NATION

PASSWORD

Toddler Shoots and Kills Mother

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:40 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Keyboard Warriors wrote:Neither Sweden nor Switzerland has a gun culture where firearms are seen as necessary personal protection.

Is that why Switzerland mandates that its young men be trained in the use of an assault rifle, as well as actively maintaining it?

Do you know what "personal" protection means? As opposed to "national" protection?
Yes.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:Neither Sweden nor Switzerland has a gun culture where firearms are seen as necessary personal protection.

Is that why Switzerland mandates that its young men be trained in the use of an assault rifle, as well as actively maintaining it?

Yup. It's also the reason why they don't provide ammunition for those weapons.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Galloism wrote:I'm not sure that's even true in the long term.

We're notoriously bad at banning shit. Really.

We've spent billions untold on the drug war, and I bet you I could walk out my front door, and, inside of 30 minutes, score some cocaine (I won't - of course. It's illegal and, besides, I have no use for it). It wasn't all that fired uncommon in Florida when I was down there for a haul of full auto weapons imported from Russia or other places that have NEVER been legal in the US since their manufacture date.

Hell, there's what... half a dozen ATF field offices in Florida? And they're busy as hell grabbing illegal firearms.

So no, I don't think a ban would be effective. Not here.

Drug precursors can be brought in pretty easily - the only thing which can stop them is dogs at customs. If you really care, you can manufacture drugs from things which aren't considered precursors. Booze can be produced anywhere, easily, with very common ingredients. And people get addicted to both of those - they can require drugs.

None of that applies to guns. There are fewer options for smuggling them in, they're more easily detected, less portable, more difficult to manufacture... obviously you can't prevent guns from ever getting in, but the idea isn't to bring the supply to 0, it's to bring it so low that ordinary criminals don't have access to them, and even organised crime reserves firearms for special cases to avoid throwing heat on themselves.

Galloism wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:No, "run at them" was always my primary suggestion. Maybe you could find a use for pepper spray somewhere in there, but as I said at the start, you'd probably just grapple them to prevent them from shooting you.

I'm sure that'll work great given I'm currently in physical therapy and basically only able to use one arm to fight with.

Well, and for disabled vietnam veterans using walkers. Shamble faster, grandpa!

Well, there's no solution which will make everything perfect for everyone. As usual, if you couldn't rush them you wouldn't be able to draw your gun in time, either.

Galloism wrote:Or, for half the cost, we could simply put in a real social safety net and public education, and become Switzerland or Sweden.

Proper social services would help a lot, yes, but that's not the be-all end-all of public safety.

(Also, gun control is not generally expensive - there aren't massive, costly, wasteful "wars on guns" in other countries, although it would certainly get closer in America than elsewhere.)

Gun Manufacturers wrote:The second link I posted for the second example states that the man fired, and THEN the assailant ran away.

Are you totally sure? Because it also mentions that the man defending himself didn't commit a crime because of the specific laws of the state, which protect people over... 65, I think? Which doesn't sound like something you'd need for a straight-up self-defence case.

Gun Manufacturers wrote:Do these examples meet your approval, then?

Yes.

If you live somewhere with dangerous wildlife, that's as good a reason as you can get to carry a gun.

WestRedMaple wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:No, "run at them" was always my primary suggestion. Maybe you could find a use for pepper spray somewhere in there, but as I said at the start, you'd probably just grapple them to prevent them from shooting you.

The answer is yes, you did claim that other non-lethal and melee weapons would require less preparation. Then you turned around to pretend otherwise

Okay, dude, whatever you like.

United Marxist Nations wrote:How do you explain Switzerland's low murder rate?

And again, until you give a way to implement it, it may as well not be a suggestion at all.

Switzerland is pretty much the only country in the world with a high rate of gun ownership and low crime. I'm not going to pretend to know what makes it so special, but I'm also not going to pretend that this exception is any kind of general example.

And you're right, but in gun control arguments, my opponents tend to be people shouting about the FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO OWN A GUN and that ONLY A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN CAN STOP A BAD GUY WITH A GUN and IF YOU OUTLAW GUNS ONLY OUTLAWS etc etc etc. If your opinion is that a gun ban might be theoretically desirable but it's impractical in reality, I don't really have a problem with that.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Swiss citizens - for example hunters, or those who shoot as a sport - can get a permit to buy guns and ammunition, unless they have a criminal record, or police deem them unsuitable on psychiatric or security grounds.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21379912
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Salandriagado wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Is that why Switzerland mandates that its young men be trained in the use of an assault rifle, as well as actively maintaining it?

Which can be purchased by anyone with a permit. And, up until 2007, it did provide it; no change in crime rates.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Galloism wrote:
Keyboard Warriors wrote:And which studies would they be? You mean that crappy Harvard one which doesn't even bother explaining why international data samples often don't correlate?

It matters because people in a poor socioeconomic state, normally who would be turned to crime, have access to firearms and ammunition in the US whereas they largely don't in Sweden or Switzerland.

Largely, those people who are in such a poor socioeconomic state they must turn to crime are in much fewer numbers, proportionally, in Sweden and Switzerland.

Because of the fucking safety net.

Sweden's murder rate is a seventh of that of the US. Can you use your data on "fewer numbers" to show that likewise the rate of people living in poverty in Sweden is a seventh of that of the US?

Can you explain other countries having a much lower murder rate than the US when the degree of coverage provided by social welfare is comparable?
Yes.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:Yes it is.

Swiss citizens - for example hunters, or those who shoot as a sport - can get a permit to buy guns and ammunition, unless they have a criminal record, or police deem them unsuitable on psychiatric or security grounds.

A consistent standard for that is what most American gun control advocates seek.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Tubbsalot wrote:

We've spent billions untold on the drug war, and I bet you I could walk out my front door, and, inside of 30 minutes, score some cocaine (I won't - of course. It's illegal and, besides, I have no use for it). It wasn't all that fired uncommon in Florida when I was down there for a haul of full auto weapons imported from Russia or other places that have NEVER been legal in the US since their manufacture date.

Hell, there's what... half a dozen ATF field offices in Florida? And they're busy as hell grabbing illegal firearms.

Drug precursors can be brought in pretty easily - the only thing which can stop them is dogs at customs. If you really care, you can manufacture drugs from things which aren't considered precursors. Booze can be produced anywhere, easily, with very common ingredients. And people get addicted to both of those - they can require drugs.

None of that applies to guns. There are fewer options for smuggling them in, they're more easily detected, less portable, more difficult to manufacture... obviously you can't prevent guns from ever getting in, but the idea isn't to bring the supply to 0, it's to bring it so low that ordinary criminals don't have access to them, and even organised crime reserves firearms for special cases to avoid throwing heat on themselves.

Galloism wrote:I'm sure that'll work great given I'm currently in physical therapy and basically only able to use one arm to fight with.

Well, there's no solution which will make everything perfect for everyone. As usual, if you couldn't rush them you wouldn't be able to draw your gun in time, either.

Galloism wrote:Or, for half the cost, we could simply put in a real social safety net and public education, and become Switzerland or Sweden.

Proper social services would help a lot, yes, but that's not the be-all end-all of public safety.

(Also, gun control is not generally expensive - there aren't massive, costly, wasteful "wars on guns" in other countries, although it would certainly get closer in America than elsewhere.)

Gun Manufacturers wrote:The second link I posted for the second example states that the man fired, and THEN the assailant ran away.

Are you totally sure? Because it also mentions that the man defending himself didn't commit a crime because of the specific laws of the state, which protect people over... 65, I think? Which doesn't sound like something you'd need for a straight-up self-defence case.

Gun Manufacturers wrote:Do these examples meet your approval, then?

Yes.

If you live somewhere with dangerous wildlife, that's as good a reason as you can get to carry a gun.

WestRedMaple wrote:The answer is yes, you did claim that other non-lethal and melee weapons would require less preparation. Then you turned around to pretend otherwise

Okay, dude, whatever you like.

United Marxist Nations wrote:How do you explain Switzerland's low murder rate?

And again, until you give a way to implement it, it may as well not be a suggestion at all.

Switzerland is pretty much the only country in the world with a high rate of gun ownership and low crime. I'm not going to pretend to know what makes it so special, but I'm also not going to pretend that this exception is any kind of general example.

And you're right, but in gun control arguments, my opponents tend to be people shouting about the FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO OWN A GUN and that ONLY A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN CAN STOP A BAD GUY WITH A GUN and IF YOU OUTLAW GUNS ONLY OUTLAWS etc etc etc. If your opinion is that a gun ban might be theoretically desirable but it's impractical in reality, I don't really have a problem with that.

I am personally against a gun ban, largely because I am a gun owner, and largely because I'm a Marxist-Leninist.

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Master Shake wrote:
Keyboard Warriors wrote:Because it's very difficult to buy ammunition in switzerland.

Reminds me of a Chris Rock joke...

How do we stop innocent bystanders being killed in drive by shootings?

Well easy. Make the cost of a single bullet $5,000 dollars...

If they want to kill someone then they need to be very accurate.

I really hate that line, because it shows such ignorance about ammunition.

Ammunition is relatively easy to make, it's not rocket science (except for Gyrojet rounds, which ARE in fact rockets).
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:Yes it is.

Try buying ammunition for the half million assault rifles that are present in many Swiss homes which greatly inflates the firearm ownership figures.
Yes.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:Sweden's murder rate is a seventh of that of the US. Can you use your data on "fewer numbers" to show that likewise the rate of people living in poverty in Sweden is a seventh of that of the US?

Can you explain other countries having a much lower murder rate than the US when the degree of coverage provided by social welfare is comparable?

Obviously it's not that simple, there are a lot of factors which feed into it and it's not going to be a straight 1/7 poverty = 1/7 gun crime. But it's a factor, and it's well known that the socioeconomic wellbeing of the general population is closely linked to crime and other undesirable activity.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Shilya
Minister

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shilya » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Salandriagado wrote:

Which can be purchased by anyone with a permit. And, up until 2007, it did provide it; no change in crime rates.

And whatever deity you pray to help you if you didn't bring back the package.
Impeach freedom, government is welfare, Ron Paul is theft, legalize 2016!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Uh, you do realize that's not for personal safety, right? Switzerland has no standing army, so it trains almost all able bodied men and conscripts them into the militia. So yeah, Keyboard is right. Switzerland doesn't have a culture that emphasizes guns being used for personal protection.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Cannabiland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cannabiland » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Should have kept the safety of and watched her kid.
I'm a political nihilist.
Every system has its own flaws, powerful figures have always been corrupt, and there is no hope for humanity anymore. Gods are lies and everyone is a hypocrite.

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Tubbsalot wrote:
Keyboard Warriors wrote:Sweden's murder rate is a seventh of that of the US. Can you use your data on "fewer numbers" to show that likewise the rate of people living in poverty in Sweden is a seventh of that of the US?

Obviously it's not that simple, there are a lot of factors which feed into it and it's not going to be a straight 1/7 poverty = 1/7 gun crime. But it's a factor, and it's well known that the socioeconomic wellbeing of the general population is closely linked to crime and other undesirable activity.

I'm not denying that there are factors outside of firearms ownership which contribute to crime, nor am I even suggesting that it's the main cause, but it contributes. It's illogical to pretend that ease of access to firearms, particularly unregistered and untraceable firearms which is a phenomena mostly exclusive to the US. doesn't make it easier and more attractive for people to commit crimes with them. Whether or not something can or should be done about it is an entirely separate issue.
Yes.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Tubbsalot wrote:

Eh, we smuggle in billions of pounds of marijuana annually, and very few are addicted to pot.

It's not especially addicting.

They're not more easily detected, actually. They're not especially less portable either. We don't have the manpower or equipment to scan even 1% of the cargo that enters the United States. Drugs are easier (although not especially easy), because a dog can walk down the aisle between containers stacked three high and detect drugs. Guns cannot be sniffed out.

Certainly more difficult to manufacture. It'd probably take me the better part of two days to manufacture a decent one in my garage if my left hand wasn't messed up. Of course, I have tools.

Now, if we're talking about sniper weapons, you're quite correct that it requires a very specific and precise manufacturing process, but making a gun that's good at a range of 100 feet is really not that hard.

Galloism wrote:I'm sure that'll work great given I'm currently in physical therapy and basically only able to use one arm to fight with.

Grandpa did. He wouldn't have been able to rush them, but he did have time to draw his gun.

One of my main problems is that those who seek to ban guns seek to ban the great equalizer of force. This means that, in reality, who they are hurting are women and the elderly. Those are the ones who need guns most - because they can't (or may not be able to) defend themselves using their body alone.

Really, those who would ban guns hate women.

You're talking about banning something more dearly held precious by Americans than alcohol or drugs.

Something that is seen as a god-given right (not really my view, given if it was god-given, we would have had guns always) to have. If you think it would be cheaper than the drug war, you are so far outside this reality that we're going to need some sort of transdimensional gateway to get you back.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Rubbishstan
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubbishstan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 pm

The toddler should be executed immediately. Open and shut case, from womb to tomb.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
Galloism wrote:Largely, those people who are in such a poor socioeconomic state they must turn to crime are in much fewer numbers, proportionally, in Sweden and Switzerland.

Because of the fucking safety net.

Sweden's murder rate is a seventh of that of the US. Can you use your data on "fewer numbers" to show that likewise the rate of people living in poverty in Sweden is a seventh of that of the US?

Not quite.

The poverty rate in sweden is 3.7%. In the US, it's 14.7%.

So ours is 4 times higher.

http://www.inequalitywatch.eu/spip.php?article99

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... 28974.html

Of course, Sweden also tries to make sure people don't starve to death.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Swiss citizens - for example hunters, or those who shoot as a sport - can get a permit to buy guns and ammunition, unless they have a criminal record, or police deem them unsuitable on psychiatric or security grounds.

Try buying ammunition for the half million assault rifles that are present in many Swiss homes which greatly inflates the firearm ownership figures.

You can, it's why sport shooting is a very common thing in Switzerland, about 600,000 belong to gun-clubs.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Is that why Switzerland mandates that its young men be trained in the use of an assault rifle, as well as actively maintaining it?

Uh, you do realize that's not for personal safety, right? Switzerland has no standing army, so it trains almost all able bodied men and conscripts them into the militia. So yeah, Keyboard is right. Switzerland doesn't have a culture that emphasizes guns being used for personal protection.

Yeah, I'll admit that was an oversight on my part. However, I think it does show that the Swiss are exceptionally paranoid. :p

Meanwhile, in Poland... :p

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Uh, you do realize that's not for personal safety, right? Switzerland has no standing army, so it trains almost all able bodied men and conscripts them into the militia. So yeah, Keyboard is right. Switzerland doesn't have a culture that emphasizes guns being used for personal protection.

Yeah, I'll admit that was an oversight on my part. However, I think it does show that the Swiss are exceptionally paranoid. :p

Meanwhile, in Poland... :p

But they don't have a standing army so a militia is kind of their only hope. :p
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:Try buying ammunition for the half million assault rifles that are present in many Swiss homes which greatly inflates the firearm ownership figures.

You can, it's why sport shooting is a very common thing in Switzerland, about 600,000 belong to gun-clubs.

You can, if you hold a valid permit. Vastly different to "you can" in the United States.
Yes.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Galloism wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:Drug precursors can be brought in pretty easily - the only thing which can stop them is dogs at customs. If you really care, you can manufacture drugs from things which aren't considered precursors. Booze can be produced anywhere, easily, with very common ingredients. And people get addicted to both of those - they can require drugs.

Eh, we smuggle in billions of pounds of marijuana annually, and very few are addicted to pot.

It's not especially addicting.

They're not more easily detected, actually. They're not especially less portable either. We don't have the manpower or equipment to scan even 1% of the cargo that enters the United States. Drugs are easier (although not especially easy), because a dog can walk down the aisle between containers stacked three high and detect drugs. Guns cannot be sniffed out.

Certainly more difficult to manufacture. It'd probably take me the better part of two days to manufacture a decent one in my garage if my left hand wasn't messed up. Of course, I have tools.

Now, if we're talking about sniper weapons, you're quite correct that it requires a very specific and precise manufacturing process, but making a gun that's good at a range of 100 feet is really not that hard.

Grandpa did. He wouldn't have been able to rush them, but he did have time to draw his gun.

One of my main problems is that those who seek to ban guns seek to ban the great equalizer of force. This means that, in reality, who they are hurting are women and the elderly. Those are the ones who need guns most - because they can't (or may not be able to) defend themselves using their body alone.

Really, those who would ban guns hate women.

You're talking about banning something more dearly held precious by Americans than alcohol or drugs.

Something that is seen as a god-given right (not really my view, given if it was god-given, we would have had guns always) to have. If you think it would be cheaper than the drug war, you are so far outside this reality that we're going to need some sort of transdimensional gateway to get you back.

Now while women may or may not be physically weaker then men that is pure sexist to say that women need guns to defend themselves. I know women who are vicious is martial arts when they spar and can more than likely beat the shite out of any attacker.
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Keyboard Warriors wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:You can, it's why sport shooting is a very common thing in Switzerland, about 600,000 belong to gun-clubs.

You can, if you hold a valid permit. Vastly different to "you can" in the United States.

Getting a valid permit is no issue, especially since militia members are required to have most gun-related permits.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Gauthier wrote:Police sketch artists have released an illustration of the suspect:

(Image)

I love you, even though that arc died years ago.

Seriously though, this sucks a lot, the kids gonna be so ashamed later in life, but the worst part of me is laughing at it if only because the issue is so unexpected, that I'm having trouble believing this is real, but it is.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General