorically), looked similar to Vol in appearance and coloration, but the two were nothing alike. A classic case of sibling rivalry, simply put into the form of scales and wings. Even as hatchlings, they were tackling and butting heads with each other. The primary difference between her and him as they grew up was her increasing pride in continuing her bloodline, while Vol.....simply wanted a life free from their cave on this island in the tail-end of nowhere. Sure, seclusion was key to their survival as a family of their ilk, but it got tiring for Vol to simply wake up, practice whatever lessons Mother had to teach about spewing fire or whatever other subject, then practice flying and hunting with Father, and then snatch up whatever wildlife they could find in the forests below their mountain. All while putting up with Tyra's teasing.

Oh, it got downright monotonous.

Eventually, once he reached the boundary of his "teenage" years and was trudging into adulthood, Vol flew away from the island in the dead of night, during a full moon. Truly, it looked rather graceful. If an artist was there to paint it, it likely would have made him or her famous. Nevertheless, Vol fled, and spent a select few weeks exploring the Northern wilds the best he could, finding a proper place to stop and think of what to do next. Eventually, he did find a cave, much, much smaller than the one that was his old old home however. It did have the benefit of a shroud of snowy trees and a near constant blizzard around him though, so he would be well concealed. Vol stayed in this cave for a few nights, simply thinking. He decided one thing during this time: His blood-given gifts could be of use. He felt the burn of magic in him, the constant feeling in his bosom of the energy. It was time to figure out how he could put them to use.

For a number of weeks he scoured the northern half of Tempest, eating whatever magical sources that weren't particularly alive (and if they were alive, they were hostile) and speaking to what travelers and caravans would listen to him instead of simply try to loose an arrow into his wings. That was not nice.

Eventually, however, he was told of these ruins nestled deep into the freezing and snowcapped mountains of the northernmost point in Tempest. In these ruins, a supposed oracle waited to hear the wish of those who made the trek to approach him. If one showed enough will and resolve, their wish would be granted. Vol decided to venture to these ruins; what was the worst that could happen? He was a bloody dragon, it would take a day at most to get there.

With around a day of flying later, Vol landed in the old, snowy courtyard of these ruins in the heart of the mountains. Much to his surprise, it....accommodated him well. The ruin's doors were for his size. It appeared to look like an old monastery, but he could fit into it. How strange; perhaps it was the monastery of old dragons? Or perhaps ones who worshipped dragons? Vol shed these questions; no reason asking such questions now. As the large dragon trudged through this old ruin, his blood felt like it began to boil. The deeper he got into the monastery, the more agitated and nervous he felt. His blood was more of an indicator than he thought; it felt like it was tingling for one reason and one reason only: a powerful source of magic was near. An almost overwhelming source.

When Vol reached the center of this monastery amidst the mountains, he was greeted sight the uneasy site of an unusually large round room. In this room were carvings of what looked to be people....humans, shrieking and crying out. It was unsettling, even for Vol. In the very center of this room, bathed in a cone of unnatural white light, was a human form in a thick and well designed robe. The oracle?

As Vol trudged forward, the robes dissipated, and in its place a black sprite stood. Staring at the greater dragon. This was the source of the feeling, Vol knew it. He could feel his own blood seemingly gnawing to escape him.

It was a demon.

"Why do you come hither?" It spoke.

"I have come to these ruins to seek what I heard of them; an oracle that will grant a single wish. Are you am oracle?" Vol replied, in his very....draconic dialect.

"An oracle; names contrived by those who wish to give me a tangible title. Yes, I suppose I am this oracle you speak of. You are certainly not the first to come to me.....but you are the first of your kind. Fascinating."

Vol felt his scales begin to shiver. This was....unnatural.

"Fascinating? These halls can be used as passageways for my kind, as well as the humans, due to their size. How am I the first?" Vol asked, a bit of unease in his tone.

"No, you are not the first to come to these halls. But the first to seek out me? Yes." The odd black and blurred form replied.

"What are you, exactly? And can you grant me my wish?" Vol asked.

"Me? I am nothing but the owner of this place of which you intrude. And yes, I can grant you one wish. But one with ramifications that will alter your fate; that is what I am. A changer of fates. So name your wish, dragon."

Vol began to feel unease like no other. He wanted to leave these place as soon as possible.....he still didn't understand who he was dealing with here....nor did he want to.

But yes. He did. Not now, but he would later.

"I wish to have the ability to assume the form a human has; the humanoid form. Two legs, two arms, and a head on shoulders. Can you grant this wish, Oracle?"

The demon seemingly laughed for a second. "Most come seeking much more drastic things. It is refreshing to see a more sensible request. Yes, I can grant you your wish, Dragon. But heed my words-" The demon paused, a bright blue light enveloping the dragon's form. The most pure form of magic, and it infused him with a new power he had not felt. "You can now assume the role of the form you seek; a Dragonoid. But be wary, young Dragon, as your bloodline is a poison to you. Should you stay in this form for more than seven nights, you shall succumb to your own legacy, and fall into the abyss eternally. Now, depart, Dragon. Your wish is complete." The demon stated, before vanishing entirely. Vol felt something new in him, a new, different magic inside his body. Focusing, a light enveloped him. The light brightened, and brightened.....and suddenly went out. In the wake of the light was a bipedal form, sharing the same colors as Vol and naked as the day he was hatched.

It had worked.

And so, Vol departed from the monastery, walking on his newly found two feet, not daring to linger another second longer. The blood in his body felt....different. No longer was there this lingering sense of magical tracking. But....an emptiness.

He understood what the demon meant by a poison now.

As Vol approached the courtyard where his huge dragon footprints were, he changed back into his dragon form, and flew towards a direction he never had before with clear intent: the South. He felt a desire to fly towards there, and so he did.

A number of years later, and Vol has taken to living in the Southern Wilds now, a master in many forms of magic due to years of practice. Even though his blood was tainted in his human form, he still felt it, the burning passion of magic that identified him as a Zethran. His home was, ironically enough, in a cavern now, built slightly out in the form of a simple cabin. His true home was found in a "secret" door hidden behind a few elaborate wards in the cabin, where his magical experimentations, practice, and other actions took place at, in his cave. While he mingled among the humans and other humanoids, he took the identity of a simple reptilian Chimer, his skin and elaborate colorations marked him as such while he was in his "Draconoid" form....as the demon of many years back called it.

Vol couldn't help but be curious as to what the demon was, or the purpose of it truly. But he never could bring himself to travel back. He had tried....but his mind seemingly prevented him. It was like he was could not go back, like a dark force blocked him too intensely that he couldn't pass it. Perhaps it is for the best; but he still remains....curious about the intent of the dubious Oracle.

Even though his magic was much of his life now, he could not deny his blood. It overflowed with magic, it seemed, even in Draconoid form. And he couldn't deny his lineage; a true Zethran, an inheritor of a sacred draconic heritage. He began to understand why his sister was so proud of what she was.

On some nights, he shed the guise of his other life, the Draconoid, and assumed the mantle of his true form. He would fly up into the sky, spread his wings wide with the moon shining bright, and shout a mighty, earth-shaking roar like no other. He hoped that maybe, just maybe if his old family could hear him, they would know that their son had taken his gifts and mastered them.

Abilities:

Vol's foremost ability is being able to change into his humanoid form described above, and this completely alter his being. Each form has its boons, and it's curses; these will be detailed below.

Dragon Form:
Pure Dragon Blood: The Zethran bloodline of dragon is inside of Vol himself, and seemingly runs ripe with magic. Possibly one of the most well preserved and well kept lineages left in Dragonkind, the Zethran blood gives a notable benefit to the one it courses through: a grand boon to magical abilities. The breath that Vol breathes burns twice as hot in the form of blue flame, and he can also breathe potent, and deadly, magical fire that glows with blue and black. However....this blood leaves him with a near....insatiable hunger for something.

Dragonskin: Due to his, well, being a dragon, his skin is only able to be pierced by the sharpest of blades, and only the most potent of spells. Oh, and it looks pretty awesome too.

Dragon's Wings: With him being a dragon, he has some pretty damn good looking wings. And he can fly, so that's nice. Not much else to say here, really.

Humanoid Form
Corrupted Dragon Blood: As opposed to the purest blood he is graced with in his draconic form, in this form his blood is tainted with the filth of a species he was not meant to become. Having explored the magics of old to find a method to shift into a humanoid, or a "Draconoid', as he found the old term to be called, Vol had to take this power with a price: His pure blood would be tainted as long as he held this Draconoid body. With this, he loses any powers he may have had as a Dragon, such as the intensified breaths, but instead is able to channel his vast array of magics he has assembled. These are pyromancy, raw magical energies being used for offensive and defensive purposes, a slight bit of healing magics, and even some necromancy. With his blood taint comes a price though; Vol may not stay in the Draconoid form for over a weak, lest his blood become poisoned and eventually overcome his own being. Thus, he relies on his tether to the draconic form he was born with.

Weaknesses:

As mentioned above, the blood poisoning he experiences in his humanoid form. This can poison him if he stays in said form for over a week, and can kill him if he does not revert to his dragon form.

And as was vaguely stated in the Pure Dragon Blood trait, he has an insatiable hunger for something. This something is, well, magic. As odd as that sounds, Vol must consume magical energies to satiate this hunger, or even starve. This could be satiated in the form of magical minerals and ores (which Vol can hunt like no other) or even by.....consuming those with magics, ability. Luckily, he doesn't have to resort to the latter often. And, even for his notorious appetite, it doesn't take much magical energy to satiate him. When he has been properly "feasted", he can go a month at most without yearning again.

Oh yeah, his sister is a bit of a bitch too.

RP Sample: I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to finding RP samples, but if you truly want me to provide one, I will. :)

I will make the bio soon, just wanted to post the rest of this :D
Last edited by Illan on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above even The Boss

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm

The Greater States of Valyria wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:Sounds good also how does this sound for the theology of the church?

That sounds good. Pretty basic right now. If my character is going to be an angel we should collaborate together to make sure our lore matches.

Sounds great, I have plans for my character and his ideals of the church and what not. I'm thinking of some religious text and parables we can use as well plus how to create division in church theology based on such.

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 pm

I guess we have already reach our maximum amount of dragons lol :eyebrow: and what's wrong with half breeds or quarter breeds?

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Saint Morning wrote:I guess we have already reach our maximum amount of dragons lol :eyebrow: and what's wrong with half breeds or quarter breeds?

#dragonelitisimisreal
Above even The Boss

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Saint Morning wrote:I guess we have already reach our maximum amount of dragons lol :eyebrow: and what's wrong with half breeds or quarter breeds?

Op kinda, I mean I think I'm the only normal human in this RP so far and it gets kinda dull when the majority of people have super badass dragon powers and all that so the max is setup so we don't have a whole RP nothing but half and quarter Dragons.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse