NATION

PASSWORD

TFA (Tales from Astholm) - SIGN UP | OOC | OPEN

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

TFA (Tales from Astholm) - SIGN UP | OOC | OPEN

Postby Astholm » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:28 am

T F A
Tales from Astholm

Welcome to Tales from Astholm, a new series of RP's that relate to Astholm and its place within the world, and how other nations relate to Astholm.
It will be a saga (of sorts), but in a good way. A saga does not have to be boring or lengthy!

These RPs all have several things in common:
  • They have a continuity.
  • They are not stand-alone.
  • They are not military-oriented; instead they focus on the everyday individual, regardless of age, class, race, wealth
  • These can tie into other RP's (with permission of the creators)
  • They are all MT.
  • You can promote your storefront IC - within reason
  • Ethnic / racial issues will come up now and again - there will be ethnic conflicts, but not war
  • If you can speak / write foreign languages, that's a bonus!

As for Astholm itself, about the nation...
  • It is a mix of RL Earth and NS Earth (but the modern-day United Kingdom on a map represents its official centre of government)
  • The capital is London
  • Astholm is many different states - think of either The United Kingdom, the Soviet Union or People's Republic of China as examples.
  • It is a multicultural nation.
  • English is the official language virtually everywhere - de facto official in the nation of Vesuvio, where Italian and Spanish / Rioplatense Spanish are second most widely spoken. Other major languages spoken are French, Walloon, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese Flemish, Hindi, Urdu, Hausa, Yoruba, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Estonian, Russian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Letzebuergesch, Brazilian Portuguese, Croatian, Chinese, Mandarin, Japanese, Thai and Quebec French.
  • Automobiles play a large part in the culture of Astholm and you will need your own transport to get around. Autonomous vehicles (self-driving cars) and electric cars are legally prohibited. The sole exceptions are the Nissan Leaf and Renault EV's.
  • Astholm is a fairly pacific nation, and military action is fairly rare.
  • Culture is modelled mainly on British, American and Canadian culture.
  • It has a "melting pot" culture and integration is good.
  • Immigration is a controversial topic, but, on the whole, immigrants are accepted.
  • Iain Donaldson is the Prime Minister; HM Queen Elizabeth is the reigning monarch.

The RPs have several basic rules, follow these and you're good to go:
  • Keep your character realistic.
  • All OOC commentary belongs in this thread - No (OOC: ) brackets in IC RP's
  • No god-moding.
  • Racism is permitted IC but not OOC.
  • If you use foreign languages, please provide a translation, e.g.
    "¿Dónde estamos? ¿Cómo hemos llegado hasta aquí? [Where are we? How did we get here?] " John said, in a thick Spanish accent. His voice sounded kinda harsh.
  • No personal attacks OOC - although IC, this is fine
  • All NS rules apply here.

My main character will be Craig Anderson, a Canadian-Astholmian businessman and public figure, his biography is at http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Craig_Anderson
I will be RP'ing as Astholmian, Russian-Astholmian, Brazilian-Astholmian and American-Astholmian characters too, of all backgrounds, male, female, LGBT, straight, whatever.

It would be good, but is not obligatory to have a IIWiki article on your character.

This thread is for discussing the RP's and planning them.

My first one is centred around a cultural event from one of my nation's ethnic groups - in this case, a diaspora who have settled in my nation.
I will write the IIWiki article if you want and you are welcome to improve it.

There will be six RP's in total, the length of them is to be determined by you.

If you have any questions TG me or post on here!
Last edited by Astholm on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:43 am

I think I will bring back Martyne and Tiffany Reed over Let me find their bios from the last Astholm RP
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:23 am

Name(s): Martyne Lombard + Tiffany Reed
Age(s): 25 (marty), 33 (Tiffy)
Family: single in both cases, though Martyne is the daughter of the owner of Avija Valkyr, however that doesnt mean free air miles, just a discount!
Ethnic Background: English white (Marty) Australian white (Tiffany)
Description (Paragraph or picture): see below
Nation of Origin: Auroran
Previous Military Experience: none
Occupation(s): Truck drivers
Bio: Marty passed her CDL aged 21, been trucking ever since in a 2005 model ex demonstrator DS900 with trailer, Tiffany used to work as a reporter before joining Marty with Azure trucking. Tiffany lost her leg in a road raffic accident aged 23 when a truck driver fell asleep at the wheel and collided with the car she was driving
Political Ideology: Meh!!!!
Religion and Beliefs: neither are religious
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=11513985#p11513985

Marty

Tiffany

their truck

a Right hand drive DS900 with one hell of an engine, the 2530bhp (i kid you not!) V12 monster, though its still limited to 100km/h

As well as the piercings on the outside of her face, Martyne sports a split tongue that also has a stud in each half, also spots nipple and navel (belly button) piercings, Tiffany sports a studded tongue to go with her nose chain.

Martyne's truck, specs can be found on the image, sports neon strip lights on the trailers and behind the side skirts, these shine down pink and blue on the road, heavy duty bull bar fender, a pair of big bore exhausts and to top it all off, a PAIR of nathan K5LA Air Horns. (they are off a Union Pacific railroad locomotive, and are located behind the steps). The truck was purchased second hand, and though a 2005 model, it has over 1,274,000 kms on it now and is still worked hard.

SNOW CHAINS
FLOURESCENT MARKER SHEET AND A MEANS TO TIE IT DOWN
WARNING TRIANGLE X3
TWO-WAY RADIO THAT CAN TUNE TO THE INTERNATIONAL DISTRESS FREQUENCY OR CB09AM OR CB09FM
SHOVEL
HIGH VIZIBILITY JACKET
SPARE BULB SET
SPARE TYRE AND MEANS TO CHANGE IT
SPARE INNER TUBE AND MEANS TO INFLATE TYRE
TOW ROPE
SPARE FUEL (STORED IN AN APPROVED CONTAINER AKA "JERRY CAN")
7 DAYS WORTH FOOD AND DRINK PER PASSENGER
THERMAL BLANKET PER PASSENGER
BATTERY JUMP LEADS
FLASHLIGHT
WHEEL CHOCKS x2
FIRE EXTINGUISHER
VEHICLE JACK (VEHICLES UNDER 3500kg)
JACKING PAD TO SPREAD LOAD OUT (VEHICLES UNDER 3500kg)
ROPE (minimum 13m)
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:17 am

Signup sheet:

Name
Picture
Date of birth
Ethnicity
Biography - if you have an IIWiki article link to it
Will your character be a recurring character?
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:22 am

Episode 1: The Trip to Marukhiya

In this RP, Giuditta D'Abruzzo goes on holiday with some of her friends to Marukhiya; however, it comes at a time when the nation is debating the big question in its history:

Does Marukhiya join Astholm, or stay independent?

Giuditta and friends decide to sample some of the culture, food and festivals, all the while enjoying their holiday.
This is set in early December 2014, and they have gone there for several reasons:
  • Christmas shopping
  • Cuisine
  • To export a car back to their home nation (Marukhiya is a popular destination for this sort of thing)
  • Cultural activities
  • The beach
On IIWiki

Return to NationStates