NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Alleniana wrote:@Neo, reserved, though I'd much prefer you to take more overseas colonies (India needs partitioners, for example) and maybe look at normalising borders in Europe; Wallonia speaks French, Navarre doesn't. But fine on the whole.

I wasn't sure who claimed what during the massive map upload a moment ago, so I'll go and revise the map.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Alleniana wrote:@Neo, reserved, though I'd much prefer you to take more overseas colonies (India needs partitioners, for example) and maybe look at normalising borders in Europe; Wallonia speaks French, Navarre doesn't. But fine on the whole.

I wasn't sure who claimed what during the massive map upload a moment ago, so I'll go and revise the map.

Thanks.
In North Africa, maybe just take either Morocco or Algeria minus the Sahara, instead of a strip of both? Could that work?

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm

How long do reservations last?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm

I won't be able to post a full map of HRE claims until tomorrow, but roughly it's pre-WW1 Germany + Belgium + Netherlands + Austrian-controlled Italy (prior to it's loss and not including Venice).

Also, any French speaking parts go to France, excluding Alsace-Lorraine.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:I won't be able to post a full map of HRE claims until tomorrow, but roughly it's pre-WW1 Germany + Belgium + Netherlands + Austrian-controlled Italy (prior to it's loss and not including Venice).

Uruguay: South American Alsace-Lorraine

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Greater Mid West wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:I won't be able to post a full map of HRE claims until tomorrow, but roughly it's pre-WW1 Germany + Belgium + Netherlands + Austrian-controlled Italy (prior to it's loss and not including Venice).

*Nods* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisplatine_War
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Was the Netherlands ever independent because that's important to my history.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:40 pm

can people plz help with ship numbers k thnz
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Greater Mid West wrote:How long do reservations last?

Day or two.

Err, sorry, too big. That's like nearly 2 GPs.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Please can we have something called the Pastry War?

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Application

Name: Les Etats-Unis de Nouvelle France
Symbols: Le Flag, Le Anthem, The Voice of Freedom, L'Alligator, L'Élan
Claims: This
Power: Regional Power

Government Structure: Parliamentary Republic
Ideology/Policy: Classical Liberalism, Militarism, Expansionism,
Leaders: President: Jean-Baptiste Leclerc
Prime Minister: Frederic Dupont
Capital City: Quebec

Population: 27,116,842

Primary Ethnic Group:
• Nouvelle Francais: 88%
-French Louisianan: 75%
-French Canadian: 13%

Minority Ethnic Groups:
• French 3%
• Native American 2%
• English 1%
• German 2%
• Italian 2%
• Polish 1%
• Others 1%

Description of Culture: The People of Nouvelle France are very French in culture, faith and so on. Ever since the successful rebellion of 1775 (The Nouvelle Francais Rebellion) the peoples of the nation have stuck to their French roots in cuisine, religion and so forth. The Republican Ideals of the nation however, have changed traditions slightly here and there. Though the official language is "French" there are two slight variations to the mother tongue spoken in La France. The first is Quebecois, spoken in all the regions of "Canada Francais" the second is Mississippi French, spoken in French Louisiana. However, for diplomacy and other official business the proper French tongue must be used. With the arrival of other nationalities to the nation; big cities like Quebec, Montreal, New Orleans and St Louis are experiencing a merge of culture. Traditional dishes are being given new taste and flavour with the culinary expertise and mannerisms from the other nations are seeing some light as well. In the rural areas however, not much has changed.

Language: Quebecois, Mississippi French - collectively "Nouvelle Francais"

Religion:
• Roman Catholicism: 94%
• Protestantism: 3%
- Anglican: 1%
- Lutheran 2%

• Judaism: 1%
• Other Religions: 1.8%
• No Religion: .2%

Foreign Relations: Is rather isolationist but maintains friendly relations with other former colonial nations and the Commonwealth.
Military Information: Small, well trained and well equipped. Used mainly for keeping the peace within the nation and for a rather prestigious outlook - aims to keep up to date with technology.
Army Size: 200,000 professional soldiers. 150,000 take the form of infantry, 25,000 take the form of cavalry, 15,000 take the form of artillerists and 10,000 are engineers, field medics and so forth. There are a potential reserve of 300,000 men but these are rarely expected to be called upon.
Navy Size: 3 Pre-Dreadnoguhts and 18 Iron Clads, each well maintained and equipped that are stationed in the Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Sea and Hudson Bay respectively. The latter two are generally equipped with icebreakers. Several other ships, mainly small frigates of wood and such still are present due to the over abundance of wood in the nation - but these are generally reserved for the more Northern Patrols, where strong winds make their speed quite formidable.

Economic Policy: Protectionism; the Gov't firmly believes placing tariffs on goods that can already be acquired within the nation. This allows for local enterprises and businesses, as well as the foreign market, an equal and fair chance in selling their goods to the people.
Economic Situation: The economic situation is quite well. A healthy industrial sector is present and the goods exported by the nation are quite well received in the global market. However, the expanse of the industrial sector was taken with caution and so several loans are still needed to be paid back to the Commonwealth. The agricultural sector is, without a doubt, heavily important to the nation as it produces a surplus of food and exports these fine crops to other nations. As well as this, Cash Crops are grown in large yields - Cotton, Indigo, Tobacco and whatnot. Urbanisation has become quite more common, but many still live in rural lands. The major cities include Quebec, Montreal, St Louis, New Orleans, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago, etc.
Infrastructure: Most large cities are beginning to get railways connecting them - the most famous being the "Quebec/New Orleans Railway"
Imports & Exports: (Exports) Lumber, Cash Crops, Food Crops, Metals, Luxury Items. (Imports) WIP
Currency: The Franc (Fr)

History:
Nouvelle France officially began her life in the year 1601. The First French Explorers, led by Samuel de Champlain settled here and hoped the city would mark the beginnings of the French Colonial Empire. Soon, in 1603, two French Explorers (Louie et Clarké :P) ventured south from the St Lawrence River and ended up in modern day Michigan. When they returned to Quebec with the news, letters were dispatched to France and more towns were founded on the American Continent. Three years later, both explorers sailed around Labrador/Quebec and found the Hudson bay. Once again the same happened, and once they returned to Quebec letters and missives were dispatched to France. By 1610, a "thriving" (As much as one can thrive in 1600s Canada) French Colony, named "Nouvelle France" had began encompassing modern day Quebec, Labrador and Ontario. With this thriving community, France continued to steadily dispatch colonists to increase her profits in the fur industry.

In 1654, French Colonist Henri Giroud landed in what is now New Orleans. This colonial endeavour brought with it the claiming of the land known has "Louisiane" by 1667. By then, French Jesuits and Colonists had flooded to the land as they built towns upon the Mississippi; like St Louis and eventually the borders were redrawn and "Louisiane" became a district under "Nouvelle France"

In the year 1770, after the French had successfully defeated the British in the "Seven Years War", the colonists of Nouvelle France became weary under the increasingly forced taxations of "Protection" from the French Crown. The voice of the People came in the form of Colonial Governor Pierre de Rigaud, Marquis de Vaudreuil-Cavagnial, a Canadian born man whom wanted to see France right the wrongs it had done to his people. His pleas fell on deaf ears. In 1771, he and several other important figures of the Nouvelle France Independence Movement signed the Constitution of Nouvelle France (Which banned slavery) and declared that their nation was in a state of war against the French Empire. With little support on the main land, the French Colonists resorted to allying themselves with the natives in the territory and peppered the French War Machine in guerrillas tactics, only engaging in proper European Style when they were definite they had an advantage. A rather horrible underestimate of the spirit of the Nouvelle Francais as well as support from the Commonwealth (Both Navally and Land Army based), led to the capture of Quebec and Montreal in the Winter of 73, before Orelans fell in South in 74. With the loyalists switching sides and the vast expanse of land being turned against her, France and her now independent colony signed a peace agreement, with France acknowledging Nouvelle France's independence. In honour of his achievements, Pierre de Rigaud, Marquis de Vaudreuil-Cavagnial became the first President of Nouvelle France in 1776 and remained so until his death 6 years later in 1782.

With a new found friendship with the Commonwealth that only strengthened over time, Nouvelle France began to gain a foothold in outside politics with the world. In 1843 diplomats were sent across Europe and to the East. Trade galore ensued and with such a mighty economy the nation was named "La Terre D'Opportunité" and a good amount of immigrants from Germany, Italy, Ireland and Poland travelled across the Atlantic in hopes of starting a new life, to leave their footprint upon the planet. In 1850 the "Quebec Orleans Railway" was opened and it allowed easy access to travel to the two most important cities of the Republic with ease. "5 Days!" they'd say, "5 Days is all it will take!" These were foundations upon the opportunistic mind of a noble people. Soon, before the dawn of the next decade were the countries many cities and towns united by a large railroad system that spanned the nation. It brought people closer and made travel much more affordable.

In 1876 the Health Care act was passed and the cleaning up of many great cities was done, regulations upon industry came next and vaccinations became absolutely mandatory for everyone.

WIP

Miscellaneous: Hue?
RP Example: HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Well, this should be done. (Hopefully)
I'm only not certain on population, cause, well, it's not a simple thing to calculate as well as other factors in play;
French sent more colonialists, native assimilation, etc.

I'm also content with settling some border disputes, officially cause y'know, HRPG Thread was unofficial.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:I wasn't sure who claimed what during the massive map upload a moment ago, so I'll go and revise the map.

Thanks.
In North Africa, maybe just take either Morocco or Algeria minus the Sahara, instead of a strip of both? Could that work?

Yeah, that would. I'll just take Algeria

How's this map?
Caltarania wrote:

Republic?

I haven't decided yet, but it probably will be a Republic
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:44 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:
Greater Mid West wrote:

*Nods* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisplatine_War

Much debate in Uruguay. Much battling. Much crisis xD

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Argentina is not a secondary power, oui?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Alleniana wrote:

It's also going to be über-decentralised and effectively be running a feudal governmental system, although I can definitely axe Belgium and Austrian-controlled Italy, probably the Netherlands as well. As long as the core of the HRE (pre-WW1 Germany + Bohemia + Austria) remains, I'm happy.

Or I could do a Dutch Empire instead. Too many choices.

Edit: Think I'm going to leave no reservation, go to sleep, and see what I can ram together with what's left tomorrow after I've had sleep. It usually works.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:Application

More info on government and some other little stuff. Basically fine though.

Also, thus far, I've ignored a few small border disputes. They're almost exclusively small border regions, so I'll just be compiling them on map in chronological order, and if some of the regions become and issue, I'll resolve it separately.
@Neo, fine, though New Zealand is Kalmar, as are bits of Africa (well, Commonwealth actually), and you could even increase your hold in Algeria.

Guys, please use Great Power - Secondary Power - Minor Nation - Microstate scale. Otherwise it gets quite confusing.
Lunas Legion wrote:
Alleniana wrote:

It's also going to be über-decentralised and effectively be running a feudal governmental system, although I can definitely axe Belgium and Austrian-controlled Italy, probably the Netherlands as well. As long as the core of the HRE (pre-WW1 Germany + Bohemia + Austria) remains, I'm happy.

Or I could do a Dutch Empire instead. Too many choices.

I'm not sure feudalism in 1881 is a good idea...

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Anyone got good sources for ship numbers in the RN?

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Application

More info on government and some other little stuff. Basically fine though.

Also, thus far, I've ignored a few small border disputes. They're almost exclusively small border regions, so I'll just be compiling them on map in chronological order, and if some of the regions become and issue, I'll resolve it separately.
@Neo, fine, though New Zealand is Kalmar, as are bits of Africa (well, Commonwealth actually), and you could even increase your hold in Algeria.

Will do.
Added 3 Pre-Dreads by the way, noticed they were around in this time. I'll get some more info up on the Gov't, not to worry.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Name: Kingdom of Pontus
Symbols:
, The eagle, Waves
Claims: this which is basically northern anatolia + a bit of georgia, the creme orangish color
Power: minor power to possible secondary power

Government Structure: Absolute theocratic Monarchy. The king has several themes in charge of the provinces of Pontus and each of these leaders is seen to be ordained by the gods themselves.
Ideology/Policy: The gods wills are supreme, personal capitalism or the person makes his own opportunities, Equal rights for males and females, Traditionalist conservatism (to help promote Hellenic mainly)
Leaders: King Leon Pontus II
Capital City: Amasya

Population: 4.5 million
Primary Ethnic Group: Pontic Greeks
Minority Ethnic Groups: Turks, Kurds, Armenians
Description of Ethnicity: Around 60% of the population are considered Pontic greeks while turks take up another 20 percent, 12 percent are Armenians, 6 are Kurds, and the other 2% are many minorities
Language: Greek
Religion: Reformed Hellenic majority with minorities of Orthodox christianity, Islam around the kingdom and Nestorian in georgia

Foreign Relations: The Kingdom of Pontus is on neutral terms with most nations with nearly no allies or true enemies mostly due to her religion offering no ties to other nations
Military Information: The army of Pontus is renowned for their heavy cavalry though the foot soldiers are competent armed with breech loaders but the chance to adopt bolt actions has not come to Pontus yet. The navy is mainly composed of Galley type ships as they are perfectly suited to warfare in the black sea. The government has not shifted to ironclads yet as they are still unconvinced of its feasibility in the black sea.
Army Size: The army is made up of 40,000 men in peacetime divided up into 12,000 cavalry, 24,000 Infantry and 4000 artillerymen
Navy Size: The navy has 8,000 sailors at its command in peacetime staffing around 18 galleys, 4 Barques, and 2 fifth rate

Economic Policy: Low tax rates for citizens with higher taxes for non believers and non-citizens, rather sizable tariffs on goods coming into Pontus
Economic Situation: Rather well currently from the black sea trade. Most people are in the middle class and the wealthy do not seem to be losing their fortunes soon. The poverty rate is only around 8% and the government has no plans it seems to improve that as of now.
Infrastructure: The coastal areas of Pontus are rather well developed to maintain the rather vital black sea trade that Pontus almost lives on with some while the interior varies from place to place with some being as developed as the coast like the capitol for instance and others having only simple dirt paths in the rural farming villages.
Imports & Exports: Exports: timber, Olives, Silver, iron, fish
imports: Spices, Dyes, refined metals
Currency: Pontic Drachma

History: The History of Pontus first should be looked at the conversion of the empire to christianity. The roman empire took much less zealous practices in conversion leading to large communities of people following the old gods to not convert to christianity. One of the largest communities was within the caucasus and NE Anatolia. Next we must fast forward to the fall of Trebizond, The last greek kingdom in Anatolia casting despair on the greek peoples in Anatolia and brought about a feeling that god had abandoned the people to the evil of Islam. A political force emerged from this though and that was the surviving Hellenic pagans who became figureheads in movements to free Anatolia from the turks. Many greeks were swayed by these men and followed their movements and even reconverting to Hellenic after seeing the great strength these men had which they claimed came from the gods especially the primordial god Pontus who gave the largest movement, the followers of Pontus, their name. In 1472, came the first Hellenic revolt lead by the followers of Pontus against the ottomans but though it met with initial success, the Ottomans would defeat it within a year. Good did come from the war though as the ottomans gave the Pontic greeks more autonomy to prevent further revolts but this was a mistake which would lead to the creation of Pontus. In 1515, The second Hellenic revolt broke out while the ottoman sultan sought his conquest of egypt. Most the army was away on the invasion leading to great success for the revolt and eventual peace treaty with the ottomans creating the State of Pontus in Northern Anatolia along with several areas of the former kingdom of Georgia while also totally destroying the chance for ottoman capture of egypt. A loyal believer and leader of the followers of Pontus was made king and his name was Constantine Pontus, the Pontus being adopted by him as his family name. He immediately set about reforming the Hellenic faith as to battle against any christian influences reappearing and taking away his power as the king. He reformed the office of Pontifex Maximus giving a local priest the title and this among other reforms to the faith helped cement his control. The people of Pontus flourished for 20 years until another war came with the jealous ottomans lasting 2 years. The war was decisively won by Pontus when the main ottoman force was trapped within a mountain pass and utterly decimated by a smaller Pontic force. This event allowed Pontus to go on the offensive and in the end, the war stretched pontus to almost encompass all of its modern day territory. Several more wars would follow in the next 100 years with the two nation trading territory until Pontus came to its modern borders and the ottomans were almost falling apart. Years of peace followed for Pontus in which the arts and culture flourished under the watchful eyes of the gods. The last conquest in Pontus history was the failed invasion of Constantinople in 1712 by King Samos Pontus which ended in a tragic defeat when the army had reached the gates of Constantinople. A christian army had gathered to defend the city and even with great acts of valor from the Royal Cavalry, Pontus lost losing almost a quarter of her army. Pontus was forced to reel back inside her borders and the protection of Poseidon. The years up into today were rather uneventful after that with a few revolts here and there leading to more rights for the peasant class though rather reluctantly from the nobles along with mass conversion efforts for Hellenic to keep its place as the dominant religion.
Miscellaneous: the reformed Hellenic faith is headed by the Pontifex Maximus who resides In the capital city in a state of semi independence from the government. like islam, there is a special tax for those who do not follow Hellenic.
RP Example: do i have to? :p
Last edited by Paketo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Anyone have any suggestions for the Royal Navy's size?

I am awful at picking appropriate sizes.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:53 pm

So could anyone help me make a map?
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:53 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Anyone have any suggestions for the Royal Navy's size?

I am awful at picking appropriate sizes.

I'm in the same pickle.

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Epraria wrote:So could anyone help me make a map?

Like of the entire world or just your region?
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Application

Name: Officially: Les Etats-Unis de Nouvelle France | Unofficially: Le Grande République | Demonym: Nouvelle Francais.
Symbols: Le Flag, Le Anthem, The Voice of Freedom, L'Alligator, L'Élan
Claims: Violet on the RP map.
Power: Regional Power

Government Structure: Parliamentary Republic. Nouvelle France is broken into 16 administrative regions. Each of these regions puts forth two representatives towards the Quebec Parliament. Every male citizen above the age of 18 is permitted to vote for the President and said President then appoints one of the ministers of an administrative region as Prime Minister. Elections happen every 6 years, but the President may be voted out of his office by a Parliament Majority Vote backed by the people's consent.
Ideology/Policy: Classical Liberalism, Militarism, Expansionism, Equality,
Leaders: President: Jean-Baptiste Leclerc
Prime Minister: Frederic Dupont
Capital City: Quebec

Population: 20,498,842

Primary Ethnic Group:
• Nouvelle Francais: 88%
-French Louisianan: 75%
-French Canadian: 13%

Minority Ethnic Groups:
• French 3%
• Native American 2%
• English 1%
• German 2%
• Italian 2%
• Polish 1%
• Others 1%

Description of Culture: The People of Nouvelle France are very French in culture, faith and so on. Ever since the successful rebellion of 1775 (The Nouvelle Francais Rebellion) the peoples of the nation have stuck to their French roots in cuisine, religion and so forth. The Republican Ideals of the nation however, have changed traditions slightly here and there. Though the official language is "French" there are two slight variations to the mother tongue spoken in La France. The first is Quebecois, spoken in all the regions of "Canada Francais" the second is Mississippi French, spoken in French Louisiana. However, for diplomacy and other official business the proper French tongue must be used. With the arrival of other nationalities to the nation; big cities like Quebec, Montreal, New Orleans and St Louis are experiencing a merge of culture. Traditional dishes are being given new taste and flavour with the culinary expertise and mannerisms from the other nations are seeing some light as well. In the rural areas however, not much has changed.

Language: Quebecois, Mississippi French - collectively "Nouvelle Francais"

Religion:
• Roman Catholicism: 94%
• Protestantism: 3%
- Anglican: 1%
- Lutheran 2%

• Judaism: 1%
• Other Religions: 1.8%
• No Religion: .2%

Foreign Relations: Nouvelle France tends to keep to her own continent, but has tendencies to intervene in locations in South America. She has more than amiable relations with Brazil, Mexico, the Commonwealth and France and maintains good relations with her neighbours to the East - the CSA and Pallasia. She see's not many enemies, at this point in time, but instead attempts to befriend most upon her borders. Most.
Military Information: Small, well trained and well equipped. Used mainly for keeping the peace within the nation and for a rather prestigious outlook - aims to keep up to date with technology.
Army Size: 150,000 professional soldiers. 128,000 take the form of infantry, 10,000 take the form of cavalry, 2,000 take the form of artillerists/machine gunners and 10,000 are engineers, field medics and so forth. There are a potential reserve of 300,000 men but these are rarely expected to be called upon.
Navy Size: 18 Iron Clads (4 Battleships, 8 Cruisers and 6 Destroyers), each well maintained and equipped that are stationed in the Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Sea and Hudson Bay respectively. The latter two are generally equipped with icebreakers. 32 ships, mainly small frigates of wood and such still are present due to the over abundance of wood in the nation - but these are generally reserved for the more Northern Patrols, where strong winds make their speed quite formidable.

Economic Policy: Protectionism; the Gov't firmly believes placing tariffs on goods that can already be acquired within the nation. This allows for local enterprises and businesses, as well as the foreign market, an equal and fair chance in selling their goods to the people.
Economic Situation: The economic situation is quite well. A healthy industrial sector is present and the goods exported by the nation are quite well received in the global market. However, the expanse of the industrial sector was taken with caution and so several loans are still needed to be paid back to the Commonwealth. The agricultural sector is, without a doubt, heavily important to the nation as it produces a surplus of food and exports these fine crops to other nations. As well as this, Cash Crops are grown in large yields - Cotton, Indigo, Tobacco and whatnot. Urbanisation has become quite more common, but many still live in rural lands. The major cities include Quebec, Montreal, St Louis, New Orleans, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago, etc. A very healthy mining sector exists to fully exploit the iron, coal, gold, silver and other precious metals in the nation.
Infrastructure: Most large cities have railways connecting them - the most famous being the "Quebec/New Orleans Railway"
Imports & Exports: (Exports) Lumber, Cash Crops, Food Crops, Metals, Luxury Items. (Imports) WIP
Currency: The Franc (Fr)

History: Nouvelle France officially began her life in the year 1601. The First French Explorers, led by Samuel de Champlain settled here and hoped the city would mark the beginnings of the French Colonial Empire. Soon, in 1603, two French Explorers (Louie et Clarké :P) ventured south from the St Lawrence River and ended up in modern day Michigan. When they returned to Quebec with the news, letters were dispatched to France and more towns were founded on the American Continent. Three years later, both explorers sailed around Labrador/Quebec and found the Hudson bay. Once again the same happened, and once they returned to Quebec letters and missives were dispatched to France. By 1610, a "thriving" (As much as one can thrive in 1600s Canada) French Colony, named "Nouvelle France" had began encompassing modern day Quebec, Labrador and Ontario. With this thriving community, France continued to steadily dispatch colonists to increase her profits in the fur industry.

In 1654, French Colonist Henri Giroud landed in what is now New Orleans. This colonial endeavour brought with it the claiming of the land known has "Louisiane" by 1667. By then, French Jesuits and Colonists had flooded to the land as they built towns upon the Mississippi; like St Louis and eventually the borders were redrawn and "Louisiane" became a district under "Nouvelle France"

In the year 1770, after the French had successfully defeated the British in the "Seven Years War", the colonists of Nouvelle France became weary under the increasingly forced taxations of "Protection" from the French Crown. The voice of the People came in the form of Colonial Governor Pierre de Rigaud, Marquis de Vaudreuil-Cavagnial, a Canadian born man whom wanted to see France right the wrongs it had done to his people. His pleas fell on deaf ears. In 1771, he and several other important figures of the Nouvelle France Independence Movement signed the Constitution of Nouvelle France (Which banned slavery) and declared that their nation was in a state of war against the French Empire. With little support on the main land, the French Colonists resorted to allying themselves with the natives in the territory and peppered the French War Machine in guerrillas tactics, only engaging in proper European Style when they were definite they had an advantage. A rather horrible underestimate of the spirit of the Nouvelle Francais as well as support from the Commonwealth (Both Navally and Land Army based), led to the capture of Quebec and Montreal in the Winter of 73, before Orelans fell in South in 74. With the loyalists switching sides and the vast expanse of land being turned against her, France and her now independent colony signed a peace agreement, with France acknowledging Nouvelle France's independence. In honour of his achievements, Pierre de Rigaud, Marquis de Vaudreuil-Cavagnial became the first President of Nouvelle France in 1776 and remained so until his death 6 years later in 1782.

With a new found friendship with the Commonwealth that only strengthened over time, Nouvelle France began to gain a foothold in outside politics with the world. In 1843 diplomats were sent across Europe and to the East. Trade galore ensued and with such a mighty economy the nation was named "La Terre D'Opportunité" and a good amount of immigrants from Germany, Italy, Ireland and Poland travelled across the Atlantic in hopes of starting a new life, to leave their footprint upon the planet. In 1850 the "Quebec Orleans Railway" was opened and it allowed easy access to travel to the two most important cities of the Republic with ease. "5 Days!" they'd say, "5 Days is all it will take!" These were foundations upon the opportunistic mind of a noble people. Soon, before the dawn of the next decade were the countries many cities and towns united by a large railroad system that spanned the nation. It brought people closer and made travel much more affordable.

In 1876 the Health Care act was passed and the cleaning up of many great cities was done, regulations upon industry came next and vaccinations became absolutely mandatory for everyone.

Miscellaneous: Hue?
RP Example: HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:I wasn't sure who claimed what during the massive map upload a moment ago, so I'll go and revise the map.

Thanks.

Perhaps take none because my app is done.
(hey that rhymed. and I claimed all of that)
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse